Friends in need [KAT]

The impressive tropical rainforest of Hekaya, with its amazing waterfalls. Chelewa offers many sheltered places to hide and enough water to live there all year round.
K.A.T
Beta

Post by K.A.T » 26-04-2012 22:57

((lol really? those ugly green piggies? :P don't worry our piggies may be ugly but at least they're not green :happy: ))
"I'm glad to hear it," she smirked, returning his wink and brushing her flank against his. "You'd be the first male I've met to have achieved that little feat."
Hei grinned as he kept his eyes on his prey but answered her anyway, enjoying their light banter back and forth. It had been a long time since he had a fun chat like this and he realized he missed it greatly.

He was brought up with monkeys who had large numbers and so he was never alone and now that he was, he realized how grateful he had been to have so many friends and company then.

"Oh you flatter me with your words. Perhaps you just haven't met enough older males to know that we are nothing like our younger counterparts....well mostly," he joked lightly as he was careful not to step on any twigs or branches and alert the pigs to their presence.

The light sensation of her flank against his was warming as he felt his body enjoying the physical contact with her. But like he said, he was old enough to control his body and didn't let his hormones get the best of him.

Besides, it was just friendly touching, nothing more at the moment.
"Some people prefer a more verbal form of gratitude...but I'll let you off,"[/b]

He didn't answer this one but the smile on his face indicated that he did hear her and the glint in his eyes was evident that he was having fun with their talk.

Hazel who was between them smiled at the good relationship the two seemed to have been building which only meant good things would happen.

If only Kato would come to like Hei, she'd have her own little family and Hei would have no reason to send her off anymore.
"Hazel...I...I don't think so..."
The little pup smiled up at Kato as if she knew something the older female didn't.

"Trust me....you'll see," she simply said with knowing blue eyes and with that seemed so much older at the moment but once she grinned broadly she was back to having a pup mentality.
"No," she said hotly, shooting him an indignant look. "I am perfectly capable of pulling my own weight in a hunt. I'm not an invalid who needs to be looked after."

"I'll have you now I'm graceful on my feet,"
Hei nodded his head as he stopped moving once he was in range of the piggies and smiled at her.

"Exactly how I thought you would answer. To a good hunt for both of us then," he nodded his head to her, respecting her as a great hunter and a very capable female which truly impressed him greatly.

There was nothing more he respected than the ability to take care of oneself and be independent. But that didn't mean he was against support, he just didn't like clinging or overly dependent people.
"Any plan, or are we just going to run at them and take out the closest?"
Hei moved a bit closer to Kato as he got into business mode and bent to whisper into her ear.

"Plan is to pick off a juicy female. They are slower than males and more likely to panic and become separated. I'll rush them and single one out, driving it towards you so that you may deal the finishing blow. Good luck," he told her as he indicated for Kato to remain where she was.

With a small jerk of his head Hazel followed Hei and the two padded off to another side of the herd so that they made direct the herd north and make one veer off course towards where Kato was hiding.

Hei waited for a while, looking to see which one he should decide to pursue and saw a lone female with an injured leg near the edge and decided she was good enough.

Hazel meanwhile climbed onto Hei's back and clung onto him for dear life as then as soon as she was situated and hanging on he burst forth from the undergrowth and rushed towards the herd.

The pigs immediately squealed in fright and scrambled to run away, some bumping into each other in their hurry to leave and they all ran in different directions until they merged together.

Just like he expected, the lone female was lagging behind and he started running at her.

With a frightened squeal and a limp the female tried to turn away from him and succeeding in putting herself on the path straight to Kato with Hei on the pig's tail.

