The Scorpion's Daughter

The impressive tropical rainforest of Hekaya, with its amazing waterfalls. Chelewa offers many sheltered places to hide and enough water to live there all year round.

Post by Guest » 08-08-2009 17:10

"Sure," Mars replied happily. "It's always nice to have company," he smiled, his tail wagging slightly as he stood there awkwardly. He felt a bit nervous, as this was the first time he would be hunting with another creature in a long time. He wasn't used to being assertive, so he hoped that she would take the lead.

"So... er...." He was feeling a tad self-conscious now, thinking of all the worst-case scenarios that could happen on a hunt. He could mess up and let the prey get away... or what if it was a big buck and it hurt him? Or worse, hurt Persia? -It didn't occur to him that there were no deer in the rainforest, of course. "..So, what do you usually hunt for meals?" He said, trying to start a conversation.

Shaydie
The Shadow Hound

Post by Shaydie » 14-08-2009 07:33

(Sorrrryyyy againnnnnn~)

Persia smiled gently, patting him on the head with a forepaw when she realized he seemed a little nervous. She motioned with her head to follow, and turned tail, walking along the tree trunk before hopping down into the underbrush, hoping Mars would follow. It was only an afterthought of hers that he might have seen the mark on her back, but it didn't seem to matter much yet.

"Oh, well... I usually get birds... Quail, pidgeons, stuff like that... But every once in a while some nice stranger comes along and offers to help me take down a deer or moose... But I'm pretty sure there are no moose here... Maybe deer... What do you think, Mars?"

Post by Guest » 15-08-2009 23:09

(xD it's fiiiiiiiiiiiiiine.)

Mars smiled a bit as she patted his head and followed submissively. He saw a little more of the white on her back, though in the dim light it looked little more than a big splotch. Besides, he had is own strange red markings, so he decided not to question it.

"Same with me," Mars agreed. "I hunted mostly birds and small rabbits and stuff while I was traveling alone... But I don't know. I'm not sure if there are deer here, it doesn't seem much like the forests with deer in them. Maybe we should just wander around until we find some--" He pinned his ears back, surprised that he had actually been asked his own opinion. Usually he just followed others' commands.

Shaydie
The Shadow Hound

Post by Shaydie » 25-08-2009 20:17

Persia listened intently while Mars spoke. It wasn't often that she got someone to stick around long enough to make conversation, so it was nice that she got to hear another speak freely around her. But then he stopped... Rather abruptly, in fact. She felt her paws come to a halt beneath her, and she turned her head to face him, tilting it slightly.

"Huh? What's the matter, Mars?"

It occurred to her that he might have seen the mark on her back, and her ears pinned back as her head lowered slightly.

"You're... You're not afraid of me, are you?"

Post by Guest » 26-08-2009 05:48

"No, it's not that," Mars replied quickly, a bit confused as to why she would assume that. "It sounds sorta stupid, but..." He laughed a little nervously. "I was the smallest pup in my litter, and my whole pack, so I've always sorta been treated like a weakling. It's just weird having someone ask my own opinion."

Feeling awkward saying it, he studied little details on the ground, near his feet, as he spoke, slowly moving his eyes forward. Then, for the first time, he focused on the strange mark on Persia's back, just as he finished his little speech. Something clicked in his brain, and his expression changed from a bit shy to curious. He almost asked. Then he thought twice, and caught his words.

Did Persia even know that she had a strange marking the shape of a scorpion on her back? That was the thought he was concentrated most on, but he enjoyed having some company for a change, so he decided the chance that he might offend her was too much, and didn't say anything of it.