A Speck of Hope (Moon) (S mature)

This is the place where explicit mature RP happens. You can only access this corner with permission, so that people who do not wish to be confronted with such content won't be able to read it.

To gain access, please contact either Nakisha or Silverwolf92 and ask for permission.

ENTERING AT OWN RISK!!!
Moon
Warrior

Post by Moon » 24-05-2011 03:06

(Do you want to skip to morning?)
K.A.T
Beta

Post by K.A.T » 24-05-2011 03:22

if you want :D they really can't tell when it is morning or not anyway, let's just say she woke up XD
Moon
Warrior

Post by Moon » 24-05-2011 04:13

Adelaide woke up an hour later, groggy and cold, instinctively snuggled into the warmth beside her and fell back to sleep with a pleased groan.

----

Her nose twitched as a strange smell invaded it and her ears followed behind, trying to place the noises in her state of semi-consciousness. Yawning Ade pulled away from the peculiar warmth that seemed to surround her and stood up to stretch.

Reality dawned on her and her shoulders slumped instantly as her memories from the other day flooded her mind.

She was still here; it wasn't just some nightmare.

The she wolf narrowed her eyes and banished the bad thoughts that threatened to consume her to the back of her mind. It was a new day and she couldn't do anything about her current situation. She could only survive and try to maintain her hope. She refused to give up, no matter what her cellmate said. Without hope there was nothing and Ade wasn't going to give up without one hell of a fight.

If he hadn't woken then Ade would pad to the water bowl and take a few small licks, being sure to conserve as much as possible. She noticed with surprise that the male had left her the meat, wrapped in a dock leaf. I wonder how he got those? Ade made a mental to ask him later, unless it had blown in or something that was no way he would've been able to get that without access to the outside or knowing someone else with access.

Ade unwrapped it with a smile and split the small portion in two, taking the smaller piece for her self and nudging the other half to her cellmate.

"Rest well? " She asked, sitting down. "You still haven't told me your name, you know." Ade noted with a smirk.
K.A.T
Beta

Post by K.A.T » 24-05-2011 04:28

While his cellmate rested, Jareth's attention was on the wolves around him as well as the door, where he knew guard dogs were stationed in case anything drastic happened. The stench of those village lackeys, he could smell them from miles away, even from the stench of death lingering in the dungeons. He disliked them with a passion. Sometimes the humans would take the guard dogs in and laugh while the dogs pissed in the cells and started fights with the wolves.

Jareth lifted his lips in irritation as he remembered those incidents. He left one guard dog without an eye, but that had resulted in him being shocked for punishment. He had survived, but now the guard dogs thought twice before messing with him. He was alpha material, and he wouldn't take belittling from those tamed beasts.

A rustling sound next to him made his ears turn in her direction. Ah she woke up then. Jareth took his eyes off the other wolves to focus on the girl. She had gotten up to take a drink and he noticed how little she took. Bloody girl. She was too selfless for her own good. She'd never survive in here for more than a month by the rate she was going.

He watched silently as she eyed the dock leaf, opened it and split the meat in two. Such kindness and caring for a stranger. Lili was like that, but she was cautious too. But seeing as how this girl was stuck in the same boat as he was, she seemed more less on her guard with him. Good, he didn't need an uptight girl who flinched at every single word he said. That'd be annoying as hell.

Jareth saw her nudge the bigger piece to him and taking the small piece for herself. He sighed to get her attention. "Lass, I thank ye for the consideration, but please, do this old bloke a favor and just eat it. I've been here for 2 years, I'm well adverse in conserving my energy. I have my means. If you are really hungry, then take it. I won't bite your head off for it either," he said as he nudged the meat back to her. She was a young one, more susceptible to any kind of disease that might be roaming around.

Finally she had turned around to face him, giving him a smirk.

"Rest well? " She asked, sitting down. "You still haven't told me your name, you know." Ade noted with a smirk.

He had to admit, her fresh personality was definitely a nice change in this dreary dump.

