a eye to life (open for one)

The wide open plains of Hekaya, where many species live together. With wide grasslands and beautiful lakes, a perfect place to live.
toki333
Warrior

Post by toki333 » 20-02-2010 11:55

(Lol I'd just woken up XD I'm fine now, my eyes were just falling shut again lol)

When she blocked his path he growled.
"I need to catch the herds before they move too far away from my territory. I can't wait for other moving ones to come through here. You can either come," he glanced to Derang-C. "Or stay."

He smiled briefly at her.
"Come if you wish. It'd be nice to hunt as a pack for once, instead of just me trying to bring down prey."

Monty stretched, a devious twinkle in his eye. If she came, maybe he could impress her by hunting sufficiently, and offering her all the food she wanted, versus taking his share and leaving her the rest?
damenster
Hunter

Post by damenster » 20-02-2010 13:57

A smile appears around ricras mouth as montego reacts to early. She walks to derang-c and pushes him under the tree there will he be save. then runs she back to montego and pass him. She looks ever her shoulder to see where montego is staying “come on you know where to go to this is your land not mine” says she with a smile.
ImageImage
toki333
Warrior

Post by toki333 » 20-02-2010 14:20

Montego shook his head smiling. She was almost bipolar, but he had to admit it was touching to see her protecting the human.

He wagged his tail and took the lead heading out of the territory, the smell of a male deer in his nostrils. The scent was luring him towards the river which ran through his territory.

He stopped by some long grass and watched the lone deer. It was taking a risk being out alone really, but still...

Then he noticed a harem further down river. The young stag barely had two tines on is antlers, and couldn't have been more than three years old.

But he was in good shape, so maybe whilst he was busy drinking and browsing on the water plants, Monty and Ricra could slip round the back of the herd and pick off one of the females?

He only hoped this herd was staying in is territory for a while, the herds were moving to their summer grounds - his territory just happened to be on the migratory routes.

"Which one do you think?" He asked Ricra, motioning to the oblivious females who were happily pulling up grass and reeds and chewing on them.
damenster
Hunter

Post by damenster » 20-02-2010 15:06

Ricra follows montego everywhere in the long grass till montego asks her witch one they are going to hunt down. Ricra pressed her tail against her belly and walks a little closer to the deer but stays unseen then suddenly did she waggle to make a sound in the grass. Some of the herd did fright from it. with in a blink did ricra target them all but she did see enough. The herds looks over the grass but do not see ricra and continue with they thing. Then did she do it again but now did she see a weak one. She walks back to montego and stays looking to that herd “that one there. It did have a wound on his left hind leg and it is still not completely cured” tells she to montego. She did lose the herd out of her eye side “it is up to you when you want to attack”
ImageImage
toki333
Warrior

Post by toki333 » 20-02-2010 15:12

Montego nodded. Wise choice.
He glared at the injured deer, his hairs prickling. He crouched down and slipped through the long grass.

"I'll drive it towards you, ok? When I say 'run', I'll run out and chase it, and you get into position, ok?" He didn't wait for an answer, he slipped forward again, ears pressed against his skull. He growled slightly in anticipation.

He waited for his target to graze again, turning upwind of him - now he wouldn't be smelled.
The rest of the deer starting dispersing to nibble on the grass further up the bank.
Monty crept forward, his gaze flitting from the doe he was after to the stag who every so often looked up from grazing and drinking to see that his females were alright.

"Run." Montego told Ricra and slipped along the side of the body of the deer herd, keeping low.

He was close to the deer, now downwind of it. It looked up, ears perked, spotted him, then ran in the opposite direction, right towards Ricra...
damenster
Hunter

Post by damenster » 20-02-2010 15:58

So as montego did say did she make her way towards a other death tree and hid behind it hoping that montego will hunt the deer to her place. Suddenly is there the sound of deer steps running to her place. When thy are close did she jump on the tree to let the deer fright from her. When the deer did see ricra did it want to turn right but the ground is to wed to make sharp corners and the animal falls on his side. Ricra jumps in action an grapes the thought of the animal but the deer was still to strong and stands up. Then did it start to jump from left to right and then back. Ricra was not possible to hold her mouth closed and slips away. Her body flys trough the air like it was noting but the was followed by a trail of blood from the deer. she makes a hard landing on the ground and loses her consciousness. Her under jaw was collard red from the deer’s her blood just before she did fly away did her under jaw rib a artery open.
ImageImage
toki333
Warrior

Post by toki333 » 20-02-2010 16:35

Monty flattened his ears as Ricra leapt out at the deer, and it skidded to the floor.
He ran in, ready to make a bite, when it got back up again.

He growled in frustration and followed the deer, whom Ricra was biting in the neck.

He managed to reach the deer and snapped at its legs. The deer's eyes rolled in panic and he tugged at the leg, recieving a kick in the shoulder.

"Damn you!" He snarled. He didn't realise Ricra had been thrown off until he saw a trail of blood from the deer, and her body lying on the ground.

He immediaely stopped and ran to her. He'd catch the deer later.

He poked the female with his paw. "Hey...hey you ok?" He called softly.
Oh, god! He thought. She's dead!
He saw her chest rising and falling though, so he gave her a lick on the face in an attempt to wake her up.
"Wake up!" He growled, gritting his teeth in frustration.
damenster
Hunter

Post by damenster » 20-02-2010 17:12

Ricra lies there on the ground move less and waiting till she opens her eyes again. Not far away sound a sound of a big animal that did fall down like a big bag. It did take some time till ricra open her eyes again an whines softly. She was not wounded but the landing was not really soft
ImageImage
toki333
Warrior

Post by toki333 » 20-02-2010 19:30

Montego ran after the deer, snarling. The herd dispersed, and he kept on target. He snapped at the deer's legs again, and it fell.

Monty smirked triumphantly and pressed a paw on the deer's neck before biting it, ending the kill.

He glanced over at Ricra, who appeared to be coming to.

He ran over to her, tail low and he nuzzled her. "Are you alright? Do you need a drink?" He motioned to the carcass with his muzzle. "I've killed it, eat."
damenster
Hunter

Post by damenster » 20-02-2010 19:50

ricra makes slowly her way towards montego, she whines soft and looks to montego with pain and sad eyes. Montego did invite her to eat from the deer she looks to the deer and then towards the pack land “what about derang-c he needs also to eat” did she say again montego and steps towards the hind leg and trays to remove it from the body. Then did she self start to eat from the deer. she trays to make her way quickly towards the liver. As she arrives at the liver did she rip it out the deer his body and ripped in 2 parts one part for her self and the other for montego. But sins he is an alpha will he not be happy with it.
ImageImage