The Rhyme of Noctoire

This is where those with literature as their main skill can come to shine. Post your stories and such here :)
The Yena Queen
Pup

The Rhyme of Noctoire

Post by The Yena Queen » 08-02-2010 23:37

Hey all. I'm in the process of developing a new species with it's own culture and society. They are called the Tressin. I am working on a guide book for them, called "The Book of Tressin Lore."
ow, about the Tressin. They are an anthropomorphic group of tribal cat-people, and there are six breeds with differrent society behavior
They are;
The Jungle Tressin (Leopards, Jaguars)
The Plains Tressin (Lions)
The Desert Tressin (Cheetahs)
The Northern Tressin (Snow leopards)
The Exiles/The Marsh Tressin (Many different breeds)
And The Tressin Felis (Small Cats)

The Larger Tressin Tribes have enslaved the Tressin Felis, and they are currently battling for their freedom.
They all believe in the same religion (except for the Tressin Felis), of the two gods, Solzahi (Pronounced; soul-ZUH-hee), the lion of the sun, and Noctoire (Pronounced; nawc-TWAR-ey), the panther of the night.

I am in the process of writing their storyline, and I hope to include this species in my veeery long fictional story.

This is a rhyme I made for Noctoire. As the story goes, Noctoire gets in a vicious battle for dominance with her partner, Solzahi, every few years and it can be witnessed in the sky (The Solar and Lunar Eclipse)
During this time, each Tressin must choose a side (Night or Sun) and honor the chosen god with sacrifices, poems, songs, cub tales (child stories), and feasts. This is an example of one of the rhymes written to honor the goddess of the night, Noctoire.

The Rhyme of Noctoire

Beneath dreary skies,
so empty of stars,
the rain itself cries,
healing the scars.
The pain never ceases,
the pain never starts,
the scars forming creases,
in shape of a heart.
She holds herself high,
through pain and disaster.
She'll never die,
she'll stand strong forever after..

~The book of Tressin Lore

Tell me how you like my idea, and if you have any suggestions for the Tressin, don't be afraid to drop me a PM :happy: