Fire in their Hearts (Mature)

The rough mountains of the Hekaya lands, where only the strongest will survive.
Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 23-01-2009 23:23

Tyrus could feel the growing worries of the group, but he kept a straight face. Only thing now was to keep those guys out of the cave.
They had no business there... if they found out what truly happend there, they would probably want to leave.

Coming back to his senses quickly, he said, "Food huh? Where's the grub?" Not that he wanted any... It was something to stir up conversation so he wouldn't be so.. suspicious and such. For all he knew, the rub was rotten, disgusting, and... untolerable to the seeing eye.

--

"What kind of food do you have, by chance?" Shadowstrike asked curiously.

Tyrus pointed his paw at a cave, near the large one which he had declared his own.
The nice smell of fresh meat was all around it.
''You can find it there. We have all sorts... Deer, mountain goat, hares, birds... you name it.'' He kept his friendly smile on. ''Feel free to help yourselves... my soldiers can help you with anything if needed. And that...'' He pointed to the large one. ''... is my own cave. You can always find me there, if you need me for anything.'' He looked around. ''As you can see, there are still many caves unclaimed. You can pick one of you like... There's enough place for everyone.'' He turned his head to his 'prisoner cave'.
''If you'll excuse me now, for a few minutes... I have an urgent matter to attend to. I'll check up on you in a while.'' He gave a polite nod, and trotted towards the two guards, who quickly let him through before taking their positions again.

Many of the soldiers where staring at the newcomers. Bloodclaw just snorted and returned to a large deerleg he had been stripping clean.
''Newcomers...'' He muttered. ''We'll see....''
~When darkness comes, you know I'm never far~
Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

CHRISSY

Luma glanced around. Soldiers, they didn't look too friendly at all.

Since she had recently eaten that hare back at the hare colony, she wasn't really all that hungry.
The fresh meat smelled pretty tempting though, so she played along with Shadowstrike and Six.

''You can find it there. We have all sorts... Deer, mountain goat, hares, birds... you name it.'' He kept his friendly smile on. ''Feel free to help yourselves... my soldiers can help you with anything if needed. And that...'' He pointed to the large one. ''... is my own cave. You can always find me there, if you need me for anything.'' He looked around. ''As you can see, there are still many caves unclaimed. You can pick one of you like... There's enough place for everyone.'' He turned his head to his 'prisoner cave'.
''If you'll excuse me now, for a few minutes... I have an urgent matter to attend to. I'll check up on you in a while.'' He gave a polite nod, and trotted towards the two guards, who quickly let him through before taking their positions again.

As Tyrus left, Luma walked over to Shadow and Six. "I don't like the looks of this place at all." She whispered.

Many of the soldiers where staring at the newcomers. Bloodclaw just snorted and returned to a large deerleg he had been stripping clean.
''Newcomers...'' He muttered. ''We'll see....''

Luma lowered her ears a little. "Not too friendly, are they?" But then she reminded herself that no pack, not even the mighty Inaria welcomed newcomers that easily. But there was something about this place that made Luma feel, uneasy. Like something had happened long ago here that was terrible. Something evil.
Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

SILVERWOLF92

Six just grunted. "We might as well get some grub first.. Get our sterngth up." Six murmured. Ziggy seemed to look over Six's head and see Bloodclaw. He insntantly dove down. "I t-think I might be safer riding on Luma.." he scurried down Six and on Luma's back. It seemed Tyrus had a fondle for her, and if he was with her he wouldn't be harmed! And Six was nearby so that was a good thing. "We can't let our guard down. Even if you were so willin'." he mentioned softly. "Anywho, let's eat first, maybe discuss between ourselves when we're done." Six said. He rose from where he was before he led to where the food was.

