A Meeting of Two Worlds (PRP Kat)

The wide open plains of Hekaya, where many species live together. With wide grasslands and beautiful lakes, a perfect place to live.
K.A.T
Beta

Post by K.A.T » 01-07-2012 22:12

Viktor sat there next to his friend and watched the exchange between the three with a neutral expression on his face. He was basically a bystander who knew of the circumstances and although he would give advise he left the ultimate decision to Nicoletta.

But even Viktor knew that no matter how sad Nicoletta might be over Nigel and Sienna's choice, she would love them regardless.

When she had first came to him to confess about her worries over the prophecy, Nicoletta had broken down and cried about how worried she was and how she didn't want Sienna to go through the sad experience she had to endure due to Bardulf's death.

Viktor might have gotten jealous at the name of Nicoletta's first love when he was younger, but the doberman had matured and now felt very grateful to the deceased wolf for giving his childhood friend such a loving history despite the sadness.

~~~~~~~Flashback~~~~~~

”I just don't want Sienna to lose Nigel like I lost his father. It would break my heart, no....it would kill me to see history repeat itself to another innocent soul who doesn't deserve to lose their love so young. Don't you see Vik?” she had confided in him earlier when he came to check up on her.

”I know you just want the best for them Letta, but would you really deny them the love they have for fear of losing it? Isn't this just like the saying, “Better to have loved once than to not loved at all?” he had explained to her calmly and patiently, trying to get her to see the logical side of things.

”You don't know what you're saying!!! Viktor you don't understand! How could you when you have never been in a situation like this before!! Y-you've never.....you w-wouldn't understand,” she had balled to him and at those words Viktor's heart felt a stab of pain at her outburst. Of course he would know the feeling. The feeling of seeing the girl he loved in love with another male...the feeling of seeing her everyday happy and then seeing her lose everything she loved and yet he couldn't do anything to help her.

But he had remained silent and reigned in his feelings. He could not tell her that but only nod as she cried.

”I'm sorry Viktor...I shouldn't have snapped at you like that...I just...” she began but he cut her off gently.

”I understand....it's alright. I'm not angry at you,” he had told her and had given her a hug as she cried.

~~~~~~Flashback End~~~~~~~~~

Viktor watched his friend now as she sat almost glaring at her son and daughter-in-law as if hating them but he knew she was only saddened and hurt.
Knowing that the cat was out of the bag, Sienna didn't feel like trying to hide it anymore. She gently leaned into Nigel, rubbing her face against his shoulder for a moment and taking a deep breath.
Then, without a doubt, she raised her head and nuzzled him, for all to see.
Nicoletta let a small gasp escape her lips as she saw their open display of affection and looked away afraid she might start breaking down in front of them. But the strong presence of Viktor behind her allowed her to stay calm and remain level-headed.

Viktor saw this and gently moved his front paw so that it was touching her flank and he visibly saw her relax slightly at the contact.

Nigel saw too but he returned his mother's look with determination, showing her how he would not let some small prophecy dictate how he was going to live his life. He would not life in fear. He'd rather love Sienna until the time came than never telling her of his feelings.
It was like a blow to the face.
Sienna could feel, ánd understand, the slight accusation in her words.

But instead of cowering, a hint of pain flashed in her green eyes, and she did not turn them down. She kept staring Nicoletta straight into her eyes, open and honest as she wished to be.
Even Nigel winced at the hidden accusation behind his mother's words but as he glanced at Sienna he felt proud how strong she looked with determination shining in her light green eyes.

Nicoletta scowled as she saw how the two did not regret what they did and that only hurt her further but she didn't say anything until she heard what the two had to say for their actions.
''It wasn't a choice.'' She said, calmly. She then took a little pause, not taking her eyes of Nicoletta's, before continuing. ''It is as must be. There was no denying or escaping it. And with heart and soul.. I cannot regret it.''

She turned her eyes up to Nigel, then slowly back to Nicoletta.

- ''I love your son... with all my heart. No prophecy could have prevented me from being by his side. I tried... believe me, I tried with all I had, but I could not leave him. And if the prophecy is to indicate harm befalling Nigel, I shall be there to fight at his side... Whatever it may bring.''

She lifted her head a little.

- ''I know I cannot prevent fate singlepawed.. but I will stand for my mate.''
Everything sentence that came from Sienna's mouth was like an arrow straight through the heart for Nicoletta. She felt as if she couldn't breathe. Whilst she was blindingly happy that the two younger canines found happiness, she couldn't let go of the possibility that their happiness would be short-lived if they were together.

But she saw that she was fighting a losing battle. There was no way she was going to change Sienna's nor Nigel's mind. She could see that clearly. Nothing she said was going to change the outcome of this discussion to how she wanted it.

Half of her was glad that she was losing this fight as it meant the happiness of her son and a dear friend of hers. But yet again the other half just wanted to kick and scream for them to see the danger they could possibly face. But as she silently stared into both Sienna's and Nigel's green eyes, she saw the fire, she saw the determination and the love that was between them, that connected them together so strongly. How could she bear to break that bond?

Nigel's heart swelled as Sienna's finished speaking and he couldn't help but lean into his mate and gently, loving touch his nose to her temple, closing his eyes as he took comfort and strength in their love.

”I love you,” he whispered into her ear so that only she could hear. Those words were for her only, a special love that promised many things between them.

Viktor was silent throughout everything but he too saw how the two youngsters' minds were set and unwavering. He leaned down to Nicoletta and nudged her gently.

”Letta...you have to trust them and trust fate,” he told her as she turned to look at his scarred face and into his brown eyes.

”I knew I already lost...but I had to try,” she said as a few tears cascaded down her cheeks.

Viktor gave her a gentle smile as he nodded his head, touching his forehead to hers.

”You did good Letta. You've said your part, and now it's up to fate. I'm sure he would agree,” he told her, the he referring to Bardulf.

Nicoletta gave him a small sad yet elated smile as she returned her attention to the two.

Nigel gulped slightly as he lifted his head from Sienna's head but did not move away from the closeness of their bodies.

