Brother to Brother (PRP Alakai - later Nakisha)

The wide open plains of Hekaya, where many species live together. With wide grasslands and beautiful lakes, a perfect place to live.
K.A.T
Beta

Brother to Brother (PRP Alakai - later Nakisha)

Post by K.A.T » 17-05-2011 02:51

Brother to Brother

How many years has it been? A male wolf raised his head to the sky as he thought about the events that have lead up to the present he was currently in. The past still haunted him, reminding him of how he had failed his duty as a son. He hadn't been able to save them. His family, murdered, slaughtered like pigs in a butcher's market.

The memory was fresh, as if it happened yesterday when in truth it always came back to replay in his mind every night. That rainy day. How he felt a sense of foreboding and dread as he neared his family grounds. Shivers went up his spine and got a bad feeling, but he dismissed them as superstitions. Yet when he came upon the sight, the bloody sight, of his family, killed, throats torn and brutally mangled, a cry had been wrenched from his throat.

He had found his mother and saw that she was on her last few breaths. She told him that she was happy he was home, and that she wished for him to find his little brother, Alakai, who had mercifully enough been able to escape the carnage. That was her last wish as she passed on. With tears blended in with the rain, Alaric had buried his parents and his little siblings (he didn't even know them) and then set out to fulfill his mother's dying wish.

So he had a little brother. Alakai his name was. What did he look like? Was he similar to him or to mom and dad at all? Would Alaric be even able to recognize a 3 year old male wolf now as his brother? Yet he didn't give up. He traveled around the land searching and asking if anyone had seen a wolf who resembled him pass around. Some said yes and pointed directions out, some said no.

A year has passed now since Alaric first set out on his journey. But so far he wasn't anywhere closer than where he started. All he knew was that his brother was safe and healthy, handsome and was around, but apparently not near enough for him to reach. Alaric sighed as he rose from his makeshift den. It was a new day and not a day to waste revisiting the past. He will succeed. Perhaps then he would re-bond with his little sibling, share stories and get to know the siblings he never knew. There were also rumors going round about how a male that looked like him got a mate. How interesting. A new family already.

That made Alaric a bit sad at the thought. He had been so intent on finding his brother that he had little time to socialize with females and choose a potential mate. But so far none of them have spiked his interest. They were all the same, cliche and overrated. Though the search for his brother took much the majority of his time and attention, Alaric would mind having a female traveling with him. Would certainly relieve the loneliness he felt at times.

The 4.5 year old male shook out his fur and went down to a stream to freshen up and drink his fill, focused on getting breakfast and getting back on the trail of his long lost little brother.

Alaric wondered what kind of brother he would have, and if he would be willing to become brothers again and stick together as a family pack. He finished washing up in the stream and looked around the area for some breakfast.
alakai
Beta

Post by alakai » 18-05-2011 03:47

Stellaluna ran. She ran with tears in her eyes. They weren't tears of sadness, no, they were tears of hate. She couldn't take her family anymore. Especially her brothers. She could hear them chasing after her trying to get her to come back. She can't go back, she WOULDN'T go back. She wouldn't go back to those damn male dogs! She hated everyone of them!" Damn fuck heads! Why are males so stupid??? I hate every one of them!" she screamed out as she ran. She turned this way, and that way, attempting to lose her brothers. Why did her brothers have to be such ASSHOLES?? They wanted her to be part of their plan to take over the world, and gather as many females as they could, build up a pack that no other pack would rival. She didn't want any part of it, so that's why she ran, and ever since then, she didn't want to run into any other male again. She couldn't trust them anymore. If one should ever cross her path, she would make sure they were sorry they did! As she continued to run, she wasn't watching where she was going and she misstepped, and she took a little stumble off the edge and went tumbling down the embankment. She tumbled head over tail, and splashed into the river below. She went below the surface, continuing to tumble around, water frothing around her, enveloping her whole body, water running up her nose. She attempted to swim back to the surface, but the current was too strong and the current kept her under the surface. Finally she managed to make her way to the surface for a bit, just managing a breath of air before being dragged back under. GREAT. How the HELL was she supposed to work her way out of THIS???
Image Image
K.A.T
Beta

Post by K.A.T » 18-05-2011 04:11

(lovely way to meet a girl :D )

After finishing up at the small stream, Alaric had decided he was in the mood for breakfast. What could would his body do him in his search for his little brother if he didn't have enough strength? And so he followed the stream towards a larger body of water. A river. There was bound to be critters around here that were good enough to eat.

