Fate dealt me a bad hand

The rough mountains of the Hekaya lands, where only the strongest will survive.
Moon
Warrior

Fate dealt me a bad hand

Post by Moon » 23-06-2009 11:31

((Takes place with current history of 'I'm Going Mad' intact, this is a little in the future however.))

However, I never had to win the game, only survive.

The winds whistled and blowed signifying autumn's beginning in the mountian lands. MoonNight took the oppirtunity of the early morning to creep out of the crowded den. Leaving her week old pups to remember what it was to be loner once again, she told herself that she would return. That it was just a outing, right? A breather from her new life that she wasn't yet accustomed too. To collect her thoughts.

Somewhere along the rocky ridges the brindled wolffess laid herself out along a shaded willow with a heavy sigh. So much had changed for her, and she wasn't sure that she liked all of it. Her diffcult past had been resolved, but not forgiven. She still didn't know if Blackstone would stay with her, and somewhere in the back of her mind a voice wondered when he would leave. The pups, her beautiful pups. She loved each and every one of them and wondered what their futures would be, hoped that they wouldn't be like her's.

Her heart clenched inside her chest as a thought so faintly flew through her mind. 'Don't return, it's better if you never know' And what made her feel worse was she debated, if just for a moment, upon that unbidden thought. It'd be easier, and she knew that it would, at least in someways. Yes, her motherly instincts were strong, but something stronger, and reminsinct of her old self tugged at and commanded her to leave.

They weren't old enough to miss her...
Moon
Warrior

Post by Moon » 29-06-2009 07:18

Bump

Post by Guest » 06-07-2009 03:47

((Is it okay if I join?))

Indigo: Lena's Talking
Cyan: Faloyn's Talking

((You can read their profiles in the Character Directory if you want ;) ))

"OWWW!!!" Faloyn swung around in alarm as Lena let out a howl of pain. Meeting her brother's startled and concerned gaze, Lena twitched her ears and sat down, lifting her paw, she flipped it over and examined it. Sure enough, there was a thorn driven into her pad. She winced. "Sorry Faloyn. I just trod on a thorn." Lena explained briefly, gripping the thorn with her teeth, she gave it a yank and pulled it out. Blood welled out onto her pad, but she licked at it quickly, and the pain quickly subsided.

In the faint morning light, she could see her brother's pale blue eyes roll as he trotted back toward her. "Honestly, by the degree of noise you were making, I thought a fox bit your tail off. Try to keep quiet okay? We don't want to attract any attention, not have every wolf in the mountain come running to see what's wrong!" although Faloyn was glaring at her, she could see a flicker of amusement in his eyes.

The pale white and light gray Arctic wolfess snorted and turned away, ignoring her brother's irriated expression. She sniffed the air. "Hey, Faloyn! I smell another wolf nearby." Lena strained all her senses forward, trying to pinpoint the scent. She could tell it was a wolfess, and that she had milk-scent and the scent of little pups on her, so she must be a mother. Excited, she suddenly wanted to meet this wolf. "Come on Faloyn, lets go see who it is!" she saw her dark gray furred brother sniff the air warily and twitch his ears before hurrying after her, Lena was already racing ahead.

He dashed in front of her, and halted, forcing her to stop as well. "What are you doing?"
Faloyn started walk toward her, making her take a few paces back to avoid colliding head-first with him. "Lena! This can't keep happening! Kaya is sick, and she's DYING, can't you see? We have to find food for her, or she's going to suffer from starvation as well! Do you understand? Our job is to help her as much as we can. We owe it to her, you know. If it weren't for her we'd be dead." Lena glared at her brother, startled by his ferocity. "I know that, Faloyn. Okay? But can't we just take a quick visit? Maybe she'll know some better hunting places then we do." Faloyn sighed, and then muttered something that Lena couldn't hear.

