Goddess of Light, Demon of Darkness (PRP Paget)

The rough mountains of the Hekaya lands, where only the strongest will survive.
K.A.T
Beta

Post by K.A.T » 26-05-2011 20:45

"Ah well, you know me, always willing to entertain others that are too incompetent to entertain themselves..."

Winston and his boys stopped laughing for a moment as they eyed this new girl. Winston in particular stared at her, awed by her beauty and by her fierce personality. Oh a strong-willed girl...nice...

He sneered at her as he heard what she said about him and his patrol. And a girl who knew how to use her words well. excellent.

"Whoa, looks like this girl's got a sharp tongue eh boys?" he asked his men as he smirked at her. "Better watch it girl or that tongue of yours will get you into big trouble," he warned her with a slight lift of his lips.

She didn't seem scared, strange, but she could also be naive and foolish to not know fear when it is practically breathing down her neck.

Gage felt his face flush when he turned out to be useless. He knew he wasn't that big or strong or that much of a fighter, seems like he made things worse for them all.

"Y'know for being the older wolf here, you should be more mature than to pick fights for no reason. And yes, I would damage your reputation because I'm sure the females you surround yourselves with don't have the guts to fight you."

Winston turned to the girl and leered at her, looking at her body and licking his lips. Oh this girl was divine, made him want her for himself. Ah...that set an idea in his head.

"Hey girlie, watch what you're saying. My mother could eat you alive, chew you up and spit you back out like it was nothing. And so what if I'm older, there is no law that says I have to be all boring and passive. Jeez that describes my brother Magnus, but not me. I'm in for the fun, not to be stone faced. Oh and by the way, we are very picky folks, and you just might fit in our pack, what do ya say boys?" Winston asked the patrol behind him.

The 5 males exchanged looks and all leered at Paget, then one by one they nodded their heads to Winston. The lead wolf snickered and turned his hungry eyes on Paget. "Alright girlie, the boys and I have come to a conclusion, that might get your friends to live another day. Will you hear us out?" he asked and made a head motion. The 5 wolves behind him spread out to surround the small group.

Troy, Tiana, Roland, Jewel, and Gage and gulped and watched helplessly as they were surrounded by big brutes. This didn't seem to go well for them. Gage looked to Page for leadership. "What do we do Page?" he asked her uncertainly.

"What do you even want from us?"

Winston sneered at her. "We're building the greatest and strongest pack in all the lands, we're recruiting eager strays and loners, perhaps I can offer you and your friends a deal then warrior girl?" he asked mocking her.
Paget
Pup

Post by Paget » 26-05-2011 21:50

Paget laughed in the same obnoxious tone as the challengers' were.

"Well, I have to admit it has gotten me into deep trouble before. Alas, I'm still here!"

She then turned her back to them and faced her friends. Jewel was shaking in her fur next to her and Gage seemed to feel bad about something. She nudged his cheek with her nose and gave him a reassuring nod.

"Everyone needs to relax, we're gonna be fine! They're just a bunch of ass holes who need attention of any kind..."

Paget smiled at her friends and turned back to face the males. She just realized she didn't have a name from them. Before asking his name, she sat down and retorted,

"It's a wonder this... Magnus isn't in charge in my opinion. And no, I'm not interested in joining a pack of idiots, thanks. Besides, what is your name? I am Paget."

Should she have given her name? Oh well, what harm could be done? When he threatened her friends, she pricked her ears forward and naturally took another defensive stance in front of them. How dare he...

"Let's hear it then..."
K.A.T
Beta

Post by K.A.T » 26-05-2011 22:07

"Well, I have to admit it has gotten me into deep trouble before. Alas, I'm still here!"

Winston was startling to get irritated with this girl. He narrowed his dull green eyes as he glared at her. "You know, you're starting to get on my nerves. Your calm facade is exactly how Magnus irks me. And now you. Well no matter, perhaps you'll meet him someday," he snarled as he thought of his prized brother. Just the thought of those eerie green eyes looking down on him made his blood boil.