"Heads up!" Hazel called from Hei's back as the black male snapped at the pig's flank to frighten her more and drive her further towards Kato.

toki333
Warrior

Post by toki333 » 27-04-2012 22:56

She kept herself low to the ground as they approached the pigs, watching where she stepped to ensure she didn't make any noise that would alarm their prey and send them squealing and running.
"Oh you flatter me with your words. Perhaps you just haven't met enough older males to know that we are nothing like our younger counterparts....well mostly,"
She shot him an incredulous look, a smile playing at her lips. Nothing like the youngsters, huh? She'd believe that when she saw it.
"Oh...sure," she nudged him playfully, then returned her attention back to the piggies again, frowning in concentration. She wanted to hunt well, to prove that she was as good as any male. That, and she wanted to impress Hei.

She noted how he seemed to enjoy the small bits of physical contact they had, and smirked. Maybe, just maybe, Hazel could be right...

...and the more she thought about, the more she was warming to the idea.

She glanced down at Hazel, who was still walking between them, and caught her smiling up at them, evidently pleased about something. She almost looked like she was...scheming, plotting. Kato couldn't help but grin at the pup's expression.

"Trust me....you'll see,"
Hazel looked up at her with some sort of undefinable knowledge glinting in her eyes. She smiled back down at the pup but didn't make any comment. Instead, she glanced aside at Hei who was probably too busy with thinking about their potential dinner than anything the two girls were discussing.

She'd ask him about it later, maybe. If he couldn't talk to her then obviously he didn't yet trust her, and such intimate feelings wouldn't be possible to harbour...right?

"Exactly how I thought you would answer. To a good hunt for both of us then,"
"To a good hunt," she nodded in agreement, pressing herself close to the ground again, her hackles raised in anticipation of the hunt. She'd have to be swift, strong. She only hoped her neck, back and legs wouldn't give her any trouble - the last thing she wanted was to let them down.

"Plan is to pick off a juicy female. They are slower than males and more likely to panic and become separated. I'll rush them and single one out, driving it towards you so that you may deal the finishing blow. Good luck," he told her as he indicated for Kato to remain where she was.
She nodded as he explained, settling herself into position as she watched Hei and Hazel stalk to the other side of the herd. They were downwind, which made the hogs raise their heads in curiosity, but they dismissed it thankfully. Kato let out a breath she hadn't realised she'd been holding for the past few minutes, relieved that - so far - everything was going fine. The piggies remained blissfully unaware.

She could tell which one Hei would go for almost instantly - an injured female who had drifted away from her group slightly. Easy pickings. She waited patiently for her prey to be driven back towards her by Hei, crouching low, ready to run and pounce.

She looked up slightly as she heard the pigs squeal and begin to flee, kicking up dirt as they scrambled away from Hei and Hazel, who was hanging on to his back. Kato dipped her head again, remaining unseen by the female that had changed direction and had begun to run towards her.

"Heads up!" Hazel called from Hei's back as the black male snapped at the pig's flank to frighten her more and drive her further towards Kato.
She hardly needed the warning. Once the pig had run close enough she sprang, covering the remaining distance between her and her prey in a long leaping stride. She aimed for the jugular, her teeth snapping down around the pig's neck, while she slammed all her body weight into her prey to force them down.

The pig, surprisingly, hardly put up a fight. She squealed and thrashed, throwing her head around in an attempt to catch Kato with her tusks, but she remained determindely out of reach of the ghastly looking things' way.

Once the pig had gone limp she removed her teeth from its throat, looking around as she panted, her dark muzzle covered in blood. She grinned broadly at Hei, satisfied with their hunt.
"Dinner is served," she licked the blood from around her chops, yawning widely and stepping back to allow Hei first access to the kill. The pig was small, but would sustain them.

Kato sat down as she felt herself beginning to ache again, and stretched her neck to try and relieve the pain in it. She sighed heavily, sliding down so she was lying on her belly.

