Unexpected Teacher (prp with Castaway)

The rough mountains of the Hekaya lands, where only the strongest will survive.
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 16-05-2009 04:06

Triple Six chuckled as she said she was still just a growing lady. Smiling, he said, "Well we might as well get somethin' togetha." he paused before glancing her way and giving a fake old man look. "I can't baby you forever. You need to get out thar on yer own." his bottom lip was pouted while his eyes narrowed rather funny looking. Regaining composure, he, as well as Creasey continued walking on.

As they had, Triple Six, nose as good as ever, caught onto the scent. And indeed, Creasey had caught on as well. And she was the first to speculate. a nice herd of goats had been spotted, and already Six was looking to see what would be good to capture. A fine herd indeed they were, grazing and unware of their presence.

Small little fawn cries were heard as the little ones were playing when an older ram had moved a bit to the side. His eyes settled upon the little ones for a moment, eyes growing soft. Little kids, wether prey or other predators, were always cute. Except for squirrels. He hated those little varments.

"How about the older ram over there? Leave the little ones alone right?"

Six glanced her way before looking to the old one she referred to. Ah, a good meal indeed, andit would suffice for them both now wouldn't it? "Sounds good. We'll only get that one. I'm sure it'll last us a while, especially if we conserve it an' all." he added then before creeping foward on his belly. "Let's make the hunt a good one..." With that, he continued onward, already thinking of a plan.. Sure, jump the old geezer right? But with the younger ram's with horns, they'd be a problem. They would have to figure out a way to do a grab and run, unless they wanted to be charged with big horns and end up having the wind knocked out of them, not to mention possible falling off the mountain because of the blow...
ImageImage

Post by Guest » 11-06-2009 21:17

Creasey dropped low and started following Six as he crept forward. A little ways into the stalk she broke off and went out wide to the left. Her plan was to cirlce around that way when Six made his move she could quickly attack from the opposite way.

It took the large female wolf several minutes to crawl along. Several times she thought that one of the younger rams had spotted her, but thankfully they looked past her and continued grazing on the sparse brush. Finally Creasey felt she was in a good spot.

She had lost sight of where Six was but she figured he would make the first move. They would have to do this quickly to avoid injury from the others rams. She tensed her muscles and waited completely still. She was ready to go as soon as she saw Six leap forward.
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 12-06-2009 23:46

As Creasey and Triple Six had crept foward toward the kill they were hoping for, and when Creasey had gotten beside Triple Six, their attention was now focused on the old one. Triple Six gave Creasey a look before he started to crawl a bit more foward. He was getting closer, and closer.. The old one was grazing on nothing in particular, just gazing out probably, thinking this was another day.

When Triple Six had finally become a few feet away from the old one, he crouched low, before his body rose quickly as he charged foward. "Cover me!" Triple Six called as he already began his attack on the old one. The attack had already made some of the other, younger rams more alert. And this caused a stampede of about four charging right at Six! The females already began to lead their children away in a rush while Six was on his goal. He hoped Creasey had his back! The elder knew he could not fend off Triple Six, but the reassurance of his brethren to come to his aid made the old one smile softly.
ImageImage

Post by Guest » 16-06-2009 20:06

"Cover me!"

Creasey silently nodded in return and pressed herself to the ground. She watched as Six ran forward to claim their dinner. The large female wolf laid quietly watching.

For a second it seemed like the rest of the herd was going to scatter, but four young rams suddenly burst forth from the chaos heading directly for Six.

Creasey didn't hesitate. She leapt from her hiding spot and slammed her large body full into the side of the first charging ram. The force knocked both ram and wolf to the ground which tripped up two more of the to be rescuers.

The last ram leapt over the pile but paused for a moment unsure of who to help. The black wolf took the opportunity to sink her teeth into one of the rams beside her which drew a frightened shriek of pain. The blow wasn't lethal, Creasey couldn't get a good enough grip on anything but a leg.

Creasey wriggled free from the pile of rams and ran at the hesitating ram. The shriek of pain from his comrade had made him forget completley about Six and the elder ram. The young ram charged Creasey and she was only able to get partially out of the way. The hard head slammed into her back in sending her spinning through the dirt. Creasey jumped up and ran towards Six.

"Hurry up...I...I can't hold them off forever." She said teeth grinding against the wash of pain. The four young rams stood up and started to prepare for a charge. The wounded one suddenly collapsed which caused the others to turn away leaving but a small window of opportunity for the two wolves to drag their dinner away.
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 18-06-2009 20:17

"Hurry up... I...I can't hold them off forever."

