On My Own

The rough mountains of the Hekaya lands, where only the strongest will survive.
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 04-08-2009 22:59

heyhey i see ur dragon hatched 8D ))

Having her shoulder being batted by Sparrow, she chuckled and playfully nipped his ear when he came to her side. "No, I guess you can't. For I shall be holding you hostage! HA HA HA HA!" she declared with an evil laugh to follow, giggling afterward.

"Hey, what did he mean when he was talking about your mom's lessons?"

"Ah. He was just referring to the advice she likes to give us." Tamera commented. "She likes to train us to be ready for the future, as well as giving us tips for when we take over the pride in her place one day." Tamera told him. "You're welcome to come along after we get you fed and happy." she commented. "You can meet my siblings! I'm sure they'll like that." she added then.

Coming to the food storage, Tamera beamed saying, "Here we are. Go ahead and choose your pick. We've got a lot of variety." she said, taking a step back to let Sparrow glance at it all.

There were many deer meat preserved off to the back of the cave, to the sides lay a few birds as they piled above. In the center were the smaller kills that included rabbits, squirrels, racoons, and a few gophers.
ImageImage

Shaydie
The Shadow Hound

Post by Shaydie » 14-08-2009 07:28

(Sorry for the long wait.. Got caught up in the other RP. XDD)

Sparrow stared wide-eyed at the food store, fighting to keep his mouth from watering. For a moment, he forgot he was hungry, too stunned by the amount of food before him to notice. Suddenly it occurred to him that his mouth was hanging open, his tongue was hanging out, and one of his ears had flopped to the side, and he shook his head vigorously, trying to regain his composure. It didn't work.

Slowly, he strolled around the cave, making sure not to dash madly around in his excitement. He eyed the deer, then the birds, then the smaller kills. For a moment he was set on trying deer first, but the scent of a nice fat quail caught him and within a few seconds, he had it in his mouth, unsure of where to eat it. He looked at Tamera questioningly, as if to ask if he could take it outside, in the sun. It was a little cold in the cave, which made sense since the meat was stored here... But the cold didn't quite suit him just yet.
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 18-08-2009 19:10

s'all right, i'm patient remember? ;3 )

Tamera meanwhile had gone over to an opposum, picking it up in her maw before she waited for Sparrow to choose his own meal. She couldn't help but giggle as Sparrow seemed to contain his excitement at the piles of food inside. Almost impatient, her tail curled a few times before she sat, her mouth slightly watering as the opposum taste was being held for this length of time.

She smiled when he was able to finally choose. A nice plump quail in his maw. He turned to her rather curiously, and she gave a small wink before jerking her head outside. She rose to her paws before exiting the den and waiting outside for him. Placing her own meal on the ground, she waited expectantly for Sparrow to come with him. It would be here that they'd eat and talk a bit more before going to Tamera's mother, Seras; the leader of the pride.
ImageImage

Shaydie
The Shadow Hound

Post by Shaydie » 22-08-2009 05:45

Sparrow followed Tamera at a happy little trot, plopping down onto his stomach next to her, placing his meal squarely between his forepaws. He examined it for maybe a few seconds before deciding on a point of entry, in this case the tender chest. He then began plucking away at the feathers - he had learned the hard way that they were hard going down if you ate them, and even worse coming out. Therefore, he took his time removing the plumage and setting it aside in a dainty little pile, the way his mother had taught him. His tail wagged the whole time, however, and even his stomach seemed to quiet itself, eager to be filled. When the bird was exceptionally naked, he took a bite, trying to savor the taste but instinctively wolfing it down before he could have a second thought. His first and only impression was that the bird was delicious. He took a few more bites, just to convince his stomach that food really was coming, then looked up and grinned at Tamera, now as happy-go-lucky as a lapdog at the dinner table.

"Where do you guys get all of this food? I mean... I haven't seen any of these things in the mountains... Or... maybe I was just making too much noise..."

He pondered the possibility seriously before laughing a little - he really was clumsy for a loner, as young as he was.
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 22-08-2009 21:43

As Tamera waited for Sparrow to dig into his meal, she giggled as he first ate slow bites, before wolfing it down with tail wagging and all. He looked so adorably cute! After Sparrow had begun eating, she too bent down to her meal and dug her fangs into the opposum's belly, tearing at it rather deep before pulling a bit of insides, smacking her lips together rather loudly before licking around her redenned maw.

She was about to take another bite, when Sparrow spoke.

"Where do you guys get all of this food? I mean... I haven't seen any of these things in the mountains... Or... maybe I was just making too much noise..."

Chuckling, Tamera said, "I don't really know... Truth is, I'm not really responsible much yet for getting the food. That's my uncle's job, Esperado. Plus, some of this kill has been for a while since it's storage." she smiled then. There was a short pause then before Tamera continued to eat her own kill. Finally, she spoke again. "So Sparrow, do you like your bird? I hope it's not odd tasting and such. Sometimes I can't tell what's older in there and what's more fresh. But don't worry!" she paused. "Nothing goes bad in there since it's nice and cool." she grinned.
ImageImage

Shaydie
The Shadow Hound

Post by Shaydie » 30-08-2009 20:43

(Sorry about my frequent absences... I have a serious case of writer's block for RPs and its NOT helping.)

Truth be told, Sparrow wasn't worried about anything in his mouth being rotten. He'd had his share of bad meat during the past few months and he knew what was still good to eat and what wasn't. Rotten meat could be salvaged if you knew which pieces were still edible. Still, it was nice to know that he didn't need to worry about the quail. Besides, it was delicious.