He looked back every once in a while. And also, all around. As they went to the food, Six wondered.. what was being hidden in that forbidden cave? It couldn'tve been prisoners. It just couldn't. That was foolish for anyone to think and believe. There had to be more... And if it killed him, he would find out. For the sake of himself, and the others. For the sake of knowing the truth, and getting the HELL out of here...
Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 23-01-2009 23:24

NICK

Shadowstrike looked over to where Tyrus pointed. They certainly caught a lot of tings to eat. Shadowstrike followed Six to the food storage. However, a few things kept crossing his mind. One, what was with that prisoner's cave? Was it really for prisoners, or was there more to it? Shadow noticed that Ziggy had clambered up to Luma's back. To Shadow, it didn't matter. These wolves seemed like they would jump them at any moment...any time they would lower their guard. The soldiers seemed to be watching them, their eyes following the newcomers. Shaadowstrike felt very uneasy, but he wouldn't let his guard down. He directed his attention to Six.

"You know Six, these so-called soldiers could want to attack us if we let our guard down. I'd say we stay on full alert, and sleep with one eye open," Shadow whispered to Six. He didn't want Luma to hear, because she might frown upon not trusting these wolves. However, Shadowstrike couldn't help but worry...and feel very uneasy about this place. There didn't seem to be any hope of escaping if they had to.

((Ah, yucky DX))
Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 23-01-2009 23:24

Bloodclaw's ears where perked towards them as the group spoke. He snickered.
Those guys had NO idea why they where here... GOOD. They would know... soon enough.
Ripping off the last scrap of flesh from his deerleg, he got up and approached the group, slowly.
''So... newcomers.'' He couldn't help but grin. ''It's nice to see some new faces around here...'' He stared at Luma. ''Especially pretty little faces like yours...'' He swished his tail, and then turned to Six. ''Hey, you seem like you've been through quite a lot, huh?'' He stared at Six's stump. ''What happend to that leg of yours?''

Tyrus, at the same time, seemed to be done inspecting. Smothered cries suddenly rose from the cave; highpitched cries. A female in pain. But it only lasted seconds before the sound dimmed. Tyrus stepped back outside, a pleased smile on his maw. Things where going well inside there... very well.

He slowly approached the group, overhearing Bloodclaw's question. He perked his ears; he had wondered about the very same thing...
Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 23-01-2009 23:25

CHRISSY

Ziggy seemed to look over Six's head and see Bloodclaw. He insntantly dove down. "I t-think I might be safer riding on Luma.." he scurried down Six and on Luma's back.

Luma smiled, poor little Ziggy had nearly lost his life today, he must be really freaked out now surrounded by his almost-killer's pack.
Then, she followed Shadow and Six. Shadowstrike was whispering something to Six, but Luma couldn't make out what he was saying. So, she settled down on the ground, picked up a nearby hare and began nibbling it.

She really wasn't that hungry, but she wanted to distract herself from thinking about the strong possibility that they might never leave this place... alive that is.
The hare tasted good. The tender flesh and chewy skin tasted as though it was freshly caught. At least the food wasn't bad.
Luma soon finished it, the hare was young and small so she ripped off the flesh in a few bites until there was nothing but bones left. She then dug a hole in the ground and buried the bones, not wanting to be impolite and leaving scraps everywhere.

She then noticed that the beta, Bloodclaw, had approached them.
''So... newcomers.'' He couldn't help but grin. ''It's nice to see some new faces around here...'' He stared at Luma. ''Especially pretty little faces like yours...''
Luma lowered her ears slightly. These males acted like they had never seen a female before, that this was there first encounter with a she-wolf.

He swished his tail, and then turned to Six. ''Hey, you seem like you've been through quite a lot, huh?'' He stared at Six's stump. ''What happend to that leg of yours?''

Luma had been wondering that same thing since she had first seen Six, and she wondered also if he would be willing to tell them what had happened.
Then she noticed Tyrus walking towards them, he looked interested in what Bloodclaw had just asked as well.
Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

SILVERWOLF92

Six looked at Shadow with a small frown. "Yer just repeating every single damned word I said already." he growled. "Clean out your ears pup." he said. "I know about it, 'sides, I should be one to know." he added. "Anyways, point is, just stay alert all right? I don't trust these folk... and we can't let anything happen to the lady. Are we clear?" he whispered back before looking up to see Bloodclaw.

