Moonlit Caldera (Open to all)

The rough mountains of the Hekaya lands, where only the strongest will survive.
toki333
Warrior

Post by toki333 » 18-01-2011 23:42

The lake was getting shallower the closer they got to the shore of the island. Indi, still set on keeping as dry as possible, smiled down at Umbra. He was...interesting... 
Mak wrote:His front paw pad had just found solid footing along the bottom when she asked and he stumbled forward for a second before managing to catch himself.
Insi couldn't hold back a friendly snigger as she noticed Umbra stumble a little. She tried to keep quiet though, and busied herself by jumping to the next stone. 
"We...had issues" He started, trying to find the simplest way to put it. "Aoule never cared about anyone but himself and his legacy, he wanted to be known as the strongest wolf that ever lived, and to have his name live on through his heirs. My parents were monsters in every sense of the word."
Indi listened to his reply to her question, her ears perked at his words.
"I'm sorry," she apologised, though she didn't know quite what she was saying sorry for...sympathy perhaps? Indi considered what he'd told her; maybe that was why he had expected a big reaction at the mention of his father's name when they'd first introduced themselves?
"Well personally I don't care who someone's parents are. Just so long as they themselves are decent," she smiled at Umbra, hoping her words would reassure him.
She leapt to the next stone, just a couple away from the shore now. If she wanted, she could gave waded through to the water from now on, but the lake still looked cold.
"Despite being the runt I grew to be the strongest, my father was proud, I was his legacy, but I refused to become like him, so on a raid of a neighboring pack I tipped them off, and the battle decimated both sides. I was driven off and here I am"
Indi leapt off of the last stepping stone, landing neatly on her feet and grinning at Umbra. He continued his story and she listened as she walked, eager to explore.
Her ears twitched at the last few words.
"Going against your parents takes a lot of guts, and real bravery in your circumstances," Indi commented after a while of silence. "You know...I've never met or even heard of your family, so you don't need to worry about me rejecting you because of it."

Indi lead the way through the trees, inhaling all the fresh scents around her.
"This is really pretty..." she trailed off, wagging her tail as she turned around to smile again at her companion.

However, not looking where she was going, she tripped over backwards, landing on her haunches. She huffed, trying to act like she'd meant to fall over, shooting the overgrown root a glare as she got up again.
"I wonder if there's ant decent prey here?" She laughed nervously. Her stomach growled, reminding her how hungry she was, and her friendly smile turned into a grimace. The last she'd eaten must have been at least two or three days ago...?
Mak
Pup

Post by Mak » 23-01-2011 19:57

"Well personally I don't care who someone's parents are. Just so long as they themselves are decent"

Umbra looked at Indiana, his heart soaring but the only outward sign was a faint smile. He had found someone who knew about his past and didn't care, and unless she planned to run off in the night which he highly doubted, someone sincere and honest herself. He wagged his tail slightly.

"Going against your parents takes a lot of guts, and real bravery in your circumstances," Indi commented after a while of silence. "You know...I've never met or even heard of your family, so you don't need to worry about me rejecting you because of it."

"You don't know how much that means to me" Umbra said as he padded up and brushed her side with his. "You're the first who hasn't fled or attacked, at to be honest, back there on the shore? First time I've ever...had fun, so thank you"

"This is really pretty..."

Umbra had to agree, the area was picturesque, and for some reason he felt happy here, as if finding some place no wolf had been before, a place unspoiled by greed or conflict, a secret hideaway all their own now. "It's prettier with company" He said, glad for the change of subject, but then he realized how his words could've been taken and silently kicked himself. He'd just made an observation, he had had no intentions for a secondary meaning, he didn't want to make it seem like he was...

He shook himself, he was sure it would be fine. He'd murdered, lead raids, fought against terrible odds and he felt uncomfortable looking like a fool in front of a female. He'd never been interested in females, nor having a mate, and he still didn't think that way now, it just felt...odd to him, his whole life was fighting and then running- but now it felt like he'd fought hard enough and ran far enough to be where he could finally be free, why not look for a mate? He shook himself, time will tell.

Umbra twirled around in an attempt to catch her as she tripped, but he was just a little too late. He couldn't help but smirk slightly as she tried to cover it up, hey, she had laughed at him when he was caught by surprise. "Beautiful and dangerous, hm? Such is life. Are you alright?"

"I wonder if there's ant decent prey here?"

She seemed to be fine, and voiced his same concern over food. "Probably closer to the center of the island" he murmured "Only one way to find out" And he took off at a light jog into the island forest. It was a big island, it seemed much bigger now that they were actually on it. It wasn't long until Umbra started to catch the scent of food, not tiny squirrels or rabbits, but goats. "Perfect"

(Gah! Sorry this is so late, I saw it in college and didn't have time to reply and I kinda forgot about it)
ImageImage
toki333
Warrior

Post by toki333 » 23-01-2011 20:35

(FML. I wrote up a big reply to this all descriptive and shiz, and I knocked the back button! D:< So yeah, lame reply coming up.)

