Life in the mountains can be cruel... (Mature, SilverWolf92)

The rough mountains of the Hekaya lands, where only the strongest will survive.
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 11-06-2010 19:32

'I don't know how long he's been there, but
he's not looking good.'' He said, softly. ''He's tough, but those wolves don't
really care if he lives or dies. I was pretty shocked to see him in the state he
was in.''
Kami shook her head. "Of course they wouldn't care.." she seethed. "They only care for themselves. They're ruthless and they don't deserve anything else." she growled. "It's ashame that they are like this. . ." she paused. It must have been really bad... Considering it'd been a while now... Oh Ace. Poor Nakisha. So much was circling in her brain now, everything was coming clean.
''Well, I'm sure there must be a human SOMEWHERE in
this area... we might do well to start our search for one as quickly as
possible... miss...?'' He smiled at Kami, before lowered his head slightly
towards Seras, in respect. He hoped she would agree... as it seemed she was an
important figure here.
Kami nodded with a smile. "The name's Kamikaze, but mostly I just go by Kami." she grinned with a dip of her head then as her tail made a short, curl wag of an introduction before looking to Seras as well. Seras in turn nodded with a smile. "The search is fine. Unfortunately, I do not think that our clan will be of much help. We are animals that are hunted every day, so if we were to find someone, we risk our own lives." she said softly. Just then though, Esperado came forth. "I'll assist you with the search." he said. "Even if it might just be us three, we can make much more ground splitting up." he suggested.

Kami smiled. "It's okay Esperado. I can smell a human miles away. We just keep searching, and I'm sure we'll find a scent." she said. "I think it would be best if-"

''If
you're all going, I want to go too.'' She suddenly said. ''I want to help.''

Kami's ears perked and she looked at Nakisha, eyes widened. Nakisha? Go with them? Her ears hesitated and she glanced at Storm. She wasn't vouching for Nakisha to join this time. Sure, if it were something else of course she would come... but now..? No, it was too dangerous, and even Storm knew so. The two spoke back and forth, the points brought up were the same that Kami believed, and once it was decided that Nakisha would stay, Kami came forth and rubbed her head against hers. "Don't worry Nakisha, we'll bring him back." she smiled. "I promise we will."

Sheerah had watched it all, silently, peeking in from
outside. <BR>So... it seemed the lion was friendly. But... weird. He did silly
tricks to cheer Hakuro up.... <BR><BR>Who wás he? Where had he came from?? He
sure was a mistery. <BR>She tilted her head slightly, as she watched on.
As Hakuro was eating, Shiba came forward and gave Mwimbaji a soft nudge and smiled. "Thank you for the encouragement." she said softly. "But if you don't mind, I need to treat him right now, so if you'd kindly wait outside?" she asked then. Mwimbaji nodded nervously then. "Oh.. oh.. oh right okay miss thank you." Mwimbaji said as he hastily made his way outside, just at the time where Sheerah had been spying on him. When he came out, he noticed her and his ears perked while his tail flickered.

"Hello." he said brightly, although it was hinted that somewhere his voice seemed to crack due to nervousness, but he still kept that rather goofy smile on his face.

----
Both wolves weren't willing to stand down,
and it showed. Gatling ripped and tore everything he could reach, while Tyrus
himself also did his very best to weaken his opponent, covering him in bleeding
bitewounds. <BR><BR>Suddenly, Gatling cried out loud as Tyrus managed to make a
mean tear in his ear. The next moment, Tyrus whimpered as Gatling's teeth
perforated his paw. <BR><BR><BR><BR>Ratchet and Cloud watched them silently. So
much would depend on the outcome of this fight... they almost felt like joining
them, to make sure Tyrus would win. Not that they really favoured him that
much... but anything was better then Gatling... <BR><BR>- ''I wonder how long
they'll keep this up...'' Cloud mumbled. <BR>- ''No telling.'' Ratchet sighed,
and rolled over on his back. ''But I have a feeling it'll be bad for us...''
Takeshi had his eyes peeled on the fight. It was like... he was drawn to all that was happening. His tail was even wagging for crying out loud, his eyes fixated on the whines, the snaps, the jaws cracking against flesh. It was all so... breathtaking. And yet, the result would be a determining factor for all of them.. who the final victor was. Who would take over leadership of the entire pack while Nemesis attended to her young. With great anticipation, Takeshi truly hoped that Tyrus would win.
ImageImage

Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 11-06-2010 23:31

Kami shook her head. "Of course they wouldn't care.." she seethed. "They only care for themselves. They're ruthless and they don't deserve anything else." she growled. "It's ashame that they are like this. . ." she paused.

Kami nodded with a smile. "The name's Kamikaze, but mostly I just go by Kami." she grinned with a dip of her head then as her tail made a short, curl wag of an introduction before looking to Seras as well. Seras in turn nodded with a smile. "The search is fine. Unfortunately, I do not think that our clan will be of much help. We are animals that are hunted every day, so if we were to find someone, we risk our own lives." she said softly. Just then though, Esperado came forth. "I'll assist you with the search." he said. "Even if it might just be us three, we can make much more ground splitting up." he suggested.

Kami smiled. "It's okay Esperado. I can smell a human miles away. We just keep searching, and I'm sure we'll find a scent." she said. "I think it would be best if-"
Storm was alert on any word Kami said. This group sure had a strong opinion when it came to those mountainwolves... and probably, vice versa. He hadn't been here long enough yet to pass judgement, though... but all he wanted, was to get his friend out of trouble. And the fact that the mountainwolves had him, spoke against them...

Storm wondered if it was a good idea to take one of the cats with them. It cóuld be... but maybe less was more, in this situation....
Still, he didn't say anything. He would let them decide.
Kami's ears perked and she looked at Nakisha, eyes widened. Nakisha? Go with them? Her ears hesitated and she glanced at Storm. She wasn't vouching for Nakisha to join this time. Sure, if it were something else of course she would come... but now..? No, it was too dangerous, and even Storm knew so. The two spoke back and forth, the points brought up were the same that Kami believed, and once it was decided that Nakisha would stay, Kami came forth and rubbed her head against hers. "Don't worry Nakisha, we'll bring him back." she smiled. "I promise we will."
Nakisha sighed, and returned her friend's headrub.
- ''I'll look after your girls... promise.'' She said, softly. ''I'll make sure they're save...''

