Fate dealt me a bad hand

The rough mountains of the Hekaya lands, where only the strongest will survive.
Moon
Warrior

Post by Moon » 08-07-2009 10:16

((Yep, Me, Moonpaw, then Silver.))

The little female, enraged by the red-dusted wolfess' words whirled back to glare at her brother, who's teeth were firmly clenched around her tail. "Let me GO Faloyn! Just let me have ONE round with her! Then we can leave!" Her muzzle began to wrinkle once more, placing a strained paw forward as she dared the sister to escape her brother's careful grip. "We'd better go," mentioned Faloyn. Oasis' challenged the girl right back, MoonNight inclined her head slightly, still watching Lena, and then like the cross child she was Lena tore away from her brother and bounded away down the large boulders that marred the mountian slopes. Her brother followed and Moon was glad to say that both brats were out of her fur now.

"Hope these troublemakers didn't go too far with you. Tch, when will kids learn respect eh?" "The name's Oasis," Settling her rattled mind she glanced over Oasis' way and murmured an anwser, "Do you ever remember being a respectful kid?" A pause. " MoonNight." Her heart was still ramming itself against the wall of ribs and flesh, maybe a little slower, but it still felt like it was trying to kill it and herself.

"So, what's a gal like you doin' out here?" The brindled she-wolf knew what she was getting at, and responded slow and recited. "Thinking." It was true afterall, recently she had been doing a lot of thinking. When Oasis' cut off on her comment Moon followed suit and lifted her head to the winds, drinking in the scents. "Those kids aren't safe alone. We should tag along after them," She nodded her head feircly.

Moon caught up with the red-brown wolf's pace, her lithe body streaming alongside her easily. A scream suddenly echoed off of the rocks, and the ebony she-wolf rocketed forward, the scenery flashed behind them and slowly MoonNight could make out the three figures, with a startling horror, immediatly a slew of curses ensued. The panther knew her well, old enemies who wanted a peice of each other's throats. Moon launced into battle beside the other adult with the same vicious nature, however she didn't go for the black cat, instead aiming for the siblings that were sheltered from the panther's blows by Oasis. She grabbed the injured brother by his scruff, and through a mouth-full of fur commanded Lena."Geft on my back!"

Post by Guest » 08-07-2009 21:51

There was a rush of air above the two puppies, and "I might as well scold you later. Lie still. Help is on the way." came a familiar voice. Oasis, Faloyn thought. Faloyn's eyes flew open to see that Oasis was springing at the panther, ready to tear it apart. Faloyn saw Lena watch Oasis with admiration as she locked in a furious tussle with the panther. The cats' agonized scream rang out as they rolled over, tumbling across the grass, the panther's dark fur mingling with Oasis's brown-and-gold fur. Faloyn watched his sister's eyes widen with awe and amazement, obviously still unafraid even though their lives were pretty much dangling by a single hair.

Just then, a dark shape swooped in behind them, and Faloyn let out a yelp of alarm that ebbed into a whine of relief as he realized that it was just MoonNight. "Geft on my back!" Moon commanded Lena sharply, gripping Faloyn's scruff tightly in her teeth. Faloyn was a bit surprised the two wolfess's had come to their rescue. He had gotten the impression Oasis wasn't into kids, and MoonNight was probably not too keen on Lena, after her rudeness.

Anxiously, he watched his sister, sending a silent prayer that she wouldn't make a smart remark or be difficult. To his relief she simply sprang onto MoonNight's back and balanced percariously on MoonNight's shoulders, struggling to get a grip on MoonNight's fur. Faloyn wondered where MoonNight planned to take them, then suddenly a thought struck him. In his mind, he saw the female panther slinking off toward the west, where their den was, where KAYA was... "No!" he gasped, jerking in MoonNight's mouth, making fresh blood ooze out of the wound on his back from the sudden movement. All the weak creatures in the area were in danger as long as those panthers were around.

Kaya, small animals, the injured deer he had seen, young wolves, too small to fight a huge animal like a panther (such as himself and Lena) puppies... Puppies? MoonNight's pups are in danger as well! It wouldn't be the slightest challenge for the female panther to climb up the rocks, and sniff out the den... Faloyn trembled, picturing savage fangs snapping, crushing the bones of many tiny bodies... That couldn't happen. MoonNight couldn't risk her own pups' lives for others, and he and Lena had to go and warn Kaya.

Lena leaned downward so that she could speak to her brother, over the roaring and snarling of the panther, she gasped, "Kaya Faloyn! That female panther, its heading for Kaya -- and Moon's pups! There has to be some way, somehow... we have to keep them all safe," she spluttered. Lena wasn't able to think of anything, but Faloyn was. He couldn't only think of one option, but it was one that he was certain both the adult wolves wouldn't appreciate.

