::Freedom Shall Run:: (Private RP with Silverwolf92)

The rough mountains of the Hekaya lands, where only the strongest will survive.
Fading_Tracks
Pup

::Freedom Shall Run:: (Private RP with Silverwolf92)

Post by Fading_Tracks » 16-01-2009 03:50

Her heart pounded in her chest, making it harder and harder to breathe. The ground beneath her paws was cold and hard, winter had been approaching quickly this year. Trees in the distance were bare, exposed branches were facing the elements while leaves lay scattered at their base. Only a few trees still thrived on their branches, long, thin and rather pointy leaves. Others were only covered by a few leaves struggling to hold on. Wind blew against her face; a powerful chilling breeze caused her eyes to chill, so she closed them for a moment to warm them. As she opened them, she could now see from them again as the wind sub-sided. Fear lingered in her eyes, they could not take her, but she was growing tired. She had been running for miles, how long it had been was unknown to her, barely noticing the sun had fallen behind the vast mountains in the distance. Her cocky attitude about losing them in her tracks faded a few hours ago.

The faint sound of horse hooves trampled behind her, men calling out in some language that she could not make out. Turning her head back, she could see these humans chasing her on large horses, swinging ropes and holding spears. Facing the path before her, she picked up her speed. Trying to gather more air, her mouth hung wide open, tongue flapping against the side of her face. Her fur was dripping with sweat, her body shook as the night sky brought a sudden cold whip over the land. The skin under her fur rose in small bumps, causing some of her fur to stand on end. The sun vanishing beyond the horizon made it harder to see the men behind her. All she could hope was for a place to hide, but all she could see in front of her was even more stretches of land, a few pine trees, she was in clear view of the poachers. This might be the end; her muscle grew weak, almost tripping over herself.

No, she could never give up, the only time that would happen is if she lost consciousness. With any strength she had, she would continue to flee until everything fell to complete darkness. After she crossed the long range of land with no trees for cover, she slipped into a group of bare trees. The deeper she went, the less she could see of the men. She had lost them, but not for long. As she stopped, trying to catch what breath she had lost, she turned to see how much path she had before her. The forest would only conceal her for so long, she needed shelter or quick. Then, moving in the distance, she saw him. A broad male strode along the path before her. Her ears lifted and a smile crossed her face, maybe he would help her.
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 16-01-2009 04:03

A large, grey dire male was walking across the border land of what seemed to be a green scenery. His ears twitched a lot more. At first, he thought he was hearing things. Horse hooves entered his ears, going in one and out the torn one. He scoffed, continuing on his way. He must have been hearing things. It had been days since he was not in any contact with any wolf or creature. Then again, perhaps he was going crazy. Why in moon's name would there be horse hooves in these parts?

His nose twitched. He suddenly sniffed the scent of a wolf. No, it couldn't be. He stopped in his tracks, looking, peering into the forests depths. The scent was getting stronger, horse hooves began getting louder. NO... it couldn't be. Could it? What had this wolf done to be getting chased by horses? Couldn't this wolf honestly just go after the horses and take them down? He scoffed. He saw her coming towards him then, and kept walking, a monotonous look on his face. He wasn' going to pay any attention to this wolf at all. He was just a passerby after all.

As he walked by, he could hear the faint yelps of help, and he saw her stop, looking up at him. "What? You want my help?" he asked with a grunt. He just shook her off. It was her own fault for having horses chase after her. Another sound though filled his ears. And this was a familiar sound.. It was of.. HUMANS. He turned to look at the noise. Perhaps he'd help this wolf, anyways. "WAIT HERE." he charged ahead then, and listened to what the humans said.

"AFTER THAT WOLF!" one called.
"WE GOT HER NOW!" another said, having a rope in his grip.
"WAIT UNTIL OUR BOSS HEARS OF OUR CATCH!" someone shouted with a laugh. He snarled, a low deep bloodcurtling snarl filled the air. It was just like before.. so long ago. These humans, they were after animals, mainly wolves. For labor, and perhaps even other things and jobs that needed to be done. NEVER AGAIN!