Storm pawed the ground. ''Well... if you're ready...'' He said, softly, trying not to put pressure on Kami. But darnit, he could hardly wait...!!! He hoped the group would trust him enough to let them go. He knew they had to hurry... but he also wondered if the pack would notice them, if they went back now. They where probably alert, after what had just happend.... waiting....

But hey, if necessary... he would even FIGHT them....

As Hakuro was eating, Shiba came forward and gave Mwimbaji a soft nudge and smiled. "Thank you for the encouragement." she said softly. "But if you don't mind, I need to treat him right now, so if you'd kindly wait outside?" she asked then. Mwimbaji nodded nervously then. "Oh.. oh.. oh right okay miss thank you." Mwimbaji said as he hastily made his way outside, just at the time where Sheerah had been spying on him. When he came out, he noticed her and his ears perked while his tail flickered.

"Hello." he said brightly, although it was hinted that somewhere his voice seemed to crack due to nervousness, but he still kept that rather goofy smile on his face.
Uhoh... Shiba was sending him outside??
Sheerah couldn't get away in time; the lion came right at her...

She lifted her head a little, making herself larger. This male was about her size, and she wasn't going to show weakness, even though the signs of motherhood showed under her belly. Cubs or not, she would fight any illwilling being....

But his greeting was friendly... and his behaviour so far also seemed kind.

- ''Hi...'' She answered, a little unsure. One ear turned backward. ''I... Who áre you? Where did you come from?''

The questions where out before she could help it. But a LION, hére... it was so unexpected! After Themba's depature, she had thought she would never see another african lion again... yet, here he was.
She turned her whiskers forward as she took a step towards him, hoping he would understand she was trying to be friendly. Her tail curled over her back, both in curiousity, friendliness and nervousness.

----
Takeshi had his eyes peeled on the fight. It was like... he was drawn to all that was happening. His tail was even wagging for crying out loud, his eyes fixated on the whines, the snaps, the jaws cracking against flesh. It was all so... breathtaking. And yet, the result would be a determining factor for all of them.. who the final victor was. Who would take over leadership of the entire pack while Nemesis attended to her young. With great anticipation, Takeshi truly hoped that Tyrus would win.
Just at that moment, Jazz finally returned.
Even though he hadn't been away as long as he thought, he was stunned to see that everything had changed drastically while he was gone.

He froze and stared at Tyrus and Gatling as they fought and growled. For a second, he felt like interfering, but he quickly realised that it was no longer of any use. Tyrus had been stripped of his rank... there was no reason to back him up anymore....

Still... he didn't feel comfortable with this fight. If Gatling WON....

His eyes flashed around; WHERE was Takeshi...??
He gasped; Gatling hadn't... had he...?!!!

But he quickly spotted Takeshi, and sighed in relief. Thank goodness, he was kept save... but he should have known. Ratchet and Cloud where loyal friends....
He grinned as he watched Takeshi's little tail wag a mile a minute. Oh yes, the kid had spunk... he loved fighting....

He trotted over to the cave.
- ''Hey guys... seems I missed a lot, huh?''

Ratchet was up in a second. ''Did you cátch them this time?''
- ''No.'' Jazz sighed and lowered his head in shame. ''Nemesis should have known better then to send ME... I'm strong, not fast. I had no chance.'' He gritted his teeth. ''But I know where they are... they're with the PRIDE.''

- ''Hmmm...'' Ratchet growled. ''I don't like ANY of this. What did those two snoop around here for..?''
- ''They where spies.'' Cloud mumbled. ''That brown guy mentioned something about tracking his friend when we first caught him, right?''

Ratchet turned his head. ''You think they came for Ace?''
- ''Might be.'' Cloud's eyes flashed to Jazz. ''Either way... Nemesis will expect your report.''

Jazz groaned. He lowered his head to greet Takeshi, smiling slightly.
- ''Glad you're alright... I'm so sorry for rushing off. But if Nemesis says go... you go...''

- ''Uh-huh... and if Nemesis expects a report, you don't waste too much time bringing it to her.'' Ratchet reminded him.
~When darkness comes, you know I'm never far~
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 12-06-2010 21:47

"I'll look after your girls... promise. I'll make sure they're save..."

Kami smiled, and nodded her head. She was sure that Harmony and Junko would be fine. In all truthfullness, it was Hakuro that she actually worried for. With everything that had happened, and after Storm had come here and Hakuro's break down, Kami wondered what else her mate had been keeping from her and the pride. Of course, she didn't doubt that Hakuro didn't have true reasons. It was obvious that his intentions were clear, and that he was just trying to do his best to protect the family. however, she felt that his own mind had been poisoned by those wolves... to turn him into a sudden... well, she hated to say it, but a paranoid panic wolf. She was glad she knew now the reason for his depression, and now that she knew it was because of the wolf pack, everything became very personal. She'd show the wolves a thing or two ,and the first thing to show would be to rescue Ace.

"Well.. if you're ready..."

Storm's voice brought Kami back from reality, before she noded her head and smiled "I'm all set. Whenever you are ready, I'm ready to take off." she said. She looked from Nakisha, to the children, and then to Seras. "Seras, we're going to depart now."

Seras smiled, came over to both of tem, and gave them a soft head rub. "May our great Kings watch over you as you make your journey. We have faith in you both." she smiled. "And if you need help, all you need to do is call. We'll be close." Seras said. Nodding her head, Kami turned to Storm.

"Okay. " she said. "Let's get a move on!"

---

The fact that his greeting to this lion proved to be somewhat looked down upon, he noticed that the female seemed to shapen herself up in size. What was this a competition? Well, feeling slightly nerved as well as surprised, he backed down and grinned lightly. His ears low but his tail still curling a moment he let out a nervous chuckle.

- ''Hi...'' She answered, a little unsure. One ear turned backward. ''I... Who áre you? Where did you come from?''

