Before Things Changed (prp w/ Minacoal)

The icey tundras of Baridi are the perfect place for the creatures adapted to the freezing cold.

Post by Guest » 15-03-2009 05:20

Kumori sat close to one of the cave's side walls as she listened. 'Shoreline, alright.' She had a basic idea of where it was now, as she had been to an earlier part of the shoreline. "Ugh, ice." she muttered unhappily. She had had a run in with ice once before and had been avoiding it like the plauge ever since.

Kumori had been about to agree about the sunset but jumped up in alarm when Kami went into a panic. Her heart smashed against her ribs as the adreniline coursed through her. All four legs were spread apart for maximum balance, fur standing on end in antisipation as her eyes scanned the cave for any sign of danger. She calmed a little as Kami explained the outburst. That didn't quell her adreniline much though, it just changed from battle ready to angry. "Alright, hurry and go then but my goodness! You scared the crap outta me!" she shouted after the husky mix, about ready to knock her out for nearly making her heart burst from her chest.

After finally getting back to normal not long after her new guide left, Kumori decided to check out the rest of the cave.
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 15-03-2009 23:53

As Kami ran, she felt a bit bad for scaring Kumori. She'd make sure to apologize when meeting later on... Arriving, she saw her siblings give her small stares. "You almost missed it sis, where were you?" Kiba, her younger brother asked. "I was out..." she said sheepishly. "I lost track of time, sorry!" Her other siblings dismissed it, and when the sun set, they all went home...

A few hours passed.. and the night rolled on.. already a bright moon in the sky as the snow lay across the grounds... the sky was spotless; no clouds rolled as the stars could be seen across the horizon.

Paws beat against the snow below, and Kami made her way across the border as she arrived past the forest, and to the base of the Mountains... She found the den easily, before poking her head in.

"Psssttttt... Kumori?" she asked. "PSSSTTT!" she added a bit louder then. "Are you in here? If you're ready to get goin' lets go!" she said then, tail wagging as she walked inside the darkened den.
ImageImage

Post by Guest » 16-03-2009 00:24

Kumori spent most of her alone hours exploring in and around her temporary den. It wasn't the biggest cave she had been in by far but it was a good size. It had about five caverns and didn't go very deep into the earth. There were a few loose rocks ranging in size, most of which were close to the walls and stalagmites and stalagtites poked out of the floor and ceiling. Over all it was fairly bland. When she was done there, she headed for the opening of the cave to check the sun's progress. It was just out of sight of the horizon from what she could tell. The moon was fairly low.

She wondered how far the human dwellings were from where she stood, paws just out of reach of the snow that even in the dark could glitter from only the lazy rays of the moon. It was pretty but she still didn't like it. Still she plodded into it to take in the surrounding area. When she came back it was quite dark and she stilled like one of the mountian boulders when she heard the crunch of snow coming from feet other than her own. It was coming toward the cave, the entrance to which was only a few yards in front of her to her right.

She let the intruder walk to the entrance of the cave unchalanged. At the sound of Kami's voice she fell calmer immediately. "I'm out here." she called softly both to keep from scaring the wolfdog and to make sure she was the only one that would hear. Attracting bears was not a smart thing to do by any account.
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 16-03-2009 00:35

"I'm out here."

Kami's eyes almost bulged out of her head when she heard something from the outside. Turning around, she saw Kumori stand there. "Oh! There you are!" Kami said with a soft chuckle as she walked outside. "What were you doin' out? I thought you woulda stayed in for a while till I came." she mentioned before shrugging her shoulders.

"Doesn't really matter now, but just for some water. C'mon, I'll show you the real easy way to get there without drawing attention." she winked, before Kami took off, slowly at first before waiting for Kumori to catch up. She couldn't wait! She normally didn't venture outside really... Sleeping with her siblings in the pen and all.. but she knew how to leave so easily! She loved her freedom.. and at the same time the security she always felt around there. Meeting Kumori was the greatest thing that ever happened to Kami, so far that was away from her home.