She could sense his growing concern for their adopted mother, Kaya, who had recently fallen ill. Lena padded softly up to his side and butted him with her head. "C'mon Faloyn!" ears pricked, eyes shining with excitement, Lena felt her heart beat quicken with anticipation as she shoved her way through the bushes, only to jump back with a yelp as a twig slapped backwards into her face. Patiently, Faloyn shouldered past her, using his muzzle to brush the branches back and pressed them aside with his body, and gestured for Lena to walk through. Mumbling a brisk thanks, Lena rushed on eagerly, with Faloyn loping steadily at her side. Lena glanced upward, spotting a lone wolfess lying in the shade of a willow tree, her eyes twisted with indesicion as though she were thinking about painful thoughts.

Lena could sense her pale gray and white fur glowing in the dim light. Sometimes she longed to be more conspicious, like her brother, who had a white belly and sides, but his back and forehead as well as his legs were dark gray. He blended in better than she did. Lena looked around, trying to spot a way up, finding a rocky path up, she started to scramble upward, stones skidding and sliding under her paws. She gasped, almost sliding back, but she managed to drag herself up the small ledge, and she felt Faloyn's muzzle nudge her up, and then he sprang up after her and led the way up.

Very soon, they were just behind the wolfess. Lena padded softly up to the wolfess's side, Faloyn followed her uneasily. "Hi. My name's Lena, and this my brother Faloyn," she began, "We were just, well, hunting, and we wondered if you knew anywhere that has a lot of prey..." she studied the wolfess. "Is something wrong? You look like you're in pain... and why aren't you with your pups?" In the corner of her eye, she saw Faloyn wince and whisper in her ear, "Why'd you have to be so blunt!? And mother's leave their pups to eat and sleep, that stuff -- you know!" Lena longed to throw back a retort, but she couldn't think of one.
Moon
Warrior

Post by Moon » 06-07-2009 08:08

((ooc; Of course you can join! ^^ Bonjour, I haven't seen you around Hekaya yet.))

MoonNight was too deep in her thoughts to notice the cry of pain that echoed through the mountians. A sigh left her jaws as she placed her moon-marked head upon her paws, eyes gazing out into the heavy fog that settled over the ridges of the mountian ranges. For now at least, she would lay here, pushing aside the time for her descion making. Even if procrastination was a terrible habit of her's.

Luckily enough for the siblings, neither the snap of the twigs, there hushed arguing, or the breeze that blew there scent to the wolffess alerted Moon to there prescence.

"Hi. My name's Lena, and this my brother Faloyn," "We were just, well, hunting, and we wondered if you knew anywhere that has a lot of prey..." Even for all the friendly it sounded, Moon was still Moon. "Is something wrong? You look like you're in pain... and why aren't you with your pups?" The ebony coat bristled suddenly, on end, and claws scraped at the stony ground as Moon leaped up into a standing position. The wolf that had been at her side was now looking at a mouthful of teeth. For a moment Moon glared at the female, relasing slowly that it was just a child and settled herself, lips falling over the vicious fangs and fur smoothing out. "You should have better sense then to do that... at least in these mountians, you will find not everone is so friendly with strangers. " she commented. Gazing over brother and sister with an intriguing eye.

The wolffess replied to the comment made by the sister, distressed that another had seen her so...thoughtful. " I am MoonNight, and if you're looking for hunting grounds I'd suggest the next valley over. " She didn't bother to anwser about her pups, it wasn't there buiness and what could she say anyhow, without at least stirring more questions?

Post by Guest » 06-07-2009 19:19

((Thank you! Yeah, I haven't been around long, and I just created my characters yesterday. ;) ))

A moment after Lena spoke, the black-furred wolf sprang to her paws, hackles bristling, lips drawn back into a ferocious snarl. Faloyn retreated slightly, alarmed, as the she-wolf glared at them with scorching eyes. Terror and shock surged through Faloyn as he stared in horror at his sister, how could he have let her be so pathetically rude?! Since when did wolves randomly walk toward the first wolf they scented and asked for directions? This wolf could be a dangerous assasin for all they knew!

