Only Vagabonds;; (Nakisha)

The wide open plains of Hekaya, where many species live together. With wide grasslands and beautiful lakes, a perfect place to live.
Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 14-02-2011 19:00

((OMG LOL; Family Fight! :lol:))

Alfie noticed Sienna had reached the water, and paddled over to greet her, his tail wagging and his eyes creased by the size of his smile.
"So, how ya doing?" He asked, not noticing how uncomfortable she looked. He glanced behind her at the older wolves, who had decided to confront each other.
Sienna perked her ears, and paused her drinking just for a moment.
- ''Just fine.'' She reassured him, and opened her mouth to ask him the same question... but at that moment, things became heated.
Mattie licked his paws dry before padding over to the adults.
"What are you arguing about...?" He asked quietly. None of them heard him over their growls, which were growing in volume.

"You need to learn to keep your nose out of other people's business!" Jack snapped at Rosco, his tail practically curled over his back in frustration, paws digging into the ground furiously.
Jay's lips pulled back into a snarl. "He never implied anything, so just-."
"And you! Saying you're jealous of something that doesn't exist!" Jack barked back, snapping his teeth at Jay.
The shorter male bristled furiously, about to lunge for his twin when his younger brother interjected.
"Fah! So you're denying liking her, eh? I'm sure she'll be mightily offended!" Rosco taunted, his eyes glinting daringly.

The three brothers glared around at each other, before Jack turned away.
"I'm having none of it," he hissed. "You guys messed up other girl's lives, I'm not going to follow suit. Adieu."

Rosco narrowed his eyes, and watched Jay prickling out of the corner of his eye.
"And what exactly did you mean by that?" The silver wolf growled, following after Jack.

Alfie flattened his ears, trying to keep his attention on Sienna and distract her.
"So uh...tasty water, right?" He forced a smile and lowered his head to let his pink tongue lap at the water, as if to try and prove his point.

Mattie tucked his tail between his legs and hurried back to his cousin and their guest, whimpering.
"They're gonna fight again, I just know it," he whined as he approached the pair.
Alfie lifted his muzzle. "Maybe we should go see if there's any food around so that if they do fight we can surprise them with a snack and then they'll be cheered up..."
Matias pulled a face. "Somehow, I don't think that's a good idea."
The two youngsters stared at the adults as their growls got louder and fiercer, the pair wincing at their sharp words.
Sienna carefully lifted her head and looked over her shoulder, keeping balance quite well this time.
Oh dear... ''Mess up other girls lives''? My, what did Jay expect? Did he think she'd hook up with any of them? She hardly even KNEW them yet... and besides, no way she'd rush into finding a mate! She had time...

She stopped drinking and carefully turned around.
It seemed she had to make things VERY clear to them!
"Well you know what, Jack? You're such a backstabber! Running off with my mate! Your own brother, eh!?" Rosco snarled, Jay trying to place himself between the two, despite wanting to snap at them himself. His head whipped round to watch Jack's response.
"I didn't know you were my brother! I was stolen away before you were even born, remember?" The golden wolf snarled.
Jay flattened his ears as the pair glared at him.
"And you just ruin everything!" Rosco hissed bitterly. "Look at what happened to Alfie! Got his mother knocked up then ran off like a true coward! You deserve to be scarred, so you have to live with those memories for the rest of your life! You're no better than our father..."

Jay's eyes widened, before they darkened furiously. The three had all but forgotten their guest and the yearlings.

Alfie tucked his tail between his legs. He hated when they fought...it was bad enough to watch them biting and clawing at each other, but to listen to their sharp taunts and yelps just plain upset him. Instinctively, he stepped closer to Sienna, wanting to make himself as invisible as possible.
Sienna began to feel more and more annoyed as the guys quarreled on. At least she knew the background now... but what the HELL where they THINKING? That she was some kind of price to be won? Some kind of brainless, gurgling femme that wished for a litter of pups?!!

- ''You two stay right here.'' She suddenly said to Alfie and Mattie, her voice leaving no room for negociating this time. She then limped closer to the males, tail straight behind her, the fur on her back slightly up in frustration.

"How dare you bring him into this..." Jay snarled. "This whole thing starts because you see Sienna, our guest, as nothing but a girl to matchmake and screw with!"
"Stop talking!" Rosco lunged for his older brother, pinning him to the ground as his teeth snapped inches from his face. Jay glared up at the silver wolf, his paws pressed firmly against his chest to keep his jaws away from biting him. Jack sunk his teeth into Rosco's back in an attempt to both pull him off of his twin, and join in with the fight.
Jay heaved his brother off of him and whirled round to bite Jack, who yelped in surprise at the sudden attack.
"Get off me!" The younger wolf hissed, trying to grab ahold of Jay's scruff to yank him off of him. Rosco lunged for Jay's throat, knocking him over. The older wolf grunted in pain as a paw was pressed against his neck and he squirmed to get up.

