Life in the mountains can be cruel... (Mature, SilverWolf92)

The rough mountains of the Hekaya lands, where only the strongest will survive.
Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 15-10-2010 18:01

SilverWolf92 wrote:GUESS WHAT THIS IS 8D ]]
((WOOT WOOT!!! :D))
His tail curled happily and as he watched her dart off in a playful jump. He liked the playfulness as he seemed to dart forward right after, trotting with a teasing strut as he went along. The smell of the meat wafted through his nostrils, and he felt like his stomach was about to let out a tremendous, roaring growl.

"I'm starving!" he responded. "What do we have as a selection?" he asked, curious. Of course, he did like his meat... but, since this was the wild now... he definately would't get it medium rare....
Sheerah snickered. ''Oh, we got all sorts... Deer, hare, birds, you name it... what are you in the mood for..?''

Leading him straight up to the storage, she suddenly perked her ears.
Soft mews entered her ears; her cubs where awake...

She hesitated; should she go to them...? Her motherinstinct told her to rush back, but her common sense warned her; How would a lion male respond to cubs? Usually, they didn't like cubs that weren't their own... and she didn't want to fight...

As she was about to stop, not really sure where to go, she suddenly saw Kiala come out of her cave. She gave a nod towards Sheerah, trotting towards her cave.

Sheerah licked her lips, but walked on, her eyes at Kiala.
She didn't knew Kiala too well... and she didn't really like the idea of others tending to her babies right now...

Suddenly, she spotted Kiala's pups as well. The triplet Bandit, Dusty and Chikara where still only a few weeks old, but they wobbled out of the cave without hesitation, after their mother. It was the cutest sight... nobody could see them without smiling. And thus, she felt her own maw curl into a smile as the clumsy pups on their huge feet tried to rush after their mother, falling over and getting back up.

Kiala was already at Sheerah's cave. She stopped there, eyes flashing back at Sheerah again, then slowly walked in.
Sheerah saw her lower her head, but then she dissapeared into the dark.

*Trust her.* A voice inside her head said. *Just trust her, it'll be fine.*

And thus, she turned her head back to the storage as she carried on, one ear turned to the cave, bringing Mwimbaji right up to the entrance.

---
"we have to find a way to be able to let your human know we need his help..." she said softly to Runkle. "Maybe.. if you can assist us ..." Kami went over to Mike again giving him a soft nose nudge, trotting off in the direction of where the distant pack was... and where Ace was. She looked to them all before tail flicking, ears perking. "We have to play this safe." she said. "If we can at least show your master where Ace is located... maybe he can get some more assistance." she told them before she whined softly in Mike's direction, walking once more, her nervousness and impatience beginning to form.
Runkle let out a deep laugh. ''Leave that to me.'' He said, shaking his fur and his long, loose skin.

Mike was still standing perfectly still, listening to Kami's sounds, as Storm slowly got up.
- ''I think it worked...'' He whispered to Kami. To Mike, it was just more whimpers.

He turned his head to Butch, who seemed disgruntled. The black lab was often a tad grumpy, but Mike wondered why he was like that now.
Before he could move, though, Runkle suddenly pulled his trousers.

- ''Hey... What is it..? What do you want..?'' He looked up and saw Kami, pacing back and forth, clearly wanting him to come. ''Calm down, all of you... calm down would you!'' He patted Runkle on his head. ''Let me get Rio first...''

- ''That's the horse.'' Runkle explained, as he let go of Mike. ''He wants to ride there. Good idea, perhaps, it's faster.''
Mike walked off, going faster the moment he had some distance between him and Storm.

Storm perked his ears. HORSE? What was a horse...? He couldn't remember an animal like that...

- ''I hope he won't be long...'' He mumbled.
- ''Oh, he won't be.'' Runkle reassured him. ''Rio is fast. It'll take him a bit to get to our home, but he'll be back very quickly once he's on Rio's back.''
- ''On his BACK?'' Storm's eyes widened. ''He's RIDING on an ANIMAL?''
- ''Yes, he's...''
- ''I STILL don't AGREE with this.''

Butch had interrupted Runkle so suddenly that Runkle turned his head at him, then sighed.
- ''I know you don't, Butch. If you don't want to, don't come.''
- ''Oh, I'LL come... I'LL look AFTER my master. Seems YOU don't.'' Butch grumbled. He then got up, and rushed into the direction where Mike had went.

Runkle rolled his eyes, then smiled at Storm and Kami.
- ''Won't be long now.''

----

Back at the pride, Nakisha was restless.
Ace was ALIVE. And she was here, doing nothing. Puppysitting. Not helping her mate at all.
She remembered Storm's warning; too many wolves would frighten a human. A human wouldn't help if there where too many wolves....
But what if they didn't find a human...?

She whimpered softly to herself. She was USELESS....

Suddenly, Sunset approached. Nakisha watched her come closer; Airan was playing with the other pups, both her own as Kami's. Chax and Salea where also there; Fuego and Salea had found a way to communicate a little. To Nakisha, it was just a whole series of strange moves of head, paws, tail and body, but it seemed to mean something between them.

- ''I just heard.''

Nakisha looked up at Sunset, sighing. Sunset sat down next to her.
- ''So... he's alive after all.''
- ''Yes... that was what Storm said.''
- ''How do we know we can trust him?'' Sunset kept her eyes on her son. ''How do we know he's not lying? That he's not one of them?''
- ''Guess we don't.'' Nakisha didn't feel like discussing the worst.
- ''He took Kami with him. Who knows what he'll do to her.''
- ''Kami can take care of herself.'' Nakisha answered, fully believing every word. ''It's Hakuro I worry about.''
- ''The whimp...''
- ''He's not a whimp. He feared for the lives of his family. They threatend to kill his pups if he ever told.'' Nakisha turned her ears back. ''You can't blame him.''
- ''Ah, yes... his pups. One is still missing, isn't it? Why doesn't he DO something about THAT?''
- ''What CAN he do?'' Nakisha was slowly getting annoyed. ''Takumi wants to be with them. We can't force him back.''
- ''Sure we can. Pick him up in the scruff of his neck and drag him home. That's what I'd do if it was Airan.''
- ''Takumi is like his father... two souls in one body. That's what Kami thinks. It's her decision.''
- ''Nemesis can kill him in a heartbeat.''
- ''Yes, she can.'' Nakisha sighed again.

