Friends in need [KAT]

The impressive tropical rainforest of Hekaya, with its amazing waterfalls. Chelewa offers many sheltered places to hide and enough water to live there all year round.
toki333
Warrior

Friends in need [KAT]

Post by toki333 » 15-04-2012 22:06

Kato had, by some small miracle, managed to escape the three brutes that had cornered her, abused her and taken her back to their lair to keep as their own toy. At the very thought of it she felt her lips curling back into a snarl.

She was exhausted. The second she'd been given the opportunity to run she'd done so, and had been fleeing in the opposite direction to their cave ever since. She stopped rarely, normally just to drink or catch her breath, but she knew soon she would have to find shelter and properly rest. It would be a crying shame if she had come all this was just to die from overexhaustion. She'd left the temperate climate of the mixed deciduous and coniferous forest, and had sought refuge in the clammy rainforest.
Not a bone in her body didn't scream in agony for her to stop running, stop pushing herself to her limit and beyond. She'd never been as scared as she was now. It wasn't the fear of going back to the life she'd led before, acting as nothing more than a pleasure toy to the males, but more what they'd do to her if they caught her. Would they kill her? Attack her like before?

She shook her head to clear it and pressed on, easily clearing felled trees and rocks in her path, the ferns and other bushes smacking her in the face as she sprinted past them. At least she had speed and stealth on her side. She may not have been heavily built, strong or an impressive fighter, but she sure could make a hasty retreat.

Eventually she slowed her running to a walk, her tongue lolling out of her mouth as she panted from the heat and exertions. She'd have to find water soon, and most likely somewhere to stop for the night. Twilight was already settling in - not that much light seeemed to reach the rainforest floor - and while she wanted desperately to keep running, she also wanted to sleep.

"Enough," she told herself. She came to a clear with a pool in it, fed by a small stream. Cautiously she left the shelter of the treeline and approached the water's edge, dipping her muzzle to lap at the liquid and sighing happily as its coolness quenched her thirst. Finally giving in to her tiredness, she collapsed onto the soft, damp grass near the pool's bank, still panting. Slowly she lowered her head on her paws, her eyes fluttering closed - though she remaining alert for any sign of danger. She doubted the males would follow her this far - she wasn't worth it - but still the worry nagged at her and prevented her from getting to sleep.

Her ears pricked as she heard movement, and the hairs along her spine bristled. Clearly whoever it was didn't seem too bothered about being found as they trepsed about the undergrowth so, while her nerves were still roused, she realised it was unlikely to be the three males who'd harmed her. Still, a lump formed in her throat and her stomach flipped with nerves at the thought of being found by whoever it was before she'd had adequate rest.

"Who's there?" She challenged the surrounding trees, slowly getting to her feet and wincing at the pain in her neck from their bites, and the dull ache in her legs. "Show yourselves! I'll fight you if I must!"
But she wouldn't, and she knew it. She was too weak at the moment, as much as she hated to admit it. Her safest bet was to run - but even then she wouldn't get very far before her stamina would fail her.

Why were others so cruel and heartless as to prey on clearly helpless individuals.

Growing tired of the silence she was faced with, and unsure of whether or not she had been hearing things or the stranger had moved on, she shouted out again to the dark tree line: "I'm waiting!" She cursed herself inwardly when her voice wavered with nerves. The last thing she wanted to do was let the unknown presence know that she was scared. That in itself gave them an immediate advantage over her.

-----

OOC: Sorry this is so....iffy...
K.A.T
Beta

Post by K.A.T » 16-04-2012 21:01

It had been yet another long week. A long week with no success, Hei was again met with the same result he received every time he tried--refusal from families to adopt the little bouncing ball of trouble by his legs.

The tall dark wolf turned his navy blue eyes to his young companion and she turned and smiled up at him innocently, practically leaking innocence yet he knew that she was partly the reason why she was yet again not adopted.

Not to say that he didn't like her company.

No that was certainly not the case with Hei. He and Hazel had been together for quite some time now and he was the one who had opted to take her away from Han's pack in the first place, knowing well that a pack like Han's would never be an ideal place for Hazel to grow up in.

The dark wolf remembered the day the two left Han's pack like it was just yesterday. The memory lingered in the back of his mind as he was constantly reminded of the brutality and crudeness of wolves and other creatures, basically the cruelness of life.