666 gave out a huge roar when one of the horses came his way, and it whinnied as it got up onto its hind legs and neighed shrilly as the man was thrown off. At that moment he lunged and the man was dead in seconds, blood splurting. He charged at another that had come so close to the wolf, tearing off the horses hind leg before jumping on the human and killing him. He saw about two more running off to the other direction after seeing this terrible beast.

"MONSTER! MONSTER!" a human yelled. 666 wouldn't allow this one to get away. He leapt and decapitated the human before blood spilt onto his fur. He saw the other already gone far away. He let out a bloodcurtling howl as warning, and finally turned back to where this she-wolf was.

"They won't bother you anymore..." he said quietly. His muzzle was pasted with red, his whole body covered in scars and what looked like red paint. For a split second his eyes turned to yellow slits. She noticed numbers were on his head, and they were a bad sign. For a split second, he almost looked like a demon. "Tell me... why were those humans after you?" he asked gruffly.
ImageImage

Fading_Tracks
Pup

Post by Fading_Tracks » 16-01-2009 04:06

Her gaze fell; all hope and joy fell from them the moment the wolf stared back with a questioning glance. He was just going to leave her here, it was the end. The muscles of her legs began to tremble, she could no longer run, her breathing was labored, and she thought that she might faint soon. Then, hearing the men she shot her head, eyes replaced with fear, no, they were closer. How could she live, not being able to be free? All she could think of was what the humans planned to do to her, the sick and twisted things they did to animals they used for their own needs. She turned away, panting as she stared at the floor. If they were going to catch her, she was ready to give them a hard chase before the strength was stripped from her. Just as she was about to set off, she heard the males’ voice and turned to him.

He told her to wait; all she could do was stare off as the male leapt from the safety of the shrubs. Then, cries for help and the sound of death filled the air, horse cried and humans screamed their final words before silence came over them. Quickly, she rushed over to the bushed and hid behind them, but peeked through the small gaps to watch the wolf on his killing spree. Soon, the group retreated, one not making it out of the death trap, but the other slowly faded in the distance. A cloak of darkness covered the land, the male wolf howled off a vicious warning to whoever happened to hear it. Then, he retreated, still overcome with fear from the men; she scurried away from the bushes as the male entered them.

A wolf that was willing to kill all those men, maybe he was saving her for himself. Something in his voice, as he promised her safety, told her that there was nothing to fear from him, so she slowly rose to her feet. Occasionally, her muscles would go through a small spasm as they tried to hold her body up, but she refused to fall in front of another wolf. The markings on his forehead, she had heard small tales about those symbols. Of course, she only understood a small amount of human tongue, but they spoke to their young ones about it represented something evil and demonic, things with it usually killed for pleasure and nothing more. Seeing this did not settle well, so her guard rose as she kept a safe distance from the wolf. Then, he asked her of the humans, deciding to keep safe, she would answer. Her gaze never left the wolfs eyes, even if she was afraid, she refused to show weakness and fear.

“I have no idea….I was just passing through and they spotted me. All I know is they wanted to catch me with the rope they kept throwing toward me.” she explained.
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 16-01-2009 04:08

As he kept moving foward to her, nothing changed. His facial expression remained the same. It was cold, filled with rage, but there was something she couldn't see past either. A hidden emotion. He watched the one survivor run off, scoffing to himself. If it was one thing, if this was just like his past... they wouldn't stop. Once a wolf was targeted... it would be a continuous chase until he or she was caught either alive or dead... Or right now. Barely hanging by a thread.

He watched her from his eyesight. So, she saw the markings upon his head. He noticed how she shook only once in a while. She was far from being OK. They must have been chasing here for at least a few hours. He noticed something else. She was questioning her own judgement of trusting him. It was these very numbers that kept her at bay. He was something to fear. A large massive dire wolf, scars all over? Markings that meant the devil's number.. and a skeleton spiked collar to go? How could he not scare someone by looking like he did?

