In search of old friends.. (alakai, silver and open to all!)

The rough mountains of the Hekaya lands, where only the strongest will survive.
Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

In search of old friends.. (alakai, silver and open to all!)

Post by Nakisha » 26-02-2009 20:50

((The title had to be; In search of old friends... and finding new ones on the way. But it didn't fit... LOL))

Storm walked besides his new mate, Starbeam.
She had proposed to go look for his old childhood friend... a large, black wolf called Ace.

Storm smiled to himself; he wondered how Ace was doing now... He remembered him so well. Some had considered him a freak... but most girls had liked that big guy back when they had been teens!
But Ace hadn't been a real ladies-wolf. Instead of taking advantage of that fact, like Storm probably would have done, Ace had never gotten himself involved with any girl... leaving a trail of broken hearts. Lucky thing he did, though... since Storm was always there to comfort those sad girls...
But those had been Storm's only real experience with the ladies... some loose girlfriends, often lasting no longer then a few weeks, and hardly ever getting serious enough for any intimacy.
Ace had always mentioned waiting for someone special... someone who was right for him.

And now... Storm fully understood what Ace had meant back then. Starbeam was special... a girl like no other. None of his short affairs had been even close to this... no female could stand in her shadow!
She was the one for him... The only female he would ever look at again. His mate, hopefully for live....

He glanced sidewards at her.
''How are you holding out, honey?''
He was ever watchful now; they had a family on the way. Starbeam was carrying their pups... and even though she wasn't far in the pregnancy, he let her decide the pace.

He silently wondered if Ace had ever found his own ''special girl''.... well, he hoped to find out during their travel!
~When darkness comes, you know I'm never far~
alakai
Beta

Post by alakai » 26-02-2009 21:07

He glanced sidewards at her.
''How are you holding out, honey?''
He was ever watchful now; they had a family on the way. Starbeam was carrying their pups... and even though she wasn't far in the pregnancy, he let her decide the pace.

He silently wondered if Ace had ever found his own ''special girl''.... well, he hoped to find out during their travel!
Starbeam was in total bliss right now. She had met the man of her dreams, and they had taken that wonderful step and started a family. The pups were starting to grow within her and she was wondering how many they were going to have. One, two? Maybe more? Even five maybe? The two wolves were trotting along, after agreeing to going and finding storm's old childhood buddy of his Ace. She looked over at him and smiled."I'm holding out for the most part." She was panting, only slightly though, but she needed to be careful now that she had pups in her belly. They left in the cool of the morning so they could get a good distance before the afternoon sun would beat down on them almost making it impossible for star to travel much. As they were trotting along, she noticed a patch of trees and a pond up ahead. Could it be real? Or was it just a mirage?"Hey storm, do you see that pond up ahead, or is it just me?" She asked, getting slightly light headed.

((haha drama already! XD ))
Image Image
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 26-02-2009 21:13

If a pond had the colors of red, yellow, orange, mustard, maroon, and black, then yes.. there was a pond up ahead. But instead.. that was not the case. Opposite of the couple was a rather large wolf, maybe a bit taller than Storm coming up the pathway. He seemed tired, panting and out of breath. Around his front legs were what looked like arm warmers. In truth they were zebra cuffs, dipped in blood and dyed red and black. When he looked up to see the two walking towards him, he stopped where he was.

He'd just spent a few days away from his non-permanent home, and finally decided it was time to move on. Suprised to see wolves coming his way, he sat down then before letting out a howl of possible greeting. He couldn't know for sure if these two would be friend or foe. It would all be decided when an answer would arrive. After all, even though he could see the two up ahead, and they could see him, a matter of seconds could determine wether the outcome would equal friendship or war. And right now, this wolf didn't have much trust for anyone.
ImageImage

Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 26-02-2009 23:10

"Hey storm, do you see that pond up ahead, or is it just me?" She asked, getting slightly light headed.
Storm squinted his eyes. It was hard to tell... It looked that way, but the sun could play tricks on hot ground...
He'd just spent a few days away from his non-permanent home, and finally decided it was time to move on. Suprised to see wolves coming his way, he sat down then before letting out a howl of possible greeting. He couldn't know for sure if these two would be friend or foe. It would all be decided when an answer would arrive. After all, even though he could see the two up ahead, and they could see him, a matter of seconds could determine wether the outcome would equal friendship or war. And right now, this wolf didn't have much trust for anyone.
((Storm is just a small guy, so yep he'll be bigger. ;)))

Storm stopped; he listened. Howling. A greeting.
Storm answered him with his own rather bark-like greeting. Who was that stranger..?

''Hun... I think we're getting company...'' He muttered. He was on his toes; if this guy would be hostile, he would protect his mate to the death...
alakai
Beta

Post by alakai » 27-02-2009 00:13

He'd just spent a few days away from his non-permanent home, and finally decided it was time to move on. Surprised to see wolves coming his way, he sat down then before letting out a howl of possible greeting. He couldn't know for sure if these two would be friend or foe. It would all be decided when an answer would arrive. After all, even though he could see the two up ahead, and they could see him, a matter of seconds could determine whether the outcome would equal friendship or war. And right now, this wolf didn't have much trust for anyone.
She stopped when storm did, as they heard a howl in the distance. Was it friend or foe? She began to ponder, fear starting to sink in."Storm! Why are you answering? He could be hostile!" She said, pressing up against him. She really couldn't bare the thought of anything happening to him or their puppies."Please, be careful. I don't know what I would do if I lost you!" she muttered, reaching up and licking his cheek."C'mon lets go meet this stranger, but cautiously."
Image Image
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 27-02-2009 00:43

The wolf that had howled seemed to be rather impatient. He'd howled for at least a minute, and a few more rolled by. What were they skeptical of him? He'd sent a greeting howl... that had to count as something. Giving a sigh, he figured he might as well start walking since they were doing nothing. Probably contemplating on him or something.