Sunset fell silent for a moment, then finally spoke up again.
- ''I'm not happy with this. IF that Storm-guy told the truth, Ace is held by those mongrels, as well as Takumi. How much longer will we put up with this?''
- ''I don't know, Sunset... how can we beat them?''
- ''I didn't suggest beating them....''

Nakisha perked her ears and looked at her in surprise.
Sunset kept staring at the pups, and was silent for a bit. Then, she finally spoke again.

- ''We're wolves. Not cats. Maybe it's time for us to move on... find ourself another home. A pack. A place to live, away from the Mountain pack.''

Nakisha opened her mouth to answer, then fell silent again and looked in the distance.

A pack...?
Kami, Hakuro and their triplet... Mooneyes and Ross and their two pups... Sunset and Airan... Kiala, Rogue and her triplet... Ace, herself and their pups...
Moving on? Without the cats...?

Sunset finally got up.
- ''I don't mean right now. There are things to settle first. But we should consider it.''

Nakisha finally refound her ability to speak.
- ''Sunset...'' She narrowed her eyes slightly. ''Do you suggest US to live in the same pack?''

Sunset turned her head at her.
- ''It's not like I'm cheering, no. But we where BORN in the same pack. We GREW UP in the same pack. We ended up HERE together. I guess I could tolerate you around a little longer. Besides, it's not like we need to be friends to get along if need be.'' She turned her head back in the distance. ''Besides... we did eachother some favours. For the sake of the pups, it's not the worst arrangement I could think off... for now.''

Before Nakisha could answer her again, she walked off.
~When darkness comes, you know I'm never far~
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 25-10-2010 16:01

"Oh, we got all sorts... Deer, hare, birds, you name it... what are you in the mood for..?''

He licked his lips. Just hearing about the food variety made his mouth water so suddenly. It could have been because he was THAT hungry, but it was probably more so that he hadn't had a decent meal in a long time that involved great quality meat. It might have been his daydreaming about meat that had made him so oblivious to the tiny little meowing heard from a distance, but he had recognized the look of hesitance on Sheerah's face. He tilted his head before he walked up to her a moment.

"Are you okay?" he asked. It looked like she'd just seen a ghost or something. His eyes however did follow her glance, and soon enough he saw Kiala with her three pups following her.

"Aw." he chuckled. It was cute seeing babies follow their mom's like little ducklings. He wondered if maybe Sheerah was jealous that Kiala had kids? He was unaware that the dog was going to Sheerah's den, and not knowing the reason other than her long gaze for the pups he said, "They're cute huh?" he paused. "The pups I mean. Really cute litle bundles they are." he smiled. "You ever thought about having cubs?" he asked. "I think they'd be really fun." he said with a nod of his head, before he took a few steps forward, and stopped waiting for her.

He wasn't sure if she was still dazing, so he simply waited for her to continue her own stroll of pace before she led him to the entrance of the storage. The variety of meat... the scent was intoxicating for him and he felt his mouth begin to drool even more.

"There's so many choices!" he said in delight, he wanted to do a hand stand if he could, or leap for joy; but he refrained from doing so.

--

At the mentioning of a horse, Kami's ears perked. A horse! Great idea! She at first let her tail softly wag, figuring that being faster would be better .But then her mouth dropped a little. "Wait.. .a horse..?" she glanced to Storm seeing his look of dumbfoundment a little to be kind of funny. "A horse is a bigger four legged creature with hoofs." she commented. "Kind of like male deer, but bigger and much more powerful in the legs..." she paused however.

"It's a good idea to travel by horse but... the pack. They'll be able to, I'm sure smell the horse from a good distance.. Will Rio be able to stand up to them? The best I can see him doing is rearing them with his legs but... if they were to pounce; things could get ugly.." she said quietly, ears folding.

In a way having the horse was a good thing. It provided more chance for them to go rescue Ace. On the contrary though however, having the horse would be a bigger risk; not only for Mike, but now for Rio too. Of course, it could have been she was just worrying too much. She was certain with all of them there plus the horse, Mike would be safe, Ace would be free, and maybe if a little fight ensued, some of the members of that damned pack would be destroyed... Not only that... but Takumi. He was still there... maybe, just maybe if she had the chance, she could rescue her son as well...
ImageImage

Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 26-10-2010 20:58

"Are you okay?" he asked. It looked like she'd just seen a ghost or something. His eyes however did follow her glance, and soon enough he saw Kiala with her three pups following her.

"Aw." he chuckled. It was cute seeing babies follow their mom's like little ducklings.

-

"They're cute huh?" he paused. "The pups I mean. Really cute litle bundles they are." he smiled. "You ever thought about having cubs?" he asked. "I think they'd be really fun." he said with a nod of his head, before he took a few steps forward, and stopped waiting for her.
- ''Oh... eh...'' Sheerah was quite stunned by the friendly attitude of this lion. He was a male, like Themba had been, but... Themba had been way different. Like, typical African lion male - different.
She then retook herself, walked on and smiled. ''Oh, yes, they are cute. Very cute...''
She then hesitated; she couldn't tell him she already hád cubs. Not now. She had to make sure he was no threat to them before she did...