Due to the simple and insignificant fact that both Hei and Hazel were part coyote (and in Hazel's case part dog) neither wolf, coyote, nor dog wished to see them on equal terms and looked down upon them....as if like rodents that could be so easily terminated.

It disgusted Hei to no end that people could be so bigoted and simple minded. Was there something wrong with being mixed? Did it offend others that were not mixed? He didn't understand why they should be the ones offended...as a matter of fact it should be he and Haze who should be offended at the stupidity of others.

But enough thoughts about those idiots. Hei knew that with his upbringing with monkeys, he would prove to be a lacking parental figure to the young female coydog pup that was currently trying to climb his leg at the moment. He had attempted to try and find Hazel a good family to adopt her but try as he might, she did her best to get the families to reject her. She would act crazy, spoiled, a complete brat, and it was obvious if she acted like that no one, no matter how considerate, would want to feed another mouth like that.

Haze for her part did not understand why her older companion who she started to see as a father try so hard to give her away, it didn't make sense in her simple mind. She liked him and wanted to stay with him, and yet even though he tells her he likes her, he tries to give her away.

It was crazy!!!!

Currently Hei was resting under the sun, its rays warming his body as his eyes were closed but his ears were ever alert and tuned in to Hazel's every move.

The young coydog was wide awake and was busy occupying herself with chasing a butterfly. Knowing that Hei would be upset if she wandered too far, her curiosity and eagerness led her to chase the flying bug without realizing she had wandered.

"Who's there?" She challenged the surrounding trees, slowly getting to her feet and wincing at the pain in her neck from their bites, and the dull ache in her legs. "Show yourselves! I'll fight you if I must!"

Hazel gasped and immediately stopped any movments. The butterfly fluttered away as the young pup's heart was thumping against her chest as she held her breath and looked around.

"Oh no! I wandered away from Hei! Who's that? Are they going to eat me?" simple young thoughts ran through the pup's head as she hid herself, pressing her body against the ground and trying to be as small as possible.

Silence passed and for a second Hazel thought that whoever had shouted had left thinking that she wasn't there. But she wasn't so lucky and her heart nearly leaped out of her chest when the stranger shouted again.

"I'm waiting!"

"YIP!!" Hazel unconsciously and instinctively let out a squeal of fright and immediately tried to shut her mouth but she knew the damage was done. She had given herself away and it would only be a matter of time before the stranger found her.

Should she run? Should she confront the stranger? For some reason Hazel felt that the stranger wouldn't hurt her....suicidal thought as Hei had told her before, but she trusted her gut feelings.

Slowly, she crept out of the grass and bushels that hid her to see a brown wolf standing near water. It was an older female, not as old as Hei but obviously older than herself.

"U-um please don't hurt me....I didn't mean to scare you....I-I was just chasing a butterfly when I got separated from my friend," she said meekly to the stranger with her ears turned back and tail low.

Hei had unknowingly dozed off for a second and when he was listening for Hazel he was shocked to realized that he couldn't hear her and that meant she had wandered away.

Immediately he was up on his paws and had his nose to the ground searching for the young girl.
toki333
Warrior

Post by toki333 » 16-04-2012 21:21

There were obvious noises of rustling in the foliage ahead, and Kato strained to pinpoint where exactly they were coming from. They had been making enough of a racket to be larger than a cat, that she was sure of, but whether or not they were larger than her she couldn't tell.

"YIP!!"

At the sound of a yelp Kato flattened her ears, sighing exasperatedly. By the sound of it, the idea of a fight wasn't welcome, which she was thankful for. Still, the sound that had emitted from the dark treeline had not sounded like the sort of noise a full grown wolf would make. Or anything full grown, for that matter.
Dismissing the noise as nothing more than a bird taking flight she went back to lapping at the water again, her eyes watching her surroundings in case anyone should try and ambush her. She laughed at her own paranoia. This was ridiculous.

Slowly, she crept out of the grass and bushels that hid her to see a brown wolf standing near water. It was an older female, not as old as Hei but obviously older than herself.

At the sound of foliage being disturbed again, Kato looked up, licking the water droplets from her muzzle as she watched the place the sound was coming from. The bushes rustled and parted to reveal a young pup, who looked more like an odd, mongrel dog than any sort of wolf. Kato couldn't help but let a smile spread across her face.

A pup. She'd been startled by a pup?

