Silence in the Forest

The impressive tropical rainforest of Hekaya, with its amazing waterfalls. Chelewa offers many sheltered places to hide and enough water to live there all year round.

Silence in the Forest

Post by Guest » 29-05-2009 22:48

Rak padded though the underbrush of the forest and cast her head to left and right. Her ears perked at a sound of rustling in the brush but it was only a bird. The blue-black wolf came to a small stream that created an easier path though the rain forest, splashing along the stream Rak though back to her reasons for leaving her birth pack.

The main one was her brother's death, and her near muteness. Sure she could speak but it was a soft whisper that could barely carry over to a wolf ten feet away. And howling was out of the question. Suddenly the foliage opened up to show a small water fall clearing. There seemed to be a lot of waterfalls in this rain forest.

"Great time for a bath," she whispered as she waded into the water and laid down in the clear, cool pool. The water felt good against the two parallel scars on the right side of her throat.
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 30-05-2009 21:19

hope u don't mind i join u? )

The forest was already beginning to show signs of life as the sun before it rose high into the sky. The birds chirped, and life was slowly awakening from the evening slumber. A wolf of tan and brown colors padded through the brush, blue eyes searching for something. He seemed to be on a trail, a trail that he couldn't quite put his paw on it. As he continued to walk along the pathway, his eyes stayed on the ground. After reuniting with his mother, and his newly found brother, the three had become separated. Hoping, Tei, the tanned colored wolf prayed to the great Okami that his family was out there, together. He would hate to find them all separated, alone..

Sighing, something perked his ears as he could hear the calm running of a stream nearby. Following the source of flowing water, he came upon the stream. Smiling at the source of water, he took a few laps from the water's edge. It wasn't until later when he'd heard a soft splashing noise. Glancing up, he took a few more pawsteps foward. The little stream began to expand as he went, and through a few bushes did he see a waterfall flow down into the small lake. Smiling, he could hardly believe mother nature was this giving. Ears perked though when a muffled whisper could be heard. Turning to the side, Tei appeared to have stumbled on a femme taking a small bath in this lake. He blinked for a moment, before he sat where he was.

She was a blackish blue wolf, and looked fairly young. What intrigued him though was the wounds that stayed acros the right side of her throat. It seemed this femme had been through a good battle to acquire scars like those.. Unlike himself, pawless on his backleg due to a careless mistake he ran into the forest a while ago..
ImageImage

Post by Guest » 01-06-2009 01:13

Hearing a noise, Rak looked up seeing a tan and brown wolf sitting next to the small waterfall pool. Quickly exiting the water, she trained her lavender eyes on the stranger, not quite sure of his purpose. Her eyes strayed down to one of his hind legs which was missing the paw. She twitched an ear and brought her attention back to the wolf's face. She moved slightly closer.

"Who are you?" she asked, her voice barely above a rasping whisper.
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 01-06-2009 03:06

The tan and brown wolf stared at her for the longest time, as if taking in her looks as well as her actions. She seemed a bit suprised that he'd suddenly appeared (at least, that is what he thought), and as she examined him, he examined her. A nice coat, as black as night. Her scars still intrigued him though. How did she acquire them? He would like to hear the story the marks had behind them..

His chest heaved a bit as he then stood broadly. She asked something in a mere whisper he could barely hear, but with making use of a perked ear he took in a breath. "My name is Tei." he said. "May I ask for your name, my friend?" he added then.
ImageImage

Post by Guest » 01-06-2009 04:36

Tei. Interesting name.

"my name is Rakata, Rak is what I am normally called." Seeing Tei eying her throat scars, she added, "I was attacked by a Lynx a little over a year ago."

She sat down and returned the tan wolf's gase.
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 01-06-2009 22:18

"I was attacked by a lynx a little over a year ago."

Tei nodded. "Ah, I see." he commented. "It must have been a brave fight." he added then. He smiled saying, "Rak, was it? I'm very pleased to meet you." he bowed. "What are you doing out here may I ask?" he said with a small, curious smile then.
ImageImage

Post by Guest » 02-06-2009 21:49

Rak thought about the tan wolf's question for a bit. Why was she here? Besides trying to escape from her brother's memories?

"Good question," she said with a smile, "I guess I'm just wandering."
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 03-06-2009 00:04

"Good question. I guess I'm just wandering."

Tei chuckled. "Aren't we all," he commented as he sat on his rump. Looking to the water, he then glanced back at her. "I hope this isn't a bad question to ask you," he started. He needed to continue his search.. "But have you seen a female with my colors, and a white, blue, and green colored male travelling with her? I suddenly got separated from my family.. and I was hoping if any other has seen them." he told her.

He hoped to recieve a good answer, but he knew that it would be slim. But hey, the chances of her seeing his family was something he could only hope. With his hopes set high, maybe that in itself would give a good sign.
ImageImage

Post by Guest » 04-06-2009 21:29

Rak's brows furrowed as she thought deeply. Casting though her memory for any memory of the two wolves in question.

"I think I saw them," she finally said, "It was a glimpse though the trees but, I remember the odd coloring of one of them." Then after a moments pause she added, "It was about two days ago back east of here. If you can follow my scent trail you might be able to get to that area."

The speech was long for her and Rak could feel the grating in her throat.
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 09-06-2009 19:13

i apologize for the late reply :( )))

Tei's ears rose when he heard her say she saw them! His heart began to throb between his chest as his tail behind him gave a small twitch of life. But it was slightly taken aback, especially when she mentioned it had been at least two days since she'd seen them. Well, it would be a rough start, but of course he'd somehow catch up... right?

Smiling, he walked over to Rak's way before he bowed politely. "Thank you, Rak." he mentioned. He glanced a bit from side to side though, before he asked the apparent 'unthinkable'. "If you don't mind though, I would like for you to join me?" he asked. "Unless you have something else to do of course." he added then.
ImageImage