Goddess of Light, Demon of Darkness (PRP Paget)

The rough mountains of the Hekaya lands, where only the strongest will survive.
K.A.T
Beta

Goddess of Light, Demon of Darkness (PRP Paget)

Post by K.A.T » 26-05-2011 02:44

In the mountains, there is a large pack of wolves. Fairly large, with at least 20 members and still gaining. They are brutish wolves who go around terrorizing neighboring pack lands, defeat the occupants, take their territory and force others to join their ranks.

They are the Arranca, lead by their domineering alpha, Gordon, with his beautiful but vicious mate, Ragina. Their family command the pack, his sons the generals, his daughters the spoiled. Anyone who encounters their pack, will be subjugated to a fight, and if the pack wins, the individuals lose their freedom, or worse death. Arranca are feared among the lands, their name causes little pups to cry at night, mothers to guard their pups cautiously, fathers and brothers to be on their utmost guard. For they never know when the beasts will strike. When the Swords will be drawn and unleashed.

Patrols are sent out every night, at least 10 wolves per patrol with one of the alpha's sons in the lead. They search the lands for recruits and never go back empty handed. After the deadly epedemic that struck the pack, Arranca are in even more dire need of new members to replenish their numbers and the sickly. Luckily for them, and unfortunately for others, all of Gordon's family survived, and are hungry for power.

Unknowing of this terrible pack, a small group of wolves were traveling around. Six friends traveling together to enjoy each other's company, enjoy the sights and just have fun. They were all young and naive, excited at their first taste of being on their own. They families were friends, and so the kids were friends, all growing up together.

There was a perfect balance between the males and females. Three boys and three girls. They were all laughing joyously, having no thought of what would come for them once evening hits. They were just happy-go-lucky and weren't scared of anything, for they were naive youngsters.

Right now, the three boys were trying to show off to the girls their looks and muscles. Looking ridiculous but also making the girls laugh. They have long outgrown kids puppy love and each have developed some kind of feelings for another. One wolf, Gage, the oldest of the group at 3 and a half years old was joking with one of his closest friends Paget. It was obvious to the rest of their group that Gage had a crush on Paget, but was too chicken to admit it. So instead he was the best friend, always caring, always there.

"Man what a beautiful night. You don't get to see sights like this from the pack. This traveling idea of yours was a great plan Paget. You told our families that we would come back and visit them right? Wouldn't want poor mum to cry herself to sleep every night. Alright so what's the plan tonight?" he asked the group but his eyes wandered back to Paget, the lovely girl walking next to him.

Gage was a young chap, handsome in the cute kind of way. His fur was white and he had some orange hair and on his paws, black fur also decorated his neck, his tail and stomach. His eyes were always bright and excited, his personality cute and comforting. The perfect boyfriend material type of guy.
Paget
Pup

Post by Paget » 26-05-2011 02:58

Men and their muscles. Paget rolled her eyes and laughed at the males who were making themselves look like wolf-balloons with their puffed out chests and all.

"Boys and their muscles... You guys look like you're gonna pop at any given time!"

It was a nice night, as Gage had mentioned. Paget smiled and gave one of her witty little remarks as a response.

"Yes, it is a beautiful night. Almost as beautiful as me and my ideas eh?"

She chuckled softly and nudged him playfully. It was a great idea to travel, not a care in the world. Just her and her closest friends. Paget also knew the risks. No one to run to for help other than themselves, and due to Paget's unselfish personality, she'd be the first one to go if something ever happened. Always willing to put her neck out for her family.

Paget nodded, reassuring Gage that they'd see their family again soon.

"Yes, of course I told them!"

Her blue, black and white fur blew in the light breeze. She stood up and stretched her back out.

"Yeah kids, what's the plan for tonight?"

She gave her fur a few quick licks to tame it. It tended to get kind of wild when there was wind.
K.A.T
Beta

Post by K.A.T » 26-05-2011 04:19

(you can control the friends too if you want :D, I'll take Gage, one girl and one other guy, that leaves you with Paget, one girl, and also one guy, but it doesn't really matter)

"Boys and their muscles... You guys look like you're gonna pop at any given time!"

Gage laughed at the other two guys. They were Roland and Troy, males just a few months younger than Gage, but they let him lead the group since he was oldest.

Roland stopped puffing up his furry chest to scowl at Paget. "Aww c'mon Page, ya know the girls dig men with muscles. My mum chose my dad cuz he was the buffest of them all," he said with a boyish grin.