You're getting edgy, she told herself, wagging her tail to show the youngster she didn't mean any harm - and certainly had no intentions of resorting to violence, as her previous comments may have suggested.

"U-um please don't hurt me....I didn't mean to scare you....I-I was just chasing a butterfly when I got separated from my friend," she said meekly to the stranger with her ears turned back and tail low.
She felt her heart sink at the pup's words. She look petrified. Kato continued wagging her tail, slowly approaching the pup with a smile on her face.
"Hurt you?" She tilted her head to the side. "And why would I do that?"

Still, there was some cause for concern. Pups were rarely left on their own, she knew, so others had to be nearby. Indeed, she'd even said she'd been separated from her friend. That friend could be anywhere. And anyone.

Swallowing her own worries, Kato softly gave the pup a quick lick on the top of her head reassuringly. "I can help you find your friend, if you like. You shouldn't run off though, you know. You're lucky you ran into me and not someone else."
She held back a shudder at the thought of 'someone else'.

"My name's Kato," she introduced herself, stepping around the pup and heading into the bushels where she'd emerged from. "What's yours?"

Kato could briefly make out other noises of movement in the surrounding rainforest, and remained ready to run at the first sign of danger. Maybe she was being too trusting of the pup. She looked harmless, but what if that was just a ruse? A way of leading her into danger? She cursed herself for being so stupid as to offer her aid straight away.

This would only end badly, she was sure.
K.A.T
Beta

Post by K.A.T » 16-04-2012 23:21

Hazel stood there, hunched over, tail between her legs and ears flattened, body ready to run back to Hei if this stranger female wanted to attack her. Hei had always told her to not be too trusting of strangers and she knew he would get mad and worried if something were to happen to her.
wagging her tail to show the youngster she didn't mean any harm - and certainly had no intentions of resorting to violence, as her previous comments may have suggested.
At the sign of the female wagging her tail, Hazel relaxed a bit more but not completely as she remembered that adults can be good pretenders and it was always wise to be ready for anything as she was trained by Hei to do.

But she did let up slightly as she no longer had her ears flattened and her eyes were a bit brighter, now, showing the female that she, ironically of all things, meant no harm. She was happy to say at least that the female didn't seem dangerous.

Actually Hazel had good gut instinct and when she felt that another met no harm usually she was right. She trusted her judgment. This female was okay, and so Hazel loosened up and smiled at her, wagging her tail and hoping she wouldn't figure out she was part dog and coyote and chase her away in hate or disgust.
"Hurt you?" She tilted her head to the side. "And why would I do that?"
Hazel gave her a small smile and a slight wag of her tail.

"Well let's just say not all adults are nice. I would know first hand, but you seem like a nice person so that's good. Hei has taught me not to be too trusting of people, especially since I'm....well me I guess hehe," she giggled as she looked up at the taller she-wolf.
"I can help you find your friend, if you like. You shouldn't run off though, you know. You're lucky you ran into me and not someone else."
Hazel smiled at her warmly, now warming up to the female as she was showing kindness.

"It's okay, I'm sure Hei'll be here any time soon, he's always able to find me. And yeah he's gonna scold me for wandering off without him, I just know it but hey I'm lucky I bumped into you then," she laughed as she danced around the female playfully.
"My name's Kato," she introduced herself, stepping around the pup and heading into the bushels where she'd emerged from. "What's yours?"
Hazel lowered her upper body to the ground, her rump wiggling in the air along with her bushy tan and sand colored tail not usually seen in wolves.

"I'm Hazel, nice to meet you Kato! Oh look here comes my friend. Hei!!! Over here!!!" she gave her name but once she saw a tall dark figure in the corner of her blue eyes she cheerfully shouted to get his attention.

Hei had easily found Hazel's scent and tracking her had been no hard trouble as his tall form walked through the grasses and bushes.

With his height he saw Hazel from afar and near the young coydog was a female wolf. At first Hei narrowed his eyes skeptically but then realized that Hazel wasn't scared so that must mean the female was okay...for now.

Hazel bounded around and ran to her tall friend and weaved in and out of his long lean legs as he walked towards the female wolf.

Upon reaching her he bowed his head to her in greeting and gave her a pleasant but on guard smile.

"I'm sorry if this little one has inconvienced you in any way, thank you for looking after her," he said to her, his navy eyes genuine.

