The New Team on the Ice

The icey tundras of Baridi are the perfect place for the creatures adapted to the freezing cold.
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 29-03-2010 01:26

ok, the bumping time is over. ))

Joshua smiled, watching as the dogs began to come forward one by one. Harmony came forth quickly as he set down the food bowls, already on tp of Joshua, paws over his shoulders as she gave a lick to his face in greeting. "Down girl, easy!" Joshua laughed. As Harmony retreated, she took a step back at Caleb past and was now at Joshua's side. She looked hesitant, looking away from him before ging over to a bowl.

Chikara had been the next to come over, yipping as she cam with her tail wagging. Grinning, Joshua waited till she was near him, and gave her a good bear hug around the neck before teasingly ruffling her forehead playfully.

"Good morning Chikara." he smiled. "Eat up!" he grinned.

After Chikara, Joshua saw Caleb who was instantly by his side. Smiling, Joshua said, "How's my lead dog feeling eh?" he gave Caleb a nice pat on the head before signalling him to chow down with the rest, offering a bowl to him.

Next would be John and Anik, and so he waited for the two as well. After a hardy breakfast, it would be time for training...
ImageImage

Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 30-03-2010 20:07

Bumpee for Leo. :)

Order of posting again:

1 Silverwolf
2 Leo
3 Nakisha
4 Toki
5 Yena

Since Toki is on vacation, I will write Caleb out for a little while for her when it's my turn. :) Caleb will rejoin the team when Toki returns.
~When darkness comes, you know I'm never far~
Leo
Beta

Post by Leo » 31-03-2010 00:27

When the human came out to give the food around, john got up and shock all of the snow off of his fur, then gave a long joyful strech alot of his older bones popping. he watch the others go up to him, jumping up to great him joyfuly.
The human wouldnt get any such welcome from john.

He waited for the human to walk over to him, but it appered that he wouldnt come over, so he walked a little closer before sitting down again. John had been tort to wait till the human came to him, and not to bound up and jump, both his preves homes had tort him this. He had to always wait for the human to put the bowl down and walk away before apporching his bowl. and he wasnt about to change his old habbits any time soon. even thow he didnt like this human, there was no exuse to be rude at all.

He looked off over the land as he waited, it look like a beautful day in the tundria, and he couldnt wait to start crossing it, he had spent nilly his hole life stuck in one place, and when he got to his sceond home and he could start seeing places, he hated staying still for to long, now he just wanted to travil.
Life was passing him fast, he knew he only had at the very most 2 years if that of being able to run and that was if he was lucky, by the feel of his joints athrtis was already coming in. He looked back at the others starting to eat, his ears slightly back as they wernt looking at him.
"you better make the most of these days, john old boy ant a lot left in ya", he muttered to him self.
live fast, die young in a nice pair of shorts.
plz for give my spelling Image
umm you all rock :D
Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 01-04-2010 20:29

((Writing Caleb out for Toki; bit of Godmodding, sorry, just needed to write Caleb out here. XD))

Old Gregory was making his way to the camp, curious to see how his Chichi was doing. He plowed through the snow, grumbling to himself.
He was told to stay away for a week... give Chichi the time she needed to adapt to a new master and working in a team. But Greg couldn't stay away that long...

Even though he wouldn't admit it to anyone, he loved his dog to bits. His dear Chichi... his pride and joy. He treated her stern and cold, the way he felt a dog SHOULD be handled... but he cared for her.
She was to be a champion, a great sleddog, even if it killed him. She had it in her, he KNEW it. And he was determined to get it out...
But he was getting older. Joshua, on the other hand, was a young musher.. in the prime of his life.
Greg had felt a little disgruntled to loan him his dog; by doing so, he was indirectly admitting that he was getting to old to train her for the serious work himself. But his ambition was greater then his desire to hide the obvious...
Chichi had to become one of the BEST... no matter how.

The day that silly dog had saved his life had been a blessed one. She had been wild... probably raised in the wild, or turned wild after running away from her previous masters. He didn't knew, and didn't care. She had a great temperament and had quickly adjusted to life with a master again, and he hadn't felt the need to see if he could find any previous owners. He had taken her to his home and made her his dog; bought a lisence, registered her... she was officially his. And if anyone ever doubted it, they would have to go through HIM to ever take her away.

The snow was up to his ankles and it was cold this morning. He shivered; he truly wás getting old, damnit....

He heard the barks of dogs in the distance already....

Chikara had been so happy that Joshua had appeared; she was even happier to get food.
But she had hardly taken a bite, when a scent caught her attention. She lifted her head; the bowl of food was instantly forgotten. The fact that her teammembers could very well steal her breakfast, was suddenly insignificant.

Could it be....??