Troy nudged Roland and smirked. "So what I've got more muscles than you. My dad put me through boot camp at home, check out my biceps," he said as he flexed his arm.

Tiana, one of the girls and close to the same age as Troy and Roland giggled at their antics. "Really boys, I can't breathe here, too much testosterone I'm feeling faint," she said and pretended to swoon.

"Yes, it is a beautiful night. Almost as beautiful as me and my ideas eh?"

Gage just chuckle as he heard her. He gave her a wink and laughed good naturedly. "You read my mind my beauty. The night can't get anymore beautiful than you, it's already jealous," he joked as he looked at her. So beautiful. Gage had a crush on Paget every since they turned 1 year old. Now his feelings were stronger, but he was still afraid of being rejected by her.

"Yes, of course I told them!" "Yeah kids, what's the plan for tonight?"

The young male nodded his head and then sat down to get all their attention. "Ladies and gentleman, please calm yourselves so that we may be able to eat tonight. Alright so we're in the middle of nowhere. We'll go hunting, split up into groups of 2 and bring back what you find here near this small stream alright? Let's go then. Troy, go with Tiana. Roland with Jewel, and I'll--" he was cut off by Troy.

"And you'll go with Paget, isn't it how it always is? We get the pairings already Gage. Don't need to remind us of your infatuation," he teased and then nudged Tiana and the two of them left to hunt.

Gage blushed and meekly avoided Paget's eyes.

Elsewhere Arranca had already sent out the patrols. Three patrols tonight. The brothers Wayland, Winston, and Garz were leading the patrols. They were the sons of Gordon and Ragina. Magnus, they're other brother, was back at home training with their father.

The three brothers had their patrols and split up in search of their daily quarry. They were all jealous of Magnus, and were determined to bring enough recruits back to get their father's attention and approval.

Back at Arranca pack grounds, Magnus had just finished training with Gordon, he didn't refer to him as his father but more Alpha. Having coming out victorious, Gordon praised his son and then went of to eat, leaving his son to do what he needed to do. Magnus went to the lake and drank from it. He looked up into the night sky and saw that it was an eclipse tonight. His eerie green eyes stared at the moon. Something was going to happen tonight, he could feel it in his bones.
Paget
Pup

Post by Paget » 26-05-2011 05:02

Paget inwardly cringed at her nickname. Her tail and ears flicked in slight annoyance.

"Oh please Roland that's SO not true! I for one am NOT attracted to that alone."

Page and the friend next to her, Jewel both snickered. The two friends shared a few words about Gage. Jewel was ALWAYS pushing the two together. She knew they'd make an amazing couple. Plus they would make cute babies.

Paget walked over to Troy, eyed him with a raised eye brow, and took a paw and gave his bicep a shove.

"Ohhh you're such a toughie. I'm shakin'!"

She padded off next to Gage, chuckling to herself. Gage spoke and it was a nice, serene complement.

'Aw Gage. That's nice, thank you."

She smiled to herself before giving his cheek a swift lick.

"Ah well, if the boy is in fact infatuated, he's in for a hell of a ride.."
K.A.T
Beta

Post by K.A.T » 26-05-2011 05:42

"Oh please Roland that's SO not true! I for one am NOT attracted to that alone."

Gage smiled shyly at her. "And thus you are wise my dear lady. Any girl with brains would think twice before choosing a mate solely on the size of his drumsticks," he joked lightly with a smile as they padded to hunt. It wasn't as if this was their first time alone.

No, they've been alone before, but this was the first time since he was conscious of his feelings for her. Now things were a bit more awkward then they were years ago. He was nervous he would make a fool of himself and make her dislike him. Or they could run into some other male, a better male and Paget's attention would be stolen.

Ah Gage, lovesick puppy with a fear of rejection. That's how all young males were these days. As many older generations say "They've lost the balls to ask the girls."

'Aw Gage. That's nice, thank you."

Gage went wide-eyed when Paget came over and licked his cheek. He froze in his step and a dopey look came over his face. Lovesick puppy indeed. He swayed on his feet but then managed to compose himself and walk dignified next to Paget.

"Ah well, if the boy is in fact infatuated, he's in for a hell of a ride.."

Gage blushed as he glanced at Paget, chuckling nervously. "I sure hope you're joking Page," he said and placed his nose to the ground to see if he could find a scent of prey anywhere.