Hazel bounded from Hei to Kato and looked from one to the other and her ears stood tall as her tail shook.

"Hei, this is my new friend Kato. Kato meet Hei, he's like my daddy," she said with a cute smile as she stood in between the two adults and smiled, hoping the two would be friends.

Hei nodded his head in greeting to her.

"Nice to meet you Kato," he said cordially to her as he sat his tall skinny frame down so he wouldn't seem imposing.
toki333
Warrior

Post by toki333 » 17-04-2012 19:14

"Well let's just say not all adults are nice. I would know first hand, but you seem like a nice person so that's good. Hei has taught me not to be too trusting of people, especially since I'm....well me I guess hehe," she giggled as she looked up at the taller she-wolf.
Kato couldn't help herself but smile at the pup's antics. No. Not all adults were nice. In fact the majority she'd met during her time alone had been utter jackasses at the very least. Her ears perked at the mention of 'Hei'. Who was Hei - where they her friend?

She felt her stomach flip at the thought of them being male. She wanted to steer out of their way for a while, she figured. At least until she was back to original strength again. She kept silent though, grinning at the pup's giggle.

"This 'Hei' of yours is right. But there's nothing wrong with being you. I think you're alright," she laughed lightly with the pup, her tail wagging on its own now. Youngsters always seemed to have a way of rubbing their happiness off on others.

"It's okay, I'm sure Hei'll be here any time soon, he's always able to find me. And yeah he's gonna scold me for wandering off without him, I just know it but hey I'm lucky I bumped into you then," she laughed as she danced around the female playfully.

Kato froze slightly. So this Hei was a male? She forced a smile for the pup as she danced around her. "Well...he's right to scold you, you know."

"I'm Hazel, nice to meet you Kato! Oh look here comes my friend. Hei!!! Over here!!!"

She smiled warmly in response. Hazel. That was a nice name. It suited her. She was about to say how nice it was meet her too - and it was, as she felt cheered up just by her short conversation with her - but the pup was off talking again.

Kato whirled around to see who she was shouting to, narrowing her eyes when she saw a dark figure emerging from the surrounding shrubbery. Best make this short and sweet, she decided.

"I'm sorry if this little one has inconvienced you in any way, thank you for looking after her," he said to her, his navy eyes genuine.
As he approached her, Hazel running about happily and weaving in and out of the stranger's legs. So this was Hei? She bowed her head to him as well, never once taking her eyes off of him despite how distracting the bounding pup was. She didn't return his smile, however, and instead kept up her cold, suspicious glare.

"She's no trouble at all," she answered, "and you're welcome. It was my pleasure."

"Hei, this is my new friend Kato. Kato meet Hei, he's like my daddy," she said with a cute smile as she stood in between the two adults and smiled, hoping the two would be friends.

Friend. She couldn't help but grin at Hazel's innocence. She watched her as she put herself between the two full grown wolves, smiling sweetly. Still, if she thought they were friends, she might expect her to stick around...

She glanced at Hei in acknowledgement of him, her smile fading again. If he wasn't her biological father, why was she with him? It seemed strange for a male wolf to be so charitable in her eyes.

"Nice to meet you Kato," he said cordially to her as he sat his tall skinny frame down so he wouldn't seem imposing.

"Nice to meet you, too, Hei," she answered stiffly. He was much taller than her, and that was intimidating. His height probably meant he could overpower her if he wished, and that she didn't like.

She stared at him for a moment, eventually managing a small smile before she turned away to address Hazel.
"Well, it's been nice talking to you Hazel, but I should probably be on my way," she explained pleasantly, nuzzling the pup gently. "You look after yourself, and don't go running off again, hmm?"

She nodded to Hei in farewell and turned to walk away, grinding her teeth together to hide the insisting aches in her legs and neck. Was it too much to ask for her to be able to rest? Just for a moment, with no disruptions?
K.A.T
Beta

Post by K.A.T » 18-04-2012 06:44

"Well...he's right to scold you, you know."
Hazel turned to her and pretended to pout, puckering her lips out and glaring playfully.

"Hey and just whose side are you on? Mine right? Just playing hehe," she joked as she bounced up and down between then, happy and for some reason felt like she was with a family, with her as the pup, Hei as the daddy and Kato as the mommy.

It was strange, Hazel didn't know why she felt that way about a stranger she just met but like before, her gut told her that Kato was a good person and that she would have a bigger part in their future, that their paths would cross.

