Land We Have Created (Amania History, Limits, and Leaders)

All unreal creatures can RP here. This corner is for characters like hellcats, hellhounds, magical beings, creatures of legend, animals with unnatural features and abilities, and animals with magical powers.
Shaydie
The Shadow Hound

Land We Have Created (Amania History, Limits, and Leaders)

Post by Shaydie » 05-11-2009 01:06

The following is an excerpt from The History of Amania, a book made by one of the last of the dragon race that remains in Amania. The story has been passed down through hundreds of generations, and was written down only fifty years ago. The story, although definitely debatable, remains a huge part of Amanian history to this day.

In the beginning, there was one natural dimension: reality. In this world, everything flowed to set rules and regulations, later called science. Water was water, land was land, air was air, and every living creature had a place somewhere within them. These creatures were divided into two factions: carnivores and herbivores. The carnivores ate the herbivores, and the herbivores fed off of the earth. All was carefully set into place, creating what was called the Balance. And all was peaceful...

And then came Man.

Man disrupted the Balance. He destroyed the lives of many of Earth's peaceful creatures, and asserted himself as the ruler of all that he could see. In this way, the Balance of Earth, over many thousands of years, was slowly whittled away to nothing, and Man was left alone. Eventually Man was also put to rest, leaving the burned and scarred Earth to itself, now just a rock in the universe.

However, during the time of the Disruption, when Man became too strong, there were those creatures that were knowledgeable, old ones who knew what would come. In the beginning, each creature had been endowed with a certain inherent and unnatural power, only to be used in times of great and inevitable danger. Having never had to use it, many creatures forgot the old ways, thereby forgetting their powers. However, during the Disruption, there were those among the knowledgeable that still knew of the old ways and could still summon their power. And, in discussing this, they realized that each of their separate powers were only puzzle pieces in a greater, more powerful ability...

The ability to create another earth.

Fifteen creatures assembled at twilight one evening, each bringing several of their species and others who were eager to escape the coming tragedy. First, the dragon, who had hidden from Man long ago, and his family. Next, the wolf, who had also kept away from man, but had risen against him as of late, and his family. Third, the eagle, who had watched the skies, and his family. The others in attendence were the elk and his cousin the deer, cougar, the dog, the dove, the dolphin, the mouse, the weasel, the fish, the horse, the rabbit, and the crow. Others had come, but they had forgotten the old ways, and were of no consequence.

Together, as the sun disappeared beyond the horizon, they began. Each of the original magical fifteen contributed his own power, each complimenting the other. Their world started small, but soon expanded beyond the farthest reaches of the earth and into the stars.

And so the second dimension was created. The dragon, the strongest of them all and the main contributor to this new world, was chosen to name it. He thought for a moment, and a moment more, and then another moment. Finally, he decided. "Amania," he said. And so it was to be.

To this day, the descendants of the original fifteen creatures and their families remain dominant in the world of Amania, which is quite like the original dimension before the Disruption. Together, they maintain the Balance, and seek to repopulate their own Earth, praying... that no man shall set foot in their Paradise.

---

The World of Amania, as a fantastic world beyond the reaches of science, still has its limits.

Powers of each creature can vary (one wolf can control fire while another can control water and another can control the winds), but their powers are often limited to certain degrees - in other words, please be fair. You will be modded if your powers are over the top.

Luckily enough, the amount of magic in Amania has allowed the creation though one way or another certain creatures that have been told of in the World of Man. These can be - but are not limited to - griffins (gryphon, griff, gryff, etc), unicorns, and even multi-tailed foxes. Let your mind run wild!

Each separate species, at least those of the original fifteen, have an Elder, who is essentially the leader of that species. However, these Elders may be traditional leaders, making decisions and laying down laws; or they may just offer advice when needed - this advice is greatly valued by members of the same species as well as other species.

As of now, these Elders are NPCs, and cannot be played. However, if enough people want them, I'd be happy to let a few people play them. Of course, Silver and Nakisha get first pick. If you want to know which species have Elders, see the excerpt above.
Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 05-11-2009 16:59

Beautifully done!!!
I don't think I'll have the time to play an Elder, no matter how tempting... But this is seriously interesting stuff!

Have you ever thought about writing books? :) You have talent!

Also; Profiles for characters with special abilities, which will be RPed here, can be posted in the Amania Character Directory! :)
~When darkness comes, you know I'm never far~
Shaydie
The Shadow Hound

Post by Shaydie » 06-11-2009 03:22

Thanks. X3
And actually, yes I have. :D Its just that once I get going, the ideas in me die and more often than not I abandon them within the first or second chapters.