But Lena didn't appear very alarmed. In fact, she was glaring as well, nearly nose-to-nose with the black wolf, her hackles raised, a low growl rumbled in her throat although this wolf was far older and bigger than she was. They were just PUPPIES!!! How could they deal with this wolf if it attacked? Lunging forward, Faloyn grasped his sister's scruff in his teeth and hauled her backwards, alarmed by her aggressive response to the bigger wolfess.

However, to Faloyn's relief, the wolfess's fury was already fading, as though she suddenly noticed they were just little pups. The malicious hostile expression ebbed from her eyes and her hackles lay flat. "You should have better sense then to do that... at least in these mountians, you will find not everone is so friendly with strangers. I am MoonNight, and if you're looking for hunting grounds I'd suggest the next valley over. " Lena's jaw dropped in protest, "You call that fri--" Faloyn cut her off, slapping his tail over her mouth and staring at the she-wolf in embarassment and guilt as well as fear, afraid that she would get cross again by Lena's outburst.

His sister was always blurting out the first thing that came into her mind, whether it would make the other wolf tear her throat out or not. He eyed his sister warningly as he spoke quickly to MoonNight, "Thanks so much for your help, MoonNight, now, we won't bother you again, and thanks for your advice." He was aware that MoonNight hadn't answered Lena's question, it was OBVIOUSLY personal stuff. But he was not, and would never be a mother, so what did he know?

Swiftly, Faloyn turned away and shouldered Lena, signalling for her to follow, heading for the valley. But to his surprise, Lena stood stubbornly in front of MoonNight, shooting her brother a defiant glance before staring MoonNight squarely in the eye. "But what about you're pups? I'm sure that you do HAVE pups, but why won't you talk about it? I thought mothers were always talking about them?" Silently cursing Lena for her headstrong defiance, he spun around, disguising his horror in a mask of blank boredom to grab his sister, expecting MoonNight to lunge at her with snapping jaws, teeth bared. He hissed sharply in her ear, "For goodness sake Lena, SHUT UP!!!"
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 07-07-2009 04:08

Yo Moon, sorry i came a bit late to the party. Might as well add an extra character to the partty, if you fellas don't mind, ya? :)

her profile is yet to be made. her name is Oasis :) )))

The time was morning. Life began to resume as the wheels from above the heavens turned, as light came onto the land. Illuminating the night and replacing it all with day, the early morning already having birds chirp and goats cry above where the mountains touched the sky. A ragged femme had awoken from her slumber. Her pelt was filled with small pebbles and dust as she rose from the earth beneath her. She was a red wolf with brown and golden colored fur, scars all over while she had a masklike brown around her face with eyes of a silver color. She gave a yawn before she began to travel through the mountain's pathway. With each pawstep being taken, this she wolf was on the alert. She could never trust what was around her. Every step taken was a precaution of what could happen. A what if situation around her. This wolf wasn't one to take things with 'a light heart'. No, she'd be prepared for anything.

Making her way down the trail, her ears suddenly perked as she tuned into a sound. It was distant, but there was life where she was tredding. Should she follow it? Perhaps it would be of her own kind.. But would she even want to mingle there? It was hard to say, but she would do anything right now considering the boredom she was suffering. She heard not one, but three voices suddenly speaking. Before long, the wolf saw bodies. Two of them looked young, while the other seemed to be a female that was getting pestered by two young'ns. The last part she had picked up on was, "But what about your pups? I'm sure that you do HAVE pups, but why won't you talk about it? I thought mothers were always talking about them?" "For goodness sake Lena, SHUT UP!!!" Not one to be polite on appearing, the she wolf made her appearance known by walking out between the siblings and Moonnight.

