Fate dealt me a bad hand

The rough mountains of the Hekaya lands, where only the strongest will survive.
Moon
Warrior

Post by Moon » 23-07-2009 02:07

She snorted in releif when she felt Faloyn finally climb off of her shoulders and disappear into the Kaya's den, they were starting to ache after all and sure as hell wasn't a pack horse. Moon kept her eyes open though, still on alert for the return of the black feline.

Suddenly the leaves rustled and out burst the figure of Lena, followed by Oasis, the young female gave a nod and hurried into the rocky cave. Moonnight didn't take much notice but began to rise to her paws, settling herself down on her hunches beside Oasis as she listened to the conversation between the two pups and their elderly caretaker. Kaya's ragged breaths could be heard even from outside, the last statement of her's making Moon's ears pin agaisnt her skull. The siblings emerged, carrying the old she-wolf between them.

Moonnight got up, eyes drifting over the sorry features of Kaya. It didn't seem likely that she would survive the move, and even if she did Moon didn't beleive the female had many days left in her anyhow. What would be the point in sacraficing there energy for someone who could no longer be of use to the world? "I.. I don't believe that your guardian would last the trip to move." Moonnight nodded her head in firm agreement, "You two can't carry her all that way, and even between me and Oasis it would take a long while to get up these rocks and find a place for Kaya to live out the rest of her days." she added in.

Oasis had fought and killed, Moon had climbed the rocks with Faloyn on her back, and Faloyn was injured. They were all tired, there was only so much the siblings could ask of the adults.

Post by Guest » 29-07-2009 04:15

((Sorry I took so long. :oops: ))

"Are you sure it's a good idea... I mean, I didn't know what condition your guardian was in but.." Oasis's ears twitched as she glanced at Kaya, pretty much being carried by the two pups, her paws trailing limply on the pebbles, scoring a shallow scrape in the ground. "I.. I don't believe that your guardian would last the trip to move." Oasis sounded worried. Faloyn felt a stab of fear. What would they do if they couldn't move Kaya? They WOULD eventually have to find a new den anyway, and by then Kaya would be even weaker.

But the glint in Oasis's eyes made his heart pound unevenly with fear. Did Oasis think Kaya wasn't even strong enough to move now? Did that mean she was... close to... death? Oasis was looking at MoonNight, waiting for her to speak. "You two can't carry her all that way, and even between me and Oasis it would take a long while to get up these rocks and find a place for Kaya to live out the rest of her days." Faloyn's shoulders sagged. They were right... it would just be too much for the elderly wolfess. He tried to keep his voice from shaking as he spoke, "So then... what's going to happen to that Panther we saw? Oasis, you're not going to..." he remembered the femme's ferocity with the last Panther they had ran into.

Would that be good for Kaya? Would that be safe for Oasis? Oasis did seem like a tough wolf that could handle a lot, but was too fights in one day too much for even a powerful fierce wolfess like Oasis? He decided not to voice his concerns, in case it caused offense to the she-wolf. Instead, he quickly recovered his voice and shifting his weight to balance with Kaya leaning heavily on him, he went on, "So we just stay here... and bring Kaya back to the cave?" Lena's ears were twitching and he could sense a tingle of excitement that prickled at her.

"Are you going to fight the Panther, and kill it Oasis?" Lena blurted out, her tail flicking excitedly. Faloyn winced and groaned inwardly. Couldn't Lena keep her mouth shut even just for a little bit?! Enough not to make wolves lunge at her with bared teeth? Faloyn watched Oasis warily, in case the femme should react strongly to Lena's outburst. To his surprise, she seemed to no longer be so touchy about the Panther and its cubs, and killing a mother. Perhaps now that she had really encountered it more closely, she wasn't so afraid of the thought of ridding the moutains of these savage beasts...

((I'm going on a one week vacation, so I probably won't reply until Monday. I'll be right back to reply as soon as I can, so see ya then!))
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 29-07-2009 20:18

"So then... what's going to happen to that Panther we saw? Oasis, you're not going to..." Oasis shook her head and sighed for a moment. "What do you think is going to happen to it?" she snapped lightly. "It has to go, that's the final answer. Wether it be by death or by tramping it off." Oasis answered. "So we just stay here... and bring Kaya back to the cave?" "Unless you got another idea, then yeah. Just stay here. It's not safe to move Kaya anymore than should be." Oasis said to them. "Looks like this home will be permanent for you lot." Oasis answered with a nod of her head. Although she wondered how these tykes would be able to live around here if Kaya were truly near the verge of death.

If nothing could help the poor wolf, then what would be the best solution for the pups? Not really did she care about their well being, it just concerned her because the natural balance of her kind had suddenly shifted the way she did not wish it. "Are you going to fight the Panther, and kill it Oasis?" Oasis glanced at Lena who in turn seemed to look excited. Raising a brow, Oasis said, "Didn't you just apologize to that cat? What the hell has made you go all gung ho about killing it?" Oasis asked, rather intrigued by the sudden change of heart. "Weren't you just stating how it had cubs too? Yeesh, did you really just get a makeover about other species cuz of that little encounter?" Oasis asked. It wasn't like she wasn't happy for someone to ask about her killing something. It somehow just, puzzled and bothered her that Lena suddenly had a rather.. out of character moment for her. Slight odd, really.
ImageImage

Moon
Warrior

Post by Moon » 31-07-2009 06:49

"So then... what's going to happen to that Panther we saw? Oasis, you're not going to..."

A great sigh left the she-wolf's chest, tired for a lifetime. Descions so large, the life of Kaya resting upon her's and Oasis' abilities. Even now with children of her own she cringed at the responsibility rearing it's ugly head. "So we just stay here... and bring Kaya back to the cave?"

Faloyn asked, thoughts silently swirling in the brindled fae's head. She couldn't stay for long, and would Oasis take any more of her time to help the siblings and their elderly caretaker? Oasis anwsered though, cementing where Kaya would stay in her last days. "Will you guard them, Oasis? I couldn't, I can send some friends down to help though." she commented, hoping that she might be able to convince her parents or Blackstone. Naynali had already done so much for her. Moon shifted on her paws uncomforatbly, "Are you going to fight the Panther, and kill it Oasis?" The she-wolf blinked in suprise at Lena's sudden outburst, that seemingly was excited.

"Didn't you just apologize to that cat? What the hell has made you go all gung ho about killing it?" "Weren't you just stating how it had cubs too? Yeesh, did you really just get a makeover about other species cuz of that little encounter?"

Moon shrugged uncaringly and rised to her paws. She padded over to the sibligns and leaned down as if she was about to pounce. "Can you lay her over my back?" she asked, sinking lower so that the two wouldn't have to hold Kaya up to high.

Post by Guest » 03-08-2009 20:09

"What do you think is going to happen to it?" Oasis's voice snapped slightly. "What do you think is going to happen to it?" Lena flicked her ears, sensing Oasis wanted to say more. "Unless you got another idea, then yeah. Just stay here. It's not safe to move Kaya anymore than should be." Oasis added, answering Faloyn's question. Lena felt like prancing about from the building energy inside of her... but that was impossible with Kaya leaning heavily on her.

"Didn't you just apologize to that cat? What the hell has made you go all gung ho about killing it? Weren't you just stating how it had cubs too? Yeesh, did you really just get a makeover about other species cuz of that little encounter?" "I'm not changing my mind because of THAT." Lena snorted, "That expirence was bad at ALL. In fact, it was really cool! But what I AM excited about, is the fight! It's so... dangerous!" She knew that it would mean to kill the panther and its cubs, but after the recent encounter with the female panther, she could feel her blood still rushing through her veins from the adredaline.

There was nothing she enjoyed more than a good dose of fear and excitement. Seeing Oasis fight before had been in more of a daze, clouded with the worry for Faloyn, but now his wound had long-stopped bleeding, and now she was freed of it she longed to have more excitement. When she was hunting for Kaya, or play-fighting with Faloyn, REAL exciting things didn't happen much.