Alfie shook his head, clenching his eyes shut as he tried to block at the high-pitched whines and snarls.

The fighting trio were interrupted as a smaller wolf slammed into them, snarling furiously. His tail was tucked between his legs however, and his ears were flattened back against his skull.
"Stop it!" Mattie snapped. "Have you forgotten that we - me, Alf and Sienna - are actually here? Grow up and get over yourselves!"
Sienna hadn't managed to reach them in time; they had started fighting... and then, Mattie had been quicker then her to reach them.

Well... so much for ''stay here''. But she couldn't blame the youngster. They where behaving like PUPS... and it seemed they needed a YEARLING to remind them of it.
Jay was the first to gather himself, getting to his feet quickly and pretending nothing had happened.
"Sorry," he mumbled, though his teeth were still slightly bared and the hairs along his spine still stood on end. Jack and Rosco flattened their ears, but still glared at each other.

Well it's all your fault anyway, Jack thought as he glared at the silver wolf. You should just keep your trap shut, you-.

His spiteful thoughts were interrupted by Alfie bounding towards them.
"Hey! Hey I found a warren of rabbits!" He grinned, tongue lolling out and tail wagging frantically. "Aren't I brilliant?"
Jay raised an eyebrow and nodded once. Hmph.

As he passed Sienna he smiled apologetically. "Sorry about all that..." He murmured, and turned away to follow his son before she could respond.
Sienna was surprised; she opened her mouth to give the guys a piece of her mind, despite the first apology of Jay, but Alfie's cry smuthered the words about to come out.

But maybe the fight was done; that STILL didn't mean she would just let it slide!

- ''HOLD IT!''

It was a command, not a request. Sienna turned towards Jay first, eyes shooting fire at him.

- ''We're NOT going ANYWHERE before you guys...'' Her eyes shot at Rosco and Jack, ''... HEAR me OUT.''

She then sat down, relieving her sore front leg. But with hackles raised, she looked bigger and angrier then usual.

- ''I don't know what THAT was all about, but let's make something VERY clear.'' She hissed, looking from one to the other. ''I'm NOT some kind of dumb broad wanting to get knocked up. Not some kind of silly romantic gal that will swoon and faint for a handsome guy. And while I'm sure there's a good reason for the worries and the fighting, I don't want to be talked about like some kind of brainless little BROODMACHINE. GOT IT?!''

She then carefully got up again.

- ''In fact...'' Her anger was slowly fading, and the current situation became very clear once again; she NEEDED them. Damn it. ''... I want you all to understand that I'll just be here as long as I need to be. As soon as I can, I won't be a burden to ANY of you anymore. I'm SURE that'll PLEASE you... won't it, Jay?''

At those last words, she glared at Jay once more, then limped towards Alfie, passing him without even another look.

- ''Now... show us the rabbits, Alfie, dear.'' She said, her voice as usual and a guine smile shining at him.

She wasn't sure how her angry words would fall with them, but at least she had given those overgrown pups a good piece of her mind, dang it!

((LOL, Sienna can be SO very CLEAR. XD))
~When darkness comes, you know I'm never far~
toki333
Warrior

Post by toki333 » 14-02-2011 19:51

((LOL her reaction made me laugh! You GO girl!!))

Mattie flattened his ears as he followed his uncles and father away, slightly guilty that he hadn't listened to Sienna's command to just stay put...but he couldn't stand to watch and listen to his family arguing any longer. He didn't blame Alfie for making himself scarce, either...
- ''HOLD IT!''
The pack all stopped and turned to stare at her, their expressions mirroring that of a rabbit caught in headlights. Mattie tucked his tail between his legs and whined.

If he'd read the atmosphere right, a heated lecture was about to commence...god, he hated tense moments...

- ''We're NOT going ANYWHERE before you guys...'' Her eyes shot at Rosco and Jack, ''... HEAR me OUT.''
The adults all started to sulk at this, sitting down in unison and hanging their heads, watching her carefully. All three winced when it was their turn to have her furious gaze directed at them. Jay went to speak, or at least indicate he was willing to hear her out, but it didn't look like she was going to wait for approval either way.
- ''I don't know what THAT was all about, but let's make something VERY clear.'' She hissed, looking from one to the other. ''I'm NOT some kind of dumb broad wanting to get knocked up. Not some kind of silly romantic gal that will swoon and faint for a handsome guy. And while I'm sure there's a good reason for the worries and the fighting, I don't want to be talked about like some kind of brainless little BROODMACHINE. GOT IT?!''
Rosco bit back a smirk as he listened to her words, recieving glares from Jack and Jay. The twins flinched every time she emphasized a word, not daring to look up and meet her eyes. They were all in the wrong, they knew, but none of them wanted to admit it, so they'd all just look away guiltily...
Again, Jay went to say something - some sort of indication that he understood and had listened to her - but he couldn't find the right time to interject...she didn't seem to be finished with them, anyway.