"You can have first dibs," she told the pair, still panting slightly. She began to lick her paws, nibbling at the fur around her pads, her breathing eventually slowing as the pain subsided. A good meal and some rest - then she'd be right as rain. The more she kept telling herself that, the more she should start to believe it... What was it they said? The first step to recovery was the right mindset?
K.A.T
Beta

Post by K.A.T » 28-04-2012 22:30

Hei chased the pig to Kato and then saw Kato spring from her hiding place. While Kato took on the female pig Hei stood nearby just in case something happened but he could see that Kato didn't need his help at all. Plus it seemed the pig was not trying too hard either, like it already knew its end had come and it just peacefully gave up its life.

That was good, it would have been unpleasant if the pig put up a fight and had accidentally injured Kato.

While Hei watched Hazel was bouncing up and down on his back, her paws grabbing his black mane and watching with glee, her blue eyes bright and her tongue hanging out as she waited for Kato to win the fight.
Once the pig had gone limp she removed her teeth from its throat, looking around as she panted, her dark muzzle covered in blood. She grinned broadly at Hei, satisfied with their hunt.
"Dinner is served," she licked the blood from around her chops, yawning widely and stepping back to allow Hei first access to the kill. The pig was small, but would sustain them.
The pig fell and Hei felt the weight lift from his back as Hazel bounded off and ran towards Kato and the felled piggy.

She didn't even look the least bit bothered by Kato's muzzle being covered in blood as she danced around Kato's kill with her bushy tail wagging and a happy smile on her face.

"Oh yay!!! That was awesome Kato! Can you teach me how to hunt like that? Pretty please? Hei won't teach me cuz he says I'm too young," Hazel pleaded as she made a puppy dog face at Kato as Hei walked over to them.

"I have reasons that I don't want you hunting yet Hazel, and you know them," he told her as he sat down and Hazel's ears turned back in shyness as she eyed Hei and then looked at Kato with her bushy tail wagging.

Hei indicated the pig and looked at Hazel.

"Go eat, you first," he told her and Hazel's eyes lit up as she bounded towards the pig and started tearing into the stomach.
Kato sat down as she felt herself beginning to ache again, and stretched her neck to try and relieve the pain in it. She sighed heavily, sliding down so she was lying on her belly.

"You can have first dibs," she told the pair, still panting slightly. She began to lick her paws, nibbling at the fur around her pads, her breathing eventually slowing as the pain subsided.
From the corner of Hei's navy blue eyes, he was watching Kato again and noticed she looked tired again and sore. Probably from Hazel jumping on her and having to exert energy to bring the pig down. While he didn't want to baby her, he didn't want her to push herself too far either.

Hei noticed that Kato was resting so he took her offer of eating before her, going next to Hazel, ripping a leg off with a crunch and then sitting down and looking at Kato with a smile.

"Thank you for the meal," he told her and then dug in while Hazel was scrambling over the large pig chomping at the belly as she smiled with a mouthful at Kato and resumed chomping.
toki333
Warrior

Post by toki333 » 29-04-2012 14:59

She smiled as she watched Hazel jump off Hei's back and bound over to her, her tail wagging frantically. Kato wiped the blood of her face with a paw and nuzzle Hazel affectionately.
"Oh yay!!! That was awesome Kato! Can you teach me how to hunt like that? Pretty please? Hei won't teach me cuz he says I'm too young," Hazel pleaded as she made a puppy dog face at Kato as Hei walked over to them.
"He has good reason not to teach you. You are too young," she smirked. "But I promise I'll teach you when you're old enough."

She glanced aside as Hei walked over to join them, and she bowed her head to him in respect. "Good hunt," she congratulated him.

"I have reasons that I don't want you hunting yet Hazel, and you know them," he told her as he sat down and Hazel's ears turned back in shyness as she eyed Hei and then looked at Kato with her bushy tail wagging.
"See. I told you so," she poked her tongue out at Hazel playfully. "Valid reasons, I'm sure."