”It seems I cannot change your minds. I knew I had lost the fight before it had even begun. It was so obvious....I knew the two of you were destined...yet I couldn't help but at least warn you two of what the future could possibly hold. But since you two do know, and I can see the love....I'm trusting that you two will know what to do and to take care of each other and yourselves. The rest I leave to the great kings and to fate. May they be with you. I'm sorry for the troublesome confusion and everything,” she finished as she walked over to the two.

Nicoletta walked first to her son and licked his head, touching her nose to the spot between his eyes and nuzzled him.

”Take good care of her Son, make her the happiest mate in the world,” she told him and gave him a light glare promising a world of hurt if Sienna was troubled in anyway.

Nigel smiled and licked his mother's cheeks.

”Aww Mum you worry too much. I'll be the best mate she could ever wish for,” he told her with a grin.

Nicoletta smiled as she then turned to Sienna and did the same, licking her head and touching her nose to the spot between Sienna's eyes.

”I'm sorry if I may have hurt you emotionally in any way. But I want you to know how truly happy I am for both of you. Congratulations. Know that I do support your love,” she told them with a smile and seemed to be back to her normal self.

”Now...I better be expecting grandpups soon from you two do you hear me? I'm not getting any younger and I want plenty of time to get to know my grandkids. Chop chop you two...wait....nevermind the deed's done already. Well in 63 days I better be seeing some signs,” she told them with a playful look to her as her blue eyes sparkled with glee.

Viktor chuckled as he watched the happy family connection.

Nigel saw this and glanced at Sienna, winking.

”Say mother. Now that we are happy...It's only fair if you are too....I'm sure there is someone very close who would love to tell you something,” he said as he nudged Sienna to continue the goad.

Viktor's eyes went big as he heard this and immediately stood up but was frozen in place as his heart was in his throat as he feared what was going to come out of Sienna's mouth.

Nicoletta looked lost as she looked from her son to her daughter-in-law with blinking blue eyes.

”I'm sorry?” she asked as she wanted to know what was going on. Nigel just laughed at Viktor's frozen silly look which his mother was oblivious to.
Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 01-07-2012 23:25

((SOOOOO intense... :o ))

Sienna could only watch Nicoletta's response, with mixed emotions.
She too felt Ni's hurt... her sadness and fear. She shared those herself. But she knew she couldn't live with the idea of being parted from Nigel... not anymore...
Nigel's heart swelled as Sienna's finished speaking and he couldn't help but lean into his mate and gently, loving touch his nose to her temple, closing his eyes as he took comfort and strength in their love.

”I love you,” he whispered into her ear so that only she could hear. Those words were for her only, a special love that promised many things between them.
It was in that hard moment that Nigel's words touched her most. She closed her eyes for a moment and would have smiled if she felt she could have. But for Nicoletta's sake, she didn't.
Instead, she just enjoyed the warm feeling those words spread through her, and she knéw she had made the right choice there and then....
Viktor was silent throughout everything but he too saw how the two youngsters' minds were set and unwavering. He leaned down to Nicoletta and nudged her gently.

”Letta...you have to trust them and trust fate,” he told her as she turned to look at his scarred face and into his brown eyes.

”I knew I already lost...but I had to try,” she said as a few tears cascaded down her cheeks.

Viktor gave her a gentle smile as he nodded his head, touching his forehead to hers.

”You did good Letta. You've said your part, and now it's up to fate. I'm sure he would agree,” he told her, the he referring to Bardulf.

Nicoletta gave him a small sad yet elated smile as she returned her attention to the two.
Viktor's approval meant so much to her... and it gave her the opening she needed. Yet, sensing it was too early, she managed to hold her tongue, even though barely...
Nigel gulped slightly as he lifted his head from Sienna's head but did not move away from the closeness of their bodies.

”It seems I cannot change your minds. I knew I had lost the fight before it had even begun. It was so obvious....I knew the two of you were destined...yet I couldn't help but at least warn you two of what the future could possibly hold. But since you two do know, and I can see the love....I'm trusting that you two will know what to do and to take care of each other and yourselves. The rest I leave to the great kings and to fate. May they be with you. I'm sorry for the troublesome confusion and everything,” she finished as she walked over to the two.

Nicoletta walked first to her son and licked his head, touching her nose to the spot between his eyes and nuzzled him.

”Take good care of her Son, make her the happiest mate in the world,” she told him and gave him a light glare promising a world of hurt if Sienna was troubled in anyway.

Nigel smiled and licked his mother's cheeks.

”Aww Mum you worry too much. I'll be the best mate she could ever wish for,” he told her with a grin.
Sienna's heart sored, and even though there was more to say, she held her tongue a little longer, her heart swelling with love as Nigel got his mother's approval...
Nicoletta smiled as she then turned to Sienna and did the same, licking her head and touching her nose to the spot between Sienna's eyes.

”I'm sorry if I may have hurt you emotionally in any way. But I want you to know how truly happy I am for both of you. Congratulations. Know that I do support your love,” she told them with a smile and seemed to be back to her normal self.
- ''Ni...'' She whispered, now gently leaning forward so their foreheads would touch. These words where for her, only. ''Ni, you didn't loose. You just gained a daughter.'' She whispered. ''I promise... I'll take care of your son... and you... until I die.''
”Now...I better be expecting grandpups soon from you two do you hear me? I'm not getting any younger and I want plenty of time to get to know my grandkids. Chop chop you two...wait....nevermind the deed's done already. Well in 63 days I better be seeing some signs,” she told them with a playful look to her as her blue eyes sparkled with glee.

Viktor chuckled as he watched the happy family connection.

Nigel saw this and glanced at Sienna, winking.
Sienna gasped in slight shock, then couldn't help but let her tongue slip.

- ''MOTHER... you can't be...''

WAIT... had she just... called Nicoletta ''mother''?

She blushed fiercely and cleared her throat.

