Little Wanderer (PRP with alakai)

The wide open plains of Hekaya, where many species live together. With wide grasslands and beautiful lakes, a perfect place to live.
alakai
Beta

Post by alakai » 02-01-2010 21:39

Accalia stirred as Lakota woke, startled. She only half-opened her eyes as she watched him. He stared off into the distance, glancing down at her.

Once he closed his eyes again she sat up and yawned. It was only a few hours until sunrise, and she flattened her ears.
"Were you dreaming?" She whispered to the male; whether or not he heard her in his sleep was another thing. She stared out at the plains before her, the soft breeze making her white and golden fur ruffle.
She looked up at the moon, which was now disappearing behind dark clouds. Rain...
Accalia curled her fluffy tail around her paws as another gust of the wind, stronger than the last and much, much colder, blew over her.
Despite the nippiness suddenly, Accalia could feel the tension in the atmosphere.
"There's going to be a storm, I reckon," she muttered, glancing down at Lakota.
He lifted his head when he heard her voice, looking at her sleepily." Ya, a bad one at that. Sorry if I woke you." he said, then licking her muzzle softly. He snuggled against her closer, trying to keep not only himself, but her warm from the chill of the night. He again looked towards the sky, and he too, saw the clouds starting to form." I think we should find somewhere else to stay, at least with more cover. What do you say?" he asked her, nuzzling her cheek. He slowly rose to his feet, and shook his body, freeing himself of sleep and dust particles. He waited for her to follow, and lazily looked across the plain, the wind starting to pick up even more. Even with his thick underfur, he still felt the chill of the air on his skin.
Image Image
toki333
Warrior

Post by toki333 » 03-01-2010 04:25

He lifted his head when he heard her voice, looking at her sleepily." Ya, a bad one at that. Sorry if I woke you." he said, then licking her muzzle softly. He snuggled against her closer, trying to keep not only himself, but her warm from the chill of the night. He again looked towards the sky, and he too, saw the clouds starting to form." I think we should find somewhere else to stay, at least with more cover. What do you say?" he asked her, nuzzling her cheek. He slowly rose to his feet, and shook his body, freeing himself of sleep and dust particles. He waited for her to follow, and lazily looked across the plain, the wind starting to pick up even more. Even with his thick underfur, he still felt the chill of the air on his skin.
Accalia wagged her tail. "It's cool. And I'm a light sleeper anyway, wake at the slightest noise."

She yawned and stretched before giving Lakota's ears a few licks. "I see a nice ditch there with surrounding rocks. That could provide some shelter, even a temporary den."

She sniffed the breeze. "Yeah...definitely a storm."

Referring back to his dream, Accalia flattened her ears. "Do... you want to talk about it?" She asked, her fluffy tail wagging reassuringly.[/quote]
alakai
Beta

Post by alakai » 04-01-2010 00:25

Accalia wagged her tail. "It's cool. And I'm a light sleeper anyway, wake at the slightest noise."

She yawned and stretched before giving Lakota's ears a few licks. "I see a nice ditch there with surrounding rocks. That could provide some shelter, even a temporary den."

She sniffed the breeze. "Yeah...definitely a storm."

Referring back to his dream, Accalia flattened her ears. "Do... you want to talk about it?" She asked, her fluffy tail wagging reassuringly.
"That would be nice, but if it is a nasty storm, surrounding rocks don't feel 'safe' enough." he said, pointing out a fact. When he first walked through the forest, he did find a suitable spot that was under a great big tree, its roots acting as the ceiling, and the soft dirt acting as the ground and the walls." C'mon, follow me. I know somewhere we can stay. It's just up ahead." he said, with a swish of his tail, he took off in a steady trot. The storm was looming closer, and he could start to see lightning in the distance, and the distant rumble of thunder. this is definitely going to be a nasty storm. he thought to himself as he continued on. He looked back over his shoulder to see if she was following or not, when the tree he found was just ahead." Here it is. I think this would be suitable for both of us." he said with a smile upon his maw.
Image Image
toki333
Warrior

Post by toki333 » 06-01-2010 09:59

"That would be nice, but if it is a nasty storm, surrounding rocks don't feel 'safe' enough." he said, pointing out a fact.
Accalia's ears flickered and she smiled.
"Good point. Any suggestions? I don't think the plains are going to be of much use as far as shelter goes, being honest," she sniffed and scratched behind her ear with her hind leg.

When he first walked through the forest, he did find a suitable spot that was under a great big tree, its roots acting as the ceiling, and the soft dirt acting as the ground and the walls. "C'mon, follow me. I know somewhere we can stay. It's just up ahead." he said, with a swish of his tail, he took off in a steady trot. The storm was looming closer, and he could start to see lightning in the distance, and the distant rumble of thunder. this is definitely going to be a nasty storm. he thought to himself as he continued on.
Accalia smiled and perked her ears. "Sounds good," she grinned and followed him, staring up at the sky with her lips parted slightly in awe at the rumbling, dark clouds gathering across the cobalt sky.
"Hopefully it'll soon be light," she murmured and trotted to catch up with Lakota.

He looked back over his shoulder to see if she was following or not, when the tree he found was just ahead." Here it is. I think this would be suitable for both of us." he said with a smile upon his maw.
Accalia wagged her tail and gave his cheek a quick lick after loping to walk side by side with him.
"Aw it's perfect!" She grinned and sniffed the tree roots. It smelt warm and safe.

Suddenly there was a loud rumble of thunder and she felt her hair stand on end and she laid her ears back.
"We best make use of this cover then. At least it's not a lone tree - that would make us the prime target for lightning," she slipped under the roots and yawned, tucking her paws under her chest and staring out at the forest. "Coming in?" She pressed.
alakai
Beta

Post by alakai » 07-01-2010 03:47

Accalia wagged her tail and gave his cheek a quick lick after loping to walk side by side with him.
"Aw it's perfect!" She grinned and sniffed the tree roots. It smelt warm and safe.

Suddenly there was a loud rumble of thunder and she felt her hair stand on end and she laid her ears back.
"We best make use of this cover then. At least it's not a lone tree - that would make us the prime target for lightning," she slipped under the roots and yawned, tucking her paws under her chest and staring out at the forest. "Coming in?" She pressed.
He watched her slip into the makeshift den, and with one last look at the sky, he too, slid into the den, laying down beside her. The dark clouds got even closer, the rolling thunder getting louder. Streaks of lightning shot across the sky, causing the ground outside the den to light up like it was day. The storm didn't really concern lakota, his main concern was keeping warm. He laid close to accalia, resting his head against her neck, his left front paw resting on top of hers. As the storm grew worse outside, the wind blowing hard, the rain coming down even harder. Inside the den under the great oak, two bodies were keeping nice and warm, snuggled up against each other. Lakota dreamed once more, but for the first time, it was a good dream, a, happy dream. And in his sleep, a smile appeared upon his maw. He nuzzled accalia's cheek, giving it a soft lick.

When he awoke the next day, all was quiet, the only sounds coming to his perked ears were the sounds of the birds singing their morning song. His head rose up, and let out a great yawn, each of his pearly fangs glinting from the morning light. He looked down and watched accalia continue to sleep beside him, and he bent down and licked to top of her head. He slowly got to his feet, trying not to wake her, and made his way outside. He stretched his long body, feeling his bones popping. Sighing in relief, he went off to search for some breakfast for not only himself, but for his mate.

((If this sounds, like completely outta wack for you, just let me know and I'll retype it.))
Image Image
toki333
Warrior

Post by toki333 » 07-01-2010 12:09

((No, no it's fine! So kewt :P ))

He watched her slip into the makeshift den, and with one last look at the sky, he too, slid into the den, laying down beside her. The dark clouds got even closer, the rolling thunder getting louder. Streaks of lightning shot across the sky, causing the ground outside the den to light up like it was day. The storm didn't really concern lakota, his main concern was keeping warm. He laid close to accalia, resting his head against her neck, his left front paw resting on top of hers. As the storm grew worse outside, the wind blowing hard, the rain coming down even harder. Inside the den under the great oak, two bodies were keeping nice and warm, snuggled up against each other. Lakota dreamed once more, but for the first time, it was a good dream, a, happy dream. And in his sleep, a smile appeared upon his maw. He nuzzled accalia's cheek, giving it a soft lick.

When he awoke the next day, all was quiet, the only sounds coming to his perked ears were the sounds of the birds singing their morning song. His head rose up, and let out a great yawn, each of his pearly fangs glinting from the morning light. He looked down and watched accalia continue to sleep beside him, and he bent down and licked to top of her head. He slowly got to his feet, trying not to wake her, and made his way outside. He stretched his long body, feeling his bones popping. Sighing in relief, he went off to search for some breakfast for not only himself, but for his mate.
Accalia wagged her tail slightly as he joined her in the makeshift den. She snuggled into Lakota, his warmth comforting her. He wasn't the monster he said he was, surely. As the lightning lit up her surroundings, Accalia's ears perked. The storm didn't scare her, she was more concerned about keeping dry and not getting caught in the open. One thing that always hung in her mind was someone from her old pack had told her that, during a storm, make sure you weren't the highest thing in the area - it made you a prime target for lightning. Though, as Accalia rightly knew, you were more likely to be bulldozed by ranch-escaped cattle than be struck by lightning.

She felt Lakota's headed against her neck and she watched him from the corner of her eye, a smile growing on her face.
As he rested his paw on top of hers she lay her head down on her paws, the sound of the rain sound sending her to sleep, the hissing of the trees being pelted by all elements a soft, calming sound to doze off to.
Her dream was a tormented and confusing one. Figures appeared in it, figures she felt were familiar but... couldn't quite remember who they were.
Her old pack?
And then a figure she could name quite well - Lakota. She ran to Lakota and her old pack looked disappointed, their ears flattening. Then, Accalia felt something was wrong. Her pack started snarling, and her stomach churned with fear as they ran it her. The realisation that her pack likely wouldn't accept her back was a cold truth.
In the real world, she snuggled into Lakota, lips parted slightly as she whimpered.

In the morning, when her new companion headed off to find food, she woke slowly and uncertainly, sure that her dream was real, that she had met her old pack. She stood up and padded into the clearing nearby. The air was fresh after the storm and she yawned and stretched. She sniffed around for Lakota's scent, and that of stranger wolves.
She smelt neither.
Accalia frowned. Was Lakota a dream too?

She sniffed the air and caught a drift of his scent, and trotted off to find him.
alakai
Beta

Post by alakai » 30-12-2010 06:18

In the morning, when her new companion headed off to find food, she woke slowly and uncertainly, sure that her dream was real, that she had met her old pack. She stood up and padded into the clearing nearby. The air was fresh after the storm and she yawned and stretched. She sniffed around for Lakota's scent, and that of stranger wolves.
She smelt neither.
Accalia frowned. Was Lakota a dream too?

She sniffed the air and caught a drift of his scent, and trotted off to find him.
Lakota came upon a big open field that stretched for miles. He could see in any direction until he couldn't make anything out anymore. But his main focus right now was finding a good meal for him and his wonderful, beautiful mate accalia. He scanned the horizon until he spotted a herd of white tail deer foraging in the grass fifty yards in front of him. He skimmed through the herd with his keen eyes, looking, identifying a potential prey. He was looking for either an old, withering one, or one that has fallen ill, in which would be easier for him to catch, and kill quickly. He finally spotted one that was a little ways away from the group, it was a stag with a large antler rack. He could smell the disease in the stags joints. easy kill lakota thought to himself with a smile.

He started making his way through the tall grass towards the herd, trying to stay as quiet as possible. Every now and then he'd stick his head up to catch his bearings, making sure he was still heading in the right direction. He caught the scent of the injured stag and honed in, taking light steps as not to spook the stag just yet. He hunched down low, bunching his legs, readying himself to pounce, not for the kill, just yet, he wanted to spook his prey, to run him till he was tired, so he wouldn't put up much of a fight. When he thought the moment was right, he lunged towards the stag, snarling and baring his fangs. The stag, startled by the sudden lunge staggered for a brief moment before he took off, sprinting away from the hunter, in hopes of escaping with its life. Lakota chased after the stag at a quick trot, but not a full run, so as to conserve his energy and stamina, so he could easily take down the large stag. The stag zig zagged back and forth, trying to lose its pursuer, taking sharp turns, jumping over large rocks, trying anything to lose his pursuer. After about an hour of chasing the stag, he saw the stag slow a little, panting heavily, and his moment came. He burst into a full sprint, and quickly caught up with the stag, and then lunged at him, taking a quick bite into the stags rear leg, just enough to cause inflicting pain, and to bring the beast down quickly, so he could quickly latch his jaws around the stags throat. The stag suddenly felt an excruciating pain in his rear leg, then was gone, but as soon as he put pressure on it, he crumpled, and hit the ground hard, and he slammed his head down on the dirt in a pile of dust. As soon as the stag hit the ground, lakota was right there and quickly grabbed onto the stags neck and bit down hard, his vice like grip holding the neck firmly between his jaws, cutting off the flow of oxygen to the stags brain. After about 15 minutes of waiting, the stag took its last breath and finally sagged, its tongue hanging out of its mouth." Piece of cake." he panted, then let out a hearty laugh.
Image Image
toki333
Warrior

Post by toki333 » 30-12-2010 13:16

Accalia had followed the male's scent to a large open plain, seemingly undisturbed. Flattening her ears nervously she stepped out into the open, scanning her surroundings.

A small white tail deer herd was peacefully grazing ahead of her, and her stomach churned with hunger. Perhaps Lakota was hungry too?

