Life in the mountains can be cruel... (Mature, SilverWolf92)

The rough mountains of the Hekaya lands, where only the strongest will survive.
Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Life in the mountains can be cruel... (Mature, SilverWolf92)

Post by Nakisha » 12-01-2009 20:12

((Continuing the RP!))

Cahal nodded his head. "I don't think it will be all too bad," he mentioned. "She's probably having to settle and be obedient now, considering she's in a foreign pack who do know of her intentions and her deeds.." he paused. "If she wants her pup to live, she has to cooperate. I doubt any bad will come to them from Sunset's doing right now." he said. "After all, pup before all else, that's what all moms' thinnk, even the bad."

Nakisha nodded. ''I totally agree... I think they'll keep a very close eye on her.'' She smiled. Then, she got up. The pups where all nursed and asleep, so... she could be missed for a bit!
''Say... Ace? Can you stay here and watch the pups for me...? I'd like to stretch my legs.''
Ace nodded. ''No problem.'' He waited for Nakisha to step out, and then flopped down in the entrance, so he could talk with Cahal some more.

Nakisha quickly trotted off. She would go and try to find Kami; she missed the chats with her friend. She wanted to hear EVERYTHING about the new arrivals!! She didn't knew yet that Kami had already returned... but she would find out soon enough.

With all heads turned to the healer's den, it appeared that May was being taken out like a sullen pup by Mooneyes, causing a rather... atrocious (in zazu's terms) scene. Trying not to show her disrespect, Shiba just stared beyond the scene, but her ears were a bit flat against her head. She knew May to be what Forastero had mentioned earlier... but this? She could hardly believe this was the alphess of the pack. With all due respect, she felt like anyone would be better alphess now than she. Not only had May caused a rather huge hissy fit, what kind of example was this that showed leadership? Responsibility? A state of mind that at least did not have such a wolf with high esteem being dragged and whining as she went.

Forastero sat next to Zeke and Shiba, quietly. As he noticed Shiba's unease, he winked at her. It was almost as he was trying to say; ''Don't worry about it... as I said... she's young...''
But Nunchuck was obviously embarrassed by his mate's tantrum as well. May had been spoiled during puphood; she still had so much to learn about life in a pack, and acting like an ADULT.

When May caught sight of her and Zeke's presence, she was terribly embarrassed. Shiba just sent out a small, smile in respect and a hello.

Shiba smiled softly. "Oh, I am pretty sure that Sunset has reasons to be thinking that I am here to tell her of such horrible events." Shiba said. But then she laughed. "That's not the case though." she mentioned. "I've come here because I just really wanted to check up on her, and Airan." she said. "When Sunset had left, and taken Airan with her, I was really worried and concerned for both of their wellbeings. The thing was, we had found out of another event that happened at the pride... and the result would be banishment." Shiba explained. "Sunset was to be banished, but we would never throw her out with a injured child. We had said that Sunset would stay until Airan was well again, but Sunset probably figured we would drag her away and fled the scene. I just wanted to know that she was all right, and send my possible greetings." she said then.

Nunchuck smiled. ''You have such a kind heart, Shiba.'' May sat next to him, her ears folded back, embarrassed and respectful, for a change.
Nunchuck got up. ''You're welcome to see her at any time. I'm sure by now she has settled down.''
Mooneyes suddenly appeared, out of nowhere, it seemed. She smiled at Shiba.
''I'm so sorry for that scene. The sleepingpotion I gave Sunset can cause her strange idea's... I've seen it before. It's rare, but it sometimes happens. She's all awake now and calmed down... Freezeburn is with her. Sunset knows now you're not here to punish her or Airan.'' Her face turned more serious. ''And I've told her to trust others a little bit more. It's unbelievable how terribly suspicious she is of everything and everyone... she trusts nobody but herself. And there's no reason for that!''

Then, she turned her head as Nunchuck addressed the naughty puppy's behind Shiba.

Blinking, Shiba turned her head back a bit. She saw Lusala slap the tail, while Falchion merely stared at it. Smirking with a rather kittish smile, Shiba had her tail curl a bit, wrapping around Lusala a bit and tapping on Falchion's shoulder before retreating. It moved upwards then, so that the pups would literally have to make a grab for it, since they were so short!

Lusala seemed a bit scared as Shiba's tail wrapped around her, but it didn't last; as Shiba tapped Falchion with it, her eyes where already glued to the tip of it again.
As the adults continued their chat, both pups tried to jump the highest, reaching for that funny, moving thing, which was SO different from their own tails. They chuckled and laughed.

She looked to Nunchuck then saying, "Oh don't worry about it!" she laughed. "There's no harm at all. I simply adore kids anyways!" she grinned. Then she said, "If you don't mind... might I possibly stop by to see Sunset?" Her tail still flickered away behind her, hoping to keep the children interested and playful at least. They seemed pretty bored after their father stopped playing with them.

Nunchuck sighed in relief. ''I'm glad you like those two naughty kids... I've had several highly insulted guests here.'' He laughed. Then, he nodded. ''You have free access to the healers den as long as you're here.''
Mooneyes looked up. ''Wait... Shiba, where YOU Sunset's healer..??'' Her tail began to wag. ''Oh, that's amazing!! I can't wait to talk to you... There are a thousand things I could learn from you!'' She bowed her head in respect. ''Please... follow me! I'll bring you to Sunset.''

Sunset was already looking out of the cave, flanked by Freezeburn. Airan was between her front paws, in a contend sleep. But as Mooneyes and Shiba came closer, he opened his orange eyes; they had opened even further already. He recognized Shiba; he gave a soft yip and tried to crawl forward, but Sunset held him close.

Unawares of Hakuro's worried thoughts and the happenings earlier, Nakisha followed Kami's scent, leading her right back into the clearing. She saw marks in the sand; it seemed Kami was dragging prey with her.
And thus, seconds later, her nose appeared before the entrance of their den.

''Hi there... am I interrupting...?'' She spoke softly, not to startle the youngsters.

At that same time, Orestus woke up. He had enjoyed his long sleep, and he could finally see things clearly again. The shock of Sunset's attack had worn off.
He looked down, surprised to see Cahal there. He soared down, landing on Ace's shoulder, and puffed up his feathers.
''Well hello... that has sure been a while.'' Orestus nodded respectfully. ''I've been asleep for a few hours, and I miss everything.''
~When darkness comes, you know I'm never far~
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 15-01-2009 19:26

''I totally agree... I think they'll keep a very close eye on her.'' She smiled. Then, she got up. The pups where all nursed and asleep, so... she could be missed for a bit!
''Say... Ace? Can you stay here and watch the pups for me...? I'd like to stretch my legs.''
Ace nodded. ''No problem.'' He waited for Nakisha to step out, and then flopped down in the entrance, so he could talk with Cahal some more.