But now all the wolves were staring at her, and Faloyn was eyeing her with raw disbelief in his eyes. They just don't get it! Lena wiggled slightly, They must think I'm CRAZY!!! Then MoonNight spoke. "Will you guard them, Oasis? I couldn't, I can send some friends down to help though." Friends? Lena was confused by that. MoonNight shrugged, then dropped down to a crouch beside Faloyn, Kaya and Lena.

"Can you lay her over my back?" Faloyn nodded, and tensed his shoulders, while Lena ducked down lower so she was just slightly above MoonNight, who pressed herself against the earth so they wouldn't have to lift Kaya. Faloyn drew himself up and Kaya slowly slid downward, and at last landed on MoonNight's back, her head rolling back, tongue hanging out and lolling limply.
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 03-08-2009 21:59

"I'm not changing my mind because of THAT. That experience was bad at ALL. In fact, it was really cool! But what I AM excited about, is the fight! It's so... dangerous!"

Oasis blinked. All of a sudden though she began to laugh. The laughing filled the cave, before Oasis spoke. "You're telling me you're all gung ho because of adrenaline rush?" Oasis asked. She could see it in the pup's eyes. Amusement, excitement, hopefulness and enthusiasm sky rocketing. "Moon... you must be out of your head." Oasis commented. "How can you be so double sided with this?" Oasis asked. "Is that how you're going to be if you ever encounter something again without any help? Because of adrenaline rush you'll make the rashest mistake or attempt?" Oasis paused. "Ah well, whatever." she shrugged. "It's your life." she mentioned, before adding, "I guess if you want though, you could watch. Just don't get in my way." With a shrug of her shoulders once more, she glanced back to MoonNight.

"If you're asking that of me for the rest of my life, I've got better things t'do." Oasis said. "Course, that doesn't mean I won't help 'em out. I will, for a while. But once you guys can take care of yourselves on your own I'm out." Oasis said to them then. "I can't pupsit for the rest of my days." she grumbled a bit then. "Maybe though, they'd be better off with your friends." Oasis commented. To have pups be with her, it was a risk that could end up ruining their lives, for they'd no idea who Oasis really was in the first place.
ImageImage

Moon
Warrior

Post by Moon » 03-08-2009 22:34

(I'm assuming you meant Lena in your post. :) )

She crouched as low as possible, watching the siblings as they rose and fall allowing Kaya to slide onto her back easily. Moon stiffened with the new weight, slowly pulling herself back up and glancing back to look at the sickly figure of the elder.

Moonnight looked back to Oasis, brows raised curiously at the sudden laughing. The wolffess said nothing, more concerened with Kaya and the soreness that she was beginning to feel in her muscles.

"If you're asking that of me for the rest of my life, I've got better things t'do." "Course, that doesn't mean I won't help 'em out. I will, for a while. But once you guys can take care of yourselves on your own I'm out."

Moon shook her head, "Nah, I couldn't ask that and I'm sure that you two don't need someone around to help you forever. Got each other." she mentioned. "Maybe though, they'd be better off with your friends." It had to be her parents, the mate's balanced each other out, though she wans't sure how eager Athelo and Lunar would be to leave their only recently found daughter and grandchildren. She wondered, too, how Naynali and Blackstone would react to her sudden kindness, Moon brushed it off as mother hormones.
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 04-08-2009 04:32

hm?? oh! Lol no actually.. I made that term up to serve as instead of saying like, "Good lord.." or "Christ's sake" or whatever, to just say "Oh Moon.." so, xDD sorry if i might've made that dialogue confusing for u moon xD )
ImageImage

Post by Guest » 24-09-2009 03:40

((Sorry about how long this is taking, but I'm super busy with school-work, plus I am absolutely and 100% museless...))[/b]
Moon
Warrior

Post by Moon » 11-02-2010 22:03

bump?