"Oh yes, you remind me of my brother indeed, and his annoying patronizing tone," he said as he took a threatening step towards the group. Gage instinctively shrank back with the others and then later scolded himself for cowering like a wimp.

"Everyone needs to relax, we're gonna be fine! They're just a bunch of ass holes who need attention of any kind..."

One of the males in the patrol got close and personal with Troy and snarled in his face. "Your friend is either very brave or very incredibly foolish. Do you wish harm to your friends? Keep that tone up girl and this kid here will get your consequences," he snarled.

Winston nodded his head as he looked at the girl, Paget. She was really irking him now. So much so he almost lost interest in her. But oh what a mate she would make. Gordon would be proud.

"It's a wonder this... Magnus isn't in charge in my opinion. And no, I'm not interested in joining a pack of idiots, thanks. Besides, what is your name? I am Paget."

Winston snarled as he lashed out his claws, missing Gage's nose by an inch. "Do not speak his name in my presence. My ears do not need to be sullied by the rotten name of my brother. You best to watch what you say girl or I'll remove that tongue for you. Don't ever say that name in front of me again," he growled dangerously. He was getting close to breaking point with this girl and their little group.

"Let's hear it then..."

Winston calmed himself and snickered. "Alright you want the deal? You'll get it. Now if you want your friends to walk away from this in one piece, you'll surrender yourself to my patrol so that we may take you back to Arranca. If you do that, you have my word that your friends will be able to leave here with no harm. I'll even tell my other brothers' patrols not to seek them. That's the deal. You or your friend's lives, which do you choose? To save your own skin, or theirs?" he asked, his evil seaweed green eyes glaring into hers, daring her to defy him.

She was similar to his brother. Oh how he hated Magnus, his mere name set his rage to cap. One day, Magnus will fall, and he and his brothers will be next to rule Arranca after their father dies.
Paget
Pup

Post by Paget » 26-05-2011 22:20

"Hmph, well I don't recall asking to be liked by you."

Paget paid attention to the males after he took a swipe at GAge. She pinned her ears and bared her teeth, snapping back at the male who had taken a swing at him.

"BACK. OFF."

She was bristling now. When their leader spoke, she whipped around, pissed. Jerks....

"Alright you want the deal? You'll get it. Now if you want your friends to walk away from this in one piece, you'll surrender yourself to my patrol so that we may take you back to Arranca. If you do that, you have my word that your friends will be able to leave here with no harm. I'll even tell my other brothers' patrols not to seek them. That's the deal. You or your friend's lives, which do you choose? To save your own skin, or theirs?"

They;d leave her family alone for her? Gee, that's all? Ok fine... Paget turned back to her friends and told them.

"I'm going with them, you guys need to get the hell ooutta here!"

Jewel gaped at Paget. She was like a mother to her, Paget couldn't go!

"Paget no!"

Paget silenced the young she wolf with a look. She faced Gage and licked his nose. She would miss him for sure. Paget had had plans for the two of them but now... UGH.

She turned to the males and nodded.

"Fine."
K.A.T
Beta

Post by K.A.T » 26-05-2011 23:40

"Hmph, well I don't recall asking to be liked by you."

Winston was steaming, you could see his face going red from anger. His patrol males were exchanging nervous looks. Winston was not the best of company was he blew his top. And it looked like this girl was getting really close to making him explode. The only other person that could rile Winston up this much was Magnus. Looks like another person should be added to that list, this girl Paget.

"I'm going with them, you guys need to get the hell ooutta here!"

Jewel gaped at Paget. She was like a mother to her, Paget couldn't go!

"Paget no!"

"Fine."

Gage's mouth dropped. Actually for that matter Winston's mouth dropped too. That's it?.....it was that easy? Holy Jesus it was that easy for her to agree to come with them? What was this madness?? He could have saved himself a lot of brain cells if he had just done this from the beginning.