Rosco, on the other hand, was finding her speech somewhat amusing. He hadn't been lectured by a female before, least of all one talking about her alleged purposes. He took the information in...he just didn't pay too much attention to it, sniggering at his own little thoughts in his airy mind instead.
She then carefully got up again.

- ''In fact...'' Her anger was slowly fading, and the current situation became very clear once again; she NEEDED them. Damn it. ''... I want you all to understand that I'll just be here as long as I need to be. As soon as I can, I won't be a burden to ANY of you anymore. I'm SURE that'll PLEASE you... won't it, Jay?''
Jay jumped as she snapped his name and whimpered as she limped off, shooting him a furious look. He stared back at her, ears flattened back against his head and tail tucked under him as best as he could. Rosco and Jack's mouths hung open slightly.

Rosco trotted after Sienna, glancing over his shoulder at his brothers before snapping at Mattie to stay by his side. His son complied begrudgingly, trailing along beside him. He'd much rather have been at the front of the pack with Sienna and Alfie, where things appeared to be more...calmer?
- ''Now... show us the rabbits, Alfie, dear.'' She said, her voice as usual and a guine smile shining at him.
Alfie himself was a little stunned by her words, still not knowing quite how to react when she spoke to him again.
"Uh...ok..." he murmured. He put his nose to the ground, checking he was heading in the right direction, before leading her and the rest of the pack towards a grassy bank.
"Sienna?" Alfie flattened his ears slightly, his voice very small and quiet. "Um...you don't hate us, do you?" He asked, glancing over his shoulder at the rest of his family. "Everyone, I mean? It's just...we're not normally like this...not really."
He sighed to himself, wagging his tail half-heartedly as he spotted small rabbit holes dotted across the patch of land. All they had to do was try and catch some now...

At the back of the pack, Jay ambled along, not quite sure what to do with himself or how to react. He would apologise, but he wasn't entirely certain that would go down well...nor was he overly sure how he should go about it. Undoubtedly, he was sulking though. He glared at his brothers ahead as they padded along in silence, too, all three of them like pups that had just been scolded by their mother.
He sighed heavily, his feet feeling like lead weights. He really couldn't be bothered to follow them...it wasn't like they'd miss him for an hour or two, if they were busy with some rabbits.
Jack noticed his twin slowly drifting away from the pack in no particular direction - and not appearing to really realise or care that he was doing so - but didn't say anything. He felt it was all his fault anyway - since the argument had technically been started and fuelled by him. He felt guilty, too - he hadn't meant to say what he did to his brothers, and upset the youngsters.

Alfie stopped, staring out at the small patch of grass. There was no sign of rabbits out in the open, but he could faintly see and smell some hiding under shrubs and bushes as they watched the wolves.
He turned to Sienna. "As you've probably noticed," he nodded to her injured leg. "I'm not exactly a skilled or tactical hunter - so what's your plan for the whole schubang?"

Jay settled down a few metres distance from his family so that he could have his peace and quiet - solitude time to think, and sulk. He watched them, constantly looking out for threats or dangers and observing their behaviour - only unlike the norm, it was from afar. He didn't feel like mingling with them until earlier's events had died down. He felt pretty bad for Sienna - she hadn't exactly had a good few days, had she?

Jack, the first to pluck up the courage to approach Sienna, flattened his ears as he walked to her side, glancing over his shoulder to see if he could spot where his twin had - to put it nicely - buggered off too.
"Um...what's the plan?" He asked quietly, his voice slightly hoarse. He didn't dare look her in the eye, so he instead focused on her feet, ears still turned back and tail held low.
Just apologise, damn it, he hissed at himself. You were in the wrong, so you should just say sorry. Perhaps she'll even forgive and forget if you make the effort...who knows?

"Sorry about...y'know..." he cleared his throat, looking away. "Fighting and stuff. I'm sorry if I - we - offended you at all."
Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 14-02-2011 23:24

((Hehe, yep, Sienna is quite a strongminded gal... :P))

Pleased with the fact that the males had taken her angry words like obedient young pups, she was pacing on. She wished she could go faster, but her limp leg prevented it.

MALES... they where all overgrown PUPS! She shook her head slightly. Unbelievable....

