Only Vagabonds;; (Nakisha)

The wide open plains of Hekaya, where many species live together. With wide grasslands and beautiful lakes, a perfect place to live.
toki333
Warrior

Post by toki333 » 18-01-2011 19:31

(FAHAHA...I totally didn't notice this had been replied to. ;_; How observant of me...)

Nakisha wrote: - ''Shame we didn't actually catch the stag.. would have fed us for a week.'' She joked, as she tried to get up. She wasn't used to stand on three legs, but she managed. ''I guess we won't be doing these kinds of hunts often...''
Jack and Rosco managed to joke with her as they helped her to shelter. Well, normally they didn't go THIS wrong...

"It would have been a decent meal, and it's a shame its life may be wasted..." Rosco sighed, smiling at her warmly. "But hey...at least we're all safe, right?"
"My family always told me that when life gives you lemons, keep them...hey, free lemons!" Jack forced a grin, but he couldn't help glancing in the direction of his twin. His cheek has a little cut in it, and the fur around it was slightly matted with blood. It wasn't as severe as Sienna's injuries, by far, and it didn't seem to bother him... still, Jack would see to his brother once he was content he'd done all he could for their guest.
- ''Sometimes, these things happen.'' She finally said, softly. ''But we're alive... let's just be thankful for that.''
Alfie's ears perked at Sienna's voice, but he didn't reply. He could barely look at her, he felt so ashamed. He'd let her get hurt...his new friend...

She then noticed Alfie, standing alone in the rain. Her ears perked and she tilted her head slightly. Why did he stay THERE?

Normally, she would have gotten up to retrieve him. Now, she just gestured him to come to her with a movement of her head, hoping he'd find the courage.

Alfie glanced up every so often to stare woefully back at his family who were shaking the droplets out of their fur as they settled down, an uneasy atmosphere to them.
The youngster noticed Sienna motioning for him to come join them, and when his cousin lifted his head and gingerly wagged his tail, Alfie eventually got to his feet and slowly padded over to the rock ledge. He paused to shake his fur out before getting under the shelter and settling down, still putting a distance between himself and his family.

"C'mon, they won't stay made at you forever," Mattie smiled reassuringly, keeping his voice low.

Jack watched Sienna closely. She looked like the leg was giving her a fair bit of trouble...

"It looks sprained," he nodded. "It's definitely not broken, but it does look badly sprained. Though it could be a hairline fracture..."

Jay looked up, ears perked. Half the time he wondered how his brother knew all this....but then, he hadn't grown up with him; what would he know?

"You'll need to rest it for quite a while in order for it to heal," Jack added sincerely. "Unfortunately, it looks like you could be stuck with us for a while. We'll provide you with food and help you to water, but if you want your own space then we understand."

Jay sighed heavily, his eyelids drooping. Beside him, Rosco was looking tired too as the adrenaline pulsing through him started to die down.

Mattie was already asleep between Sienna and his uncle Jay.

Alfie shuffled closer to the group, ears twitching and eyes taking in Sienna, lacking his usually mischievous sparkle.
"I really am sorry, Sienna..." he murmured, flattening his ears. He gave her a gentle lick on the cheek before curling up back in the corner again, heaving a sigh.

"We should get some shuteye," Jack yawned, stretching before nestling down next to his twin. "How's your jaw?"
"I've had much worse," Jay mumbled. Jack's eyes flitted to his brother's scars momentarily, the normal question burning in his mind as he stared at them.
"It's rude to stare," Jay forced a smile, lifting his head to nudge his brother with his nose. All of the males were starting to feel drowsy again, but only Alfie was determined to stay awake and alert, should Sienna not wish to sleep.
Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 18-01-2011 20:56

"It would have been a decent meal, and it's a shame its life may be wasted..." Rosco sighed, smiling at her warmly. "But hey...at least we're all safe, right?"
"My family always told me that when life gives you lemons, keep them...hey, free lemons!" Jack forced a grin, but he couldn't help glancing in the direction of his twin. His cheek has a little cut in it, and the fur around it was slightly matted with blood.
Sienna snickered softly at Jack's joke; she already liked him...
She didn't yet notice Jay's injury, though, as Rosco and Jack helped her to shelter.

