Only Vagabonds;; (Nakisha)

The wide open plains of Hekaya, where many species live together. With wide grasslands and beautiful lakes, a perfect place to live.
toki333
Warrior

Post by toki333 » 03-01-2011 02:41

Nakisha wrote:
- ''Hates you?'' Sienna shook her head. ''He shouldn't.'' She wagged her tail lightly, as she took in all the new information.

Alfie felt his cheeks burn under his fur, and he wagged his tail back at her, butterflies in his stomach.
"I suppose hate is a strong word..." the young male frowned. "Let's just say he just puts up with me. He says I talk too much. But that's not true right? It's just I get easily excited..."
Jay glanced at his son, refraining from sighing exasperatedly again. This was going to be a long day...

As the guys where focussed on the scent, Sienna glanced behind her at Matias. She wondered why he was in the back, alone. Not really a social type, maybe...

She flashed him a smile, then perked her ears and looked back in front, curious to see what the adults where doing.
Mattie noticed Sienna watching him, and smiled back at her, wagging his tail a little. Alfie, noticing his cousin lagging behind, bounded up to him and batted over the head.
"What's eating you today?" The playful male teased, nibbling his cousin's ear.
Matias laughed, cuffing Alfie. "Knock it off, I'm fine. Stop showing off to your new girlfriend."

Rosco rolled his eyes.
"Don't make me get Jay to lecture you two again! Hurry up!"

Matias and Alfie grinned, running back to Sienna again, one flanking her either side.
"I didn't get to introduce myself earlier," Mattie licked his lips nervously and smiled politely at the female. "I'm Mattie, as everyone calls me. Sorry for being so...what's the word...?"
"Miserable? Boring? Forlorn? Antisocial? Moody? Despondent? Woebegone?" Alfie suggested.
Mattie pulled a face. "I don't even know what half if those words mean."
"Neither do I," Alfie grinned.

"There they are," Jay smiled as they stared down at the deer heard in the sloping valley. "Finally, they're in our sights."
"You wouldn't be here if it wasn't for my fantastic tracking skills," Rosco said smugly.
"Oh really?" Jack teased.

Alfie stared down at the herd, wagging his tail.
He turned to Sienna. "When we get to them, do you want to hunt with us?"
Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 08-01-2011 19:51

"I suppose hate is a strong word..." the young male frowned. "Let's just say he just puts up with me. He says I talk too much. But that's not true right? It's just I get easily excited..."
Jay glanced at his son, refraining from sighing exasperatedly again. This was going to be a long day...
Sienna silently snickered to herself as she noticed Jay's response to his talkactive son.
Yes, he talked a lot. Like most youngsters. He was social, curious, full of energy... and clearly, his father wasn't used to such behaviour.

Mattie noticed Sienna watching him, and smiled back at her, wagging his tail a little. Alfie, noticing his cousin lagging behind, bounded up to him and batted over the head.
"What's eating you today?" The playful male teased, nibbling his cousin's ear.
Matias laughed, cuffing Alfie. "Knock it off, I'm fine. Stop showing off to your new girlfriend."
Sienna, surprised as Alfie once more bounded off with the energy of a young deer, turned one ear backwards to hear the youngsters talk.

New girlfriend... he wished. Yet, those words brought a grin to her face. Showoff's... hehe.
Rosco rolled his eyes.
"Don't make me get Jay to lecture you two again! Hurry up!"

Matias and Alfie grinned, running back to Sienna again, one flanking her either side.
"I didn't get to introduce myself earlier," Mattie licked his lips nervously and smiled politely at the female. "I'm Mattie, as everyone calls me. Sorry for being so...what's the word...?"
"Miserable? Boring? Forlorn? Antisocial? Moody? Despondent? Woebegone?" Alfie suggested.
Mattie pulled a face. "I don't even know what half if those words mean."
"Neither do I," Alfie grinned.
Sienna laughed and shook her head.
- ''That's fine, don't worry about it.'' She smiled. ''You're not too comfortable around new wolves, huh? Quite wise... in fact, you...''

But she didn't get to finish that sentence.
"There they are," Jay smiled as they stared down at the deer heard in the sloping valley. "Finally, they're in our sights."
"You wouldn't be here if it wasn't for my fantastic tracking skills," Rosco said smugly.
"Oh really?" Jack teased.