How odd, it utterly confused the heck out of Hazel but with her innocent mind she at least wanted Kato to stick around longer.
"She's no trouble at all," she answered, "and you're welcome. It was my pleasure."
Hei noticed her suspicion and took that into consideration. The female was wise to be skeptical of strangers as he was as well. But like him, she put on a cordial mask, her eyes not smiling and neither was her face but that was alright by him. Every one had their reasons.

"You're too kind," he replied simply and tersely but still politely as he nodded his head back to her.

The atmosphere was tense and Hazel could almost taste the suspicion the two adults had. It was hard not to noticed it.
"Nice to meet you, too, Hei,"
Once again Hei dipped his head in acknowledgment of her reply, he was also beginning to feel the tense awkwardness that hung in the air.

The only thing that was capable of breaking it was the bouncing Hazel in between the adults.

Hei was subtly analyzing Kato. She was shorter than him but that was normal given he was a male and she a female, actually the fact that he was taller seemed to bother her and he wondered if she had a bad run in with other males. He noticed her shorter legs but slightly long snout and figured she must be a mixed wolf.

This made him think of how she would respond to speaking two two coyote mixed (and one dog) hybrids. Would she recoil in disgust as others did? Be condescending towards them like others?

He has yet to meet a family who didn't look at him or Hazel with distaste and suspicion when he told them of their species.
"Well, it's been nice talking to you Hazel, but I should probably be on my way," she explained pleasantly, nuzzling the pup gently. "You look after yourself, and don't go running off again, hmm?"
Hazel's eyes went wide as she realized Kato was leaving and opened her mouth to call out to her but Hei was faster as he bumped her muzzle with his much larger black paw.

She turned to look at him in confusion and he could read her mind through her wide eyes. Silently he shook his head as he glanced at Kato's retreating figure. Earlier he thought his mind was playing tricks but now that it was clear, her body was tense and seemed to be causing her ache.

"Let her go Hazel. If we're destined to meet, we'll see her again," he told the young coydog and then with that he turned as well and walked off in the other direction but didn't go too far, just to a nearby tree to get some rest as well.

Hazel closed her mouth and her ears flattened and her tail swished in anxiety as she knew Hei was right, as always, but still didn't want Kato to leave them.

Making up her mind she turned around, ran forward and shouted to the female.

"Kato!!! We'll meet again!! Promise and then I'll show you that I learned!!" she called out with her bushy tail wagging furiously.

Hei was beneath the shade of the tree and his navy blue eyes went from Hazel to the retreating figure of Kato. He had never seen Hazel attach so quickly to someone...obviously, they'd be seeing more of this "Kato" in the future.
toki333
Warrior

Post by toki333 » 18-04-2012 17:52

Kato flashed Hazel a sheepish grin as the pup feigned irritance. Something about her was just so likeable - what family in their right mind would give up a sweetie such as her? But then, she had no idea of their circumstances. Maybe her parents were dead, or for some unknown reason had deemed Hei a better guardian than they would be.
"Hey and just whose side are you on? Mine right? Just playing hehe,"

"I don't take sides," she poked her tongue out playfully, watching as Hazel bounced happily between them.

"You're too kind,"

She diverted her attention back to Hei again when he spoke, her eyes wide as she stared at him, unable of what to say in response. She opened her mouth to say something, then closed it again, pouting slightly. The tension between them was more than uncomfortable, and she looked around as she tried to think of some way to relieve it. Giving up, she managed to force a small smile for him. While she still wasn't certain of his character, she had a feeling he had no intention of harming her - and normally her instincts were not wrong.
Still, it wouldn't hurt for them to be on their separate ways soon. No doubt they had things they needed to do, and she needed to find a place - alone - to rest up. She frowned at the thought. She had no idea what she'd do after she'd recovered. She couldn't keep running forever. In fact, they'd probably given up on chasing her long ago. Maybe she'd go back to travelling alone again, unless she found some reason to settle down in one place. The idea was appealing enough.

"Let her go Hazel. If we're destined to meet, we'll see her again,"

Kato felt her heart sink as she caught the look on Hazel's face. She caught the male's words frowned. Destined to meet? What did he mean by that? She pressed on, repeatedly telling herself over and over again: don't look back!

"Kato!!! We'll meet again!! Promise and then I'll show you that I learned!!"

