A Meeting of Two Worlds (PRP Kat)

The wide open plains of Hekaya, where many species live together. With wide grasslands and beautiful lakes, a perfect place to live.
Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

A Meeting of Two Worlds (PRP Kat)

Post by Nakisha » 28-12-2011 19:39

The world was covered in snow, a white glow everywhere, making the forest seem lighter then normal at this time a year. And while some would consider it beautiful, or even romantic... it was a pain to those trying to hunt, trying to go unnoticed.

Sienna plowed through the fresh snow, which came all the way up to her knees.

It had been a hard winter so far; the cold had set in too early. And it would just be a month or two before midwinter, the scares season, ánd the breeding season, would start. While she had no intentions breeding this year, just like the years before, she knew she had to be prepared for it all. She had to be ready; have a good hideout, have enough food...

Usually, in this time of year, there wasn't any snow yet. Usually, the hard and scares times started a few weeks later.
This was the time to start stocking up food... but with the early snow, it had been hard to stock up much. Her special hideout to stock food only held one measely rabbit, and she had been forced to eat some of it this morning...

She had lost weight. Not too much, but enough to show; her ribs could be faintly seen, showing through her rather thick winter fur.

And she was HUNGRY. Good grief, was she HUNGRY....
She hadn't had a proper meal in a day or three, and the weeks before hadn't brought her much either.

She was now making her way to the herd's grazing grounds.

It was a bold plan, trying to take out a doe all by herself. She didn't have the strength for it, and she knew it. It was a desperate mission. Plus, the herd was better prepared for winter then she was, and they where fat and healthy at this time. But what other choice did she have? Little animals showed themselves this time of year... there hadn't been enough small critters to feed herself with, and there where no young calves at this time.
It was her only chance...

She gulped; not much further... and she was already getting nervous.
She smacked her lips from hunger, the scent of the herd already in her nose.

As she reached the open plain, she crouched down, ears flattend. This was it...

Step by step, she stalked closer to the herd, watching them carefully, trying to pick out an animal. But it was hard to find one; the young bucks where in great condition, and she didn't feel like getting a hit with their antlers.
The does looked just fine as well. Healthy, shining coats... no signs of sickness or weakness...

Oh, for... there had to be ONE weak animal, right?!

Impatiently, she layed down, forcing herself to take the time to pick the right prey. Her stomach rumbled softly; her eyes narrowed.

She was more then just eager. She was driven by pure hunger, pure desperation. If she failed today, she'd go hungry again. Her energy would be soon drained if she didn't eat something quickly... and if she became weaker, her chances at hunting would drop even more.

It was now, or never....

She finally decided on a doe; it wasn't sick or weak, but it was the oldest she saw. Hopefully, she'd be able to bring it down.... alone....

She sneaked up to it, step by step, going unnoticed.
As a lonewolf, she knew how to hunt. But she also usually didn't hunt the deer, unless there was a sick or wounded one in the herd. It was a very hard task for one lone female to take down prey this size....

But it wasn't her day.

Just a few more feet from the aimed spot, a doe lifted her head and snorted. The herd became restless; Sienna knew she was spotted...

... but it was too late to stop now.

She darted from her hiding, without a sound, going straight for her target. She had to cross a longer distance now, and that was yet another misfortune.
The doe she had picked leaped high up, as did the others; the entire herd was on the move...

She forced herself to go faster, to pick up the pace. And, much to her excitement, she gained ground....

The chase took longer then anticipated; normally, she would have given up. But she couldn't do that this time, and each step she took took her closer... and closer...

She finally got close enough; she nipped at the heels of the elder doe, snarling. The animal kicked; Sienna only barely dodged.
She tried again; she leaped at the doe's rear, trying to catch on. Another kick; she was forced to let go and give chase again....

It was at that moment that she noticed movement in the corner of her eye; she turned her head briefly, not wanting to loose focus...

With a gasp of shock, she saw the leading stag running her way, antlers down and ready to fight.
The stag burled loudly, challenging the predator openly. This was his herd; he was the protector and ready to do what had to be done.

She turned sharply to the doe's other side, trying to keep the doe between her and the stag. Of course, the doe wasn't that thick; she turned away... and the stag came right at her.

In one last, feeble attempt, unwilling to admit defeat, UNABLE to admit defeat now that there was SO much at stake, she went for the doe again, one, last time...