- ''I guess I'll take the assignment...'' She chuckled, trying to act lightly. ''I'll do my best...'' She send Nigel a grin. ''And he'd better, too...''
”Say mother. Now that we are happy...It's only fair if you are too....I'm sure there is someone very close who would love to tell you something,” he said as he nudged Sienna to continue the goad.

Viktor's eyes went big as he heard this and immediately stood up but was frozen in place as his heart was in his throat as he feared what was going to come out of Sienna's mouth.

Nicoletta looked lost as she looked from her son to her daughter-in-law with blinking blue eyes.

”I'm sorry?” she asked as she wanted to know what was going on. Nigel just laughed at Viktor's frozen silly look which his mother was oblivious to.

Sienna smiled; she was glad Nigel gave her the opening.
Although, poor Viktor seemed less taken... but she wasn't going to give in.

This was their time, too. Now that Sierra and Noah had finally found one another, now that Nigel and herself had finally found one another... it was time Viktor and Nicoletta would find one another, too.

- ''Ni... Mom...'' She began, softly. ''Listen... there's something you need to know. And not just you.'' She shot a look at Viktor and gave him a reassuring smile. ''You just told us... how we where destined. How clear it was, how our love is so plain to see...'' She smiled brighter and looked at Nicoletta. ''And while I'd be the last to disagree... I have been sensing Nigel and I are not the only ones who are destined for one another. And, cértainly, not the only ones who's love is so plain to see...''

She got up and gently nuzzled against Nicolleta's maw... pushing her snout slowly, gently, against Viktor's, nose touching, with such soft and gentle care as she could possibly muster.

- ''Ni... we're not the only ones who cannot hide our love.'' She smiled and backed down a little. ''Do you know that Nigel and I are not the only ones who found one another today? Sierra and Noah did, too, Nicoletta. Finally. And we all know... we all séé... what Viktor feels for you. What he has felt for you, for so many years... and what YOU feel for HIM....''

She lowered her head a little and backed down further, giving them space.

- ''If this is the day that hearts finally find eachother... shouldn't it be your day, too...?''

She fell silent for a moment, giving the two the time to get over this shock.
~When darkness comes, you know I'm never far~
K.A.T
Beta

Post by K.A.T » 02-07-2012 04:23

((it only gets better and MORE INTENSE!! ;) ))

Nigel felt like that day was the happiest day of his life. To think that everything he ever dreamed of was coming true right here right now….it took his breath literally away and he had to think really hard to remember how to breathe and get his involuntary muscles to work again.

If he was allowed to, he’d run outside and start yipping and hollering out his joy, acting like a pup but since he was definitely not a pup and closing in on being 6 years old, he decided to save his reputation and act his age. Although it was darn hard trying if the shifting of his paws could say anything.

Nicoletta’s eyes were shining brightly as she gazed at her son and her now daughter-in-law. How she longed for the day when she could get a daughter and now she finally got her wish. They would have lovely girl nights talking about boys and just being girls. Ah and what’s better Sierra could join them as well. Oh how wonderful!!! Two daughter-in-laws!! What more could a mother hope for?
''Ni...'' She whispered, now gently leaning forward so their foreheads would touch. These words where for her, only. ''Ni, you didn't loose. You just gained a daughter.'' She whispered. ''I promise... I'll take care of your son... and you... until I die.''
Nicoletta waved Sienna’s worries away and smiled at her gently.

”Oh now don’t go talking like that about death. Life is what we’re aiming for here my dear. And yes not only did I gain you as a daughter, your sister comes with the deal. Two for the price of one ehehe, marvelous! And dear I know you will take care of my son. Put him in his place, teach him well how to be a great husband. I’m sure there are still parts of him that are pupish but I’m sure with you by his side, he will be just wonderful. It’s just glorious, I feel tears coming,” she said as she fanned herself with her paw, tears indeed on the verge of cascading down in happiness.
Sienna gasped in slight shock, then couldn't help but let her tongue slip.

- ''MOTHER... you can't be...''

She blushed fiercely and cleared her throat.

- ''I guess I'll take the assignment...'' She chuckled, trying to act lightly. ''I'll do my best...'' She send Nigel a grin. ''And he'd better, too...''
Nicoletta laughed as she saw the two’s reactions. Nigel’s mouth was slightly ajar in surprise while Sienna burst out vocally. A ping in her heart told Nicoletta how happy she felt at being called “mother” by Sienna and she almost broke down right there from sheer happiness and glee!!

”You young whippersnappers. You think you were smart to roll in the snow after what you two did…well I’ll have you know I’m no fool and only a blind fool couldn’t see or guess what had happened between you. That is exactly why 63 days from today I want to see some belly Sienna. And Nigel don’t think about feeding her more than she needs to try and hide it!” she exclaimed with comical face at the two.

Nigel recovered from his surprise and gaped a moment at his mother’s words before busting out into laughter.

”No one can hide anything from you Mum ahahaha! But by golly do you have to make it sound like we’re trying to cheat you out of grandkids? I do want sons and daughters myself you know. How bout this Mum you get to name at least one of them,” Nigel played pretend as he placated his mother with a wag of his tail.

Nicoletta scoffed in pretend disbelief at his words.

”Excuse me just one? I plan to be the hidden shadow behind all their names my dear boy. Got to make sure you two names my grandkids properly, a name does make the child,” she told them as she stuck her nose in the air with a smile.

Nigel laughed as he now turned his attention to the situation at paw which was going to try and get Viktor and his mother together.

But when Nigel looked at Viktor’s face, something told him that while he knew Viktor loved his mother, the Doberman didn’t look really happy about letting it be known…it was strange.

Viktor stood there with a sad look in his eyes, his shoulders sagged as he sighed lightly, listening to what Sienna told Nicoletta.
- ''Ni... Mom...'' She began, softly. ''Listen... there's something you need to know. And not just you.'' She shot a look at Viktor and gave him a reassuring smile. ''You just told us... how we where destined. How clear it was, how our love is so plain to see...'' She smiled brighter and looked at Nicoletta. ''And while I'd be the last to disagree... I have been sensing Nigel and I are not the only ones who are destined for one another. And, cértainly, not the only ones who's love is so plain to see...''