The male hid a small smile as he looked at her. "If you must insist then. I'm Jareth, the blokes here call me Jae. I take wee naps, never fully asleep, best be on guard in case they come for you. But you're lucky, I'll keep watch for ya. And now my turn. Did you rest well---? he, left a blank for her name, asked as he gazed at her, his green eyes holding a tiny spark of interest in her now, regaining a speck of their original liveliness.

The other wolves were either pacing in their cells, scratching at the walls, howling in low tones, or sleeping. There really wasn't much activity going on around here so it was kind of quaint and quiet in their cell. Small sounds from beyond the door always kept Jareth's ears up and twitching.
Moon
Warrior

Post by Moon » 24-05-2011 05:50

"Lass, I thank ye for the consideration, but please, do this old bloke a favor and just eat it. I've been here for 2 years, I'm well adverse in conserving my energy. I have my means. If you are really hungry, then take it. I won't bite your head off for it either,"

Pinning her ears back, Ade fixed him with a look, still unsure. "Alright, if you say so." Slowly, Adelaide ate the rest of the meat, savoring it, she didn't know if they were going to be fed regularly or not and if she just wolfed it down it would show how hungry she actually was.

"If you must insist then. I'm Jareth, the blokes here call me Jae. I take wee naps, never fully asleep, best be on guard in case they come for you. But you're lucky, I'll keep watch for ya. And now my turn. Did you rest well---?

The shewolf made eye contact and noticed something that hadn't been there before, a spark in his normally dull green eyes. It was a drastic difference and Adelaide decided she liked it much better. She gave Jareth a smile, "Adelaide, Ade for short if you like."

She nodded in understanding, her smile disappearing as he brought up the realities of the place. He was right, her deep sleep would probably the first and only of it's kind. Ade couldn't afford to be caught unaware here. "Thank you, Jae. I'm lucky to share a cell with you, eh?"
K.A.T
Beta

Post by K.A.T » 24-05-2011 22:07

"Alright, if you say so."

Jareth nodded his head to her. She was a fresh newbie, and he'd help her get used to this place as much as he could, make life easy for her before things went down hill for her later. It was a shame to think of what was in store for her. He chose not to think about such gloomy situations.

"Whilst yer here, tis best to listen ta me alright? I know all there is to know down in these here dumps lass," he told her, referring to when he knew when the humans would give them food and such.

He saw her eat the food slowly, savoring it, but he knew she was just modest; he had to hide a smile.

"See? I knews you were lying. Don't hide things from me kid, you're gonna need my help to survive, especially when they let us out once in a while to make sure we're still living," he added as he bent to lick up a small berry, crunching it into his mouth and swallowing, the bitter juices going down his throat made him cringe but he endured it.

"Adelaide, Ade for short if you like."

Jareth nodded his head in acknowledgment.

"Ade it is then lass. I would normally say it's a pleasure to meet you, but not in this situation. Let's hope we both survive seems better," he told her as he pushed his little berry bundle towards her. "Eat one of those, it'll help with the hunger," he said as he turned his head towards the doors, where he could hear the noises the guard dogs were making on the other side of it.

"Thank you, Jae. I'm lucky to share a cell with you, eh?

Jareth smiled slightly at her.

"Darn right ya are lass. I'm one of the few decent wolves left in these here parts. All the other females got moved, so most of these boys here, haven't laid eyes on a girl in ages, best not tease them. Oh and do stay away from the neighboring wolves in case they want to paw you. They tend to get itching for a feel," he said as he indicated the wolf behind Ade who was trying to do just that.
Moon
Warrior

Post by Moon » 25-05-2011 00:33

"Whilst yer here, tis best to listen ta me alright? I know all there is to know down in these here dumps lass,"

Ade nodded obediently. Listening to Jareth seemed to be her best bet at survival. He'd been in this hell for two years, he had to have some tricks up his sleeve to have survived for so long and without any apparent injuries. After seeing all the missing claws and bloody nubs it was an accomplishment. What did Jareth had that had the others didn't?

First thing was first, she needed to learn how to fight.