The stag was too close now; as Sienna managed to bite down in the doe's hip, she knew she had made a mistake. The stag slammed his head against her body and pulled his antlers up, lifting her weight easily.
She whimpered loudly and was send flying, just for a moment, before hitting the ground quite hard.

She rushed back to her feet, knowing the stag wouldn't back down now, her side feeling bruised and the air knocked out of her lungs. She leaped forward, trying to get away... when the stag attacked again.

She leaped out his way just in time, with a miraculeous, spectaculair jump that looked a lot like a rabbit's deathjump, her body twisting, her tail twisting to keep balance. The stag dug his hooves into the ground, turning sharply. He snorted, he burled loudly; he stomped the ground with his hooves and attacked once more. Sienna gasped; she had to get out of here..!!!

She kicked off with her hind legs as hard as she could, making a run for it. But it was useless; the stag was too close and too fast.
Antlers lowered, he charged and hit her hip this time; she was tossed to her side, and from the sheer power of the blow, was send tumbling like a ragdoll, until she came to a stop on her back.

- ''AAAAAAHHH!!!''

She stared up in horror; she saw nothing but the chest and belly of the large stag and his hooves coming down for her....

She tried to roll aside, but couldn't save herself in time; one of his front hooves stomped down upon her left front leg before she could get it out of the way.
The pain was intense; she tried to scream, but no sound came out. For a second, she feared her leg was broken....

She snarled without a sound, in fear and terror, as the stag towered over her.

This was it. He was going to kill her...

The stag already lowered his head again, ready to slam those antlers into her body again, when the sound of screaming does filled the air.

The stag raised his head; his interest in Sienna was gone for a moment.

She took the opportunity and tried to crawl away, her one front leg feeling useless. But at least it didn't seem broken....

She gasped in terror as the stag turned his head back to her; however, his does where running off, probably chased by another predator... and he couldn't take the time to finish her off...

Her body began to shudder uncontrollably as the stag turned and ran after his herd, the tention slowly flowing from her muscles.
She tried to get up, but yelped in pain and sunk back in the snow.

She looked down at her leg in terror. With a shock, she acknowledged the fact that she was helpless... unable to get up. Unable to walk...

She knew that the laws of nature where hard. If she couldn't walk... her faith would be to freeze to death, right here.

Whimpering, she tried to get up several times, her leg giving in each time, and her body now weak from the energy she had lost during the hunt and the battle. She was drained; she slowly sunk on her side in the snow, panting.

This was it....

... she wished the stag had just killed her. It would have been over quickly.
Now, she could only wait for a cold, painful death.
~When darkness comes, you know I'm never far~
K.A.T
Beta

Post by K.A.T » 28-12-2011 20:33

(whoa that was intense :) )

Noses to the ground, tails slowly brushing the snow and ground, making scents fly and arousing the dog's sensitive sense of smell. The dogs were quiet, making little noise as they searched for their quarry.

The village dogs were on a hunt. A snow season had come in, the grounds now all white and fluffy. The villagers decided it was time to restock their pantries and their bellies with good food before a cold season hit them unexpectedly.

With that thought in mind, the villagers, the men of course, took their dogs and went out to hunt some deer.

Along the way they were successful in minding some small mammals. A few rabbits, a fat squirrel, a wild pig. They needed some big game animals though to last them. The elder of the village foretold a storm to come and for white to trap them in their houses for a few days.

Seeing as the elder has never been wrong in her predictions, everyone pitched in to help hunt.

The dogs were now on the scent of the deer herd. A female German shepherd Bermese Mountain dog mix was at the head of the pack, Nicoletta, 6 years old but was still considered one of the finest trackers in the pack. She lead the search while a grey and silver colored male was right behind her. One of her sons, Sergio. The greyling was a good hunter and once Nicoletta found the trail, he would set the pack in that direction.

"Mother, why did Nigel stay behind?" Sergio asked his mother, faking nonchalant as he kept sentry as she sniffed.

Nicoletta chuckled lightly as she picked up a scent and answered her younger son.

"Nigel stayed behind to train some pups and to pupsit them. With all the extra puppies being born," she threw him a look at which he turned away, "it's obvious that the females would need help looking after them with majority of the males out hunting," she answered him.