"Hey you little runt," she mentioned. "You better listen to your brother. It isn't your business if this femme doesn't wanna talk about it." she said. "Your little motor mouth one day will kill you I bet if you keep shoving your nose into people's business." she added then, before glancing to Moonnight's way. Seeing this female was more her age, she gave a small acknowledgement saying, "Sorry for intruding, I just seemed to catch a bit of your conversation and was just passing by. Hope I didn't startle you."
ImageImage

Moon
Warrior

Post by Moon » 07-07-2009 08:49

((Of course you can join the fun, Silver!^^))

The brother backed away, startled by her uproar, though the sister took a different course of action. Lena dwarfed the adult wolffess by a good foot or so, and yet still had the adacity to shove her face forward, mere inches from the tip of Moon's charcoal black nose. Her brother came forward to grab her scruff and drag her back with him, just in time, before the timber could teach the pup to respect her elders a little more.

"You call that fri--"

Lena's sharp reply was cut short by her Faloyn's tail across her mouth, and Moon looked on at the two, seating herself to watch. She had this behavior to look forward to? 'If she stayed' The vicious thought took her by suprise and she growled slightly, muzzle wrinkling though her eyes weren't directed at the siblings. "Thanks so much for your help, MoonNight, now, we won't bother you again, and thanks for your advice." Faloyn's comment caught her attention away from the thought and she smiled a forced smile slightly. "You're welcome, hunt well." she called.

Lena stood unmoved by her brother's effort, staring MoonNight in the eye steely. "But what about you're pups? I'm sure that you do HAVE pups, but why won't you talk about it? I thought mothers were always talking about them?" she questioned, the cobalt eyes hardening within seconds to a frozen-over ocean. The brindled female rose to her paws again, a cool anger about her. She pushed herself down to the pup's layer, enough to stare her right back in the eye. "My buiness, MY pups, are that MINE, out, scot, before I- " Lena was just full of luck, another had decided to intervene on her behaf, "Hey you little runt," she mentioned. "You better listen to your brother. It isn't your business if this femme doesn't wanna talk about it." "Your little motor mouth one day will kill you I bet if you keep shoving your nose into people's business." She warned the girl, slipping between her and a furious MoonNight. For a moment the glaring eyes widened in surpise at the sudden apperance. Another growl rumbled in the deep of her throat.

"Sorry for intruding, I just seemed to catch a bit of your conversation and was just passing by. Hope I didn't startle you."

Moon backed up a pace, to give herself some room to breath, her anger dissipating again. She glanced over at the new arrival, "You're fine, thanks. " she commented, breathy from too much suprise and anger at the same time. [/b]

Post by Guest » 07-07-2009 21:53

"You're welcome, hunt well." MoonNight replied, after a brief pause, she smiled slightly, but it didn't touch her eyes. Just then, as Lena spoke, her fur rose, and her eyes hardened into flint. Rounding on Lena, MoonNight growled warningly, "My buiness, MY pups, are that MINE, out, scot, before I- " Lena was aware that MoonNight was ready to leap, and her muscles tensed in preparation to fight, her lips drawn back into a snarl. She could feel Faloyn's stiff fur brushing against her flank, and in the corner of her eye, she saw him back away, only to spring forward in alarm as another voice cut MoonNight's off.

"Hey you little runt, You better listen to your brother. It isn't your business if this femme doesn't wanna talk about it." Lena heard MoonNight growl, then break off in surprise as a newcomer strode onto the ridge of rock. The new wolf's fur was covered in dust, almost disguising her color of golden brown and red. Lena's eyes widened as she stared at the wolfess, she felt a surge of fury at the wolfess's words. I furious snarl tore from her throat and she tightened her muscles, ready to spring, but Faloyn grabbed her by her tail and hauled her back just as she sprang into the air. "Your little motor mouth one day will kill you I bet if you keep shoving your nose into people's business." the wolf added cooley.

Inflamed by the femme's words, Lena whirled around and glared angrily at her brother. Faloyn gripped her tail firmly in his teeth, obviously not about to let go. "Let me GO Faloyn! Just let me have ONE round with her! Then we can leave!" she hissed, to low for him to hear, Faloyn's response was to tighten his grip. "Sorry for intruding, I just seemed to catch a bit of your conversation and was just passing by. Hope I didn't startle you." the golden-brown wolf was saying to MoonNight. "You're fine, thanks. " MoonNight replied, jolted out of her anger momentarily by surprise.

