Life in the mountains can be cruel... (Mature, SilverWolf92)

The rough mountains of the Hekaya lands, where only the strongest will survive.
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 29-06-2010 19:24

"Oh, Im sure they'll allow you!"

Her outburst made Mwimbaji's tail wag even more. She was very eager it seemed, and he was glad! He had made another friend here, thankfully. And it seemed like she didn't reject him like the others... this would be a great Pride, he knew it. "So," he paused. "Who do I ask?" he grinned.

(hehehe.. ican't wait for what i have planned for mwimbaji to do that will definately show that he's not a 'real' lion xD )

---

"YEAHHHHH!" Takeshi cheered as he yipped and danced around chasing his tail. "Let's get started, PLEEEEEEEEASE!"

---
- ''Hunting..? Us? Never.'' Runkle stated, proudly. ''No.... we keep hunters and their dogs AWAY.'' He took a step forward, his loose skin dangling as he moved. ''We're the ranger's dogs. We protect this area... warn him in case of trouble. Keep nature save.''
- ''Would you STOP telling her EVERYTHING, you mindless big LUMP?'' Butch snarled. ''She could trick us... it might be a trap, it might....''

All the while as Runkle was speaking, Kami's tail was wagging greatly. He was such a kind soul, but she did understand that Butch had a point. Like Kami, Runkle was very trusting. That trust was something he had to work on. if she were out to kill them, she could have done it when she had their guard down.

When Butch was able to smell Storm though, she had her ears perking, a little hesitant. She smiled politely at Runkle saying, "Yes. He's a friend. Don't worry, he won't harm you." she paused. "I hope you don't mind... we do have a request... And we do need help."

She gave a deep breath before saying, "We would like to ask for the assistance of your human owners. "she said. "I know this will sound bizarre, but there is a neighboring pack that isnt good.. .and they're holding captive our friend. He has a mate and children, and he's stuck in this very deep ditch. He hasn't been fed or given anything to drink in days, and I fear that if we can't save him soon, he will die..." she paused. "Please... please help us. We can't save him without you or your master's help." she pleaded with a soft whine.
ImageImage

Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 29-06-2010 19:56

((OHHH I can't wait... I like Mwimbaji so much!))
Her outburst made Mwimbaji's tail wag even more. She was very eager it seemed, and he was glad! He had made another friend here, thankfully. And it seemed like she didn't reject him like the others... this would be a great Pride, he knew it. "So," he paused. "Who do I ask?" he grinned.
Sheerah's tail curled over her back happily. ''Just follow me... Seras is the queen of this pride. I'm sure she'll be happy to see you!''

With a slight prance, something she hadn't done since her cub years, she began to lead the way.

She wasn't ready yet to tell the newcomer that she had cubs, though. Or maybe he had guessed it... since it was visible on her. But if hé didn't mention it, she wouldn't either...

... after all... male lions where known to kill unknown cubs...

---
"YEAHHHHH!" Takeshi cheered as he yipped and danced around chasing his tail. "Let's get started, PLEEEEEEEEASE!"
- ''Not now.'' Ratchet was leading the small group straight at the pit. ''We have a job to do.''
Cloud rolled his eyes and grinned at Takeshi. ''Don't be such a grump, Ratchet... he and I can start when we get there. What's the harm?''
- ''Agreed.'' Jazz added. ''Don't worry, Ratch, you and I can easily handle a few intruders. Cloud can do some training with Takeshi and come help us if something happens.''
- ''Hmmpff....'' Ratchet grumbled. ''Fine. But do remember that we have an important task. Guard the pit. If we loose the prisoner, Nemesis will fry us.''
- ''I don't see why she thinks he'll be 'lost'. Nobody can get him out of that pit anyway.'' Jazz answered, shrugging.
Ratchet growled to himself. He only hoped Jazz was right... because his gutfeeling told him something was about to happen.

Ace, meanwhile, was worried.
He feared that Storm would return... or that the cats would insist to come and rescue him. Or worse... that Nakisha would come...

He whimpered to himself. Damn it... he almost wished he wasn't found!

He suddenly perked his ears; voices... voices of the pack... they where coming to his pit!
Why? Did they expect something...??