Oh. Well, it seemed she was friendly. He gave a relieved breath before he straightened himself so that they were level with height. "Hi!" he said again, ears perked forward again. "I'm Mwimbaji." he introduced himself, bowing slightly with a dip of his head before he sat. "I came from the c-." he paused. "Uh... From you know. That place where lions are from." he sweatdropped.

---

When Jazz had finally come back ,Takeshi looked up to the big guy before giving a lick on his nose. "Hey!" he grinned. "It's okay. Uncle Ratchet and Cloud were here to help me." He said with a tial wag, before he was yet again entranced in the fight once more.
ImageImage

Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 12-06-2010 23:34

(Ahwww... I really feel for poor Hakuro. :()

Storm's voice brought Kami back from reality, before she noded her head and smiled "I'm all set. Whenever you are ready, I'm ready to take off." she said. She looked from Nakisha, to the children, and then to Seras. "Seras, we're going to depart now."

Seras smiled, came over to both of tem, and gave them a soft head rub. "May our great Kings watch over you as you make your journey. We have faith in you both." she smiled. "And if you need help, all you need to do is call. We'll be close." Seras said. Nodding her head, Kami turned to Storm.

"Okay. " she said. "Let's get a move on!"
Nakisha got up; her pups whimpered a little.
Storm lowered his head once more in a short bow to Seras, and then began to run. But he had hardly taken more then a few leaps, or he suddenly skipped.

He couldn't go without telling Mwimbaji....

His eyes shot towards the healing den; he then grinned widely.

Well well... seemed Mr. Lionheart had just found himself a GIRLFRIEND...?? Hmm... maybe it was best not to interrupt the two of them, then...

Snickering, he shook his head and returned to running. Mwimbaji would be fine... they would talk again once they returned.

With Kami at his side, he left.

---
He gave a relieved breath before he straightened himself so that they were level with height. "Hi!" he said again, ears perked forward again. "I'm Mwimbaji." he introduced himself, bowing slightly with a dip of his head before he sat. "I came from the c-." he paused. "Uh... From you know. That place where lions are from." he sweatdropped.
That place lions are from...??

Sheerah frowned slightly. THAT was a weird way to call your homeland...
Unless...
She then suddenly smiled, as a devious little plan popped into her head.

- ''Really, now...?'' She began to circle him, with a grin on her face. ''Nice to meet you, Mwimbaji... I'm Sheerah.'' The tuff on her tail brushed under his chin. ''So... you're ''from the place lions are from''... I see... and... where would THAT be?'' She stopped in front of him, still grinning, her whiskers almost touching his.

She realised already that there was something special going on with this guy.... and she wondered what it was. Maybe memory loss...? Something was strange, that much was clear... speaking about Africa like that. And what harm was there in teasing him a little...?

((Sheerah is a MEAN little witch. :P))
---
When Jazz had finally come back ,Takeshi looked up to the big guy before giving a lick on his nose. "Hey!" he grinned. "It's okay. Uncle Ratchet and Cloud were here to help me." He said with a tial wag, before he was yet again entranced in the fight once more.
- ''I'm glad to hear that.'' He smiled. He then turned an ear at Ratchet's comment. ''Stay with them a little while longer, okay? I'll go to Nemesis... tell her....''

But before he could finish his sentence, multiple things happend at once.

At first, there was Tyrus's scream. The next moment, there was a loud thump as he was smashed into the ground... with Gatling on top.

Both males where bleeding from several wounds. Tyrus's maw was twisted into a silent snarl, but he panted heavily; he was exhausted. Gatling, although also panting like mad, stood victorious over the former alpha, his tail straight up, smirking at his victory.

- ''It's OVER!'' He barked in Tyrus's face. ''Í will be alpha now... soon, all of you will....''

- ''Like hell we will.'' Bones voice interrupted Gatling's victory-speech... and he didn't sound happy.

Gatling gasped and turned his head; Bones and Plio where standing there. Plio stood submissive, tail low, ears flattened and quickly turning her gaze to the ground. Bones, on the other hand, looked absolutely FURIOUS.

Jazz took a step forward, and stood besides Takeshi to see. Ratchet and Cloud also hurried to come forward, ears perked.

- ''YOU LITTLE SHIT!'' Bones suddenly leaped at Gatling.
Gatling, of course, greeted him with bared teeth... but he was already tired after the long, heavy fight with Tyrus. Bones was still fresh, and filled with justified anger after hearing Gatling's words.

The fight, although quite severe, didn't last long. Gatling stood no chance; he was litterally smashed around by the far more experienced Beta; Bones made him eat dust time after time, and most of Gatling's attacks missed.

- ''YOU THINK YOU'RE SO CLEVER!!'' Bones roared, before biting into Gatling's sensitive nose, causing him to scream in pain. ''YOU THOUGHT YOU COULD RISE IN RANK, WITH NEMESIS NOT LOOKING?!! WRONG BET!'' He managed to dodge Gatling's attack on his shoulder, grabbed his neckfur and threw him away. Gatling hit the ground and rolled over, getting back to his feet for another attack. But before he could even lunge at Bones, Bones was already with him to bite down painfully into Gatling's side.

Letting out another cry of pain, Gatling did his best to bite back... but his teeth hit nothing. His body was, once more, slammed to the ground.

Panting heavily, he struggled to get back on his paws... but he too was exhausted, and couldn't get up fast enough. Bones placed both front paws on his body, forcing him to lay stil, as his head lowered and his teeth glimmered dangerously close to Gatling's troath.

- ''You either submit now... or I'll kill you. And I assure you that Nemesis won't even punish me for it.''

Gatling's teeth still showed; his dark eyes burned with hate. But he didn't attempt to get up again.... Not in his weakened state.

Bones was still his superior... and had proven it once more.
But damnit... he would get back to him on this... once he was at full strength again!!!

Tyrus slowly rolled to his side. He was too exhausted to lift himself back up for now; dissapointment shone of his face.
He was defeated... and therefor, it was clear that he stood even below GATLING now. It was an unbareable thought for the former alpha. He had just lost too much....

Jazz grinned; Ratchet and Cloud both let out a sigh of relief.

