::Freedom Shall Run:: (Private RP with Silverwolf92)

The rough mountains of the Hekaya lands, where only the strongest will survive.
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 30-06-2009 04:44

When Triple Six had had Alys in his jaws, he was dared and tempted. The little voice in the back of his mind screamed for him to just kill this loser once and for all. He would do no good for the pack anyway if this was how he was going to act. He could hardly believe this little swine would somehow become the heir. What, was their alpha out of his mind!? He actually almost sunk in harder, but knowing better he refrained. He might as well scare the shit though out of Prince just for amusement. As Freerider had immediately barked at them, Six already knew that he must have gone too far for the simple amusement and just to show Alys who he was really messing with. But of course, now that Six thought about it, it was more to it than just to stop because of a scene. After Six had left and gone his own way, he thought about all that had happened. Sure he took great pleasure in showing what Alys was really made of (which was nothing but jell-o), but he had forgotten whose presence was also there. On top of just Freerider and the hunters, he'd forgotten about Sawyer's nature. He cursed a bit at himself. He probably should have calmed down earlier. Maybe later on he'd go and apologize. Maybe she'd understand though why he did what he felt was right in the first place. . .

On top of Freerider shouting at them to stop, he'd recalled Rowena who must have been stopped. He couldn't hear much, but from the sounds of it she was not happy about his little stunt. He was surprised though to see that leader hunter defending him. Triple Six wondered if he might hav heard what Alys had said to him, which was the only explanation Six saw since Naois was defending him now. He scoffed a bit. What the hell did he deserve to suddenly be looked on as the bad guy? All he did was tell Alys to stop moaning, and that little prissy boy made HIM look like the bastard dog! Sighing, Six figured maybe he was a bit harsh. Even if he didn't like Alys (who constantly pushed his buttons), maybe that wasn't the way to go about things. Besides, it wasn't like they were staying at this pack. He could deal with Alys a bit more, couldn't he? Maybe Six shouldn'tve scared him that much. He made a bigger scene out of what was a small bickering. Maybe it was his fault... He suddenly shook his head. No, it wasn't his fault. Alys chose to answer back, to snap at him. And Six never truly snapped back unless provoked...

Alys meanwhile was having a fit. He almost looked like he would start on a rampage! His face was distorted in what looked like shock and half anger management problems. How DARE he! How dare that mongrel attack him so roughly like that! And insult him, why, Alys never thought such stupidity would EVER come out of that foul beast's mouth! Then again, Alys was a bit shocked that Triple Six took it that far! He was so close to death, he could feel Six's jaws wrap around his esophogus. It was too close for comfort, and Alys realized he had to play his cards right now with Six. Now that Alys knew what Six was capable of doing, Alys needed to be extremely careful with provoking the male. He could poke fun and pry, but he couldn't let it go so far as coming close to death. He might have been bold, being here and waiting for the right moment to take Freerider to his masters, but he wasn't about to lay down his life for them either. It was all about him, and he wanted to keep it that way. As he had arrived to where Albion was, he strolled in, panting and looking half stunned. "F-Father..! That Six character.. look what he did!" Alys said, showing his injured neck to Albion before he shook his head. "I told you he can't be trusted..." Alys murmured softly before he glanced back outside. "I suggest... you.. You talk to him..! Do something.. I, I'm afraid." Alys said, playing poor 'baby' routine. Alys glanced from side to side then, before he began to exit. He wasn't going to stay. If he stayed too long he might screw up the guilt trip. "I'll be heading out a bit.. I need to be alone." Alys said, and just as quickly as he had come to the alpha den, so quickly had he left.

He trudged up the crater's walls, until he came to his 'neck of the woods'. Glancing from side to side, knowing no one was present, he began to walk through a tunnel that was just for him. No one knew about it. It was time to see what the others were doing. His other 'comrads' so to speak. Maybe he could even finally speak his mind on what he hated about his current life in this dreaded pack. If he were leader now, he would have had Six killed and Freerider his.. But no, he was a lower level compared to the rest. All he could do now was report back and give small signals. The humans there could read wolven body language, and had proffessionals that could communicate. Genius, he felt these humans were. Sure they weren't hairy, but somehow Alys felt like they were his kind of people... Get what you want, and that's all that really mattered...

Back to Freerider, the hunters, and Sawyer, Cahal had trailed along with the group. He'd looked to Sawyer, a bit concerned. He thought that she and Triple Six were friends. Now that she'd seen him act a bit out of turn, would she be a bit timid around him again? He had to admit, Triple Six wasn't wrong at all with what he had stated back there. Cahal just wished it was handled more properly. As he came to where Sawyer was, he said softly, "Are you all right.. Sawyer..? You gunna be all right?" He then glanced to where Freerider was saying, "Perhaps maybe... I could tell you a travelling story later on this evening to soften this sudden blow we've had on our paws" he gave a small, weak smile. Then, it hit him. "Hey Freerider, why don't you come t'my place tonight?" he mentioned. "I mean.. with Naois' permission of course! Then I'd be able to tell you m story, and it could act like a ... bedtime story!" he smiled. "Sawyer, you should come to!" he mentioned. "It'd be like a sleepover." he grinned then before turning to Naois. "Would that be all right with you, Naois?" he asked then. He really hoped Naois would say yes, mostly because the day was already becoming shorter by the minute as evening time was approaching...