And thus, avoiding the question, she snickered and swished her tail over his back. - ''Talking about having cubs already? Woah, boy... Aren't you a fast one...'' She then picked up speed and let him right to the storage, to prevent him from asking more.
The variety of meat... the scent was intoxicating for him and he felt his mouth begin to drool even more.

"There's so many choices!" he said in delight, he wanted to do a hand stand if he could, or leap for joy; but he refrained from doing so.
Sheerah curled her tail slightly up, enjoying his enthusiasm, then sat down and waited patiently.
- ''Well, dig in!'' She smiled. ''I'm sure you'll find something to your liking. When was the last time you ate?''

--
"Wait.. .a horse..?" she glanced to Storm seeing his look of dumbfoundment a little to be kind of funny. "A horse is a bigger four legged creature with hoofs." she commented. "Kind of like male deer, but bigger and much more powerful in the legs..." she paused however.
''Oh... aha. I... knew that.'' Storm grinned, winking at her. He turned his ears slightly back with a sheepish smile.
Runkle let out a deep laugh; that wolf was funny. Silly. He liked that, after being around Butch for all this time; finally some HUMOR.
"It's a good idea to travel by horse but... the pack. They'll be able to, I'm sure smell the horse from a good distance.. Will Rio be able to stand up to them? The best I can see him doing is rearing them with his legs but... if they were to pounce; things could get ugly.." she said quietly, ears folding.
- ''Don't you worry, miss.'' Runkle lowered his head slightly and smiled at them. ''I will make sure the pack doesn't get to the horse... let me handle it.'' He then perked his flop ears to listen; the sound of hooves already thundered in the distance. ''Ah, he's coming back fast...''

Storm suddenly got up.
- ''Kami... let me go back first. Just follow my scent and find me. I'll leave good tracks... you'll be lead straight to where Ace is kept. I got to prepare Ace for this.''

Runkle tilted his head slightly. ''Hmm... guess you could. We'll be right behind you. But be careful.'' He looked at Kami. ''What do you say?''
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 02-11-2010 23:04

"Talking about having cubs already? Woah, boy... Aren't you a fast one...."

His ears perked up and a surprised look came on his face. "OH! No no no I didn't mean it like that!" he sweatdropped. If he could he'd go on his hind legs, waving his pas spazzmodicaly in the air, a signature hand motion that the humans would make when they were ancy. "I simply mean they're just so cute and stuff, and you never get tired playing with them." he smiled. Although the other portion of having cubs did process into his head, and he lightly blushed across his cheeks before letting the idea slip out of his mind. Mwimbaji thought about having a family once. But then he recalled; he had a family.... back home. . . Of course, this was now his home, and he had to make the best of it. He had come this far, so there was no turning back.

"Well, dig in! I'm sure you'll find something to your liking. When was the last time you ate?"

His eyes were like huge golfballs as he licked his lips, feeling the drool already forming at the corner of his maw. Not wanting to look like a slob, he glanced away once, wiping away the saliva with his paw before he glanced her way. "Oh me? When did I last eat..?" he gulped. It was more like when was the last time he had a decent meal... "Ah... a while ago." he mentioned shyly before he already headed toward the poultry. He liked all kinds of food, he wasn't /too/ picky. But a certain bird was something Mwimbaji had been looking for, and he hoped they had it. Sniffing around, he nudged certain foods away out of careful selection before his tail curled. "A-HA!" he declared, before reaching inside a huge pile of poultry, and taking out a wild turkey. Success? He thought so. Taking the bird in his mouth, he started walking out looking to her saying, "Thish ish te vun." before lying down under the sun, waiting for her to eat with him.

---
- ''Kami... let me go back first. Just follow my scent and find me. I'll leave good tracks... you'll be lead straight to where Ace is kept. I got to prepare Ace for this.''

Runkle tilted his head slightly. ''Hmm... guess you could. We'll be right behind you. But be careful.'' He looked at Kami. ''What do you say?''
Kami felt her ears perk from side to side, debating to herself. This was dangerous, she knew it. However, she also believed in Storm. And now there was no turning back from where they stood. She nodded her head. "Leave it to me Storm." she said confidently. "I'll lead them toward you both. Just be careful, all right?" she gave him a head rub to the shoulder as a sign of good luck and concern, before her head turned in the direction of the growing clops of the horses' feet.

"Be safe." was her final word to Storm, not looking back. Her focus had now turned to leading both her fellow dogs, and human no less, to Ace's location. Storm would do the rest; just as Kami would do her own share in this rescue operation.
ImageImage

Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 03-11-2010 21:54

His ears perked up and a surprised look came on his face. "OH! No no no I didn't mean it like that!" he sweatdropped. If he could he'd go on his hind legs, waving his pas spazzmodicaly in the air, a signature hand motion that the humans would make when they were ancy. "I simply mean they're just so cute and stuff, and you never get tired playing with them." he smiled.
Sheerah snickered. This guy was cute... really cute. Her tail curled again; never before had she met a male like this.
Not the rough, tough male stuff... just a friendly chap, a tad... strange, maybe, but nice...
His eyes were like huge golfballs as he licked his lips, feeling the drool already forming at the corner of his maw. Not wanting to look like a slob, he glanced away once, wiping away the saliva with his paw before he glanced her way. "Oh me? When did I last eat..?" he gulped. It was more like when was the last time he had a decent meal... "Ah... a while ago." he mentioned shyly before he already headed toward the poultry. He liked all kinds of food, he wasn't /too/ picky.
Sheerah layed down near the entrance of the storage, waiting patiently. She would keep him company as he ate... even though she really wanted to go back to her cubs at the same time.