Alfie himself was a little stunned by her words, still not knowing quite how to react when she spoke to him again.
"Uh...ok..." he murmured. He put his nose to the ground, checking he was heading in the right direction, before leading her and the rest of the pack towards a grassy bank.
"Sienna?" Alfie flattened his ears slightly, his voice very small and quiet. "Um...you don't hate us, do you?" He asked, glancing over his shoulder at the rest of his family. "Everyone, I mean? It's just...we're not normally like this...not really."
He sighed to himself, wagging his tail half-heartedly as he spotted small rabbit holes dotted across the patch of land. All they had to do was try and catch some now...
Sienna's ears perked in surprise; then, she couldn't supress a grin and a snicker.
- ''Of course not.'' She whispered, making sure only he would hear. She then winked. ''Guess this pack could just use a female's touch, here and there...'' She then stuck out her tongue playfully and winked again.

She peeked over her shoulder; Jay was sulking in the back. Surprising, especially considering he was the unofficial alpha of the pack... it seemed these guys really needed a tad of guideance here and there. Their lives probably hadn't be easy... and they where still all searching for their own place in the pack, it seemed.
Part of her felt for all of them. The other, though, felt annoyed. She had cared for herself for such a long time... it had made her pretty streetwise. These guys, though, seemed very unbalanced and lost. Probably because of the unusual family bonds....

Alfie stopped, staring out at the small patch of grass. There was no sign of rabbits out in the open, but he could faintly see and smell some hiding under shrubs and bushes as they watched the wolves.
He turned to Sienna. "As you've probably noticed," he nodded to her injured leg. "I'm not exactly a skilled or tactical hunter - so what's your plan for the whole schubang?"
- ''Hmmm....'' Sienna narrowed her eyes. She could smell them, but she knew rabbits where extremely fast. They would have to surprise them... but how? She usually hid away and stalked close, then made her move. But even then, the hunt was a hit or miss; you never knew who'd be the fastest.

She peeked besides her; Jay was keeping quite a distance. She wondered... maybe it was a good idea to speak to him later.

Instead, she now focussed on Alfie.
Jack, the first to pluck up the courage to approach Sienna, flattened his ears as he walked to her side, glancing over his shoulder to see if he could spot where his twin had - to put it nicely - buggered off too.
"Um...what's the plan?" He asked quietly, his voice slightly hoarse. He didn't dare look her in the eye, so he instead focused on her feet, ears still turned back and tail held low.
Just apologise, damn it, he hissed at himself. You were in the wrong, so you should just say sorry. Perhaps she'll even forgive and forget if you make the effort...who knows?
Sienna perked her ears for a moment, but then turned back to Alfie to explain. It would answer Jack's question, too... and besides, she didn't mind him feeling that she had been angry at them.

- ''You know... Rabbits are harmless, but very cunning and fast. If they hear you, smell you, sense you, they run. And they're much faster then we are... so we have to surprise them. Creep up to them silently... then grab them before they notice.''

She wished she could teach Alfie the well-known mouse-pounce. It was perfect for rabbits too... but unfortunatly, she wouldn't be doing any pouncing for a while....
"Sorry about...y'know..." he cleared his throat, looking away. "Fighting and stuff. I'm sorry if I - we - offended you at all."
She looked up at him again, her expression now softer.
- ''Thank you.'' She said, calmly. ''I guess we all should talk later... but I accept your apology.'' She said, with a short nod. ''Like I accept Jay's earlier one, as well. But darn it, guys... I really think we have some issues here...''

She sighed, then smiled slightly. ''Guess we'll talk about it... after the hunt.''

She turned her head to where the rabbits had to be; both to look for them, as well as to avoid Jack's eyes.
She wished she wasn't depending on them... she had to be careful not to have such outbursts again. If they decided to leave her to herself, she'd die. Or at least, there was a huge chance she would. She had lost her selfcontrol after the fight between the guys, and the huge insult of being the ''gal they shouldn't get too close with''. But she couldn't afford that kind of behaviour anymore... after all, she was just a newcomer, a guest, and in no position to quarrel with them.
toki333
Warrior

Post by toki333 » 15-02-2011 14:48

Sienna's ears perked in surprise; then, she couldn't supress a grin and a snicker.
- ''Of course not.'' She whispered, making sure only he would hear.
She then winked. ''Guess this pack could just use a female's touch, here and there...'' She then stuck out her tongue playfully and winked again.
Alfie smiled back at her nervously, flattening his ears slightly as she whispered to him.
"Oh...that's good," he wagged his tail back at her and poked his tongue out, too. He still looked upset, however.
"Sienna...?" He paused, trying to figure out the best way to say what he wanted without pressurising her or offending her. "Earlier...what you said about leaving...you aren't really going to leave as soon as possible, are you? It's just I've never had a female mother-figure around in my life much...and I'd really miss you."