Cahal watched as Nakisha went off and grinned. "you guys are doing so well as parents. Although, I'm pretty sure I'm late in giving you that kind of a compliment." he said as his chest puffed out a bit in embarrassment. Grinning, he looked to the pups again. "They really are beautiful, Ace." Cahal said. Although, he felt a bit girlish for saying 'beautiful'. Maybe he should have said cool instead...

''You have such a kind heart, Shiba.'' May sat next to him, her ears folded back, embarrassed and respectful, for a change.
Nunchuck got up. ''You're welcome to see her at any time. I'm sure by now she has settled down.''
Mooneyes suddenly appeared, out of nowhere, it seemed. She smiled at Shiba.
''I'm so sorry for that scene. The sleepingpotion I gave Sunset can cause her strange idea's... I've seen it before. It's rare, but it sometimes happens. She's all awake now and calmed down... Freezeburn is with her. Sunset knows now you're not here to punish her or Airan.'' Her face turned more serious. ''And I've told her to trust others a little bit more. It's unbelievable how terribly suspicious she is of everything and everyone... she trusts nobody but herself. And there's no reason for that!''

When Mooneyes appeared, her tail slowly waved back and forth for the pups, but she listened to the words. Mooneyes mentioned sleeping potion. So of course that mean Moon was the healer her! She tried to hide her excited face, but little by little she started to lose her composure. "It's to be expected... since it is from Sunset." she said softly. "Sunset hasn't really had a great influence on our pride, so I guess she figures now everyone is out to get her... but for good reason. But we're not that bad so," she paused then smiling sadly. "I think she'll have to trust for now. After all, if she wants Airan to heal, Airan will need time here after all. And maybe with a change here... things for the better might happen."

Lusala seemed a bit scared as Shiba's tail wrapped around her, but it didn't last; as Shiba tapped Falchion with it, her eyes where already glued to the tip of it again.
As the adults continued their chat, both pups tried to jump the highest, reaching for that funny, moving thing, which was SO different from their own tails.

Shiba couldn't see the pups faces, but the small little paws that were whapping her tail gave her the hint that they where enjoying themselves! To come to their happiness, she lowered her tail and found that something suddenly pulled it down! She instantly rose back up and started chuckling. "I'd better be careful," she mentioned. "I don't want my tail to be let loose from my body!" she joked with a grin.

''You have free access to the healers den as long as you're here.''
Mooneyes looked up. ''Wait... Shiba, where YOU Sunset's healer..??'' Her tail began to wag. ''Oh, that's amazing!! I can't wait to talk to you... There are a thousand things I could learn from you!'' She bowed her head in respect. ''Please... follow me! I'll bring you to Sunset.''

Shiba finally lost her own composure, and like a kitten began to squee in excitement. "Yes, yes I am! I mean, was!" she said with a tail curling. "I bet there are many things I can learn from you as well! It will be like... healer chatting!" she said, excited. "I don't think I've ever had that before." she said with a smile. "It will be marvelous!"

And then of coures, the thought of Sunset being in the den made her even more relieved. She'd finally be able to end her worries about the mother and pup.

''Hi there... am I interrupting...?'' She spoke softly, not to startle the youngsters.

About to dig into the food, Hakuro had already begun, but Kami's ears perked the moment that Nakisha had entered. "oh hi there Nakisha!" she said, tail wagging as she turned to face her friend. "No, nothing at all. We were just having a light snack. Would you like some?" Kami asked, head tilted. Hakuro was busy with the meat, but he seemed rather... distant. Kami glanced back a bit before looking to Nakisha with another smile. "Is there something you want to talk about?" she asked. "Maybe catch up on some things?" she added.

That's when Hakuro spoke. "If you guys want to have another chat with eachother, I'll look after the children." Kami turned back and smiled. "Thanks hun! I'm real thankful that you're here." she trotted over, gave him a lick on the cheek, and walked outside. "How about it Nakisha?" Kami asked with a grin. "Let's go for a walk and talk!" and with that, Kami started off at a nice jogging pace, waiting for Nakisha to follow.
ImageImage

Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 15-01-2009 21:28

Cahal watched as Nakisha went off and grinned. "you guys are doing so well as parents. Although, I'm pretty sure I'm late in giving you that kind of a compliment." he said as his chest puffed out a bit in embarrassment. Grinning, he looked to the pups again. "They really are beautiful, Ace." Cahal said. Although, he felt a bit girlish for saying 'beautiful'. Maybe he should have said cool instead...

Ace's expression changed to soft and warm as he looked at his kids; All those compliments on his offspring made him feel great. He was proud of them... at he sometimes feared he would boast about them, so he tried to be quiet.
''Well... you won't believe how scared I was picking them up for the first time. When they where born, I didn't really think about it... but later..! I wondered how I could hold those little things without breaking them. Especially little Chelsey...'' He chuckled. ''Nakisha seems to be better at it then I am...''
He smiled as Kita placed a paw on Fuego's head in her sleep; both just slept on.
Chelsey was asleep in the cutest position; curled up into a little fluffy ball, her tail over her face, and only her floppy ears sticking out from the fluff.

He turned his head to Cahal grinned. ''Say... how about you? Have you seen your beta again..?''

When Mooneyes appeared, her tail slowly waved back and forth for the pups, but she listened to the words. Mooneyes mentioned sleeping potion. So of course that mean Moon was the healer her! She tried to hide her excited face, but little by little she started to lose her composure. "It's to be expected... since it is from Sunset." she said softly. "Sunset hasn't really had a great influence on our pride, so I guess she figures now everyone is out to get her... but for good reason. But we're not that bad so," she paused then smiling sadly. "I think she'll have to trust for now. After all, if she wants Airan to heal, Airan will need time here after all. And maybe with a change here... things for the better might happen."

Mooneyes nodded. ''Sunset just needs to shape up some day... I wonder if she ever will, though. But it will be great to have another healer around at this point. Everbody here worries about what Sunset might do to their pups...'' She sighed. ''Me and Freeze can hardly handle it alone. Personally, I don't think Sun will do ANYTHING at this moment... but the girls haven't forgotten about the red devil here.''

Shiba couldn't see the pups faces, but the small little paws that were whapping her tail gave her the hint that they where enjoying themselves! To come to their happiness, she lowered her tail and found that something suddenly pulled it down! She instantly rose back up and started chuckling. "I'd better be careful," she mentioned. "I don't want my tail to be let loose from my body!" she joked with a grin.