"We'd better go," Faloyn growled hurridly through a mouthful of fur. He's afraid the others will get angry at us again. Lena thought scornfully. She jerked her head crossly and tore her tail free of his grasp, brushing past him and bounding down the rocks, still seething with fury. But she couldn't brush away the knowing that she had brought this upon herself. Faloyn WAS right, she had to admit, she probably was pushing MoonNight too much.

Once the siblings had reached the ground, without looking at her, Faloyn headed toward the valley that MoonNight had suggested. Wordlessly, the two wolf pups stalked the unfamliar land, side by side. Lena inhaled deeply, shoving her anger to the back of her mind, she scented for prey, sniffing loudly. Faloyn glanced at her, then trotted a few feet away onto a mound of dirt and sniffed as well. "Gopher," he whispered, gesturing to a small brown-and-biege body that was shuffling around by some tall wheat stalks. Soundlessly, Faloyn slid down from his perch and crept toward it. Lena sniffed the air suspiciously. Prey-laden, it was, but there was also another scent... one that she couldn't quite pinpoint or identify. It unnerved her. Lena shook herself, annoyed. She was never afraid. She wouldn't be now, just because of an unfamiliar scent.

Boldly, puffing out her chest, concentrating on breathing evenly and quietly, she slunk through the tall blades of grass and wheat. Faloyn was closer to the gopher now, Lena's mouth-watered as she breathed its warm tempting scent. One more step... she eyed her brother as Faloyn bunched his legs... just then, an awful, unfamiliar ominous scent, stronger than ever blasted up Lena's nostrils. She sat bolt upright, making the bracken beside her tail rattle treacherously. The gopher flinched and spotted her. It bolted. Lena heard Faloyn's grunt as he launched himself after it, but the gopher was already aware of danger. It swerved quickly and vanished into a hole.

Hackles bristling, Faloyn whipped around, glaring at Lena, his eyes filled with frustration. "What was that for? I could've caught that stupid gopher and then we'd be able to--" his voice broke off and his eyes focussed on a point beyond Lena's shoulder, his eyes round and unnaturally wide with horror, his jaw dropping. Lena's heart pounded as she noticed a shadow stretching over her. "MoonNight sent us into a trap!" Faloyn howled.

She trembled, her legs felt weak as she staggered to her paws... A terribly loud, horrid roar seemed to make the leaves on a nearby tree tremble. Shocked and startled, but not-yet afraid, Lena whirled around. Her eyes widened as she spotted two enormous panthers, one male, one female towering over her. She sat there, awed at their size and their amazing, rippling muscles and sleek orange fur. Lena felt a rush of wind near her face. "Lena RUN!!!!!!!" Faloyn screamed at her, spinning around and starting to race away, only to halt and swing his head back to his sister when she didn't move.

The female slowly turned and lumbered into the bushes, but the male stayed. It drew back its head, baring long white fangs at her... Then, it plunged downward, jaws parted, ready to snap Lena's neck into two peices. She continued to stare, awe-struck, her eyes fixed on its sharp white fangs. "Lena, NO!" she heard Faloyn wail, and then, as the panther lunged downward, she felt something barrel into her and bowled her over, out of the path of the terrible large cat. The panther's jaws snapped shut inches from Faloyn, immediately, the small gray wolf scrambled to his paws and tried to dart out of the way, but the panther sprang forward and with less force than before though, clamped its jaws down on Faloyn. A terrible scream ripped from Faloyn's throat, and it echoed throughout the mountain valleys as Lena felt something rise inside of her.

Terrible, amazing, forceful ANGER, in a black cloud swelled inside of her belly as she saw bright scarlet blood splatter from Faloyn's back. She leaped forward, ignoring Faloyn's command for her to get back, his voice torn with agony. The panther released Faloyn and tried to retreat, but Lena was already on its muzzle, scratching and clawing, and at last, sank her teeth into the saber's scarred pink nose, tearing it open. The panther howled, and with a massive heave, flung her away. Lena felt herself flying through empty air, and then landed with a thud that sent air whooshing out of her lungs. Stunned and winded, she tried to rise, but her legs wouldn't support her. She was aware that she felt no fear, only exhileration, even though she could've so easily lost her life... She was aware of Faloyn growling in her ear, and she managed to heave herself to her paws, sweeping her eyes over his body. Between his shoulders, blood gushed out of a gash on his back, but he didn't look too badly injured.