When evening had come, and Triple Six found himself quite lonely, he was about to go back to the pack. It was enough wallowing and anger, it was time to settle in for the night. Plus, Six had suddenly remembered that tomorrow he would be venturing out with Freerider.. Although, he wondered if she still wanted to travel with him. After what happened today, it was hard for him to tell if she'd be willing to have him as her partner still. Especially when he hadn't even confronted her all day now. Sighing, Triple Six was about to turn and walk when he suddenly heard pawsteps. Eyes peering a bit, he already realized it was the alpha. Oh joy, he knew what was coming to him. He waited for Albion to appraoch, before hearing him speak. In respect, as Albion began to speak, Triple Six rose from his spot and faced the alpha. Albion asked to speak with him, and reassured him with words stating he wouldn't ahve to leave. Triple Six immediately said then, "If this is 'bout the little scuffle I had with yer son, I'm sorry, I went too far. I didn' mean t'get carried away." he told Albion. "He was just.. being a bit of a handful.." Triple Six tried to explain. With his words said, he finally watied to see what Albion had to say.
ImageImage

Fading_Tracks
Pup

Post by Fading_Tracks » 01-07-2009 03:45

Sawyer seemed a bit shaken, but for the first time, she was actually holding back her cries. Something about Free being there, taking her away from the problem, she didn’t want to show her she was still weak. Even with her holding back, she saw Free was still giving her that look, the concerned one; she was so protective. Naois didn’t say much, just followed them as they retreated to a more isolated part of the field. He would watch her, but he kept a silent distance, knowing the females would talk better with each other as far as Sawyer was concerned. Though he didn’t say anything, Sawyer did look at him, but hearing Cahal approach caught her attention. Free glanced over as well, Cahal came closer to Sawyer and seemed highly concerned. Both females smiled lightly, Sawyer shook her head lightly.

“I’m fine Cahal…I’ll be alright.” she answered, her voice hushed but a bit more vocal then before.
“Eh Rowena’s just got something shoved up her bum, she’ll crap it out soon.” Free replied, winking at Sawyer.

She truly admired her spirit, trying with all her strength to be strong. Though she didn’t need to hold it in, she needed to not let the rage of other wolves get her down; especially when the rage was spewing from Rowena. Naois smiled, even chuckled lightly to Frees comment. His laughter seemed to be contagious because even Sawyer giggled lightly. Once Free got her up again, her head rose from the ground. It was true, she was a coward, but one day she hoped to prove their beta wrong. After all, she might’ve been timid, but she was intelligent, even more so then some of the others here. One day, she would show everyone she had her traits, and hopefully be taken seriously. She smiled at Free, silently thinking her for helping her power herself up. Then, Cahals voice seemed to catch everyone’s attention.

Free looked over toward Cahal, her tail hipping lightly from side to side. She could only imagine the stories this male had to tell them. But for the time, she felt she should have some time with Sawyer, she could use a stable paw. This wasn’t the time to be left alone, then, Cahal exclaimed again. His suggestion actually brought a smile to both the females’ faces, but Sawyers grew a larger grin as he invite her along. “Hey that’s a great idea, it would be a good way to get this off our minds. What do you say Sawyer, you in?” Free asked. Sawyers tail fell between her legs, suddenly she was feeling less certain about all of this. True, she was growing accustomed to being around males and talking to them, but sleeping in a den with one; it felt like she would be captive. But free nudged her lightly, a big grin on her face. “Don’t worry dear, I’ll be there too, you wont be the only female there. So is it alright Naois?” Free asked, both females now staring at the elder male.

Naois watched the whole conversation go on, and was honestly still shocked how well the young scout was taking all of this. Since she joined the pack, she hadn’t conversed with the pack often, only when she had to alert the higher ranks would she actually speak. Now all of them were staring at him, wondering if he would be alright with two females joining them. Though once you thought about it, what male would destest such an option; true he didn’t plan on mating, but the fact applied to all. He just wondered if the other found it odd he still shared a den with his brother. There was a lot of room, but even as he grew up, he was close to his brother. So it seemed the choice was made, and with a nod, he replied.

“Sure..after all, it’s been awhile since we’ve hung with others from the pack. Aithne, you’re welcome to join us as well.” he stated.

For the first time since he’d known her, Aithne was silent. Maybe because Sawyer was hurt and she wanted to give her a moment of silence to calm down. Though when he invited her, the tail flicked lightly from side to side. “Sure, why not. It’s been awhile since I’ve got to chill with some females.” she responded. Naois was tempted to spout some lesbian joke, but he held back and just smiled at the group. “Alright everyone, let’s head in. It’s about time I hear some more of my brothers tales anyway.” he stated, smirking in his brothers direction. No matter how he felt for the length of time he wandered, he still didn’t detest his brother crossing borders. So, after a jerk of his head, he headed for the den.

“I know…he didn’t exactly carry himself well when he entered the den. Honestly I felt the future leader wouldn’t be such a….pup.” he replied.

It was the cold truth. He loved his son from his heart to his tail, but he wondered how sometimes Alys could complain about things that didn’t even affect his younger children. Six might’ve been strong, but the future leader shouldn’t feel the need to come whimpering to their father about such a fight; especially when he had been taken easy upon. Hopefully his words reached Six, showing him he wasn’t the only one who got aggravated with Alys, or at least saw that his father wouldn’t blindly defend his son. Turning on his heels, he began to travel deeper in the forest. After such an exciting evening, he could use a stroll around their lands. “Mind if we walk and talk Six?” he asked.

Albion didn’t look back to see if he was followed, he just assumed the male would be respectful and humor him at least. Surely Six’s mood was still bitter from the event, but he hope he would still take Albion up on the offer. As he walked, he allowed there to be a small comforting silence, now that he didn’t seem as strict and hard headed as one would expect from the father of the son they attacked. After a moment, he spoke out again.

“Alys does do some things for the packs benefit; he scouts the lands often and does watch his siblings, but only upon my request. Some may question what I’m doing to make him into leader material, the answer is truly nothing. A leader should long to help the pack, use their rank and power to assist, rather than bask in glory. I try to give him my wisdom, see if he will absorb it and step up, and in his youth I taught him some techniques. Yet I feel now that he is an adult, his father shouldn’t have to tell him what is needed to be an alpha.” He explained.

