Before Things Changed (prp w/ Minacoal)

The icey tundras of Baridi are the perfect place for the creatures adapted to the freezing cold.
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Before Things Changed (prp w/ Minacoal)

Post by SilverWolf92 » 08-03-2009 21:38

The season was fall. But you could never tell that was what it would be, considering that the frozen area was always covered in snow. Even if the sun would rise, snow would lightly fall during the night. In the quiet town of the barren tundra lay a few dogs that had their gettogethers. They were always quite friendly, and competing. Racing was a huge thing in the own, one of the main events! A racing team that consisted of nothing but family were the reigning champions, and already a husky was cheering for their victory. She was young, at least coming close to the age of adulthood; still a bit in the adolesance stage.

She wore a bright silver bell over her, plus a gold medal of her very first race when she was in the back of the line. Her father, always proud stood tall in the front. It followed her oldest brother, and her siblings then. Even if she was one of the eldest children, she sometiems enjoyed the back rather than the front.

Although, a curious soul, she would always wander. On this particular day, she'd wandered so far from her family that not even the bell she wore around her neck could be heard. Exploring the forest that was covered in white, she looked around before wondering what she could find here. It was so beautiful during all the seasons.. even if there wasn't really much changes. And right now, she loved life; she enjoyed it the way it was. Free, with her family, on a team.. This was the life for her.
ImageImage

Post by Guest » 08-03-2009 22:09

Cold, cold and white. Those were the only two words that could describe this place so far away from home. Not that home was particularly pleasant. Even the bark of the trees were white here. Such a strange place, this tundra. The woods looked half dead next to the forests everywhere else. A gray and brown she-wolf stuck out like a sore thumb in this terrain. Heck, anything that wasn't white stuck out. The purple bracelet on her right foreleg didn't help matters at all.

She shook a raised paw, still unused to the numbing wetness of snow. For all the stories she'd heard of the stuff, this was not what she had expected at all. The worst part of it by far though was the constant blinding glare every time she looked up. Would there really be any reason for her to search here? There certianly wasn't any reason she could find to come here of her own free will except to try to end her search.
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 08-03-2009 22:23

White sure was the only way to describe the area. But something silver and black seemed to stick out like a sore thumb a few miles away. And a light ringing could be heard throughout the forest, and the panting of a tongue as the being ran and ran. Tail curled in the air, the silver and black husky dashed across the landscape. suprised though, like she thought she was seeing something brown and grey ahead made her stop in her tracks. Tilting her head slightly, she gave a few barks of friendliness, before waiting for a response.

whoever it was, the figure looked rather.. not happy. It kind of suprised the husky, considering she felt so happy out here; away from home. She let out another bark before she started coming foward. It was time to either welcome this new stranger, or walk over to a mirage she was seeing because everything was just a white, light, landscape..
ImageImage

Post by Guest » 08-03-2009 22:42

The wandering wolf's gray ears twitched as the sounds of running, panting, and ringing sounded simotaniously in the distance. Ringing? Well, whatever it was, whoever it was, was heading in her direction. Great, with her luck it would be something that would want to freekin' eat her. Her ears shifted back in responce to the unhappy idea.

By the time she could tell that it was another wolf... or dog, her ears were up again waiting for some kind of sign as to the mood the other happened to be in. The call of greeting calmed her a little but only a little. Sociality was not something she was particularly fond of although it was certianly preferable to being eaten. The wolf didn't snap out of her reviree until the approaching canine let out another bark, closer than before. She supposed they were close enough by now to see her fairly clearly so she wagged her tail a bit and huffed a greeting instead of sending a loud return call. Loud noises in this place seemed somehow unnatural.
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 08-03-2009 22:57

The husky was welcomed with a light huff and a tail wag. Signalling to her it was an okay to go over, the husky approached the grey and brown wolf. "What brings you all the way out here stranger?" the husky asked with a smile, her blue eyes bright while her tail behind her wagged. She instantly started to talk, already introducing herself. "My name is KamiKaze, Kami for short. And you are?" she asked with a grin.

