Only Vagabonds;; (Nakisha)

The wide open plains of Hekaya, where many species live together. With wide grasslands and beautiful lakes, a perfect place to live.
Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 28-04-2011 19:19

Alfie wagged his tail happily, glancing over his shoulder at his family whilst licking the blood from his muzzle. 
"S'what my mum would say," he turned back to Sienna, smiling sadly. "D'you reckon I'll make an Alpha?" He cocked his head to the side as he watched the female, tail still wagging in a slow but steady rythm.
Sienna's ears perked. Alfie's MOM... it was so sad for the youngster to grow up without a mother....
- ''Alpha?'' That question somehow made her grin widely. ''Maybe, one day. Question is... is it really a position to be desired?'' She winked. ''Being alpha is pretty tough. Honestly, I hope I'll never be one.''
"I think it doesn't help not having a set leader," Alfie frowned, turning back to take another bite from the rabbit and flattening his ears when he realised all was left were the little bones with hardly any meat left to strip from them. "Rosco wants to be   Alpha but my dad says we're equal. And uncle Jack...I think he's just missing the companionship he used to have with his old family...the security there. I don't think he wants to be leader but I think he...wants someone to call his own again, if you catch my drift."
Sienna listened very closely, trying to understand the bonds between the familymembers. So... Rosco and Jay both wanted the alpha position? Jay was not an OFFICIAL alpha. Hmm... and then there was Jack, wanting a mate of his own, a privilege that, in oldfashioned packs, would only be for the alpha pair. It seemed this pack had no firm base, something she had noticed before. She wondered how all of their desires could be met....

Alfie shrugged his shoulders as he began to chew on a bone, lying down. "It's all very well being a family pack, but because you're all related - and male - it's tense sometimes."
Alfie laughed to himself.
"I'm starting to sound like my father, reasoning everything out!" He grinned, nosing through the rest of the carcass to see if he could find anything else worth eating. 
He looked up at Sienna, tail wagging. He hoped she would stay. He was right before; she was having a positive effect on them. Slowly but surely they might all just calm down...
- ''I bet that's hard.'' She finally answered. ''Guess what this pack needs is MORE then ONE female.'' She laughed softly. ''I suddenly wonder if I'll be save, with all the testosterone around...'' She winked playfully.

She tried to get up; she kept her sore paw up. ''I must say, Alfie.... you do have a keen eye on this pack. You know what the adults want. I'm impressed. I wonder though... what do YOU, and your cousin, want?''
~When darkness comes, you know I'm never far~
Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 11-06-2011 17:09

((This one has been idle for a long time... I hope you don't mind, Toki... but I'd rather back out of this one. I have a little too many RP's running. It was fun though, maybe we can continue it later some day.))
~When darkness comes, you know I'm never far~