Alfie glanced up every so often to stare woefully back at his family who were shaking the droplets out of their fur as they settled down, an uneasy atmosphere to them.
The youngster noticed Sienna motioning for him to come join them, and when his cousin lifted his head and gingerly wagged his tail, Alfie eventually got to his feet and slowly padded over to the rock ledge. He paused to shake his fur out before getting under the shelter and settling down, still putting a distance between himself and his family.

"C'mon, they won't stay made at you forever," Mattie smiled reassuringly, keeping his voice low.
Sienna smiled brightly at Alfie, despite her pain. As he came closer, she tried to hive him a reassuring, quick lick over the soked head. But she could only reach so far...
Jack watched Sienna closely. She looked like the leg was giving her a fair bit of trouble...

"It looks sprained," he nodded. "It's definitely not broken, but it does look badly sprained. Though it could be a hairline fracture..."

Jay looked up, ears perked. Half the time he wondered how his brother knew all this....but then, he hadn't grown up with him; what would he know?

"You'll need to rest it for quite a while in order for it to heal," Jack added sincerely. "Unfortunately, it looks like you could be stuck with us for a while. We'll provide you with food and help you to water, but if you want your own space then we understand."
Once again, Sienna was impressed by Jack. He was extremely observant, and seemed to have the makings of a healer, even.
She too had noticed the severity of her injury, but it was nice to have the reassurance of someone who seemed certain.

- ''Thank you...'' She said, softly. ''All of you. I'm sure we'll manage... I'm sorry to be a bother, though.''

Jay sighed heavily, his eyelids drooping. Beside him, Rosco was looking tired too as the adrenaline pulsing through him started to die down.

Mattie was already asleep between Sienna and his uncle Jay.

Alfie shuffled closer to the group, ears twitching and eyes taking in Sienna, lacking his usually mischievous sparkle.
"I really am sorry, Sienna..." he murmured, flattening his ears. He gave her a gentle lick on the cheek before curling up back in the corner again, heaving a sigh.
She smiled at him, touched as he licked her cheek and her own tongue flashed at his face for a moment. ''It's okay...'' She said, softly. ''I'm just glad you're alive.''

She knew it was a little lie.

Depending on others was something she never before had to do. And something she did NOT like. Being stranded like this made her nervous; she knew she was helpless.
But she still couldn't bring herself to be angry at the youngster. It had been HER choice to risk it... and unfortunatly, it had turned for the worse.

Now... they ALL had to live with the consequences.
"We should get some shuteye," Jack yawned, stretching before nestling down next to his twin. "How's your jaw?"
"I've had much worse," Jay mumbled. Jack's eyes flitted to his brother's scars momentarily, the normal question burning in his mind as he stared at them.
"It's rude to stare," Jay forced a smile, lifting his head to nudge his brother with his nose. All of the males were starting to feel drowsy again, but only Alfie was determined to stay awake and alert, should Sienna not wish to sleep.
[/quote]

Sienna watched Jack and Jay with perked ears; she only now noticed that Jay had injured himself as well. A nasty cut on the cheek... probably a kick? She sighed. Jay sure would give his life for his family, it seemed... and still, she couldn't bring herself to really LIKE him. It was something in the way he was... antisocial, maybe even a tad grumpy, that brought her down to easily. Jack however seemed much more... accessable. And as for Rosco; she didn't really had the chance to observe him much yet. She knew she would have to; she would have to get to know all these males, if she where to stay with them...

She sighed, and placed her head down, closing her eyes.
Her leg ached to much to allow her to sleep, it seemed, but she could at least REST....

Oh, what would become of her now..? The idea of totally depending on these wolves, who where still practically strangers, scared her a little...
~When darkness comes, you know I'm never far~
toki333
Warrior

Post by toki333 » 18-01-2011 21:19

- ''Thank you...'' She said, softly. ''All of you. I'm sure we'll manage... I'm sorry to be a bother, though.''
"Nonsense," Jack said firmly, almost snapping, though his tone was kind. "You're welcome as long as you like, and it's no bother to us. Jay here is used to taking people on and helping them, anyway. He's a big softie when you get to know him."
Jack grinned sheepishly at his twin, who glared at him.
"Be quiet," Jay wrinkled his nose, resting his head down on his paws, licking his lips sleepily.

Alfie wagged his tail a little, glad Sienna seemed to forgive him. Though, he still had to make it up to his dad again - after all, he had cost his family a meal and put both them and Sienna in an awkward situation.

