Loooong time no see.

Come and chat here, have fun!! :D
You can also introduce yourself in the special topic!
Shaydie
The Shadow Hound

Loooong time no see.

Post by Shaydie » 07-01-2013 01:38

-waves-
Am I forgotten yet?
K.A.T
Beta

Post by K.A.T » 07-01-2013 02:28

-waves-

Hiya Stranger :D What's been going on with you?
Shaydie
The Shadow Hound

Post by Shaydie » 07-01-2013 05:25

Oh god where do I start? XD
A lot of stuff. A lot of negative. A lot of positive.

Short version in chronological order:
1. Became depressed, much medical attention ensued, ending in a diagnosis of General Anxiety Disorder and an incidental discovery of a tumor in my brain (which is thankfully harmless)
2. Missed college entrance deadline because of this
3. Gradually worked out of deep depression
4. Got a job as a janitor for my mother's bar
5. Started dating my boyfriend <3 Unfortunately long distance
6. Re-entered college
7. Finalized plans to go see my Daniel during the last weekend of February just a few days ago.

In the meantime I've become a mod and tentative admin for a separate site/group/game. So that's what I've been doing, haha. >>'

Oh and I moved out of my mom's house somewhere in there. Forgot about that. ._.'

How's everyone else?
K.A.T
Beta

Post by K.A.T » 07-01-2013 05:41

Dang Shaydie :o What a ride!

I'm sorry to hear about the negatives, but the positives do brighten things up :D

Glad to hear of the benign tumor and congrats on conquering depression! That deserves a cheer :)

Question how old are you? I've always had the impression you were somehow older than me, but currently I'm a sophomore in college, age 19. So does this mean you're younger?

Happy to hear things are working out for you now :love1:

Let's see, as I said I'm not a sophomore in college, starting my second semester soon. Studying to be a nurse and currently need to focus hard to keep my GPA up so I can get into the program I want and transfer schools on time.

Fortunately my life has not had much drama, besides a few suitemate issues but that's about it. Still single though not bothered by that status.

Really miss RPing with you guys though, that's something I'll admit to. I still color from time to time and check in here to see what's going on :)

Right now all I can say is I need my attention to be on school so I can get through life.

Dunno about the others. I see some pop up from time to time but that's about it. I keep in touch with Kisha on Facebook though so that's nice.
Shaydie
The Shadow Hound

Post by Shaydie » 07-01-2013 06:34

What a ride indeed, haha.
And yep, things are actually going pretty great at the moment. I'm actually 20 by the way, so I AM older than you. :lol: Wasted about a year during my depression so I'm not surprised you're ahead of me by a year. I myself am studying for my bachelors for Game Design. You'll probably have a more certain future than me, but hey, since I'm gonna be doing this job for the rest of my life, I might as well do something I enjoy~

Glad to hear things are good on your end too. Seems like so many people have it hard nowadays.

And yeah, I popped back up because I missed you guys and our awesome RPs. Been thinking about the ones that died (last I was here) quite a lot lately.

Especially Broken Souls. God I miss Cardinal.
K.A.T
Beta

Post by K.A.T » 07-01-2013 19:06

Ho ho then my guess was correct, you are older haha. Then again I'm usually the young one among people I know.

How is college for you? Not too stressful? I have my ups and downs, it's a roller coaster lol :)

And as a nurse I'll have job security, but there's no telling if I change my mind to go somewhere similar in the future :P

I keep coming back because Kisha told posted that if there is no post within 30 days then the site will shut down and I definitely don't want that.

I do miss RPing.... :( It got my brain juices flowing.

Haha I'm waiting for things on Kisha's end to get better, we have two RPs that we don't wanna let go of. :D
Shaydie
The Shadow Hound

Post by Shaydie » 07-01-2013 21:15

XD I'm actually one of the oldest in the aforementioned group. I think there's two older than I am, a few just my age or right around, with about a hundred younger people I have to look after. ^^U Hard job, but they make it fun for me.

College is actually going pretty well. I just got two quarters done with mostly As (somehow I got a D+ in my Game Development course when I had everything in and As on everything ._. Which I'll have to inquire into...) and I'm taking winter off because I'm running out of cash. Plus I want to make time for other things. Summer I'll also be taking off so I can make some serious cash during the bar's hectic season, so that leaves Spring quarter.

But yeah, once Kisha gets back - what's going on with her anyway...? - I'd love to start a roleplay with you guys or continue an old one... Nothing anyone has to be focused on, just something we can come back to every few days and make posts on when we feel like writing. That way no one feels stressed.