Alfie stared down at the herd, wagging his tail.
He turned to Sienna. "When we get to them, do you want to hunt with us?"
[/quote]

- ''Well....'' She said, frowning, looking into the distance at the herd. ''It depends wether or not your caretakers will let me, I guess.''

She suddenly stepped forward, towards the males, coming side by side with them, ears perked; her nose twitched and there was an intense stare in her eyes.

- ''You guys planning on hunting one down?''
~When darkness comes, you know I'm never far~
toki333
Warrior

Post by toki333 » 08-01-2011 23:38

Sienna laughed and shook her head.
- ''That's fine, don't worry about it.'' She smiled. ''You're not too comfortable around new wolves, huh? Quite wise... in fact, you...''

But she didn't get to finish that sentence.

- ''Well....'' She said, frowning, looking into the distance at the herd. ''It depends wether or not your caretakers will let me, I guess.''
Mattie was about to answer her question, when she stopped to listen to what his father and uncles had to say, ears flattened slightly. Alfie, ever excited beside him, wagged his tail enthusiastically as his gaze flitted between the herd, his family, and Sienna.
"I'm sure they won't object!" He grinned and Jay frowned.
"Object to what?" He snapped.
She suddenly stepped forward, towards the males, coming side by side with them, ears perked; her nose twitched and there was an intense stare in her eyes.

- ''You guys planning on hunting one down?''
Jay frowned at Sienna, Jack and Rosco turning to smile at the young female. She didn't appear phased by Jay's social issues.
The large silver male smiled, tail wagging. "Of course," Rosco answered. "When we get to them."
"With any luck, we males should be able to bring down a decent meal," Jack added, smiling politely.
Alfie jumped, tongue lolling as he put himself between Sienna and his uncles.
"She can help us, right? The more of us, the bigger we can afford to take down!" The youngsters suggested, his eyes sparkling deviously.

Mattie sat next to his uncle Jay, pouting.
Jay stared at him. "Getting cold feet, are we?"
"Alfie seems to like her," Mattie shrugged.
Jay lifted his muzzle, sighing. "So does my brother. Unfortunately. I guess I'm going to instantly lose if we vote to see if she can stay or not."
Matias raised an eyebrow at his uncle, who was staring spacily out at the valley, a bereft expression on his face.
"Why would there be a vote? If she wants to stay then she can, and if not then...we can't make her," he the yearling frowned.
Jay rolled his shoulders and stood up.

"Whether she's with us or not, let's get going," he huffed as he started the walk down into the valley. "I'm not losing sight of this herd again."
Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 10-01-2011 22:41

"I'm sure they won't object!" He grinned and Jay frowned.
"Object to what?" He snapped.
Indeed, Sienna was unphased by Jay's blunt disposition. She wasn't hurt at all, nor scared off, nor even touched. She simply took it all in her stride, as if it didn't matter.
Jay frowned at Sienna, Jack and Rosco turning to smile at the young female. She didn't appear phased by Jay's social issues.
The large silver male smiled, tail wagging. "Of course," Rosco answered. "When we get to them."
"With any luck, we males should be able to bring down a decent meal," Jack added, smiling politely.
Alfie jumped, tongue lolling as he put himself between Sienna and his uncles.
"She can help us, right? The more of us, the bigger we can afford to take down!" The youngsters suggested, his eyes sparkling deviously.
She looked from one to the other, curious to hear the answer. But before she got it... she turned one ear as another discussion suddenly made her feel a little unwelcome.
Mattie sat next to his uncle Jay, pouting.
Jay stared at him. "Getting cold feet, are we?"
"Alfie seems to like her," Mattie shrugged.
Jay lifted his muzzle, sighing. "So does my brother. Unfortunately. I guess I'm going to instantly lose if we vote to see if she can stay or not."
Matias raised an eyebrow at his uncle, who was staring spacily out at the valley, a bereft expression on his face.
"Why would there be a vote? If she wants to stay then she can, and if not then...we can't make her," he the yearling frowned.
Jay rolled his shoulders and stood up.