Jay glanced over at Jack, flattening his ears. "Hey...if I start having another bad dream, wake me up?"
"Will do," Jack nodded, nuzzling his twin's ear and nibbling it playfully before the pair settled down.
They were just on the brink of sleep before they heard mumbling and both looked up. The two yearlings raised their heads too, disturbed by the groaning noises.

Jay sniggered as he watched his younger brother on his back, dreaming, his legs twitching every now and then.
"Goon," he teased, knowing Rosco couldn't hear him anyway.
"Rabbits rabbits...rabbits rabbits...hot girls!...rabbits..." The silver male mumbled away, his tongue hanging out of his mouth slightly. He looked so stupid.

Jay shook his head, smiling and put his head back down again, Jack's head resting on his shoulders. 

Alfie shifted closer to the group, closer to Sienna and his cousin, then eventually fell asleep...most likely the last, as usual.

Jay was the first to wake as per usual. It was still raining outside, so it was difficult to tell what the time of day was, or how long he'd slept for. The small male yawned, trotting out into the rain and shivering as it dampened his coat. He looked down in a puddle, lowering his muzzle to lap at it, frowning when he noticed the small cut on his cheek.

"Blast," he sighed, glancing over his shoulder at his still family - and family guest - before continuing off. With any luck, he could try and lighten spirits by finding something to eat - emphasis on the "something". Only mad animals would be out in this weather, especially after the earlier commotion.

Jay continued on through the valley, the rain surprisingly cleansing. He doubted he'd find anything anyways, but he needed to get out.

When he was a good distance from the rock ledge he stopped and sighed heavily. The temperature was starting to drop and his breath made a faint fog against the cool air.
I don't know... he frowned to himself, sitting down. Everything's just so messed up...I mean...what if Sienna's saying, acting, like she doesn't want to be a nuisance because she actually doesn't want to stay with us? I'd have turned around and told her to go if she wanted, but I can't - not with her leg so...messed up. Trust Alfie to screw up.
Jay lifted his head to stare up at the sky, jumping slightly as a raindrop splattered in his eye. He smiled fondly, momentarily. Kind of like Emi...best intentions, as always...heh.

The rain kept pouring, hammering against the ground. It was getting heavier now, so much so that it was getting hard to see far ahead. Jay decided it might be a good idea to head back, but took his time getting there either way, not bothered that he was getting completely soaked.

No group-hugs for him then, when he was literally dripping wet. But then, he didn't like pack snuggles anyway, so that was ok.
Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 19-01-2011 20:27

"Nonsense," Jack said firmly, almost snapping, though his tone was kind. "You're welcome as long as you like, and it's no bother to us. Jay here is used to taking people on and helping them, anyway. He's a big softie when you get to know him."
Jack grinned sheepishly at his twin, who glared at him.
"Be quiet," Jay wrinkled his nose, resting his head down on his paws, licking his lips sleepily.
Sienna smiled slightly.
She knew Jay wouldn't be too happy. But hey, at least Jack seemed to be okay with the thought of her staying for a bit...

She too layed her head back down on her paws, shutting everything out for a bit.

Jay sniggered as he watched his younger brother on his back, dreaming, his legs twitching every now and then.
"Goon," he teased, knowing Rosco couldn't hear him anyway.
"Rabbits rabbits...rabbits rabbits...hot girls!...rabbits..." The silver male mumbled away, his tongue hanging out of his mouth slightly. He looked so stupid.

Jay shook his head, smiling and put his head back down again, Jack's head resting on his shoulders. 

Alfie shifted closer to the group, closer to Sienna and his cousin, then eventually fell asleep...most likely the last, as usual.
Sienna's one ear twitched at Rosco's mumbling; a grin crept upon her face, but only for a moment.

She still réally had to get to know Rosco better...

The night was unusual for her. She actually drifted off into light sleep a few times, but was quickly awoken each time she moved in her sleep by the throbbing pain in her leg.

As the first signs of morning appeared in the sky, she let out a deep sigh and tried to sleep some more.

Damn... she was tired...

She slept for a good few hours, exhausted as she was. She was surprised when she woke up; it was daylight, and she felt a little better. How long had she slept for after that rough night?