Halfway though, he saw them cautiously approach him. Snickering, the wolf said, "Well that took you long enough. And how come you didn't answer my call back?" he asked. His flame colored tail swished before he scratched behind his torn ear. "Anywho, what are your names?" he asked, jumping straight to the point as he spoke. He wasn't one for non-starting things anyways, and he had already waited long enough to actually speak to these two.
ImageImage

Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 27-02-2009 19:09

"Storm! Why are you answering? He could be hostile!" She said, pressing up against him. "Please, be careful. I don't know what I would do if I lost you!" she muttered, reaching up and licking his cheek."C'mon lets go meet this stranger, but cautiously."
Storm licked her snout, trying to reassure her.
''Don't be afraid... I won't let any harm come to you... I promise.'' His twocoloured eyes looked lovingly at his mate. ''I'm here for you...''

Cautiously, step by step, he came closer... the wolf howled again. Obviously... the guy was lonely. And hopefully, he had good intentions...

Halfway though, he saw them cautiously approach him. Snickering, the wolf said, "Well that took you long enough. And how come you didn't answer my call back?" he asked. His flame colored tail swished before he scratched behind his torn ear. "Anywho, what are your names?" he asked, jumping straight to the point as he spoke. He wasn't one for non-starting things anyways, and he had already waited long enough to actually speak to these two.
Storm swished his tail slightly. ''I answered... maybe you couldn't hear me.'' He was still cautious, but friendly. He didn't want to get in trouble... and this wolf wás male...
''My name is Storm... and this is my mate, Starbeam. Who might you be?''

((I just remembered... if Star and Storm find Ace... they'll have a good chance of meeting Starfall's SISTER... Sunset! ;)))
alakai
Beta

Post by alakai » 27-02-2009 19:35

Storm licked her snout, trying to reassure her.
''Don't be afraid... I won't let any harm come to you... I promise.'' His two coloured eyes looked lovingly at his mate. ''I'm here for you...''

Cautiously, step by step, he came closer... the wolf howled again. Obviously... the guy was lonely. And hopefully, he had good intentions... Storm swished his tail slightly. ''I answered... maybe you couldn't hear me.'' He was still cautious, but friendly. He didn't want to get in trouble... and this wolf wás male...
Star stood behind storm, not sure if this stranger was friend or foe. But she was reassured of storms words of protecting her. She came and stood next to him, resting her head against his shoulder."Yes, may we ask you your name? And why your out here?" She said timidly. She looked at the male up and down, taking in his features. He was larger than them, and if he was to become a friend, he could be an extra layer of protection for her. She could use all the protection she could get now!
Image Image
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 27-02-2009 23:53

''I answered... maybe you couldn't hear me.'' He was still cautious, but friendly. He didn't want to get in trouble... and this wolf wás male...

The male scratched behind his head again. "Ya sure? Maybe next time you should speak louder." he mentioned with a shrug. "Then again, was probably my fault. I'm half deaf in one ear," he added, glancing to the side of his torn ear. He gave a yawn before speaking once more. "Anywho, I'm Hellfyre." he introduced himself. "You guys look like a nice pair of doves." he said, glancing at both of them. "I see you're expecting, too." he added with a small nod at Starbeams direction.

"Yes, may we ask you your name? And why your out here?"

"I just said it lady." he mentioned. "And can't a guy travel without being asked why?" he added. "It's a free mountain, last time I checked." he said with a yawn once more. "But since I so kindly answered your question, time to answer mine!" he chuckled. "What're you guys doin' out here? Trying to find a home or something for the expecting kids?" he asked them.
ImageImage

Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 27-02-2009 23:56

The male scratched behind his head again. "Ya sure? Maybe next time you should speak louder." he mentioned with a shrug. "Then again, was probably my fault. I'm half deaf in one ear," he added, glancing to the side of his torn ear. He gave a yawn before speaking once more. "Anywho, I'm Hellfyre." he introduced himself. "You guys look like a nice pair of doves." he said, glancing at both of them. "I see you're expecting, too." he added with a small nod at Starbeams direction.
Well... so far, so good. Storm began to smile; that guy seemed rough at the edges, but friendly enough. He stared at the flamecoloured fur of the male; what a pattern!! His own brown and grey coat, marked with spots, seemed so dull compared to this...
"I just said it lady." he mentioned. "And can't a guy travel without being asked why?" he added. "It's a free mountain, last time I checked." he said with a yawn once more. "But since I so kindly answered your question, time to answer mine!" he chuckled. "What're you guys doin' out here? Trying to find a home or something for the expecting kids?" he asked them.
Storm felt his legs stiffen. He didn't really liked the way this guy was talking to Starbeam; if he would continue to do so, he would say something about it. For now, he would just answer his questions... and wait what would happen.
''We're travelling... trying to find an old friend of mine. As long as Starbeam isn't due yet, we can continue our search... so we have a few weeks.''