She peeked over her shoulder; she could see Kiala's tail. She was still there.
The fact that Kiala stayed in sight made her feel slightly better; at least she was sure everything was okay, now.
"A-HA!" he declared, before reaching inside a huge pile of poultry, and taking out a wild turkey. Success? He thought so. Taking the bird in his mouth, he started walking out looking to her saying, "Thish ish te vun." before lying down under the sun, waiting for her to eat with him.
Sheerah smiled and came a little closer, keeping a respectful distance from the meal still. After all... wild lions weren't always the sharing types. However, she had a feeling he wouldn't protect his food much. He didn't strike her as the fericious snarling type... she snickered slightly at the thought.

---
Kami felt her ears perk from side to side, debating to herself. This was dangerous, she knew it. However, she also believed in Storm. And now there was no turning back from where they stood. She nodded her head. "Leave it to me Storm." she said confidently. "I'll lead them toward you both. Just be careful, all right?" she gave him a head rub to the shoulder as a sign of good luck and concern, before her head turned in the direction of the growing clops of the horses' feet.

"Be safe." was her final word to Storm, not looking back.
With a quick nuzzle as an answer, Storm rushed off.
He knew Kami would follow soon... and even though he was still rather curious to see what a horse looked like, he felt he had to prepare Ace for what was coming.
Besides, he worried; he had left him in a rather bad state. He hoped he would hold out a little longer...

Though Storm usually was a lousy tracker, he didn't need much time to find his way back to Ace's prison.
He silently entered the territory again, sniffing around. There seemed to be no guard this time... good...

But he had no idea someone was looking.... A clever beta, always on watch.
As expected, the others had abandoned their post once more. Even though he had ordered them to stay and guard the pitt, they had left for a quick snack after a few hours watch... and of course, the enemy returned NOW.
But he was ready for them...

Without delay, Storm snuck back to the pitt and peeked down.

- ''Pssh... Ace!''

He could see Ace down there. He lay perfectly still, and for a moment, Storm felt a shiver running up his spine; he wasn't....?!!

- ''Huh...?'' The ears of the black wolf began to move; he slowly lifted himself to his paws and looked up. ''STORM!'' He gasped. ''Why are you back?? You shouldn't be here...''

- ''Yeah, yeah, whatever. Help is on it's way.''
- ''HELP?'' Ace's eyes widened. ''NO... I told you not to...''
- ''You told me so many things. I was still on the part about you finding a mate.'' Storm grinned. ''I hadn't processed the rest yet. Sorry 'bout that.''
- ''STORM, THIS ISN'T A JOKE..''

But as they whispered and hissed to one another, Bones rushed back to Nemesis's den.
- ''Nemesis! He's BACK... the wolf, the friend of Ace!''
- ''WHAT?!'' Nemesis's snout peeked out from the den. Her fangs glittered in the light. ''WHERE?!''
- ''At the pitt... what shall I do?''
- ''At the pitt? Didn't the others get him?''
- ''They left to eat... Nemesis, shall I...''
- ''Oh, FOR...'' Nemesis suddenly appeared; the pups in the den let out some soft cries. ''I have to do EVERYTHING myself!!! Damn it... YOU stay here, and guard the DEN, after you fetched Ratchet!'' She growled. ''I'll get him PERSONALLY this time... HURRY.''

Bones rushed off; he knew better then to disagree with her....

But while all of that happend in only minutes...
Storm was still peeking down the pitt.

- ''Storm... be careful... Nemesis and Tyrus and their gang might be out there!'' Ace hissed.
''Who?'' Storm tilted his head a little. ''Oh, those guys who caught you, huh?''
- ''Yes. They're a PACK. Please, Storm, just GO. Get out of here.'' Ace turned his ears back. ''You're in great danger...''
- ''So are you.''
- ''I'm fine. They can't hurt me down here.''
- ''Ah. Starving doesn't hurt...?''
- ''STORM, PLEASE!''

But at the same time, Nemesis and Ratchet where already sneaking up on them, hidden carefully.
Nemesis growled and crouched down; she stared at Storm with narrowed eyes.
Damnit... who was that guy, and how had he found her prisoner....? No matter... he'd die...

Ace whimpered. - ''Enough with the jokes... Storm, listen. Use your nose... be alert... they might atta...''
- ''Use my nose? Rather not... the stench from that pit you're in is aweful.''
- ''Storm, I'm serious! They...''

Storm's head snapped up; the sound of a snapping twig had caught his attention.
His fur slightly bristled as he growled; someone was there....

''Storm.. they're dangerous... they'll kill y...!''

Ace was cut off by the snarl of Nemesis as she attacked.
He let out a scream of fright; Storm was facing death up there!!
Ratchet was with Nemesis as they attacked in siccor position... with Storm as their centre.

Storm's eyes sparkled for a moment; a grin crept up his snout. He jumped straight up; Ratchet almost crashed into Nemesis and as he tried to avoid it, came too close to the pit and almost lost his balance.
Nemesis skidded for a turn... But Storm leaped again. She only saw his tail dissapear from the corner of her eye....

Suddenly, there was nothing. Dust whirling in the air... and the only sound the panting of Ratchet and Nemesis.
''What the hell.. where did he go?'' Ratchet growled.
Nemesis's ears where perked; she slowly circled the area, her nose twitching....

For one of the scares trees above their heads, Storm glanced down.
*Well well... these are probably the wolves Ace meant. Unfriendly bunch. Strong, it seems... Especially the female.* He tought, staring down at their backs. *Hmm... badass or not... nice rump she got.*

Ratchet walked straight under his tree; Storm grinned. He couldn't help himself...

He leaped down; his paws hit Ratchet straight on his back, and he screamed in pain and surprise. Storm simply jumped sidewards, staying clear of Nemesis's swift attack that followed within a second.

''Calm down, missy.'' Storm grinned. ''What's got your tail in a knot?''