She peeked over her shoulder; Jay was sulking in the back.
Alfie, noticing that she had spotted his father, laughed lightly to himself.
"He's just feeling sorry for himself cause he was in the wrong," he explained, not sure what exactly she was thinking at the time. "He'll get over it soon enough...he just might be in a bad mood for a few days, s'all." He turned his attention back the rabbits as his uncle approached, counting how many he could see hiding under the shrubs, all of them panting desperately as they watched the hunters around them helplessly.

- ''You know... Rabbits are harmless, but very cunning and fast. If they hear you, smell you, sense you, they run. And they're much faster then we are... so we have to surprise them. Creep up to them silently... then grab them before they notice.''
Alfie brightened at her plan. "Surprise? I'm good at surprises!" He wagged his tail enthusiastically. "So we could...pounce on them? Like...that's a surprise tactic?" He frowned at her leg again. Unfortunately, because of him, she most likely wouldn't be joining in with the hunting. He pouted, angry at himself. He'd have to find away to make it up to her....maybe he could share his catch with her? He smiled to himself...yeah...she'd probably appreciate that.
She looked up at him again, her expression now softer.
- ''Thank you.'' She said, calmly. ''I guess we all should talk later... but I accept your apology.'' She said, with a short nod. ''Like I accept Jay's earlier one, as well. But darn it, guys... I really think we have some issues here...''

She sighed, then smiled slightly. ''Guess we'll talk about it... after the hunt.''
Jack wagged his tail shyly, but frowned at the idea of having to 'talk about it'. He glanced over his shoulder at his brothers, who were both sulking now, and sighed.
"Yeah...we do have issues..." He muttered to himself. "They just need to learn to keep their noses out of my business." His attention turned back to the rabbits again, frowning. "So...when do we strike?" He grinned mischievously, Rosco padding up to Jack's side.
"Let's just put our differences aside and get some food," the silver male sighed. Jack glared at him. "I wasn't going to do anything but that."

((Horrendous reply because I am at school haha))
Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 28-02-2011 17:28

Alfie smiled back at her nervously, flattening his ears slightly as she whispered to him.
"Oh...that's good," he wagged his tail back at her and poked his tongue out, too. He still looked upset, however.
"Sienna...?" He paused, trying to figure out the best way to say what he wanted without pressurising her or offending her. "Earlier...what you said about leaving...you aren't really going to leave as soon as possible, are you? It's just I've never had a female mother-figure around in my life much...and I'd really miss you."
Sienna paused for a moment, thinking.
She wasn't really sure what to answer him. Would she... or would she not? The way things where looking now... she'd indeed leave. But how could she tell him that?

- ''We'll see... we'll have a long way before that happens.'' She finally answered. It was the most honest reply she could think of.

Alfie, noticing that she had spotted his father, laughed lightly to himself.
"He's just feeling sorry for himself cause he was in the wrong," he explained, not sure what exactly she was thinking at the time. "He'll get over it soon enough...he just might be in a bad mood for a few days, s'all." He turned his attention back the rabbits as his uncle approached, counting how many he could see hiding under the shrubs, all of them panting desperately as they watched the hunters around them helplessly.
She just listened this time, surprised to find Jay so... sensitive. As the alpha of this little group, she had expected a little more of him. But maybe that was too hard a judgement...
Alfie brightened at her plan. "Surprise? I'm good at surprises!" He wagged his tail enthusiastically. "So we could...pounce on them? Like...that's a surprise tactic?" He frowned at her leg again.
- ''Exactly... say, show me.'' She pointed her nose to a patch of rough grass. ''Show me how you'd do it... so I can give you some more advise, if needed. Stalk... slowly. As if it could turn around and see you. Then, make the pounce.''

She would watch him closely while talking to Jack; she was curious to see how much the youngster had already learned. He was a little young to hunt alone, but it was a good age to learn the first tactics and hopefully make a first small kill... maybe a rodent. And while practising, hunting rabbits was a safe way to learn.

Jack wagged his tail shyly, but frowned at the idea of having to 'talk about it'. He glanced over his shoulder at his brothers, who were both sulking now, and sighed.
"Yeah...we do have issues..." He muttered to himself. "They just need to learn to keep their noses out of my business." His attention turned back to the rabbits again, frowning. "So...when do we strike?" He grinned mischievously, Rosco padding up to Jack's side.
"Let's just put our differences aside and get some food," the silver male sighed. Jack glared at him. "I wasn't going to do anything but that."
- ''Don't start again, boys.'' Sienna gave them a bit of a stern look, but her voice no longer sounded annoyed. ''Look, Alfie is already practising... we'll have those rabbits in notime!''
toki333
Warrior

Post by toki333 » 06-04-2011 20:53

- ''Exactly... say, show me.'' She pointed her nose to a patch of rough grass. ''Show me how you'd do it... so I can give you some more advise, if needed. Stalk... slowly. As if it could turn around and see you. Then, make the pounce.''
Alfie smiled at her eagerly. Show her? He hadn't really...hunted very much before. Especially not on his own. But he couldn't say no - he wanted to impress her, after all.