Troy was with Tiana and together they were sniffing around the place. Those two were the ones closest to the path the Arranca were on. They would be the first two found.

Roland and Jewel were not far and Roland was still showing off his chest, puffing it out like a frog as he tried to impress the girl.

Meanwhile Wayland's patrol went north, Garz's patrol went south, and Winston's patrol was headed west, in the path of where Paget and her small group where. It was only a matter of time before the Arranca happened up on them.

Gage turned to Paget after having no success. "Sniff anything yet Paget?" he asked as he looked around, suddenly getting a bad feeling in his spine.
Paget
Pup

Post by Paget » 26-05-2011 06:02

She gave a throaty chuckle.

"Ahaha no joke Gage."

Paget focused her senses now on finding food. Her stomach had been empty for a few days and she was hungry. Her nose worked on and found a trail of deer.

"I smell deer this way."

She beckoned him over with her tail and silently moved across the path. Not really focused on her surroundings, she bumped into a few bushes and tripped over a few rocks. Muttering some irritated curses to herself but loud enough for Gage to hear, she continued a little faster. Paget was about to starve.

Suddenly, she saw the young fawn. She huffed, it was tiny, but it would have to do. Paget turned to signal to Gage to keep it down.

"Shhh... See it there?"

Her face was now inches from his. She stole a glance at him but then focused again on the hunt. Her job.
K.A.T
Beta

Post by K.A.T » 26-05-2011 06:46

"Ahaha no joke Gage."

Gage faked hurt and put a paw to his forehead. "Oh be still my beating heart. Have mercy on me my lady. Stop the torture," he said with a hint of a smile on his face as he pretended to be faint.

Then he heard a rumbling noise and glanced at Paget...then at her stomach...and his face cracked into a large grin. "What's that? Did I just hear somebody's belly gurgle? Is somebody hungry?" he asked.

Then another grumble was heard. This time Gage blushed and looked away. "Whoops, looks like this one is hungry too," he chuckled nervously as he then went back to the task on hand: hunting to feed hungry bellies.

"I smell deer this way."

Gage's ears went up."Deer. This far out? Well surprise surprise, lead the way my huntress," he said as he waved her forward and followed after her. He was still uneasy and still couldn't shake the tingly feeling on his spine. Something was off, but he couldn't put his paw on it.

He quietly followed after her, moving when she waved her tail at him. Gage had to hide his chuckle when he saw her trip and fall over various objects in her path. How cute and clumsy, klutzy to boot. But that's what he liked about her. He laughed quietly when he heard her curse at her misgivings.

"Shhh... See it there?"

Gage nodded his head and silently licked his lips. He was about to edge towards the fawn when a piercing shriek filled the air, sending the hair on the back of his and spine straight up.

"YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!

Gage's head shot up and saw the fawn leap away, but he worried about missing dinner. He turned to Paget, his eyes concerned. "That was Tiana's cry. Let's go, I've got a bad feeling about this," he said as he bounded away towards where Troy and Tiana had left them.

As predicted, Winston's patrol group happened upon Troy and Tiana as they were tailing a rabbit. Tiana was so focused on the rabbit that she ran smack into Winston, winded herself and fell on her back.

Groggy she looked up into a pair of cold mean eyes. Winston's face broke out into a cruel smirk and that's when Tiana let the banshees sing. Troy immediately ran to her and pulled her back before Arranca could do anything. Troy stood protectively in front of Tiana but it was obvious that the kid was scared as hell, his legs were shaking as his eyes were darting around, looking at the 5 large male wolves facing them.

Winston chuckled as he eyed the two. "Lookie here boys, a young lost couple of mites. Aww look at the wee boy protecting his sweetie, ain't that sweet boys?" Winston said mocking the two and laughing, the other males of his patrol joining in. One male sniffed the air and smirked at Winston. "Captain, we've got more coming," he said.

Winston's face lite up as he thought of how he could present these young fools to his father. "Excellent, let's give them a warm welcome shall we boys?" he asked them to be answered with a chorus of "Aye!"

Winston, Garz, and Wayland, unlike Magnus, spent time with their mother and was taught emotions and such and so they were cruel and mocking wolves who bullied their quarry with hurtful words and snides.