He sniffed around, nose working as he smelled for something meaty and juicy to eat. Ah ha!!! Juicy deer up and about in the morning. Perfect. With hope he trotted towards the area where the scent of deer was the strongest and through his vintage could spot a small herd of deer. A lead buck and four females. Oh look, one had a deerling. He'd be sure to leave that pair alone. Now if he knew bucks, they would always sacrifice the weak for the safety of the entire pack. Just what he needed.

There among the herd was a lame doe, a hind leg hunched up and looking useless as she hopped along. Alaric braced his muscles and crouched, slipping closer towards the deer, his icy blue eyes intent on his prey. Once he was in lunging range, he jumped from his spot and landed on the back of the lame doe. As he predicted, the buck bellowed and herded the others away, leaving the doe behind.

The doe seemed to accept her fate and collapsed onto her side. Alaric made her end fast and painless. He gripped her neck in his jaws and with a quick twist of his head, snapped her neck, killing her. Satisfied, he let the doe down to the ground and muttered a small thanks as he licked his lips to begin breakfast.

That was until his ears perked and he heard a distance shouting and the sounds of paws in splashing water. The blue and white wolf whipped his head around in time to see a dark furred body come tumbling down a small cliff and plunge into the river below. Forgetting his breakfast for the moment, he took off in the direction of where he saw the body fall.

As he ran he saw a head reappear out of the water and then get sucked back in. A female by her slight stature. A female in trouble more like it. Alaric jumped into the river, the water coming up to his stomach and he ran through until he was sure the female was floating near him. He saw a patch of dark fur in the water and he drove his muzzle into the river.

His teeth found ground in her scuff and he heaved with his might and easily pulled her out with his strength. By no means was Alaric a buffy muscular guy. He was lean but still fit and his smooth fur covered tight muscle.

With ease he picked her up from the water so that she could breathe and then with more difficulty waded out of the rushing river and set the female on the bank near dry land. He let her down gently and peered down at her, his fur dripping from his stomach down. His icy eyes displayed concern as he looked at the female who was smaller than him.

"Miss? You hurt anyway?" he asked her choosing not to go with the typical "are you alright" approach. He learned long ago that some folks didn't take too well to that question. Of course they weren't alright! So he opted for another option. He pressed a paw to her diaphragm and pressed a little to help her heave all the water she gulped out.
alakai
Beta

Post by alakai » 23-05-2011 03:07

As he ran he saw a head reappear out of the water and then get sucked back in. A female by her slight stature. A female in trouble more like it. Alaric jumped into the river, the water coming up to his stomach and he ran through until he was sure the female was floating near him. He saw a patch of dark fur in the water and he drove his muzzle into the river.

His teeth found ground in her scuff and he heaved with his might and easily pulled her out with his strength. By no means was Alaric a buffy muscular guy. He was lean but still fit and his smooth fur covered tight muscle.

With ease he picked her up from the water so that she could breathe and then with more difficulty waded out of the rushing river and set the female on the bank near dry land. He let her down gently and peered down at her, his fur dripping from his stomach down. His icy eyes displayed concern as he looked at the female who was smaller than him.

"Miss? You hurt anyway?" he asked her choosing not to go with the typical "are you alright" approach. He learned long ago that some folks didn't take too well to that question. Of course they weren't alright! So he opted for another option. He pressed a paw to her diaphragm and pressed a little to help her heave all the water she gulped out.
Tumbling darkness. The rivers current was tumbling her head over tail and she no longer knew which way was up. Her head broke the surface, and she was coughing up water, as quickly as she was involuntarily gulping it down. As the river swallowed her beneath the surface again, she thought this was the end. She thought that her life was going to end not the way she planned. She suddenly felt something sharp, tightly grip onto the scruff of her neck and pull her out of the water. Her body went limp as she was dragged out of the water, everything still dark and fuzzy. She was a little groggy as she tried to see who was saving her, but her vision was just not clearing up. She blacked out again as she was set down on the ground on her side. Who the hell was calling her 'miss'? She suddenly felt something press on her stomach, which made her gurgle up the remaining water from her throat. She coughed up the rest of the water she swallowed, clenching her eyes a bit. She blinked her eyes, trying to clear the blurriness out of them. Still groggy, she looked up into the eyes of her savior, and was about to thank them, when her vision cleared, and was looking into the eyes of a male. Her eyes widened and a snarl appeared on her face." Who the hell are YOU? Why did you save me?? I had EVERYTHING under control!!" she snapped out, attempting to rise to her feet, but collapsing again. She groaned out and rubbed her head with her paws. She must of hit her head on a rock or something, cause her head hurt like HELL! She looked up upon the male again, glaring daggers at him." WELL?? What made you have the NERVE to save me?" she snapped again as she continued to glare at him, bearing her teeth.
Image Image
K.A.T
Beta