It was a long winded explanation, so he gave Six a moment to respond.
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 07-07-2009 03:21

Cahal smiled with a small nod of understanding, before he padded a bit next to her and gave a small affectionate nudge. "Good." he stated. He almost sounded... proud. Proud that Sawyer had held her guts out. The Sawyer Cahal remembered would probably already high tail it out of the place when Alys and Triple Six were going at eachother, but Sawyer didn't once back down. Perhaps flinch, but she witnessed it all. Cahal felt she'd come a long way, and he suddenly realized he truly did have Freerider and Triple Six to thank. Although, he believed that possibly Triple Six was more a trigger to Sawyer becoming more open than the two combined. Smiling to himself, he realized that Naynali was right. Given the chance, already Cahal was seeing that there was more to Triple Six than met the eye. Instead of disliking the rather quirky and odd male, he started to gain respect for Triple Six as time flew on. As Freerider had commented Rowena had something stuck up her rear behind, Naois laughed rather heartily, which created a chain before Sawyer chuckled as well! Ears perked, even Cahal gave a small laugh escape his lips. As much as he had a crush on their beta, he couldn't help but laugh as well to the small little remarks made by Free.

When Cahal had suggested the overnight stay, and all heads had turned to Naois, Cahal hoped his brother would agree. He didn't think Naois would say no, but perhaps he'd find it odd that after all of this time there would be females sleeping in their den. Cahal chuckled. Their den... gee, Cahal thought to himself that maybe he would need to find a den for himself one day. He couldn't stay by Naois' side forever. What if his elder brother were to someday get a mate? Cahal couldn't be babied until the ends of time... He would probably discuss about moving out with Naois a bit later. But for now, a friendly get-together sleepover made the pup be reminded of his younger days. As Naois had given the 'OK', as well as invited Aithne, Cahal butted in saying, "It'll be good for you, Aithne!" he mentioned. "Get inside your inner woman!" he said with a tail wag, before realizing what he said. Tail already dropping and mouth twitching slightly, he said, "I mean... um... your more, feminine self." he tried to say rather nervously. But that just seemed more worse! "I-I mean, since you.. and.. uh..." Cahal paused. Maybe that was enough talking for the evening. He might as well save his voice for the story later in the den...

As Naois meanwhile said that it as time for everyone to head on in, Naois commented about Cahal's story telling. Grinning, Cahal said, "I won't disappoint you, I promise." He watched as Naois began to head off. Not wanting to get killed by Aithne, Cahal immediately then began to walk slightly faster, joining up with Naois before getting slightly faster with each and every pawstep. Boy, he'd be in dead water if Aithne didn't take lightly to his stupidity. Cahal couldn't bear to turn around and face Aithne's wrath. Then again, considering what he said he might as well face the concequences. After all, he might have been a bit cowardice at some times, but he did know his own faults when they occurred. If push came to shove, he would apologize when reaching the den.

--

As Triple Six listened to Albion's words, Six blinked with a bit of surprise. It seemed that Albion actually agreed with him! 'What a smart father..' Six thought to himself. He almost half snickered about the disappointment Albion had about the future leader. He didn't let it show though, and he held his composure as Albion spoke his words. Nodding, Triple Six said, "Just a pup licking his wounds. Isn't nothing unusual." he mentioned. "I probably got a bit of sense knocked into his noggin, so his pride is naturally sore I gather." Six added then. When Six spoke to those who he felt deserved his respect, he tried to speak more properly the best he could. His ears perked a bit when Albion then had started to walk deeper into the forest. He'd asked about walking and talking, and Six gave a few glances to the side. Ah, what the heck, it wasn't life or death. Triple Six gave a simple nod, and noted that Albion already began to walk away. Following in suit, Triple Six made sure to stay at a good distance enough so that he was neither beside nor in front of the Alpha. He'd stick behind and more close to walking beside the Alpha's hip. While the two walked, a small silence befell. Triple Six wondered if this was a sign. Was Albion going to give him one of those supposed 'father-son' talks? Of course, Six wasn't Albion's kid, but talks like the one probably about to have Six truly hated. He hated the feeling of being scolded, mostly because everything he did he figured was correct. But as Albion began to speak, Triple Six already knew how good an alpha Albion really was.
Albion explained that Alys did more than just watch his siblings. He scouted the lands it seemed. Triple Six wondered why. What was there to scout for if there was already scouts? Leaving it be, he continued to listen to Albion's explanation. It seemed that some felt it was odd for Alys to become leader, and questioned his methods of going on about making Alys into a leader. But Albion said he did nothing. He was letting Alys figure it out for himself, or at least, he was trying. He gave an explanation of what a leader truly was about. Triple Six couldn't help but gulp. This poor guy was wasting his time and energy. Sighing, Triple Six seemed to forget his place now and came beside the Alpha, and giving him a small look. "I don't mean to be rude when sayin' this, yer uh.. majursty." he mentioned. "But I don't think the boy is the wisest choice." Triple Six said. "From what I can see... and, I've got some experience in knowing things.." he paused. "Yer boy isn't ever going to learn unless you do a bit more." Six said. "He's on his own now right? You been keepin' tabs on him or somethin? Checking his progress? If no one looks after him he might as well jump off a cliff and think it's something enjoyable, if he lives that is." Six mentioned. "You gotta get that boy straight in the head. He flirts with your females, he moaned and complained when he wasn't payed attention to. He's been rather annoying to me and insultive," Six added.
Pausing, Six knew he probably would get a hell of a beating, considering this was Alys' father after all. But the way Six saw it, there was no way Alys would ever become a good alpha at the rate he was going. A boy wouldn't learn until told, and had it laid down right to him. If he didn't learn soon, concequences and punishments should've been done. If Alys would be alpha, he had to get it knocked into his knumbskull brain that nothing revolved around him, and that in order to be a good alpha, he had to stop being so damned selfish. Finally, Six said, "And he don't respect the others like you do." He glanced a bit before back to Albion. "I just got this... feeling." Six tried to explain. "He don't see everyone as equal. It's like himself compared to the rest." Six said. "And if he keeps on thinking that, then he isn't going to get anywhere. And you'll just hand your whole pack to someone who is incapable of leading, as well as keeping this pack alive."
ImageImage