He growled in frustration and worry. *Oh please... don't let Storm return...* He thought, looking up at the light.

---
When Butch was able to smell Storm though, she had her ears perking, a little hesitant. She smiled politely at Runkle saying, "Yes. He's a friend. Don't worry, he won't harm you." she paused. "I hope you don't mind... we do have a request... And we do need help."
Runkle let out a soft laugh. ''Oh, I don't worry about wolves, miss... Just look at me. I can stand my ground.'' He winked. He then perked his ears even further; he was curious to hear what these two needed from them. He, for one, was very willing to help....

She gave a deep breath before saying, "We would like to ask for the assistance of your human owners. "she said. "I know this will sound bizarre, but there is a neighboring pack that isnt good.. .and they're holding captive our friend. He has a mate and children, and he's stuck in this very deep ditch. He hasn't been fed or given anything to drink in days, and I fear that if we can't save him soon, he will die..." she paused. "Please... please help us. We can't save him without you or your master's help." she pleaded with a soft whine.
- ''Oh, NO WAY!'' Butch suddenly growled. ''We don't interfere with nature, miss. Packs should deal with their trouble themselves. That's nature, it's normal... it SHOULD happen.''
- ''Oh Butch, for crying out loud...'' Runkle grumbled back. ''He's in a DITCH. Mike helped creatures out of traps before... I'm sure we could try.''
- ''NO, we CAN'T!'' Butch growled back, hackles raised. ''What do you think will happen when we lead Mike into the territory of a hostile wolf pack, huh?! They'll attack him... KILL him, maybe! NO. NO, I say, and that's FINAL!''

Runkle suddenly blew up his chest and stepped towards his friend, towering over him.

- ''I can deal with wolves.'' His kind voice was suddenly much less friendly; it sounded scary even. ''I will protect my master with my life. You know that. And YOU would, too. This wolf is TRAPPED. I don't care wether it's by humans or wolves. Plus, he has PUPS.''
- ''Oh, good Lord... all you EVER care about, are babies.'' Butch groaned. But he didn't seem as determined about his decision as before; Runkle clearly díd have a say in it.

Storm took a step forward. - ''We will help, too. I'll fight for you... I'll fight to the death if need be. The wolf trapped is my best friend.... and he doesn't deserve to die. His mate and pups nééd him.'' He tried, looking at Runkle for aid.

Runkle gave a nod; Butch shook his head voilently.
- ''I'm STILL in charge, Runkle....'' He growled.

But Runkle just turned. -''Come on, you two.'' He instructed Kami and Storm. ''Follow me... we'll fetch the master. I'm sure he'll help.''

- ''HEY!'' Butch hurried after him. ''Didn't you hear me?!! I said NO! It's NATURE, Runkle...!''
- ''Oh, I heard you.'' Runkle replied, trotting on. ''I'm just not listening, this time.''
~When darkness comes, you know I'm never far~
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 03-07-2010 08:53

Sheerah's tail curled over her back happily. ''Just follow me... Seras is the queen of this pride. I'm sure she'll be happy to see you!''

Mwimbaji's ears perked and he wagged his tail gently, swaying it side to side. "Wonderful! I'm glad to know. It puts me at ease." he said rather perkily before following. He seemed to be jogging, heck, maybe even bouncing for all she knew. He was quite bubbly now that he had a female lion companion.

As the two were making their way to Seras, she was, at the moment, with her cubs; in particular cleaning Aslan. Noticing a male lion coming, Aslan began to mumble and try to squirm away. He didn't want to look like he was a mama's boy in front of a new comer; especially one that was male! Seras in turn, laughing let him scuttle away before getting on her paws. The three sisters in turn began play pouncing their brother; little cub roars and squirms were made in the background as the Queen approached them.

"What can I do for you two?" she asked sweetly. Mwimbaji glanced from Sheerah to Seras. Was Sheerah going to say something? Or did Mwimbaji have to?

"Ah, ma'am, I'd like to ask if I may stay in your pride." he said, his voice sounding cracked and at the point where he reached 'to ask' he seemed to have squeaked; something most lions didn't do unless they were going through puberty. Chuckling, Seras in turn looked from Sheerah to Mwimbaji.