Lusala ran to Shiba's front side and smiled.
''Are you staying here?'' Her bright, big eyes looked at Shiba, with the hopeful and innocent look only young animals had.
Mooneyes laughed softly; the twins where SO mischievous... not afraid of anything yet!
Falchion ran up to his sister, almost bumping her over in his enthusiasm. ''Yeah... that would be FUN!!
May stepped forward, finally displaying a bit more dignity. ''No questions now, dears... you can talk to miss Shiba later, alright?''
Both pups nodded. ''Bye, miss Shiba!'' Lusala called out over her shoulder, her little tail wagging, as the twins followed their mother into the alpha's cave for a afternoon nap. May smiled; Lusala definitely had the most manners of the two...

Shiba finally lost her own composure, and like a kitten began to squee in excitement. "Yes, yes I am! I mean, was!" she said with a tail curling. "I bet there are many things I can learn from you as well! It will be like... healer chatting!" she said, excited. "I don't think I've ever had that before." she said with a smile. "It will be marvelous!"

And then of coures, the thought of Sunset being in the den made her even more relieved. She'd finally be able to end her worries about the mother and pup.

Mooneyes's eyes brightend as she took Shiba to the cave. What a beautiful opportunity... having a healer like Shiba here!! She looked forward to the hours she would spend here... the knowledge they would share.
Freezeburn, laying next to Sunset, lifted her head as the two came in. She and Sunset where both laying on their belly, their front paws stretched out in front of them. Freeze could have easily been Sunset's sister; the two looked so much alike in build and size! Both warriors in every way of the word...
Sunset's wounds where well covered with large leaves. It seemed they had some kind of balsam under it; it smelled a bit minty.
Freeze smiled and wagged her tail at Shiba.
''It's good to see you again, Shiba... I'm so sorry about earlier.. May can be like that.'' She seemed to be ashamed in May's very place.

Kidogo, Freezeburn's daughter, was looking straight at Airan, who was asleep between Sunset's front paws, the horsehide still around his little belly.
She sat quietly, being very patient for such a young pup. Even Sunset didn't seem to mind her presence.

But Sunset's ears turned backwards as Shiba entered. She still expected a big speech...

About to dig into the food, Hakuro had already begun, but Kami's ears perked the moment that Nakisha had entered. "oh hi there Nakisha!" she said, tail wagging as she turned to face her friend. "No, nothing at all. We were just having a light snack. Would you like some?" Kami asked, head tilted. Hakuro was busy with the meat, but he seemed rather... distant. Kami glanced back a bit before looking to Nakisha with another smile. "Is there something you want to talk about?" she asked. "Maybe catch up on some things?" she added.

That's when Hakuro spoke. "If you guys want to have another chat with eachother, I'll look after the children." Kami turned back and smiled. "Thanks hun! I'm real thankful that you're here." she trotted over, gave him a lick on the cheek, and walked outside. "How about it Nakisha?" Kami asked with a grin. "Let's go for a walk and talk!" and with that, Kami started off at a nice jogging pace, waiting for Nakisha to follow.

Nakisha followed Kami, a huge smile on her maw. ''That's been a while!!!'' She fell into a swift trot. ''It's good to have you back... and now, we both have our families near...'' She sighed happily. ''And like that ain't enough, Sunset left too... how much better can life be?'' She winked. ''So tell me... how are your pups doing? I wanna hear EVERYTHING!!''
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 16-01-2009 02:14

''That's been a while!!!'' She fell into a swift trot. ''It's good to have you back... and now, we both have our families near...'' She sighed happily. ''And like that ain't enough, Sunset left too... how much better can life be?'' She winked. ''So tell me... how are your pups doing? I wanna hear EVERYTHING!!''

Kami grinned, looking back to her friend. She slowed her pace so that they both now had a pleasant walk side by side. She nodded her head saying, "Thanks, and I'm so glad to be back... and, you know, everything is finally back in order." she mentioned softly. She looked to the sky for a moment before back to Nakisha. "I would be having a party right now, if it weren't for the fact that her pups in a ficcle." she mentioned. "But we all know whose fault that goes to! Sunset." she said softly. "I mean, sure the fox got to Airan, but it is Sunset's responsibility after all to look after her child." she said, sounding like scolding a younger pup or something.

When asked about her pups, Kami grinned widely. "Oh Nakisha, they're such a bundle of fun!" she said, tail wagging. "Just seeing them.. oh, they're beatiful. The suspense is killing me though." she said. "To hear their voice, see their beautiful eyes... it's just making me so impatient!" she teased. "Although.." she paused. Sure, she hadn't noticed it before, but it must have been 'mothers intuition' or something. "Hakuro seems like he is hiding something from me." she mentioned. "I don't know what, but something's bothering him. I just wish I knew what." she said, pondering.

Kami then looked to Nakisha. "How are your pups doing Nakisha?" she asked with a smile. "Aren't they all so sugary sweet?" she said with a teasing wink.

''Are you staying here?'' Her bright, big eyes looked at Shiba, with the hopeful and innocent look only young animals had.
Mooneyes laughed softly; the twins where SO mischievous... not afraid of anything yet!
Falchion ran up to his sister, almost bumping her over in his enthusiasm. ''Yeah... that would be FUN!!
May stepped forward, finally displaying a bit more dignity. ''No questions now, dears... you can talk to miss Shiba later, alright?''
Both pups nodded. ''Bye, miss Shiba!''

Shiba chuckled, answering all that she could in such the short time period. "Yes little one, I'll be a guest for about a few days. So you'll be seeing me later on I gather." she said with a wink to the pups. "I'd love to play with you lot later on. I hope we become good pals!" she said with a grin, before watching them follow May. Meanwhile, Shiba in turn followed Mooneyes.

Upon arriving to the cave, Shiba saw Freezeshard and smiled a greeting message.

''It's good to see you again, Shiba... I'm so sorry about earlier.. May can be like that.'' She seemed to be ashamed in May's very place.

Kidogo, Freezeburn's daughter, was looking straight at Airan, who was asleep between Sunset's front paws, the horsehide still around his little belly.
She sat quietly, being very patient for such a young pup. Even Sunset didn't seem to mind her presence.

But Sunset's ears turned backwards as Shiba entered. She still expected a big speech...

Shiba smiled. "Oh, don't go apologizing, Freeze. It's all right. Besides, I'm sure in no time... there shall be a ... mature growth." she said softly. Her eyes fell to Freeze's daughter. "Your daughter is growing beautifully Freeze." she mentioned. "It's been a while since I've seen her! Actually, only remember catching a quick glance as you and the others left us." she mentioned with a smile and a nod of her head.

Then, her eyes fell to Sunset. Smiling, Shiba took a step foward. "Hello, Sunset." she said softly. A small pause followed before, "I was worried about you and Airan." she said. "Your departure shocked me. I'm glad to see you're all right." she said, and that was the end of her so called 'speech'.

''Well... you won't believe how scared I was picking them up for the first time. When they where born, I didn't really think about it... but later..! I wondered how I could hold those little things without breaking them. Especially little Chelsey...'' He chuckled. ''Nakisha seems to be better at it then I am...''

