Afternoon Nap

The rough mountains of the Hekaya lands, where only the strongest will survive.
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 19-05-2009 00:00

As Cahal watched Selia stepped foward when Alpha Albion had said. He smiled, already seeing Selia give respect to their Alpha (or at least that's what it had looked like to him) while speaking calmly and looking his way once more when he'd allowed her to look up. He already felt that this was as good a catch as ever, plus, General Selia had good reasons to be of great use to this pack. For Cahal, he figured it was already set.

In fact, his tail had already started to wag as he thought when Albion would make the statement that she was accepted. Boy, he couldn't wait. Although, he probably knew that after this, Rowena would confront him. And when that would happen, Cahal would be nothing more than a little mouse in her presence. Not wanting to think about it at that time, Cahal snapped out of his happy transe before waiting to see what Selia would have to say in reply to Albion's simple question, a question that all alphas would ask newcomers after all.
ImageImage

Moon
Warrior

Post by Moon » 20-05-2009 03:00

((I worked out an accent I liked))

Selia stood respectivly, her tail held low as she waited for the Alpha coming questions. Her thoughts wandered despite herself, glancing at the figures that surronded around the newly arrived two.

“As a general, how do you feel your rank could benefit my pack, how well did you work the battles from your previous pack?”

The scarred elder nodded her head and began her reply to her superior's question, " I vorked hard, sir. Harder then perhaps I should have, my subodiants were alvays the most disiplined. There is a reason I vas one of the only high rankin' females in my pack." She pasued to gather her thoughts and wet her lips. "I can help gather a proficent army, scouts and, guard for your lands. Defend against intruders who may wish to harm your packmates, I can fight, alone and with group. " She took a deep breath, "If not this, I can teach the youngin's. I know much, and as experience is simply the name we give to our mistakes, I can be useful in many ways, though which is your's to determine. "

Sastified with her self she awaited response from the Alpha. [/b]
Fading_Tracks
Pup

Post by Fading_Tracks » 29-05-2009 01:10

Albion listened quietly as the elder wolf explained herself. The build of Selias body, along with the scars, gave the impression of an honest wolf. There was something about elders; it was easier to see whether their hearts were true or full of deceit. No matter how honest she appeared, Albion was weary since the betrayal of his adopted son. Even so, the pack needed more structure and more influence on their young. Rowena was skilled, but she couldn’t do it alone, the more wolves with their pack, the stronger they would become. After taking a moment to think, he nodded, before meeting eyes dead center with the female.

“If what you say is truth, then I feel you would be a worthy asset to the pack. For the time, I grant you temporary stay here, to see how well you live up to your name. But for now, just enjoy your stay.” Albion said, with a small smile.

He may have been rough, but it was solely out of caution. There was only so much Selia could say, but giving her a chance to prove herself with actions would serve better than words alone. And after Alys, the alpha was cautious of who he allowed into the pack, though they were in dire need of more soldiers. Noticing Rowena’s sour reaction to it, he chose to ignore her and simply head away from the group. His eye would be locked on Selia over the next few weeks, and if she passed his usual tests, she would be granted permanent membership to the pack. Once he and his alphess were out of sight, Rowena remained standing firm, but before she lost her composure, she followed in the alphas pursuit, yet drifted in another direction to be alone.
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 29-05-2009 02:31

Cahal's grin had widened so much on his maw, when there was a small spark of approval. It was true, the pack was a bit wary of newcomers now... especially after the event with Triple Six, Freerider, and Alys.. Alys, after all of this time, betrayed the very pack that was his family.. Cahal guessed that, since Alys apparently hadn't thought them at all as family, was more of an outcast now than ever. And since Alys was no longer considered family, everytime Cahal thought of the wolf it made his hairs stand on end.

But enough of the past. It was time to focus on the present. Since Selia would have to prove herself over the next few days, or however long she had to stay here, Cahal would have to come up with something to help her gain access! Once Albion and Rowena (much to her displeasure of the final word) left, Cahal turned to Selia saying, "To prove yourself to join us as a new packmember, why don't you join myself, Naois, and Aithne for hunting duty?" Cahal asked with a smile. "Of course, I'd need to ask permission.. but I doubt my brother or Aithne would disagree!"
ImageImage

Moon
Warrior

Post by Moon » 02-06-2009 01:08

Alpha Albion nodded once after her explanation of what she could do, his eyes meet with Selia's one. “If what you say is truth, then I feel you would be a worthy asset to the pack. For the time, I grant you temporary stay here, to see how well you live up to your name. But for now, just enjoy your stay.” The old she-wolf's brows rose and creased in a quick motion, before a broad smile spread wide. Bowing just her head to the crater pack's leader, "Thank you, Alpha Albion. I will meet your expectations, prove that I am worth keepin' alive."

As Rowena and Alnion departed from the gathtered group, Selia turned away to Cahal approaching figure, grinning wider then she was. "To prove yourself to join us as a new packmember, why don't you join myself, Naois, and Aithne for hunting duty?" A quiet grumble of her stomach was a sufficent reply coupled with, "I'd love to, just tell me where and I'll follow."