"Well, I don't see why you can't stay. What's your name lion? I know you came with Ace's friend." she said.

"It's Mwimbaji ma'am." he said with a cheesy smile and a tail curl. Seras chuckled.

"Mwimbaji. You are welcome to stay as long as you please." she said. "I'm sure that Sheerah would be happy to show you around as well, am I right?" she asked as she tilted her head gently then.

---

Takeshi had felt so lucky. Cloud had said yes! Even when Ratchet had said later on. He was glad that these guys knew him well. They were definately like his family, and he enjoyed staying here. Boy, if he could rebel like this forever, he'd be sure to live out his days with the rest of these guys. He hadn't a clue why most disliked them. In his eyes, they were heroes!

---

But Runkle just turned. -''Come on, you two.'' He instructed Kami and Storm. ''Follow me... we'll fetch the master. I'm sure he'll help.''

- ''HEY!'' Butch hurried after him. ''Didn't you hear me?!! I said NO! It's NATURE, Runkle...!''
- ''Oh, I heard you.'' Runkle replied, trotting on. ''I'm just not listening, this time.''

Kami, through it all, had her ears perked forward and back. It seemed that for now, it was a yes; even to Butch's dismay. When the three of them were going back to their human owner, Kami said, "Thank you. "she then paused.

"I guess, I should come clean though. I don't have a master any longer.. I used to. I'm a wolfdog. Half husky, half wolf." she commented. "Sorry for lying to you earlier." she apologized. Afterward she had even added, "And, we will do all we can to help out. I asure you, we won't let anything happen to your master."
ImageImage

Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 06-07-2010 17:12

Mwimbaji's ears perked and he wagged his tail gently, swaying it side to side. "Wonderful! I'm glad to know. It puts me at ease." he said rather perkily before following. He seemed to be jogging, heck, maybe even bouncing for all she knew. He was quite bubbly now that he had a female lion companion.

As the two were making their way to Seras, she was, at the moment, with her cubs; in particular cleaning Aslan. Noticing a male lion coming, Aslan began to mumble and try to squirm away. He didn't want to look like he was a mama's boy in front of a new comer; especially one that was male! Seras in turn, laughing let him scuttle away before getting on her paws. The three sisters in turn began play pouncing their brother; little cub roars and squirms were made in the background as the Queen approached them.

"What can I do for you two?" she asked sweetly. Mwimbaji glanced from Sheerah to Seras. Was Sheerah going to say something? Or did Mwimbaji have to?

"Ah, ma'am, I'd like to ask if I may stay in your pride." he said, his voice sounding cracked and at the point where he reached 'to ask' he seemed to have squeaked; something most lions didn't do unless they were going through puberty. Chuckling, Seras in turn looked from Sheerah to Mwimbaji.

"Well, I don't see why you can't stay. What's your name lion? I know you came with Ace's friend." she said.

"It's Mwimbaji ma'am." he said with a cheesy smile and a tail curl. Seras chuckled.

"Mwimbaji. You are welcome to stay as long as you please." she said. "I'm sure that Sheerah would be happy to show you around as well, am I right?" she asked as she tilted her head gently then.
Sheerah perked her ears and smiled, her eyes turning towards Mwimbaji. ''Why, sure!'' She said, happily. ''I'd be honoured.''

She suddenly turned one ear backwards. Oh... wait... her cubs!
Well, they whére asleep... so... she could show him around, right? No harm in that...

Plus, he hadn't reacted strange to Seras's cubs either.

She gave a short bow to Seras, and then turned. ''Well, let's go then... there's a LOT to see!''

---
Kami, through it all, had her ears perked forward and back. It seemed that for now, it was a yes; even to Butch's dismay. When the three of them were going back to their human owner, Kami said, "Thank you. "she then paused.

"I guess, I should come clean though. I don't have a master any longer.. I used to. I'm a wolfdog. Half husky, half wolf." she commented. "Sorry for lying to you earlier." she apologized. Afterward she had even added, "And, we will do all we can to help out. I asure you, we won't let anything happen to your master."
Butch's hackles raised again as Kami spoke. ''Oh, GREAT!'' He growled. ''She LIED, Runkle. Hear that? And you want to HELP her??''