She winced as the pup shouted out, and chanced a glance over her shoulder to see Hazel stood there, tail wagging frantically. She noticed that, not far away, Hei was resting underneath a tree, watching her. She narrowed her eyes at him but said nothing.

Kato hesitated for a moment, looking around briefly before sighing and giving in. It wouldn't hurt to stick around until she was better rested, surely? Besides, safety was in numbers, and she doubted either of them would hurt her, despite how little she trusted Hei.
"Fine," she grumbled, padding back over to Hazel and half-smiling. "I'll stay for a bit," she told her, flattening her ears slightly as she turned her green eyes on Hei. "Providing that's alright with your friend."

She knew he could hardly say no without sounding impolite and upsetting his companion, and she regreted the moment she'd put him in that position. But if he really did have an issue with it she had no doubt he'd say. The majority of males she'd met before had never exactly been quiet about their thoughts and feelings.
She sat down, relieved to have to weight off her legs again, even if it may only be temporary. Perhaps if he allowed to her stay she could ask about Hazel's family. It certainly seemed odd for a male, who she assumed was unrelated to her, to be bringing up a pup on his own.
K.A.T
Beta

Post by K.A.T » 19-04-2012 04:54

Hazel's ears flopped down and her tail died as she saw Kato walking away.

She was so saddened....and she didn't even know why.

It was so rare for her to get so attached to a stranger. But Kato knew, she trusted her gut instinct that Kato was special, to her and to Hei and that she should stay with them.

And she wanted the female to stay.

Deep in her heart Hazel had always missed a motherly presence, the side of love and guidance that Hei couldn't provide.

She never knew her mother or her father. Only that her mother was a female dog and her father was a coyote. But she never saw them.

Hazel vaguely remembered the memory of her mother leaving her, promising her she'd be back...but she never did.

So young, at the tender age of 4 months Haze had never experienced the love of parents.

What Hei gave her was the closet she could get to love and she loved Hei just as much as a real father. But she still missed a motherly half.

And strangely enough, she felt that Kato could be this motherly figure she was looking for.

But now that she was leaving, it left Hazel broken-hearted and sad, her bright blue eyes now somber and melancholy.

Nearby Hei was watching Hazel with furrowed brows of worry.

He had never seen her this down before, and over a complete stranger to that.

Hazel had always been a cheerful one and he had told her many times not to trust strangers. She knew better, but for some reason she clicked really well with Kato and seemed extra depressed at Kato's departure. How odd.

Hei knew very well that he could only do so much as a male as a parental figure for Hazel, he could never give her the motherly love that she craved so much.

Perhaps? Perhaps that is why Hazel is so attached to Kato? Did she think that Kato could be the motherly figure she searched for?

The black male had always knew that Hazel was special, had a sixth sense and gut instinct that was never wrong. And he had learned to trust her young judgment.
"Fine," she grumbled, padding back over to Hazel and half-smiling. "I'll stay for a bit," she told her,
Immediately Hazel whipped around so fast her tail smacked her in the face but the young coydog didn't care as she ran towards Kato with an extremely bright smile on her face, her blue eyes sparkling madly as she danced around the female wolf in pure joy.

"Yes!!! Yahoo!!!! She's staying she's staying!!!! Kato is staying!!!! Yayyyy!" she called and giggled as she pranced around Kato until she got so dizzy she fell onto the ground with a cute "oof" and then giggled as she saw stars around her head.

Hei had a small smile on his face at the pure joy he witnessed on Hazel's face.

He then turned his navy blue eyes on Kato and they softened, losing the harsh edge they had earlier as he gazed at the female. Any one who could make Hazel react like that was bound to be a good person, and he trusted Hazel and if Hazel trusted Kato, he would try to let her into his heart too.
"Providing that's alright with your friend."
Hazel had her tongue out and rolling as she ran to Hei and jumped on him, patting him with her tiny sandy paws with the most adorable puppy face she could muster.

Hei stared at her for a moment until a smile spread across his features and he let out a melodic chuckle with his deep voice.

"Of course she can stay," he said and before he was even done speaking Hazel whooped and ran over to Kato and bounced around her again, seeming to have recovered from her dizziness.

"Yay!! See Hei said it was okay, so stay with us!!! It'll be fun!!!" Hazel called as she then laughed and rolled around in the grass in joy at the thought of having a completely little family right here.