"Whether she's with us or not, let's get going," he huffed as he started the walk down into the valley. "I'm not losing sight of this herd again."
A tad offended, Sienna looked at Jay, then hurried to walk besides him.

- ''If you don't want me here, feel free to say so. But I might be of use to you... just saying.'' She shrugged. ''I'm a loner... I guess there are advantages for me to hang with you guys for a while. But I don't intend on being a parasite. I can show you my worth, if you let me...''

Her green eyes locked at his, just for a second. She hoped he'd agree. She hoped he'd give her a chance... and let her hunt.
toki333
Warrior

Post by toki333 » 11-01-2011 00:23

(Rambling on iPod is rambling!)

Jay started down the slope into the valley, his family eventually following him with anticipation - now the smell of prey was fresh in their nostrils, they realised just how hungry they were. Over anything else, Jay's priority was to get food for them, and he barely just held back a grimace as his own stomach growled fiercely, tying itself in knots.

The valley was ideallic - sweeping hills with a back drop if endless plains and scrubland and, in the distance, the silhuoette of the mountains. The pack paused to stare out at the scenery. None of them cared much for landscape, but they all felt humbled by how far the land stretched in all directions. It was so peaceful here - it wouldn't come as much of a surprise if the deer thought they were safe here.

Jay wasn't at peace with himself, however. He was torn - letting Sienna stay and putting dampers on his own security, or driving her away and always having the thought of her wandering off alone engraved into his mind. He was such a nugget - hard on the outside, with a gooey centre easy to melt...providing you cracked the shell first.
A tad offended, Sienna looked at Jay, then hurried to walk besides him.
Jay looked up as the female approached him, hurrying to keep up with his determined pace. The young male licked his lips agitatedly and glanced over his shoulder at his dawdling family. He was about to speak, when Sienna beat him to it. 
- ''If you don't want me here, feel free to say so. But I might be of use to you... just saying.'' She shrugged. ''I'm a loner... I guess there are advantages for me to hang with you guys for a while. But I don't intend on being a parasite. I can show you my worth, if you let me...''

Her green eyes locked at his, just for a second. She hoped he'd agree. She hoped he'd give her a chance... and let her hunt.
Jay listened to her, staring - no, glaring - at the valley unfolding before him. Oh, had he really made it so obvious that he wasn't the sort of wolf who enjoyed being pestered?

When she finished her little speech, Jay gave her an undecided look and simply replied with a "hmph". 

After a while of them walking in silence, he eventually had thought up what he considered a relatively decent answer to her.
"It's not that I don't want you here," he started, staring off into the distance. "I just...don't quite trust you yet. And my family are easily distracted, so really all I want is for them to goddamn hurry up."
Jay glanced back over his shoulder, wrinkling his nose as he saw the two yearlings bounding around each other. Even when they were fairly normal they constantly endangered themselves and others with their escapades and efforts. If Sienna did stick around to hunt, Jay was tempted to ask his son and nephew to sit away from the group, where they could do no damage.
Jay stared back at Sienna. He was highly surprised she was still single - she was clearly bold, with a good heart and temperament, and certainly was quite...attractive.

Jay shook his head to clear it. Why she was single was not his problem, nor something to worry about changing. 

As they neared the midway point of the valley slope, Jay glanced up at the sky. Sunset would be in a few hours - all the more reason to hurry and reach the herd. Though, a twilight hunt wasn't so bad...it just meant Alfie and Mattie got even more excited.

Jay realised whilst walking that perhaps Sienna had overhead his conversation with his nephew before. He looked at her, clearly wanting to say something, but didn't quite know what words to use. Instead he decided to try and make small talk.

"So what about your family?" He asked, flattening his ears a little when he finally noticed the few centimetre height difference between them...of course, as was the norm for him, he was shorter. At least she hadn't noticed that yet, or at least pointed it out, and nor had she said anything about his scars.