Her paws were wrapped with bandages, while her bell and medal seemed to shine now. She shook her fur for a moment before saying, "I don't think I've ever seen newcomers before. You must be really new to be here." she commented. "In any case, why don't you and I walk back to the town! I'm sure they'd like to see a new visitor." she mentioned. It was obvious Kami didn't realize she was talking to a wolf, a purebred wolf. Kami knew of her history, she was half wolf half dog thanks to her wolven father.. somewhere out there in the mountains by now... Pushing tha thought to the side, she gave a polite smile to the stranger in front of her before waiting for a response.
ImageImage

Post by Guest » 08-03-2009 23:20

Mixedblood, female, the smell of the approaching canine told the wolf. Not that it mattered much to her except maybe to pique a bit of interest. She shifted silghtly into a stance meant more for staying where she was for awhile than trapsing through the unknown. Her ears flicked at the sound of the questioning. Before she could even answer the wolfdog had started talking again. She waited until it was apparent that an answer was expected before saying, "I'm Kumori." She purposely left out why she had come.

Her feet were getting wet again as her bodyheat melted the snow around them and she wanted to shake them but fought the urge back. "I just entered the snow about a week ago." she answered. Her hackles raised at the mention of a human territory even being close by. "No humans." she refuesed flatly. Why hadn't she recognised their sent earlier? She shook her nose as if it would fix the problem.
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 08-03-2009 23:32

"Pleased to meet you Kumori!" Kami mentioned with a smile then. Her tail wagged. A new friend would be with her today! It sounded so exciting! But suddenly, the excitement began to leave. It seemed her new friend wasn't so pleased about coming back to the town with her... She respected Kumori's decision though, she probably had a good reason after all.

"Oh.." she said softly. "Well, you don't have to come then. But, can I keep you some company perhaps before I have to go home?" she asked with a smile then. "It'll be fun! I bet!" she added with a grin.
ImageImage

Post by Guest » 08-03-2009 23:50

Kumori watched her new aquantice's mood wilt at her refussal unaffected. There was only one reason she would go anywhere near one of those evil places and it certianly wasn't to make a complete stranger happy. She got points for not forcing the point though.

"Do as you please." Kumori replied to the wolfdog's query in a mostly impassive tone. She was trying not to sound mean but she was sure the words had come out badly and hoped her tone would fix it... or at least make it not sound quite as bad. Social things just never seemed to work in her favor. Now where was a nice sized rock to bash her stupid head into?
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 09-03-2009 01:53

Kami gave a small smile. "all right then, I shall!" she said, wagging her tail. "Although I have to say, even if you've been travelling a bit, you don't look like a winter person hm?" she mentioned with a swish of her tail. "Are you not from this area? You must've come from a warmer area!" she mentioned then with a successful grin on her maw. "Was it nice there?" she asked with a smile. She enjoyed making light chatting, it was amusnig at least and you got to know a person!

Idly, she stared at her medal for a moment before she softly gave a small pawtap to her bell; it made a nice, clear sound before she lay in the snow and got some on her muzzle. Shaking it off she gave a grin saying, "Me, I'mma winter person. I'm very adaptable to cold climates!" she mentioned proudly.
ImageImage

Post by Guest » 09-03-2009 02:14

Kumori shivered a little from the cold that was building at her feet. Her ears perked up as Kami started another set of questions and comments. This one was deffinately a talker. Probably a good balance to her own quieter tendancies. It also meant she didn't have to talk as much. "Winter was fine until I got here altho I was under the impression it was still Autumn. We don't have snow where I come from. It gets cool but not like this." she said wrinkling her nose.

Kumori watched her companion ring the bell hanging around her neck. It gave off a pleasant sound, the ringing she had heard as Kami had come within hearing distance. "I see that." she said with a slightly amused look.