Nemesis didn't answer him; she went for another attack.
Storm avoided her easily; he jumped, he ran, he moved swiftly and with ease. His speed was his best trait...

But by now, he was getting more serious; his fur bristled slightly as Nemesis stopped chasing him.
She growled, and he growled back.

''You got my friend down there...'' Storm said, softly, as he showed her his teeth. ''And I don't care who the hell you are and WHY you decided to take him... but I've came to take him BACK.''

''Fool...'' Nemesis growled, as she got ready for another attack, a grin curling around her maw. ''You'll die here... You have no chance in hell to...''
She was about to jump again and her yellow eyes flashed... but before she could attack, before she could finish her sentence... something russled in the bushes.

((KAMI TO THE RESCUE!!! :D Need her to lead Mike to where he can see; he'll know what to do... ;) Need inbetween-happenings here. Runkle especially will give full help; Mike will just follow them without too much question, especially since he has a feeling they wish to show him something. :)))
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 09-01-2011 20:31

Mwimbaji was certainly enjoying his meal, already nomming on the meat that tore so easily. Oh yes, fresh, juicy, soft meat. Just what the lion ordered! What he couldn't understand was why she kept her distance away from him. Did he offend her or something? Stopping to eat a moment, he tilted his head before his tail smacked against the ground in an almost wagging fashion.

"Hey." he called before he moved his paw outstretched to the little area that was right beside him. "C'mere and help me finish this!" he snickered before tearing off a rather large piece, placing it down on the ground and nudging it her way a little. "I don't bite. Plus ,I've never had company while eating at /that/ kind of distance before." he chuckled before he went back to his own meat, loving every single bite, unaware that he was indeed both purring like a kitten and tail frantically whipping back and forth in contentment.

For a life that was outside of his cage back at his past home... this wasn't so bad! Especially now that he found more cats to chill with.

---

As Storm's figure disappeared into the bushes to go back to where Ace was, Kami watched on, slightly hesitant. There was something in her gut that felt like she should have at least had someone to go with him.. but she knew he'd be all right. She was just worrying too much was all. With ears perking and moving lightly, she looked back and as soon as she spotted Mike and his horse, she nodded to Runkle and Butch before giving a short bark and dashed off. There was no time to waste. Every second, every minute, every breath counted. The clock was slowly ticking... The question was, was it on their side..?

As Kami had continued to take the lead, she made sure not to go too far away from the bunch as they ran. She would call back with a small bark every so often before it lowered, but during the time when they were out of ear range she had shouted back to Butch, Runkle, and Rio (though she was unsure if her language could be understood too well from a horse)

"The pack is brutal, you'll have to be careful. They've got at least about eight of them, plus Tyrus and Nemesis, the leaders of the group. But you don't really need to worry much about Tyrus... It's Nemesis that's the threat. I'll lead Mike to where he can openly see without being seen... meanwhile, Butch, Runkle, I may need your aid for when we arrive at the deisgnation.. I can probably assure you that there's going to be a fight going down.. and it's not going to be easy."

Continuing on, faintly in the distance, voices could be heard. They were close. Kami had suddenly shifted course. She had made a sharp turn in hopes that the others could make it just as quick before leading Mike a bit astray. The view had to be perfect. If he was in perfect shooting range that would be efficient, so she had to make sure she found one. And find one she did. It was away from the pack, down wind a bit yonder. They wouldn't be able to sniff him out. Panting, Kami looked to the side before she looked up to Rio, and to Mike. "Make sure he stays here... And wait here." she added, before she had immediately dashed off a different way. If at all costs her scent had reached this area, she wanted to lead them off from a different side and not the way she came. She made it complicated but hurried, for suddenly she heard the sounds of Nemesis reach her, and, snarling, she made her move.

Like the speed of the sound of rushing wind, Kami had let out a viscious, curtling snarl, the best that she could ever muster before lunging from the brush. Landing considering she hadn't been extremely too close to Nemesis, she did however stare daggers at her and those around her, the pit, and Storm. "No one dies today. But you're most likely going to lose Nemesis. I'm going to make sure of it." she spat lowly.
ImageImage

Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 10-01-2011 22:20

((OK LOOOOONG reply, but figured it'd probably be nice to hurry it along a little bit...? ;) Just let me know if this is OK...))

Sheerah, getting a tad impatient and constantly glancing to where Kiala's cave was, suddenly heard Mwimbaji's voice.
"Hey." he called before he moved his paw outstretched to the little area that was right beside him. "C'mere and help me finish this!" he snickered before tearing off a rather large piece, placing it down on the ground and nudging it her way a little. "I don't bite. Plus ,I've never had company while eating at /that/ kind of distance before." he chuckled before he went back to his own meat, loving every single bite, unaware that he was indeed both purring like a kitten and tail frantically whipping back and forth in contentment.
Sheerah's jaw almost dropped.
Themba would have NEVER shared a meal with her like that... no male lion she ever saw would. They usually ate their fill and left the rest for the lionesses.
Who WAS this guy??
She slowly got up, a little suspicious, expecting him to growl as she came closer. But to her surprise, he did not, and she flopped down besides him, hesitantly taking the meat that was offered... before nibbling on it, her eyes on him, completely stunned.

- ''You're... not like other lions I've met...'' She mumbled, with a bit of a smile.

--
"The pack is brutal, you'll have to be careful. They've got at least about eight of them, plus Tyrus and Nemesis, the leaders of the group. But you don't really need to worry much about Tyrus... It's Nemesis that's the threat. I'll lead Mike to where he can openly see without being seen... meanwhile, Butch, Runkle, I may need your aid for when we arrive at the deisgnation.. I can probably assure you that there's going to be a fight going down.. and it's not going to be easy."
Runkle panted; his long, floppy lips flung up and down as he ran.
Butch, more agile and lighter, rushed besides him.