Post by K.A.T » 23-05-2011 04:16

She suddenly felt something press on her stomach, which made her gurgle up the remaining water from her throat. She coughed up the rest of the water she swallowed, clenching her eyes a bit. She blinked her eyes, trying to clear the blurriness out of them. Still groggy, she looked up into the eyes of her savior, and was about to thank them, when her vision cleared, and was looking into the eyes of a male. Her eyes widened and a snarl appeared on her face." Who the hell are YOU? Why did you save me?? I had EVERYTHING under control!!" she snapped out, attempting to rise to her feet, but collapsing again. She groaned out and rubbed her head with her paws. She must of hit her head on a rock or something, cause her head hurt like HELL! She looked up upon the male again, glaring daggers at him." WELL?? What made you have the NERVE to save me?" she snapped again as she continued to glare at him, bearing her teeth.
Alaric was quite taken aback by her vicious outburst. Obviously she had something against males in general. Pity, she's a real beauty too. Some how he doubt she would enjoy any compliments from him. But being the understanding guy that he was he didn't hold anything against her. He didn't even look pissed or even a bit annoyed that she was biting at the paw that saved her.

"Who am I? Well if you don't mind me telling you. I'm Alaric and your savior because I had the unyielding impulse to help you who were having trouble with the rapids. And yes I am sure you did have everything under control before the water decided to pull you under," he said in a calm way and not at all patronizing.

His fur was still dripping wet but he disregarded that, more focused on if the girl was gonna catch a cold or not from her still sopping wet fur. Alaric wanted to step forward to help her, but knew that if he tried, he'd get nothing but an earful of her yelling or a nip somewhere.

When she tried standing up and then collapsing back onto the ground that got his body moving. He bent to help her to her feet and guide her to his den where he could give her food and let her dry up and rest for a while. And then if she choose to let out her anger at him, so be it, he'd take it.

Don't get him wrong, he was definitely not a masochist in any way shape or form. He was just a genuinely caring guy, who was very patient and understanding. Hard to come by those types of males these days. His mother once told him that he was so perfect that females would be lining up to be his mate. While his mother wasn't 100% right, he did get a few interested females here and there.

Alaric's observing ice blue eyes didn't miss a thing. He noticed she was rubbing her head and guessed that her fall must have landed on something her head didn't quite agree upon. Something hard and not good for breaking falls.

"Please let me help you Miss. What made me have the nerve? Well I have a lot of nerves and they jump started the adrenaline rush that urged me to save you. Is it a crime that I saved you? Would you have me rather leave you to drown? Please say no by the way," he added with a small smile as he once again tried to get near enough to help her.

"Please don't bite me or try to attack me, I'm only helping," he thought as he warily approached her. He wasn't angry or anything, just a tiny bit miffed that she wasn't cooperating for her own good.
alakai
Beta

Post by alakai » 27-05-2011 05:18

"Who am I? Well if you don't mind me telling you. I'm Alaric and your savior because I had the unyielding impulse to help you who were having trouble with the rapids. And yes I am sure you did have everything under control before the water decided to pull you under," he said in a calm way and not at all patronizing.

His fur was still dripping wet but he disregarded that, more focused on if the girl was gonna catch a cold or not from her still sopping wet fur. Alaric wanted to step forward to help her, but knew that if he tried, he'd get nothing but an earful of her yelling or a nip somewhere.