Fading_Tracks
Pup

Post by Fading_Tracks » 22-07-2009 06:07

Sawyer couldn’t help but blush to the male nuzzling her, but her body remained nimble. As they walked to the brothers den, her head remained lowered still, only this time it was out of shyness rather than fear. Oddly, she wondered how she failed to notice the compassion her pack shared, how kind the hunter group was. Yet it was all because of Six that she managed to see the compassion in others, after all, if a gruff male like Six could have such a tender heart then it was pointless to fear her pack mates. Freerider stayed by her side, smiling at her on occasion, hoping she would raise her head up a bit. “Don’t worry, this should be fun, it’s just among friends.” Free stated and flashed a smile at Sawyer

Naois watched his brother scurry to his side, lightly he shook his head. How silly of his brother to worry he offended Aithne, she was rarely impacted by ones words, and if slightly aggravated, she would turn it into a joke by rough playing with the other wolf, acting like she was more upset then she was. Still he smiled at his brother, promising the tales would be filled with gripping detail, he lightly nudged his brother to hopefully settle him. Aithne just chuckled to her partners comment, she had been use to it, yet it seemed that Cahal was succumbing to anxiety over it. Leaving it be for the moment, she followed the group to the brothers den. She never really found it odd that the brothers shared a den. After all, they were family, and until they had mates there was no reason for them to find separate sleeping places. Taking her mind off the brothers, she focused on the fidgety female. Sawyer seemed to have relaxed since the argument, and for her normal nature, she actually took it rather well. Freerider seemed to still be attempting to pull Sawyers spirits up, but she felt maybe they should back off a bit, Sawyer was growing and needed to move on her own. Of course Free was just giving her encouragement, but hopefully Sawyer would get more room to move her legs on her own. Either way, they all would have time to bond in the den, that way Sawyer could get use to it without having a constant guide beside her.

Once they approached the entrance to the brothers den, Aithne smiled over at Cahal. “Stop worrying you girl, I’m fine.” she replied with a wink before crawling inside. She never took jokes among her team seriously. They joked about her being lesbian, she joked about Cahal being a girl and so on, it was all in good fun and Cahal had no need to apologize. Freerider and Sawyer followed in shortly, and both Freerider and her sat on either side of Sawyer. Naois waited for all the females to enter before he himself entered, waiting for his brother to follow. Now that the anxiety should have settled, now they could listen to Cahal’s tale. They all listened, the females, especially Sawyer, falling under his brother’s spell as he told his story. Honestly, Naois was impressed as well; he wondered what it would be like to endure these adventures as well. As the night ventured on, the females slowly drifted off to sleep.

~~

Albion noticed Six keeping a respectful distance, though that didn’t last long as Six finally pushed forward to state his mind. No matter how rude one could take it, or how truly out of turn the male was, he listened with an open mind. He could see the age in Six’s eyes. One didn’t have to measure his years to show age, the male had been through enough to get him by for the rest of his days. Still, Albion pondered, unsure of how to take the others advice. True, he could’ve done more, thing was, he had been guiding him since he was a child; he just never seemed to grasp it. But Six couldn’t know this at first, and even if he believed letting Alys grow on his own was what should be done, it just didn’t seem to register. In the silence, he decided to put Six’s mind at ease. Surely he didn’t regret his words, but he didn’t want the other fearing they would be taken to heart.

“Maybe my methods aren’t what are best for him, even if I am set in my ways, knowing there’s a time one needs to learn on their own. But for the pack, I should attend to him more frequently. However, I don’t plan on surrendering my role anytime soon, so I have time to work with him.” He replied with a chuckle. Though he tried to lighten the mood, he knew that if Alys couldn’t change, he would just have to give it to Owen once he was a bit older. “I know he annoys you, I see that Alys and you don’t click well, though I don’t think that will ever be fixed.” Albion stated.

As Six continued, he seemed to have something he was holding back, one of his brows rose. As Six continued, he spoke how Alys felt he was above the others, turning away from Six, he took a deep inhale. He hated contemplating he was handing his pack a death sentence, and Six bringing it to light did pinch a nerve in his pride. But, coolly, he took another deep breath and took a seat once they were beyond the trees. There was a stretch of land before them, still being guarded by the mountains. Glancing up at the moon he allowed Six to finish before he started.

“It may not seem so, but I do know what’s best for the pack. I might have been going about Alys’s learning process the wrong way, but I am constantly pondering alternatives to keep the pack safe. I just hope I can fix Alys to a point he will be capable of being the leader.” he stated. It might have sounded rather defensive, but the thought of the weight of the packs downfall on his shoulders was something that he couldn’t handle. Things needed to change; he wouldn’t be responsible for his packs suffering. He would have a talk with Alys later; see how he acted after his walk alone. But something needed to be done. Once Albion himself calmed his inner storm, he turned a smile toward Six. “You have a vast amount of pack knowledge Triple Six, I’m sure you made an excellent leader.” Albion stated.