She got up and gently nuzzled against Nicolleta's maw... pushing her snout slowly, gently, against Viktor's, nose touching, with such soft and gentle care as she could possibly muster.

Nicoletta’s eyes went wide as she listened to Sienna speak and she became speechless and rooted to the spot as she listened.

Viktor…in love…with her?!?!?!?!

WHAT?!?!?!

Nicoletta felt Sienna push her maw towards the other direction and her eyes darted to the warm body that her mouth suddenly touched.

Viktor looked at her, he didn’t deny any claims Nigel and Sienna were making. Nicoletta scolded herself for being blind to the emotions that lay beneath the doberman’s brown eyes. And yet…Viktor turned his head away as if he had never wanted her to know.

Nigel felt suddenly like he perhaps jumped the gun…he turned to Sienna and tried to tell her to perhaps stop but she plowed on ahead.
- ''Ni... we're not the only ones who cannot hide our love.'' She smiled and backed down a little. ''Do you know that Nigel and I are not the only ones who found one another today? Sierra and Noah did, too, Nicoletta. Finally. And we all know... we all séé... what Viktor feels for you. What he has felt for you, for so many years... and what YOU feel for HIM....''

She lowered her head a little and backed down further, giving them space.

- ''If this is the day that hearts finally find eachother... shouldn't it be your day, too...?''

She fell silent for a moment, giving the two the time to get over this shock.
Nigel opened and closed his mouth wordlessly, almost like a fish as his eyes darted from Sienna, to his mother and then to Viktor.
Finally finding his voice Nigel poked his nose into Sienna’s mouth to try and tell her to stop now.

”Sienna…I think we may have jumped the gun…we stuck our nose where it didn’t belong,” he told her as he stared at his mother who in turn was staring intently at Viktor who found the ground to be very interesting.

Nicoletta heard everything Sienna had said, but her attention was focused on her childhood friend, staring at him to see what he would say, what he would do.

”…Is it true Viktor?” she asked him simply.

”…It is,” Viktor answered after a brief moment of silence. His brown eyes holding conflicting emotions as he continued to stare at the ground intently.

Nicoletta was silent for a moment. Nigel in the back didn’t even realize he was holding his breath as he was now realizing that perhaps something had always prevented Viktor from telling his mother about his feelings.

Uh-oh…

”…Since when?” Nicoletta asked as she searched her friend’s face.

Viktor looked up to look at her with a solemn gaze.

”Since the beginning,” he answered her and Nicoletta let out a small gasp.

”Why didn’t you tell me?”

”…How could I? When I was mature enough to realize it myself I had already lost you,”

”…Bardulf…”

Viktor nodded his head.

”And ever since?”

”…I never stopped,”

Nigel felt a blush appear on his cheeks…it was like watching a romance scene approach the climax and he didn’t know if he should be here listening to their personal story.

Nigel shared a glance with Sienna before he got the courage to pipe up.

”Um…would you two like us to leave?” he asked but was shot down as Viktor glared at him.

”No need. This conversation is over. Even though you know my feelings...there will never be anything more between us than friends Letta. Nigel, Sienna, next time mind your own business,” Viktor said crossly as with a few strides the large dog was out of the den and walking away from them.

Nicoletta was speechless and sorta hurt as she watched Viktor leave and she turned to Sienna and Nigel for answers.

”I don’t understand…if he loves me…then why would he not want anything more?” she asked and Nigel was sorry he had no answers for her. He only flattened his ears at the mistake he and Sienna made in the spur of the moment.
Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 02-07-2012 17:12

((Vickyboy is going to get in trouble now... :evil:))
Nicoletta waved Sienna’s worries away and smiled at her gently.

”Oh now don’t go talking like that about death. Life is what we’re aiming for here my dear. And yes not only did I gain you as a daughter, your sister comes with the deal. Two for the price of one ehehe, marvelous! And dear I know you will take care of my son. Put him in his place, teach him well how to be a great husband. I’m sure there are still parts of him that are pupish but I’m sure with you by his side, he will be just wonderful. It’s just glorious, I feel tears coming,” she said as she fanned herself with her paw, tears indeed on the verge of cascading down in happiness.
Sienna chuckled. After the first shock, Nicoletta took it all a lot better then she had dared hope for....
Nicoletta laughed as she saw the two’s reactions.
”You young whippersnappers. You think you were smart to roll in the snow after what you two did…well I’ll have you know I’m no fool and only a blind fool couldn’t see or guess what had happened between you. That is exactly why 63 days from today I want to see some belly Sienna. And Nigel don’t think about feeding her more than she needs to try and hide it!” she exclaimed with comical face at the two.
A fierce blush coloured Sienna's face, but she wasn't so sure why that blush was there... as while Nicoletta was pretty straightforward, she didn't feel ashamed of her knowing what they had done.
Instead... she realized she just blushed because she hoped to do it again...

Oh, horrible horrible her!
Nigel recovered from his surprise and gaped a moment at his mother’s words before busting out into laughter.

”No one can hide anything from you Mum ahahaha! But by golly do you have to make it sound like we’re trying to cheat you out of grandkids? I do want sons and daughters myself you know. How bout this Mum you get to name at least one of them,” Nigel played pretend as he placated his mother with a wag of his tail.

Nicoletta scoffed in pretend disbelief at his words.

”Excuse me just one? I plan to be the hidden shadow behind all their names my dear boy. Got to make sure you two names my grandkids properly, a name does make the child,” she told them as she stuck her nose in the air with a smile.
Sienna laughed; her eyes sparkled.
It would be so much fun.... a real family, together....

Even though she wasn't sure how they'd manage it. Living here, in the village... could she do it? Or could Nigel live away from it?

Well... they where worries for later...
Nigel laughed as he now turned his attention to the situation at paw which was going to try and get Viktor and his mother together.

But when Nigel looked at Viktor’s face, something told him that while he knew Viktor loved his mother, the Doberman didn’t look really happy about letting it be known…it was strange.