She grinned as Hazel ran towards the pig and dug straight in. If she hadn't seen her napping before, she'd still be convinced the pup's energy was endless. But that was the thing with young ones wasn't it? They seemed to have the largest supply of energy in the world, and the shortest attention spans to go with it. She chuckled lightly to herself and glanced aside at Hei. How he'd managed all this time on his own she'd never know, but she certainly admired him for it.

She noticed he was watching her too, out of the corner of his eye. He accepted her offer to eat first and tore himself off a leg, settling down to eat it whilst smiling at her.
"Thank you for the meal," he told her and then dug in while Hazel was scrambling over the large pig chomping at the belly as she smiled with a mouthful at Kato and resumed chomping.
"You're welcome," she returned their smiles then went back to licking her paws again, sighing contentedly to herself. Once she'd recovered enough she got up to join them, lying down and setting in to chewing at the rump, tearing at the flesh hungrily. After swallowing her first mouthful, she turned to Hei, tail brushing along the ground as it wagged back and forth slowly.

"Can I talk with you? Later?" She hesitated, glanced at Hazel, then added: "In private?"
K.A.T
Beta

Post by K.A.T » 30-04-2012 07:31

Hei ate but kept his ears alert as he listened in on Kato speaking to Hazel as the young pup looked up to the female wolf in amazement. He could obviously see how much Kato meant to Hazel now in such a short amount of time; the bonding the pup had to the female wolf was astonishing even Hei was amazed. Hazel didn't even warm up to him that fast actually.

In truth once he had "adopted" Hazel and left Han's pack, he spent three days trying to get the pup to trust him enough since she had just been abandoned by her mother after all. After three days the little pup spoke to him and from there on out they were fast friends.

But in less than a day, Hazel was already clinging to Kato like a pup would to her mother.

Amazing....
"He has good reason not to teach you. You are too young," she smirked. "But I promise I'll teach you when you're old enough."
Hazel pouted as she turned to glance at Hei and the black male gave her a I-told-you-so grin but he was only playing. Hazel stuck her tongue out at him playfully but both knew that they were only joking with each other.

Hei chuckled as he saw Hazel pretend to give him the cold shoulder to which he laughed as a response and he could see the twitching of Hazel's mouth as she struggled not to laugh or smile.

In the end Hazel laughed as Hei chuckled and the young coydog turned back to Kato with a blinding grin of pearly whites.
"See. I told you so," she poked her tongue out at Hazel playfully. "Valid reasons, I'm sure."
Hazel giggled as she nodded her head, lying on top of the pig carcass as she looked at Kato and then glanced at Hei, rolling her eyes in exasperation at the adults with her. Oh how troublesome they could be! But they were so much fun!

"Yeah yeah I know. But hey can't blame me for trying! Maybe one day I can trick you guys into promising me," she joked with a light giggle as she then went back to biting the meat and chomping cutely, her bushy tail wagging so hard Hei was afraid it would fall right off her little behind.
"Good hunt," she congratulated him.

"You're welcome,"
Hei nodded to her as he licked his maw.

"Ah yes and to you, well done," he told her, smiled and went back to eating his leg of pig. Oh it was delicious, so tender and juicy, the female had been a young to middle aged one, so unfortunate that it had sustained an injury to cause it to become a target for predators.

He gave thanks to the pig that gave up its life for their nutrients.
"Can I talk with you? Later?" She hesitated, glanced at Hazel, then added: "In private?"
His black ears flickered as he looked up at Kato and a blank look, somewhat confused, came upon his face as he looked at her.

Quietly he glanced over at Hazel, saw her hanging over the pig but her back was facing towards them so she couldn't hear their conversation. Hei returned his attention to Kato and nodded his head, a serious look on his face.

"Of course, later tonight when the little one is sleeping," he told her with a nod as he returned to eating and finishing off his leg.