"It's nice to see some new faces around here... Especially pretty little faces like yours."

That made Six's blood boil. His body language showed, and Bloodclaw could see. It was a direct warning to BACK OFF. What caught him off guard, was that Bloodclaw asked a simple question, directed straight towards him.

"Hey, you seem like you've been through quite a lot, huh? What happened to that leg of yours?"

"Erm.." Six grew quiet for a moment. And for a while, it seemed like everyone was staring at him. What made matters worse was that Tyrus seemed to show his ugly mug, wanting to know the same thing. "I uh..." He coughed a bit before saying a bit too quickly, "Tore it off cuz it was no use to me anymore.." he said rather speedily. "Got somepin thru the elbow, an' I tore it off cuz it hurt bad and it wasn't workin' right no more." he mumbled a bit, ears backwards. That kind of question was the most awkward kind of question anyone had asked him in.. well... years.
Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

NICK

Six looked at Shadow with a small frown. "Yer just repeating every single damned word I said already." he growled. "Clean out your ears pup." he said. "I know about it, 'sides, I should be one to know." he added. "Anyways, point is, just stay alert all right? I don't trust these folk... and we can't let anything happen to the lady. Are we clear?" he whispered back before looking up to see Bloodclaw.

Shadowstrike looked at Six with an affronted look on his face. What was his problem?

"Calm down Six. I'm just making sure," he growled lowly. He was definately going to have a bit of a problem communicating with Six if the latter kept acting like this. He wasn't real proud of Six's attitude...but there was no time to argue with him here. Bloodclaw's questions make him perk up his ears.

''So... newcomers.'' He couldn't help but grin. ''It's nice to see some new faces around here...'' He stared at Luma. ''Especially pretty little faces like yours...''

Shadowstrike glared at Bloodclaw. What was with him and these other wolves? They seemed interested in them, but they seemedmore interested in Luma. He quickly loooked back at Luma, then back to Bloodclaw.

"What, you don't get many visitors out here, huh? Must've been a while since you saw someone new," he said lowly. He slowly began to think it was a bad decision to come here. This place reeked of evil, and he didn't like this place.

He swished his tail, and then turned to Six. ''Hey, you seem like you've been through quite a lot, huh?'' He stared at Six's stump. ''What happend to that leg of yours?''

Erm.." Six grew quiet for a moment. And for a while, it seemed like everyone was staring at him. What made matters worse was that Tyrus seemed to show his ugly mug, wanting to know the same thing. "I uh..." He coughed a bit before saying a bit too quickly, "Tore it off cuz it was no use to me anymore.." he said rather speedily. "Got somepin thru the elbow, an' I tore it off cuz it hurt bad and it wasn't workin' right no more."

Shadowstrike felt a rush of pity for Six. Six went through hell on earth it sounded like.

"Dang Six...I'm sorry that had to happen..."

Shadowstrike then noticed that Tyrus had come, and he seemed interested in Six's story. Shadowstrike growled quietly. Slowly, trying to make it as less noticable as possible, he positioned himself to evade an attack that may come. He didn't care if anyone saw him, he just wanted to be careful...
Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 23-01-2009 23:26

That made Six's blood boil. His body language showed, and Bloodclaw could see. It was a direct warning to BACK OFF. What caught him off guard, was that Bloodclaw asked a simple question, directed straight towards him.

While all soldiers, even Tyrus himself, where wise enough to be cautious around Six, Bloodclaw didn't seem the least impressed. Instead, he just focused on asking Six his question and waited.
There was little threat coming from the Beta, but that on itself could be considered intimidating. He was completely at ease, in his own territory, surrounded by his own soldiers. He was in a good position, and he knew it.