Storm gulped, but Runkle kept on going, leading them closer and closer to the cabin, without even looking back at Butch. ''Oh, I heard it.'' He shook his head and turned his eyes at Kami. ''It's alright. I think you're honest... I think you truly need help.''

- ''YOU think she's HONEST??'' Butch suddenly stopped, but to his surprise, nobody else did. He had to rush after them. ''You thought she was honest just before!! And she was not. And now you believe her AGAIN?''

- ''Sure do.'' Runkle answered, as he kept on going.

- ''Oh, FOR!'' Butch suddenly took a sprint and stopped right in front of Runkle. ''YOU LISTEN TO ME; THERE'S SOMETHING WEIRD ABOUT HER!! I DON'T TRUST HER!''

Runkle stopped, but reluctantly. ''Come on, Butch. I don't want to fight over this. I'll take responsibility.''
- ''YOU CAN'T TAKE RESPONSIBILITY, YOU STUPID PUP!! IF MIKE GETS HURT...'' Butch exploded. His eyes where shooting fire, but it was clear to see his anger was just coming from the love of his master, and the wish to protect him.
- ''Mike won't get hurt.'' Runkle interrupted. ''He....''

- ''RUNKLE!! BUTCH!! HERE BOYS!!!''

Storm gasped and jumped into a bush at the sound of a human's voice.

Runkle's tail raised and he grinned at Butch.
- ''Too late, Butch.'' He then barked a very deep and loud bark.

- ''Runkle? Where are you, boy?''

Footsteps quickly came closer....
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 11-07-2010 09:44

"Well, let's go then... there's a LOT to see!"

"GREAT!" Mwimbaji said as he suddenly went down into a playful position, his butt in the air and his tail flickering from side to side, ancy as his paws cradled the ground, his claws sinking into the soft dirt beneath them before he rolled over and instantly stood back up. "Where do we start?" he asked, already excited.

(( heehee whati 'm planning for mwimbaji will happen a day or two after ace's rescue C: i think you'll find it humorous :D ))

---

Kami's ears had folded as Butch was rather furious. She looked to him saying, "I'm sorry for lying, I know I shouldn't have. I just haven't been with dogs like myself in such a long time I.. I didn't know what would happen and I didn't want to make a bad impression of myself to you. IT was crucial we could find aid. Please understand." she tried to reason with him. She was glad that Runkle though had trusted her still.

Half of her wondered how her own children were fairing... She hoped that they were doing all right. When there was a human voice, Storm had bolted off. Kami wanted to tell him to stay. If he proved that he wasn't a threat it would get the human more comfortable with him, but considering Storm was a wild wolf, Kami didn't have any reason to stop him really. When the footsteps came closer, she looked up to Runkle and smiled before she lay down, whimpering a moment, ears moving back and forth as her tail thumped against the ground. When the human would come, she'd lie down and roll onto her stomach in an attempt to show that she was friendly, and meant no harm.

whoever this human was... it was crucial to play the parts right. To play everything right. The objective? Reach the place where Ace was and rescue him. The outcome? Everyone returning alive.
ImageImage

Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 14-07-2010 21:07

"GREAT!" Mwimbaji said as he suddenly went down into a playful position, his butt in the air and his tail flickering from side to side, ancy as his paws cradled the ground, his claws sinking into the soft dirt beneath them before he rolled over and instantly stood back up. "Where do we start?" he asked, already excited.
Sheerah watched him with great surprise.
Never before had she seen a male lion act this playful... well, not adults one, anyway. But it made her smile... and she liked to be a little playful herself once in a while, too.

She snickered, and curled her tail over her back. ''Come on... I'll show you our healers den first. Then, I'll show you where we keep the meat, and introduce you to the wolves living here... and lots more!''

---
Kami's ears had folded as Butch was rather furious. She looked to him saying, "I'm sorry for lying, I know I shouldn't have. I just haven't been with dogs like myself in such a long time I.. I didn't know what would happen and I didn't want to make a bad impression of myself to you. IT was crucial we could find aid. Please understand." she tried to reason with him. She was glad that Runkle though had trusted her still.
Butch only let out a grumble, but there was little he could do now; Mike was coming... and it was too late to tell her off...