- ''Seems that's settled...'' Jazz mumbled, as his eyes shot towards Plio.
- ''Hmmmhmmm...'' Ratchet licked his lips, as his gaze also rested on her. ''We better hunt down that large buck for Nemesis fast... I wouldn't mind having myself some of THAT...''
- ''At least Gatling is put back in place... for now.'' Cloud mumbled. He forced himself not to look at her... it was best for him not to.

---

Not too far away, in the open fields, Butch was on a trail once more.

The black labrador had left without Mike or Runkle, once more. And that was fine; Mike allowed him to roam free quite often. Butch was a well trained dog... he didn't do any harm to the envoirment. And if he found something out of the ordinairy, he was always fast to let his master know.

This time, he was trying to sniff out some deer. Their scents where intriguing... he loved to watch the herds....

He suddenly stopped, and lifted his head. His floppy ears perked; a sound had caught his attention....

- ''Who's there?'' He growled, turning slightly. The fur on his back stood up slightly; he was ready to fight. ''SHOW yourself!''

A flash of brown; the next moment, Butch was slammed to his side.

- ''OOF!'' He growled, as he kicked at his attacker. ''WHAT THE HELL....''
- ''Thought you'd sneak away, huh?'' Runkle grinned, as he pinned the older dog to the ground. ''What are you up to?''
- ''RUNKLE!!! YOU BIG, BRAINLESS...'' Butch barked, trying to get the heavy-weight of him. ''LET ME GO!!!''

Runkle laughed his deep laugh and took a step backwards, his loose skin dangling as he moved. - ''Calm down, oldtimer...'' He teased. ''I just wanted to go with you. You shouldn't always go out alone... some day, a hunter might shoot you as a precaution, so you won't get Mike.''
- ''They won't be quick enough.'' Butch grumbled, as he got back to his feet. ''I can take care of MYSELF, pup... always have.''
- ''Of course... of course.'' Runkle admitted. ''But still... it's not always save.''
- ''And YOU could HELP me?'' Butch growled, as he shook his fur and got back to sniffing. ''Pah, it's far more likely that YOU'd get in trouble, and that I would have to save YOUR ass...''

Runkle laughed again, and walked up to a tree to sniff it.

How he loved the outdoors... always something new!
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 13-06-2010 09:55

- ''Really, now...?'' She began to circle him, with a grin on her face. ''Nice to meet you, Mwimbaji... I'm Sheerah.'' The tuff on her tail brushed under his chin. ''So... you're ''from the place lions are from''... I see... and... where would THAT be?'' She stopped in front of him, still grinning, her whiskers almost touching his.

The smile accompanied by the circling slightly innerved Mwimbaji and his smile half faltered into a twitching maw opening. His eyes never left hers as she circled, stating her name. Sheerah. It was a beatiful name. He clamped his jaw shut when her tail tufft brushed gently against his chin. It gave him a slight tickle but he gained composure as she made a full circle before standing in front of him. He gulped lightly before he thought on his paws. "Wh-what do you mean?" Mwimbaji chuckled nervously. "Surely you know the place I'm talking about...! Right?" his whiskers twitched and he took a step back so that he wasn't so close. "I mean.." he paused. "You did come from 'that place' too right?" He was trying to turn the tables back onto her. "Cuz.. you know... we're both lions so we obviously had to come from 'that' place. So... why do you need to ask? I'm sure there weren't different places other than that one." he pointed out before he smiled again and his tail was curling.

"Take that!" Mwimbaji thought, figuring he'd just outsmarted the smarter.... right?

( lmao mwimbaji outsmarting the smarter? xDD mwimbaji seems to have his own cards playing for him too :P )

---

As Jazz was about to go to Nemesis, something happened. It seemed a victor had been chosen. Takeshi had already looked out, and saw that Gatling had indeed won. His ears folded back. Ah, hell no Gatling would be the new Alpha... right?

It seemed that Gatling had been gloating now in his victory, though it had been lived short when suddenly, Bones had come! Takeshi's tail wagged. Bones was showing who was boss, and in a moment Gatling was down. Takeshi grinned. He couldn't help but see the sight with such expecting eyes. Bones sure was tough...

There was an exchange of words between Jazz, Cloud, and Ratchet before Takeshi watched on in amazement. Gatling down, it wasa sight to see. As well as a beauty to also know that at this point Gatlin gwas indeed in submission; life on the line. Oh the adrenaline rush and excitement Takeshi was getting! He wanted more, more more! But he was left with a final word. Ah well. That'd be fine for now, he guessed.

---

Meanwhile, Kami and STorm had been walking for a while now, and no one could find a scent of human or dog. Until... Kami tilted her head and her ears perked. there was a loud, startled shout in the distance that came out as a surprised bark. Dogs! Nearby! kami grinned. "I think we're getting close" she sai,d her tail curling. "They're this way!" she said as she already moved toward the sounds where Runkle and Butch were.

As she made her way, the pawsteps were getting faster and faster. The fact that there were dogs around meant there wa sa human around. It also meant that saving ACe could very well be accomplished hopefully by the end of the evening, if luck were on their side! How hard could it be with a human on your side too..?
ImageImage

Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 13-06-2010 16:10

The smile accompanied by the circling slightly innerved Mwimbaji and his smile half faltered into a twitching maw opening. His eyes never left hers as she circled, stating her name. Sheerah. It was a beatiful name. He clamped his jaw shut when her tail tufft brushed gently against his chin. It gave him a slight tickle but he gained composure as she made a full circle before standing in front of him. He gulped lightly before he thought on his paws. "Wh-what do you mean?" Mwimbaji chuckled nervously. "Surely you know the place I'm talking about...! Right?" his whiskers twitched and he took a step back so that he wasn't so close.
At the point, Sheerah was still grinning, enjoying her little game. She sat down, waiting for more, her grin widening....
"I mean.." he paused. "You did come from 'that place' too right?" He was trying to turn the tables back onto her. "Cuz.. you know... we're both lions so we obviously had to come from 'that' place. So... why do you need to ask? I'm sure there weren't different places other than that one." he pointed out before he smiled again and his tail was curling.
Sheerah was surprise, for a moment. Her grin faded as her eyes widened slightly. She smiled, though, and quickly decided to see if there was any use playing another trick on him....

- ''Oh yes... I agree...'' She said, before lifting her front paw to lick it casually. ''After all... it's the most BEAUTIFUL place in the world... with all the ice and such...''