Roland and Jewel ran towards Troy and Tiana, Gage and Paget were headed to the same place too. The youngsters had no idea what was in store for them, or what kind of place they just stepped paw into. They didn't know it was Arranca territory, they were only kids, but Arranca didn't take mercy on anyone. Besides, Gordon always said that young ones were easier to break.
Paget
Pup

Post by Paget » 26-05-2011 07:01

Paget nudged Gage playfully. Gosh this guy was so damned funny. She laughed at his melodramatic display.

"Oh no, it gets worse, MUCH worse."

Teasingly she strutted forward, just in time to hear him make a crack on her tummy.

"Gage hush!"

She hated it when her wit failed her. Paget was known for her wittiness and strong sarcasm. Her two best traits.

Paget made sure she was not stepping on twigs or anything when she was about to leap at the deer, she heard a scream. Cursing, before realizing it was her friend's shout, she was irritated. Then, her eyes widened and, not waiting for Gage, ran full speed back to her family.

She saw a band of wolves. And then the rest of her friends all huddled up together, scared. Paget pinned her ears and stepped in front of the group of young wolves. Her teeth were bared, as if a mother were protecting her pups. They wouldn't harm them, not while she was still breathing.

"Come near my family, and I will END you..."
K.A.T
Beta

Post by K.A.T » 26-05-2011 19:47

Winston and his patrol were laughing at the young wolves huddled, frightened in front of them when two more showed up. Now that made four of them, two males and two females. All innocent with those big eyes that made them look like a deer caught in headlights.

Winston scoffed at their naivete. God, such foolish youngsters. The males probably never saw a real bloody fight in their lives. Complete fools. His patrol was looking at them with little interest. But he couldn't just ignore them could he? Fate landed them right in his paws, and even gift wrapped them, they weren't even running away, and he was about to turn away? Absolutely not, his father would skin him alive and use his fur as bedding if he did such a thing.

He absent-mindedly wondered if Wayland and Garz had any luck in finding lost strays.

That was before one of the males in his patrol got his attention and indicated two more shapes racing over the plains towards them. Oh there was even more? Man this was his lucky day.

It was a white male and blue female. The male looked tougher than the two cowering at his feet, and the female was all business as she marched right in front of him and planted herself between his patrol and the bunch of sniveling pups.

"Come near my family, and I will END you..."

Winston went silent for a moment. His entire patrol did too. Then suddenly he started chuckling, and that chuckling turned into full blown laughing that his patrol joined in on.

"Ahahaha! Whoa lookie boys, little missie here thinks she will 'END' us if we touch a hair on her friends' heads. Woahahaha! Man that was a good one girl, you sure know how to be incredibly stupid and funny at the same time," Winston said as he cracked up, slapping the ground with is paws. His patrol males were laughing as well, some holding their stomachs from laughing too much.

Half fear and half courage, Gage stepped up next to Paget and bared his fangs at the group of 6 males, all bigger, taller, and packed with much more muscle than him. They were probably all older than them too. "Leave her alone you bullies, pick on someone your own size," Gage said feeling brave.

Winston recovered first and sneered at the little pathetic bunch in front of him. "Oh Gods this is hilarious, I can't wait to tell my brothers what happened tonight. You pup, wanna try me? You definitely look closest to my size. How bout I pick on you instead? And wow, you call yourself males? A girl standing up for ya? Give me a break, it seems a waste of time to incorporate you guys into the great Arranca pack. You might even damage our reputation," Winston said as he thought about it deeply.
Paget
Pup

Post by Paget » 26-05-2011 20:04

"Ahahaha! Whoa lookie boys, little missie here thinks she will 'END' us if we touch a hair on her friends' heads. Woahahaha! Man that was a good one girl, you sure know how to be incredibly stupid and funny at the same time,"

She scoffed and flicked her ears in mock amusement. These were the times her sarcastic remarks got her into trouble.

"Ah well, you know me, always willing to entertain others that are too incompetent to entertain themselves..."

Paget swished her tail and raised her brows, not feeling afraid. Yet. She shot a few glares around at the cackling males. Jerks. Paget glanced to the side as Gage joined her, standing up for her. She didn't need anyone to protect her! That was one thing that annoyed her about Gage, he was too overprotective. It was sweet but totally unnecessary.

As the older male challenged Gage, she laughed, trying ti irritate the newcomer.

"Y'know for being the older wolf here, you should be more mature than to pick fights for no reason. And yes, I would damage your reputation because I'm sure the females you surround yourselves with don't have the guts to fight you."

Paget hated sexist males. They got on her nerves. She took a few steps forward and asked,

"What do you even want from us?"