In the distance, a figure approached. His thick coat made him look like a bear, but Chikara would have recognized him anywhere...

She let out a loud, stretched howl of joy, and began to run.

Gregory laughed; she had seen him already...

Chikara rushed up to her beloved master; everything else was instantly forgotten. She jumped up to him, whining with joy. HER MASTER was BACK... he hádn't abandoned her...!!!
Greg grabbed her mane in both hands and ruffled her fur.
- ''Hey there girl. Down now, down.''
Even though Greg's greeting was rather cold, she whimpered and cried and barked, unable to contain her happiness, but obeyed his command. She was glued to his leg as Greg made his way to Joshua, her eyes locked on him as she danced besides him, her tail wagging widely.

- ''Morning, Josh'.'' Gregory gave a nod. ''Gettin' aquainted with the mutts, I see?''

He turned his head to look at the dogs; most of them where already eating.
Caleb was defending his share with confidence; he eyed the other dogs, sometimes growled to tell them to keep a distance.
That was a dominant chap, from the looks of it....

But Greg frowned as he looked at Caleb better.

- ''Say... Josh...'' He stepped up closer, carefull not to come to close to the eating dog. ''Looks like your leaddog has a problem.''

He pointed down at the snow; several red spots proved Caleb was bleeding somewhere.

- ''Come on, boy... let me take a look at 'ya...'' Greg sat down on his haunches and pulled out some roasted meat from the pouch on his hip. ''Here, I bet you'll love this MUCH more then your breakfast...''

Chikara rushed forward, drooling at the scent of her favourite treat. But Greg gave a her a soft push; a clear message to wait and stay away.

She whimpered, and turned her ears back, but sat down and kept her distance. She watched Caleb look up, sniff at the inviting smell, and approach.
As he carefully took the meat from Greg's hand, Chikara felt a little jealous; he was getting her FAVOURITE treat, from HER master...

But Greg carefully lifted Caleb's front paw, inspecting the paw pads, as Caleb gnawed on the meat. Then, he inspected the other paw...

- ''Oh damn.'' Greg frowned. He stared at Caleb's pawpad; there was a deep cut in his paw.
Whilest injuries like that where nothing serious, it wasn't wise to train a new team with an injured leaddog. The dogs weren't even familiar with one another yet... and Caleb would probably get snappy if he was put to work with a sore paw. It would only cause unwanted, and UNNEEDED tention amongst the dogs.

This probably meant that Caleb would need some time to recover, before joining the team and taking his place amongst them... and thát meant Joshua would be one dog short....

Greg sighed. That was a bad start....

''This doesn't look too good. Joshua, come take a look.''
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 07-04-2010 03:31

Joshua chuckled, smiling as he saw that most of the dogs were already coming toward him with affection. He was glad he had been gaining their trust and their companionship, even if they hadn't had much of a day yet truthfully together, other than in the pen where he first met his team. He noticed though that John had not done the same as everyone else... Puzzled by this, Joshua left the other three to their food while he went over to the old timer, taking a bowl with him. "Hey boy." he smiled softly before giving a small pat to Joshua's head before putting the food down. "Bon appetit." he grinned before walking back to the other dogs.

Harmony had already finished her share, licking her lips before she almost wanted to plead for more food. She still hadn't truly adjusted to one time food limit, considering out in the wild the entire animals were your buffet. She smacked her lips again together before she started to groom herself down. She was already stoked and pumped for the first training day! Then, a scent came into her nostrils. A man... a much older man. Her ears perked and she looked up, noticing that chikara had already dashed off. That must have been her old master... He seemed nice.

Joshua looked up when Gregory had come forward. "Oh, Mr. Gregory sir." he smiled in respect. "Hello." he grinned. "Yes, they're awfully friendly." he nodded his head. When Gregory mentioned though about Caleb, Joshua tilted his head. He was about follow when suddenly, the telephone had rung inside. "I'll be right with you Mr. Gregory sir." he said as he went inside to see what it was about.

"Hello?"

"Mr. Samuel?"

"Ah! yes Good morning." he grinned.

"We've recieved your husky, she's in fine condition." the person on the other line said.

"Thanks!"

"We'll be by your place shortly.She's already loaded and the truck is on its way." the person said.

"Excellent! I'll be waiting." he smiled before hanging up the phone. At that time Greg had called to him, so Joshua immediately rushed outside to see what was going on. He saw red in the snow... not a good sign. Already he felt his stomach was queasy.