I do miss you guys though, haha. Our group roleplays every so often, but it's in-game so paragraphs are pretty difficult to do.
K.A.T
Beta

Post by K.A.T » 07-01-2013 21:45

Haha tough job you got there, being mod and admin for a site. I remember I was made mod once and I had a heck of a time organizing things around the site. Good times hehe :P

Lol how did you make a D+ in your major class? but yay for As hehe

At least you've had job experience. I'm here with absolutely no job experience and I'm gonna try and see if I can get me a job this summer, to have experience working in the hospitals and experience, but it's gonna be tough cuz I need to get certified to be an assistant.

Good luck to both of us in the summer :D

Kisha's having some trouble with life at the moment. Things are happening and she just can't find the time to sit down and RP :( Hopefully things will settle down for her to catch her breath. But I'm pretty sure she'll be back :)

Lol well if you have the time, at the moment I haven't started school yet so I can squeeze in an RP if you'd like. Uh the only one I can think of between you and me is the mature one with Chakora and my mute male. Of course we can always do another one with new characters and all that if it suites you.

Btw what is the other site you manage? Is it based off a game or book?
Shaydie
The Shadow Hound

Post by Shaydie » 07-01-2013 22:17

XD Well I help out around the site and I'm basically chat security in-game, so the biggest problems I ever have is when people are causing trouble and I need to ban or suspend them. Unfortunately the head admin is almost never on, and the co-admin is one of my very good friends. I'm about third in command behind her, so I have to go through one of them whenever I need to make an "administrative decision." :/

Job experience is a must, unfortunately. I ended up working for my mother because no one would take me because I had no job experience - and the fast food industry is not a morally valid option for me. >>' But I mean, I clean bar bathrooms for a living so it's not exactly glamorous. :P I'd advise you to take what you can get if you're gonna be taking a quarter off. Just don't tell them you're going back to college come fall, haha. Generally people don't want to deal with hiring someone who's only gonna be around for a few months.

Sorry to hear about Kisha though. :( Best wishes to her~ :happy:

I wouldn't mind picking up a new RP with ya. :D Chakora's changed quite a bit since I was last here, so I think it'd be weird playing her like I had been.

Aaand I actually manage a large social group on a canine/feline 3D chat game called FeralHeart. The group itself is called The Ebon Circle, or TEC for short. Based on an original species created by the founders, both of which have disappeared. >>' Mostly it's just a big, dysfunctional family. XD Lots of chatting, lots of drama, lots of people helping others. We unfortunately have a bad reputation with the (pompous and egotistical) game mods because a while back we had a few trolls in our midst. Thus we've been condemned to the collective label of "trolls" despite the fact that the offenders have been taken care of. We keep trying to make friends with the mods but they won't have any of it. Especially a specific one who likes to kick our members from the game for simply saying hello to him. Great guy, right?

In any case we also have a forum over here --> http://theeboncircle.forumotion.ca/
You'd have to register to view most of our stuff, but unfortunately it's filtered so we only let people in who have registered with us in-game. I can have Skye let you in if you'd like to have a look around, though.
K.A.T
Beta

Post by K.A.T » 07-01-2013 22:43

Job experience is a definite must, but it's hard to get started when no one wants to give you a shot. Uh I think last summer I applied to be a dog washer at PetsMart and the process was super long, for only a part-time job. In the end I didn't get it cuz they picked someone else with more experience.

Well damn it's not my fault I gotta start somewhere and didn't get a chance to work in high school.

Jobs are hard to come by now with the economy and stuff. Hell I can't work for my mom cuz she works in a bank and they don't take small peeps like me lol. Yeah I agree with the fast food, it doesn't feel right working in there, plus I'm sure I'd be sick from smelling all that oil.

Hopefully once I get certified as a nursing aid some hospital'll let me in either to volunteer to to follow a nurse around for experience.

Yeah hope Kisha's doing well over there :) Living on your own is never easy. Hope you're doing good with that too. :D

Which of your character's free? I'm trying to think of a plot line we could work with too though please let loose if you've got one in mind.

I think most of my characters are idle, although there are a free already in the RPs I have with Kisha.

I look at the site, very nice. I like the organization and the appearances are super.

I think I've heard of FeralHeart although I've only glanced at the site. I don't want to get into anything I know I might not keep up with once the hell of school starts again. :D

Those mods sure sound like swell people, wouldn't want to talk to them on a bad day if that's how they are normally.