He nodded, taking in her advice before finding a decent starting spot down-wind of the rabbits. They were still remaining under the cover of the shrubs, but perhaps he could flush them out?
Alfie glanced at Sienna and his uncles, wagging his tail nervously before creeping forwards. So far, none of the rabbits had noticed him approaching. Alfie watched them intently, every muscle in his body poised in case one made a run for it.
- ''Don't start again, boys.'' Sienna gave them a bit of a stern look, but her voice no longer sounded annoyed. ''Look, Alfie is already practising... we'll have those rabbits in notime!''
"Sorry," the pair muttered quickly. They exchanged looks then sighed defeatedly, watching their nephew with mild interest. Jack glanced to his side at Sienna every so often, still wondering if he should say something more. Still, the idea of having to have 'a talk' didn't please him. 'A talk' meant home truths and confessions for the males...something none of them did well with. The last thing Jack wanted was to upset Sienna any more, and get into another argument with his brothers.
He focused his attention back on Alfie, who was continuing to cautiously advance towards the rabbits, head low and ears perked.

One spotted him, and Alfie growled furiously as its white tail disappeared out of the shrub.
Chase it, or try his luck with another? If he ran after it, the others would have time to run for cover. But if he didn't, the rabbit could alert the others, and all of them could get away.

Alfie ran after it, lunging forwards. He was surprised how quickly he closed the already short distance between himself and the rabbit. He turned sharply, sliding slightly but still keeping within a few heads reach of the small, darting ball of fur.
He ground his teeth together, putting on an extra spurt of speed. This was probably not the way to hunt rabbits. What had Sienna said? Stalk slowly, then pounce.
This was running full pelt at the blasted thing!
Alfie glanced over his shoulder at his temporary hunting-mentor-figure, almost tripping up.
He snapped at the rabbit instinctively as it got close to his face, and surprised himself when he heard it squeak.

He let go after a few seconds, after its body had gone limp in his mouth.

Alfie stared around, baffled that he'd actually managed to catch something. His gaze turned on the freshly killed rabbit, still slightly shocked. Well, he'd done something right for once, hadn't he?
He picked it up, carrying it proudly back to Sienna. He dropped it at her feet, wagging his tail and smiling goofily.
"I guess I can't follow instructions...but here, you have this," he offered, nudging the rabbit towards her with his muzzle. He glanced at Jack, who offered him a nod of approval, and Rosco wagged his tail encouragingly.
Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 06-04-2011 21:35

Alfie smiled at her eagerly. Show her? He hadn't really...hunted very much before. Especially not on his own. But he couldn't say no - he wanted to impress her, after all.

He nodded, taking in her advice before finding a decent starting spot down-wind of the rabbits. They were still remaining under the cover of the shrubs, but perhaps he could flush them out?
Alfie glanced at Sienna and his uncles, wagging his tail nervously before creeping forwards. So far, none of the rabbits had noticed him approaching. Alfie watched them intently, every muscle in his body poised in case one made a run for it.
Sienna opened her maw to speak; she had meant for Alfie to show her his pounce on that piece of GRASS... not on the rabbits! But she closed it again; maybe it wasn't a bad idea. No better way to learn then real-life prey... and even if the rabbits where startled, they'd find something to eat for sure.

And who knew? Maybe he'd catch one! She silently hoped he would; it would make him feel a little more confident....

"Sorry," the pair muttered quickly. They exchanged looks then sighed defeatedly, watching their nephew with mild interest. Jack glanced to his side at Sienna every so often, still wondering if he should say something more.

One spotted him, and Alfie growled furiously as its white tail disappeared out of the shrub.
Chase it, or try his luck with another? If he ran after it, the others would have time to run for cover. But if he didn't, the rabbit could alert the others, and all of them could get away.
Ignoring the adults for a moment, Sienna looked at Alfie, ears perked. She could féél the tention...
*Come on... you can do it...* She thought.
Alfie ran after it, lunging forwards. He was surprised how quickly he closed the already short distance between himself and the rabbit. He turned sharply, sliding slightly but still keeping within a few heads reach of the small, darting ball of fur.
He ground his teeth together, putting on an extra spurt of speed. This was probably not the way to hunt rabbits. What had Sienna said? Stalk slowly, then pounce.
This was running full pelt at the blasted thing!
Alfie glanced over his shoulder at his temporary hunting-mentor-figure, almost tripping up.
While the surprise-pounce tactic had failed, Alfie was still hot on his prey's tail. He still had a chance!!