He wondered what Kato had to talk to him about? Perhaps curious about his and Hazel's past? Well certainly he didn't mind.
toki333
Warrior

Post by toki333 » 01-05-2012 20:29

((Sorry I didn't reply to this before!))
"Yeah yeah I know. But hey can't blame me for trying! Maybe one day I can trick you guys into promising me."
"Don't bank on it," Kato winked playfully. She meant it though - she would keep her promise. The more she thought about it, the more she knew Hazel needed a tutor, a mother. She needed someone to gossip about boys with, to teach her how to use her looks to her advantage, how to hunt, how to select a perfect den, how to track, to dig, to raise a family. The sort of things mothers were meant to do with their daughters.

Kato's eyes widened slightly at that thought.

Daughter?

Hazel wasn't her daughter. She never would be. Not biologically anyway. She could adopt her, but would Hei like that, approve of that? Would Hazel want that? And what would that do to the three's relationship? It could cause a rift between Hei and Hazel, which was something Kato would hate to be the cause of, and what of hers an Hei's friendship - or whatever it was?

She watched Hazel carefully as she ate, the female clearly lost in thought as she turned everything over in her head.

Maybe that was something she could discuss with Hei at a later date. There was no use in rushing into things, least of all with a pup involved.

"Ah yes and to you, well done."
She smiled at his words but said nothing, still lost in her thoughts. She returned to chomping on the pig's rump, her teeth sinking into the succulent meat. Blood was running in rivulets over the hairy skin and down Kato's chin, and she lapped it up hungrily.

"Of course, later tonight when the little one is sleeping," he told her with a nod as he returned to eating and finishing off his leg.

Kato nodded at his answer, going back to eating again. It'd have to wait then. She was happy to wait, so long as she got some answers.

Once she'd finished eating she got to her feet, stretched, yawned and licked the blood from her mouth and paws. She looked to Hei inquisitively.
"So...what's next?" She asked, tail wagging softly.

((ARGH. Sorry this is so bad! Work has just popped up from nowhere! ;A; ))
K.A.T
Beta

Post by K.A.T » 12-05-2012 21:43

"Don't bank on it," Kato winked playfully.
Hazel laughed as she winked back at Kato.

"LIke I said, can't blame a little girl for trying. But I'll have you know I'm sneakier than you think," she said with a triumphant wave of her tail and stuck her tongue out at Hei in playfulness.

The black male smiled as he looked at her with a glint of mischief in his eyes.

"I'm not sure you should be spilling your plans to us there Hazel. A master sneak never reveals her plans," he said in an attempt to make her realize her own mistake and succeeded as Hazel gasped and clapped a paw over her snout.

"Forget I said anything," she said as she busied herself with stuffing her face of food causing Hei to chuckle at her naivete but also her cuteness.

He would never get tired to Hazel's presence he was certainly sure of that. He was well over the age of having pups himself and doubted that he would find a mate anytime soon to have any of his own but he had long realized that if he didn't have any it didn't bother him much for he had Hazel and he thought of her as his own sometimes.

He just hoped that perhaps Hazel's judgment was right, for her sake, on Kato being the one to fulfil the motherly aspects of parenting to the young coydog as Hei was sure Hazel couldn't wait anymore.
Once she'd finished eating she got to her feet, stretched, yawned and licked the blood from her mouth and paws. She looked to Hei inquisitively.
"So...what's next?" She asked, tail wagging softly.
Hei had finished his meal and was just waiting for the two and smiled as he turned to regard Kato.

But as he opened his mouth, his blue eyes suddenly became serious and he became quiet instantly and raised a paw to his lips to signify silence. Hazel lifted her head from her own food and became silent as she saw Hei's signal.

Silently as if he just floated up, Hei stood up onto his paws and became alert, ears tipped forward as he was looking at something way ahead of where they were.

Soon the sounds of faint voices and footsteps were heard as well as the rustling of the undergrowth. Hints of figures were seen in the distance and Hei lowered his body to the ground as the three of them waitied for the strangers to pass.

They drifted by soon enough but Hei got a feeling that wasn't the last time they would see them.