"aw," cahal said. "That's just mother instinct, so just think of it that Nakisha has an advantage! You're doing just fine!" he added with a grin. "And pups aren't as fragile as ya think." he said with a grin. "My mom once told me that when I was a pup, I got hit on the head with a rock! Okay, it was a small, small rock... but still, I survived!" he chuckled, meant for a joke that wouldn't have insult follow.

''Say... how about you? Have you seen your beta again..?''

"I didn't really get to talk to her," Cahal mentioned. "Since she's so busy wtih her job and all," Cahal added. "ButI did get to see her. I said a small humble hello and then she was off." he said with a sweatdrop. "I doubt I'll ever get my chance until I learn to settle down..." he paused. "But I just love travelling so much past the borders.. it's too much fun!" he added with a chuckle.
ImageImage

Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 16-01-2009 17:45

Kami grinned, looking back to her friend. She slowed her pace so that they both now had a pleasant walk side by side. She nodded her head saying, "Thanks, and I'm so glad to be back... and, you know, everything is finally back in order." she mentioned softly. She looked to the sky for a moment before back to Nakisha. "I would be having a party right now, if it weren't for the fact that her pups in a ficcle." she mentioned. "But we all know whose fault that goes to! Sunset." she said softly. "I mean, sure the fox got to Airan, but it is Sunset's responsibility after all to look after her child." she said, sounding like scolding a younger pup or something.

Nakisha sighed, and nodded. ''I had Sunset pinned to the ground... how I did it, I still don't know... and it was then when Airan cried out for her. I let her go... If it hadn't been for Airan, I might have even killed her.'' She looked in the distance. ''I don't think I'll ever be able to defeat Sunset again. I was enraged... and scared. I saw her rear sticking out of my den... and I thought she killed them, or at least wounded them. I couldn't think straight... it was very weird.'' She shook her head. ''But it's better this way. If I had truly killed Sunset, Airan would have been without a mother... but I didn't thought about that at that every moment. It was Sunset's own fault that the fox got to him... but I sure hope he'll be fine... It's not HIS fault that he's born out of SUNSET.'' She snickered. She then turned more serious, though. ''Only problem is... I wonder what he'll grow up to be. What Sunset will raise him to be.''

When asked about her pups, Kami grinned widely. "Oh Nakisha, they're such a bundle of fun!" she said, tail wagging. "Just seeing them.. oh, they're beatiful. The suspense is killing me though." she said. "To hear their voice, see their beautiful eyes... it's just making me so impatient!" she teased. "Although.." she paused. Sure, she hadn't noticed it before, but it must have been 'mothers intuition' or something. "Hakuro seems like he is hiding something from me." she mentioned. "I don't know what, but something's bothering him. I just wish I knew what." she said, pondering.

Nakisha frowned. She knew nothing about Hakuro's past; if she had, she might have remembered. But now, it was as much as a question to her as it was to Kami.
''That's... odd...'' She mumbled. ''What do you suppose it could be...? I mean... he likes the pups, right? And they're all healthy...?''
She frowned even more; she understood Kami's worries perfectly well.

Kami then looked to Nakisha. "How are your pups doing Nakisha?" she asked with a smile. "Aren't they all so sugary sweet?" she said with a teasing wink.

Nakisha grinned widely.
''Well... Chelsey is an angel. She's a wonderful pup... she sometimes whines a bit, but she's a lot smaller then the other two, so that's only fair. Fuego is also easy to handle; he's nice and calm and chubby.'' She snickered. ''But as for Kitana... Oh my, I'll sure have loads of trouble with her. She's such a naughty pup already... crawling away and sniffing everything. You know... her eyes will probably open soon. I saw that her eyelids are already opening in the corners... It won't be long.'' Her tail wagged. ''I bet it'll be hard to keep up with her once she sees!''

--

"aw," cahal said. "That's just mother instinct, so just think of it that Nakisha has an advantage! You're doing just fine!" he added with a grin. "And pups aren't as fragile as ya think." he said with a grin. "My mom once told me that when I was a pup, I got hit on the head with a rock! Okay, it was a small, small rock... but still, I survived!" he chuckled, meant for a joke that wouldn't have insult follow.

Ace snickered. It somehow relieved him a bit to hear that the newborns weren't as fragile as he feared. To him, they where still helpless, little mole-like beings.

"I didn't really get to talk to her," Cahal mentioned. "Since she's so busy wtih her job and all," Cahal added. "ButI did get to see her. I said a small humble hello and then she was off." he said with a sweatdrop. "I doubt I'll ever get my chance until I learn to settle down..." he paused. "But I just love travelling so much past the borders.. it's too much fun!" he added with a chuckle.

Ace grinned. ''Maybe she should travel with you sometimes... see a bit of the world before turning back to her responsibilities!!'' He gave a Cahal a soft push, teasing.

Out of sight of the two adults, Kita had woken up... and as always, she was up to no good.
Even though the opening of her eyelids was nothing but a tiny slid, barely visible, it gave her the ability to get a slight notice of something new; the light.
As the two males talked, she wiggled free from her siblings and began crawling towards that light, intrigued, curious.
She didn't notice her dad's paw was in the way, until she crawled into it.
Ace lifted his paw, surprised, and looked down.
''Kita...?'' He looked over his shoulder; Fuego and Chelsey where still piled up and asleep. He then rolled his eyes.
''Naughty little lady...'' He mumbled, as he picked Kita up and placed her back. He then turned back to Cahal, grinning.
''I don't know where she got her strong will from... but I'm pretty sure she'll be even worse then Airan.''

--

At the pack, everyone was curious to see how Shiba would respond to Sunset.
While May was keeping the twins inside the cave, while they where chanting; ''We want to plaahaay, with Shiba since she'll stahaaay!!'', the other wolves where slowly coming closer to the healers cave. Dionaea was watching over the other pups in the pack, except for Kidogo of course.
Flame's nose twitched; she was always curious.

Shiba smiled. "Oh, don't go apologizing, Freeze. It's all right. Besides, I'm sure in no time... there shall be a ... mature growth." she said softly. Her eyes fell to Freeze's daughter. "Your daughter is growing beautifully Freeze." she mentioned. "It's been a while since I've seen her! Actually, only remember catching a quick glance as you and the others left us." she mentioned with a smile and a nod of her head.

Freezeburn's tail wagged. Even though she doubted May would grow into her leading role anytime soon, the compliments on her daughter Kidogo made her glow with pride.
Kidogo smiled shyly. ''Thank you.. miss.'' She gave a polite little bow, before quickly running up to her mother and sitting besides her. She was truly a very good pup...! She waited patiently as Shiba turned to Sunset.

Then, her eyes fell to Sunset. Smiling, Shiba took a step foward. "Hello, Sunset." she said softly. A small pause followed before, "I was worried about you and Airan." she said. "Your departure shocked me. I'm glad to see you're all right." she said, and that was the end of her so called 'speech'.