It was obvious Six led a pack in his day, if not then he well should have. His knowledge was widely spanned and he had courage and control. Still, he didn’t wish to pry into the others past, his scars led him to believe it was one that wasn’t pleasing enough to brag. Yet maybe he could provide some soothing thoughts, as he and Six began to grow closer to that line of comfort, especially after he himself was judged for his skills. He didn’t let the words get to him, he needed to be the wise one and not allow petty words and truth to cloud his mind.
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 31-07-2009 07:41

Arriving at the den, Cahal was relieved to see it. Waiting at the entrance for the others, his ears slightly folded for a moment, perking lightly before seeing Aithne approach him. "Aithne, I-" "Stop worrying you girl, I'm fine." Blinking, Cahal chuckled before he lightly nipped at her tail as she went inside. Watching Freerider and Sawyer follow then he slightly bowed his head. "Welcome to our home!" he said brightly, watching as the females sat all together, and Naois finally entering as well. Smiling, watching his brother go past him, he finally entered himself. He settled himself in the middle of them, before he grinned and began his tale. He spoke of the time when he had run into a wolf of golden fur, the first he ever encountered on his trips. Later, a mountain pack that was farther from the Craterstone, the leader a menacing tyrant. Singlehandedly Cahal had said tha it was he who made the evil one without an eye when he chose to fight this menace, and rescue the golden femme. Next, he had met a bigger wolf, one of black colors and golden colored eyes. The three of them travelled to the kingdom of the cats, who were surprisingly ones to welcome the wolves into their home.

Then, Cahal explained that the cats lived in a dome, and their kingdom was many. The menace, his name going by Tyrus, was not done with his revenge against Cahal. In turn, his army of many wolves charged toward the cat's kingdom, burning the area to the ground from above, forcing the move. For some time had Cahal become part of the cat's pride. But he was also mixed in the killing of their king, for he had betrayed them for the sake of letting the golden femme and the raven colored male live peacefully together without any harm to befall upon them. He had joined the pack he had hated to save them. He had witnessed unthinkable things the pack had done in their time of need. The selfish brutes showed no mercy to their enemies, as well as their prey. He did not explain in detail, for it was all in story mode, and he couldn't let anything be truly horrifying compared to what he had witnessed so long ago. They were evil, and Cahal finally explained that only one male did he meet that was unlike the rest. He was just. A soldier that had reasons for his duties, and the fact that Cahal played hero when the time was right.

He had driven off the evil Tyrus from the pride, he had helped his soldier partner save his family, and in the end, everyone was happy. As his story dragged on, and he found it coming to a close. He almost made up the ending, stating that he and his companion were the ones to restore peace to the cat's land by their lonesome, and finally grasp victory in their paws. Smiling in success as he saw the enthusiasm in everyone's eyes, Cahal nodded his head and said, "And that is the greatest adventure that I have had yet." Of course, after the story, a light chatter erupted from them all. Cahal could only wish that this would be something happening almost every night. Company, stories, chatting with one another and growing together in a bond. That was something he hoped could somehow become a tradition between them. Until the night sky was finally dark enough, all went still in the den and became quiet. At this point, everyone slept, drifting off into their own dream lands. It was away from reality, and into fantasy did the realms of sleep bring them.

--

Triple Six listened intently to what the alpha was saying. First off, Albion seemed to slightly side with the reasons that Six had mentioned beforehand, and already stated that he would be on Alys' case now more than what used to be. Time... funny how that word worked. It was true that Albion had time to work with Alys, but how much 'time' did the alpha truly have? It was true that this was now the present, but later it would slowly slip into the other folders entitled 'past'. Time itself was not something that was long, but something that was shorter than what man or beast ever wanted. It was a tricky word, and if time were really on Albion's side, Alys would soon learn well and be a better alpha than he showed himself to be worth now. Still, Triple Six doubted even now, with so much time on Albion's paws, it would never be enough. At this point in the game, Alys was already classified as an adult, and yet he still acted like a selfish, immature pup. He wanted this, and he demanded for things that were nothing but stupid 'toys' that wouldn't last him as much as he would want it.

He was a self-centered prissy boy who saw nothing but himself in this world, and that for the rest of his life he would be smothered and loved for his ways and how he thought of things. Just thinking about Alys' leadership made him want to vomit a hairball. Vomit it, and then throw it at the damned punk. That would teach that snot nosed runt a thing or two... Or it would just set him off and have him go run towards 'daddy' again to save him from the 'horrible, meanie' Triple Six. "I only pray that the time yer searching for is on your side, Alpha." Six spoke softly. Albion would definately need it, that was for sure.

Although his ears slightly perked and his eyes popped open once Albion mentioned that Alys annoyed in bitterly. His ears folded a bit and he spoke. "I know it isn't mature of me to pick fights with younger kids like him, but in truth I would show respect if he would manage to show me a little you know?" he commented. "I mean, I know I'm not someone that looks trustworthy. I've got my reasons for how I look, but I don't feel like I should be judged by the way that I am." Triple Six said. "It bothers me that your son has categorized me in something that I am not. And in truth your highness, sure he might put me in a category that could almost define who I am... Who I was.." he paused.

He gave a sigh. "The point is sir, whatever your son has put me in, if it is true, then I have changed." Triple Six said. He wasn't saying that Alys was wrong to categorize him in a suspcious category, but he also was trying to say that he wished to not be defined as the topic he once used to be. "In any case..." Triple Six cleared his throat for a moment. "Look sir, I'm basically the guy that has in his mind, 'I don't bite unless bitten'. I'm sure if maybe your kid didn't jump into conclusions about me we'd be all gung ho happy." he said. Of course, now that sounded more like Six was blaming Alys for the fact that he was still a suspicious character aroun everyone else. He hadn't forgotten his little outbursts he'd had earlier on, but it made nothing better when Alys butted in.