Hei turned his eyes to Kato, now they were soft and kind as he looked at her and gave her a warm smile.

"I would love it if you'd stayed, it'd certainly keep the little one out of my fur for a while. She's a pawful this one is," he said with a laugh, joking as he leaned his back against the tree trunk and watched Hazel bat her paws at a passing butterfly.

As Hazel was not looking at them, chasing the butterfly in circles, Hei looked at Kato and his expression turned to concern.

"Are you alright Kato? I noticed earlier, but it seems you're in pain, did you run into trouble or should I be warned of anything?" he asked her genuingly showing care to this female he had just met but he felt that he could trust her.
toki333
Warrior

Post by toki333 » 19-04-2012 17:13

Kato felt a warm smile spreading across her face as she watched Hazel's reaction to her offer, laughing brightly as the youngster whirled around, her tailing smacking her in the face before she bounded over to her. She'd never seen her - or anyone, for that matter - so ecstatic. Kato shrugged. Whatever made her happy, she supposed.

"Yes!!! Yahoo!!!! She's staying she's staying!!!! Kato is staying!!!! Yayyyy!"

"For a bit," she corrected her, though she didn't sound very sincere. She had a feeling she'd end up sticking around longer than she intended to if she carried on giving in like this. She was growing very fond of Hazel, and chuckled as she fell over, giggling.
"Careful, you'll hurt yourself," she huffed in amusement, batting her gently with her paw, smiling diffidently at Hei when she realised he was watching her again, though his expression now was more relaxed and friendly than before.

"Of course she can stay," he said and before he was even done speaking Hazel whooped and ran over to Kato and bounced around her again, seeming to have recovered from her dizziness.

"Yay!! See Hei said it was okay, so stay with us!!! It'll be fun!!!"

Kato wagged her tail in response so both of their comments, smiling in slight awe at the seemingly endless energy Hazel had.
"Then I suppose I shall stay," she grinned. Though for how long, I've no idea, she added to herself. As Hazel rolled in the grass Kato gave her belly a quick, friendly lick.

"I would love it if you'd stayed, it'd certainly keep the little one out of my fur for a while. She's a pawful this one is."

"I've no doubt she is. Though she is lovely," she answered honestly. It must be hard bringing up a pup on your own. Thankfully she'd never been in that situation, and hopefully never would be. She had no idea how long they were expecting her to stay for. A day? A week? Forever?
While she was happy to have found decent company for a while, the idea of spending forever with wolves she hardly knew...

Still, she'd have time to get to know them she supposed, even if she did only stay for a couple of days. If they assumed she'd be sticking around longer, and wanted her to, then she could make her decision then.

She followed Hei's line of vision to where Hazel was playing with a butterfly, and she wagged her tail happily, eventually settling into a lying position and resting her head on her paws as she watched the youngster. How could she disappoint her by walking off and leaving her?

"How did you end up with her? She's obviously not yours," she asked, not taking her eyes off the playing Hazel.

"Are you alright Kato? I noticed earlier, but it seems you're in pain, did you run into trouble or should I be warned of anything?"
She looked up and turned to stare at Hei, green eyes wide. Alright?
"I suppose I'm ok..." she muttered, keeping her voice low so that Hazel (if she was paying attention) wouldn't hear. "I just ran into some males a few days ago and their intentions weren't exactly pleasant. I managed to escape from them a day or to ago, and I've been running ever since."
She shifted one of her forepaws so that she could lick it, thinking for a moment before continuing. "I'll be alright though. They wouldn't have followed me this far," she offered Hei a reassuring, mischievous grin, "I gave them too much trouble for me to be worth it."

Kato looked away, staring at the trees surrounding them, and frowned. "Still. I can't help but worrying they're out there. Somewhere."
She looked back to Hei, a glimmer of worry flashing over her features. "Do you think I'm silly? Being so paranoid?"
K.A.T
Beta

Post by K.A.T » 19-04-2012 20:22

"For a bit," she corrected her, though she didn't sound very sincere. She had a feeling she'd end up sticking around longer than she intended to if she carried on giving in like this. She was growing very fond of Hazel, and chuckled as she fell over, giggling.

"Careful, you'll hurt yourself," she huffed in amusement, batting her gently with her paw, smiling diffidently at Hei when she realised he was watching her again, though his expression now was more relaxed and friendly than before.
Hazel turned to the two adults sitting and watching her and gave them a blinding innocent smile, a smile that made a smile appear on Hei's dark race was well.