"What, you don't get many visitors out here, huh? Must've been a while since you saw someone new," he said lowly. He slowly began to think it was a bad decision to come here. This place reeked of evil, and he didn't like this place.

''He, indeed.'' Bloodclaw grinned. ''We only get visitors if we WANT to. If we don't bring 'em here, they drown. It seems Tyrus was in the mood for new guests...'' He looked around the group, licking his lips. ''We're usually a bit to ourselves out here...''

"Erm.." Six grew quiet for a moment. And for a while, it seemed like everyone was staring at him. What made matters worse was that Tyrus seemed to show his ugly mug, wanting to know the same thing. "I uh..." He coughed a bit before saying a bit too quickly, "Tore it off cuz it was no use to me anymore.." he said rather speedily. "Got somepin thru the elbow, an' I tore it off cuz it hurt bad and it wasn't workin' right no more." he mumbled a bit, ears backwards. That kind of question was the most awkward kind of question anyone had asked him in.. well... years.

''Hm.'' Bloodclaw grumbled, in his rather blunt way. He then rose his voice.
''YOU HEARD THAT, BOYS??'' Soldiers looked up. ''THAT'S WHAT A WARRIOR IS MADE OF. IF IT'S WEAK, IF IT DOESN'T HAVE A USE... GET RÍD OF IT!''

The sound of his voice echoed against the rocks, and as the rest of the clearing was quiet, it had a spooky ring. But Bloodclaw seemed very pleased. He nodded to Six, showing a bit of respect.
''I like you, you're alright.'' He said, gruffing. ''You're the kind of guy that knows how to handle this crappy life.'' He snickered.

"Dang Six...I'm sorry that had to happen..."

Bloodclaw smirked. ''Oh, sure.. it's a pity any wolf looses a leg. It's a handicap for sure. But guys like him show how strong we wolves can be. There's a great lesson to be learned right there. He's...''

Suddenly, he fell silent and stared at Luma. Something brown was curled up on her back, and got his attention.
He sniffed, and began to snicker.
''Hey, I didn't knew you guys kept pets....''

Tyrus came in between. ''Yeah, they have a ferret. Funny, uh.'' He cleared his troath. ''Say, Blood, it's time. I want some more wolves rounded up here for another match.''
Bloodclaw grinned. ''Now we're talking!!'' He turned to the three newcomers. ''I'd like to present you with a special treat around here... the competitions.'' He pointed his paw; some pretty muscled wolves in all shapes and sizes where coming forward already, as they heard Tyrus's words. ''These guys will be competing against each other. Of course, in pairs. The winners of each round will move on to the next... until we have two finalists. The winner will rise in rank, and gain some privileges.'' He chuckled. ''I'm sure you'll enjoy these matches. It's very entertaining.''

Tyrus trotted up to his own cave, and jumped on the only rock there was. ''EVERYONE... the competitions will begin in a few minutes. If you wish to compete, come forward! You all know what you can gain...''

And indeed, males gathered. Some seemed hesitant, and some stepped away from the group suddenly. They all looked around, to see which wolves where entering. The arrival of some wolves seemed to make others restless; at one point, six males gave up by just seeing another one enter.

In the end, ten bulky males stood. Some young, some a bit older. Scarred or downright untouched. Handsome and ugly. They just stood, waiting, as Bloodclaw picked the pairs. It seemed he knew each wolf personal; he didn't randomly pick pairs. As each pair was chosen, the others made the clearing free, and stood in a circle, waiting for the fights to begin.

Bloodclaw turned back to Six, Shadowstrike and Luma.
''Don't worry, guys.'' He grinned. ''Nobody is forced to enter these fights, but there's a lot a stake... these guys wanna try out. So no matter how rough it seems... nobody will get killed.'' He smiled, and sat down.

The first two where already standing ready... waiting for the signal to begin.

Many soldiers where looking at the three newcomers. How would they respond to this happening...?

Post by Guest » 04-02-2009 17:59

Will get to this after re-posting all of my profiles onto Hekaya, okays ppl?