Sergio flushed a bit at his mother's knowledge of his...mating habits. It was partially him and his friends' fault for the cause of more puppies. Well the village needed more anyway....

Nicoletta froze, her brown ears went erect, her tail fanned out straight as she found the scent. With a bark she notified Sergio and plowed off in the direction of the scent. Sergio echoed her bark and the rest of the pack followed with the humans not to far behind pulling some sleds to hold the catches.

The dog pack ran through the snow, some smaller and heavier ones falling deep and had to spend some time getting out, but those were lighter and taller raced ahead as others stayed behind to help their comrades.

Nicoletta happened on a sight. Looks like someone beat them to the herd already. As she and the dogs came down a slope towards where the deer herd was running to, she saw the lead buck towering over a small figure. A grey and sienna colored wolf by the looks of it.

"Dogs, after the herd!!" Sergio called out from behind his mother as he and some others ran after the buck who thought better of stomping the wolf and running off after his herd.

While her son and the other dogs went after the herbivores, Nicoletta ran towards the wolf. It was injured and whimpering in pain.

"Hey! Are you alright?" Nicoletta asked as she came to a stop beside the wolf. The dog's eyes quickly scanned the wolf. She was a female wolf, hungry and weak by her physical appearance.

Immediately Nicoletta barked to her owners to come.
Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 28-12-2011 20:49

"Dogs, after the herd!!"
Sienna's ears perked; her eyes shot wide open.
DOGS?!!!

She realized in a split second that huntingdogs had indeed arrived. And where there where dogs... there where men.

She struggled, trying to get up and whimpering in pain.

Dogs and humans usually didn't treat wolves very kindly. She had heard of wolves being torn to shreds by large packs of huntingdogs or shot by hunting humans. And even now, now she knéw she was going to die anyway, her will to live sparked as she desperately struggled, without result.
While her son and the other dogs went after the herbivores, Nicoletta ran towards the wolf. It was injured and whimpering in pain.

"Hey! Are you alright?" Nicoletta asked as she came to a stop beside the wolf. The dog's eyes quickly scanned the wolf. She was a female wolf, hungry and weak by her physical appearance.
Sienna snarled in panic as the dog reached her, green eyes wide open, kicking off the ground to get backwards. It was the strong instinct telling her to flee, to get out of here...
The dog... she was female, and bigger then her. Strong build... like the human's mountain dogs... but.. different. Maybe a cross between the human's many breeds?

As the female spoke to her, Sienna still wasn't sure if it was save; she sounded nice enough, and the snarl dissapeared from pure surprise. She stared at her, forgetting to growl, eyes wide open.

She opened her mouth, unsure of the answer...
Immediately Nicoletta barked to her owners to come.
As the dog barked, Sienna crinched and let out a soft but deep growling.

It wasn't really a threat; it was fear. Her ears where pinned on her head and her mouth was now wide open, as she panted hard from the stress.

- ''Who are you?! What are you going to do to me?!'' She gasped, between pants. ''What do you want from me?!''

But it was only then that she saw the humans; the shock was too much.
They where TOO close...

Her fear exploded and she made one, last attempt to get away, using all her strength. She struggled, she actually got up and made one leap, slamming down hard in the snow as her injured leg didn't support her.

She then lay perfectly still, panting really hard and fast, eyes groggy and tongue hanging in the snow, melting it slowly.
She was too exhausted; she couldn't even try to move again....
K.A.T
Beta

Post by K.A.T » 28-12-2011 20:52

Shade? i think you were thinking of the wrong female dear :D :D
Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 28-12-2011 21:02

K.A.T wrote:Shade? i think you were thinking of the wrong female dear :D :D
LOL I'm so used to playing Shade my brain played a trick on me. :P LOL. Changed it!
K.A.T
Beta

Post by K.A.T » 28-12-2011 21:08

Nicoletta jerked around as she noticed movement and turned to see the injured she-wolf cry putting as much distance between them as she could. Seeing her reaction, Nicoletta guessed this wolf was not one of the local wolf pack; she knew those wolves, this one isn't from around. Perhaps she came here from another area. But nevermind that.
Sienna snarled in panic as the dog reached her, green eyes wide open, kicking off the ground to get backwards. It was the strong instinct telling her to flee, to get out of here...
The dog... she was female, and bigger then her. Strong build... like the human's mountain dogs... but.. different. Maybe a cross between the human's many breeds?

As the female spoke to her, Sienna still wasn't sure if it was save; she sounded nice enough, and the snarl dissapeared from pure surprise. She stared at her, forgetting to growl, eyes wide open.

She opened her mouth, unsure of the answer...
Nicoletta's brows furrowed with worry, scared the female might injure herself further with her moving about. The wolf was smaller than her, but not by much, maybe a few centimeters difference. The female dog noticed the she-wolf's snarl gone, probably surprised that a dog was speaking to her.

Nicoletta waited expectantly for her answer, wanting to know how she could help.

''Who are you?! What are you going to do to me?!'' She gasped, between pants. ''What do you want from me?!''

But it was only then that she saw the humans; the shock was too much.
They where TOO close...

Her fear exploded and she made one, last attempt to get away, using all her strength. She struggled, she actually got up and made one leap, slamming down hard in the snow as her injured leg didn't support her.

She then lay perfectly still, panting really hard and fast, eyes groggy and tongue hanging in the snow, melting it slowly.
She was too exhausted; she couldn't even try to move again....
Once her owners came closer, the she-wolf freaked and attempted to leap away.

"No! Wait please, we only wish to help you!" Nicoletta cried as she padded after the injured wolf. As the wolf's back was facing towards her, Nicoletta let out a small gasp at the nasty injury on the wolf's leg, blood was running freely; she had gotten hit by the buck earlier, and repeatedly it would appear.

"My owners are kind people, trust them, trust me. I'm a friend of wolves, maybe not the other dogs but I can promise you no harm will come to you. Please let my masters wrap your leg, stop the bleeding and take you to our village to heal you," Nicoletta pleaded with the female wolf, urging her to accept help.

With the wolf's injured condition, lack of strength and the cold climate, if she lost any more blood the results would be fatal.

Nicoletta's master, Roark, came closer slowly and sank down to his knees, holding thick wrapping in his gloved hands as his kind eyes looked at the wolf. He reached out to pet Nicoletta.

"It's okay girl, we're gonna fix you up and then let you go," Roark said and Nicoletta, having understood him, told the she-wolf of her master's intentions.

"I won't let the other dogs hurt you," Nicoletta said as she went closer to the female and laid closer to her to share her body heat.

Roark gently reachd his hand forward and with the lightest of touches, lifted the wolf's foot so he could stop her bleeding.
Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 28-12-2011 21:47

While the dog's first cry had been to deaf ears, Sienna now had no other choice then lay and listen; her sight became a little blurry as she tried to look up again.
As the wolf's back was facing towards her, Nicoletta let out a small gasp at the nasty injury on the wolf's leg, blood was running freely; she had gotten hit by the buck earlier, and repeatedly it would appear.

"My owners are kind people, trust them, trust me. I'm a friend of wolves, maybe not the other dogs but I can promise you no harm will come to you. Please let my masters wrap your leg, stop the bleeding and take you to our village to heal you," Nicoletta pleaded with the female wolf, urging her to accept help.
She was hearing things. Surely.
It was her state...

But even though everything sounded odd and hollow, she knew she had heard correct. The female, whom she had just tried to flee from, offered HELP...

- ''R... Really?'' She stammered, her voice odd and twisted. ''I... I...''

But she fell silent again; it didn't matter anyway. They could do as they wish; she was unable to stop them.
Wether they'd kill her or help her... she had no choice but undergo it.

- ''I... will trust you...'' She finally rasked out.

Nicoletta's master, Roark, came closer slowly and sank down to his knees, holding thick wrapping in his gloved hands as his kind eyes looked at the wolf. He reached out to pet Nicoletta.

"It's okay girl, we're gonna fix you up and then let you go," Roark said and Nicoletta, having understood him, told the she-wolf of her master's intentions.
She whimpered softly; there was nothing else she could do. She was naturally afraid of the human, but she had promised to trust the dog, and she would. Besides, she was too tired to even TRY and bite that human, anyway.
"I won't let the other dogs hurt you," Nicoletta said as she went closer to the female and laid closer to her to share her body heat.

Roark gently reachd his hand forward and with the lightest of touches, lifted the wolf's foot so he could stop her bleeding.
Sienna's ears perked slightly and her body relaxed. She closed her eyes at the touch of the body besides her, giving in to it all.
She had no more power to fight.

As the human lifted her foot, she crinched in pain, but didn't even growl. She just lay there, silently, waiting for what would come.
K.A.T
Beta

Post by K.A.T » 28-12-2011 22:28

''R... Really?'' She stammered, her voice odd and twisted. ''I... I...''

But she fell silent again; it didn't matter anyway. They could do as they wish; she was unable to stop them.
Wether they'd kill her or help her... she had no choice but undergo it.

- ''I... will trust you...'' She finally rasked out.
Nicoletta's tail swished a bit, glad and relieved that the she-wolf accepted her and her master's help. If anything Nicoletta would help this wolf, give her food, let her heal up and perhaps she would take her to Alvin's pack, that way she would never be alone again.

"Thank you. I promise you won't regret it," Nicoletta said with a kind smile as she snuggled closer to her and offered her warmth. Nicoletta kept watch as her master tended to bandaging the wolf's leg up to staunch the bleeding.

In the distance, she could hear Sergio's orders to the pack, the barks of the dogs and the occasional bleating of the deer. Hopefully her son was not getting in over himself this time. It was a good thing Nigel wasn't here. Whenever her sons were together Sergio would always want to compete with Nigel, to which the latter would just chuckle and wave off, which pissed the former off.

She sighed, what was she to do with those two?

"What is your name if I may ask? I'm Nicoletta and that is my male master Roark," she informed the she-wolf, whether the latter wanted to know or not. She just didn't want to keep addressing the wolf as "wolf" anymore.
Sienna's ears perked slightly and her body relaxed. She closed her eyes at the touch of the body besides her, giving in to it all.
She had no more power to fight.

As the human lifted her foot, she crinched in pain, but didn't even growl. She just lay there, silently, waiting for what would come.
Roark was very gentle as he held the injured leg of the wolf's and wrapped it secure with the gauze. Soon the material was red with blood but at least her bleeding had stopped. Her cuts and bruises would have to wait till they got to the village.

Roark laid the wolf's foot down again and stood, running through the snow to grab his empty sled and pulled it over to the two female canines.

"Alright Letta, tell her that I'm just gonna move her onto the sled," Roark said to Nicoletta as he cleared some space on the sled and waited for the okay.

Nicoletta turned to her.

"Roark is going to lift you onto the sled so that we may bring you back comfortably. He won't harm you," she said and then stood up and made way for her master to come over. The large man bent down and gently, cautiously put one arm underneath the wolf's head and the other underneath her stomach and hoisted her up lightly. He took a few steps and laid her down on the stop blankets that were on top of the sled. He made sure that the wolf was situated and that she wouldn't fall off. Nicoletta stood near in case anything happened.

A bark was heard and the dog turned her head to see Sergio and the pack come back two deer between the dogs. With pride the dogs all gathered and the humans cheered and patted the dogs a good job as they loaded the deer on two different sleds and they started home.

Sergio saw his mother gave her a prideful look that disappeared when he saw what was on the sled behind her.

"Mother!! What are you doing, is that a wolf?!?" her grey and silver son asked with shock and alarm as he raced over. He gave the female wolf a distasteful look as he looked away and focused on his mother.

"Are you bringing that thing back with us?" he barked at her. True he was taller than his mother, but he knew Nicoletta wasn't a pushover.

"Do you have a problem with that son?" she asked him, her blue eyes just daring him to defy her. Sergio growled but didn't say anything as his own master whistled for him and he turned and bounded after the others.

Nicoletta barked at Roark and they set off after the others as well, bringing up the rear and keeping away from the other dogs, who Sergio was already telling about the wolf issue. Nicoletta caught many dogs looking back at them and she snapped her teeth and made them all turn around. This was gonna cause some trouble.

She just hoped Nigel would be willing to help her. But she knew her other son would, unlike Sergio who was against wolves, Nigel was more open-minded. Nicoletta let herself be hooked up to the sled as she assisted her master in bringing the wolf to their village.

