Wolven Blood (Fictional story, slight mature language)

This is where those with literature as their main skill can come to shine. Post your stories and such here :)
Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Wolven Blood (Fictional story, slight mature language)

Post by Nakisha » 05-02-2010 17:56

This is just a fictional little story about the sleddog-team, because my imagination often runs wild like this. :happy: Especially when I'm doing things around the house. So this is not serious, just a little thing I saw happening while I was vacuuming, heehee. :)

You're all free to hate it and hate the way I used your charries, lol. :P It's only something I made up after all. ;)

It begins when Joshua has just delivered some goods with the team for the very first time; his bond with the dogs is still new and fresh and needs improving. After returning to the village, he's talking to someone about their ambitions with sledraces; he doesn't pay much attention to the dogs, who are walking free for a while.

Meanwhile, Harmony innocently tells everyone about her mother, KamiKaze, and her father, Hakuro. She also explains that Kami was a hybrid and Hakuro a wolf.

She had no idea that most dogs hate wolves, and vice versa. And she also doesn't know that it was already rumored that Harmony had wolf blood... and that the others dogs are shocked to hear that it is, indeed, true...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

''So it's true...''

Anik's hackles raised as he growled furiously.
His trust in his teammates had hardly grown, or it was already shattered brutally. He had been running with a WILD animal?!

- ''So what?'' Harmony was confused, and growled softly herself. ''I don't get what's so bad about...''
- ''TRAITOR!'' Anik snapped, cutting her off. He took a leap, straight at her, and for a moment it seemed he was about to attack.
- ''Stop that, Anik.'' Caleb sat with his back to the group, pondering what he had just heard.
It was unnatural... wrong. Dogs didn't mix with wolves. And no wolf lived with humans...

- ''WHY?!'' Anik snarled. ''She's a DAMNED WOLF!'' He growled even louder, and began to circle Harmony. ''She's NOT one of US!''
Harmony got up, and snarled back. ''Are you mad?! I still got dog blood! My mother...''
- ''I DON'T CARE!'' Anik screamed. He suddenly took a sprint forward, ready to fight Harmony, when John stepped between them.
Anik skipped, even more agitated, his nails digging deep into the snow.

''Nonsense.'' John stood his ground. ''Harmony is not a wolf.''
''THEN WHAT WOULD YOU CALL HER?!! SHE HAS THE BLOOD OF THOSE BEASTS, THOSE MURDERS!'' Anik was really loosing his temper. ''SHE'S A FILTHY...''
- ''STOP IT!'' Harmony screamed back. She was beginning to get scared; Anik was far too aggressive. ''WHY ARE YOU PICKING AT ME? CHIKARA HAS WOLF BLOOD TOO!!''

Chikara gasped. Her ears turned backwards and her tail sunk down; her secret was out.
She had been cowardly waiting for this storm to pass, to afraid to tell the others she too had wolf blood in her veins. But now... they knew.

Silence fell; John turned his head to look at her.
She then saw Caleb's head turn as well; Harmony seemed shocked about what she had just blurted out. Her ears where turned backwards, and she opened her mouth as if to apologize... but no sound came out. Chikara knew that Harmony simply hadn't realised that nobody knew about their heritage, and what that knowledge would cause... and she couldn't blame her friend.

But it was Anik that really had Chikara's attention; he slowly turned his head to her, his eyes burning with anger.

''So...'' His voice was dangerously low. ''You too...''

Chikara felt like cowering, backing down. But she knew that if she did, it wouldn't help her in any way.
And suddenly, she was struck by anger. Her tail began to raise back up in it's curl, and her ears both perked.

''And so what?'' She growled. ''Harmony is right. It doesn't matter.''
- ''Oh, it does...'' Anik growled, as he now slowly came at her. ''It does matter, Chikara... All wolves are traitors... murders... And you two belong with them, one of the wolves...''
- ''Get yourself checked!'' Chikara snarled. ''I'm not a wolf. Neither is Harmony. We both have dogblood as well. We never took sides!'' She was getting ready to fight; her head lowered and she showed her teeth. ''We're on the same team here, Anik... so don't make me fight you!''

Anik glanced over his shoulder at Caleb; only a command from the leaddog would change his mind about ripping the two females apart.
But Caleb seemed confused himself, unsure about what to think, and he said nothing. He didn't get up, he didn't interfere; he just stared at them.

But John did interfere.

''ENOUGH!'' The authorizing voice of the elder male boomed through the air as he suddenly jumped in front of Anik, with remarkable ease for his age. ''Anik, you're making a fool of yourself! We're a team, we should...''
- ''OUT OF MY WAY, OLDTIMER!'' Anik snarled. The respect he had for John couldn't hold him back this time. ''THEY'RE NOT MY TEAMMATES.. THEY HAVE THE BLOOD OF WOLVES! IF THEY WHERE TO CHOOSE, THEY'D PICK THE SIDE OF THE WOLF... THEY COULD BE THE DEATH OF US!''

John growled; his fur bristled. He wasn't about to let Anik attack one of the young ladies, no matter the shocking facts.
Anik realised John wouldn't step out of his way, and his fur also bristled in a large ridge over his back.
- ''I'm warning you...'' He growled at John, but suddenly Caleb finally spoke.
- ''Stop it, both of you.'' He didn't even raise his voice.

Anik hesitated only a moment; Caleb had waited too long. He wasn't going to obey the commands of a doubter!
His growling only paused a second; then, he growled at John again with renewed strength.
- ''Last warning...'' He whispered, his tongue flashing over his lips.

John's eyes narrowed as he showed all his teeth, his tongue now flashing in and out as well. ''You dare WARN ME?! Bring it on then, PUP!''

With furious snarls, the two males suddenly smashed into each other.

Joshua turned at the sound of terrible snarls; shocked by what he was faced with, he gasped for breath.

Chikara snarled out loud as she too joined the fight to help John, followed right away by Harmony.
''HEY, NO! STOP!'' Caleb snarled as he jumped in as well, only to separate his teammates again. But he was unsuccessful...

The snarling ball of fur and teeth rolled through the snow; Anik was badly outnumbered...

''ENOUGH!!! DAMN, DOWN!! DOWN!!!!'' Joshua's voice had a hint of panic as he ran at the group. ''ENOUGH, DOWN, STOP IT!!!''

Caleb was the first to back down. Being leaddog, he had his position to think of.
But Anik, attacked by the three others, had no such problems; his teeth sunk into anything it could hit. Chikara and Harmony weren't about to give way either, and John seemed to have lost his temper already.

Joshua grabbed one of the chains; he had to beat them apart. They would tear eachother to shreds if he didn't interfere!!

- ''CHICHI!!! BREAK IT UP DAMNIT!!!''

To make matters worse, Greg's voice cut through the air like a whip. Joshua gritted his teeth; just what he needed. The oldtimer was going to scold him for being a bad doghandler, no doubt... again.

But it made a difference; Chikara backed down at the voice of her beloved Master. She flopped down flat in the snow, knowing she was in trouble.

''ENOUGH!!'' Joshua boomed as he ran to the three fighting dogs left. He swung the chain over his head, and then finally slammed it down.

- ''NO!!!''
Gregory's warning came too late; the chain hit John on the back.
John turned his head and stared at Joshua with eyes that spelled murder. Harmony took a run for it, away from Anik and John, knowing the shit was about to hit the fan.

John suddenly turned on his musher with a deafening snarl, and was about to leap at his troath....

''DON'T YOU DARE!!!'' Greg suddenly appeared before Joshua with wide spread arms. ''JOHN!! ENOUGH!!''

John growled, but even to Greg's surprise, finally backed down. Greg sighed in relief; he knew the old dog never made jokes.

Anik struggled to get up; all dogs where covered in snow after the fight.

Greg turned to Joshua and janked the chain from his hands.
''IDIOT!'' He spat. ''OF ALL THE DOGS YOU COULD HIT!! YOU CAN'T BEAT JOHN, HE'LL TEAR YOU UP!!''

Joshua felt humiliated, but was also shaken up after seeing John turn on him.
He hadn't meant to hit John in particular; he had only meant to break them up...

- ''Then how would YOU have handled it, hm?!'' He spat at Greg. ''Did that look like a simple playfight to you?! Damnit, THEY WHERE TEARING EACHOTHER TO SHREDS!!''

Greg ignored him; he walked to his ChiChi, who quickly rolled on her back in submission.
''BAD DOG!'' Greg screamed in her face as he bend over her. He then furiously kicked some snow over her body; Chikara whimpered.
''AND YOU TOO!'' He turned and pointed at Harmony. ''HOW DARE YOU!!''
Harmony knew the old men well enough by now to also lay down and show her submission. Greg wasn't the friendliest man around, and no dog in it's right mind wanted to be on his bad side.

Greg's anger then turned to Caleb. ''AND YOU KEEP YOUR DOGS IN LINE!'' He spat, kicking snow in Caleb's face, who turned his head and whimpered. ''YOU'RE THE LEADDOG FOR CRYING OUT LOUD... JOINING A FIGHT... YOU DUMB CHUMP!''

But Anik was the one who was REALLY in the doghouse; Greg stomped his feet as he came for him and grabbed him in the scruff of his neck, lifting him off the ground completely for a moment.
''AND YOU! TRY THAT ONE MORE TIME AND I'LL HAVE YOUR BALLS, STUPID MUTT!''
Anik was wise enough to whimper and give up. That old man wasn't one to mess with...

Last but not least, Greg finally turned to John.
''And you... HERE. NOW.''
John stared at him and growled; Greg growled back.
''I said, HERE.'' He warned, staring straight in the eyes of the older dog. ''Don't make me say it again, John!''

John slowly got up; he walked over to Greg, and stopped in front of him, softly growling.

''DON'T YOU DARE GROWL AT ME!'' Greg barked. ''SIT!''

John's behind slowly sunk to the ground; he was staring at Greg's feet, and slowly, his growling died down.

''Good.'' Greg's voice became normal again; rough, but friendly like usual. ''Good dog.'' He gave John a soft pat on the head. ''That's a boy. You shouldn't be so proud, old soldier.'' He played with John's ear for a moment. ''Damned dog you. Stupid mutts, the lot of 'ya.''

He then turned to Joshua, who glared at him, knowing some kind of lecture was bound to follow.
But to his surprise, there wasn't one.
''Well done.'' Greg just said. ''Just don't hit John again, he won't thank you for that. Oh, and make sure you get to be boss of him, damnit... He needs to respect you. Earn it.''
He then turned away from the dogs and began to walk back to the village with big steps.

Joshua was flabbergasted for a moment and watched Greg walk away. He then ran after him.
''Hey, wait up.'' He came to walk besides Greg. ''What do you mean, earn it? I'm trying to handle John as good as I can. He's not an easy dog.''
- ''You're not doing good enough.'' Greg answered bluntly. ''John needs to be trained with an iron first in a silk glove.''
- ''What the hell is that supposed to mean?''
Greg stopped. ''Not that difficult. You need to show him you're his master, his alpha. But you also got to respect him for what he is, and see him for what he is. You can't BREAK him, you need him to WANT to follow and obey you.'' Greg spat on the ground. ''John's a proud ol' mutt. He needs to know he can depend on you, that you won't lead him astray, and that you respect his nature. Show him you're a reliable leader.''
- ''But how would I do that?''
Greg grinned his brown old teeth bare. ''You'll learn. Nobody can teach you how to be an Alpha, Josh. Just learn to look at your dogs.''

Joshua paused. They walked side by side for a moment, as a question suddenly popped into his head.
''Say... why where you at Anik's ass like that?''
- ''He caused the fight.'' Greg answered. ''You should keep a better eye on your dogs when you're chatting with someone. He was challenging Harmony, Chikara and John several times before they finally began to fight.'' He glanced sidewards at the young musher. ''When you're talking, look at the dogs from the corner of your eyes from time to time. Never let
them out of your sight, and warn them before fights like this break out. That's the way to prevent quarrels.'' He stopped and reached down in his pocket for a smoke. ''Oh, and don't forget... after sledding, those dogs are filled with adrenaline, unless they're extremely exhausted. They'll get into fights easier during that time. They need to calm down and let off the steam before they can finally relax... especially Anik, with his temperament.'' He growled to himself as he took a cigarette. ''I'd have him neutered... stupid dog. John too. Far too much temperament...''
- ''You know I can't neuter them. It would affect their running.'' Joshua grinned. He knew Gregory didn't mean a word of that.

- ''Yeah, well. Then you better get in charge of 'em.'' Greg said, before finally turning and walking away.
~When darkness comes, you know I'm never far~
toki333
Warrior

Post by toki333 » 05-02-2010 20:56

LMAO!

Caleb the dumb chump hahahaha!

Wow you portrayed him fairly well actually lol I can't wait till the others read this!
Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 05-02-2010 21:04

Let's be fair; Gregory is a total asshole! :P But he's a fair asshole.
And, it has to be said... he's a hard one, a tough one, a stern one.. but still a good one. And he knew Caleb was not at fault, so he only got some snow-kicking. :P
I love writing him. :P

I TRIED writing all the dogs according to profile and what I heard about them, but I'm sure you all would play them differently. ;) Still, it was fun. :happy:
toki333
Warrior

Post by toki333 » 05-02-2010 21:13

Lol Caleb's like

'what the heck?' -plod over- 'OMG YOU'RE FIGHTING!'

Great portrayal of him! :happy: Greg's fine - with dogs there is some essence of discipline needed, otherwise you can't get along - it'd just be one on-going struggle for dominance :3

Maybe that's why me and my dog 'argue' alot, cause I can't bring myself to ever punish her, even when she get's a bit boistrous during our playfights.
Leo
Beta

Post by Leo » 05-02-2010 21:26

Thats was brillent :) nakisha i loved that got to be one of my fav stories you have writen so far :D and you praticly nailed johns temperment. but i think he would die before giving up his balls XD :)
live fast, die young in a nice pair of shorts.
plz for give my spelling Image
umm you all rock :D
Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 05-02-2010 21:47

LOL Greg didn't mean that anyway. :) He knows the dogs work better with everything intact... more drive. ;) He often threatens to neuter dogs that do stuff he doesn't like. :P He never had a dog fixed in his life though. ;)

Toki; You're right, dogs need to know who's in charge.
Some need firmer treatment then others though. :)

I have two dogs myself... a shepherd, Rhodi and a french bulldog, Branco. Don't be fooled; the french bulldog has twice the balls the shepherd has. (Well, they're both neutered... but you get my means. :P) The shepherd is a dragon to strange people (I really have to keep him away from strangers in fact, sadly) but social with dogs, and the frenchie is a very dominant character to dogs, but sweet to people.

I really have to step up every once in a while, but they're usually great dogs who listen well. :) So I'm very pleased with both of them. Branco needs a bit of a stern hand sometimes, Rhodi is a sensitive soul. (People would expect it the other way around! :P)

I'm most curious how Yena will feel about this story... Anik is a bit of the ''bad guy'' here. (Nah, not really, just hates wolves.. heehee..) I picked him for the roll since he's the most agressive one, acording to his profile. :)
The Yena Queen
Pup

Post by The Yena Queen » 05-02-2010 22:12

:o
Wow, you played Anik better than I did! I actually really enjoyed reading that, very exiting!! I wonder if something like this would actually happen in our RP.
Bad Anik, BAD! x3
Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 05-02-2010 22:14

Wow... thanks! :oops: :happy:
Glad you liked it hun!! Hope you didn't mind Anik to be the angry one! :)

Anik was pretty upset and worked up... ;)

I actually understand Anik's side, if I think into it... Having the ''enemy'' in your team... If Harmony and Chikara where to choose the side of a wolf in case of an attack... *Shivers*
toki333
Warrior

Post by toki333 » 05-02-2010 22:16

Lol. Maybe Caleb should call him a jerk or something or blame him for something he never did and then they'd get in a hissy fit then one of the girls, or John, might try to break it up then the whole schubang starts lmao :lol:
Leo
Beta

Post by Leo » 05-02-2010 22:36

lol its a awsome storie and id be happy to play it out, only a chain to the back of old john would proberbly corse him truble for a week XD being 10 and all :P

and i hope i get the chance soon to have Eight be the bad evil attacking wolf (i could write a little storie to on it lol XD but only thing it be all about john, i dont think i could right for the others as good as you have :).
Eight is going to see john and go ape shit on his ass, hes got a old hatred for that husky hehe
live fast, die young in a nice pair of shorts.
plz for give my spelling Image
umm you all rock :D