Triple Six blinked a bit, his ears folding slightly as Albion spoke once more. "I apologize if it seemed I didn't think your methods appropriate sir." he said. "You are a strong leader, I know that your ways are best. I can see it." Triple Six said. Although it seemed the storm of the emotion passed from the leader's gaze before the male commented on Triple Six's knowledge. It made him feel a bit fluttered for a moment, to have a compliment come from a higher rank than his own. Although... the fact that long ago when he had friends and was considered a leader? His face seemed to look in thought before he shook his head. "No, sir." Triple Six said as he hung his head, staring at the ground. "I may have knowledge and experience... But as a pack leader..." he paused. All of them, his comrads were no more. "I failed miserably..."
ImageImage

Fading_Tracks
Pup

Post by Fading_Tracks » 02-08-2009 04:46

Albion watched as the male took a seat beside him. The night was rather calm and serine and talking to such a male was a blessing for Albion. It was rare to find such wisdom in company aside from his pack. As the gruff male talked about how he felt by his sons’ words, Albion listened in silence, taking it all in. Everything Six spoke was truth, one shouldn’t be judged by looks alone, no matter how menacing one might take from it. Quietly, he allowed the male to continue, sharing his feelings about how even if there was reasoning to one misjudging him that he had changed; something Albion didn’t doubt for a moment.

The moon reflected off Six’s deep fur, lighting him with a smooth blue of the night, Albion just smiled at the male. No matter how wise, he still saw Six as one he would call his son, no matter how beyond his years he was. He was still an equal as far as Albion was concerned, but of course every wolf at various ages always had more to learn. He gave a smile when Six told him he was still great in his eyes, it was good to hear and hopefully Six would take the comment of his own. But Six didn’t. His eyes seemed to fill with sorrow in the reflection of past memories. Stating how his life was filled with mistakes, ones that made him less of a leader. Albion’s eyes drifted toward the sky.

The sky was bare and absent of any clouds, leaving the moon free to glow about. The sky was dark with its midnight hue, yet the moon was vast enough to light the scenery. He allowed the thoughts to roll through his mind, with a sigh he began to reply to the male. “There has never been a leader who has escaped the fate of a mistake. The only reason it drags on souls like yours and mine is because lives hang in the balance. But trust me when I say that even in our grandest failures, we are given lessons we learn for the future. After all, a mistake is just a lesson to teach us, it’s if you disregard these lessons is when you have failed.” He explained, slowly his eyes drifted back the younger male. His scars seemed to gleam in the moonlight, but his face remained soft and unphased. “And, life has a funny and yet cruel way of leading one to something better down the road.” He finished, allowing Six to take it in. Likely it was something the wolf didn’t wish to hear, but it was truth and one day he would realize it himself. Choosing to give him the option of changing the subject, Albion cleared his throat and returned to the previous discussion.

“My pack isn’t one that is so accustomed to the casual stranger. Just know that not all the pack thinks you’re evil, they just fear what they never saw. Alys on the other hand..” he stated, but his tone faded into that of disappointment. His son just wasn’t that much of the accepting type. No matter Six’s past, he didn’t deserve to be forced to relive it. Life was about changing and growing, if it was meant to dwell in the past then time would stand still. The past was meant to educate you for the future, something that was far more important then what can’t be fixed. Six was just a reserved fellow and in fear of befriending others, this didn’t make him cruel. Composing himself, he continued on.

“He had no right to make you feel negative about your appearance. Judgment should be made on character, which is something you have definitely proven to be of good manner.” he explained. He would have to talk with his son, no matter their disagreements; it shouldn’t lead to kicking the wounded. Looking back off into the distance, he decided to be a bit blunt with the male. “Besides…I feel my son is more pulled to belittle you because he fancies your friend Freerider. He sees most males as threats and can get rather jealous. I’m not approving his actions, and I know there is more to his cruelty, I just think she’s a key factor.” he explained. Albion hoped the other wouldn’t take his words out of context.
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 26-08-2009 02:40

Triple Six listened to the alpha's words, and for a moment he felt like he was a young pup being told a life long lesson from a 'could-be' father. He could feel his chest tighten as Alpha Albion explained to him that leaders throughout the ages never escaped their fate after a mistake had been made on their part. Boy, was that certainly true. Triple Six could hardly imagine living a happily, ever after, perfect life in the future after he'd messed up so badly for his teammates. It was something selfish to imagine, and it made him disgusted to even try and believe that things were 'okay', when in reailty, he was the cause of the deaths of many innocent lives... Albion had said that the only reason why it weighed Triple Six down so much was because the lives of others depended upon him the most. For Triple Six, he couldn't agree more with Alpha Albion. It was true that the lives he'd sought to protect he had tried, and failed. The lives that hung in the balance of life and death waned to where the souls of the crimson pool bubbled, waiting for their fellow brethren. The one thing that Triple Six could not understand was the fact that Albion said that even in the worst of failures, a lesson was always learned for the future.

What exactly was this life lesson? Especially when the experience he faced was something that could have ended well. It could have ended with succession. Was the lesson based on Six's experience to never trust someone ever again? To never think ahead of the game? To never really try and gain what you were fighting for? It all began to bubble inside of Six, the rage mixed in with the confusion. He remembered that day when a brethren came with them, someone not of their alliance to begin with... And how they were so happy, and joyous. And how he fell back to retrieve another after hearing the news of their absence. How he was too late when the sudden attack came, and how in the end, everyone he knew, and everything he once believed died. His ears went behind his head a moment, but he did not speak until Albion was finished. Albion continued, another sentence that led to life having its twisted ways of bringing one person to a better road along the pathway. Ears turned, and he felt like rage was taking.