Sunset's eyes widened in surprise.
''I... thank you.'' She stuttered, obviously a bit overwhelmed. ''That's... very kind of you.''
Airan seemed to wake up again; just as before, he noticed Shiba's scent. He opened his bright orange eyes, and tried to go to her. This time, Sunset allowed him to. He crawled forward, right to Shiba's paw, and stayed there, his stubby little tail wagging.
Even though Shiba was a big cat, not a wolf, he wasn't afraid of her. He remembered her perfectly well. And now that he could see her for the first time, nothing changed for him. She was still the same Shiba; she had taken care of him before!!
And thus, he stuck his tongue out to lick Shiba's toes.
Sunset laughed softly; Airan's cute response to Shiba made her melt. Freezeburn let out a soft ''Ahwww...'', and Kidogo giggled.
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 17-01-2009 02:50

''I had Sunset pinned to the ground... how I did it, I still don't know... and it was then when Airan cried out for her. I let her go... If it hadn't been for Airan, I might have even killed her.'' She looked in the distance. ''I don't think I'll ever be able to defeat Sunset again. I was enraged... and scared. I saw her rear sticking out of my den... and I thought she killed them, or at least wounded them. I couldn't think straight... it was very weird.''

Kami gave a small, sad smile. "You did the right thing." she said. "A mother's instinct is very strong; especially at the age the pups are." she mentioned with a nod of her head. "I probably would have done the same thing.." Kami said quietly then. She shook her head though when Nakisha mentioned of not being able to defeat Sunset. "That's not true silly." she said. "Your'e strong, tough, and have a good will power! I'm sure you'll be able to kick her can if she ever dares come back again." Kami said with a wink. "You just need a little confidence boost is all!" she added as her tail wagged.

She shook her head. ''But it's better this way. If I had truly killed Sunset, Airan would have been without a mother... but I didn't thought about that at that every moment. It was Sunset's own fault that the fox got to him... but I sure hope he'll be fine... It's not HIS fault that he's born out of SUNSET.'' She snickered. She then turned more serious, though. ''Only problem is... I wonder what he'll grow up to be. What Sunset will raise him to be.''

Kami was quiet then. She wouldn't respond to if Nakisha really did take Sunset's life. But in all truths, Kami knew that Nakisha would be able to stop herself if that ever did happen. She was strong both in mind, spirit, and physique. She gave a half smile then. "I think he won't be as tough as his momma." she said. "If he's around wolves like us, I'm sure we could make him less evil as Sunset is. Other than his momma, I think it also depends on the environment he's in." she said with a grin. But then again, she'd forgotten that.. why would they want Sunset back? Would she even COME back? With that in mind.. perhaps Airan would grow to be as cruel and cold as his mother..

''That's... odd...'' She mumbled. ''What do you suppose it could be...? I mean... he likes the pups, right? And they're all healthy...?''

"They should be healthy," Kami said with a teasing wink, but then in seriousness she said, "Yes, they're healthy." She then looked to the sky. "I really don't know... I mean, Hakuro's not the type to not like children. He loves our pups, I know he does. But something that's worrying him is what I can't place a paw on. I'll have to talk to him about it later though." Kami said, dismissing the worry for now.

''Well... Chelsey is an angel. She's a wonderful pup... she sometimes whines a bit, but she's a lot smaller then the other two, so that's only fair. Fuego is also easy to handle; he's nice and calm and chubby.'' She snickered. ''But as for Kitana... Oh my, I'll sure have loads of trouble with her. She's such a naughty pup already... crawling away and sniffing everything. You know... her eyes will probably open soon. I saw that her eyelids are already opening in the corners... It won't be long.'' Her tail wagged. ''I bet it'll be hard to keep up with her once she sees!''

Kami laughed. "Well, curiousity is quite handy! Sometimes." Kami said. "I'm sure she'll be a bundle of fun when she older. Exploring without a fear, she'll be such a rebellious little thing! Cute too." Kami added. "Fuego sounds like he'll be a wonderful older brother." Kami mentioned. "And that's a good thing. Maybe even overprotective like his dad when your pups shall be of the right age to find mates." Kami winked again. But of course, that wouldnt' happen all entirely soon. She grinned saying, "I wonder what your pups' eye colors shall be... Just thinking about it makes me laugh. Although, since both you and Ace have brown I guess it's.. brown." she chuckled softly.

She looke to the sky for a moment. "I don't know about Hakuro and mine though." she spoke softly. Kami then said, "I have blue eyes, and Hakuro has dark blue." she then looked to Nakisha. "Nakisha, did you know.." she paused. "Hakuro is blind in one eye?"

( he actually is. i'd forgotten that, but gin reminded me ;3 )

''Maybe she should travel with you sometimes... see a bit of the world before turning back to her responsibilities!!''

Cahal seemed to laugh. "That would be nice.." he paused though. "But, I know that Rowena shall never do that. She's to committed to her job. Besides, she would probably rant and rave that no one can do it better than her." he chuckled. "She may be strict, but she is a very good leader." he told Ace with a smile. "I think that's what I like about her. She's very good at her job, she's a serious wolf... and yet, there's still something that can be seen underneath all of the hardcore things." he said, and his eyes seemed to become a bit mystified and distant as he spoke about her.

''Kita...?'' He looked over his shoulder; Fuego and Chelsey where still piled up and asleep. He then rolled his eyes.
''Naughty little lady...'' He mumbled, as he picked Kita up and placed her back. He then turned back to Cahal, grinning.
''I don't know where she got her strong will from... but I'm pretty sure she'll be even worse then Airan.''

Kita's little adventuer snapped Cahal out of it, before he looked to see Kita come crawling over. Cahal chuckled. "Oh, she just wants to go on an adventure is all." he said with a wink. "And strong will is a good quality!" he added with a tail wag. "Kita will be a true adventurer I bet when she grows." he said then.

''I... thank you.'' She stuttered, obviously a bit overwhelmed. ''That's... very kind of you.''

Shiba just nodded, a smile on her face.

He crawled forward, right to Shiba's paw, and stayed there, his stubby little tail wagging.
Even though Shiba was a big cat, not a wolf, he wasn't afraid of her. He remembered her perfectly well. And now that he could see her for the first time, nothing changed for him. She was still the same Shiba; she had taken care of him before!! And thus, he stuck his tongue out and licked Shiba's toes.

Shiba smiled, watching as Airan came crawling. She half thought Airan looked like a bundle weiner dog with a bun around him, and chuckling as he came foward she bent down and lay so she was eye level with him.