The lead wolf recomposed himself and smirked at Paget. "Well *clears throat* then we have an accord. Boys, lay off the whelps," Winston said and the patrol disassembled to gather back around Winston.

Troy, Tiana, and Roland looked at Paget with shocked scared eyes. "But Page..." Tiana started but Gage quieted her. He understood the consequences if Paget didn't listen to the males. They would have all his friends' necks. He nodded his head to her sadly as he pointed his nose in the other direction.

With sad looks, Troy lead the others away while Gage stayed behind for just a few last words. He turned as Paget licked his nose. He teared up but held it back as he licked her cheek goodbye. The white male started to walk away but then turned back just as the patrol was herding Paget. "I'll come back for you, mark my words Page," he said and with a determined look, bounded away after his friends.

Winston chuckled evilly as he walked up next to Paget and leered at her. "Dun worry love, you'll enjoy your stay at Arranca. Oh and I hope you aren't wishing your friends will save you. We have a score of wolves. It'll be suicide if they even try. Now let's go, father will be waiting for our return. Move out men," Winston said as he turned and started walking back towards pack lands.

The 5 patrol males made a circle around Paget, on all sides as they herded her after Winston. Oh the things that were planned for her. Oh boy.

They walked for a long time, marching up past rushing rapids and treacherous trenches, finally they were in the main pack lands. Winston saw that Wayland and Garz were back and had found booty as well. Many pack members turned their heads to see the arrival of the Alpha's son Winston and what he brought for them.
Paget
Pup

Post by Paget » 27-05-2011 05:18

Paget kept her fear hidden deep inside her. She was, one, too proud to show it, and two, didn't want her friends to see her afraid. It wouldn't give them any more peace of mind.

She was pissed at the group of bullies. Rolling her eyes, she stood nose to nose with their leader.

"A true woman will give her life for her friends."

Her tone was full of poison and hate. She held his gaze as she strode forward, letting them surround her and take her to their home.

It was a long walk. Paget was bored as hell so she decided to try getting on someone's nerves again. With a huff, she sighed a remark.

"Gee, you brutes traveled all this way just to bother us? Waste of time if you ask me..."

She was cut short when they actually walked into their homeland.

"'Bout time..."

She held her head high, in dignity. She was too proud, again, to show any kind of emotion except for her calm disposition.
K.A.T
Beta

Post by K.A.T » 27-05-2011 15:57

"A true woman will give her life for her friends."

One of the patrol wolves sneered at her. "Brave words coming from a captive," he scoffed at her. "You won't be feeling so brave in the face of our Lord Gordon and Her Highness Ragina," another male added with a cackle as they walked with her, flanking her on all sides in case she got any funny ideas of trying to escape.

Winston smirked up ahead as he led the way towards his brothers. She may be a tongue sharp as a sword, but it was obvious when it came to fighting, her tongue was useless. And her tone was full of hatred, laced with ice and poison. Oh how lovely, she'd make a magnificent mate, if only he could break her first.

"Gee, you brutes traveled all this way just to bother us? Waste of time if you ask me..."

One male turned to her and gave her a funny look. "All of this land is Arranca property. You and your friends were trespassing," he said as he closed in on her to make her walk faster to catch up with Winston.

"Bout time..."

Winston found his brothers Wayland and Garz and the three brothers exchanged greetings and high fives. They talked about catching good quarry and such. "So what did you bring Winston? I don't see much," Garz asked as he looked around the clearing for any unfamiliar faces. Wayland did the same. "Garz is right, why do I only see a female among your patrol brother?" he asked.

Winston chuckled and waved a paw at Paget. "That my brothers, is a jewel, a female among females, so fiery and hot she was the highest treasure amongst her bunch of foolish and naive friends. Instead of bringing them to soil our reputation, I chose the best one and saw fit to bring her to our father to present her. Just have a few words with her, she has a tongue as sharp as a sword, mark my words," Winston said with a chuckle as he went to find the alpha.