"Then tell me this, Alpha." Triple Six spat, of course, not because he was sarcastically calling the male in front of him 'alpha', but more toward the fact that he was beginning to become more riled and frazzled. "The life lesson, what should that be for me? To never trust another soul completely ever again? To think that I was too foolish to believe during that time that not just me would ever reach to freedom like this!?" he roared. "Back then, we were so close. We were on the borderline between heaven and hell. I led them across with my best friend.." he choked. "And I stupidly went back after someone told me one was left behind. I was stupid enough to believe that there was another wishing for freedom too! I was a fool for thinking that I should have ever believed their words." he snarled. "And then, I missed EVERYTHING. They fought without me, I wasn't there to help them! To save them! I am a sorry excuse for a leader, for someone who wasn't even present when the fight took place." Six said, already he was found more rambling than getting to his point. All of the frustration, all of the anger inside began to burst out upon the scene. "Life is cruel, and it's twisted." he snarled. "It isn't fair, damnit. They DESERVED to live! They deserved to reach their freedom as well!" he growled. "Why is it that they chose me to survive after all of this time? Me, when I was nothing more than someone who killed our very kind! Someone who rolled in their blood, blinded with lust and wanting nothing more than to see limbs torn and heads ripped, flesh dug out and nats all over the carcasses." he said. "Why a fool like me!? Why should I have been given this path when I deserve NOTHING."

crap post D: i'm sorry D: Also I feel that since Triple Six is in a rather angered state, he's gone completely over albion's words about alys and such. I figured it'd be slightly ooc since for Six this is him in 'the heat of the moment'. )
ImageImage

Fading_Tracks
Pup

Post by Fading_Tracks » 31-08-2009 05:30

Albion glanced down at Six, hearing the change of his tone. It was obvious rage was arising within the broken soul of an old leader. His heart sank but he remained in silence, merely giving him a glance to alert him that he was listening. Soon enough, the rest began to pour freely from the male’s maw. There was a heavy breath that left the alphas nostrils; he was asking some rather complicated questions, ones that a stranger couldn’t simply answer. Nothing Albion would tell him would solve this pain, but he could donate his ear and maybe explain a way to follow the right train of thought. A path that would eventually lead to the answer he was seeking. Soon the male fell silent and he glanced back at the sky for a moment.

“There are some questions I will not be able to answer. I cannot give you the satisfaction of revealing the lesson you should be learning, that will come to you on your own time.” he stated somberly, knowing the male wouldn’t take too kindly to it. But he would do his best to shed some light on the male, maybe help lead his ponderings down the right path of self awareness. “Going to save one of your own is never a stupid act; it shows you show compassion in times of distress. It was just unfortunate that you had to leave the others, but no matter if you were there or not, if your whole pack couldn’t stop it then one other wolf may have not helped.” he stated, sighing heavily. It might have sounded crude, but he meant it in all honesty, for an alpha to think their pure strength would save the pack is illogical. But still aching from past wounds, hearing truth would hurt anyone in Six’s condition. Slowly, he turned back to the male. “No matter how cruel the world is at times, it takes us in the direction we’re supposed to be heading.” He stated, after which fell a silence.

“Losing your comrades may teach you ways to prepare for battle, educate you for any similar situations that might fall your way. But we all deserve life, even you, no matter how you may disagree with it.” he explained. He rose to his feet, staring off into the sky above them. “All I know is, there is a reason life takes us down the roads we go, why we meet people in our lives.” he stated, giving a slight pause, hoping Six might see what he meant by those words. “But we learn to see why life does the things it does, whether we find out ourselves or if we meet a person who could explain it all to us. But for us to find them, we need to be able to confide the truth into them so they will enlighten us. I might not be that person Six, but I know you will find them. They might even be closer then you think.” he stated. For a moment he fell silent again, feeling bad to have ranted for so long. Yet he hoped in some way, he helped Six. It might have not been in the grand way he was waiting for, but someone would fill in the holes for him one day; Albion just hoped his meeting with Six was meaningful in some way, that he gave him the little push some power above was guiding him to. However, only time would tell.