Once the coast was clear he returned his look to Kato.

"I'd say we head back to our cave now and cover up our tracks in case any visitors decide to snoop around. Hazel let's go," he said to the young girl and she nodded, immediately obeying and trotted over to Hei and Kato as fast and quiet as she could.

Hei looked at Kato and nodded his head for her to lead the way back to the cave as he decided to cover their scent by throwing dirt and scented vegetation over the kill in order to eliminate their scent and trail.
toki333
Warrior

Post by toki333 » 13-05-2012 11:59

"LIke I said, can't blame a little girl for trying. But I'll have you know I'm sneakier than you think,"
A smile pricked at Kato's lips and she chuckled lightly to herself. "Oh really?" She teased, raising an eyebrow and batting Hazel playfully across the head with her paw.
"I'm not sure you should be spilling your plans to us there Hazel. A master sneak never reveals her plans," he said in an attempt to make her realize her own mistake and succeeded as Hazel gasped and clapped a paw over her snout.

"Forget I said anything,"
She winked at Hei and nodded at his words. "Oh, he's right! Now we know what you're up to, we can put our OWN plans into place..." She narrowed her eyes at Hazel and lowered her body, as if to pounce. "But you will never know when, where and how WE'LL strike..."

She laughed as the pup covered her mouth with her paw, and grinned at Hei. "Perhaps you shouldn't have told her her mistake. Now she may invest more cunning in her techniques."

It felt good to be so relaxed, in such good company, with good food. This was certainly the most decent meal she'd had in a long while - and the most pleasant companions she had, too, since leaving her birth pack.

She stared at Hei questioningly as he went to answer her question, but stopped in favour of requesting silence. Her eyes narrowed and her ears perked to try and pick up whatever it was that had caught the normally calm male's attention.

Oh god....what if it was those three again...?

She tried not to show her panic, especially as so far there didn't seem to be such a cause for concern. But then she heard it - faint voices and footsteps as if someone was moving in the foliage around them. Watching them. They could see Hei, Hazel and Kato - but the three could not see them, apart from the odd shadow here and there betraying their presence.

Kato shot Hei a nervous look, her eyes wide with fear. It had to be them. And if it was, she'd lead them right to Hei and Hazel. And now they'd be in trouble because of her mistake.

The figures passed, a tense silence falling over the three as they waited for the coast to be clear. When Hei turned to face her again, Kato relaxed.

"Maybe they smelled the food, and were hungry?" She offered the explanation, though her voice betrayed that she hadn't much confidence in that idea.
"I'd say we head back to our cave now and cover up our tracks in case any visitors decide to snoop around. Hazel let's go," he said to the young girl and she nodded, immediately obeying and trotted over to Hei and Kato as fast and quiet as she could.

Kato nodded at the plan and she began trotting in the direction of the cave Hei had pointed out earlier, her nose to ground as she tried to see if she could pick up the scent of the strangers. If they were around the cave, then their escape route was already, in theory, cut off.

Once they reached the cave she sniffed around the entrance, ensuring it was not already someone else's property, and that no nasty surprises were waiting inside. Content that it was safe she padded in, yawning widely and shivering at the cold now what few rays of light the leaves overhead let in were blocked out.
The rock around them was cold and she lay down, resting her head on her paws as she stared up at Hei.

"Who do you think they were?" She asked him, her voice low and quiet. He was probably as in the dark as she was about their identities, but there was no harm in asking, was there?
K.A.T
Beta

Post by K.A.T » 13-05-2012 23:05

Hei was kicking dirt onto their trail and throwing some dead undergrowth everywhere to eliminate their scents. His carefully calculated pawsteps made sure he didn't make any noise as he walked backwards, following Kato and Hazel while watching their backs as well as keeping his eyes on anything that could make a sudden move.
"Maybe they smelled the food, and were hungry?"
Hei was satisfied at his covering abilities and now turned around so that he was trotting closely behind the two females.