"What pretty eyes you have there," she mentioned softly, before she saw a tail wagging and a tongue licking her feet. Giggling, Shiba lay sideways as her tail came across, and very lightly, as far as it could go tried to get Airan's attention. She figured maybe he'd like to crawl play and bat for a while to get some exercise, and not have to worry about his injury at the moment.
ImageImage

Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 17-01-2009 17:53

Kami gave a small, sad smile. "You did the right thing." she said. "A mother's instinct is very strong; especially at the age the pups are." she mentioned with a nod of her head. "I probably would have done the same thing.." Kami said quietly then. She shook her head though when Nakisha mentioned of not being able to defeat Sunset. "That's not true silly." she said. "Your'e strong, tough, and have a good will power! I'm sure you'll be able to kick her can if she ever dares come back again." Kami said with a wink. "You just need a little confidence boost is all!" she added as her tail wagged.

Nakisha only smiled. She wasn't sure Kami was right there... Sunset was such a fighter. But she... she was only driven by the will to protect her family. Of course, that was a strong will... but she didn't have Sunset's muscle, Sunset's training... Sunset's brute strength. Ace was the strong one... not her. She could move swiftly, she was slender... but that was about it. She had never been really GOOD at any point; no runner, no fighter, no caretaker...
It was only since she left the pack that she found out to have certain qualities. Hunting still wasn't her very best thing, but she was learning. Being a mother to her newborns, however, seemed to go perfectly well. Protecting them had been successful up 'till now. But... defeating Sunset again?
Sunset had floored her so many times. There was so little chance....

She decided to shake the thought off, for now.

Kami was quiet then. She wouldn't respond to if Nakisha really did take Sunset's life. But in all truths, Kami knew that Nakisha would be able to stop herself if that ever did happen. She was strong both in mind, spirit, and physique. She gave a half smile then. "I think he won't be as tough as his momma." she said. "If he's around wolves like us, I'm sure we could make him less evil as Sunset is. Other than his momma, I think it also depends on the environment he's in." she said with a grin. But then again, she'd forgotten that.. why would they want Sunset back? Would she even COME back? With that in mind.. perhaps Airan would grow to be as cruel and cold as his mother..

Her tail wagged again. ''I couldn't agree more... If Airan gets a real chance... he might be different. The only question is... will he ever get that chance? Will Sunset allow him to be influenced by others? And most important... what's Airan's OWN character like? He's still so young... did he inherit the will to kill from his mom? We just can't be sure right now...'' She sighed. ''I... I suddenly realise... If I HAD killed Sunset... Airan would have needed a new family. I think I would have taken him in myself. Would that have been a difference..??''
She then shrugged. ''I guess we'll never know...''

"They should be healthy," Kami said with a teasing wink, but then in seriousness she said, "Yes, they're healthy." She then looked to the sky. "I really don't know... I mean, Hakuro's not the type to not like children. He loves our pups, I know he does. But something that's worrying him is what I can't place a paw on. I'll have to talk to him about it later though." Kami said, dismissing the worry for now.

Nakisha only listened now, her ears slightly twitching. It sure was a mystery... one only Hakuro could solve.
She silently wished she could have been of more help... but she hadn't seen much of Kami's offspring yet. She knew still so little about them. And since both their pups where still very, very young, it was so hard to tell how they would grow up to be....

Kami laughed. "Well, curiousity is quite handy! Sometimes." Kami said. "I'm sure she'll be a bundle of fun when she older. Exploring without a fear, she'll be such a rebellious little thing! Cute too." Kami added. "Fuego sounds like he'll be a wonderful older brother." Kami mentioned. "And that's a good thing. Maybe even overprotective like his dad when your pups shall be of the right age to find mates." Kami winked again. But of course, that wouldnt' happen all entirely soon. She grinned saying, "I wonder what your pups' eye colors shall be... Just thinking about it makes me laugh. Although, since both you and Ace have brown I guess it's.. brown." she chuckled softly.

Nakisha laughed softly. That sounded about right...
Then, she hesitated.
''Well... my DAD actually had blue eyes. My mother brown ones... So it IS technically possible for either of them to have blue ones. But I would be surprised....''

She looke to the sky for a moment. "I don't know about Hakuro and mine though." she spoke softly. Kami then said, "I have blue eyes, and Hakuro has dark blue." she then looked to Nakisha. "Nakisha, did you know.." she paused. "Hakuro is blind in one eye?"

Nakisha stopped, her ears perking.
''No... you never told me... howcome?'' She cocked her head, silently wondering if his blindness was inheritable.

Shiba smiled, watching as Airan came crawling. She half thought Airan looked like a bundle weiner dog with a bun around him, and chuckling as he came foward she bent down and lay so she was eye level with him.

"What pretty eyes you have there," she mentioned softly, before she saw a tail wagging and a tongue licking her feet. Giggling, Shiba lay sideways as her tail came across, and very lightly, as far as it could go tried to get Airan's attention. She figured maybe he'd like to crawl play and bat for a while to get some exercise, and not have to worry about his injury at the moment.

Mooneyes sat quietly, watching the events. She was observant like always; Shiba's kindness had surprised everyone.
Outside, the other females where also moving along; they had expected Shiba to scold Sunset, but now that it didn't happen, now that there wouldn't be any fireworks, they decided to move on to the daily routine.

Airan, in the meantime, kept wagging his tail as he focused on Shiba's tail and began to crawl toward the target.

But Sunset was still completely surprised. She could hardly believe how Shiba had just walked in, telling her that she was glad that she and her son where okay. Wasn't she... mad??
And thus, she cleared her troath.
''Say... Shiba...'' She hesitated. ''I thought you'd want my skin, actually...''

Freezeburn perked her head up; Sunset was practically admitting her crime, plus expecting to be punished.
That surprised her; she had never thought the red devil would mind what anyone thought. Clearly... she was wrong.
Mooneyes also looked up, waiting.

Kidogo, in the meantime, stared at Shiba's tail, almost hypnotised. She watched how Airan tried to catch it, and smiled. But as Sunset spoke, and the tenseness suddenly rised, she got up.
''Mom... I'll go check on the twins, alright?''
''Sure, hun... go ahead.'' Freezeburn gave her daughter a warm smile. Kidogo quickly trotted off.

At the same moment, Nunchuck had asked Flame and Forastero to search the lands for Rogue and Kiala. He expected them back around now. He wasn't worried, but with Zeke's arrival, it would be nice to have them back.
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 18-01-2009 18:57

''I couldn't agree more... If Airan gets a real chance... he might be different. The only question is... will he ever get that chance? Will Sunset allow him to be influenced by others? And most important... what's Airan's OWN character like? He's still so young... did he inherit the will to kill from his mom? We just can't be sure right now...'' She sighed. ''I... I suddenly realise... If I HAD killed Sunset... Airan would have needed a new family. I think I would have taken him in myself. Would that have been a difference..??''
She then shrugged. ''I guess we'll never know...''