She looked at him from between her eyelashes, wondering what his answer would be....

Whatever it was... she was enjoying herself.

((Mean, MEAN, MEAN Sheerah. :P She's toying with him...))
---
There was an exchange of words between Jazz, Cloud, and Ratchet before Takeshi watched on in amazement. Gatling down, it wasa sight to see. As well as a beauty to also know that at this point Gatlin gwas indeed in submission; life on the line. Oh the adrenaline rush and excitement Takeshi was getting! He wanted more, more more! But he was left with a final word. Ah well. That'd be fine for now, he guessed.
Cloud, still determined not to let the looks of the female get to him, looked down at Takeshi.

- ''You liked that, huh?'' He smiled. ''Good thing Gatling got what he deserved... You know, we should ask Bones to do some training with you once you grow a little bigger. I'm sure you'd love it.''

Bones finally let go of Gatling. Gatling rolled to his side right away, but got slammed down once more, with a furious growling. Gatling whimpered slightly; he could have known. Bones always expected full submission... no tricks.... and he was to stay down until Bones lost interest in him.

Bones growled loudly as he let go again, and this time, Gatling only gritted his teeth... but didn't get up. He lay perfectly still, tail against him bum, waiting.

The Beta turned his head to the cave, where Takeshi, Jazz, Ratchet and Cloud where.
Jazz and Ratchet, who where now talking on hunting tactics to take down a buck, didn't even notice...

- ''JAZZ.''

Jazz's head snapped up. He gulped, and came forward... knowing what was to come.

- ''Did you CATCH them?'' Bones question was straightforward. But somehow, he didn't sound angry... even though the answer was obvious, considering the wolf and lion weren't here.
Jazz lowered his head. - ''No... I don't have the speed. I tried...''
- ''WHERE are they?'' Bones still didn't sound angry at all, nor surprised. He knew all the wolves of the pack well... and he had expected Jazz to fail at this assignment. He was a fair Beta, never having too high expectations of the others.
- ''They ran straight to the pride.'' Jazz said, lowering his ears and tail and narrowing his eyes, as if he expected to be attacked. ''I assume they where spies... but I'm not really sure what they came for...''

Cloud hurried to Jazz's aid. ''I think it has to do with Ace. The brown wolf was interested in him... they must have came for Ace.''

Bones nodded. He then turned his head back to Jazz, who seemed ready for punishment.

- ''Alright... well done. I'll speak to Nemesis. We might need to guard the pit... and wait for them... Surprise them.'' He then perked his ears at Cloud, adressing him as highestranked of the three wolves. ''Stay here, until I come back with further orders.''

Jazz, surprised, perked his ears. Bones had been merciful... he hád failed, after all....

Bones turned, and signalled Plio to follow. But as he began to make his way back to Nemesis's den, he suddenly stopped and looked over his shoulder.

- ''You know... Nemesis has asked you to hunt down a buck. But if you guard the prisoner well... she might be even more impressed.''

After those words, he left.
---
Meanwhile, Kami and STorm had been walking for a while now, and no one could find a scent of human or dog. Until... Kami tilted her head and her ears perked. there was a loud, startled shout in the distance that came out as a surprised bark. Dogs! Nearby! kami grinned. "I think we're getting close" she sai,d her tail curling. "They're this way!" she said as she already moved toward the sounds where Runkle and Butch were.
Storm was getting more agitated by the minute. Searching was taking time.. and each minute was another minute of hell for poor Ace. He had sniffed the ground eagerly, hoping to find the needed scents... when he too heard what Kami heard.

He lifted his head. He then gulped, following Kami.
Dogs... Even though Kami was quite eager to meet them, Storm had a healthy caution when it came to dogs and humans.
Still, he followed. Ace needed them... and he couldn't back out now.

*Courage, Storm... courage...* He thought, silently hoping they wouldn't run straight into a pack of hunting hounds.

As Kami picked up the pace, Storm too began to run.
And it wasn't long until he smelled them; Dogs... indeed. And the scent of human, too....

He gulped again. Hopefully... they weren't hunter's dogs.

Runkle was the first to notice them. He had just trotted off to sniff some bushes when he heard the running pawsteps; he raised his massive head and sniffed the air.

He had little reason to be afraid. The sound of pawsteps could only belong to another animal... possibly an animal that lived here.
He was big and strong, and even though he was plump and slow, he had no care in the world. He was still a descendant of great fighting dogs... and had the ability to kill with remarkable ease for such a slow, heavy dog.

- ''Hello?'' His voice was deep and he spoke a little slow, but his tone was friendly. ''Who's there?''

Butch, who was still sniffing the grass a few meters away, raised his head and perked his ears.
- ''Who're you talking too?''
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 16-06-2010 22:30

''Oh yes... I agree...'' She said, before lifting her front paw to lick it casually. ''After all... it's the most BEAUTIFUL place in the world... with all the ice and such...''

She looked at him from between her eyelashes, wondering what his answer would be....

Whatever it was... she was enjoying herself.
Mwimbaji blinked. Ice..? If it was one thing, Mwimbaji certainly wasn't an idiot. Even if he had been raised in the circus, when he had been released, there certainly wasn't any snow.. If anything, there was more high grass and sunny weather than he could see. He tilted his head a moment before laughing. "...Yes, yes it is..." he paused. "If you're from the tundra ... Or a snow lion." he commented. He grinned. "But I don't think you're from the tundra. More like the plains... right..? You know. that area. With...grass.. and trees." he seemed to strain his answer though as he tried to remember. The only factor that helped him be just as sneaky as she was because he was released back where he seemed to have come from .Other than that, he was still pretty much clueless.

---
''You liked that, huh?'' He smiled. ''Good thing Gatling got what he deserved... You know, we should ask Bones to do some training with you once you grow a little bigger. I'm sure you'd love it.''
Looking up to Cloud, Takeshi felt his tail wag even more. Boy, he wanted to train NOW! But the most he could do was train with the bear cubs.. and that had been a while. Takeshi pouted a little bit. "Isn't there a way I can start training now...?" he asked. "I mean... can I sharpen my claws on some bark? Or maybe head butt a rock or something?" he hoped there would be a yes. He could hardly contain his excitement, and he didn't want to wait anymore.