When she tried standing up and then collapsing back onto the ground that got his body moving. He bent to help her to her feet and guide her to his den where he could give her food and let her dry up and rest for a while. And then if she choose to let out her anger at him, so be it, he'd take it.
Stella listened half heartedly, still rubbing her head with her paws, trying to soothe the searing pain coursing through her temples. She groaned, as she attempted to look up at him again." A..alaric? What the hell kind of name is that?? she scoffed, laughing mixed with another groan. She attempted to rise to her feet again, managing to get to all four paws, but she was shaking uncontrollably. Water was dripping from her body, mainly from her belly, and now she had the shakes and shivers of being cold. She scrunched up and wrapped her tail around herself, trying to get herself warmed up, but the sun was not quite high enough yet, as it was still mid morning." Dammit that river was cold!!" she said, shivering uncontrollably now.
Don't get him wrong, he was definitely not a masochist in any way shape or form. He was just a genuinely caring guy, who was very patient and understanding. Hard to come by those types of males these days. His mother once told him that he was so perfect that females would be lining up to be his mate. While his mother wasn't 100% right, he did get a few interested females here and there.

Alaric's observing ice blue eyes didn't miss a thing. He noticed she was rubbing her head and guessed that her fall must have landed on something her head didn't quite agree upon. Something hard and not good for breaking falls.

"Please let me help you Miss. What made me have the nerve? Well I have a lot of nerves and they jump started the adrenaline rush that urged me to save you. Is it a crime that I saved you? Would you have me rather leave you to drown? Please say no by the way," he added with a small smile as he once again tried to get near enough to help her.

"Please don't bite me or try to attack me, I'm only helping," he thought as he warily approached her. He wasn't angry or anything, just a tiny bit miffed that she wasn't cooperating for her own good.
As he spoke again she growled softly to herself. This guy was different. He wasn't like her brothers, who were tyrants tempted to take over the world. This guy was caring, thoughtful, patient... She narrowed her eyes at him. Why was this guy so tempted on making sure she was alright?" No. No I didn't want to drown..." she said in a low voice, ears lowered. She tensed as he started getting closer, she raised her front lip and gave a small snarl, warning him not to get close. She didn't like the feeling of this male getting close to her, he was already too close for comfort. She jumped back a bit, growling at him, showing him her pearly white K-9's." Stay away from me!! Or I'll bite your face off!" she snapped at him, meaning every single word.
Image Image
K.A.T
Beta

Post by K.A.T » 27-05-2011 15:27

" A..alaric? What the hell kind of name is that?? she scoffed, laughing mixed with another groan. She attempted to rise to her feet again, managing to get to all four paws, but she was shaking uncontrollably. Water was dripping from her body, mainly from her belly, and now she had the shakes and shivers of being cold. She scrunched up and wrapped her tail around herself, trying to get herself warmed up, but the sun was not quite high enough yet, as it was still mid morning." Dammit that river was cold!!" she said, shivering uncontrollably now.
Alaric raised an eyebrow at the female as her sharp tongue stabbed at him. Ouch, a verbal beating. He cleared his throat as he once again tried to get the girl's good side. "Well what's wrong with Alaric? It means 'noble and regal'. If you're cold I can get you to a warmer place, with fresh food too. Would it be that difficult to trust me?" he asked her, almost pleading with her to go with him.

Usually he wouldn't be this forward, he wondered why he was today. Perhaps he didn't want the girl to catch pneumonia and die. Well all he knew was that he didn't want to cause this girl to get sick and die. He was a gentleman, women always came first. Obviously other people would mock him for his chivary, saying that it was archaic and history, but he refused to become a sexist jerk like the others. Was there something wrong with wanting to treat women the way they were suppose to be treated? Well there were exceptions....but he tried not to judge until it was really REALLY necessary.
She narrowed her eyes at him. Why was this guy so tempted on making sure she was alright?" No. No I didn't want to drown..." she said in a low voice, ears lowered. She tensed as he started getting closer, she raised her front lip and gave a small snarl, warning him not to get close. She didn't like the feeling of this male getting close to her, he was already too close for comfort. She jumped back a bit, growling at him, showing him her pearly white K-9's." Stay away from me!! Or I'll bite your face off!" she snapped at him, meaning every single word.
Alaric smiled a bit at her. "Right you didn't want to drown, I don't think anyone does, so I saved you. That's my reason. Good enough?" he asked her, giving her a grin. Oops he stopped advancing when she gave him the lip. His brows were furrowed, concern written on his face, maybe a hint of frustration. But he was determined to get her to a warm dry place and feed her, afterward she could smack him around for all he cared.

"Fine fine, bite my face off, but let me take you to a warm and dry place. Please m'lady. I beg of you, I implore you...trust me?" he asked her as he tucked one paw to his chest and bowed to her, head down, nose pointed to the ground.