She tried to roll up to her side, but her leg gave a mean sting as she moved it. She growled and licked it. Ouch...

She suddenly noticed Jay missing; ears perked, she raised her head to sniff the air.

He wasn't far... that was a relief. She could smell him nearby...

She was suddenly painfully reminded of her situation. She would depend on their goodwill... something that hit quite hard now another day had came. She wanted to get UP. Explore. HUNT. But she'd be forced to wait, ask for help... and follow the pack, wherever they'd decide to go....
toki333
Warrior

Post by toki333 » 19-01-2011 20:47

Alfie was the second to wake, rolling onto his back and stretching his legs up vertically, groaning a little. Had they slept right through to the following day?

The rain was now just a light misty drizzle, the sun starting to peak through the silver clouds. The youngster sat up, licking his lips before yawning.
He glanced at Sienna, smiling fondly. He would have gotten up, but he didn't want to disturb any of his family, so instead settled back down again to rest again, his eyes flitting from one member of his family to the other.

Matias, curled up asleep with his tail slightly covering his nose. Beside him was Rosco, still sleeping on his back with his tongue hanging out.
Jack was asleep at the back, not too far from Sienna who was, also, asleep. Alfie wondered if she'd gotten any decent rest, taking her leg into consideration. He finally got the chance to look at the extent of his injuries, flattening his ears as he saw a little bit of matted blood on her side where the stag's antlers had caught her. And then her leg...it looked so painful, and slightly swollen.

Then Alfie noticed his father was gone, and sat up once more, frowning. Jay usually woke up first, but he usually didn't wander off, particularly after or during storm-like weather...and after family incidents.

Alfie stared at his feet, remembering the story his mother had told him, about why his father always distanced himself from the group during storms. Alfie had never plucked up the courage to talk to his dad about Emi, his mum, and doubted he ever would. Relationships just didn't seem to be a topic the male was open to...

She tried to roll up to her side, but her leg gave a mean sting as she moved it. She growled and licked it. Ouch...

Alfie noticed Sienna trying to move before growling and tending to her leg. Alfie whimpered slightly before approaching slowly and quietly.
"Is it hurting?" He asked, though after he said the words it seemed like a stupid question.
"Where's dad?" Alfie asked, looking out of the cover of the rock ledge. The rain was clearing up quite a bit now, but the ground was soaked.

As the others sensed movement and heard voices, they too all started to come around, sitting up and yawning, shaking their fur, stretching, staring around. Alfie sniggered as Rosco stared at him.
"You're really funny when you sleep," the yearling wagged his tail.
"Where's Jay?" Jack asked, his eyes still lidded from not having properly woken up.

"I'm right here," Jay sighed, shaking his fur as he sat down just under the rock ledge's cover, stretching and growling slightly as his back clicked.
"Where did you go?" Alfie grinned, head tilted to the side.
"For a walk," Jay narrowed his eyes at him. "To think things through."

There was an awkward silence before Jack laughed nervously.
"So...Sienna...you uh...hungry or thirsty?" He half-smiled at her, and Rosco smirked.
I give it a few days before you start subtly flirting with her, you sly dog, the silver male thought to himself, then glanced at Jay, who looked like the world was on his shoulders. ...I doubt he'd be happy about it though. Oh well. Not my problem.

"Aww jeez, I'm starving," Mattie whined, flattening his ears. "Can we go find something please?"
Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 25-01-2011 14:47

Alfie noticed Sienna trying to move before growling and tending to her leg. Alfie whimpered slightly before approaching slowly and quietly.
"Is it hurting?" He asked, though after he said the words it seemed like a stupid question.
"Where's dad?" Alfie asked, looking out of the cover of the rock ledge. The rain was clearing up quite a bit now, but the ground was soaked.
Sienna turned her head to Alfie. ''Oh... well...'' She sighed, deciding not to lie. ''Sure, it hurts... but it'll be fine.''

However, from looking at it, she also realised it wouldn't be fine for a long while. She could only hope no infections would come to the wound; hooves weren't the cleanest things in the world. And thus, she was about to clean the wound once more, when his second question came.

- ''He's not too far, I can smell him.'' She said, softly. ''But I don't really know where he is...''

As the others sensed movement and heard voices, they too all started to come around, sitting up and yawning, shaking their fur, stretching, staring around. Alfie sniggered as Rosco stared at him.
"You're really funny when you sleep," the yearling wagged his tail.
"Where's Jay?" Jack asked, his eyes still lidded from not having properly woken up.