"Well if that be the case, let's give them the food shall we? Best not to argue over some morsels when there are plenty to go around," he said as he walked with them back to the cave that was nicely hidden from plain sight.

It was a cave that was covered with moss and vines that it was difficult to distinguish it from the surrounding vegetation. In its position, the back of the cave faced a stream not too far away and it was situated underneath a small slope, the perfect spot to hide and many thrush and ferns and hanging vines obscured the entrance.

He turned around and made sure they weren't followed as Kato sniffed around the outside to make sure that the cave hadn't had any unexpected visitors while they were gone.

For a moment Hei stayed outside and held his body low as he shooed Hazel inside and he kept watch to make sure everything was okay as he headed in after the small coydog.

Hazel ran to where Kato was and settled next to her belly and huddled there. The cave was not too small but not too big, it was a good fit for two adults and one pup and Hei settled himself near the opposite wall facing Hazel and Kato.
"Who do you think they were?" She asked him, her voice low and quiet.
Hei gave her a reassuring smile.

"Probably just some rift raft wandering around. Nothing to worry about Kato. But I'll keep watch to you can rest easy," he told her with a nod and Hazel yawned as she had a full belly and laid her head on her paws as she closed her eyes and most promptly fell asleep.

Hei chuckled quietly at the sight and looked at Kato now.

"If you're wondering if it's those three, I doubt it. I got a whiff of fear and anxiety so that doesn't sound like the three that you tangoed with. It'll be fine Kato," he told her as his blue eyes sparkled in the dark cave and he turned his gaze outside to watch for danger.
toki333
Warrior

Post by toki333 » 01-06-2012 22:29

Hei was satisfied at his covering abilities and now turned around so that he was trotting closely behind the two females.

"Well if that be the case, let's give them the food shall we? Best not to argue over some morsels when there are plenty to go around," he said as he walked with them back to the cave that was nicely hidden from plain sight.

Kato nodded hesitantly, glancing over her shoulder as they walked away from their kill. "Yeah," she said slowly, gradually turning her head back around and smiling diffidently at Hei. How he managed to remain so calm with the threat of unidentified, and possible unfriendly, strangers around she had no idea. But then again, he hadn't had the recent experience she had had, so that probably explained her unusual nervousness.

Why was she nervous anyway? If it was those three brutes then the pair of them could easily fend them off, surely? And also, she did have Hei to, heaven forbid, save her if push came to shove and everything went pear shaped.

That was some small relief, she supposed, and her smile became less forced at the thought of it. No. They'd be fine. She was being stupid.

She gladly let Hazel cuddled into her side, and grinned at her warmly. She seemed entirely unfazed by it all - which was good. The last thing they needed was a hyper, worried pup on their paws.

"Probably just some rift raft wandering around. Nothing to worry about Kato. But I'll keep watch to you can rest easy," he told her with a nod and Hazel yawned as she had a full belly and laid her head on her paws as she closed her eyes and most promptly fell asleep.
"Thanks," she bowed her head slightly gratefully, her eyes fluttering shut occasionally as, with her belly full, she felt sleep starting to tug at her. Her heart lurched at the sight of the sleeping Hazel, and she brushed her tongue gently over the pup's head a few times, softly so as not to wake her. She smiled then looked back to Hei again, more relaxed now.

"If you're wondering if it's those three, I doubt it. I got a whiff of fear and anxiety so that doesn't sound like the three that you tangoed with. It'll be fine Kato," he told her as his blue eyes sparkled in the dark cave and he turned his gaze outside to watch for danger.
How had he known...?

"Ah...alright," she hesitated, unsure whether or not to admit to her having been afraid or not. "If you say so. I was silly being worried, anyway. If you get tired let me know, and we can switch 'duty'."

She glanced over him to look outside the cave being yawning widely and resting her head on her paws, falling asleep with a heavy sigh.