Afternoon Nap

The rough mountains of the Hekaya lands, where only the strongest will survive.
Moon
Warrior

Afternoon Nap

Post by Moon » 21-03-2009 23:43

Selia lapped up the cold stream water with gusto, her heavy coat wasn't meant for the hot summers of the mountians. The small stream she had discovered was liking a blessing from heaven. The old she-wolf shook her scarred head, sending droplets of water flying.

She turned from muddy bank and dissappeared into a line of trees, hoping to escape the after noon heat. Selia flopped down beneath a particulary large tree, with wide sheltering branches. Belly up in the shade she rocked her body back and forth, her old bones cracking with the motion. A sigh of contentment left her jaws, her eyes fluttering shut.

Earth shaking snores sent birds screeching out of their nests. Drool dripped down the sides of her mouth as she slept, dreaming of some wonderful dreams where she was back with her packmates enjoying the thrill of the hunt. It was a nice dream, if only it was reality.
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 22-03-2009 01:22

i hope you don't mind me joining moon :) ))

The sleeping wolf was not left in peace for long... The mountains held a wolf who was not too far from where she slept. The crater pack's second hunter, Cahal was on his usual journey away from the pack. He normally did it often, and it resulted in a bit of counseling from his brother and a bit of annoyance from the beta whom he actually fancied for.. But all in all he loved to travel! He continued onward before stumbling upon the stream that the elder femme had stumbled upon before sleeping beneath the tree.

He took few good laps of the water, before he turned around and suddenly saw a sleeping femme. Ears perked, the wolf carefully took a small step foward and nudged the female. It normally wasn't the greatest to wake up misstresses, and he normally let them lie, but he hadn't really run into any wolves in the mountains as much as he travelled. It was rare to find another!

"Excuse me... ma'am?" he asked. He waited for a response, taking a small step away. Oh boy.. she must've been an experienced femme. He could see scars on her body, as well as across her eye... He probably didn't want to mess with her when she woke up! Especially when he was the one that woke her.
ImageImage

Moon
Warrior

Post by Moon » 22-03-2009 01:44

((I don't mind at all!))

"Excuse me... ma'am?"

Her one good eye slowly opened and she stared up silently at the male who had awoken from her peaceful slumber. An instant frown placed it self on her features. Damn, dream was just getting good. She felt inclined to roll over and go back to sleep but she was pretty sure she wouldn't be able to get back to sleep. Might as well deal with the promblem at paw.

Sucking in the drool with a loud slurp she rocked onto her side and lazily got to her paws. She allowed herself a slight stretch, cracking bones and extending muscles waking the she wolf from her sleepy daze. Turning her head to the male she lauched into question "What'cha want youngin'?" she growled.
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 22-03-2009 01:52

The reply was a frown, as well as an intake of slimy goo from the corner of her mouth... That was.. real ladylike.. He never pictured an elder acting like her.

"What'cha want youngin'?"

"P-Pardon the intrusion ma'am!" he apologized as his head bowed in respect to her. "It's just that... We don't normally get any other wolves in this area.. I haven't really come across any until now really.." he mentioned. "I was just wondering what you were doing here is all..." he said to her, hoping she wouldn't bite his head off or something.
ImageImage

Moon
Warrior

Post by Moon » 22-03-2009 02:07

"P-Pardon the intrusion ma'am!"

He stuttered bowing his head in apolgy. Her head slumped lowly as she waited for the full explanation. Jeez...kid's jumpy. What am I a dragon? Didn't know I was that scary.

"It's just that... We don't normally get any other wolves in this area.. I haven't really come across any until now really.." "I was just wondering what you were doing here is all..."

She groaned her head slumping down in dissappointment. That wasn't any reason to wake someone up. "Living." she replied with a cold stare.
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 22-03-2009 02:22

"She's scary..." Cahal thought when the shewolf stared at him rather beadily. Her answer though.. "No offense ma'am but that kind of is an insufficient answer." he told her. "Where did you come from and why are you here, other than living and sleeping? If you need a place to stay maybe I could suggest you a cave nearby?" he suggested lightly.
ImageImage

Moon
Warrior

Post by Moon » 22-03-2009 02:35

"No offense ma'am but that kind of is an insufficient answer."

Insufficent? Damn kids these days... Questions, questions, questions.

"Where did you come from and why are you here, other than living and sleeping? If you need a place to stay maybe I could suggest you a cave nearby?"

She blinked and narrowed her eyes at him, "What do you want? Huh? A life story." This kid was getting on her nerves and she didn't even know his name. Grumble. Grumble.
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 22-03-2009 02:45

Cahal's ears folded a bit. He didn't really like this female at all... He never thought elders were supposed to be grouchy and all that crap. "Excuse me but you're being awfully rude." Cahal said with a small growl. "I have you know that I'm trying to give you the uttermost respect considering you're older than I and more experienced, but clearly you're just acting like a grumpy wolf that hates the world!" he told her.

"All I was wondering was what you were doing here.. and if you needed a place to stay or something." he told her. "It's not like I see wolves everyday other than the ones at my pack."
ImageImage

Moon
Warrior

Post by Moon » 22-03-2009 02:51

"Excuse me but you're being awfully rude."

Yes, indeed stater of the obvious! "I have you know that I'm trying to give you the uttermost respect considering you're older than I and more experienced, but clearly you're just acting like a grumpy wolf that hates the world!"

She arched a brow at male, a small smile creeping in place of the frown. "Good, kid. You're stickin' up for yourself." she said with a deep chuckle.

"All I was wondering was what you were doing here.. and if you needed a place to stay or something." "It's not like I see wolves everyday other than the ones at my pack."

Selia flashed a toothy grin at him, "I'll tell if you got me a place to stay."
SilverWolf92
Silver of the Mist

Post by SilverWolf92 » 22-03-2009 02:58

Cahal was slightly confused when Selia had gave a rather sly grin. Boy, this female was really unpredictable!

"Good, kid. You're stickin' up for yourself."

Cahal blinked a bit before giving a rather sheepish, but nervous chuckle following. "Y-Yes, I am.. for once" he added to the side a bit. He normally was a bit more spineless than spineful and such when he was with the pack; especially towards their beta... Still that kind of authority made him like her, considering she was so great at being beta and such... Shaking his thoughts away from that he heard the elder say,

"I'll tell if you got me a place to stay."

Smiling, Cahal nodded his head. "Yes. I do in fact. There's a den a bit aways from this area, so c'mon." he mentioned as he started walking. He turned around though saying, "My name is Cahal, Miss." He felt bad for not introducing himself earlier. He didn't even ask for her name, figuring she'd tell it in time; followed by she might snap at him for asking and being 'impatient' or something.
ImageImage