"See? I knews you were lying. Don't hide things from me kid, you're gonna need my help to survive, especially when they let us out once in a while to make sure we're still living,"

Her cheeks flamed with an embarrassed blush. There wasn't hiding anything from him, was there? Ade gave him a small sigh, "Do I want to know what happens then?" She could guess and nothing she could think of was pleasant. The she-wolf watched him lick up a berry and cocked her head curiously to the side. Back to the mystery of the dock leaves, Jareth did have something hidden up his sleeves if he'd gotten those.

"Ade it is then lass. I would normally say it's a pleasure to meet you, but not in this situation. Let's hope we both survive seems better," "Eat one of those, it'll help with the hunger,"

Doubtfully, Ade sniffed at the bundle before licking up a couple berries and crunching them up quickly once the bitter flavor spread over her tongue. She swallowed with a grimace. Looking around she saw that the other captives were waking up and decided to keep her questions to herself--at least for now.

"Darn right ya are lass. I'm one of the few decent wolves left in these here parts. All the other females got moved, so most of these boys here, haven't laid eyes on a girl in ages, best not tease them. Oh and do stay away from the neighboring wolves in case they want to paw you. They tend to get itching for a feel,"

Wheeling around she snapped at the male Jae indicated. His paw jerked away from the bars, leaving a smear of blood behind. Her snarl faltered and Ade choose to ignore him instead, moving against the back wall. "I see that...I'll keep that in mind from now on." Soon enough she'd have to put up with a lot more then simple pawing; the thought sent fear shooting down her spine.

With a nervous swallow Adelaide faced her cellmate, "Jareth, do you think you could teach me to fight? Just enough to survive--what little I know isn't going to be enough."
K.A.T
Beta

Post by K.A.T » 25-05-2011 02:28

It was shear torture for Jareth as he talked, chatted to the lovely girl in front of him. Did he mention that she was almost the exact copy of his past mate? And he had loved Lili dearly. Seeing her face, her smile, her blush, god dammit he wanted her, but he made sure to keep his body in check, but of course the sparks in his eyes didn't die out. They gave him away. But of course he wouldn't do anything to her, it was his honor as a wolf and a gentleman. He wouldn't touch a hair on her body unless she invited him.

And that wasn't going to happen anytime soon. Obviously since she just met him now long ago and she was probably scared to death about the prospect of being trapped in here. Her mind was definitely not on finding a lover in hell. That would be obscure.

It was true, he was one of the males in the best shape. While others were mangled or not whole, Jareth looked good for a 2 year prisoner. His fur was rough and unclean but other than a tired look, he was whole and still retained some handsomeness. The other wolves sometimes were jealous of him for it. But of course he had tricks up his coat.

Every time the humans let the wolves out, he would sneak in some time to do some laps and exercise to make sure he was still in shape. He didn't know why; he had long given up living due to Lili's death but realized his brother was still out there somewhere alone. Jareth found out that he'd really wanted to see Jared again before he ended his life. And so was his inner determination to break out of these bars.

"Do I want to know what happens then?"

He gave her a small grin. "Best not know now or you'll mind will always be thinking about it. I'll tell ya when it's time. It shouldn't be long before they let us out again. I'll inform you then," he told her as he watched her eat a few bitter berries.

"Right, those berries should keep you sated for a while. They don't feed us regularly if you can't tell. They come in once everyday or sometimes once every other day to bring us our "meals", some meal they are though," he said as he waved his paw in the air, emphasizing his point.

Seeing the face she made when she ate the berries made him laugh, just slightly. He couldn't help it, she had a cute face. Curses. He shook his head as he pushed away those thoughts; he felt unfaithful to Lili as he gazed upon Ade. No keep his feelings to himself, he was probably too old for her anyway. She'd want someone young and handsome, not some old 5 year old coot.

Chuckling, he watched her snap at the neighbor as his paw strayed too close to her hindquarters. Jareth did feel sorry for those males, yet that was no excuse to grope the lady. She was scared as heck in there and didn't need no perverts to make it worse for her. He narrowed his green eyes on the neighboring wolves.

"Oy you lot. Lay a paw and the lass and ti'll be my fangs you'll meet. Understand?" he said menacingly in an alpha's tone at them. The other wolves gulped and nodded their heads at him. "We hear ya Jae," they responded as they went back to biting at the fleas or reaching an itch.

"I see that...I'll keep that in mind from now on."

Jareth nodded his head at them and then turned back to Ade. He noticed how she tensed up and could guess what was spooking her. Yeah, her future of a brood bitch. That term just made blood rush to his eyes and he wanted to rip out the throats of any dog who had the balls to try her. His claws involuntarily were clenching and unclenchin, making grating sounds against the stone floor. He finally noticed and stopped in time.

"Jareth, do you think you could teach me to fight? Just enough to survive--what little I know isn't going to be enough."

The orange, black, and silver male looked up at her question, his eyes surprised. He was quiet for a moment, speechless at her request. What spunk. She didn't give up did she? Grr, that made her seem even more like Lili. He mentally cursed whoever was torturing his life. "Damn you Fates!!!!!"

Thinking for a moment, Jareth cleared his throat and looked seriously into her face, her eyes. "If that will put you at ease, then I'll humbly oblige. We can start with some small things in this cage and once they let us out, I'll take you with me for some exercise," he told her with a nod.

"Hey Orange, whataya talking about over there with the beaut?" a wolf across the hallway asked with interest. The wrong kind of interest might Jareth add. Jareth slowly turned his head to him and gave him the cold stare, causing the male to chuckle nervously. "Non' o' yer business is it pup? Why don't you go play with yer cellmate? He dying for someone to play with," Jareth said as he indicated the mate who was busy munching on the bone leftover from the meat, chewing it, licking it like the bone itself would satisfy him.

The male lowered his ears and turned away from the dominate male in the dungeons. Everyone else also turned away to mind their own business, giving Jareth and Ade some privacy, trying not to listen in on them. Which was hard since the conversations tend to echo in the cages.
Moon
Warrior

Post by Moon » 25-05-2011 04:38

"Best not know now or you'll mind will always be thinking about it. I'll tell ya when it's time. It shouldn't be long before they let us out again. I'll inform you then,"

It was exactly the answer she'd expected, but that didn't mean it was any more comforting. Before she could dwell on the possibilities any longer Jareth spoke again.

"Right, those berries should keep you sated for a while. They don't feed us regularly if you can't tell. They come in once everyday or sometimes once every other day to bring us our "meals", some meal they are though,"

He waved his paw in the air and laughed at the face she made. Ade watched as Jae shook his head, as if to rid himself of some thoughts. She knew better to ask and kept her mouth shut, but her mind thoughtful. It would be important to learn about her cellmate in the weeks to come. Jareth chuckled again, then narrowed his eyes at the male who'd tried to grope her. Adelaide did the same, pulling up a lip to flash her white fangs at him. She was no one's plaything!

"Oy you lot. Lay a paw and the lass and ti'll be my fangs you'll meet. Understand?" "We hear ya Jae,"

His claws scraped against the concrete flooring a few times before he stopped. At her request Jareth went speechless. Adelaide, frowning, wondered if she'd gone too far somehow with that. If he couldn't--or wouldn't teach her how to fight, then she'd find someone, somehow. There was no way she was going to survive in this place without some kind of training. She was already at a disadvantage, just being a female.

"If that will put you at ease, then I'll humbly oblige. We can start with some small things in this cage and once they let us out, I'll take you with me for some exercise,"

Adelaide gave him a big grin, despite his serious expression. "Thank you!" She yipped.

"Hey Orange, whataya talking about over there with the beaut?" "Non' o' yer business is it pup? Why don't you go play with yer cellmate? He dying for someone to play with,"

"Heh," Ade chuckled, "Probably gets tired of licking himself all day." She whispered, blushing furiously. He'd asked for it with called her beaut.