- ''Oh, we're NOT going to fight...'' Butch growled, but Runkle glared at him. He then spoke up himself.
- ''It's okay, Kami. I don't know who ''Nemesis'' is, but I'm sure we'll see what happens when we get there... Butch, please stay with Mike... okay?'' He asked, glancing at his friend. ''I know you won't fight, but I'm sure you'll protect him and Rio... right?''

He knew he had hit a sensetive spot; the lab growled.

- ''Yes... I'll stay with him... but you'd be an IDIOT to fight for wolves, Runkle...''
- ''Leave thát decision to me...'' The large dog grinned.

Kami turned, Butch turned with her. Runkle, being so damn heavy, tried to turn but skidded, fell, got back up and hurried after them once more.

Rio and Mike where right behind; the horse snorted as he galloped after the dogs. Mike frowned; where the hell where they TAKING him? What was the dog trying to say? Or was she just happy and playing..?
Panting, Kami looked to the side before she looked up to Rio, and to Mike. "Make sure he stays here... And wait here." she added, before she had immediately dashed off a different way.
- ''Sure.'' Butch suddenly turned, facing the horse, standing perfectly still.
Rio was appearantly used to it; he fell back in a trot and stopped right in front of the dog. Butch kept blocking the way, staring up at Mike.
Mike frowned.
- ''What is it, boy?'' His voice was just a whisper. But he didn't dismount his horse; instead, he looked up, trying to see where they had taken him...

Runkle raised his large head and sniffed. Kami had taken them downwind...
He trotted a little closer towards some bushes, to get a view.

Mike listened; he waited. Rio suddenly began to pound the ground with his hooves, his head suddenly raising. A scared sound escaped the horse and his nostrils flared, eyes rolling.

- ''Wha... calm, Rio...'' Mike mumbled, patting the horse's neck. ''Woah, boy...''

But he then saw it too. The reason why Rio was so scared... the reason WHY Butch held him here...

WOLVES....

Like the speed of the sound of rushing wind, Kami had let out a viscious, curtling snarl, the best that she could ever muster before lunging from the brush. Landing considering she hadn't been extremely too close to Nemesis, she did however stare daggers at her and those around her, the pit, and Storm. "No one dies today. But you're most likely going to lose Nemesis. I'm going to make sure of it." she spat lowly.
There was a moment of surprise; Nemesis's head snapped in Kami's direction while Storm, surprised as well, looked at her.

- ''KAMI...'' Nemesis let out a deep growling, but her maw twisted into a sadistic grin. ''Are you SURE you want to fight ME, my dear...? After all...''

She slightly moved away from Storm, and towards her. ''... you should remember... I have your PRECIOUS SON...''

She bared her fangs; Storm growled louder and slowly stepped closer to Kami. He knew Nemesis would attack... but whom? Kami... or himself...?

Her eyes shot from one to the other as the growling grew stronger; she seemed about to attack...

- ''KAMI... STORM!'' Ace's voice sounded from the pitt, frightful, desperate...

Suddenly, a loud, deep bark from the side distracted Nemesis, right before she'd attack; she snarled in the direction of the sound; someone ELSE was there...

Runkle grinned. Good...

-

Mike narrowed his eyes. The dog had taken him here... showing him these wolves. The brown male he had met earlier was there, too... But he didn't understand. Why where they picking a fight with the other brown male and the big black and tannish female?

He suddenly noticed the new brown male, one with many scars on his body, was approaching the female dog from the rear. The dog didn't seem to notice him, being downwind....

-

And indeed; Ratchet licked his lips as he slowly, carefully prepared his attack, sneaking up on them... his eyes on Kami..

-

Mike slowly reached for his rifle; he raised it, loaded it...

''Ca-Click''

-

It was a soft sound; yet, it froze the wolves, including the brown spotted male; all suddenly looked in his direction, and Mike realised how dangerous this was. If they attacked...
Rio suddenly whinnied loudly, feeling threatened, and Runkle growled deeply as he too took position in front of Mike, ready to attack if need be....

Nemesis stared; she couldn't SEE the human... but she knew the sound of a rifle. Men was there... and even though she didn't FEAR humans, she respected their guns.
She knew a human could easily end her life... right here and now.

Storm grinned widely as he realised the tables where now turned.
''Run along... Nemesis.''

Nemesis growled softly as her eyes flashed towards him. Then, she slowly backed down as she kept staring in the direction of the sound, knowing a rifle was pointed at them.

Ratchet whimpered; he hurried to her side, then sharply turned to make a run for it. Nemesis didn't turn, and didn't run; facing the danger, she slowly walked backward, further and further...

She didn't understand. Why didn't the others run...?? It was a HUMAN! And how on earth....

Her eyes shot towards Kami.

*Of course... THE HYBRID...* She suddenly realised. *DAMNIT... she found a human...!! Spoke to him... like a dog. She has lured him here... to save her friends...*

But it was too late to turn back. Attacking the human could result in death.... and no prisoner was worth that much. If her theory was indeed correct, men would be at THEIR side.
No... there was nothing left to save.

She gritted her teeth; this meant she would have to let her prey go... let Ace go. Accept that he'd be freed by a damned human.... accept that the weird pridepack would be almost complete once more...

- ''You'll pay for this, Kami...'' She growled, her yellow eyes suddenly staring at her. ''YOUR SON WILL PAY FOR THIS...''

Then, she finally turned and ran after Ratchet.

===

Runkle suddenly appeared; his head popped out of some bushes, then he finally appeared as a whole, panting, tail wagging.

He was quickly followed by both Butch, Rio ánd Mike, who seemed rather tense and still held his rifle.