She felt bright with joy, glad to have purpose again. Working hard had never phased her.
Fading_Tracks
Pup

Post by Fading_Tracks » 02-06-2009 22:43

Naois smiled as she followed his brother in approaching Selia. No matter Rowena’s reason, he agreed fully with the idea of Selia becoming a pack member. She would improve their army, possibly help recruit more members to join, and teach the youngens to become worthy soldiers. Though he felt the same frustration Rowena did, she needed to understand that this would be best for the pack. Though that might have been the reason she didn’t object once during the alphas acceptance. Then, his ears perked to his name.

So, inviting her out on the hunt, that was actually a wonderful idea. If she brought food home to the pack, it might make her look better in Albions eyes. Of course, he wouldn’t let her show him up. She might be worthy of serving as their general, but she would have to make sure her place remained in that rank, and not invade in the hunters place. As long as she kept in his direction as the leader of the hunters, he would be confident in her stay here.

“I see no problem with it, and I’m sure Aithne won’t either. But I’m the head of the hunters, so as long as you can take orders and successfully take the kill, then I think it would please Albion to witness your tribute to the pack.” he replied.
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 02-06-2009 23:48

"I'd love to, just tell me where and I'll follow."

Cahal grinned then. He spoke saying, "You'll be with us for the time being then. As hunters, we always stick together. Even though I kind of waded off.." he chuckled rather nervously. He couldn't help but wander, he loved to see what was beyond the pack! Sure, it got a bit out of hand... even for him, but the experience was worth while. At least now maybe he'd be able to redeem himself, considering of his disappearance periodically.

“I see no problem with it, and I’m sure Aithne won’t either. But I’m the head of the hunters, so as long as you can take orders and successfully take the kill, then I think it would please Albion to witness your tribute to the pack.”

Now that Cahal thought about it, he'd never actually had to state that Naois was leader. He always asumed that others would know. It was a good reminder though, especially for Cahal. If Selia would be accepted into the pack, and hunt with them, it'd be essential to know who was boss, and who gave the orders. Plus, with the teamwork now of four, things would get easier for them to catch the kill now wouldn't it? Grinning, Cahal said, "That's right. So you have to listen to my big brotehr, General." His chest puffed a bit then. "He's always right."
ImageImage

Moon
Warrior

Post by Moon » 03-06-2009 22:24

"You'll be with us for the time being then. As hunters, we always stick together. Even though I kind of waded off.."

The old wolffess chuckled lightly along with Cahal and nodded. The young male's wanderings hadn't gone without reward, even if the only thing he brought back was an elder.

“I see no problem with it, and I’m sure Aithne won’t either. But I’m the head of the hunters, so as long as you can take orders and successfully take the kill, then I think it would please Albion to witness your tribute to the pack.”

Naois told her and she nodded again. They wouldn't have to worry about her not following orders or show the hunters up. It was their job and she had no intention of taking that from them, after all she was more suited to battle then hunting. To bulky, they had told her, for the stealth needed to ambush prey. So she was shuffled into the Army. "Course, don'tcha' worry about me disobeyin'. " she promised.

"That's right. So you have to listen to my big brotehr, General." "He's always right."

Selia couldn't help but let a laugh slip out, seeing Cahal puff out his chest had been just t much for her to contain."Sorry." she huffed.
Fading_Tracks
Pup

Post by Fading_Tracks » 03-06-2009 22:45

Naois smiled at his brother, seeing how he took pride that they were related, which warmed his heart. Still, he just wished Cahal would learn when roaming about got out of hand, or if he knew that he would stop going so often. At this point their numbers were scarce, and one wandering off could prove fatal for the pack. It pained Naois to think this way of Cahal when it was obvious Cahal saw him in such a light, but he needed to learn to think of the pack.

Hearing Selia laugh made him smile, like him she seemed tough, but with work one would reach a softer side below. Once all was said, he began to head in the direction he spotted Aithne. “Well, let’s go introduce you to Aithne.” He replied.

Aithne, once she spotted the others, trotted over herself. From a distance she had watched their alpha confront the newcomer. Now that they were in the clear, she knew it was safe to approach. Her tail wagged to see the brothers, Naois’ shook in return. She was a bit more open to Cahals wandering, since she knew he was the lower rank of the three, but she still knew the dangers it brought as well. After giving light nuzzles to both, she smiled at Selia.

“Well Cahal, at least you brought us a gift this time. So Selia, you ready for your first pack as a Craterstone to be?” she asked.
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 05-06-2009 04:08

When Cahal had spotted Aithne comin toward them, his own tail had wagged as he went over to greet her. How he missed his other partner in crime when it came to hunting prey! He gave her a nuzzle back before his tail wagged. He'd missed Aithne. He'd mostly missed the whole back actually..

"Well Cahal, at least you brought us a gift this time."

Cahal chuckled a bit nervously. "Oh yes, this time I was successful!" he winked. "And it's been a while, Aithne. I see you and Naois have been holding out all right." he commented. "I'm sorry for my absence... things for me tended to go either astray or out of hand.." he mentioned. Especially when some of the 'astrays' led to almost disaster with a closeby mountain pack. . . Glancing Selia's way then when Aithne had addressed the elder, Cahal smirked. "I'm sure we'll make sure she'll become a packmember in no time!"
ImageImage