Wordlessly, he nudged her, trying to get her to run, but Lena could hardly stand, her head was light, and the world spun around her... The panther sprang toward them. Lena squeezed her eyes shut, this is it, we're going to die... die... just because of a STUPID TRAP!!! Why did that MoonNight send us here? To condemn us to our deathes? What was she THINKING?!?! Did she even know these monsters lived here?
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 07-07-2009 23:42

"You're fine, thanks."

Nodding, giving all attention to Moonnight she said, "Hope these troublemakers didn't go too far with you. Tch, when will kids learn respect eh?" the wolf commented with a sigh and a shrug of her shoulders. If it's once thing she hated, it was kids with both attitudes and annoyances that just ticked her off. "The name's Oasis," she commented then. Her ears perked though when the little furrballs began to speak. It was mostly the sister who seemed pissed, and she had good reasons. She looked to the kid's way as it was obvious the little tramp wanted a piece of Oasis.

"Let me GO Faloyn! Just let me have ONE round with her! Then we can leave!" she scowled like an irritated bug. Laughing, Oasis said, "What's the matter pup? You can't take my words maturedly?" she commented as she approached them. "But hey, you have spirit. Maybe a little match would be a good thing huh?" she added then. Sure she hated kids, but only ones that she thought were weak and wasted her time. This however was a change about, considering this one had a small spark of battle in her eyes. Oasis liked these kind of kids that had that spark within them. Not afraid to fight, not afraid to go down swinging. However, the fun ended when the brother wisely stated they should leave. Giving a rather sulkish shrug, Oasis said, "If you wanna take my on you should come see me up top. That's where I roam." she mentioned, glancing to the way up the slope of the mountains. She was interested if Lena had any guts to come visit her.

Watching the two pups leave of to the side, Oasis finally turned her attention to Moonnight. "So, what's a gal like you doin' out here?" she commented. Sure, it wasn't any of Oasis' business, but she too could already pick up that Moonnight indeed was a new mother. Sitting down she added, "Those kids sure were pestering buggers... But it's kinda odd, seein' young out here. Wonder where their parents are.." she said. "If they have any..." she thought to herself then. But suddenly, Oasis forgot all of her conversation with Moonnight. As a proffessional ex-death fighter, Oasis had senses that were well used. A new scent filled the air.. in the direction those kids had gone. Something wasn't right. "Hey," she said, glancing to Moon. "Those kids aren't safe alone. We should tag along after them," she said as an excuse. It was odd for her to go alone for these kids, since she hated children, but with Moonnight it would at least look half with dignity.

Already starting off without waiting, Oasis didn't walk, but ran. Something was coming, and it wasn't until she knew danger had struck before she heard the siblings' scream. "Lena, NO!" the ehchoing of Faloyn struck. Dashing foward more now, Oasis ran through the terrain before she saw three figures. Faloyn and Lena, huddled together. Faloyn seemed injured, while Lena was half concious. And then, a panther that came at them with full speed. It had the intent to kill, the intent to eat these kids. Snarling, Oasis let out a howl before she entered into the battle. The panther had heard her as well, and evaded the children in time as Oasis came before them. She glanced at Faloyn and Lena, snarling saying, "I might as well scold you later. Lie still. Help is on the way." And with that, Oasis immediately charged to the panther full force. Her intent? To kill it with every fiber in her being.

(( I wasn't sure if you wanted to share the playing part of the panther. so for now I just left it at this ;3 ))
ImageImage

Post by Guest » 08-07-2009 05:05

((Well, the pups aren't going to manage alone. ;) :D Is there a posting order here?))