"I'm right here," Jay sighed, shaking his fur as he sat down just under the rock ledge's cover, stretching and growling slightly as his back clicked.
"Where did you go?" Alfie grinned, head tilted to the side.
"For a walk," Jay narrowed his eyes at him. "To think things through."
Sienna had listened silently as the family spoke; now, her ears turned backwards.
Think things through. That didn't sound very pleasant... and appearantly, the other felt the same.
There was an awkward silence before Jack laughed nervously.
"So...Sienna...you uh...hungry or thirsty?" He half-smiled at her, and Rosco smirked.
I give it a few days before you start subtly flirting with her, you sly dog, the silver male thought to himself, then glanced at Jay, who looked like the world was on his shoulders. ...I doubt he'd be happy about it though. Oh well. Not my problem.

"Aww jeez, I'm starving," Mattie whined, flattening his ears. "Can we go find something please?"
Hungry... thristy. Yes, both. Damnit, why couldn't she just get up and find it herself...?

She growled to herself, then actually forced herself back up on three legs. Damn, enough with the selfpity!! She could find herself some water. Not being able to hunt didn't mean she'd have to lay in the shade, being treated like a damned princess....

- ''Well, if any of you know water nearby, I'd be very oblidged.'' She smiled. She didn't really have to answer the hungry-question, since Mattie did that for her. They where probably ALL hungry. After all, she was sure the pack hadn't followed the deer around for nothing...

She felt a little guilty, even. She knew it wasn't her fault the hunt had been messed up, but now, they had TWO problems. No food... and a wounded stranger to care for...
toki333
Warrior

Post by toki333 » 25-01-2011 18:16

Nakisha wrote:She growled to herself, then actually forced herself back up on three legs.
Alfie felt a pang of guilt as he watched her get to her feet, and was tempted to help her - though he, along with the others who averted their gaze away from her, had a feeling that she wouldn't want them to offer her help. Jack flattened his ears slightly. He only wished he could make everything better for her.

Again, another empty silence fell upon the males, who just stared at each other.
Jay was about to speak, when Sienna beat him to it.

- ''Well, if any of you know water nearby, I'd be very oblidged.'' She smiled.
Jay pulled a face. "The closest water sauce I've found is a puddle. I think there's a small stream further down in the valley though, so we could always head there," he paused, trying to remember exactly where it was. Rosco stared at him questioningly, and Jay answered his unspoken question. "It's not too far to walk."
"Well," Alfie grinned, headbutting Mattie in the shoulder. "If it is, then us two strong males can always carry Sienna! Cause we're like...heros!"

Jay couldn't help but roll his eyes. Was he the only one who could see that Sienna wasn't overly comfortable with them smothering her and offering to do everything for her?
"Well we better get going," he nodded, stepping back out from the shelter, Alfie trotting after him. They stopped for a moment, Jay grinning smugly when he spotted the water source only a ten minute walk from them.

Jack smiled warmly at Sienna, his tail wagging gently from side to side. "Are you ok to walk?" He asked.

Jay turned round to address his family again. "And we better attempt at another hunt later. But Alfie and Mattie, you stay with Sienna," Jay narrowed his eyes at his son, who laughed nervously.
"We wouldn't want any more accidents," the male sighed.

They started walking, Rosco and Jay leading the pack with the youngsters padding along beside Sienna and Jack.
Rosco perked his ears as he nudged Jay with his nose. "You're unusually anti-social today, brother. What's eating you?"
Jay lowered his head, his voice hushed. "I just...I think...it doesn't matter."
He glanced over his shoulder at Sienna and Jack, and the yearlings messing about around them.
"Jealous?" Rosco sniggered. Jay flattened his ears. "Slightly."
Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 25-01-2011 20:50

Jay pulled a face. "The closest water sauce I've found is a puddle. I think there's a small stream further down in the valley though, so we could always head there," he paused, trying to remember exactly where it was. Rosco stared at him questioningly, and Jay answered his unspoken question. "It's not too far to walk."
"Well," Alfie grinned, headbutting Mattie in the shoulder. "If it is, then us two strong males can always carry Sienna! Cause we're like...heros!"