Storm turned his head to Kami and wagged his tail, thankfulness shining from his eyes. He then looked at the human and put on a face that was nothing less then a 'dog face'; ears up, tongue hanging out of his mouth and a wagging tail to expressed all his good means.

''Alright... good wolfie...'' The ranger muttered insecure, looking at Storm. He looked down at Kami. ''I don't understand, girl... why did you take me to...''

He suddenly saw it; the pit. An old poachers trap. Could it be...??

He slowly dismounted Rio, careful not to startle Storm and constantly alert, afraid more wolves would appear, as he walked towards it step by step.... Storm humbly backed down, showing his good intentions once more... and as the ranger looked down, and saw the trapped wolf, he suddenly realised why the dogs had brought him here.....

Ace snarled; the scent of human above his head called in the inner instinct of fear for them. He saw the man looking down upon him; so CLOSE... his ears flatted, snarling loudly and with the white of his eyes showing, he trashed around in his prison, only making himself more dirty.

He looked dreadful. Matted, soiled fur. He had lost some weight, but worse of all... he was dehydrated. He needed to get water... fast. He stunk up to high heaven, the smell from the pitt worse enough to make even Mike's nose wrinkle in disgust.

''Seems your friend ran into a trap, huh..?'' Mike mumbled, not surprised at all by the trapped wolf's hostile behaviour. He then looked over his shoulder at Kami. ''So thát's why you took me here... Hmm... he's an exceptionally big fellow... let's see...''

He got back up, walked back to Rio and began to look in his saddlebags. And it wasn't long until he grabbed both a rope and a large piece of cloth.

- ''This should do it...''

==

But Ace didn't calm down. Even in his emiciated state, he wasn't willing to be near men...
Let alone be HANDLED by one.

And as Mike returned to the pitt, glancing down upon him once more, Ace snarled furiously, but more out of fear then out of agression.

- ''Come on now, big guy... I won't hurt you...'' Mike gulped. The wolf was, understandably, utterly confused and scared. It was dangerous to help him... But he couldn't let him die down there either. It was a wolf, an endangered species, and he hadn't became a ranger for nothing.
He hád to help... but if he was honest, he was rather afraid of the immense male.

Ace snarled; his teeth clattered.

- ''Ace... calm down. It's okay.''
Storm's voice made his snarl die away; the head of his friend suddenly popped up above him, as he layed down besides Mike, who was a bit startled and shove away as he hadn't even seen the wolf coming.

Ace gave up; he was exhausted, famished, parced...
Slowly, he sunk down and lay on the cold, damp soil. He then automatically fell to his side; he panted heavily. He was in a more worse state then he knew.
He would wait... trust in his friends. It was all he could do, for now....

Seconds later, his ears turned towards a sound as a rope was lowered to him. No.. two ropes. And something strange in the middle...

Mike carefully manouvered the improvised hammock down. He had just tied the other side of the ropes to Rio's saddle; he would be able to pull the wolf out. But now, he had to get the wolf in the hammock, which could take hours....
If only he could make the wolf UNDERSTAND...
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 25-10-2011 17:37

guess who :3c ]]]
She slowly got up, a little suspicious, expecting him to growl as she came closer. But to her surprise, he did not, and she flopped down besides him, hesitantly taking the meat that was offered... before nibbling on it, her eyes on him, completely stunned.

- ''You're... not like other lions I've met...'' She mumbled, with a bit of a smile.
For a moment, there was a pause in time as Mwimbaji had watched Sheerah walk over to him, cautious. He wasn't certain the reason. Naturally, from birth until his age he had always been someone who shared, who believed that everyone deserved a share. At least, that is what he had been taught from his previous Master. No one deserved to go without being fed. His tail curled a smile formed his face as she indeed, flopped down beside him then. Though uncertain of her nervous eyes, his smile broadened and his tail curled as his head tilted. Ears perked however from what she had said. //not like the others//

For a moment, fear was sent through the poor thing. He knew he was different, all along from leaving the circus he realized just how strange he was. Lovable, unable to harm a fly. A circus freak. He hoped she did not see him that way. Had she caught on? Did he already do things that normal lions of their age would not do? Normal lions..

"Th-that's not a bad thing I'd think is it?" he chuckled, trying to act so casually about it. But there was a certain tone from his voice that proved to say he was suddenly quite uncomfortable with what was suppose to be a compliment.

----
- ''Oh, we're NOT going to fight...'' Butch growled, but Runkle glared at him. He then spoke up himself.
- ''It's okay, Kami. I don't know who ''Nemesis'' is, but I'm sure we'll see what happens when we get there... Butch, please stay with Mike... okay?'' He asked, glancing at his friend. ''I know you won't fight, but I'm sure you'll protect him and Rio... right?''

He knew he had hit a sensetive spot; the lab growled.

- ''Yes... I'll stay with him... but you'd be an IDIOT to fight for wolves, Runkle...''
- ''Leave thát decision to me...'' The large dog grinned.
Kami let out a sigh of relief. For a very long time she had felt like her breathing had ceased, so put on edge. She was thankful that these dogs were going to help. This was a one shot, it had to be done. Now or never, correct? She went over to both of them, giving Runkle and Butch a soft nuzzle before retreating, tail obviously curling.

"Thank you both. You've no idea what a huge difference you are making ,for the greater good." she said. And so, afterward, charging forth, they were on their way. One step closer to bringing this nightmare to a close.

---
There was a moment of surprise; Nemesis's head snapped in Kami's direction while Storm, surprised as well, looked at her.

- ''KAMI...'' Nemesis let out a deep growling, but her maw twisted into a sadistic grin. ''Are you SURE you want to fight ME, my dear...? After all...''

She slightly moved away from Storm, and towards her. ''... you should remember... I have your PRECIOUS SON...''

She bared her fangs; Storm growled louder and slowly stepped closer to Kami. He knew Nemesis would attack... but whom? Kami... or himself...?