"Yes, yes, its... so good! I haven't eaten like this since --"

He stopped abruptly, the remainder of the sentence, referring to his days in the human camp, lost in his throat. His good mood turned sour for a few seconds, but he returned to eating rather quickly. After he had downed a few more bites, he had regained part of his delight and most of his grief had subsided for the moment. Therefore, feeling a little bit more secure, he swallowed a large bite of food and spoke again.

"So... Are you the youngest around here?"

He couldn't remember if she'd said anything on this subject, but it was mildly important to him since he'd been the youngest in his own family. He wasn't picked on, as some might assume, but he'd heard from his mother that he was very lucky that his older packmates had more caring attitudes than other wolves and dogs. He didn't know what that meant, and he thought maybe Tamera could tell him.
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 04-09-2009 04:42

Lol i kno wut u mean DX and school definately doesn't help xD ))

Tamera smiled, watching Sparrow eat rather enthusiastically. It was cute how this little pup could have a huge stomach with such a little body. She listened with interested ears as Sparrow spoke, but they faded lightly when the boy did not finish his sentence. She wanted to ask him why he didn't finish, but she knew it was rude. It was probable, and a fact for Tamera, that it was because of something personal that stopped the boy from finishing his sentence. She slightly felt nosey, but at the same time she knew she had to be more compassionate and less out going with strangers. Although, Sparrow was considered friend, not stranger.

"So... Are you the youngest around here?"

Tamera grinned. "No, I'm actually the third sibling. The youngest one is my almost twin, Deseree." Tamera smiled as she thought about her 'almost-twin'. The two were alike, mostly in physical appearance with some things different between them. "My elder sister is Lexie, but her real names Alexandra. And my brother is Aslan. He's the eldest of us all, and he's supposed to be the next leader after our mother." Tamera explained. "As a whole community, myself and my siblings are the youngest here. We're pretty much the only kids you'll find in the pride. Although my aunt is going to have cubs soon! So then her children will be the youngest!" she grinned.

Pausing, she looked to Sparrow. "How about you Sparrow?" she asked lightly. "Were you the youngest? Wherever you came from?" she asked, slightly intrigued now as her tail swished. Her kill lay between her paws, half eaten. For the time being, she wasn't really that hungry, but hungry enough to try and miss out on her mother's teachings. She was the more rebellious of the siblings in her duties.
ImageImage

Shaydie
The Shadow Hound

Post by Shaydie » 10-09-2009 15:08

( Ha, you don't mind if I bring in Therius, do you? Just for a moment, since I'll be roleplaying him elsewhere in Hekaya soon. )

Sparrow chomped down on his bird a few more times while Tamera explained. Deseree, Lexie (AKA Alexandra), Aslan... She seemed to have a good amount of siblings... And apparently there were more on the way. He thought about it for a moment, remembering the other pups in his makeshift pack long ago, and wondered if a pride was anything like that. He opened his mouth to speak again, this time entirely open to discussing the subject of his past (perhaps because he belly was no longer snarling at him), but quickly snapped his muzzle shut when he saw a familiar face.

"Therius!"

A few feet away, a very strange-looking cheetah was sifting through the pride with his eyes, probably looking for Tamera's mother. The Messenger was likely here on his rounds, looking for information to relay across the land. He had come by the human camp a few times (keeping out of sight, of course) and had often played with Sparrow while he was around. When the pup yelled his name, he turned, a little confused, but smiled when he saw Sparrow. By that time the wolf pup had already abandoned his kill and was playfully hopping around the cheetah's feet, tail wagging a mile a minute. Therius could only laugh.

"Why if it isn't the little finch! I wondered where you'd went off to... And I see you've made a nice little girlfriend, hm?"

While he laughed again, Sparrow abruptly stopped, blushing so much that it showed through his fur, and plopped down, obviously annoyed and embarrassed.

"She's not my girlfriend. She's a girl and she's a friend and she's NOT my girlfriend."

"Haha, if you say so, Sparrow. In any case... Tamera? Do you know where your mother is? I would have thought you'd be with her at this time of day."

( BTW, Therius is a messenger and has been for a few years. It's VERY likely that Tamera knows him, let alone the rest of the pride. He doesn't have a message for anyone here - he's looking for information of some importance that needs to be sent to other groups around Hekaya. In other words, he's LOOKING for a job. :/ )
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 10-09-2009 23:28

i don't mind if ya bring therius in ^_^ ))

Tamera slightly tilted her head a bit when Therius approached. This probably was either her first time seeing the cheetah, or she just could never really remember him well. She seemed to scowl a moment as Therius commented on the 'girlfriend' remark. Since when did pups and cats become mates? Slightly odd, but she knew it was all in good joke.

Smiling, she gave a small dip of her head; laughing even when Sparrow plopped himself down and put on the biggest pouts of his life as he explained that she was female, and a friend, not a girlfriend/.

When Therius asked about her mother, Tamera sweatdropped. "Well, you know me!" she chuckled lightly. "I always seem to roam when mom gives out her daily speeches." she said softly. "If you want we can go find her. She's probably out back beyond the pride borders with the others." Tamera said then. It'd be a great time for Sparrow to meet her mother and her siblings.

Picking up the rest of her meal, she said, "Follow me," cocking her head both for Therius and Sparrow before walking off back to where Seras and the others would be.

((Tamera's the oblivious one so she's the most forgetful ;3 the others will indeed know therius ^^ ))
ImageImage