Kaya couldn't look after them, she was too weak and ill. Lena and Faloyn couldn't fend for themselves either. They would be panther food if it weren't for Oasis and MoonNight. So, the adults had saved them. But, would they really be willing to risk their lives to help two annoying pushy pups again? He glanced up at his sister, uncomfortable, since MoonNight was there, but they had no choice... or did they? If MoonNight didn't plan to take them far away, maybe there was a chance, but he had to talk things over with his sister first before he launched straight into the plan... he had learned that doing such impulsive things would result to a clawed ear in return.
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 08-07-2009 23:08

Oasis could feel the blood rushing through her as she pummeled and tossed herself around with the panther. Indeed, she wasn't trying too hard. She just wanted the little furrballs out of reach before things got too dangerous. Sure she didn't like kids, but they were still a life, and even if it was young Oasis would do all she could to save them. When Moonnight had come and retrieved the siblings, Oasis then focused all of her attention on the panther. Smirking, she let out a snarl before saying, "Is the poor kitty afraid of lil me?" The panther in turn let out a scowl before swiping a paw. Oasis playfully dodged, before circling around it. It had claws, so that was something to watch out for. But brains? Heh, it had none.

Watching the panther's moves carefully, Oasis could feel the ground beneath her paws move and tremble as the two were getting to the edge of eachother. With one swift movement, both leapt into the air and collided with one another. Paw ontop of eachother's shoulders, the two wrestled on hindlegs, before Oasis spat in the panther's eye. It let out a ferocious snarl before blindly raking whatever it could find. Oasis managed to get away with scars that were not so deep, but blood did manage to fall. Damnit, she had cursed to herself. She'd played with this cat long enough. But something caught her off guard as she suddenly heard the shouting of Lena. "That female panther, its heading for Kaya -- and Moon's pups! There has to be some way, somehow... we have to keep them all safe," Oasis took only one glance that way before she suddenly met teeth that raked against her leg. She'd barely dodged as she felt sharp points collide with her skin. Giving a hiss, she immediately dug her fangs into the panther's side.

Another loud roar came from the cat's mouth before it tried to claw her back. Oasis though immediately let go before she slinkered right underneath the cats' belly. Arriving at the other side, Oasis gave one more howl before she came right at the panther. Teeth sunk into flesh as blood splurted, and the cat let out a final wail. Oasis had gone for its neck, and had reached her goal. She was able to crush her fangs into its windpipe, and took out the air that allowed the creature to breathe. It was only a few moments, but as they rolled by, the cat let out yells and mews before finally ceasing. Dropping the dead feline to the floor, Oasis licked the blood off her maw, and began to walk away.

"It's taken care of!" she called to where Lena and Faloyn were. "It's dead. It won't be hurting anyone anymore.."
ImageImage

Moon
Warrior

Post by Moon » 08-07-2009 23:55

(( Are there two panthers?))
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 09-07-2009 00:20

good question. if so then i'll probably have to edit my post xD )
ImageImage

Post by Guest » 12-07-2009 02:44

((Bump for Moon.))
Moon
Warrior

Post by Moon » 13-07-2009 07:40

((Sorry ^^.))

Moon would have liked to gritted her teeth as Lena clawed her way onto her shoulders, though Faloyn's scruff in her teeth prevented that. She straighted out herr back as best she could, waiting for the sister to settle herself so that she could get the two out of the valley and away from the panthers. "No!" Suddenly Faloyn twisted in her jaws, jerking violently and making blood run down MoonNight's throat from her firm grip on him. She drew her head back in surprise and tried to murmer something out, "Fhat iz it?!" "Sattle DOWN!" He'd break his silly neck if he didn't stop thrashing about.

"Kaya Faloyn! That female panther, its heading for Kaya -- and Moon's pups! There has to be some way, somehow... we have to keep them all safe,"

Moon's heart skipped a beat, slowly starting back up with a jittery start at the notion of her children's lives taken away by the great claws of the feline, broken bodies and blood smeared across the den. A mother's fear gripped her for a moment, but she steadied herself and drew her lips back to snarl at the children. "Do youft THINK I'm single?!?!" she demanded angrily.

A howl startled Moon out of her thoughts, turning her head to watch Oasis take down the black beast, fangs latched onto it's throat and the two predators rolling and rolling when at last the body was struck still and she dropped her dead opponet to the ground. "It's taken care of!" "It's dead. It won't be hurting anyone anymore.." MoonNight's muzzle wrinkled in aggitation, rather then try to explain with a mouth full of fur she hobbled over to Oasis as fast as she could without jottling the kids around too bad.

She offered up Lena to the other she-wolf and gently placed the injured Faloyn on the ground. "There's another, we'd better track it down before it has a chance to get to anything." For all the faith she had in Naynali and Blackstone she wasn't gambling with her pup's lives.