"I'll be okay! Don't worry! Yayyyy! She's staying!" he shouted as she switched from chasing a butterfly to a grasshopper and she was now pouncing along after it, but making sure to stay close to Hei and Kato.

The young coydog was so happy and excited that Kato decided to stay. That made the pup think that Kato was indeed an important person in her and Hei's future.

Maybe Kato and Hei could really be her mommy and daddy then she wouldn't have to leave them. That made an idea pop into her mind.

Maybe if Kato liked Hei, they could be a couple and be her parents.....!! That was it!! Hazel made up her mind to try and get Kato to stay, she wanted Hei and Kato to like each other to keep them together.
Kato wagged her tail in response so both of their comments, smiling in slight awe at the seemingly endless energy Hazel had.
"Then I suppose I shall stay," she grinned.
Hazel was already busy thinking of ways to get Hei and Kato together. Though she was only 4 months old, she had a very intelligent mind and was very sneaky and crafty. This is the time to work her skills.

Hei chuckled as he looked at Hazel but spoke to Kato.

"I have never seen her become so attached to someone in such a short amount of time. Coming from Hazel, you must be very special Kato. Hazel has a very unique intuition and she us rarely wrong with her gut instinct. If she wants you around, chances are that will be true, although I hope that doesn't displease you," Hei said as he then turned to Kato and gave her a warm smile that made his navy eyes glow.

It was true. With Hazel so attached to Kato, Hei had no doubt that the female wolf's future would be entwined with his and Hazel's.

And perhaps that would be a good thing.

Perhaps Kato could provide the young pup with some motherly love that Hazel lacked and wanted. He surely hoped that would be true as he would hate to see Hazel so excited and then saddened over the potential prospect of a mother-like figure.
"I've no doubt she is. Though she is lovely," she answered honestly.

Hei nodded his head as he returned to gazing at Hazel. A light chuckle escaped his lips and he grinned.

"You're right about that, she's a lovely soul. No doubt when she grows up she will definitely be catching the eyes of everyone," he said with an image of Hazel all grown up and independent enough to leave his side.

Surely he dreaded the day that they would have to part but he knew that it was only a matter of time until that will happen.

But he didn't dwell on the fact at the moment.
She looked up and turned to stare at Hei, green eyes wide. Alright?
"I suppose I'm ok..." she muttered.."I just ran into some males a few days ago and their intentions weren't exactly pleasant. I managed to escape from them a day or to ago, and I've been running ever since."
She shifted one of her forepaws so that she could lick it, thinking for a moment before continuing. "I'll be alright though. They wouldn't have followed me this far," she offered Hei a reassuring, mischievous grin, "I gave them too much trouble for me to be worth it."
Hei nodded his head understandingly as he looked over Kato. Physically she was alright but for maybe some aches but it was her mentality he was worried about. Situations like hers sometimes left mental scars on the victims and he hoped that she got away safely.

At her last statement he gave her a playful grin as he saw her mischievous grin.

"Are you what people call a lost hope? So much trouble we can only just leave you alone? Hopefully those three you mentioned won't be coming around here," he said as he just imagined "kindly" bearing those three hoodlums up for good measure and chuckling at Kato's light joke.
Kato looked away, staring at the trees surrounding them, and frowned. "Still. I can't help but worrying they're out there. Somewhere."
She looked back to Hei, a glimmer of worry flashing over her features. "Do you think I'm silly? Being so paranoid?"
Hei looked at her, and gently shook his head at her question.

"It's not silly. You're only being cautious and nothing's wrong with that. Stay with us though, numbers are always better than being solo. And I'm pretty sure with Hazel around you won't think much about anything else," he told her as he kept his ears on Hazel but was looking at Kato to let her know she had his support if she ever needed him.
"How did you end up with her? She's obviously not yours," she asked, not taking her eyes off the playing Hazel.
Hei was caught off guard by her question but recovered rather fast as he regained composure.

"She was abandoned by her parents and I happened upon her. We weren't with the best company back then, they had ill intentions for her so I took it upon myself to adopt her and leave. I didn't want her to experience the future the pack had for her," he told her, letting Kato know a little bit of their history as he wanted to trust her and prayed that she would not use whatever he told her against them.