It seemed that Caleb had a nsty cut on his paw. "Ouch... That looks real bad." he frowned. He went inside to get the first aid kid, before gingerly holding Caleb's injured paw, wrapping a cloth around the wound after applying the medicine. "He won't be able to go out on the training run today.." he said softly. "Anik will be the one to lead." Joshua looked to Anik, who seemed to have finished his meal, licking his lips. "Anik!" Joshua called. As if on response, Anik had looked to him. "You'll be lead dog today." he smiled. "Do your best!"

((since Luma's out, i'll playanik for a while too since she's in.. uh.. somewhere lmao. so yea. just for now until she returns. ))
ImageImage

Leo
Beta

Post by Leo » 09-04-2010 23:59

im really sorry guys i will defantly replie tomarrow for sure, im just megger tired at the moment and i cant get my head in place lol :P )
Leo
Beta

Post by Leo » 12-04-2010 23:57

When josh came to him even thow he didnt respect the human he was still polite as he had been trained, he back away and sat down, waited till he had put the bowl down and patted his on the head before going to his food. He was happy to be fed, always a good feeling a full stomic. After john finished he watch what was going on around him closely, he wanted to see how this huamn behaved and moved.

but it wasnt long until his attion was moved to a new human scent, one he didnt recornised but it seemed to put chik on eage a little, then when the other much older human appered she went mad with happyness.
"this must be the master she spoke about", he thought.

He was much older then the other human, and stritaway it hit a cord with john as he was old him slef, he watched as chik bonded up at him then he told her to get down. it was nice to see such a bond with master and dog. one that John hadent seen a lot.

He then watched as the spoke and the older human seemed to look at caleb with a exsprion of worry, john followed his gazse and spotted the blood, john frowned. this wasnt going well, how the hell had he done that?
He also watch as chik was with held her favret treat, it made him chuckle. she ovesly loved that treat and didnt blame her for whining that caleb was getting it first, but it was funny to see her acting like that with a human, he smiled warmly at her before streching again, and feeling a little inpashent he wanted to get going, he was defantly not getting any younger. thanks to his hard life he had very little simpathe for injurys of the mild sort so it didnt change the fact he wanted to go.
Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 15-04-2010 00:06

It seemed that Caleb had a nsty cut on his paw. "Ouch... That looks real bad." he frowned. He went inside to get the first aid kid, before gingerly holding Caleb's injured paw, wrapping a cloth around the wound after applying the medicine. "He won't be able to go out on the training run today.." he said softly. "Anik will be the one to lead." Joshua looked to Anik, who seemed to have finished his meal, licking his lips. "Anik!" Joshua called. As if on response, Anik had looked to him. "You'll be lead dog today." he smiled. "Do your best!"
Greg got up. ''Sounds like a plan... Shall I take this one back home with me, when I go?'' He asked, patting Caleb on the head. ''He'll get a chance to rest that paw there. I'll return him to you as soon as he's healed.''
He didn't have to look down to know that both Caleb and Chichi where staring at the pouch; they knew there was more roasted meat inside of there.

Greg snickered. ''Are you going to run 'em now? I'd love to see, if you don't mind.''

Chikara whimpered softly; her tail wagged behind her. She wanted to get some more attention from master... but it seemed something was about to happen, too. It was so exciting...
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 26-04-2010 02:50

"Are you going to run 'em now? I'd love to see, if you don't mind."

The sound of Gregory's voice made Joshua get out of his own little transe before he nodded and stood. "Right then. That would be very kind of you Mr. Gregory sir." Joshua smiled. "I'm sure you'll treat him well." he chuckled. "Just don't spoil him now, all right?" he mentioned. Then again, joshua knew fully well that Gregory would never spoil a lap dog. Especially one like Caleb. With his hands on his hips, he moved his fingers to his mouth and let out a soft whistle to get his dog's attention.

"All right crew!" he spoke. "C'mon, let's get all of you settled in." he said as he went over to the sled outside of the ring. He took up the reins and waited for his dogs to come forward. Harmony had already dashed over. She was very prepared and waiting, excited to go for a good round of running. Whatever training was in store, Harmony wanted in. Joshua, surprised by the sudden outburst, let her settle into her harness with ease. Harmony didn't really like the weight change, although small, but did realize that she would get used to it very quickly. Turning around, she waited for her teammates to come over.

Anik, who from the start was much more happier it seemed to be lead dog, bounded over too. Joshua got him into the harness, and Anik seemed to feel a bit of pressure lift lightly. They were going to take orders from him! This would be great! His tail was wagging with anticipation. Joshua, having known that Harmony and Anik were ready, stood up before he whistled again, waiting for Chikara and John to come. "Chikara, John, let's go!" he called, standing halfway from the pen to the sled.

First day of training... Joshua was tingling with excitement and nervousness. Gosh, it would be extreme.
ImageImage

Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 29-04-2010 12:38

Soft nudge for either Leo or the new teammember. :happy: