Somewhere out there... (any and all may join)

The Chaka desert is a tough place; the heat, the blazing sun and the wide open terrain with nothing but sand. Finding one of the secret oasiss is the best way to stay alive.
The Yena Queen
Pup

Somewhere out there... (any and all may join)

Post by The Yena Queen » 30-07-2009 04:59

Beautiful, serene, silent, the dawn skies broke the darkness, lighting the world with a gentle sea-foam green glow. The dry land barren of all life as far as the eye could see. Dry, cracked earth gave way to the soft sand, still cool from the night. The terrain was free of moisture for miles upon miles, only the toughest of creatures could survive in this harsh landscape. Harsh, but beautiful. But, concealed in the brightest, hottest regions of the desert, there is life. Small, but sure, the oasis stands out like a sapphire in gravel among the endless dunes. Miraculously, an underwater spring bubbled up enough to create a small lake of silver, clean water. Palm trees, cacti, bushes, and fruit bearing desert plants grew all around the lake, even the lake itself was dotted with large groups of lily pads among the shallows. As the world around this tiny haven woke, so did the creatures inhabiting it. Silent, a rather large lizard crawled out from it's burrow. Uncaring and not careful, the creature strode about as if it owned the oasis, lumbering it's pudgy body over to it's favorite sunning rock. After all, was there any need to fear in this heaven on earth? As it scrambled onto the rock and settled in the rapidly rising desert sun, the silence breaking as birds began to wake, the lizard was unaware that it's life was at the most dangerous point it had ever been.

Absolutely soundless and stealthy, Robin padded one paw over the other in a soft, rhythmic pace. Quickly increasing her stride as she neared her victim, the light silver and blue she-wolf crouched in the tall golden grass nearly a foot away from the resting lizard. Suddenly, Robin broke into a run and galloped towards her prize at full speed, leaping into the air and slamming her paws onto the lizard. "Gotcha!" She barked, grabbing her prey between her powerful jaws and swinging it into the air. She leaped up then and snapped at the creature with all of her might. The taste of blood felt good on her tongue, for she hadn't eaten since yesterday's dawn. Settling down to enjoy her meal, Robin daintily nibbled the tough lizard skin and flesh, enjoying every minute of her feasting. After she had finished, she sat down and held the bones between her paws glancing around, alert for the slightest sign of another creature. Not for attacking this time, but for befriending. It had been at least six months since Robin had seen another wolf, the last one being a strong nomadic female.
The female wasn't too kind about Robin's presence, and chased her off after at least an hour of attempting to befriend her. Sighing deeply, Robin sat down at the edge of the lake, looking out at the far side of the water, the slightest light of hope lingering in her heart that she would see another wolf, and hopefully this time, not an angry female.

((Bleh, bad post is bad))
The Yena Queen
Pup

Post by The Yena Queen » 02-08-2009 07:53

*poke*
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 03-08-2009 05:16

i must have stared at ur signature for a least 10 minutes o_o; and sorry for the lateness luma! ))

The wasteland of the desert was one that did not take kindly to many strangers. It was a place where only the ones who dared to tread it managed to survive. The desert was no place for the weak and the light hearted. As the sun lay high in the air, waiting to bake anything the warmth could touch, a wolf had found her way to an oasis. It was large, bigger than ones she had seen before. And with it came life, life that she could use for her advantage. In her jaws lay a kill that was made two days ago. Only a scrap of meat remained on the dead carcass, as it was her food for survival until coming to this area. It was a vulture, and its purpose was served well. Noting that someone else was already by this haven, the female's ears were flat against her head. She noted it was of her own kind. Now the only determining factor was either to attack, or to just ignore. If it was male, she would attack and drive the hairball away. If it was female, she would choose to simply ignore.

After all, she was not planning on remaining in this god forsaken land anyways. As soon as she was done resting and becoming well fed, she would take off once more. She had better places to be. The only reason she chose to tread through this barren waste was that this desert was the only area that led to greener fields and cold mountains that lay ahead. Suddenly watching though as the stranger followed something moving, this was the female's chance to head to the oasis unseen.

Eyes carefully observed the other wolf as it followed what looked like a reptile, and then they darted quickly to the water. The wolf who had chased after the reptilian went into a mad dash, had caught their prey, and seemed to eat it without noticing anything. Quietly making her way to the oasis, the female finally planted herself beside it, lapping up the water before she dipped her head in. It was a refreshing thing for her, and as she instantly pulle out, she noted that she had done so rather loudly. Knowing another wolf was in the area, she glanced toward the strangers way then, who ironically was looking for company. Eyes peering and slightly narrowing, the female's nose twitched before her shoulders seemed to relax. So, it was female. Having figured out the stranger' gender, she gave the girl one glance before she looked back to the water, lapping it up like she didn't see the female at all for the brief stare the two shared moments ago.
ImageImage

The Yena Queen
Pup

Post by The Yena Queen » 04-08-2009 03:00

((Lol, I know, so did I when I first saw it, I just had to put it in my signature xD It's fine Silver, I don't mind at all, I was just reminding in case you forgot :) ))

The silver and grey-blue she-wolf was beginning to dose off, eyelids starting to droop. As soon as her bright eyes were completely shut, a splashing sound shook her back into reality. She glanced up, ears perked and eyes filled with curiosity. Then, her nose caught a scent. The whispering winds were telling her, gently speaking to her through the scent. Her eyes flashed open once more as she recognized the scent. She smiled to herself, nearly exploding with joy on the inside. Company!
Looking forward to the other side of the lake, now brightly lit with the newly risen desert dawn sky, her eyes met with those of another wolf. After a brief few seconds, the wolf dipped its head back down for another drink.
Cocking her head to one side curiously, Robin stood up. She padded forward a few steps and dipped her maw down low, lapping the water and pretending that she didn't care about the wolf's presence. Every now and then, she would glance slightly upward to the wolf, who she had decided was a female, and observe her. Now, Robin, being a mature, four year old female, was a respectful wolf. She gave others time to get to know her presence before she approached them. But, she couldn't help it, she hadn't seen a wolf in six months, it was a very happy moment for her.
Four years old, a fully grown adult wolf, at most times, that is what she acted like. But when good things happen, she can turn back into a pup again.
She stepped forward slightly, tail twitching as she tried to resist wagging it madly, and watched the minnows dart around her paws.
She looked forward again, watching carefully, wondering what this she-wolf would do next.
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 04-08-2009 04:25

It seemed that the other female had finally begun to join her where the oasis was. Ears flickering for a few moments, the wolfess noted that the other female had come to the oasis and drank. For a while it seemed that the two only drank from the water. Ears flicking again, the femme could already feels eyes darting her way from the corner of her own eyes every so often. No matter how 'stealthy' this female thought she was, the shewolf believed she knew better. Finally, she stopped drinking before raising her maw up. Her eyes seemed narrowed, and she suddenly noticed this stranger stepped toward her.

Blinking, the female glanced at the other before tilting her head a bit outerways. She noted the wolf's tail was twitching every so often. Ears going back for a moment in a look of annoyance, the wolfess decided to speak.

"If you thought you were being stealthy by taking a few peaks at me, you might wanna practice on lesser beings that wouldn't even be able to tell who they were looking at or when they are being watched."

Okay, it wasn't as happy or as inviting, but at least this wolf didn't go and attack the female in front of her with her approach. There was a thing called personal space, but since this female looked rather friendly, the wolfess tried to say something with a more lighter tone. In truth, she merely spoke what was on her mind. Rash, but at the same time it was true, and she was slightly being sarcastic. It was the other wolfess' reaction that would determine the next few sentences out of this wolf's mouth.

"What's a female like you doing out here?" she asked rather cooly. "Got a name?" she added. Okay, she wasn't polite, and she did cut to the chase. But again, at least she hadn't attacked. It was up to this other female to decide wether to deal with her attitude or not.

lol. i can't wait for the names so i can stop confusing myself xDD ironically robin is older than oasis by a year xD )
ImageImage

The Yena Queen
Pup

Post by The Yena Queen » 04-08-2009 05:29

After staring for a little while, Robin broke her gaze and turned her head downward to drink again. As she did this, she stopped halfway through lapping a mouthful of the clear spring water and closed her eyes, letting out a long sigh. Okay, she was going over there to talk to the female, no big deal. Her stomach churned, she hadn't talked to another in months, but still, she was aching to speak again.

"If you thought you were being stealthy by taking a few peaks at me, you might wanna practice on lesser beings that wouldn't even be able to tell who they were looking at or when they are being watched."

Robin looked up, the female had spoken to her. Well, at least that was a conversation starter, Robin thought. Even though the female's words hadn't been kind, at least they weren't downright cruel.
Robin stood up from the crouch and looked at the female. Her expressive eyes glinted with cheerfulness, but she kept her face calm.
Then, the wolfess spoke again.

"What's a female like you doing out here?" she asked rather cooly.

Robin smiled to herself, but kept her expression calm.
"Well, I live here, I've nowhere else to go."

"Got a name?"

"Yeah, I'm Robin." She said. "You?" She added, enjoying the sound of her own voice after not speaking for such a while.

She hoped that this wolf would be different from the other two females she had met six months earlier, and she had a good feeling about this.

((Boy, is she in for a surprise! :lol: ))
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 04-08-2009 23:07

"Well, I live here, I've nowhere else to go."

The female blinked. "You live here?" she asked. She was almost amazed at how this female could actually think about living in a place such as this. It was, well, it was downright unbelievable for her. There should have been much more that the female could want to see instead of just open sand and water. So much more scenery, away from this hell hole of an endless valley.

"You must be pretty bold to think you can survive in a desert.." she commented rather quietly, ears turned for a moment. It almost made her feel slightly jealous that she didn't want to live here while another seemed to be able to take care of her own in this sea of sand. Slightly competitive even.

"I'm Robin. You?"

The female paused for a moment. "You better not laugh or anything." she commented. Her name was the very word of the lake that was to the side of them. "You'll probably find it humorous, but you'll do well not to chuckle." she added then with a shrug of her shoulders. "The name's Oasis." she said. Watching Robin now, she noticed that the wolf showed signs of enthusiasm and friendlyness. Oh joy, it's just what Oasis needed. Someone who was going to annoy the crap out of her, clingy and bumbly and bright. Also someone who probably would never shut up now that she found someone to talk to.

Of course, Oasis was probably just being bitchy. Hell, she was being too judgemental from the simple friendly signs that Robin was showing off. Judgemental, as well as thinking way ahead of the game than needbe.
ImageImage

The Yena Queen
Pup

Post by The Yena Queen » 07-08-2009 01:05

The female blinked. "You live here?" she asked.

Robin was a little surprised at how shocked the wolfess was. It was safe here, no danger, lots of prey, fresh water, what was wrong with living here?
"Well, yea, I doubt I'd survive if I left, who knows how far off the next safe place is."
The female muttered something quietly, and Robin was barely able to make out what she said.
"You must be pretty bold to think you can survive in a desert.."
Robin heard, but she didn't reply. Apparently this female didn't think much of Robin, and she was probably right. Robin never had much training, and not much knowledge about fighting other than the usual claw and bite.
But, the lack of prey even in the oasis kept her thin.

"You better not laugh or anything." she commented. Her name was the very word of the lake that was to the side of them. "You'll probably find it humorous, but you'll do well not to chuckle." she added then with a shrug of her shoulders. "The name's Oasis."

Oh, wow. Robin nearly snickered a little, but after the unkind warning from Oasis, she rethought it.
"Oasis, that's a pretty name." She said, trying to be kind with a sweet smile.
She sat down, hoping to get a conversation out of this female, and curled her tail around her left side as she usually did.
"So Oasis, what brings you to the desert? You don't seem like someone who likes it out here."
Robin asked, adding a small smile to that.
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 07-08-2009 22:30

"Well, yea, I doubt I'd survive if I left, who knows how far off the next safe place is."

Oasis gave a small scoff. "There are plenty of other safe havens I bet out there. You just gotta use your senses to sniff 'em out is all." she mentioned, placing her paw in the sand as the grains sunk between her toes. Giving a slightly disgusted look, she took her paw out of the sand before shaking it, dusklike grains slowly falling before she placed it down more gently, toes pressed against eachother to stop the flow of sand getting between them.