- ''You know... Nemesis has asked you to hunt down a buck. But if you guard the prisoner well... she might be even more impressed.''

As Bones had left, Takeshi glanced from the grown ups to Jazz before nudging his paw. "So..." he grinned. "We guarding the prisoner?" his tail was wagging. "Cuz uh, I'm sure if they come ... you know... they wouldn't want to harm a pup like me right?" he implied.

---
- ''Hello?'' His voice was deep and he spoke a little slow, but his tone was friendly. ''Who's there?''

Butch, who was still sniffing the grass a few meters away, raised his head and perked his ears.
- ''Who're you talking too?''
As Kami and Storm had made their way closer now to the dogs, she glanced back at Storm. "If you want, keep distance until you think it's safe for you to come out." she nodded. She then kept moving forward, tail wagging before she appeared. "Hi there!" she said cheerfully. "My name's Kamikaze. Kami for short. Who might you be?"
ImageImage

Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 17-06-2010 21:25

Mwimbaji blinked. He tilted his head a moment before laughing. "...Yes, yes it is..." he paused. "If you're from the tundra ... Or a snow lion." he commented. He grinned. "But I don't think you're from the tundra. More like the plains... right..? You know. that area. With...grass.. and trees." he seemed to strain his answer though as he tried to remember. The only factor that helped him be just as sneaky as she was because he was released back where he seemed to have come from .Other than that, he was still pretty much clueless.
Sheerah couldn't help but blush slightly. So... he wasn't as clueless as he had seemed.
She made a playful hop towards him, her paw slapping at his shoulder.
- ''Hehe... just joking!'' She snickered, but her slight blush was still there. ''So... tell me, where did you meet that wolf that was with you... and do you two intend to stay?''

After getting caught teasing him, she'd suddenly felt very eager to change the subject!!!

((1-0 for Mwimbaji... :P))

---
Looking up to Cloud, Takeshi felt his tail wag even more. Boy, he wanted to train NOW! But the most he could do was train with the bear cubs.. and that had been a while. Takeshi pouted a little bit. "Isn't there a way I can start training now...?" he asked. "I mean... can I sharpen my claws on some bark? Or maybe head butt a rock or something?" he hoped there would be a yes. He could hardly contain his excitement, and he didn't want to wait anymore.
Cloud was about to answer, when Ratchet suddenly turned an ear and overheard.

- ''Bark?? Headbutt a ROCK?'' He frowned. ''Do you want a headache?'' He grinned.

Cloud kicked a little dust at Ratchet. - '"Don't tease the kid!'' He grinned. ''Of course we can.... although it'll be a little difficult, with your small size.'' He thought for a moment. ''I can help you learn some tactics, though. Learn how to dodge attacks, get out of the way in time. To see what your opponent will do, and move with him to avoid getting hit.''

- ''Oh yes, that will be fun.'' Ratchet suddenly mumbled, sarcastic as ever. ''Having Cloud slam into you... that should be nice if you're only a small rock high....'' He turned his attention back to Jazz and Bones.

Cloud ignored him. ''We'll be fine... and it might get a little rough, but you're not made of sugar.'' He grinned. ''I'm sure you can do it... I'll ask Jazz what he thinks.''

As Bones had left, Takeshi glanced from the grown ups to Jazz before nudging his paw. "So..." he grinned. "We guarding the prisoner?" his tail was wagging. "Cuz uh, I'm sure if they come ... you know... they wouldn't want to harm a pup like me right?" he implied.
Jazz's attention was right back at Takeshi the moment he nudged his paw. He looked down, and grinned.
- ''Yes, it seems so... Cloud, Ratchet...?'' He looked up, and saw the two nod.

He then turned his attention to Tyrus, Jericho and Gatling.

- ''How about you all? Will you go with us?''

Jericho, who seemed quite shaken up after seeing his brother loose, looked at Gatling once more for guideance.

Tyrus growled. ''You don't need me to help... And it's not like there's anything in it for ME. I want to be alone.'' He then finally got up. His body looked rather bruised and beaten, but it seemed his ego and pride where hurt even more. He walked away and dissapeared into a cave.

- ''Gatling?'' Jazz asked, his ears turned backwards. He wasn't too keen on having Gatling and Jericho join them, but he knew they would probably want to... given the price they could earn.

Gatling rolled back up; now that Bones was gone, he could finally let out his anger.

- ''LIKE HELL I WILL!! I WON'T BE PLAYING GOOD LITTLE LOWRANK WITH YOU LOT!'' He snapped. His eyes seemed to be on fire; he was publically humiliated!
He spotted Takeshi and let out a snarl of anger. Of course, the stupid PUP had seen it all!!! Like it wasn't worse ENOUGH...

He got to his feet and trotted off, Jericho right behind him.

Jazz shrugged. - ''Let's take that as a ''no''.'' He said, keeping his cool. He then signalled the others to come, and the group began to head out. Jazz turned his attention back to Takeshi.
- ''IF anyone comes for Ace... I doubt they would want to harm YOU. You're the son of Ace's friend, after all.'' He then pulled his lip slightly up. ''Besides... if they even TRY, I'll rip them to SHREDS.''

- ''Yeah... let big daddy handle that.'' Ratchet snickered. ''Don't touch daddy's boy...''
Cloud just grinned. - ''Don't joke about it, Ratchet... I wouldn't want to fight Jazz for Takeshi's live....''

---
As Kami and Storm had made their way closer now to the dogs, she glanced back at Storm. "If you want, keep distance until you think it's safe for you to come out." she nodded. She then kept moving forward, tail wagging before she appeared. "Hi there!" she said cheerfully. "My name's Kamikaze. Kami for short. Who might you be?"
Storm gulped, then nodded. - ''That might be best... I don't think dogs will be happy to see a wolf.'' He turned his ears back. ''But be careful... they COULD be hunter's dogs. I'll be right behind you.''

He then crouched down in the bushes, as Kami went on. He was ready to come to her aid, if need be....

Runkle's tail wagged slowly as he saw Kami come. He dipped his head slightly in respect; she was a fellow canine... and a female. That brought out the gentleman in him.