Accalia watched the herd for a while, watching for any young, old or weak ones. What appeared the main stag of the herd didn't look so fit himself, and a lot of the does were not in such a good shape.
"I should be able to bring one down. A small, weak one," Accalia licked her lips nervously, and picked out a target. Slipping downwind of the herd, she moved silently but quickly. Her fur bristled with the adrenaline running through her as she stalked closer to her prey.

Suddenly, the herd started, and the injured stag darted out of the group. The females lifted their heads, eyes wide as they ran in the opposite direction. Accalia growled in frustration as she turned to chase after her prey, until she noticed Lakota following the stag.

She watched him, wondering whether to help or not. He seemed to have everything under control, however, and before long the stag had stumbled and fallen to the groud.
He made it look so easy, she thought as she padded over to him, ears perked in interest as she watched him suffocate the stag to death.

"That was um...a good catch," Accalia cleared her throat as she approached, head lowered slightly. She wagged her tail briefly, the smell of the blood from the deer making her stomach growl again.
"Guess you had the same idea as me?" She laughed nervously, then gave her mate a quick lick on the muzzle.

(grah fail post is fail)
alakai
Beta

Post by alakai » 31-12-2010 01:08

"That was um...a good catch," Accalia cleared her throat as she approached, head lowered slightly. She wagged her tail briefly, the smell of the blood from the deer making her stomach growl again.
"Guess you had the same idea as me?" She laughed nervously, then gave her mate a quick lick on the muzzle.
Lakota was still panting over the freshly killed stag, now figuring out how to drag this thing back to the den, when he suddenly heard a female voice behind him. His ears perked and quickly turned around to see his mate standing there." Well good morning sleeping beauty. I was hoping to get this back to the den before you woke, but I guess that's not going to happen now!" he chuckled. Accalia then approached him and licked him on the muzzle, and he returned the lick and caressed her muzzle with his, showing his deepest love for her." Well, since your here now, lets just go ahead and eat this big beast right here. How's that sound?" he said with a slight wag of his tail. He then began to tear into the stags belly, easily ripping open the belly with his sharp k9's, getting to the more delicious, rich meat inside. He began ripping chunks off the bones, gulping them down, his bloody muzzle diving back in for some more meat. He paused for a moment and looked around the plain, as a slight breeze began to blow, ruffling his black fur, making it seem like his fur was dancing in the wind. its turning out into a beautiful day... he thought to himself before he stuck his bloody muzzle back into the carcass for some more delicious meat.
Image Image
toki333
Warrior

Post by toki333 » 31-12-2010 02:35

"Well good morning sleeping beauty. I was hoping to get this back to the den before you woke, but I guess that's not going to happen now!" he chuckled. Accalia then approached him and licked him on the muzzle, and he returned the lick and caressed her muzzle with his, showing his deepest love for her. "Well, since your here now, lets just go ahead and eat this big beast right here. How's that sound?"

Accalia wagged her tail side to side as he caressed her tenderly with his muzzle, adding a soft lick for extra measures. She closed her eyes briefly, before he spoke again.

"Sounds good," she smiled in reply, sniffing the carcass gingerly before pulling at the flesh with her teeth, growling slightly in anticipation.

As her mate got stuck in beside her, she headed straight for the best parts - the nutricious organs - all the while her stomach continuing to groan to remind her just how it needed to be filled.

When the gaping hole in her belly was indeed full, she sat back on her haunches, staring up at the sky before smiling at Lakota, her tail wagging slightly at her side.
"Well that certainly was satisfying," she mused, then stood up to stretch. "Thank you."

Above in the sky there were no clouds - just the burning white sun and a few birds dotting the blue. A gentle, refreshing breeze rolled over the plain, ruffling both Accalia and Lakota's fur.

There was a pause for a moment as Lakota observed the plain as well, before delving back in to eat.

I'm sure I can make room for seconds, Accalia thought to herself, nosing around the carcass before tearing at more of the meet, her muzzle stained red with the blood.

When she was sure she couldn't eat any more, and her belly had swollen quite a bit, she yawned, backing away to wait for her mate to join her. The memories of her dream came back to plague her again, and as she wondered what the pair would do today, she also wondered whether or not she should continue her search for her family.

Everything had happened so quickly - finding Lakota, the uncertainty of everything, deciding the pair of them would be mates...
It was as if something was deciding for her.

Fate? Hah. Nonsense. Probably just the winds of change.

"I don't think I'm meant to find my pack," Accalia voiced her thoughts aloud. "I had a dream. I wasn't wanted. I think the dream was right - they may not recognise me or accept me back into them if I do find them. And...who knows where they could be?"

Giving a small whimper to herself, the female sat down, glaring at the ground. At least she had Lakota. He cared about her, she cared about him. They'd stick together. They each had their own troubles, but that was ok. Both of them were coming to terms with them.

It'll be ok.