Wayland and Garz both exchanged looks but stood and walked over to see this "Paget". They shooed the patrol guards away and gave her grins. "Sorry bout those brutes precious. They don't know how to be gentleman. So what's so special about you that caught our brother's attention? Usually I'm the one who chases after the ladies," Wayland said with a wink. Garz laughed as he stared at Paget, looking her from head to toe, his eyes turning hungry. Oh this was a beauty alright.

But before any words could be spoken, a loud howl broke the atmosphere and silenced everyone, the alpha was here. Wayland and Garz sat on either side of Paget, one to keep an eye oh her, and two to keep others away. A path was made, the pack members moving aside as a huge male and beautiful female made their way to the clearing, with Winston at their side. It was Alpha Gordon and his Queen Ragina.

Gordon and Ragina went to their cliff and sat atop of it, dwarfing everyone underneath them. "Arranca has once again prospered. Today my three captains have gone out and brought back recruits with them. We are very glad for they will replenish our lost numbers. My sons, bring your acclaims forward," the alpha's low and commanding tone said.

Winston bowed his head and walked beside Paget. "Be respectful in the presence of the alpha. If I don't hurt you, he'll get someone else instead and I'm being polite," he said to her as he shoved her forward. Garz and Wayland went to get their catch of 5 wolves each. Gordon and Ragina looked with satisfied expressions on their faces until they laid eyes on Paget.

Gordon turned to his son. "Captain Winston, what is the meaning of your catch? Why is there only one? And a female none the less," he said to Winston. Winston, instead of being intimidated by his father's accusations bowed before his father and then raised his head. "Father, I bring to you a treasure, a female who stands out from ordinary females. She was the one I chose from her band of 6 friends. The others didn't prove fit to join our ranks, but she. She single-pawed stood up to me and challenged me. That was enough to allow her into our ranks. I'm sure our other females would agree that a strong-willed and fiery female is always welcome," he said addressing the whole pack.

Many females nodded their heads and Ragina nodded her head as well, smirking. "Well my love, what do you think?" she asked Gordon. The alpha huffed and then got an idea. "Fine Captain Winston. Let us ask another to judge your quarry. Where is my last son? Magnus!!!" the alpha called out in a booming voice. Winston, Wayland, and Garz all tensed up and began to growl, showing their fangs.

The females began to chatter and giggle, gasps and cries. Then the ranks moved apart again and a tall domineering figure strode through the sea of wolves. He didn't say a single word, but his presence commanded attention. All eyes were on him. Males bowed their heads or looked away while females batted their eyes and smiled seductively at him. He paid no heed to them. Once he was at the base of the cliff where the alphas stood he lowered his head as well. "You called Alpha?" he asked in a deep monotone voice that sent shivers down everyone's spine.

Gordon smiled down at his son, pride shining on his face. "Magnus, so good of you to join us. Please give us your opinion on your brother's quarry," Gordon said as he waved a paw at the three brothers. Magnus turned his eyes to the directed, the eerie green seeming to glow in the moonlight. He walked towards the wolves his brothers caught and began to inspect them. Of course he deemed them all trash, but knew that the pack needed numbers and couldn't be too picky.

Then he stood in front of Paget and stared at her carefully. Magnus was a tall imposing male, just a little bit shorter than his father, but he towered over his three brothers. His body was impeccable, not bulky but lean and tone, his muscles ripped underneath his fur as he walked. His fur was a delicious mixture of greys and darks, his eyes and the tear-like markings the only colors of green. His face was stoic was he gazed at Paget. He could see the fire in her eyes, the fight in her, the resistance. Seems Winston did know how to pick his girls.

Magnus held Paget's stare for a while longer then broke away to address Gordon. "I deem them all acceptable Alpha. They may join," he said and a wave of cheers sounded. Gordon let the pack be happy for a moment watching his son and his other sons with a smirk as he thought of what to do with the new recruits.
Paget
Pup

Post by Paget » 28-05-2011 04:51

It irked her that they felt as if they had captured her. She went willingly so technically, she wasn't 'captured'. Paget swished her tail at the comment coming from the brute behind her. They flanked her, she didn't like the closeness they were giving her. Paget liked her personal space, she wasn't a big cuddler...