Maybe she could work this out.. in the end. Hopefully. Besides, she had her siblings, father, mother, and humans to deal with if this was ever found out! But hey, Kami was a good trickster. She would be able to manage.
ImageImage

Post by Guest » 16-03-2009 04:30

Kumori's tail wagged as Kami came back toward her. "Making sure I know a little of the terrain, just in case." she replied anyway. She was more than ready to go. She hadn't had water since the begining of the day before. 'Avoiding attention, always good.' she thought before she saw Kami take off. She sprang after her, gaining quite a bit of ground with her long legs. It still took her a minute to catch up but not long.

The night was quiet, save the sounds of their paws crunching through the white semi-frozen coating over the ground. It was a little eiree considering anyone out there would know their location but then again it made it safer too. If others could hear them, they could surely hear anyone who would attack... unless they jumped down from a tree or large rock. Kumori told her brain to shut up since it was only making things worse.
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 19-03-2009 01:45

good grief! i'm so sorry for the late reply mina! )

As the two had run for a few miles, Kami said, "We'll be approaching there shortly. You'll be safe if you're with me so stick close!" she commented as she softly called back. She had her eyes set on where they would go.. She couldn't screw this up, that was for certain!

When they'd come even closer to the little town, Kumori could see that only small lit lanterns were on while sleeping noises could be heard. The hushed town could have any sound picked up and not realize it. Slowing her pace, Kami said, "This way.. and we'd better hurry. Your scent might give away." she commented. She didn't want to sound rude or anything, but that was true. Scent to the dogs would instantly realize an outsider among. They weren't mean of course, they were friendly. But still, Kami figured that Kumori wouldn't want that pressure on her.
ImageImage

Post by Guest » 19-03-2009 18:59

lol It's ok)

Kumori nodded and brought up her pace until she was at Kami's shoulder. She noted that the small town was fairly dark, which would be to their advantage. The wind however was against them, blowing toward the village and Kumori nodded again when her guide brought it up. She staied at her shoulder, adjusting her pace. The scent of a wolf would deffinately cause a stir if anyone were to catch it. She had no intention of having the inhabitants decide to come find her of the two legged or four legged variety. She looked from the human dwellings, in front of them. She could see the water now. Her tail jerked a wag just once. There was still a chance they could be found out so she didn't let herself be drawn into a false sence of security.
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 19-03-2009 23:19

It took a few more pawsteps until they'd finally reached the shoreline. Already the waves calmly brew, fading in and out on the snowlike sand. Before them were a few glacier like steps. Kami took a pawstep on one, patting it softly before getting on. "It's safe!" she commented with a chuckle, as she went to the edge before bending her head down and lapping up some water.

Ah.. there was nothing like cold, fresh, arctic water.. "C'mon, Kumori. It's really freshening!" she commented as she lapped up a few more then. She then started to skip from glacier step to glacier step, checking out all of them. They all seemed sturdy.. thank goodness..
ImageImage

Post by Guest » 20-03-2009 03:05

Kumori watched the village as Kami drank, keeping herself aleart for any sign of movement. She wasn't about to let anyone sneak up on them. She looked over at her companion when she talked and when she saw her, she tilted her head thinking she must be nuts! Safe?! Looked like a death trap to her. She peered back toward the town.

Looking back at Kami when she invited her to drink, she thought about it. She was thirsty but there was no way she was letting her guard down. She looked to the human territory and back and thought her guide had a death wish. What the heck was she doing?! Snow was bad but ice was dangerous! Her ears went back in consern.
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 21-03-2009 21:53

Kami waited for Kumori to join her with drinking some water, but then wondered why Kumori gave her the most bewhildered look ever. Laughing, Kami said, "Hey don't be scared! I know that it looks scary but its safe trust me! I've done it all the time!" she mentioned. "Plus, it's where the water is. As long as you're with me, you're safe. I promise." she added.

"I know all of the weak and strong spots. Just follow me and you'll be able to get your refreshment followed by a good walk on water!" she punned as she took another step, waiting for Kumori to join. "It's not as bad, really." she added with a reassuring look. "Trust me."
ImageImage