Before Things Changed (prp w/ Minacoal)

The icey tundras of Baridi are the perfect place for the creatures adapted to the freezing cold.
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 11-03-2009 22:49

Kami was suprised. "And.. no one knew where he went?" she asked. She figured if they at least saw him... They said that they 'couldn't'. Did that mean they just didn't want to? Kami gave a small frown. "If you'd like, I could go to the village and ask them if they know of a wolf with that name." she told Kumori. "We normally find ourselves sometimes greeted with wolves, but not a lot. Our village doesn't find any difference compared to wolves or dogs. All are mostly treated the same; unless they try to attack us though." she added then.

She watched Kumori glance around before speaking, "I know of where you can get a cave. But it's a bit away from here. Want to follow?" she asked, before walking past Kumori then and trailing into the whitened forest.
ImageImage

Post by Guest » 12-03-2009 04:52

'Didn't I just say that?' Kumori thought impatiently at Kami's first question. She was always agitated when it came to her quest, especially when she was expected to tell her life's story every time she met someone. The offer following the question caught her a bit off guard and she scilently amended herself for being so angry. "That would be very helpful." she said with a wag of her tail. She felt quite idiotic for accepting but her quest came before her pride.

"I don't mind a hike." Kumori assured her before following. A cave would be sheltered and didn't require the effort or energy of digging. She needed to conserve as much as she could of both.
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 12-03-2009 22:36

Smiling, Kami said, "All right then! Let's get a move on," and with that Kami started to lead. At first, she actually had such burst of speed that she dashed off with nothing but a gray blur being left behind. But realizing that maybe it was a bit too fast, she stopped before toppling over in the snow. Bum up and head dug deep she came out before saying, "You can keep up right?" she commented. "I'm a wolf dog sure, and you're a wolf so I bet you could! But I'm real fast," she added. "I don't want to make you out of breath." she chuckeld softly as her tail wagged when she'd shook off the snow that had been on her snout.

"After all, I am the reigning champ of the sled's dog team! Number one baby!" she laughed before waiting for Kumori then to reply; and to catch up if she was a bit behind.
ImageImage

Post by Guest » 13-03-2009 01:42

Kami's busrt of speed suprised Kumori. She wondered why, if they were just going to a cave, they were racing there? She picked up her own pace to follow and found herself ever so slowly loosing ground to the sled puller. She barely had to worry about crashing into the other canine after she ended up face first in the snow. As it was she only had to go a little to one side as she came to a stop.

After seeing her companion get up and start talking a mile a minute she figured that she had not injured herself during her tumble and decided to forego inquiring as to wether she had. "I can manage as long as it's not too far." she responded. Since she was sure Kami would volentarily give her an estament on how far it was, she didn't bother to ask. Her long legs had always been perfect for speed but her sleek body held little in the way of endurance to match it.
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 13-03-2009 02:17

Kami gave a small grin. "Oh, it's not.. that far." she commented. "It's actually right by the entrance to the mountain path." she told Kumori then as she started up once more. "Sorry about the sudden... run." she added. "I kind of, lose myself when I run." she said sheepishly then. "Also, while you're in the cave by the mountainpath... just be cautious." she said.

"The polar bears live above.. they normally dont' come down so you should be all right." She told Kumori as they walked. "And then the wolves are up there too." she mentioned. "That's where my papa is." she added. She grinned as her tail wagged.
ImageImage

Post by Guest » 13-03-2009 02:43

She looked in the direction they had been heading. She could see the base of the mountians or at least she thought she could and decided it wouldn't be too far for a run. She nodded at Kami's comment about how running affected her. It made sence considering what she did as a hobby. At the warning her face shifted to a look that just said 'oh joy~' in the most sarcastic way possible. "Lions and tigers and bears, oh great!" Kumori mumbled under her breath as a sarcastic joke. She wasn't overly worried about the wolves, in fact she hoped to run into al least one so she had the chance to ask about her brother. She nodded again in resopnse to the personal information and wondered if they might run into him on purpose so sire and offspring could visit with one another.
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 13-03-2009 22:35

Kami didn't actually get the joke, so she just tilted her head in confusion saying, "There aren't any lions or tigers here.. just polar bears." before giving a chuckle. "You're a queer one!" she teased lightly as they went about. A few minutes later, they'd arrived at the cave. It was cold, but dry. "Here we are," she mentioned. At least the cave would be better than sleeping in the snow.. "The elk and hares will probably be about toward afternoon.. right now it's still a bit frosty for them." she told Kumori. "Is there anything I can do for you?" she asked then, smiling as she waited for a response.
ImageImage

Post by Guest » 14-03-2009 02:30

Kumori's ears dipped down as she realized that Kami had heard her. The cave loomed just ahead and she was so absorbed in checking it out that she missed Kami's comment. It was a good size and the opening was out of the way of the wind. She nodded in agreement about the snow. This was much better. 'Elk? Now that would be a meal.' she thought and stored the time in her mind for the next day. "Is there a place to find water around here?" she asked when Kami offered more help.
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 14-03-2009 02:48

"Is there a place to find water around here?"

"Hm.." Kami thought. "Well, there is the ocean... but,.." she paused. "The only one I know is the one that is right across from our village," she said hesitantly, ears a bit bent slightly. She knew that Kumori couldn't really go without water. Although.. maybe the snow would suffice? Still, snow on the ground was kind of dirty.. fresh water from a fresh ocean was better. "If you'd like.. you could sneak over during the night. We don't have guard duty.. but I could keep a good look out for ya." she commented, giving at least a good option.
ImageImage

Post by Guest » 14-03-2009 03:04

"So long as it's not three feet from the place I should be alright." Kumori said, happy to know there at least was a place she could get a drink. No guards was good but a look out was even better, even if there was nothing that should bother her." The back up would be much appreciated." she said with a small wag of her tail. She looked back out the entrance of the cave to guage the time. The sun was just starting to really set. It looked amazing over the snow covered landscape.