Before Things Changed (prp w/ Minacoal)

The icey tundras of Baridi are the perfect place for the creatures adapted to the freezing cold.

Post by Guest » 21-03-2009 23:01

Kumori looked down at the ice in front of her paws like it would open up and bite her leg off as soon as it touched the surface. Hesitantly she slid one paw about half way onto the slick surface. She tried her weight on it. When it showed no sign of either jumping up to eat her or just opening up to swallow her whole, she slid the rest of the paw on. It wasn't as bad as she'd thought... still cold though of course.

She eased herself completely onto the ice. Before she went any farther she took another look back at the gathering of human dwellings. Nothing that hadn't been there before. Returning her focus closer, she breifly searched for the nearest opening in the ice to show the water beneath. Her eyes sought Kami's to see if she would have any tips for reaching her destination without falling or worse, falling in.
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 23-03-2009 21:32

Kami chuckled a bit, watching Kumori's hesitant looks. "Look, just stay balanced and confident. As long as you got those two things, you'll be fine!" she mentioned. "You're halfway there, Kumori." kami cheered on. "Use your claws to have a firm hold, if you're still uncertain." she chuckled then. "honestly though you won't fall! Not while I'm around I promise!" her tail wagged then. She was only about a few feet away from where Kumori wobbly stood.
ImageImage

Post by Guest » 30-03-2009 05:49

"The balance is what I've been worried about." Kumori half muttered mostly to herself in a whine. Ice was not her friend. She tried her best to dig her claws into the surface that was still light in the darkness that surrounded them. It didn't seem to work very well and she suddenly decided that she envied the retractable claws of felines. Her eyes flashed back to the village quickly before she started to move at a snail's pace toward her destination. Too bad it seemed more like five miles than five feet. She inched forward a bit before taking an almost normal step. After figuring it wasn't so bad, she continued at a creeping walk until she finally made it. Thank goodness!

Kumori all but sank to the ice in releif, letting out a heavy sigh at the edge of the opening in the frozen ground. Glancing at Kami, she wagged her tail and gave a panting smile. She looked back yet again to see if they had been spotted, nothing moved. Finally returning her attention to the water, she let herhead down to drink. She shivered at it's coldness as the water iced it's way down her throat and into her belly. It was a welcome clod this time.
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 05-04-2009 19:15

Kami found all of this quite humorous. She couldn't help but give out small chuckles and giggles as she watched Kumori walk on.. as carefully as she could. Hesitant though, Kumori had seemed. And Kami, while on lookout kept glancing back and forth before finally seeing Kumori win and get a few laps of water. Tail padding against the ground happily as Kumori drank, Kami said, "That was great Kumori! I have to tell ya, when it was my first try on the ice, I had as much difficulty as ya! So no worries, now all you'll need to do is get off." Kami winked a bit.

The peace though seemed not to last... Faint padding of pawsteps were barely audible, until a voice cleared itself and someone spoke. "Kami.. who's your friend?"

Kami's eyes suddenly dashed to who it was, and in a moment she realized that they were indeed... BUSTED. In front of them was a gray husky with dark, dark, marroon around his back. His eyes were a golden colore while his chest was white. Around his ears were black tips, and the same went for his tail. He had an eyebrow raised. He looked a bit older than the both of them.

"Oh..Uh.. Shen." Kami gave a small chuckle, nervous. She then looked to Kumori. "You don't need to be fearful, Kumori." Kami mentioned. "Shen, this is my friend, Kumori." Kami said. "Kumori.. I'd like you to meet my older brother, Shen..."
ImageImage

Post by Guest » 06-04-2009 06:14

Kumori looked up from her water hole unhappily at the thought of having to return to the safety of the snowbanks from her icy spot on the frozen water. Grea~t. This little trip just kept getting better and better. Meh, at least she had water in her system now. That made it worth the creep and crawl across the ice at least.

The she-wolf blanched at the sound of an unfamiliar male voice. Caught. They were caught. Crap! And she was little more than helpless, stuck where she was. But they had called Kami by name so she doubted they would harm her... at least until they were done with herself.

The male was a husky by the curl of his tail. A good sized fella, deffinately older than herself and her companion. When Kami started babbeling she knew they were in deep $*%#. 'Yeah, tell me not to worry while you repeat my name every sentance like I'm freekin' brain dead.' she thought also realizing that the other dog, Shen, had come upon them while Kami was supposed to have been the lookout. No time to really dwell on that at the moment though. ...brother? That either! Great, what now?

"Uhh, how's it goin'?" she tried in a completely usless and retarded attempt.
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 08-04-2009 22:27

"Uhh... how's it going?"

Shen rose a brow for a moment, before he walked over to her for a moment. "you're.. not a dog, are you?" he asked softly. "You're a wolf." he confirmed, and Shen had a small smile cross his lips. "I suppose if you're a wolf.. then you're around here?" Shen asked. "If so, do you know our father?" Shen asked. Kami gave a small smile. "Don't worry, Kumori. If you're scared of my brother, don't be. Shen can keep a secret, now that he knows." Kami giggled a bit.
ImageImage

Post by Guest » 12-04-2009 22:07

Kumori's hackles raised as the larger husky came closer to her. Being completely unable to defend herself on the ice was deffinately not a comforting feeling. "Nope." she answered to his first question, "I'm just passing through, probably be gone in the morning. Haven't run into any other wolves around here yet." 'He shouldn't know.' she thought unhappily but changed nothing of her apperance. She did shuffle her paws a bit though, wanting back on completely solid ground.
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 15-04-2009 02:03

"Ah.. I see.." Shen said, he sounded slightly disappointed with her answer. But hey, it was one out of a few so maybe she herself wouldn't know anyways. "You look like you're having some trouble on the ice. Perhaps Kami should have brought you to the safer area of drinking water." he gave a glance to his younger sister who in turn gave a sheepish smile. "That would've taken longer. But I see your point. sorry, Kumori." Kami apologized.

Shen then turned back to the wolf saying, "If you ever head up to the mountains, I'm sure you shall meet our father, if you plan on it anyways. Haven't seen any wolf around here in a while now" he added then.
ImageImage

Post by Guest » 02-05-2009 16:31

'Safer? Hell yeah! Why hadn't she done that?' Kumori wondered as she started inching her way back to the snow covered bank. 'At least we could have made a stand or even run for it.' Anything was better than ice to her... except death of course. She made it to her destination much quicker than she had expected and way faster than it took her to get to the water in the first place. She was quite proud of herself for this small achievement and shook and stretched herself in relief. She nodded to Kami accepting her different reasoning.

Again Kumori nodded, this time to Shen, although it was more of a vauge 'I hear you' sort of responce rather than an answer of any kind. She would head that way eventually seeking that which was lost to her.