- ''Well hello! Nice to meet you... Kami. I'm Runkle.''

Butch now spotted her, too. He began to growl and trotted towards the two on stiff legs, hackles raised. It was clear to see he was the untrusting of the two.

- ''Where did you come from? Who's your master?'' He demanded, with a look at her collar and her bell.

- ''Butch, don't be so rude.'' Runkle said, his ears slightly turned backwards. He then turned back to Kami, with an apologizing smile. ''Forgive Butch... he's a bit of a grumpy old dog.''

- ''Don't ''grumpy-old-dog'' me!'' Butch snarled at Runkle. Runkle seemed completely unmoved. ''Again... who áre you, miss?''
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 18-06-2010 21:06

''Hehe... just joking!'' She snickered, but her
slight blush was still there. ''So... tell me, where did you meet that wolf that
was with you... and do you two intend to stay?''
Mwimbaji had a goofy smile on his face, his tail curling behind him as she spoke light hearted. His ears perked and his nose twitched as he listened to her. "Well, I met the wolf when he was being chased by other wolves.." he commented. "I figured he needed a hand so I helped him out! And he told mea bout his friend, and from there, we came here to get some help." he nodded.

Intending to stay? Mwimbaji blinked. Well, he wasn't sure if he was allowedto stay, but he sure would love to. He tilted his head as if in thought, before nodding. "Well, I'm sure Storm would like to stay after we find his friend." he said. "And, well, I don't really have anywhere to go ... so, I'll be staying too! If I'm allowed." he said with a smile. He was truly hopeful he was now too.

---
''Bark?? Headbutt a ROCK?'' He frowned. ''Do you want a headache?'' He grinned.
<BR><BR>Cloud kicked a little dust at Ratchet. - '"Don't tease the kid!'' He
grinned. ''Of course we can.... although it'll be a little difficult, with your
small size.'' He thought for a moment. ''I can help you learn some tactics,
though. Learn how to dodge attacks, get out of the way in time. To see what your
opponent will do, and move with him to avoid getting hit.''
"Well, that sounds like a good plan!" he grinned. Takeshi already wanted to start. He wanted to go out and train now. But then he remembered, the had to keep guard. Oh, TAkeshi could keep guard. And then maybe after they would be able to train.. But then he turned to Ratchet who in turn spoke saying,

''Oh yes, that will be fun.'' Ratchet suddenly mumbled, sarcastic as ever. ''Having Cloud
slam into you... that should be nice if you're only a small rock high....''

Takeshi smirked. "I can take it!" he said with a proud bark. "I've got the skills. I can handle it. Just lemme attim and I'll show you what I'm made of!" he gave a small head butt to Ratchet's front leg before tail wagging. Getting Jazz's approval? That'd be a sinch!

''IF anyone comes for Ace... I doubt they would want to harm YOU. You're the son of Ace's friend, after all.'' He then pulled his lip slightly up. ''Besides... if they even TRY, I'll rip them to SHREDS.'' <BR><BR>- ''Yeah... let big daddy handle that.''
Ratchet snickered. ''Don't touch daddy's boy...'' <BR>Cloud just grinned. -
''Don't joke about it, Ratchet... I wouldn't want to fight Jazz for Takeshi's
live....''
Takeshi grinned. He was glad he was a part of this pack. Boy, did he wish he could stay forever.
''Well hello! Nice to meet you... Kami. I'm Runkle.'' Butch now spotted
her, too. He began to growl and trotted towards the two on stiff legs, hackles
raised. It was clear to see he was the untrusting of the two. ''Where
did you come from? Who's your master?'' He demanded, with a look at her collar
and her bell. ''Butch, don't be so rude.'' Runkle said, his ears
slightly turned backwards. He then turned back to Kami, with an apologizing
smile. ''Forgive Butch... he's a bit of a grumpy old dog.'' ''Don't
''grumpy-old-dog'' me!'' Butch snarled at Runkle. Runkle seemed completely
unmoved. ''Again... who áre you, miss?''
Runkle. Kami was about to answer, but Butch had cut in, and gave a rather angered welcoming. She could see why, and she lowered her ears and dipped her head with respect as he had approached, and smiled looking at Runkle. "No no! Don't worry at all." she smiled. "My name is Kamikaze, Kami for short." she introduced herself. "I come from a bit far away, probably at least a few regions down. My owners let me roam and make my way back home whenever I want, they trust me." she nodded. "I smelled another human in the area and I figured that there were fellow canines around." she smiled. "And looks like I was right!" she added with another tail wag.

"So wht are you two gentlemen doing out here? Hunting?" she asked curiously, an innocent head tilt as her tail still thumped.
ImageImage

Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 27-06-2010 21:56

Mwimbaji had a goofy smile on his face, his tail curling behind him as she spoke light hearted. His ears perked and his nose twitched as he listened to her. "Well, I met the wolf when he was being chased by other wolves.." he commented. "I figured he needed a hand so I helped him out! And he told mea bout his friend, and from there, we came here to get some help." he nodded.
Sheerah's ears perked. So... this guy helped a wolf, in need of aid... without getting anything out of it himself... without the intend to get better of it.
That was... unique. Most big cats didn't like the canine family much... yet, this lion had just saved a wolf.

He had her attention....
Intending to stay? Mwimbaji blinked. Well, he wasn't sure if he was allowedto stay, but he sure would love to. He tilted his head as if in thought, before nodding. "Well, I'm sure Storm would like to stay after we find his friend." he said. "And, well, I don't really have anywhere to go ... so, I'll be staying too! If I'm allowed." he said with a smile. He was truly hopeful he was now too.
Sheerah's tail curled up and slightly over her back, happy with the prospect of a new cat joining the pride.
- ''Oh, I'm sure they'll allow you!'' She exclaimed happily, before realising that she was speaking out of term. But then again... Seras usually was very kind and understanding... and she surely wouldn't mind a new force in her pride. After all... the more cats, the saver.