At the sound of Creasey's voice, Six stared at the old one befoer it gave a nod of its head. It knew what was coming. Nodding his own head, Triple Six already delve into the old one's neck, and instantly broke it. With blood now dripping from his maw, he already took the old one and threw him over his shoulder. With that said in mind, he brushed past Creasey, sending a warning snarl of intimidation saying, "Don't gotta tell me twice! Let's hit the road!"

He already dashed past the other younger ones, and glanced back, hoping Creasey was following him faster than he was running. They both were either going to make it, or break it together. Six would never leave a comrad behind.
ImageImage

Post by Guest » 22-06-2009 23:03

"Don't gotta tell me twice! Let's hit the road!"

Inspired by the idea of a good meal, Creasey pushed past the pain and quickly caught up to Six. In the confusion surrounding thier injured comrade the young rams did little to try and stop the wolves. One made a vain attempt at ramming Creasey but she dodged and continued running.

For a few minutes Creasey trailed slightly behind Six in case any more attacks were to come. After a little bit it was clear that they had made off with their kill. The large female picked up her pace until she pulled even with Six.

"I think we've lost them....how bout we find a nice place to enjoy our dinner."

Creasey licked her lips and smiled as she anticipated the meal to come.
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 23-06-2009 19:17

Triple Six chuckled, the meat still dangling on his back. He turned around to face Creasey before coming to a stop. Panting, he thought to himself, "Damn.. I'm already tired from this run? Yeesh, gotta get into shape..." As Creasey mentinoed finding a nice place to eat, he nodded. "Hmm.. what wud be a good place t'eat?" he commented. Not here, that was for sure. "Well, we might as well find a decent cave er a spot to go at." he said. There must have been another way up the mountai instead of facing the rams again. After all, the mountains were vast..
ImageImage

Post by Guest » 04-07-2009 00:23

"Well, we might as well find a decent cave er a spot to go at."

Creasey nodded in agreement, too tired and too hungry to actually give an answer. It took a little longer then she had expected to find a safe place to rest. She didn't know if it actually took a while or if her hunger and fatigue was making every minute seem like an hour.

"Six....I think this will work."

Creasey ducked her head through the small entrance of a cave. She let out a small yip of joy as she saw the inside. Though the entrance was barely big enough to fit through, the inside was actually rather large. There would be plenty of room for the two wolves to eat and rest without feeling to cramped.

"Hurry up and bring that kill in here....I'm starving." Creasey half jokingly yelled at her mentor outside.
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 06-07-2009 00:40

As the two were moving on to find a good place to sit down and eat their good catch, Triple Six scanned the area. Not much could be seen, and options were already becoming slim. When Triple Six was about to give up and say to just eat out in the open, Creasey suddenly spoke. She'd stated that she had thought something would work. That 'something', was a cave.

Perking his ears a bit, a small smile curled his lips. She was already able to do stuff on her own... He glanced to the sky for a moment. Triple Six knew that even though he was Creasey's mentor, he couldn't be with her forever. She was still young, and she only wished to learn the day they'd met. Six vowed he'd help her, but once he accomplished all he could teach, then he knew she was ready to venture on her own. For Six somehow felt deep inside, that his own journey did not stop here. Helping one young wolf after his departure from his long friend, Kaja, was not over. He would continue to progress further, and help any other he could.

When Creasey had mentioned about hurrying it up, Six grunted before looking her way with a smile. "I'm comin' I'm comin'. Gimme a moment wil ya?" Carrying the meat still, he met Creasey at the entrance before shuffling in, dumping the goat off of him. "All right." Six said, "Let's eat."
ImageImage

Post by Guest » 27-07-2009 17:07

(I am so sorry I didn't realize I had been away from this thread for so long...please forgive me for that one.)

Creasey smiled as Six brought the ram into the cave. She acknowledged his invitation to eat by takin a massive bite out of the side of their prey. The fresh meat and blood tasted amazing and only made her stomach growl as if begging for more.

Creasey happily relented to her stomach's request and ate quickly for several minutes while still ensuring that there was plenty for her mentor. Soon the large female's eating slowed pace and she sat back and laid down. For a few minutes she laid there content and then she began to feel overly full and about to burst.

"Ohhh....I ate too much...." Creasey moaned as she tried to lay as still as possible. She wanted to throw up, but she felt it would truly disrespect all they had gone through to get the ram. Instead she laid very still and watched Six continue to eat.

"Remind me never to eat the quickly again." Creasey groaned, both from the discomfort and the fact that Six was probably going to have a field day with this sometime later.