"In any case, point is, you don't know until you venture." she said then.

"Oasis, that's a pretty name."

Oasis slightly blinked, before glancing to Robin. That sounded almost like a compliment. . . Wait, that was a compliment. "Oh.. yeah well, thanks I guess." she mentioned, giving a slight flustered pout for a moment before saying, "Your name's nice too." It reminded her of those juicy, plump, orange breasted birds... Yum.

"So Oasis, what brings you to the desert? You don't seem like someone who likes it out here."

"Yeah, it's not my kind of environment." she commented. "I've had enough harsh environments for my taste, even though this would probably be the second most horrible place I've ever been in." she mentioned. "Not that anyone who lives in it is horrible, ya know?" she added then. She might have been bold in words, but she still knew where to put her tongue and where to place things. Besides, it wasn't like she didn't have a heart. She just tended to speak rather quick and open minded.

"Anyways, I'm just passing by. So don't expect me to stay for long, unless you decide to tag along and see another part of the area instead of this stuff." she said then with a shrug of her shoulders. Although, this was the first time Oasis had gotten a break, so maybe she'd stay here for a little while. "Call it a 'small vacation', if you will. Won't be staying long, but I guess for now it'll be a good resting spot." she said then. Glancing to Robin, Oasis figured she might as well add her own question into this sudden conversation.

"What made you decide to stick yourself in this place? A desert, of all places?" she asked rather curiously. She didn't really think wolves liked living in these places, even though Robin had a good oasis to stay at, as well as random creatures that could easily venture here for water. It was a good source for water and prey. But still, even with that reason, Oasis felt it stupid to live in such a hot area.
ImageImage

The Yena Queen
Pup

Post by The Yena Queen » 15-11-2009 21:07

((Whew, I'm so late on this, forgive me and my laziness ^^; ))

Robin finally seemed to relax a little, letting the jittering joy die down to a warm feeling of pleasure. Finally being able to finally have a civil conversation was enough for her, even if Oasis decided not to stay.

"Oh.. yeah well, thanks I guess." she mentioned, giving a slight flustered pout for a moment before saying, "Your name's nice too."

A small chuckle escaped Robin's maw. A little embarassed by her eager ways of showing her emotions, (compared to the silent Oasis) Robin covered it up by pretending to clear her throat.

"There are plenty of other safe havens I bet out there. You just gotta use your senses to sniff 'em out is all."
"In any case, point is, you don't know until you venture."

Robin wished she was as brave as Oasis, never until now had Robin thought of leaving what had been her home for so long.
She contentedly listened as Oasis went on, answering Robin's question.

"Yeah, it's not my kind of environment." she commented. "I've had enough harsh environments for my taste, even though this would probably be the second most horrible place I've ever been in." she mentioned. "Not that anyone who lives in it is horrible, ya know?"

"Yeah." Robin agreed, even though she had no memory of any place other than this desert. She wondered what splendid, wonderful things lay out there, just waiting to be discovered. Even though Robin was older than Oasis, she felt a great deal of respect to this wolf. She had seen much more than the desert, unlike Robin, and had a great deal of wisdom. Robin wondered exactly how much of the world she had actually seen, she wondered about the stories Oasis could tell. Though, it would've been rude to ask, thought Robin.

"Anyways, I'm just passing by. So don't expect me to stay for long, unless you decide to tag along and see another part of the area instead of this stuff."
The moment the words left Oasis's mouth, Robin had lost track of what she was saying. Was that an invitation to join her? The flash of exitement on Robin's face said everything, though she decided to stay quiet and listen to the rest of what Oasis was saying.

"What made you decide to stick yourself in this place? A desert, of all places?"

Robin thought for a moment, searching through the back of her mind for answers. Why had she decided to live here?
"Well," Robin began. "I can't really remember, all I know is that I've always lived here, since as far back as I can go."

The truth was, that Robin had lost her childhood memories through a head injury. It hadn't done any serious damage, she could still think and function properly, but it had caused her to black out, and all of her memories of her past were lost.

((Bleh, I might edit this post, I just wanted to get things moving again))