Jay couldn't help but roll his eyes. Was he the only one who could see that Sienna wasn't overly comfortable with them smothering her and offering to do everything for her?
"Well we better get going," he nodded, stepping back out from the shelter, Alfie trotting after him. They stopped for a moment, Jay grinning smugly when he spotted the water source only a ten minute walk from them.
Sienna nodded, then snickered. She was sure she could walk a short while... without ''heroes''. But looking at Jay, he already understood that much.
She had to admit; he was a good leader. Antisocial and grumpy, but still. He seemed to see through others... and that was a great skill. And he obviously cared for everyone...

She sure appriciated those traits.
Jack smiled warmly at Sienna, his tail wagging gently from side to side. "Are you ok to walk?" He asked.

Jay turned round to address his family again. "And we better attempt at another hunt later. But Alfie and Mattie, you stay with Sienna," Jay narrowed his eyes at his son, who laughed nervously.
"We wouldn't want any more accidents," the male sighed.
- ''I sure am.'' Sienna smiled warmly at Jack. She'd make it... why shouldn't she? Just one leg not working wouldn't mean she couldn't do a small walk, right..?

She snickered to herself as Jay told the youngsters they wouldn't be allowed to join another hunt. Indeed, there was no way the pack needed more disaster....
They started walking, Rosco and Jay leading the pack with the youngsters padding along beside Sienna and Jack.
Rosco perked his ears as he nudged Jay with his nose. "You're unusually anti-social today, brother. What's eating you?"
Jay lowered his head, his voice hushed. "I just...I think...it doesn't matter."
As she followed Jay and the others to the water with Jack besides her, she was limping and stopping every now and then to catch her breath. Weird, limping was wáy more tiring then normal walking... she had to get used to it. But she refused to show much weakness; she just bit her tongue and went on.

However, her sensitive ears suddenly picked up a little part of a conversation in front of her.
He glanced over his shoulder at Sienna and Jack, and the yearlings messing about around them.
"Jealous?" Rosco sniggered. Jay flattened his ears. "Slightly."
Sienna tilted her head a little. What where the guys talking about? she wasn't quite sure. Jay, jealous of something, appearantly.

She looked at Rosco and Jay together, wondering. The bigger of the two, with his silver fur, was a handsome male, yet the only one of the three she didn't know at all just yet. But Jay... he sure was special in his own way. His scars, his golden fur... alright, he was a little short on the legs, that was true, but he was still manly. He looked like he'd been through quite a few things...

She glanced besides her at Jack. She sure liked him... he was such a nice guy. He looked so much like his twin...

She wondered silently what had formed this pack. What they all had been through. But Alfie had told her a little already, and she didn't feel like pressing anyone.
She wished she knew more about the males. But somehow, she had a feeling she would... especially since they'd be stuck with each other for quite some time.
toki333
Warrior

Post by toki333 » 25-01-2011 21:22

As she followed Jay and the others to the water with Jack besides her, she was limping and stopping every now and then to catch her breath. Weird, limping was wáy more tiring then normal walking... she had to get used to it. But she refused to show much weakness; she just bit her tongue and went on.
Jack frowned as he watched her, wanting to say something though he knew she was pressing on for pride's sake.
"You ok there?" He murmured, smiling reassuringly at her. Alfie and Matias, having grown bored of prancing around the pair, had run off to the front to pester the others instead.

She glanced besides her at Jack. She sure liked him... he was such a nice guy. He looked so much like his twin...
Jack noticed her look at him and wagged his tail slightly. She looked like she was contemplating something, and he started wondering what it could be. He noticed her gaze had been flitting between the rest of the pack, and she always seemed alert, picking up whatever was being said.

Rosco glanced over his shoulder, smirking when he saw the pair.

"You look like you're thinking," Jack tilted his head to the side. "Is something wrong?"

He flattened his ears slightly when he realised just how strange she must have felt, being in a pack with all males who all seemed to have their own tales to tell, all with secrets..
He wouldn't, couldn't, blame her if she felt uncomfortable. They were related, and even they couldn't stand each other some of the time. Especially Jay - he appeared the alpha of the pack a lot of the time, but whenever there was a fight he acted as the omega...putting himself between them all and taking the beating because of it.

Oh, fights were rare - but they did happen. Usually Rosco won - particularly if it was something to do with females.