He watched her still, he could read her like an open book. The same with every other animal he had come into contact with. That same insecure look on their face, eyes that showed fear. He'd seen it all, knew that kind of face all too well. He didn't care. There was something this wolf and he had had in common. It was something he wouldn't let die. If this wolf was going to be chased down, he'd tag along for the protection. These kinds of wolves, he had a purpose to go with. A reason to travel with them. He could imagine what was going through her head. Was this wolf good, or pure evil? Did he have plans for her? If so, what kind of plans?

Was he going to devour her? No. Was he going to do something horrible and leave her lying there? No. But did it seem like he was? Probably yes. He waited for her answer, he was at least two feet away.

"I have no idea....I was just passing through and they spotted me. all I know is they wanted to catch me with the rope they kept throwing toward me." she explained. He grunted a moment.

"They won't stop chasing you now. You're on their list.." he said quietly. He took a few pawsteps foward. "You should have never crossed their territory. Didn't you see something going on where those humans were?" If it were anything like what he had experienced... they would take the wolves to a far off land, a deserted one. Chains, spears, whips, anything to keep them all weak. Tents were set up, and their duties would be made. It was horrible.

He scoffed again. "You're a wanted wolf now, and they won't stop until they have you.." he said once more, venomlike as he bared his teeth in a frustrated way.
ImageImage

Fading_Tracks
Pup

Post by Fading_Tracks » 16-01-2009 04:10

She stood still, aside from the trembling in her muscles on occasion. For that, she was not too worried it was nothing a few hours of sleep would not fix. Even if she would be sore in the morning, it was better than being captured tonight. As he took a few steps toward her, she did not flinch out of fear. Sure, she was still scared of him, but she was never one to face when scared, because she would use that reason to attack. As he grew closer, she relaxed a little; something was telling her that she was alright with this wolf. Her eyes stared into his, refusing to break contact with him. As she gazed into his soul, she could catch a few things, but something seemed off, something she could not understand.

He was a lot like her, in a sense. She could see the same stubbornness and courage in him that flowed through her. Though this wolf seemed to be more bloodthirsty then her, they both seemed like strong fighters. The more she began to pick this wolf apart, the more comfortable she became in his presence. Normally, she got along better with males then with other females, most never being able to understand her. Also, the whole coming on to them drove them away as well. It was also that she had more male qualities, stubborn, hard headed and cocky. Not to mention the constant sarcasm coming from her mouth.

He spoke quickly after she stopped, a wanted wolf, what did they want from her. She wondered if the humans liked hunting strong wolves, ones with harder spirits to break and once broken less likely to run from them. The ways of the humans was a mystery, but they must have wanted her for that reason or they would have given up in the first few miles. Mainly it was their intention after capturing her that scared her.

Before she could answer about seeing anything about the humans, he continued to speak. He seemed frustrated with the humans, or maybe that he had helped her and felt obligated to assist her from here on. Her expression soured slightly, before turning on her heals.

“Don’t worry; you don’t need to keep helping me. I thank you for helping back there, but you don’t need to be frustrated with me. I can take care of myself.” she replied.

Though she was unsure that was the reason for his frustration, it was the most logical answer she could think of. Besides, she hated being watched after like a puppy or worse, a helpless dame of a female. That was the one main female trait she had, she hated the impression she got being a female and how people would not believe her strength because of it. So feeling that this wolf felt obligated to help only annoyed her, so she was fixing to leave before she stumbled slightly. So, she was still weak from running for hours, no matter. With the humans backed off for a time, she could find a place to rest and then be only a memory to this place the next morning.
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 16-01-2009 04:11

666 saw her reactions the moment he started explaining. At first, they were in an understanding tone. But there was also a hidden expression on her face. She was trying to see what he was all about. Hm, if she wanted to know about him she should have asked. The next thing he saw was her turning away!

He growled lightly. The nerve of this she-wolf! What, did she think she was so high and mighty? Well, it didn't look like that to him! "Don't worry; you dont' need to keep helping me." was what he first heard. The nerve!! Cool it, Tank. His claws sank into the grass and down to the dirt. "If you dont' want my help just tell me, I'll just leave you to fend for yourself when all these humans come back and get you." he retorted. He figured if she didn't appreciate his help why even be polite and tell her why the humans probably were after her besides just spotting her from afar.

"I thank you for helping back there, but you don't need to be frustrated with me. I can take care of myself." was her next response. He groaned. "I wasn't frustrated with you until you opened your big mouth in saying you don't care for my help." he said, annoyed. He listened to her next statement. "From the looks of it, it don't look like you can even hold yourself upright." he commented. He then said, "Look... I dunno how you were ... er, nevermind. I don't know how you couldn't spot or sniff out humans ahead to get caught, but I know where you could stay, somewhere safe." he said then, he was staring at her with an unamused look on his muzzle.
ImageImage

Fading_Tracks
Pup

Post by Fading_Tracks » 16-01-2009 04:12

She turned to look at him, a little peeved that he spoke about her having a big mouth. Though she seemed rude that was her point to saying thanks. It was only because of her pride that she was acting like this, not that she did not want his help. After all, if she was completely blinded with pride, she would have not hoped for his assistance. Even so, she felt bad for almost bailing. As she turned to face him, he made the comment of her condition, as if on cue another spasm rushed through her legs. Okay, she deserved that part; a little hurt pride might wake her up and allow him to help.

A small smile crossed her face when he stated his frustration lied in something else other than her being in need of assistance. So, maybe she could trust this wolf after all. Then, he stated something that made her blood boil. Her ears perked, the expression on her face turning sour. Her head shot up, shooting him a glare with her mouth hanging open, almost shocked he said something like that. Had he dared to call her stupid, for what the humans did to her. That was it, now she was pissed and that was never a pretty picture. She almost didn’t hear the offer for a place to stay, even so why would she stay with such a poophole! of a male that seemed to have something stuck up his tailend.

“Excuse me what!? Are you saying I’m stupid for letting them catch my scent? I will have you know I tried many things to lose them, I changed my trail, covered my tracks, everything. I felt they would give up eventually, but they just wouldn’t stop coming. Sorry for not being as pathetic as other wolves and letting them catch me.” she shouted at him.

Her ears were now laying face down behind her. This wolf had the nerve to judge her actions when he looked like a completely train wreck. At least she was strong and quick enough to have not lost an entire limb. Luckily, that stayed in her own mind, she knew it was distasteful, but if the wolf continued to aggravate her, the sarcasm would take over. Not only the limb, but those scars only told her he got his own dumbass in plenty of danger before. Her teeth bore slightly, showing her anger.
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 16-01-2009 04:12

666 felt his own blood boil. He snarled a bit back. He saw the look on her face, examining her. He could tell she was about to pounce him probably, but he stayed far away from that. He noticed she probably was making her own judgements about him. He growled, staring her in the eyes with another snarl as his lips curled. "HEY! You're one to tell me not to judge! Geez, I can tell you're givin' me a staredown look! Making your own opinions about me will you!? Ha! You're like all the rest!" he dared to say.

He'd come into wolves like these, judging and assuming himself by his appearance and his "rough around the edges" attitude. "It's not like the humans don't have their ways of finding a wolf once it's been spotted!" he spat. "As much as we think they're dumb, they're smarter than they look." his voice softened, but he had a stern and annoyed look on his face. "And I didn't say you were stupid! .... I was.... implying... it." he said. That really didn't make a difference, but it just came out that way. He didn't mean to make it sound that harsh!