Soon they were coming through the gates and immediately Nicoletta broke from the others and made way towards their home near the end of the village where it was peaceful and quiet.
Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 28-12-2011 23:35

"Thank you. I promise you won't regret it," Nicoletta said with a kind smile as she snuggled closer to her and offered her warmth. Nicoletta kept watch as her master tended to bandaging the wolf's leg up to staunch the bleeding.
Sienna didn't answer; she was too tired to do so.
However, the female's warmth besides her helped clear her head at least a little bit...
"What is your name if I may ask? I'm Nicoletta and that is my male master Roark," she informed the she-wolf.
Sienna slowly opened her eyes again; the dog's face looked a little fuzzy to her, her sight still slightly blurred.

- ''Sienna...'' She wished she could have given a more proper introduction, but it would have to do.

She felt the soft way the human treated her wounds; it seemed she really was save... for now...
"Alright Letta, tell her that I'm just gonna move her onto the sled," Roark said to Nicoletta as he cleared some space on the sled and waited for the okay.
Sienna's ears moved a little; she heard the human speak, but she had no idea what he said. But as she turned her eyes to Nicoletta again, she was already about to explain it to her.
Nicoletta turned to her.

"Roark is going to lift you onto the sled so that we may bring you back comfortably. He won't harm you," she said and then stood up and made way for her master to come over.
Sienna nodded. She had no idea what a ''sled'was, and why she had to be lifted on to it... but surely, it would be okay...
The large man bent down and gently, cautiously put one arm underneath the wolf's head and the other underneath her stomach and hoisted her up lightly. He took a few steps and laid her down on the stop blankets that were on top of the sled. He made sure that the wolf was situated and that she wouldn't fall off. Nicoletta stood near in case anything happened.
Sienna tensed as the man carried her, but she didn't growl or snap. Her snout wrinked slightly from the tention, showing only her front teeth for a moment, but she didn't try to stop him.
As she was placed down, she just stayed put, waiting...

Suddenly, she heard dogs and the humans scream out in a way that sóunded happy. She didn't lift her head to see, though.
"Mother!! What are you doing, is that a wolf?!?" her grey and silver son asked with shock and alarm as he raced over. He gave the female wolf a distasteful look as he looked away and focused on his mother.
Oh great. Family.
Clearly, this dog didn't agree with her presence.
She tried to lift her head a little to look at him; her jaw dropped slightly in surprise.

Wait a minute. THIS guy resented her presence? SERIOUSLY?
He looked like a wolf himself...! She had absolutely no doubt he wasn't a purebred dog in any way....
"Are you bringing that thing back with us?" he barked at her. True he was taller than his mother, but he knew Nicoletta wasn't a pushover.

"Do you have a problem with that son?" she asked him, her blue eyes just daring him to defy her. Sergio growled but didn't say anything as his own master whistled for him and he turned and bounded after the others.
That THING? The insult! If only she had had a little more energy, she would have told him!
However, she didn't show her annoyance now, and waited for what was to come.

She could hear some rumor behind her; one ear moved. Clearly, mister-who-looked-wolf-yet-despised-them was already spreading the news.
Oh dear.

Sienna was no fool. She knew it had already been rare enough that a dog and her master HELPED her. She hadn't expected any of the other dogs to be this friendly or wellwilling, but the cold shower of the grey male had made it perfectly clear; her fear of dogs and men was, even now, justified. She would have to watch her back whenever Nicoletta and her human wouldn't be around...

... if only she cóuld watch her own back, now...

Underneath her, the sled suddenly moved. A little startled, she turned her head to see the rear of Nicoletta in front of her. She was... pulling her? That was amazing...

She sighed deeply and closed her eyes, getting a little rest.
K.A.T
Beta

Post by K.A.T » 29-12-2011 00:07

Once Nicoletta had reached her home, Roark unhitched her and she walked to Sienna's side. She gave her a soft smile and her expression was apologetic.

"I'm sorry for my son earlier. Don't mind him though, he's always like that. You won't be seeing him much anyway, he hardly ever comes here even though it had been his home for 2 years. Ah that boy, always giving me problems," Nicoletta said lightly but anyone could tell that she really did miss her son deep down.

"Anyway we're going to move you to the den now. Just wanting to let you know so that you won't be startled," she told the wolf as she watched Roark gently lift Sienna as carefully as he could and he walked towards Nicoletta's large dog den that she shared with Nigel.

Roark walked into the dog house, the opening was big enough to allow humans in and was well guarded by a large flap made of bear fur covering up the entrance to keep the place warm. The inside was cozy, thick wood covered the ceiling and the ground was covered with hay to provide heat and there were some blankets here and there. There was also a small fireplace crafted of stones and bricks. The place smelled pleasantly of Nicoletta and of a male.