"I'm guessing your family is much different to mine?" Jack asked, turning to Sienna again. It was a random question, but he couldn't imagine her being raised in a pack like his.

They were nearing the water source, Alfie and Mattie having run on ahead and Jay watching them closely to ensure that they didn't manage to endanger themselves.
Rosco was busy thinking about his brother's answer, before eventually speaking up again.
"So why exactly is it that you're jealous of them?" He asked, not bothering to keep his voice down.
Jay flattened his ears a little, watching his brother out of the corner of his eye. "It's not really...jealousy, more like...I don't know..."
"Loneliness?" Rosco teased, shoving his brother a little too heftily and making the smaller male stumble.
"No," Jay snapped. "Just...it's hard to explain. Worry, I suppose?"

Rosco smirked.
"Ah I see," he sniggered. "You're worried that Jack and Sienna are getting too close."

Jack, picking up on his brother's over-exaggerated words, perked his ears and growled slightly.
"Excuse me?" He snapped.
Just like him to start the argument as always. Unable to leave matters alone, Jay sighed, but smiled to himself when they reached the stream.
Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 12-02-2011 19:22

Jack frowned as he watched her, wanting to say something though he knew she was pressing on for pride's sake.
"You ok there?" He murmured, smiling reassuringly at her. Alfie and Matias, having grown bored of prancing around the pair, had run off to the front to pester the others instead.

-

Jack noticed her look at him and wagged his tail slightly. She looked like she was contemplating something, and he started wondering what it could be. He noticed her gaze had been flitting between the rest of the pack, and she always seemed alert, picking up whatever was being said.
Sienna lifted her head a little, but that small movement almost got her out of balance. Oh dear, she'd really have to get used to this! She stretched her tail out behind her to get her balance back and lowered her head again.

- ''I'll be fine, really.'' She smiled. ''It's just... new, for me. I'm not used to... well, any of this. I've never been wounded before.''

Rosco glanced over his shoulder, smirking when he saw the pair.

"You look like you're thinking," Jack tilted his head to the side. "Is something wrong?"

He flattened his ears slightly when he realised just how strange she must have felt, being in a pack with all males who all seemed to have their own tales to tell, all with secrets..

"I'm guessing your family is much different to mine?" Jack asked, turning to Sienna again. It was a random question, but he couldn't imagine her being raised in a pack like his.
She snickered softly to herself. - ''I'm almost always thinking... but you're right. I've never been in a pack like this before. I hope you'll pardon me saying this... but it seems you guys are still looking for balance. Like you're still needing to get used to one another, in a way... if you understand what I mean..?'' She glanced besides her with a bit of an apologizing smile. ''How long have you guys been together..?''

But before that question could really be answered, her ears turned to pick up another conversation... between Rosco and Jay.
They were nearing the water source, Alfie and Mattie having run on ahead and Jay watching them closely to ensure that they didn't manage to endanger themselves.
Rosco was busy thinking about his brother's answer, before eventually speaking up again.
"So why exactly is it that you're jealous of them?" He asked, not bothering to keep his voice down.
Jay flattened his ears a little, watching his brother out of the corner of his eye. "It's not really...jealousy, more like...I don't know..."
"Loneliness?" Rosco teased, shoving his brother a little too heftily and making the smaller male stumble.
"No," Jay snapped. "Just...it's hard to explain. Worry, I suppose?"

Rosco smirked.
"Ah I see," he sniggered. "You're worried that Jack and Sienna are getting too close."
Sienna almost lifted her head once more, but reminded herself not to just in time. But she wondered... the talk she had overheard was disturbing. Especially with her being so volunerable right now...

Jack, picking up on his brother's over-exaggerated words, perked his ears and growled slightly.
"Excuse me?" He snapped.
Just like him to start the argument as always. Unable to leave matters alone, Jay sighed, but smiled to himself when they reached the stream.
Maybe, at the moment, it was better to let Rosco, Jay and Jack talk this out on their own. She flattened her ears, though; she suddenly felt much less comfortable.
She limped up to the stream and lapped up the cool water, her head filled with worries. If the guys fought about this... if Jay decided he'd rather not have her around anymore... she was in trouble.
She had to think of something. Something to offer them, maybe, if it came that far.

She drank silently, her ears still turned towards the brothers, curious to hear where to conversation would go.