But hé didn't trust her. If only he could tell Mike that...
When the footsteps came closer, she looked up to Runkle and smiled before she lay down, whimpering a moment, ears moving back and forth as her tail thumped against the ground. When the human would come, she'd lie down and roll onto her stomach in an attempt to show that she was friendly, and meant no harm.

whoever this human was... it was crucial to play the parts right. To play everything right. The objective? Reach the place where Ace was and rescue him. The outcome? Everyone returning alive.
Mike suddenly appeared; he led his horse towards the dogs.

- ''Ah... thére you are.. both of you.'' He suddenly stopped, and smiled. ''Hey... what's this...?''

He kneeled down and tapped his leg, smiling as he saw how the newcomer rolled down. - ''Well, hello there, girl! What are you doing here all alone... where's your owner? Such a pretty girl like you múst have an owner...''

Butch growled; his fur bristled. Mike frowned.
- ''What that... are we JEALOUS, old boy?'' He grinned. ''Come on, be nice... she's a LADY!''

Butch whimpered. Mike didn't understand... of COURSE. He almost always understood Runkle, but he hardly ever understood him... Urgh!!!

Runkle wagged his tail and let out a deep bark. Then, he stared at the bushes, pointing for his master.

Storm wished he could tell Runkle NOT to do that. Sooner or later, the human would find him that way... and even though he hád to show himself, he didn't dare to just walk out of the bushes. He wás a wolf, after all... not even his spots would help mistake him for a dog.

- ''Did you find something, Runkle?'' Mike asked, as he still had his attention on Kami mostly. ''What's there, boy?''
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 15-07-2010 19:24

She snickered, and curled her tail over her back. ''Come on... I'll show you our healers den first. Then, I'll show you where we keep the meat, and introduce you to the wolves living here... and lots more!''

Mwimbaji could feel that his tail was beginning to curl, even wag a moment. Oh, the healer's den. He'd been there he knew it, but he didn't know the rest. Outstanding, absolutely extraudinaire. "Well, I've already seen the healer's den and met the nice lady... Perhaps the meat storage and meeting new members will be best?" he grinned rather eagerly. Meat... speaking of meat, he was rather hungry...

---
- ''Ah... thére you are.. both of you.'' He suddenly stopped, and smiled. ''Hey... what's this...?''

He kneeled down and tapped his leg, smiling as he saw how the newcomer rolled down. - ''Well, hello there, girl! What are you doing here all alone... where's your owner? Such a pretty girl like you múst have an owner...''

Butch growled; his fur bristled. Mike frowned.
- ''What that... are we JEALOUS, old boy?'' He grinned. ''Come on, be nice... she's a LADY!''
The greeting from Mike was all that it took for Kami to remember her own master once. He was kind, gentle, heck, the whole family was. Boy, did she miss them... She panted and her tail wagged as she let out a friendly bark. As he kneeled down, she got up and began to lick his face yipping again before backing off so she wouldn't come off as pushy. Her tail wagged and she yipped again going on her hind legs to dance before backing down once more.
Runkle wagged his tail and let out a deep bark. Then, he stared at the bushes, pointing for his master.

Storm wished he could tell Runkle NOT to do that. Sooner or later, the human would find him that way... and even though he hád to show himself, he didn't dare to just walk out of the bushes. He wás a wolf, after all... not even his spots would help mistake him for a dog.

- ''Did you find something, Runkle?'' Mike asked, as he still had his attention on Kami mostly. ''What's there, boy?''

When Runkle had motioned to where Storm was hiding, she gulped. It wasn't suppose to be a good sign to show someone a wolf right away; but Runkle seemed to know his master well. In turn, Kami let out a soft whine, and stared into Mike's eyes with hopeful trust before she yipped, and even tugged teasingly at his sleeve before moving away from him and to the bush. She poked her head in and said softly, "Don't look aggressive. If anything, come out on your belly and give out a nice whine and roll on your back like I did." she said. "Don't think of it as... a pride thing. Think of it as, trying to make peace with a human." she whispered before moving out and yapping with Runkle again, tilting her head innocently with her ear flicking once or twice.
ImageImage

SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 23-07-2010 06:08

bump? :O :) )))
ImageImage

Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 23-07-2010 17:20

Mwimbaji could feel that his tail was beginning to curl, even wag a moment. Oh, the healer's den. He'd been there he knew it, but he didn't know the rest. Outstanding, absolutely extraudinaire. "Well, I've already seen the healer's den and met the nice lady... Perhaps the meat storage and meeting new members will be best?" he grinned rather eagerly. Meat... speaking of meat, he was rather hungry...
Sheerah grinned. ''This way!'' She happily exclaimed, as she darted off with a playful little jump.
She then trotted right to the storage, and without looking back, just asked; ''You hungry?''