Viktor stood there with a sad look in his eyes, his shoulders sagged as he sighed lightly, listening to what Sienna told Nicoletta.
At first, Sienna saw nothing strange in Viktor's reaction. Especially since it had been going on for so long... him, loving her, and her being so unawares of it. She just took it the dober was afraid of her response...

She would soon realize the error in her ways....
Nicoletta’s eyes went wide as she listened to Sienna speak and she became speechless and rooted to the spot as she listened.

Nicoletta felt Sienna push her maw towards the other direction and her eyes darted to the warm body that her mouth suddenly touched.

Viktor looked at her, he didn’t deny any claims Nigel and Sienna were making. Nicoletta scolded herself for being blind to the emotions that lay beneath the doberman’s brown eyes. And yet…Viktor turned his head away as if he had never wanted her to know.
Even at that point... Sienna was surprised to see Viktor turn away, but no more then that. Many males in the pack she had grown up in had had problems showing their emotions....
Nigel felt suddenly like he perhaps jumped the gun…he turned to Sienna and tried to tell her to perhaps stop but she plowed on ahead.

Nigel opened and closed his mouth wordlessly, almost like a fish as his eyes darted from Sienna, to his mother and then to Viktor.
Finally finding his voice Nigel poked his nose into Sienna’s mouth to try and tell her to stop now.

”Sienna…I think we may have jumped the gun…we stuck our nose where it didn’t belong,” he told her as he stared at his mother who in turn was staring intently at Viktor who found the ground to be very interesting.
Sienna's ears perked straight up in surprise as her face turned to Nigel... then back to Viktor.

Question in her eyes, she tried to catch his gaze, and found him staring at the ground.

For a second, she was absolutely dumbfounded. She saw nothing strange in the way Viktor behaved...
He was just... shy? Or maybe he found it difficult to handle this situation...?

It would be okay... right...?

However, it was silent for too long, and she found herself backing down a step, her ears suddenly turning back as her eyes focussed on Viktor...
Nicoletta heard everything Sienna had said, but her attention was focused on her childhood friend, staring at him to see what he would say, what he would do.

”…Is it true Viktor?” she asked him simply.

”…It is,” Viktor answered after a brief moment of silence. His brown eyes holding conflicting emotions as he continued to stare at the ground intently.
There... that was it. It should be fine now...
Her ears slowly perked just a little, but turned back right away.

She could feel it now...

Something was WRONG.
Nicoletta was silent for a moment. Nigel in the back didn’t even realize he was holding his breath as he was now realizing that perhaps something had always prevented Viktor from telling his mother about his feelings.

Uh-oh…

”…Since when?” Nicoletta asked as she searched her friend’s face.

Viktor looked up to look at her with a solemn gaze.

”Since the beginning,” he answered her and Nicoletta let out a small gasp.

”Why didn’t you tell me?”

”…How could I? When I was mature enough to realize it myself I had already lost you,”

”…Bardulf…”

Viktor nodded his head.

”And ever since?”

”…I never stopped,”

Nigel felt a blush appear on his cheeks…it was like watching a romance scene approach the climax and he didn’t know if he should be here listening to their personal story.
Sienna had no trouble turning her head away and acting as if she wasn't even there... as if she was invisible.

Things where proceeding nicely, but... there was a strange tention in the air. A tention she did not understand....

And it was making her nervous as hell.
Nigel shared a glance with Sienna before he got the courage to pipe up.

”Um…would you two like us to leave?” he asked but was shot down as Viktor glared at him.

”No need. This conversation is over. Even though you know my feelings...there will never be anything more between us than friends Letta. Nigel, Sienna, next time mind your own business,” Viktor said crossly as with a few strides the large dog was out of the den and walking away from them.

Nicoletta was speechless and sorta hurt as she watched Viktor leave and she turned to Sienna and Nigel for answers.

”I don’t understand…if he loves me…then why would he not want anything more?” she asked and Nigel was sorry he had no answers for her. He only flattened his ears at the mistake he and Sienna made in the spur of the moment.
Sienna stared at Viktor as he went passed her...

And suddenly snapped.

With a soft growl, she didn't wait for anyone's response; instead, she hurried out of the den right after him.

She knew her behaviour probably shocked Nigel and Nicoletta, going after Viktor like that....

But in truth, she wás ashamed. She had never meant for this to happen... of course. Yet, now that it had... she wouldn't let Viktor off the hook like thát.

She ran after him, and before even fully catching up, the words had left her mouth before she had considered this to be a good idea.

- ''Viktor! What the héll?''

She couldn't help but sound a little angry... and part of her wás. But not just at him, for walking away... also at herself.

One thing was certain; she nééded a word with the guy.
K.A.T
Beta

Post by K.A.T » 02-07-2012 18:12

Nicoletta sat there like a stone, frozen and speechless as she tried to process what in the world just happened. She still couldn't wrap her mind around what she just learned...and she was now facing an inner dilemma.

After all these years...Viktor had loved her? How could she be so blind? But then again after Bardulf she hadn't been really thinking of becoming another male's mate. She had to admit her closest male friend was Viktor and there were times when she felt like she cherished him more than just her best friend.

But...

He really loved her after all these years? Any other male would have given up by now and gotten himself a family and everything. Viktor was 7 years old too and not getting any younger and all in all hadn't expressed any desire to settle down yet. She remembered jokingly asking him before if he thought about it and he always gave her a gentle smile and changed the topic.

Now she knew why...because he had never stopped loving her...

It brought unknown tears to her eyes as she thought about her friend. What did she feel about him?

Did she love him more than a friend?

While Nicoletta stayed silent deep in her thoughts, Nigel had a concerned look on his face as he watched his mother maul over everything.

When Viktor walked past him Nigel felt the large dog brush his shoulder roughly and Nigel flinched at how unhappy they had made him.
With a soft growl, she didn't wait for anyone's response; instead, she hurried out of the den right after him.
Before Nigel or Nicoletta got a chance to say anything, Sienna growled and bolted out of the den right after Viktor and Nigel couldn't stop her.

Instead he allowed her to talk to Viktor while he stayed with his mother. He walked over to her and sat next to her, silently watching her as she was pensive.

Viktor walked along, thinking over everything and feeling troubled as he had never wanted Nicoletta to actually know. He knew his friend was a bit oblivious to things around her and that was perfectly fine with him as he could never tell her the truth...how he was indirectly responsible for Bardulf's death.

How could she ever trust him again if he told her the truth? He'd lose her friendship forever. Just loving her from afar was fine by him....

...Except he couldn't get rid of the hurt and rejected look on her face when he told her they could be nothing more than friends.
She ran after him, and before even fully catching up, the words had left her mouth before she had considered this to be a good idea.

- ''Viktor! What the héll?''
Viktor didn't stop moving when he heard Sienna's angry voice behind him.

Truth be told he should be the one who's angry.

But he decided he might as well let the firey female know his story.

"Not here. If you want to know why, then follow me," he said as he kept on walking back to his den.

After walking for a while he entered his den, pushing his way through the skin flap acting as a door and walked in, moving towards his water bowl to get a drink and then without turning around he addressed her.

"Did you ever think there was a reason I didn't tell her my feelings?" he asked her as he sighed, staring at his reflection in the water.
Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 02-07-2012 18:35

Viktor didn't stop moving when he heard Sienna's angry voice behind him.

"Not here. If you want to know why, then follow me," he said as he kept on walking back to his den.
Sienna was so surprised that she almost tripped over her own feet... but with his calm words, he just knocked all her weapons from her hands.

Intrigued, she calmed down and came besides him in a trot... but didn't look at him. Instead, ears still back, she silently trotted along, looking ahead....

Oh, she was ashamed. Far more the Viktor probably could understand.
Nigel had been right. They had mingled in affairs that did not concern them... and they had been wrong in doing so. Maybe they had been wrong in bringing Noah and Sierra together, too, but at least that had turned out for the best....

And she had only wanted to see Viktor and Nicoletta happy, too. A blind pup could see they meant to be together... so why did Viktor refuse? He loved her... she was sure of it....

She send a quick glance his way. If only she understood....
After walking for a while he entered his den, pushing his way through the skin flap acting as a door and walked in, moving towards his water bowl to get a drink and then without turning around he addressed her.

"Did you ever think there was a reason I didn't tell her my feelings?" he asked her as he sighed, staring at his reflection in the water.
Sienna followed quietly into his den, but kept her distance. And as he asked her... she cringed.

- ''I know now... But I know that it's no excuse and doesn't make things any better.'' She said, softly. ''Viktor... I... I am so sorry. I didn't mean to hurt anyone. I guess I was just to impulsive...''

She came his way, slowly.

- ''But... whatever could be so bad that you do not want to be at your beloved's side?'' She asked, softer now.

She wanted to touch his shoulder with her nose, but refrained from it. She knew wolves touched a lot more then dogs tended to do. She didn't want to be even more intrusive, after her first mistake....
K.A.T
Beta

Post by K.A.T » 02-07-2012 19:22

Viktor sighed as he remembered the memory.

How he happened upon the scene, hid himself behind a den and watched everything unfold. He saw Nicoletta, with two young pups huddled near her, he saw the tall grey wolf standing in front of her, protecting her from the other wolves across from him.

The black wolf was antagonizing them, shouting how Nicoletta was a swine who had tricked the wolf and played his heart.

He remembered how angry he felt and how much he wanted to charge in and wrap his fangs around that black wolf's neck.

But the grey wolf, Bardulf, beat him to it. And Viktor could only watch helplessly from the sidelines as the woman he loved, loved another and he would never be anything more to her.

And he remembered the fight, the black wolf against Bardulf, and how Bardulf easily won, how Viktor was even happy that the grey wolf had won against the black wolf.

But then remembering seeing that human raise his gun, and Viktor didn't do anything to stop it, and seeing Nicoletta abandon her pups to go to her lover's side.....

The pain in his heart would never go away, it would always remind him of how he was unable to do anything. How he had indirectly caused the death of the lover of Nicoletta. How could she forgive him if he told her that he had a chance to change everything?

If he told her that he had the chance to allow Bardulf to be with his family...wouldn't Nicoletta hate him for taking the life that Bardulf would have had?

Viktor felt Sienna move closer to him as he stared at his reflection. When she was close enough he heard her speak.
- ''I know now... But I know that it's no excuse and doesn't make things any better.'' She said, softly. ''Viktor... I... I am so sorry. I didn't mean to hurt anyone. I guess I was just to impulsive...''

She came his way, slowly.

- ''But... whatever could be so bad that you do not want to be at your beloved's side?'' She asked, softer now.
He couldn't be angry with her, she only had the well-being of both him and Nicoletta in mind. Viktor wasn't angry, just perhaps a bit miffed but what's done was done and there was nothing he could do to rewind time and stuff the youngsters faces with hay before they said anything.

No, the cat was out of the bag...well dog that is...and he might as well tell Sienna why he would refuse the love of his life.

"It's alright. I've already forgiven you and Nigel. You didn't hurt anyone. You just let some things be heard that shouldn't be," he started as he lifted his head from staring into his water bowl to look at her.

He nodded his head towards the pile of hay nearby.

"Get comfortable, it's a long story," he told her simply as he walked past her to lay down in the hay and patted the spot opposite him.

"For one thing...although Nicoletta may be my childhood friend. I don't know what she feels for me. It could be nothing more than just friends as I have known she still is very much in love with her late lover. Her eyes still shine and tears still come up with she thinks of him. Who am I to compete with a dead guy? How cruel would it be to the memory of him to rip Letta away and take her for myself? I can't be selfish with her...I love her, and I want her happy but taking her away isn't the right thing to do.

I'll just start at the beginning.

We were friends since we were born, our parents being close friends. From the minute we could run and jump and play we were together. So much so everyone spoke as if we were siblings. Letta and I were young, we didn't think much of it, but the older I got the more my feelings for her changed. And with that change my personality and actions towards her changed too. I became silly, a show-off, pompous even in front of her to impress her. Obviously she wasn't impressed if you can tell.