Her eyes shot from one to the other as the growling grew stronger; she seemed about to attack...

- ''KAMI... STORM!'' Ace's voice sounded from the pitt, frightful, desperate...
Kami felt the hairs on her neck stand, she couldn't stand the sight of nemesis. Especially now, so close... she could just instantly jump and try to hold her down, bite her and dig her fangs deep into the wench's neck nad let the blood run from her final breath. Her eyes narrowed, she felt the blood begin to rush.

"Don't you dare bring my SON into this." she snarled fiercely. Her ears moved when she heard Ace's voice from a distance. Damnit, he needed to escape. And they were here.

"Don't worry Ace." she spoke loudly, voice never breaking. "You're coming home."

Unknown to Ratchet's attack, it had ceased when the sound that all of them would hear came to be. The clicking of man's weapon. Kami tried not to smirk, but a little bit of her couldn't help it from being seen from the corner of her maw.

Storm grinned widely as he realised the tables where now turned.
''Run along... Nemesis.''

- ''You'll pay for this, Kami...'' She growled, her yellow eyes suddenly staring at her. ''YOUR SON WILL PAY FOR THIS...''

Then, she finally turned and ran after Ratchet.

The smirk instantly let her, and she could feel like her nose became instantly dry. Almost as if her legs would give out if she wasn't a runner back in the day from holding herself up. She tried not to be affected by Nemesis' words, standing there still. But how could she /not/? This was her son ... Takumi.. He would pay for her actions..?

"I swear Nemesis, if you DARE touch a hair on my son.. Your throat will be in my jaws within a matter of SECOND!" she snarled, her voice ripping through the air.

And so, the wolves left. And with that, Ace was able to finally be rescued... She took a deep breath, trying not to let the uneasiness become over ruled by the victory of finally bringing Ace home. But everything just became so unsettling to her. Now that Takumi could possibly be hurt because of her. His mother.

===
Runkle suddenly appeared; his head popped out of some bushes, then he finally appeared as a whole, panting, tail wagging.

He was quickly followed by both Butch, Rio ánd Mike, who seemed rather tense and still held his rifle.

Storm turned his head to Kami and wagged his tail, thankfulness shining from his eyes. He then looked at the human and put on a face that was nothing less then a 'dog face'; ears up, tongue hanging out of his mouth and a wagging tail to expressed all his good means.

''Alright... good wolfie...'' The ranger muttered insecure, looking at Storm. He looked down at Kami. ''I don't understand, girl... why did you take me to...''

He suddenly saw it; the pit. An old poachers trap. Could it be...??

He slowly dismounted Rio, careful not to startle Storm and constantly alert, afraid more wolves would appear, as he walked towards it step by step.... Storm humbly backed down, showing his good intentions once more... and as the ranger looked down, and saw the trapped wolf, he suddenly realised why the dogs had brought him here.....

Ace snarled; the scent of human above his head called in the inner instinct of fear for them. He saw the man looking down upon him; so CLOSE... his ears flatted, snarling loudly and with the white of his eyes showing, he trashed around in his prison, only making himself more dirty.

He looked dreadful. Matted, soiled fur. He had lost some weight, but worse of all... he was dehydrated. He needed to get water... fast. He stunk up to high heaven, the smell from the pitt worse enough to make even Mike's nose wrinkle in disgust.

''Seems your friend ran into a trap, huh..?'' Mike mumbled, not surprised at all by the trapped wolf's hostile behaviour. He then looked over his shoulder at Kami. ''So thát's why you took me here... Hmm... he's an exceptionally big fellow... let's see...''

He got back up, walked back to Rio and began to look in his saddlebags. And it wasn't long until he grabbed both a rope and a large piece of cloth.

- ''This should do it...''
Kami watched, quietly. Now Mike understood. She looked to Storm and put on a small smile, trying not to show her own vulnerability now seeping through her, paranoid about her son's safety now that she realized just how much in danger he could be in, even if for a while he was doing fine in that pack...

As Ace was found, Kami's heart lept as Mike was beginning to help. But it wasn't over yet. Ace was, more or less, afraid. She wanted to tell him it was okay, Mike was on their side.

But Storm's reassurance seemed to pull through, and Kami piped in. "The sooner you're out of here Ace the sooner we can get you back to your family, they're already thrilled." her voice cracked, tears possibly in her eyes as she smiled and whined, beside Storm now and Mike at the same time. That would be a wonderful reunion indeed..
Mike carefully manouvered the improvised hammock down. He had just tied the other side of the ropes to Rio's saddle; he would be able to pull the wolf out. But now, he had to get the wolf in the hammock, which could take hours....
If only he could make the wolf UNDERSTAND...
Kami watched Mike carefully, watching what he was doing. She looked from Mike, to Storm, and then rose on her shaking paws, and she bent over the hole and poked her head. Now that she got a better look at Ace, she almost felt her stomach lurch, her pulse skip a beat.

"A-Ace." she said, voice wavering a moment before she got hold of it and spoke loudly. "You'll have to step onto the rope! It'll help." she said softly. "We'll pull you up, kind of like a lift. You'll have to hold on tight, but don't worry you won't drop. Think of it as a pully system." to Mike, she'd sound like simple barks and whines, yips and uncertain grumbles.

But if all else worked out, her instructions to the tired big guy would pull through.
ImageImage

Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 15-12-2011 19:58

((Haven't forgotten; working on this one! Just a little longer please! ;)))
Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 28-12-2011 18:09

((Little update; the reason this is taking pretty much forever is... because I'm stupid and lost my file. :P I'm still looking, hopefully finding it, or I'll just continue and hope I remember. I haven't forgotten or abandoned this great RP. :D It's still one of my all time fav's so I wouldn't do that!!!))