Nakisha's activity check topic. (LOL)

Come and chat here, have fun!! :D
You can also introduce yourself in the special topic!
Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 24-04-2012 20:18

Alrighty, in that case LitM goes into the priority list and will be the first Rp to be replied to. :happy: YAY!

Unfortunately girls, I might be a little slow the coming days... I'm sick. :(
~When darkness comes, you know I'm never far~
K.A.T
Beta

Post by K.A.T » 24-04-2012 20:28

Take your time, get well soon and come back to us all better and ready to get rolling! :D :D
Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 24-04-2012 20:36

Yep... probably no replies today. :(
Gonna log off now and take a hot shower.
toki333
Warrior

Post by toki333 » 24-04-2012 20:48

Don't worry about it. Rest up and get well. :) Hope you feel better soon!
Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 25-04-2012 11:51

OK... Been to the doctor today.

I didn't want to worry anyone (and I still don't so don't worry please. ;)) so I didn't tell anyone what happend yet. But here it is.

It happend sundaynight. I was just sitting on the couch with my laptop when my heart skipped a beat. It does that often so I don't really mind.
But quickly after... I began to feel unwell. Pain on the chest, couldn't get enough air... very unpleasant, especially the latter.
After a while, I got enough air again, but soon after it began all over again.

Luckily, after that, only the pain remained and I went to sleep.

I know some of you would say; ''WHY didn't you call an ambulance?'' Well, my father had a heartattack once and that pain was far more severe then mine. I couldn't believe it was my heart. (And I was right.)

The next day, I went swimming, no problems. Just still the pain in the chest, but around evening, that fínally went away and I felt fine.

Yesterday, I was feverish and sick.

Today I went to see the doctor, talked this all through. When I walked to the doctor I had pain in the chest again.

Doctor listened to it all, listened to my lungs, knocked, touched, did everything a doctor does....

Well, as we expected, it ain't my heart. :) I didn't believe it was in the first place, but yeah, one can never be sure.

It's very unclear what happened. But the doctor wants to check if it was pulmonary embolism.

I was a little surprised he's thinking of something that serious, but I just heard from my mom that my grandmother (her mother) also had this at a young age. So I guess it could be. Not sure.

As for now... I'm feeling pretty much ok. Still a little pain, still weak from being sick, but otherwise ok.

So yeah. That's what happend.

But again, please don't worry. I'm not worrying either. I'm surprised, but otherwise just fine. And if I'll feel bad again I'll just call the doctor.
They'll take some blood from me tomorrow (whoop-dee-doo, I hate that) and we'll see what comes out.
K.A.T
Beta

Post by K.A.T » 25-04-2012 17:15

:o :o Feel better Kisha! Take things easy girl! :) :D
toki333
Warrior

Post by toki333 » 25-04-2012 17:21

I'm sorry, Kisha :( But at least it isn't your heart.

Like Kat said - take it easy, and get well soon! :)
Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 25-04-2012 17:28

Thanks girls. I am taking it easy, but only because I have little other choice at the moment. I am still a little weak.

I SHOULD be doing a zillion things. But hey, I'm not gonna. Not now.

Can't really look forward to them sucking my blood tomorrow... vampires!
toki333
Warrior

Post by toki333 » 25-04-2012 17:33

Good girl for resting. :D It's the best sort of medicine, or so I'm told. Though I reckon Penicillin and Calpol are probably better. :P

Aww, blood tests aren't so bad (unless your doc really IS a vampire!) Save for the fact the gel they use to numb your hand/arm does occasionally numb it too much and you lose all feeling in it for the rest of the day... :oops:
Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 25-04-2012 17:41

toki333 wrote:Good girl for resting. :D It's the best sort of medicine, or so I'm told. Though I reckon Penicillin and Calpol are probably better. :P

Aww, blood tests aren't so bad (unless your doc really IS a vampire!) Save for the fact the gel they use to numb your hand/arm does occasionally numb it too much and you lose all feeling in it for the rest of the day... :oops:
No gel here... :( They don't do that in the Netherlands. They're just going to put the needle in my arm (you know, in the pit of your elbow... ewww..) and that's that.

The blood-ladies are very kind and very experienced here, but I hate that feeling. Really much. I hate anyone touching the pit of my elbow at ANY time. It's extremely sensitive, I even shudder when someone just touches me there. So let alone someone touching to find the vein and then putting their needle in there.

I get B12 shots in my butt every 7 weeks (and those shots HURT), couldn't care less... But I háte letting them take blood.