But perhaps she had some small feeling for me as I would catch her looking my way sometimes. But it all changed when she went missing and after she got back. I was frantic with worry and mothered hened her yet she seemed a bit distant from me, always lost in thought. I still loved her though I had lost some of that show-off streak. I took my time just taking care of her.

I noticed she changed more over time and I was suspicious of something but I never believed it. I didn't even know that I had already lost her. The time when Bardulf was resting here and they were spending time together...I had already lost the fight and the wolf had already won.

It was a hard blow and when she became pregnant I felt betrayed...out of anger and self-pity I left her alone, and allowed her to be the target of ridicule in the village. But even if I had lost, I still loved her and I realized I would forever. So I supressed my love and became her friend again.

That was all good and swell....until the wolf pack first attack against us,"
Viktor spoke and took a moment to collect his thoughts and give her a small glance.

"You have any questions? Have I lost you on memory lane?" he asked with a small hint of a smile in his features.
Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 02-07-2012 19:33

"It's alright. I've already forgiven you and Nigel. You didn't hurt anyone. You just let some things be heard that shouldn't be," he started as he lifted his head from staring into his water bowl to look at her.
The painful tention was lifted at least a little; Sienna now dared to gently nuzzle his shoulder and give in to that instinct.

- ''If only I had kept my mouth shut...''
He nodded his head towards the pile of hay nearby.

"Get comfortable, it's a long story," he told her simply as he walked past her to lay down in the hay and patted the spot opposite him.
She took his invitation and layed down besides him, her tail wrapped around her body. She wanted to be polite, and her scent was anything but. Thus, she made sure it wouldn't spread around everywhere....

And she was dying to hear why Viktor was so upset....
"For one thing...although Nicoletta may be my childhood friend. I don't know what she feels for me. It could be nothing more than just friends as I have known she still is very much in love with her late lover. Her eyes still shine and tears still come up with she thinks of him. Who am I to compete with a dead guy? How cruel would it be to the memory of him to rip Letta away and take her for myself? I can't be selfish with her...I love her, and I want her happy but taking her away isn't the right thing to do.

I'll just start at the beginning.

While Sienna wanted nothing more then to assure him, then to tell him she was quite certain of Nicoletta's feelings for him... she knew better then to speak up. Besides, that'd be speaking out of line a second time! She wouldn't make that mistake twice. No... Nicoletta and Viktor had to do this themselves... as she should have known before she had opened her big mouth....

We were friends since we were born, our parents being close friends. From the minute we could run and jump and play we were together. So much so everyone spoke as if we were siblings. Letta and I were young, we didn't think much of it, but the older I got the more my feelings for her changed. And with that change my personality and actions towards her changed too. I became silly, a show-off, pompous even in front of her to impress her. Obviously she wasn't impressed if you can tell.

A little smile curled around Sienna's face. She could hardly imagine a pompous Viktor....

But perhaps she had some small feeling for me as I would catch her looking my way sometimes. But it all changed when she went missing and after she got back. I was frantic with worry and mothered hened her yet she seemed a bit distant from me, always lost in thought. I still loved her though I had lost some of that show-off streak. I took my time just taking care of her.

I noticed she changed more over time and I was suspicious of something but I never believed it. I didn't even know that I had already lost her. The time when Bardulf was resting here and they were spending time together...I had already lost the fight and the wolf had already won.

Her ears turned back slightly. Poor, poor Viktor...

It was a hard blow and when she became pregnant I felt betrayed...out of anger and self-pity I left her alone, and allowed her to be the target of ridicule in the village. But even if I had lost, I still loved her and I realized I would forever. So I supressed my love and became her friend again.

That was all good and swell....until the wolf pack first attack against us,"
Viktor spoke and took a moment to collect his thoughts and give her a small glance.

"You have any questions? Have I lost you on memory lane?" he asked with a small hint of a smile in his features.
Sienna shook her head quietly. So far... it was more then clear. Instead, she looked into his eyes, sincere and wishing to hear more....
K.A.T
Beta

Post by K.A.T » 02-07-2012 19:54

Sienna shook her head quietly. So far... it was more then clear. Instead, she looked into his eyes, sincere and wishing to hear more....
Viktor nodded, glad that she didn't look at him with distaste or anything. To think that he spoke of how he loved Nicoletta yet he had left his friend at the time she needd him. When she was pregnant and unable to fend for herself too well, he had left her to be ostracized by the village. He had realized his mistake a bit too late and was ever thankful that Nicoletta forgave him for being such an ass.

"Good. Now back to my sob story...

So the wolf pack attacked us...I thought for sure it was Bardulf getting revenge or something along those lines and my first instinct was to look for Nicoletta. I was all the way across the village and I prayed to the great kings that I wasn't too late.

But when I got there it seemed that the party started without me. I hid myself behind a den and watched everything unfold from my position.

There was Nicoletta, hugging her two baby sons close to her chest, and there was a large grey wolf standing in front of her, protecting her from a group of wolves that looked savage and ready for blood.

I was close enough to hear their talk, they weren't being too quiet about it but I was far enough that they didn't notice me in their frenzy.

I learned that the grey wolf was Bardulf, the black wolf was Alvin, and from my bystander point of view I was shocked to believe that he called Nicoletta a female swine who stole and tricked Bardulf. I wanted to march in there and teach that wolf a lesson, but I remained in my place as I watched Bardulf confess that he loved Nicoletta.

The look that passed between Nicoletta and Bardulf made my heart break into a million pieces. To hear that the woman I loved loved another...it was devastating, yet I remained there to hear the rest. At least then I knew the reason why Nicoletta had changed. Because of Bardulf.

Soon though Bardulf and Alvin progressed into a heated fight, but it was clear who was the stronger one. When it seemed like the battle was coming to an end....something happened then...something that changed the lives of us forever....and take the blame for letting it happen,"
he said and took a breather, his eyes were getting moist and he tried his best to not make a complete fool out of himself by crying in front of Sienna.