The pair continued moving through the forest at a casual pace, Indi paying close attention to her surroundings with a devious smirk on her face.
Mak wrote: "You don't know how much that means to me" Umbra said as he padded up and brushed her side with his. "You're the first who hasn't fled or attacked, at to be honest, back there on the shore? First time I've ever...had fun, so thank you"
Indi laughed nervously as he brushed sides with her, and she arched an eyebrow slightly.
”You’re…welcome?” She answered hesitantly with a chuckle. First time he’d had fun since…forever? She really had her work cut out with him then; she was going to make sure he enjoyed himself for once in his life. If the only thing he took away with him when they departed was how to let loose once in a while, then so be-it.

"It's prettier with company"

Indi smirked to herself, wagging her tail a little, but didn’t comment. Her attention was already straying back to the tops of the trees above her, where birds were perched. She licked her lips when she spotted a squirrel, before glancing over her shoulder to check Umbra was still coming.
Jeesh, you look so uptight, she thought to herself as she watched him, attention back on him again…

"Beautiful and dangerous, hm? Such is life. Are you alright?"
Indi narrowed her eyes at him, shaking herself to get little specks of dirt out of her lilac coat.
”I’m perfectly fine,” she nodded. ”And it’s not dangerous…just overgrown.”

She smiled at him though and gave a quick flick of her tail before putting her nose to the ground and trying to find the scent of any potential food.
"Probably closer to the center of the island" he murmured "Only one way to find out"
Indi nodded in agreement and took off after him at a steady trot, her ears perked and mouth open slightly as she panted. Her stomach growled again and she huffed.
Yes, I heard you the first time, she thought in her mind, rolling her eyes. She stopped when she noticed Umbra had caught the scent of something, or at least had found something interesting.
It wasn't long until Umbra started to catch the scent of food, not tiny squirrels or rabbits, but goats. "Perfect"
”What is?” She asked, padding up to him with a grin plastered on her face. She smelt it too – the trail of scent the goats had left behind. Food.
Mak
Pup

Post by Mak » 25-01-2011 19:51

”I’m perfectly fine,” she nodded. ”And it’s not dangerous…just overgrown.”

Umbra snorted softly. Everything was dangerous. He was dangerous. What he could become was dangerous, the unknown was dangerous. He didn't say all this, however, just continued on.

"What is?"

What is? What wasn't? He supposed he was used to being in groups that all had the same goal, they tended to operate on the same wavelength, but when two were just free spirits it was hard to communicate meanings behind words. "Everything. Easy prey." He moved forward more slowly now, his mouth practically watering from the scent of food. He ducked behind a large bush and peeked his head out. There they were- a small herd of mountain goats, multi-colored but a lot were white colored. "Untouched, unsuspecting...and fat" They were indeed plump. The area didn't show any signs of previous hunters, nothing to trim the herd, nothing to prevent them from eating whatever they wanted. There were a lot of them. He wouldn't feel bad not going for the weakest, although the weakest could very well be the fattest in this case. One could easily fill him up with enough to spare, and two would hold them both over for a night or so.

"Take your pick"
ImageImage
toki333
Warrior

Post by toki333 » 28-01-2011 19:46

Mak wrote:"Everything. Easy prey." He moved forward more slowly now, his mouth practically watering from the scent of food.
Indi wagged her tail moving to his side, ears perking forwards as the scent of goats became stronger. She looked up at Umbra, eyes glinting mischievously.
"Should be easy pickings indeed," she agreed, nodding briefly.
He ducked behind a large bush and peeked his head out. There they were- a small herd of mountain goats, multi-colored but a lot were white colored. "Untouched, unsuspecting...and fat"
Indi followed Umbra, crouching down behind the shrub as she too peered out at the undisturbed goat herd, all round and plump...
"I wonder if they've encountered wolves before? They appear rather relaxed," the female narrowed her eyes, her gaze flitting from goat to goat.
Hopefully they could afford to take a few, as there was at least a dozen there. They would certainly keep them content for a day or two if they could catch one...
"Take your pick"
Indi perked her ears as she studied the goats more closely, her lavender pelt dappled by the overhead trees.
"What about the large white one? It doesn't look like too much of a challenge, but should fill us up well," Indi glanced at Umbra. "Presuming you want to hunt together, that is. I don't know if you want to take down your own..."
Indi focused on her suggested target - an unsuspecting male with a bit of a belly on him. He had his head down, happily foraging in his relaxed herd.

(OMGUH. WHAT IS THIS...I don't even...? Sorry for the fail D: I couldn't think of what to write!)