- ''YES!! That's it!'' She cheered. ''Almost, Alfie!''
He snapped at the rabbit instinctively as it got close to his face, and surprised himself when he heard it squeak.

He let go after a few seconds, after its body had gone limp in his mouth.

Alfie stared around, baffled that he'd actually managed to catch something. His gaze turned on the freshly killed rabbit, still slightly shocked. Well, he'd done something right for once, hadn't he?
Sienna was both amazed and proud; she smiled brightly and her tail wagged a mile a minute; she even forgot her sore leg for a moment.

- ''WELL DONE!'' She got up, stumbling on her injured leg. ''Amazing, Alfie... your first successful hunt, I knew you could do it!!''
He picked it up, carrying it proudly back to Sienna. He dropped it at her feet, wagging his tail and smiling goofily.
"I guess I can't follow instructions...but here, you have this," he offered, nudging the rabbit towards her with his muzzle. He glanced at Jack, who offered him a nod of approval, and Rosco wagged his tail encouragingly.
She felt honored as Alfie lay the rabbit at her feet.

- ''Alfie, you did GREAT.'' She gave the youngster a lick over his head. ''I'm SO proud of you... please, do me the honor to share this with me... A hunter's first kill is special. You'll be amazed how good it tastes...''

Her hindquarters sunk back to the ground, glad to relief the sore front leg a little. She then sniffed the prey; a healthy rabbit... so impressive! Even skilled hunters often did not manage to catch such a fast prey.

She dipped her head in respect for him, waiting for him to take the first bite.
Alfie had shown great promise, and she appreciated him even more now. She hoped his nephew would show the same skill; they had it in them to grow into amazing adults.

She looked up at the three adult males; they too seemed very approving of the boy, and she hoped his father would praise Alfie. He deserved it.
toki333
Warrior

Post by toki333 » 06-04-2011 22:11

- ''WELL DONE!'' She got up, stumbling on her injured leg. ''Amazing, Alfie... your first successful hunt, I knew you could do it!!''

- ''Alfie, you did GREAT.'' She gave the youngster a lick over his head. ''I'm SO proud of you... please, do me the honor to share this with me... A hunter's first kill is special. You'll be amazed how good it tastes...''
Alfie warmed to her praise, a big grin spreading across his face. He laughed lightly as her tongue brushed over his head, his tail wagging happily behind him.
Rosco and Jack exchanged looks again before sitting down simultaneously. Yes, that was the first time he'd managed to catch something on his own...Sienna was doing them all good, it seemed.

"I'll gladly share it with you," Alfie replied, his smile so big his eyes were creased. His stomach rumbled and he laughed nervously, eyeing up his kill anticipatingly.

She dipped her head in respect for him, waiting for him to take the first bite.
Alfie stepped back. "Ladies first," he offered. "You showed me what to do, after all."

He noticed his father and cousin had come to watch the scene too, both of them looking shocked at his success. Alfie's expression turned from happy to smug, shooting the pair a that showed you! look.

Jack caught the look too, and took that as his cue to verbally congratulate his nephew. He nuzzled him playfully, tail wagging.
"Well done. We'll make a skilled hunter out of you yet, Alfie lad!" He smiled. Alfie whined excitedly. "Thanks. D'ya think dad'll be proud?"
Jack glanced at his twin, who'd sat down to watch from a distance, Matthias with him.
"I'm sure he is," Jack assured him, glancing at Rosco for back up.
"Oh, yeah sure," the silver male nodded. He smiled at Sienna. "It helps to have a good mentor doesn't it?"
Alfie poked his tongue out playfully. "You guys suck at teaching."
Jack and Rosco huffed in amusemant, heading off to visit Jay and leave Alfie and Sienna alone. "Why thank you. I suppose we can take that as a compliment?" Rosco called back over his shoulder, winking teasingly.

Alfie turned back to Sienna, tail wagging. He glanced around then lowered his voice.
"Thanks. For everything, I mean," he murmured. "You've really...changed them all. For the better, I mean. Except for my dad, cus he's just...a lemon. You can't un-sour lemons."
The young wolf dipped his muzzle to the rabbit and sniffed it, his stomach rumbling again. He glanced up at Sienna again before taking a bite, sighing happily. She was right - his first kill did taste amazing. And combined with how hungry he was, this was like GOURMET.
Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 12-04-2011 16:06

Alfie warmed to her praise, a big grin spreading across his face. He laughed lightly as her tongue brushed over his head, his tail wagging happily behind him.
Rosco and Jack exchanged looks again before sitting down simultaneously. Yes, that was the first time he'd managed to catch something on his own...Sienna was doing them all good, it seemed.