Nicoletta's master walked over to a patch of hey and laid Sienna down cautiously. He then went and checked her leg.

"Nicoletta, stay with her girl. I'm going to fetch somethings to fix up her leg." Roark stood and lighted a fire in the makeshift fireplace so that the dog den would become warmer. He then stood and walked out of the den and through the small opening that was facing the cottage, Nicoletta could see Roark entering his home to get the materials.

She turned to Sienna and smiled.

"I'll be right back I promise. I'm going to fetch someone to bring you some food," she said and then walked through the entrance and making sure the flap was in place so no cold air got in. Nicoletta went to fetch Nigel.

Nigel was found in the nursery with the other mothering females. Nicoletta walked in to see him playing with some small puppies. Well more like they turned him into a mountain. The young puppies were making a game of see who could climb Mt. Nigel. She smiled as she watched her other son put up with the pups' antics.

Nigel opened his eyes and his saw his mother. He smiled at her and lifted his head, pups still hanging on and giggling with laughter.

"I see you're having fun, but I'm in need of your help Nigel," she said with a smile as she dipped her head to the other females in the room who all smiled back at her.

"Oh Letta, you're son has just been the best company," one female said.
"Oh yes he has been, just a wonderful gent Nigel is. Keeps all the pups occupied as we get our much needed rest," another female said.
"Must you take our fine helper away so soon?" another asked her with a playful smile.

Nicoletta laughed as at their comments. Ah if only Sergio could be like this. Cept that boy is too busy fighting with his buddies and impregnating more women. "I'll bring him back, it's just I need someone to fetch me some food while I look after an injured soul. Nigel could you run and do that for me dear?" she asked him.

Nigel smiled at his mother as he chuckled and wiggled out of the pups' grasps. They yipped and awwed and went to their mothers until their big playmate came back. Nigel turned to the females and to the pups. "Alright lads, until I get back I want you all to be good little boys and girls for your mummies. If you don't no more Great Warrior Adventures," he said with a mock stern look on his face. The pups immediately acted like angels and the females gave him grateful looks.

Nicoletta smiled as she got her son moving.

"What do you want me to get?" Nigel asked as they exited the nursing den, making sure the bear skin flap was closed properly behind him. Nicoletta stood about 74cm, Nigel was a good 81 so she had to look up at her tall son.

"Fine the juicest and probably the softest. Our guest is weak and we need her to eat food she can easily swallow. Meet me in the den when you get it. I'll introduce you to our guest," Nicoletta said as she turned to go back to the den.

Nigel nodded his head. "You got it," he said with a smile as with his long legs he bounded towards the food storage to russle up some food for Sienna.

Nicoletta ran back into her den and back to Sienna's side. "Hope you didn't wait long, I was pulling my helper from underneath a pile of squirming puppies," she said cheerfully as she heard a door open and close and saw Roark coming back with the supplies.

Roark came in and made sure to bring a bowl of warm water for the wolf. He set the bowl aside and went about tending to her injuries.

"Roark is going to clean your wounds and wrap your foot again. It might sting but please endure," Nicoletta said with a soft smile as she remained sitting in case anything happened.

Roark was gentle as he cleaned Sienna's cuts and lacerations she got from the buck's anthers. He washed the dirt and snow out and applied some herbal ointment which would sting but would relieve and quicken her natural healing process. After the small wounds did he begin on her leg.

He unwrapped the bloody mess and put it next to him to dispose of later. He watched her leg with water, wiping all blood off and then applied the same herbal remedy to the gash on her leg, gently, a little bit at a time to avoid startling her with the stinging pain. After her leg was plastered neatly with green mush did he take clean gauze and wrap up her leg again. He finished and laid her leg on a soft pile of hay.

"Alright, good as new, just need to let her heal up on her own. She'll be here for a while. Letta keep her company," Roark said as he grabbed the equipment and the dirty dressings and walked out.

Nicoletta smiled at her master and watched him enter his home and turned to Sienna.

"Food's coming soon. You might be here a while, that nasty gash looks like it may take a while to heal. Plus our village elder has predicted a snow storm so it'll be unwise to travel then. Are you comfortable?" she asked the she-wolf as she pushed some hay closer together.