---
The greeting from Mike was all that it took for Kami to remember her own master once. He was kind, gentle, heck, the whole family was. Boy, did she miss them... She panted and her tail wagged as she let out a friendly bark. As he kneeled down, she got up and began to lick his face yipping again before backing off so she wouldn't come off as pushy. Her tail wagged and she yipped again going on her hind legs to dance before backing down once more.
Mike's eyes sparkled; he laughed and patted his knees. He was clearly a friendly man, who enjoyed the playfullness of what he believed to be a dog in front of him.

But he then got up again, and took a step forward, staring at the bushes where Runkle was pointing at.
His hand moved backwards a little... towards his rifle. He didn't touch it yet, but he was ready to grab it, if need be....

Runkle, however, wagged slowly and panted; he tried to get his master to relax, to show him nothing was wrong. But Mike was just cautious... and he knew it. It was the most sensible thing, too. The wild was not a park... and scared animals could attack. Plus, many animals now had young to defend....

Butch sat down, grumbling to himself, and stared daggers at Kami.
He clearly wasn't happy with the situation....
When Runkle had motioned to where Storm was hiding, she gulped. It wasn't suppose to be a good sign to show someone a wolf right away; but Runkle seemed to know his master well. In turn, Kami let out a soft whine, and stared into Mike's eyes with hopeful trust before she yipped, and even tugged teasingly at his sleeve before moving away from him and to the bush.
At the sound of Kami's whine, Mike turned his head at her. His hand moved away from the rifle again, but just a little.
He hesitated.

- ''What is it, girl?'' He didn't try to push her away as she tugged at his sleeve. He watched her stick her head in the bushes, and frowned. ''What's wrong... do you got pups in there, or something...?''
She poked her head in and said softly, "Don't look aggressive. If anything, come out on your belly and give out a nice whine and roll on your back like I did." she said. "Don't think of it as... a pride thing. Think of it as, trying to make peace with a human." she whispered before moving out and yapping with Runkle again, tilting her head innocently with her ear flicking once or twice.
Storm, meanwhile, had seen it all. He had seen the man, the rifle, the way he had greeted Kami.
He wasn't sure if it was save to come out... But as Kami's head appeared, he knew there was no use in hiding, anyway.
- ''I wouldn't dare to care about pride right now...'' he mumbled, as he stared at the rifle. ''Well, if you say so....''

Runkle still wagged his tail happily; Mike looked from him to Kami.

- ''I don't get it, guys... what's the ma....?''

He suddenly fell silent; a nose appeared between the leaves. A canine nose... another dog?
It was not a puppy nose... too big.
Then, he saw eyes blinking between the leaves.

He smiled, naturally assuming that this too was a dog. A friend of the female, perhaps...

- ''Hey there...'' Mike slowly crouched down, his hand close to the rifle, just in case.
As Storm saw the hand move back to the rifle, he took a step backwards. The nose dissapeared back into the bushes.

- ''Come on...'' Mike gently mumbled. ''Come on, it's okay...Come on out, doggy... Are you lost, hmm?''

Storm hesitated; again, his nose poked out.

He knew little about humans; all he knew, was that they where dangerous and bad news. All his experiences with them, where terrible. Hunters... traps... hunting dogs...

But he hád to do this... for Ace.

The thought of his best friend gave him courage.
He took a deep breath, and finally poked his head out further.

Mike gasped; he recognized the head right for what it was.
This was NO dog!

He froze; his hand kept still; he just waited. He didn't stare at the wolf, knowing it would just provoke it. Staring was a threat....
But his heat pounded in his chest; he wondered what was about to happen....
What was a WILD wolf doing so close...??!