Paget turned and returned the scoff to the wolf who had done so the her earlier. Flicking her ears and keeping her head high, she responded in her usual tone. Bitchy to them, cool and funny to her. Oh how she LOVED getting on their nerves. It was fun! She made a mental note to herself to try and grow up a little bit, she needed to mature from the stupid jokes before she got herself killed. Her wit, however, took over.

"No matter how big and buff another is, I won't back down..."

That was true. Half due to pride, half to her dignity and strong will. Paget hated losing. In any of it's forms. It left a bad taste in her mouth.

OH? It was their land. They didn't do a very good job of marking border lines... Leave it to Paget to point that out pretty bluntly.

"Well let me ask, what damned idiot is in charge of keeping the borders fresh? They were none as we traveled through here..."

Finally! They reached their home. She huffed and took a look around. The males were eying her like she was some kind of cake. Pigs. She kept her head high and walked with dignity. She refused to look like some slave.

"Sorry bout those brutes precious. They don't know how to be gentleman. So what's so special about you that caught our brother's attention? Usually I'm the one who chases after the ladies,"

Oh now they were hitting on her? Gross. She raised her eye brows and chuckled, amused at his attempt to flirt.

"I dunno, call me 'precious' and wink once more at me and I'll show you..."

She pinned her ears and smirked as she turned her back on the other male. Idiot.

PAget focused on the two alphas on the rock above her. The female was really pretty and the male looked muscular and totally intimidating to anyone who wasn't Paget, who at the moment, gave a big yawn. Walking was tiring!

Paget stumbled slightly as she was shoved from behind. She knew better than to be rude to a higher up but these brutes were on her same level in her eyes. She stopped herself from tearing his ears off and focused on the couple in front of her.

Paget pinned her ears. What was wrong with females?! Nothing, if anything, they used their heads way more often than males. This sexist pack was really getting on her nerves. She was going to speak up and make some insulting remark to Winston about kicking his ass but another wolf called Magnus came up and she caught his eye. They were so green and penetrating... His tone was monotone. No emotion. She rolled her eyes and maybe even gaged a little at the sight of the females staring and giggling as he passed. All she could do was stare at the females and mouth the word 'Wow...' and slowly turn back to face the alphas.

Magnus towered over her. She held his stoic gaze as he inspected her. She scoffed as he 'approved' of her. She felt as if he saw her as an item to be collected, not a being. Jerk, just like the rest of them.

"Well, I'm glad you approve of me..."

Her eyes were filled with a fire that couldn't be matched by the sun. She was pissed. When she was pissed, she tended to be even more big mouthed. Now they were all smirking and looking at her. She shook her head in disbelief. Now what!?
K.A.T
Beta

Post by K.A.T » 28-05-2011 06:52

"No matter how big and buff another is, I won't back down..."

Winston nudged her to be quiet with a glare at her. "That kind of thinking will get you beaten one day, perhaps soon enough," he whispered harshly to her as he glanced at the alpha and at Magnus who wasn't too far away.

"Well let me ask, what damned idiot is in charge of keeping the borders fresh? They were none as we traveled through here..."

Since the pack as cheering, Winston had taken the opportunity to get near the female and snarl in her ear. "Obviously you and your friends don't know your history as this pack was here long before you were born. The entire land here belongs to us and that everyone knows. Those who don't are just asking to get hurt," he said almost spitting down her ear in frustration. This girl was ridiculous and unbelievable. She didn't fear anything, she took this as if it was some kind of big joke.

"I dunno, call me 'precious' and wink once more at me and I'll show you..."

Wayland and Garz were nearby and both scoffed at her bravado. "Good acting precious. It'll take much more than that to scare us away," Wayland said as he shot a murderous glance at Magnus' back.