“Come…we should get some sleep.”

~~~

The following morning, Frees eyes fluttered open, feeling a bundle of warmth beside her. Drifting her haze filled eyes over, she noticed Sawyer curled up into her belly. A smile slowly wrapped along her maw before her eyes maneuvered around to the others. It seemed the team had found comfort in one another. Aithne had enclosed Cahal between Naois and herself, and the elder brother had a secure paw wrapped over the younger male’s neck. The look on Naois’s face seemed uncomfortable, but one couldn’t fight ones true will while asleep. Blinking vibrantly, she let out a yawn and cautiously pulled away from Sawyer. As her weight slowly slipped from underneath the young female, Sawyer merely stirred before falling deeper into sleep. Once she adapted to the absence, she merely curled more to the closest thing to her, which happened to be Aithne; probably for the best until Sawyer got more use to males. Slowly, she crept from the den and slipped out into the morning.

As the sun fell upon her face, Free let out a large stretch and yawned without concerning if others saw. Pulling her body back toward a more upward pose, she pushed forward before returning to normal. It was a beautiful morning, and hopefully the tensions of last night had left with the breaking of dawn. Now she only wondered where Six could be, she began to walk about in search for him but she spotted the carcass in the distance, still settling there for wolfs to gather breakfast. Cautiously, she made her way over to the meat, looking up at Rowena. Her gaze was far from soft, but she kindly nodded before Free grabbed a share of meat. After flashing a smile to the firm female, she trotted off in her own direction. She kept glancing about, waiting for Six to emerge, but for the time she settled with laying on some grass to wait for him.
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 31-08-2009 06:40

As Albion spoke, Triple Six began to cool down. Perhaps he was being selfish all along. Self pity, perhaps. Whatever it was, Triple Six started to hate his resentment to that day more, and more. Albion spoke true, he spoke wisdom that was far beyond Triple Six's years combined. Albion was a true leader, and Triple Six respected that in every way. For a long while, Triple Six was silent as Albion spoke. He didn't have the voice to speak, but he wanted to say thank you. He wanted to say he was sorry for acting out of line, for getting so angered. But he felt like his throat was shut very tightly. And all he could do was think. Albion had said that there were reasons why things happened the way they did. Both for the good and the bad, it happened for a reason. And whatever that reason was, no matter how much it made Six's head turn, he started to think differently on the situation. Maybe this did happen for a real reason. He couldn't see it just yet, but somehow, he started to feel like maybe he could be given a second chance. After all of this time, after wallowing, wading in the waters, drowning, he started to feel like he could come up for air. Finding words to speak, Triple Six had looked up from where he walked as he and Albion went back to the pack. "I'm sorry... for getting aggressive like that, Alpha." he apologized. A short pause came. "Thank you.." he said. "For everything.." another pause came before he sighed. "Maybe... maybe now I just need to.. to realize more clearly that... that I can finally come up for air, ya know? I can finally breathe.. I don't gotta drown anymore... I can remember, and know my mistakes.. my errors.. ask for forgiveness, for their souls at least... and finally have that weight off my shoulders.." Six said softly. "It might take time.. but I think I can do it.." he said. It was a step, even for Six. But one small step always had more to follow, until finally the baby steps wouldn't be needed anymore...

---

When Triple Six and Albion arrived at the pack lands now, Six bid his adieu to the Alpha before going to where he would sleep tonight. That slanted rock bed... Wasn't much, but he liked it. Hopping aboard, Six lay there before he looked up to the stars. He suddenly felt like this night was much more clearer than all the rest. But suddenly, another topic though suddenly trailed into his head. 'They might even be closer then you think.' Closer than he thought? Well, the first person that had come into his mind was Freerider... She had travelled with him... and although they hadn't gotten on a right footing, they were slowly becoming friends. And he enjoyed that, having a true friend. But suddenly, he found his cheeks feeling hot and his tongue slightly hung out of the side of his mouth. Upon realizing what he was doing, he felt his face slightly scrunch into what looked like an uncomfortable feeling. Almost like a pup who hated getting a bath. It wasn't meant to be taken in the 'ew' kind of way, but more like a Triple Six way in saying, oh my god what the hell am I thinking? And indeed, what the hell was Six thinking? The thoughts began to run in his mind. He pictured himself pouring out his past, pouring out everything to her. He thought of the good result, and of the bad result. The bad result was rejection, and the more he thought about it, the more he wished that he could just erase his past completely. But if he did that, he would be dishonoring all the lives that died that day if he erased that memory... The good result was very small for him; scarce. She would accept, and she would help him... She would be his savior. If only that could happen in reality. Sighing, he rested his head on his arm. He felt so tired now, but somehow, he started to smile. That one step... It'd taken him a while, but he finally managed to press forward. Maybe in a few years, he'd finally be down that path that Albion talked about, and toward better things.. but never forgetting that day, keeping the memories clear in his head. He would never forget the lives that died that day, and somehow, he felt like he began to honor what had happened so long ago, and it was all because of this small step.. With that in his mind, he started to drift off into slumber.

---

When early morning had come, Triple Six was already up. He didn't know how long he had slept, but he realized that for a while now, all he did was stare up at the sky. He watched as the colors of darkness began to change to lighter shades of orange and red, before his ears perked. Breakfast was coming. His stomach gave a rather loud growl, and as he licked his lips he approached. He waited for all to take their share before he grabbed a firm piece and walked away. Something was tugging at him in the back of his mind. There was something special abotu today... But he couldn't remember. As he started eating a little ways off, he stopped when he saw Freerider. She seemed to have just awoken a few moments after him, and he saw her go to the kill and grab her share before walking away. Ears slightly perking, he remembered. Today they were going to go out and venture. He felt the shade of pink come across his face again, but he grumbled and rose, following her. His ears bent forward and back, and he looked rather grumpy, but it was only because he was trying to fight back the sudden fluttery feelings he started to acquire. As he watched Freerider find a spot to lay on, he nervously approached, and gave her a soft nudge with his nose on her hip. "Mornin'." he said with a small smile, his meat in his jaws before he came around, sitting next to her then. "So uh.. you ready fer t'day..? Adventure.. wooo..." he said, trying to sound as enthusiastic as he could.
ImageImage

Fading_Tracks
Pup

Post by Fading_Tracks » 16-09-2009 07:40

Freerider had been right in the middle of chewing a rather tough section of flesh when she felt a nudge against her thigh. It was cold and damp, that of a wolf’s nose no doubt. Looking up, she smiled when she saw who it was, glad to see it was Six and not Alys. Yes, she liked Alys a rather great deal, but he seemed to be rather clingy the other day and she was in need of space. Plus, she had an date with Six, wait no, an arrangement. Her cheeks flushed when she stumbled on the word date, but she brushed it off, hoping her grin would hide hr rosy cheeks. For now, it was best to just be with Six today and hope he didn’t run into them; especially after last night.

Her eyes followed him as he rested by her. Nodding lightly, her smile grew. “Yup, once we feed ourselves that is.” she replied. Her eyebrow rose slightly though, unsure if his tone was sincere or not. Leaning down, she finally ripped the coarse piece of meat from the rest and gnawed it until it was merely mush as she swallowed it. Her smile crossed her face again, even if Six wasn’t all that excited, she’d be sure he would be once they got out there. Still, jokingly she leaned her body over and nudged him slightly off the ground, though not with enough force to knock him on his side. Her ears perked lightly as she bit in her meat once more, trying to eat faster so the day would go to a quick start. Her eyes glanced back to gaze at her surroundings, though she was relieved to see Alys was nowhere to be seen; must have been a subconscious act.

Looking back she smiled, grabbing her last bit of meat and gulping it down. With light flickering in her eyes, she rose to her feet, her tail whipping in the air. “Come on. Let’s head out before we’re missed.” she replied.