"I'll gladly share it with you," Alfie replied, his smile so big his eyes were creased. His stomach rumbled and he laughed nervously, eyeing up his kill anticipatingly.

Alfie stepped back. "Ladies first," he offered. "You showed me what to do, after all."

He noticed his father and cousin had come to watch the scene too, both of them looking shocked at his success. Alfie's expression turned from happy to smug, shooting the pair a that showed you! look.
Sienna respectfully took a bite out of the kill, then waited for him to do so.
He had offered the first bite of his first kill to her; an honor. She hoped she could repay such honor some day....
Jack caught the look too, and took that as his cue to verbally congratulate his nephew. He nuzzled him playfully, tail wagging.
"Well done. We'll make a skilled hunter out of you yet, Alfie lad!" He smiled. Alfie whined excitedly. "Thanks. D'ya think dad'll be proud?"
Jack glanced at his twin, who'd sat down to watch from a distance, Matthias with him.
"I'm sure he is," Jack assured him, glancing at Rosco for back up.
"Oh, yeah sure," the silver male nodded. He smiled at Sienna. "It helps to have a good mentor doesn't it?"
Alfie poked his tongue out playfully. "You guys suck at teaching."
Jack and Rosco huffed in amusemant, heading off to visit Jay and leave Alfie and Sienna alone. "Why thank you. I suppose we can take that as a compliment?" Rosco called back over his shoulder, winking teasingly.
Sienna grinned widely. Finally, the family was interacting in a more... warm, manner. Something well needed...

- ''See how proud they are... how proud we all are.'' She said, smiling. ''You're growing up fast Alfie.''
Alfie turned back to Sienna, tail wagging. He glanced around then lowered his voice.
"Thanks. For everything, I mean," he murmured. "You've really...changed them all. For the better, I mean. Except for my dad, cus he's just...a lemon. You can't un-sour lemons."
The young wolf dipped his muzzle to the rabbit and sniffed it, his stomach rumbling again. He glanced up at Sienna again before taking a bite, sighing happily. She was right - his first kill did taste amazing. And combined with how hungry he was, this was like GOURMET.
Sienna laughed softly.
- ''I don't believe I really did that much, to be frank.'' He tail wagged slightly and she calmly took another bite, chewed it slowly and then swallowed and continued. ''I guess your family needs a little time to get settled around one another. And so do I... it's new for all of us.'' Her tail curled slightly over her back. ''The good moments, like these, will only make the bonds stronger.''

((Ack, sorry, short!!! I was struggling on what to post for a while... :oops: ))
toki333
Warrior

Post by toki333 » 12-04-2011 19:04

Alfie continued to eat, the rabbit being quickly demolished by the pair of them. He sneezed as some if its fur tickled his nose and he smiled shyly at Sienna before continuing to chew on the bones.
Sienna grinned widely. Finally, the family was interacting in a more... warm, manner. Something well needed...

- ''See how proud they are... how proud we all are.'' She said, smiling. ''You're growing up fast Alfie.''
Alfie wagged his tail happily, glancing over his shoulder at his family whilst licking the blood from his muzzle. 
"S'what my mum would say," he turned back to Sienna, smiling sadly. "D'you reckon I'll make an Alpha?" He cocked his head to the side as he watched the female, tail still wagging in a slow but steady rythm.
''I guess your family needs a little time to get settled around one another. And so do I... it's new for all of us. The good moments, like these, will only make the bonds stronger.''
Alfie almost responded with a 'what bonds?' but decided she was right. He glanced over his shoulder at his family again who, even though they were still bickering, were licking the wounds they'd given each other during their earlier scrap. 
"I think it doesn't help not having a set leader," Alfie frowned, turning back to take another bite from the rabbit and flattening his ears when he realised all was left were the little bones with hardly any meat left to strip from them. "Rosco wants to be   Alpha but my dad says we're equal. And uncle Jack...I think he's just missing the companionship he used to have with his old family...the security there. I don't think he wants to be leader but I think he...wants someone to call his own again, if you catch my drift."
Alfie shrugged his shoulders as he began to chew on a bone, lying down. "It's all very well being a family pack, but because you're all related - and male - it's tense sometimes."
Alfie laughed to himself.
"I'm starting to sound like my father, reasoning everything out!" He grinned, nosing through the rest of the carcass to see if he could find anything else worth eating. 
He looked up at Sienna, tail wagging. He hoped she would stay. He was right before; she was having a positive effect on them. Slowly but surely they might all just calm down...

((OOC: Gah! Terrible! I have no computer at the moment so it's all typed up on my iPod...apologies for any glitches :oops: ))