---
Takeshi smirked. "I can take it!" he said with a proud bark. "I've got the skills. I can handle it. Just lemme attim and I'll show you what I'm made of!" he gave a small head butt to Ratchet's front leg before tail wagging. Getting Jazz's approval? That'd be a sinch!
Cloud grinned widely and watched Takeshi bump into Ratchet's front leg.
Ratchet, in turn, gave him a warm grin. Takeshi had brought out the softest side in most of the wolves.... except for Gatling and Jericho, of course.

Jazz perked his ears. - ''It's fine by me. Cloud will do fine teaching you the things I cannot.'' He turned his ears slightly back, a little ashamed and uneasy. But he knew all too well that his strength wasn't the wolf-versus-wolf fights... It was fighting the stronger, slower animals. And he wasn't too proud to admit his weaker points.
Cloud, on the other hand, was a formidable fighter when it came to speed. And Ratchet was the easiest to kill.... If they all worked together, Takeshi could get the best of it all.
And Jazz wanted him to... He wanted Takeshi to have anything he wanted.

Runkle. Kami was about to answer, but Butch had cut in, and gave a rather angered welcoming. She could see why, and she lowered her ears and dipped her head with respect as he had approached, and smiled looking at Runkle. "No no! Don't worry at all." she smiled. "My name is Kamikaze, Kami for short." she introduced herself. "I come from a bit far away, probably at least a few regions down. My owners let me roam and make my way back home whenever I want, they trust me." she nodded. "I smelled another human in the area and I figured that there were fellow canines around." she smiled. "And looks like I was right!" she added with another tail wag.

"So wht are you two gentlemen doing out here? Hunting?" she asked curiously, an innocent head tilt as her tail still thumped.
Runkle's long hanging lips slightly curled up as he grinned. He gave Butch an ''I told you so'' look. Butch grumbled something unrecognizable, and kept staring at Kami.

- ''Hunting..? Us? Never.'' Runkle stated, proudly. ''No.... we keep hunters and their dogs AWAY.'' He took a step forward, his loose skin dangling as he moved. ''We're the ranger's dogs. We protect this area... warn him in case of trouble. Keep nature save.''
- ''Would you STOP telling her EVERYTHING, you mindless big LUMP?'' Butch snarled. ''She could trick us... it might be a trap, it might....''

He suddenly raised his black head and sniffed. Then, he growled. - ''There's someone else here...''

Storm was surprised; these dogs where REALLY good. He was downwind... and hadn't expected to be found.
Yet, it would be rude, ánd stupid, to keep hidden, now that he was caught...

As he got up, Butch let out a deep growling. But Runkle simply took a few steps in his direction and wagged his tail slowly.

- ''Oh, hi.'' He sniffed the air for a moment. ''Wolf...'' He then turned his head to Kami, smiling. ''Friend of yours?''

Storm gulped, and came forward with ears and tail low.
''I'm not an enemy...'' He said, softly, facing Butch. ''I... We, need help.''

Runkle's floppy ears perked right away.
- ''Help?'' He turned to Butch. ''They need HELP... Help, Butch. That means us.''

Butch growled and narrowed his eyes.
- ''We're not responsible for everything happening here, Runkle... it depends on what they need....''

Runkle turned to Kami and rolled his eyes, as if to say ''ignore him''. He then gave an apologizing smile, and waited to hear what help was needed.

---------------

Meanwhile, Bones and Plio arrived back at Nemesis's den.
Plio quickly found herself a quiet spot to dissapear to, as Bones approached the den.

- ''Alphess... we found the source of the noise. It was Gatling... fighting Tyrus.''
He gulped; calling Tyrus by his name was still feeling strange. He was used to calling him ''Alpha''.

A soft growling from the den told him she had heard him.
- ''Hmmm...'' She grumbled. ''I don't care much... it was time Tyrus got a lesson in HUMILITY.'' Her angry voice proved she hadn't forgiven him yet; not by a long shot.
She paused. Then, she spoke again. ''Has Jazz turned yet? Has he found the lion?''

- ''Yes.'' Bones was glad she hadn't asked if Jazz had CATCHED him. Now, he didn't have to lie and could give Jazz a break. ''Yes, he found him. He, and the intruding wolf we met earlier, are together... and both are the pride. Jazz found them there and came back to report.''
- ''Good... Very good.'' Nemesis's voice was suddenly much brighter. ''And?''
- ''It seems they where after Ace. The wolf seems to be a friend of his... and the lion helped him. We're not sure what they did... but I told the pack to guard the pit, from now on.'' Bones cleared his troath. ''Jazz, Ratchet and Cloud are on their way right now, as we speak.''
- ''And Tyrus?'' Nemesis suddenly stuck her nose out of the den, so that her face came into sight. ''Has he gone with them?''
- ''No, Alphess. He's hurt after the fight... he lost. He's very down, after loosing his rank ánd loosing the fight.'' Bones said.
Nemesis growled. - ''That no-good....'' She growled softly. ''And how about Gatling? And Jericho?!''
Bones sat down. - ''I put Gatling in place after he tried to declare himself the next Alpha-to-come.'' Right after those words, he saw Nemesis's eyes flaming with anger. He continued, though. ''Jericho follows him everywhere, so they're both off... I don't know where.''
Nemesis let out a snarl of anger. - ''HOW DARE HE....'' Her yellow eyes seemed to be shooting fire. ''That arrogant... I'll teach him!!!'' She was about to get up.
- ''Alphess, if I may... Don't bother yourself with him. It would be too much honour for him. I put him in place... he's not worth your precious time right now.'' Bones said, softly. ''I can handle him.''
Nemesis stared at him for a moment, then layed back down.
- ''Very well, then. See to it that you DO. Keep him in line... use as much force as you need. I don't want my pack falling into chaos now that I'm abscent.'' She gave him a rather undefinable look. ''You're doing well, Bones. You truly are a great Beta... I'm impressed.'' She then smirked. ''Keep this up... and it'll be rewarded.''

Bones dipped his head in respect, and then turned and flopped down a few meters from the den.
Nemesis had her report... and she was pleased. Jazz had escaped her anger, and he was now fully allowed to smack Gatling around if need be.
Oh yes... life was good.

His stale grey eyes locked on Plio, for a moment. She didn't see; she just lay there, sad, her eyes at her paws.
He licked his lips. Yes... life was INDEED good. And just getting better and better...