Post by Guest » 13-07-2009 21:53

"Fhat iz it?!" "Sattle DOWN!" MoonNight snapped as Faloyn wrenched himself back and forth. His eyes flitted over to MoonNight's expression with her wrinkled muzzle and bared teeth and instantly fell silent. At Lena's words, MoonNight flinched and for a moment, she looked almost worried, but then she let out a ferocious growl, "Do youft THINK I'm single?!?!" For once, Lena didn't reply. She was lost deep in thought. There was another panther out there. But Faloyn had a plan. What could he be thinking? She longed to talk to her brother, her fur prickled with anticipation of knowing what he was thinking.

"It's taken care of!" Oasis's words sliced through her thoughts, "It's dead. It won't be hurting anyone anymore.." The panther was lying dead, bright scarlet blood still pouring out of its neck. Carefully, MoonNight placed Faloyn on the ground, and allowed Lena to slide off. Immediately, she hurried over to her brother and stared purposefully at him. "There's another, we'd better track it down before it has a chance to get to anything." MoonNight was saying, as Lena narrowed her eyes at Faloyn. His eyes were distant, and his face was shadowed with horror.

As MoonNight spoke, Faloyn seemed to come back to life. "You won't need to track it," he whispered, but loudly enough for everyone to hear. "I know where it went. It's heading for Kaya, and our den." At once, horror and immense rage began to boil in Lena's belly. She swallowed, then rasped, "Well, its a good time to hear you're plan now, Fal." Faloyn leaned closer to her and under his breath he growled almost too softly for her to hear. "We will have to preform it precisely, or it won't work. Once the panther is REALLY close to the den, we need live bait to lead it away." He paused, and Lena instantly agreed. "Your little motor mouth one day will kill you..." Oasis's words rang in her head.

Possibly, it would, but it could help them now. No doubt, it would aid her in convincing the panther to follow her. Her spine tingled in excitement. She would enjoy every moment of the adredaline. "Then, I'll have to get Kaya up the rocks. She's really weak though, Lena and you know that. Either MoonNight or Oasis have to help us. I can't get Kaya to climb those rocks on my own. She's too weak. Some wolf will have to help her." Faloyn continued in a fierce undertone. Lena nodded, then murmured, "We just have to tell them now." Both wolves glanced up at the adults nervously, wondering where to start.
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 13-07-2009 23:13

THe victorious feeling of killing the first panther began to die when it was made clear that she had only killed the partner. Another still loomed out there. As Faloyn was placed down, and Lena escape from Oasis to rejoin her brother, the little kids seemed to have a plan. Moon commented that they should track it. Oasis already began to scan the area and try to pick up a scent, but the panther was too far away.

Damn, that panther would be out for some meat, as well as revenge to anyone considering its partner was now dead. BUt Falyon seemed to know where it was. Blinking, Faloyn commented the panther was headed toward someone named Kaya, who was in their den. The plan? Have someone become bait to lead it away, that way it would be safe to get Kaya away. It appeared their guardian or whatever was gravely ill, and wouldn't be able to hold her own. But it seemed the pups failed to realize that Oasis heard every word. She was sure Moon would too. Even whispers were something that Oasis could never 'not hear'.

As Lena and Faloyn looked to the adults, Oasis started to laugh. "You're kidding me." Oasis commented. "You want to WAIT until that cat gets near your den? Isn't that putting your little guardian in more danger?" Oasis asked. "Why not just go after it now, beat it up, and send it to the ground. Or better yet, just let me kill it like I did its mate." Oasis said. She didn't see the logic in the plan, but the pups seemed dependant upon it. And since Kaya was weak and too sickly, someone would have to be with the pups.

no worries. the plan'll go on as the pup want it to ;3 this is just oasis' character so don't mind her words xD ))
ImageImage

Moon
Warrior

Post by Moon » 14-07-2009 05:03

A sigh esacped MoonNight's jaws as planted herself on the ground, none to happy with the current situation, and debating rather or not it had been worth it to 'escape' the warm den, children and mate.

Sure enough she heard the kid's plans, whispering around adults didn't mean they couldn't hear you, much like spelling things out in front of kids didn't mean they didn't know what you were saying. They mentioned Kaya, and herself and Oasis. That Kaya was weak and other such that Moon didn't care to think to hard about.

The two looked up at the adults nervously and Oasis started off in a bout of laughing. "You're kidding me." Oasis commented. "You want to WAIT until that cat gets near your den? Isn't that putting your little guardian in more danger?" Oasis asked. "Why not just go after it now, beat it up, and send it to the ground. Or better yet, just let me kill it like I did its mate." Moon emitted another sigh, this one more out of annoyance. "We heard everything..." she said bluntly.

"How about editing you plans a little bit, huh?" To Oasis she added, "I'd love to fight, but I'm the only one lactating at the moment and if i got hurt...well I suppose I'll take Kaya up the rocks with you kids."

((crap post x()