Magnus in turn, turned his head slightly and fixed his brothers with his stoic green gaze. Wayland and Garz averted their eyes and cursed themselves for fearing their brother. Magnus was second oldest after Winston, Wayland and Garz were the younger two. Though all three brothers feared for Magnus for he was the one with the superior training and fighting skills. Not to mention he was bigger than had those very scary and intimidating eyes.

Some of the females that were ogling Magnus turned and snarled at Paget. A few females walked by her and flipped their tails in her face. "Don't think you're important just because Master Magnus gave you the time of day, watch it little girly," they said and walked off to try and catch Magnus' attention. But the gray wolf with glowing green eyes had his gaze fixed on the night sky and then looked at the alpha, but he looked as if the girls didn't even exist.

"Well, I'm glad you approve of me..."

Gordon and Ragina both smirked down at the brave female. "You should otherwise I'd have Magnus dispatch you himself to save anyone else the trouble. You should be grateful you're living and not in his jaws," Gordon said as he gave his son an approving nod. Magnus nodded his head slightly, green eyes and expression never changing. It was the same, bored, expressionless expression.

Gordon and Ragina had decided to keep the girl, and have someone guard her for such a temper had to be tamed. And who better to tame her than their cold hearted soldier of a son? It was an excellent plan. The little girl's tongue would have no affect on Magnus and he could break the most strong-willed wolf like a twig, having them crying in a few hours. It was perfect.

"Silence! We have decided on a course of action. Magnus, you are hereby charged with the duty of 'protecting' our dear new recruit Paget. Make sure she is safe, and abiding by our rules. Make her feel welcome," Gordon said looking at Magnus.

Winston, Wayland, and Garz all gasped slightly and then their expressions of shock turned into hatred and rage. "But Father please allow me to---," Winston started but was cut off by Gordon. "Silence Captain Winston. Yes you did bring her to me but I am still alpha and I assign Magnus to this job, not you. I have other business for you my boy," he said with a smirk. Winston shut up and exchanged looks with his two brothers.

Gordon turned to Magnus. "Do you agree to this?" the alpha asked. Magnus bowed his head. "As the alpha orders, I shall keep her safe and well," he answered and then turned his luminescent gaze on Paget. Gordon did the same. "Dear Paget, do you agree to these accommodations?" he asked her.

All the members of the pack went silent as they waited for Paget's response. So many of the females were jealous as they glared daggers at the new girl who got Master Magnus all to herself. How dare the new girl get such privileges? They'd give her hell!
Paget
Pup

Post by Paget » 06-06-2011 07:33

[HOLY FUCK IAMSOSORRY]

Her next move was probably her stupidest yet. Paget, in a rage after being flirted with, barred her fangs and without thinking her actions through, lunged at the two scoffing males, aiming for the closest one's stomach. First of all, her fighting was not in it's best condition since she was hungry and worn out, two, she was smaller than them AND out numbered. Stupid woman...

After calming down a bit, Paget rose her brow as the jealous females strutted past her, spitting sassy remarks her way. She bit down on her bottom lip, holding in a small snort of laughter. Who in the hell would want THAT guy? Sure he was tall, dark and handsome but... yeah, whatever. Paget sighed and ignored the females.

Ohhhh shoot. Paget began to feel uneasy and flicked her tail side to side as he mentioned the 'make her feel welcome' part. Gulping, she was hit with a sudden pang of homesickness. She missed Gage and all of her friends. Her family too. But GAge mostly. She never really told him how she felt about him. Paget mentally kicked herself for being so proud, even to him! Maybe she should worry for herself a bit now...

In response to the alpha's question, she replied dryly,

"Do I really have a choice?"

Her voice slightly shaky. Not much, but still noticeable. She took in the glares she was getting from the pack. Mostly females. Ho boy, this was gonna be one hell of a week. She muttered to herself,

"I knew this was gonna be a bad day..."