Suddenly, he felt a wet nose against his hand, nearly giving him a heartattack.
He didn't move, but looked from the corner of his eyes. It was Runkle, gently nudging him, and licking his hand.

Mike didn't understand. Why had the dogs shown him the wolf...? Had they tried to warn him... was that it..?

Storm saw that the human did not move. He took a small step, his chest and front leg appearing. Then, another...

He slowly sunk through his legs, and began to crawl.

Mike's eyes widend slightly in surprise, as he still tried not to look directly at the wolf.
This wás a wolf... no doubt. Pretty special markings, yes... but a wolf. From the looks of it, a male. But Mike had never seen a wolf crouch down before a human before. They usually ran at the sight, smell or sound of humans.... or, if they where left no choice, they would attack.

But Storm slowly crouched closer, and the closer he came, the more he tilted towards the side, almost rolling over to present his belly.

He began to imitate the sounds he had heard Kami make. A soft whining, his tongue now licking his nose a few times.

Mike could hardly believe it.
He slowly stretched out his free hand, the other still hanging perfectly still near the rifle. The wolf didn't back away... but his ears where flattend to his head. This guy was scared...

But what where they all trying to tell him...??

- ''It's okay...'' Mike almost whispered. ''It's okay, buddy... come here... I won't hurt you...''

Finally, he touched the wolf's fur lightly, just near his neck. Storm shivered, but didn't back away. Instead, he finally rolled over to his belly, and kept whining and licking his nose.

- ''Amazing...'' Mike whispered. He relaxed slightly, and came a little closer, gently, slowly, and patted the wolf's chest. ''It's okay... good boy.'' He said, softly. ''What's the matter, huh...? What do you want..?''

He then backed away a little. Storm rolled back to his belly, but Mike saw it was just to get away quickly, if need be.
The two coloured eyes reminded him of a husky... and they seemed to beg him for something.

Storm crouched forward again; his tongue brushed lightly over Mike's hand, just for a moment. Then, he too backed away a little.

Mike didn't move, and didn't pet him again. This was a wolf, a wild animal. Not a dog to pet.
He then looked at Runkle and Kami again, and the grumbling Butch.
Runkle still wagged happily... what where they trying to tell him...?
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 15-10-2010 15:33

GUESS WHAT THIS IS 8D ]]

"This way! You hungry?"

Wow! It was like she could read his mind! His tail curled happily and as he watched her dart off in a playful jump. He liked the playfulness as he seemed to dart forward right after, trotting with a teasing strut as he went along. The smell of the meat wafted through his nostrils, and he felt like his stomach was about to let out a tremendous, roaring growl.

"I'm starving!" he responded. "What do we have as a selection?" he asked, curious. Of course, he did like his meat... but, since this was the wild now... he definately would't get it medium rare....

---

Kami had, through all of this, held her breath. She had ignored the silent glaring from Butch because in her mind, they didn't matter. Soon he'd understand why she and Storm were doing this. Soon he'd realize they needed him and the human, Mike all too well. This plan had only worked because of Kami's experience with humans, and gosh darnit, she would do it again if she had to.

Her breathing hitched, she watched as Storm had first hesitated to come out. And of course, it was for good reason. When she too noticed he had his hand on the rifle, she did not whine nor show much emotion, but her ears moved on and off, perking as she was expecting something /big/ to happen.

And indeed, something big /DID/ happen. Storm had done just what Kami had told him to do. And it seemed to have worked. With that, she let out a relieved breath before her tail began to wag once more.

They had just made peace with the human. But now, here came the hard part. How to tell him about Ace... She looked to Storm before to Runkle and Butch. In her own speech it sounded like small woofs and mumbles.

"we have to find a way to be able to let your human know we need his help..." she said softly to Runkle. "Maybe.. if you can assist us ..." Kami went over to Mike again giving him a soft nose nudge, trotting off in the direction of where the distant pack was... and where Ace was. She looked to them all before tail flicking, ears perking. "We have to play this safe." she said. "If we can at least show your master where Ace is located... maybe he can get some more assistance." she told them before she whined softly in Mike's direction, walking once more, her nervousness and impatience beginning to form.
ImageImage