(Do you wanna bring the humans in for the morning rounds or something?)
K.A.T
Beta

Post by K.A.T » 25-05-2011 05:04

Jareth glanced at Ade as she digested his words. He knew his words were vague and probably not what she expected or wanted, but he really didn't want to scary her with the nasty facts of reality. It wouldn't do well to scare her innocent mind with horrid ways to die at the hands of men and their dogs.

He sighed before answering her unasked question. "Lass, I know what I'm saying is neither comforting nor helpful to ya. But I'm being vague for yer own good. Does neither of us good if I scare ya with the gory details. Ya kin?" he asked her. (ya kin? = ya understand?)

"Thank you!"

At her big innocent and grateful grin, Jareth had to advert his green eyes and stare at the stone floor before he had the urge to smile like an idiot at her. Jared once told him that when he was with Lili, he looked like a fool, a drunk fool more like it. Yeah that's all Ade needs. Her cellmate grinning like a drunk fool at her, that's a sure way to scare her away from him.

"It's nothing. Dun worry bout it," he said as he took a few deep breaths, calmed himself and returned her gaze once more, mentally determined not to mistake Ade for Lili. No matter how much they looked alike. They were two different people. Ade was not Lili, no matter how much Jareth wanted to imagine she was.

"Heh," Ade chuckled, "Probably gets tired of licking himself all day."

Jareth was surprised by the comment from Ade. Wow, did she really just say that? Now there's something different. This was a difference between Ade and Lili. Lili was always sweet and would never speak bad about anyone. And here Ade was, just dissed the male like it was nothing.

He couldn't help himself and let out a small laugh. "Right you are lass. I'll bet he does. But that's what he gets for messing with ya. Serves him right. The lads here need to learn how to control their hormones. Though it's understandable, with you being beautiful and all, they just can't resist," he said and then looked mildly surprised he complemented the girl.

Oh there he goes, hinting at something. He mentally berated himself. "You fool Jareth. Don't let the girl get mixed up with you. She's not the one for you. You're too old for her, she deserves better. So stop dreaming and face reality old man!" he mentally screamed at himself. Ok so that made things a bit better. Degrading himself was a sure way to get him to get rid of these unnecessary feelings for the girl.

No way was he ever going to let her find out he wanted her. Never...

He went silent and then he whipped his head towards the dungeon door as it banged open and 10 humans and 15 dogs massed into the area.

"Alright you lubbers. Time for ya time outside and get rid of the dead. Dogs, move the wolves back while we get the leashes around them," the humans shouted.

Jareth stood up quickly and ate the rest of his berries. He stuffed the dock leaves in a crack in the wall and moved forward to stand in front of Ade. The other wolves also stood up. The dogs moved around barking and snapping to push the wolves back. The humans moved into the cells with dead wolves, marched in there, grabbed the carcasses like rag dolls and threw them into a cart and wheeled them out.

Then one cage at a time, the humans strapped electric leashes to the wolves. "Don't struggle or you'll get 1000 volts coursing through your thick canine skulls," the humans said as they dragged the wolves outside into the fenced in yard.

Jareth watched as the humans did this to all the cages before them. His was one of the last few cages, the 4 to the last and he waited till the humans came to his and Ade's cage. He quickly turned to the girl to tell her something.

"Don't fight against them. Go willingly, let them collar you and lead you out. If ya don't, you won't be moving for weeks from the shock," he told her as the humans came into his cage and looped a thick metal collar around his neck and started leading him out. He resisted though because he wanted to make sure Ade walked with him.

The human seemed to pause for his partner as well. The human came towards Ade with another metal collar to put around her neck. The other humans rounded up the last of them and marched the outside. "Move it you beasts. Hurry up you two," a man called out to the one holding Jareth and the one trying to leash Ade.

"We're coming, gotta get the bitch and we'll follow," the human holding Jareth said. Jareth wanted to growl at his way of addressing Ade, but knew if he showed any signs of struggle, he'd be shocked and his body would be spazzing for a long time to come. Not what he wanted or needed.