Her body language said it all. She was pretty much pissed at him, but he was mad at her too! He could only imagine what she was thinking about him. So careless to lose a limb, so stupid to gain all the scars he had around his body. It wasn't like he tried to, it wasn't like he had a choice! He didn't have a choice. "IF YOU THINK JUDGING ME IS GONNA HELP YOU, YOU'RE WRONG." he said menacingly before he scoffed and glanced away. "Look. I can obviously tell you've been beaten around the bush. I said before, there's a place I know you can recooperate. IF YOU'RE INTERESTED, that is." he said. He got up and shook off before getting up and turning away but glancing at her. "You comin' or not?" he asked.
ImageImage

Fading_Tracks
Pup

Post by Fading_Tracks » 16-01-2009 04:14

She only growled as she spoke, maybe she was wrong to judge, but he had started it. It was not as if she gave a rats ass about his looks, that did not make him the jerk he was being that moment. It was a defense; if he was going to judge her then she might as well level the playing field, not her fault he gave her more to work with. Her head was low, still looking as pissed as she was to start. Maybe she was wrong, to think of his leg the way she did, but it would have never come to that had he kept his own opinions to himself.

“You blame me for judging when that is all you have done with me the moment you spoke out of that vile mouth of yours.” she hissed through clenched jaws.

One thing he was right about, fighting was not going to help her at this point. But it was in her nature to defend her pride, this wolf seemed like he would understand that, maybe she was wrong to assume that was well. At least she could admit fault, this wolf looked as though he would think this fight was on her shoulders. She continued to growl at him though, showing she was not backing out of this easily. Maybe other females were sissys, but she was anything but. If he felt she was going to cave into him because of being the more dominant of genders he had another thing coming.

When he mentioned the den, she scoffed. Her head rose and turned away from him as she pouted slightly. She gazed off in the distance, knowing the humans would know where to search in the morning for her. The sound of an owl echoed through their silence. If she were to remain free, she would have to at least deal with the male until morning. Finally, she glanced back at him. At first her gaze was normal, but then she rolled them with a sigh. She began to walk over to him, lowering her head in an annoyed fashion so she would not have to look at him in the eyes.

“Fine, but once morning comes and I’m rested, I’ll head off for the mountain, they shouldn’t track me there.” she replied.
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 16-01-2009 04:16

666 gruffed a bit. He wasn't liking her attitude one bit. He was trying to be calm, and change the subject, but nooo, she wanted to continue it! "You blame me for judging when that is all you have done with me the moment you spoke out of that vile mouth of yours." she hissed through clenched jaws. He snarled back. "It's not like I meant it like that! Ok? Things just come out of my mouth sometimes, so you shouldn't take me so seriously! Besides, it's not like I was judging you.. or nutthin... I didn't think I was, anyways." he said in a low tone. "IN ANY CASE, what's said is said what's done is done. Let's just DROP IT."

When she finally got it through her head that he was offering a place to stay, he got even more angered. She seemed to not like it when he offered, coming over to him and having her head low.

"Fine, but once morning comes and I'm rested, I'll head off for the mountain, they shouldn't track me there."

He looked down at her for a moment, glancing. Then he looked to where he remembered seeing the man with the horse ride. He shook his head.

"No." he said firmly. "It's not best to go alone to the mountains. You don't know what those humans are capable of.. If you go alone, you'll be captured so quickly. If we go together, ... well, if you let me go with you as a body guard, you should be all right." he explained. "They won't rest until they have you. They have ways of finding you... Going alone, it's not the best idea." he said, refraining from the word, "smart".

He sniffed. He could almost see in his mind, the human reporting himself and the she-wolf. Sooner or later, they would send their own hounds... their wolfdogs after them. It wouldnt' be easy to get rid of these humans. They wouldnt' quit at their own selfish actions to find them. and now that he was involved, he wouldn't let her go alone. This was a wolf that if he didn't do anything, she'd suffer a horrible fate that he had to live with for so long...

He took a few steps foward. "C'mon, let's go... We don't want to take forever in leaving. Can you walk straight?" this time he asked out of concern. There was no distaste or any sarcasm. He meant it. If this wolf couldn't really run, he'd carry her if needbe.
ImageImage