"One of the humans had made it over here from the commotion of the fight. I saw him raise that gun to aim at the black wolf. I remained rooted to the spot, I had even thought "Yes this human will end everything" and I didn't do anything as I watched that human fire his gun.

My heart literally plunged to the depths of hell as I saw Bardulf take the bullet and Nicoletta immediately abandon her newborn pups to go to her lover. At that moment I realized the grave mistake I had made. If I had stopped that human, if I had bitten his leg or perhaps knocked him over....Bardulf would still be alive right now...with his family...and yet he isn't...because I indirectly caused his death.

If Nicoletta were to learn that her lover died because of something I could have prevented...how do you think she will react? She loved that guy with every ounce of her being and I took him away from her. I could see the love they had. A part of me rejoiced when I saw Bardulf shot but to my horror, I ran off with the human when I saw Nicoletta crying over his still body.

I ran like a coward and I'm still a damn coward...I should never have come back to her...but when I saw her state, with her pups, I couldn't leave her alone, yet everday with her is a painful reminder of me living my sin..."
he finished as a tear escaped his eye and rolled down his black face.

He turned to Sienna and fixed her with a gaze.

"Can you understand now why I have never told her? How can I tell her I love her yet not tell her what I could have prevented? That would break her? I can't do that to her," he said as he turned his face again to hide the tears that were rolling down his face.

How cool was he? Big scarred guy crying his eyes out like a little girl...god he felt pathetic.
Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 02-07-2012 22:44

So the wolf pack attacked us...I thought for sure it was Bardulf getting revenge or something along those lines and my first instinct was to look for Nicoletta. I was all the way across the village and I prayed to the great kings that I wasn't too late.

But when I got there it seemed that the party started without me. I hid myself behind a den and watched everything unfold from my position.

There was Nicoletta, hugging her two baby sons close to her chest, and there was a large grey wolf standing in front of her, protecting her from a group of wolves that looked savage and ready for blood.

I was close enough to hear their talk, they weren't being too quiet about it but I was far enough that they didn't notice me in their frenzy.

I learned that the grey wolf was Bardulf, the black wolf was Alvin, and from my bystander point of view I was shocked to believe that he called Nicoletta a female swine who stole and tricked Bardulf. I wanted to march in there and teach that wolf a lesson, but I remained in my place as I watched Bardulf confess that he loved Nicoletta.
As Viktor continued, it already began to dawn to Sienna...
Viktor had séén it...
JUST seen it...
And had stayed... hidden...
The look that passed between Nicoletta and Bardulf made my heart break into a million pieces. To hear that the woman I loved loved another...it was devastating, yet I remained there to hear the rest. At least then I knew the reason why Nicoletta had changed. Because of Bardulf.
How could she blame him? How could ANYONE blame him?
Should he have stepped in? Perhaps.... but with your heart breaking...

Just imagining it was Nigel.... Nigel, telling someone how he loved another...

Her heart went out to Viktor.
Soon though Bardulf and Alvin progressed into a heated fight, but it was clear who was the stronger one. When it seemed like the battle was coming to an end....something happened then...something that changed the lives of us forever....and take the blame for letting it happen,"[/b] he said and took a breather, his eyes were getting moist and he tried his best to not make a complete fool out of himself by crying in front of Sienna.

"One of the humans had made it over here from the commotion of the fight. I saw him raise that gun to aim at the black wolf. I remained rooted to the spot, I had even thought "Yes this human will end everything" and I didn't do anything as I watched that human fire his gun.

Sienna's ears turned back. She knew what had happend... she knew who had died. And now, she knew why Viktor was so unwilling to share his feelings for Nicoletta with her....

My heart literally plunged to the depths of hell as I saw Bardulf take the bullet and Nicoletta immediately abandon her newborn pups to go to her lover. At that moment I realized the grave mistake I had made. If I had stopped that human, if I had bitten his leg or perhaps knocked him over....Bardulf would still be alive right now...with his family...and yet he isn't...because I indirectly caused his death.

She understood.

Her ears sunk back; her eyes turned to the ground as she tried to think of herself in Nicoletta's position... hearing this.
It would damn well break her heart....

If Nicoletta were to learn that her lover died because of something I could have prevented...how do you think she will react? She loved that guy with every ounce of her being and I took him away from her. I could see the love they had. A part of me rejoiced when I saw Bardulf shot but to my horror, I ran off with the human when I saw Nicoletta crying over his still body.

I ran like a coward and I'm still a damn coward...I should never have come back to her...but when I saw her state, with her pups, I couldn't leave her alone, yet everday with her is a painful reminder of me living my sin..."
he finished as a tear escaped his eye and rolled down his black face.
So much pain and sadness... over things that had once been. Things that couldn't be changed...

Yet, now she fully understood what she had done. And a deep shame filled her... knowing she had forced poor Viktor into this....
He turned to Sienna and fixed her with a gaze.
"Can you understand now why I have never told her? How can I tell her I love her yet not tell her what I could have prevented? That would break her? I can't do that to her," he said as he turned his face again to hide the tears that were rolling down his face.

How cool was he? Big scarred guy crying his eyes out like a little girl...god he felt pathetic.
Sienna softly nuzzled Viktor's face.

- ''But there's one thing you haven't thought about.'' She said, softly. ''One little detail...''

She paused and tried to catch his glance.

- ''Viktor... imagine you would have acted. Who is to say it would have ended differently? How do you know? You tried to do the right thing. You didn't want Bardulf dead... It was Alvin you thought would die that day....''

She sighed deeply and turned her eyes to the ground.

- ''I understand now...'' She had to gulp to keep her own emotions under control. ''I understand... yet, it's not certain things would have been any different if you had tried to come inbetween. In fact...''

She raised her eyes to the roof, and a lone tear escaped from the corner of her eye.

- ''You can blame yourself eternally... and you have. But would she?''

It was all she could say.

She understood... understood his pain. And there was nothing that could change what had happend... mistakes of the past....
But what would Nicoletta say, indeed? She had no clue....