Afternoon Nap

The rough mountains of the Hekaya lands, where only the strongest will survive.
Moon
Warrior

Post by Moon » 11-06-2009 21:34

((Crap post :( ))

“Well, let’s go introduce you to Aithne.”

Smiling Selia fell beside Cahal, trotting to go meet Aithe. She wondered what his reaction would be to her, obviously the pack wasn't all that warm to strangers. They were pretty isolated after all.

Light nuzzles, smiles and wagging tales were exchanged between the three wolves. Aithe smilied at the old wolffess, earning a broad grin from the elder. “Well Cahal, at least you brought us a gift this time. So Selia, you ready for your first pack as a Craterstone to be?” Gift? Another chuckle emerged from Selia, an old bat like her a gift? She looked up at the huntress, " 'Course I am, and what is on the menu tonight?" she asked.

"I'm sure we'll make sure she'll become a packmember in no time!"

Selia hoped that her old bones wouldn't fail her yet, it was time to prove her worth to the Craterstone pack!
Fading_Tracks
Pup

Post by Fading_Tracks » 12-06-2009 07:50

((No worries Moon :3 it wasn't crappy at all!))

"Now, we always hold our own, but for the sake of keeping Rowena happy, I suggest staying settled here for awhile. Make up for lost time you know?" she replied with a smile.

Though she wasn't as angered by it as Rowena was, she did feel having him here could help the pack should there be an attack. But her and Naois hunted fine, still until more hunters came the more the better. Then again, on the topic of safety, Selia could be the packs greatest asset.

From the looks of her, Aithne took a liking to her, though time would tell how she was worthy. The pack had been a bit more withdrawn then normal due to the actions of a past alpha son. Luckily now, Albion’s true litter pup Owen was in the line for the alpha position. Still, it left a damper on the packs openness, which she understood. But Aithne was more outgoing, less concerned with keeping a wall up. After all, she knew if someone crossed the line, she could take them down, so there was no use worrying unless she needed to put someone in their place.

But Selia appeared to have the makings of a great pack member, especially in their army department. True, she would have to deal with Rowena, but being and elder Aithne figured the wolfess would surprise Rowena. Besides, maybe Rowena needed an older wolf to look up to, but good luck getting her to warm up. Brushing it aside, she smiled at the elder and smirked; a wonderful question.

“Well we have a large pack you see, so we try to locate large elks from the valley just back there. We leave some of the large ones to breed more large ones. Then we won’t hunt them all and provide less for the pack.” she explained. As she continued to help Selia understand what was needed to be done, she walked off toward the bottom of the crater, Naois walking beside her before taking the lead. “Normally if we catch smaller kill, then we each try to take one down and bring about two or three down with us, so there’s enough for all of us; and maybe a few leftovers for the following morning meal.” she finished.

It really wouldn’t be a challenge for the elder, so long as she knew to keep position of her place. Naois wasn’t one to be critical should a wolf hunt better then him at times, but they all had an agreement to make the process more fluid. And should they step out of line, Naois would be sure to tell them, but she didn’t fear Naois. He was definitely no Rowena.
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 29-06-2009 21:22

wow guys, i'm really sorry :oops: i actualy forgot that this was my turn to reply. so sorry for the delay. D: ))))

As Aithne was explaining the situation to Selia, he smiled a bit. Selia would surely catch on very quickly. It'd been a while since Aithne had explained all of this, of what to kill and what not to. How many should be sufficient while leaving enough for another day. It brought back to him a small memory of when Cahal had just first started being a hunter. How far he must have come, for he sure made some rather large mistakes in his youth.

As Naois and Aithne had now walked to where the bottom of the crater lay, Cahal followed in turn, waiting for Selia then to come with him as they moved onward. As Aithne had finished her explanation of things, Cahal grinned. "I'm sure you know this, General." he said rather respectfully. "So it should be all review eh?" he mentioned with a tail wag. He'd remembered of course that Selia had come from a pack beforehand, so surely this was all just a friendly reminder if she'd forgotten or something.
ImageImage

Moon
Warrior

Post by Moon » 15-07-2009 03:24

(( Sorry for the late replies, guys :oops: ^^))

“Well we have a large pack you see, so we try to locate large elks from the valley just back there. We leave some of the large ones to breed more large ones. Then we won’t hunt them all and provide less for the pack.”

The elder nodded her head down once, almost feeling the re-healed leg bone ache as it heard the name of it's inflicter. Though she'd never admit to it. Pride was well the cause for more of her injuries then anything, and it kept them hurting.

((WIP))