Smiling, Kami said, "Even if a pup is born to a mean mom, they still have their own personality. Perhaps when Airan grows up, his views on life and all of the things his mother dispises shall be the complete opposite!" Kami grinned. "Besides, we're all different. We each have our own sets of traits that are unlike any other. And we all have our own views on everything. Sure, we might be influenced a bit by how we're raised and such, but no one should have to be raised in a certain manner. We're all free to be whomever we want, with our own goals and things in mind." she said with a small nod. Grinning Kami said, "I think if you would've taken Airan in, he would grow up to be a sweet pup. But even now I think he's still sweet, considering he's still just a child." she said.

''Well... my DAD actually had blue eyes. My mother brown ones... So it IS technically possible for either of them to have blue ones. But I would be surprised....''

Kami smiled. "I didn't know that!" she said, tail wagging. "My mom had the blue eyes in the family. My dads had ice blue and yellow." she said. "Which made my whole family have either light blue, blue, or yellow eyes!" she laughed.

''No... you never told me... howcome?'' She cocked her head, silently wondering if his blindness was inheritable.

A rather, pausing moment came before Kami gave a small sweatdrop. "Um.. I don't think it was ever mentioned or brought up.. Probably I didn't think i would say! I don't know why I even said it now.. hm." Kami then looked to Nakisha saying, "When I met him he was half blind, but I believe it was probably from a fight or something." she explained. "So, I wouldn't worry too much about it." She meant for the pups of course.

Airan, in the meantime, kept wagging his tail as he focused on Shiba's tail and began to crawl toward the target.

As Airan made his way to her tail, the fluffyness on the end started to brush past his face lightly, teasingly.

''Say... Shiba...'' She hesitated. ''I thought you'd want my skin, actually...''

Her ears perked, and she looked Sunset's way. "No, I wouldn't." she said. "I can't say the same for the other pride members, but I wouldn't." she said softly. "And neither would Seras." she added. "I think she's just a bit stressed. With everything going on of course. With a huge responsibility, a lot of things piling up at once isn't very good for her." Shiba said softly. "And another thing, I don't think I'd have anything in my body to say anything harsh to you.." She paused. "I'm not like that." she said. "Maybe I see things a lot differently from the pride, but I don't think I could be really mad at you Sunset." She said. "Hurt maybe, a bit scarred perhaps, but not mad. Somewhat annoyed, possibly.. but hey, we all have our reasons for what we do in this world.." she siad quietly then.

Throughout that all, Shiba wondered if whatever she had said made any sense at all... For Shiba, she suddenly felt like she'd just jabbered for the past few minutes..
ImageImage

Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 18-01-2009 21:34

A rather, pausing moment came before Kami gave a small sweatdrop. "Um.. I don't think it was ever mentioned or brought up.. Probably I didn't think i would say! I don't know why I even said it now.. hm." Kami then looked to Nakisha saying, "When I met him he was half blind, but I believe it was probably from a fight or something." she explained. "So, I wouldn't worry too much about it." She meant for the pups of course.

''Hmmm... in that case, the pups should be fine...'' Nakisha smiled. Her tail wagged slowly, happily.
But there was one thing she wondered about. Something she hadn't dared to talk about since Kami's return.
Maybe this was the right moment...
''Say... Kami..?'' Nakisha's ears moved restless. ''Would you....''
She hesitated. ''I... I was wondering...'' She paused again. There was no good way to say this. It would sound unthankful no matter what.
''Kami... I like living here. With the pride. Seras is a wonderful cat... and then Shiba and Zazu, and Kureihi and Esperado... they're all such great friends.... But...''
She sighed. ''Sometimes... I miss more wolves around me. I don't want to leave this pride... I love it here. But it's different in a pack. Here, I have you and Ace and Hakuro and the puppy's... and Cahal of course... But that's it. It's not a pack.''
She looked up. ''You've been in the dogcamp... how was it there? Was it good to be amongst other canines again...?''

Her head lowered. ''It sounds so... unthankful. I love it here, and I like all the cats very much... But I miss a real pack around... somehow.''

As Airan made his way to her tail, the fluffyness on the end started to brush past his face lightly, teasingly.

Her ears perked, and she looked Sunset's way. "No, I wouldn't." she said. "I can't say the same for the other pride members, but I wouldn't." she said softly. "And neither would Seras." she added. "I think she's just a bit stressed. With everything going on of course. With a huge responsibility, a lot of things piling up at once isn't very good for her." Shiba said softly. "And another thing, I don't think I'd have anything in my body to say anything harsh to you.." She paused. "I'm not like that." she said. "Maybe I see things a lot differently from the pride, but I don't think I could be really mad at you Sunset." She said. "Hurt maybe, a bit scarred perhaps, but not mad. Somewhat annoyed, possibly.. but hey, we all have our reasons for what we do in this world.." she siad quietly then.

Throughout that all, Shiba wondered if whatever she had said made any sense at all... For Shiba, she suddenly felt like she'd just jabbered for the past few minutes..

Sunset's ears sunk behind her head.
''Then... maybe it's time I explain a few things.'' She sighed.

Mooneyes and Freezeburn both stared at Sunset, unbelieving, as she began talking.

''I never meant to hurt your pride, you or your leader. But I'll be frank; before, I never cared about them much either.'' She looked straight at Shiba. ''I'm a loner. I make my own choices, live my own live...'' She sighed. ''Everything I did was only targetted on Nakisha and her family. I know the pride likes her a lot, but we have been foes all our live. And I have good reasons to hate them.''

Mooneyes and Freezeburn shared a look, but they didn't interrupt. Sunset paused for a minute, but then went on.

''You see, Shiba... I like you. And I came to respect Seras. But I cannot, and will not change who I am.'' Her tail flickered. ''But I don't want to hurt you in my fight with Nakisha. And as for what happend... it was indeed not Nakisha who attacked Airan. It was a fox... She found Airan near her pup and tried to kill him. I came just in time. I would have been back even sooner... if it hadn't been...'' She gritted her teeth. The memory of being pinned to the ground by Nakisha was still hurting her pride. ''Anyway... it's not like Nakisha never did any wrong to me. She DID. She's not the saint that people sometimes take her for. Nor is her mate. And I cannot forgive her for things that happend. Some things cannot be turned back or made up for.'' She moved a pebble with her paw. ''I knew the pride would be against me. I knew they could come to punish me. And as Zazu came to confront me, I wanted to make sure I wouldn't be attacked.''

It was not the complete truth. Sunset knew it. But what else could she say? Yes, she had wanted Nakisha to get into trouble. But she also wanted to ensure her safety, and that of her son. It wasn't a complete lie either.

She looked at Shiba again. ''Well, I just wanted you to know that.'' She gruffed. ''I'm not against the pride. But Nakisha and I will never be friends.''

Mooneyes sighed, but said nothing. She had her thoughts about Sunset's anger and hate for Nakisha. She wasn't really sure Nakisha did anything to earn Sunset's hate for her at the start.
Of course Nakisha was no saint. Nobody was. But Mooneyes couldn't believe it was Nakisha who started it all...

She got up, and sniffed some of her potions. She wanted to discuss a few of them with Shiba, later.

Outside the cave, Flame and Forastero returned to the clearing.
Nunchuck perked his ears and trotted up to them.

''What did you find?''
''Nothing.'' Flame sighed. ''I found a few scentmarks from Kiala... the scent is strong enough to find, even after all these days.'' She chuckled, and winked. ''But that's all we could find. No recent marks or scents.''
Forastero seemed troubled. ''I'm not too pleased with all of this. I wonder why they suddenly vanished like this...''
Nunchuck frowned. ''I agree... it's disturbing. They usually don't stray very far... and even with Kiala in heat, I expected them back by now...''
He sighed. ''We'll give it one more week... then, we'll scout for them again. Let's hope they return before then...''

Nunchuck started walking back to his cave. Forastero watched him go; he had a bad feeling about this.
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 21-01-2009 04:01

''Say... Kami..?'' Nakisha's ears moved restless. ''Would you.... I... I was wondering... Kami... I like living here. With the pride. Seras is a wonderful cat... and then Shiba and Zazu, and Kureihi and Esperado... they're all such great friends.... But... Sometimes... I miss more wolves around me. I don't want to leave this pride... I love it here. But it's different in a pack. Here, I have you and Ace and Hakuro and the puppy's... and Cahal of course... But that's it. It's not a pack. You've been in the dogcamp... how was it there? Was it good to be amongst other canines again...?' It sounds so... unthankful. I love it here, and I like all the cats very much... But I miss a real pack around... somehow.''

Kami, with ears perked, listened to Nakisha speaking rather hesitantly. She wondered why Nakisha took her time, but finally realized what it had to deal with. A pack.. A pack huh? Mentioning the dog camp, Kami's ears folded a bit. That wasn't really the greatest thing to ever happen when she tried going back...

"The dogcamp... doesn't accept wolves." she said softly. "They see us as outsiders." she paused. "But, don't get them wrong. It's just how they've been..." Kami paused again, trying to find the right word. "Raised." she concluded. She gave Nakisha a rather, sad face. "They rejected me.." she said. "They rejected all of us." she added quietly. Of course, she meant Rogue, Kiala, and Zeke as she spoke. "But it's just how they are raised, what they know.. it's not their fault." she said. She didn't want Nakisha to be mad at the dogs, but she was sad that she couldn't give her friend high hopes.

"I'm sorry to have to tell you that Nakisha.." she paused. "But it's true. I don't think you'll find a nice pack there.."

''Then... maybe it's time I explain a few things.'' She sighed.

Shiba gave a small nod of her head, continuing to entertain Airan with her tail. "I'm all ears." she said softly.

''I never meant to hurt your pride, you or your leader. But I'll be frank; before, I never cared about them much either.'' She looked straight at Shiba. ''I'm a loner. I make my own choices, live my own live...'' She sighed. ''Everything I did was only targetted on Nakisha and her family. I know the pride likes her a lot, but we have been foes all our live. And I have good reasons to hate them.''

Shiba just listened intently. Although, a small question began to form in her head. She would ask that of course after Sunset was finished with her own explanation, and so with respect, Shiba continued to listen.

''You see, Shiba... I like you. And I came to respect Seras. But I cannot, and will not change who I am.'' Her tail flickered. ''But I don't want to hurt you in my fight with Nakisha. And as for what happend... it was indeed not Nakisha who attacked Airan. It was a fox... She found Airan near her pup and tried to kill him. I came just in time. I would have been back even sooner... if it hadn't been...'' She gritted her teeth. The memory of being pinned to the ground by Nakisha was still hurting her pride. ''Anyway... it's not like Nakisha never did any wrong to me. She DID. She's not the saint that people sometimes take her for. Nor is her mate. And I cannot forgive her for things that happend. Some things cannot be turned back or made up for.'' She moved a pebble with her paw. ''I knew the pride would be against me. I knew they could come to punish me. And as Zazu came to confront me, I wanted to make sure I wouldn't be attacked.''

''Well, I just wanted you to know that.'' She gruffed. ''I'm not against the pride. But Nakisha and I will never be friends.''

After Sunset was finished, Shiba smiled a bit. "I thank you for the explanation, friend." Shiba said politely. "If you don't mind, I would like to ask you a few things... little things of course." Shiba said. "And of course, it's your choice wether you want to answer them or not." she added. "No pressure." Shiba looked to the ceiling for a moment before to Sunset. "Undoubtably the pride would come and punish you in any physical, harmful manor." Shiba said. "As long as Seras is around, she would not let any lay a paw on you or Airan." she said.

Moving on, Shiba said, "I'm just a bit curious Sunset... and I know as you've said this goes into your past. But, why did you come to hate Nakisha in the first place? I know that not all of us are as sweet and such as we all appear in the world, I've done a few things in my past that I am not proud of... so I understand that. I am just curious as to the reason behind the hatred." she said.

Next, she said, "You are right. Some things in this world done by others can never be undone, or be saught as good deeds in the end when they are wicked... But.." Shiba paused. "The things she has done to you... do they equal what you have been trying to do to her for so long?" she asked. "And Sunset... in all honesty I wonder... is all of it truly worth it?" she asked then. It was quiet for a moment, and shiba was glad that Mooneyes seemed to let the two be as Shiba spoke.

shiba then looked to Sunset. "I'm sorry, if any of my questions have offended you Sunset." she apologized. "It is true, as they say though... Sometimes, curiousity really does kill the cat."

Zeke meanwhile had been looking around the pack. He had to familiarize himself with the other members, but he was still a bit shy. He really didn't know many, and the wolves he did know plus Shiba were all elsewhere. Sighing in defeat, Zeke found himself a nice place to lay down and relax. He did wonder though where Kiala and Rogue were... Eyes scanning the area, he just happened to see Nunchuck coming over to where Flame and Forastero were coming from. Cocking his head to the side, he wondered what was up, and started coming over to them.

As he was doing so, Zeke had only found a single sentence that came from Nunchuck's mouth.

"...hope they return before then.."

When Zeke stopped in his pawtracks, his head was low. Nunchuck seemed to go back to his cave, so Zeke was left with talking to Forastero. "Um, beg pardon," he said softly, before glancing up a bit. "I, I hope I'm not intruding on anything." he said. The few words he had heard sparked his own curiousity. Seeing the look on Foraster's face, it didn't seem well. "If I may ask.. what were you and alpha Nunchuck disccussing..?" he'd asked nervously then.
ImageImage