Actually, so far so good. He could grow to like her if she remained this quiet and distant towards him. No questions, no worries.
Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 11-01-2011 22:09

When she finished her little speech, Jay gave her an undecided look and simply replied with a "hmph".
Once more, Sienna was completely unphased. She just lifted one brow, then walked with him, waiting. She was patient; she had a feeling he would answer her sooner or later.
Her tail moved slowly behind her, swaying from left to right with each steps, her hips causing this constant motion. Oh yes, she had a feminine walk. Not that she even aware of it.
After a while of them walking in silence, he eventually had thought up what he considered a relatively decent answer to her.
"It's not that I don't want you here," he started, staring off into the distance. "I just...don't quite trust you yet....
- ''Hmm... I respect that.'' Sienna answered, thoughtfully. ''I guess that feeling is a little mutual. You'd have to get to know me, to trust me. Question is...'' She glanced at him. ''Will you give me that chance?''
... And my family are easily distracted, so really all I want is for them to goddamn hurry up."
Jay glanced back over his shoulder, wrinkling his nose as he saw the two yearlings bounding around each other.
Once more, Sienna laughed softly to herself, shaking her head slightly. Cute... really cute. Jay certainly had little patience with others...

She then lifted her head, staring at the deer, not even noticing that Jay looked at her. She then licked her lips quickly; a sign of tention. The hunter within was slowly awaking at the sight of so much prey. Alone, she wouldn't dream of bringing down big prey like that. But in a group....

As they neared the midway point of the valley slope, Jay glanced up at the sky.

"So what about your family?" He asked, flattening his ears a little when he finally noticed the few centimetre height difference between them...of course, as was the norm for him, he was shorter. At least she hadn't noticed that yet, or at least pointed it out, and nor had she said anything about his scars.
Sienna was a little surprised by his question; her ears perked and she smiled.

- ''I'm surprised you ask... You didn't strike me as the kind of wolf to care.'' There was no unkindness in those words, just honest surprise. ''Honestly? My family spoiled me and my siblings rotten.'' There was a bit of a naughty sparkle in her eyes again. ''The whole pack invested in us. They wanted us to grow into healthy, strong, sensible wolves. I hope they managed...'' She snickered. ''But our pack was too large. It was only fair that some of us would leave... and I was related to some of the other packmembers. They had more then enough females left, so the only logical thing for me to do, was leave voluntairly. And so I did.'' She smiled; she always looked back without any regrets. ''I've been a loner since... I guess I'm boring.'' She snickered again.

She then glanced besides her.
Part of her felt like asking more about Jay and his family. But she didn't feel it was her place to ask questions... not yet. All in good time...

She suddenly stopped; she raised her head again.

- ''How close shall we approach..?''
toki333
Warrior

Post by toki333 » 11-01-2011 22:44

(EDIT;; My apologies for putting James aha. I was currently writing some stuff up about James while writing this. But yes...I fail :D)

- ''Hmm... I respect that.'' Sienna answered, thoughtfully. ''I guess that feeling is a little mutual. You'd have to get to know me, to trust me. Question is...'' She glanced at him. ''Will you give me that chance?''
Jay stared at her, one eyebrow raised and his head cocked slightly to the side. He realised he had been a bit of a...well, an ass, to put it squarely. And he hadn't given her a chance, that was for sure.

He looked away, drifting back into his own little world again.

"I suppose I just jump to assumptions too quickly," he mumbled, half to himself. He glanced back at Sienna, forcing some sort of a smile. "You're welcome to stay as long as you like...I guess."

He didn't care that adding the I guess made him sound uncertain, or even like he didn't really believe in what he was saying. Just so long as he didn't appear such a stick in the mud, he was ok.

- ''I'm surprised you ask... You didn't strike me as the kind of wolf to care.'' There was no unkindness in those words, just honest surprise.
Jay glared at her after she started to answer him.
"And what exactly is that meant to imply?" He hissed under his breath, but didn't interrupt her.
''Honestly? My family spoiled me and my siblings rotten.'' There was a bit of a naughty sparkle in her eyes again. ''The whole pack invested in us. They wanted us to grow into healthy, strong, sensible wolves. I hope they managed...'' She snickered. ''But our pack was too large. It was only fair that some of us would leave... and I was related to some of the other packmembers. They had more then enough females left, so the only logical thing for me to do, was leave voluntairly. And so I did.'' She smiled; she always looked back without any regrets. ''I've been a loner since... I guess I'm boring.'' She snickered again.
Jay shrugged, wagging his tail slightly.
"It's ok. Trust me, I'd rather have that upbringing than being stuck with my siblings through puphood," he rolled his eyes, though his words weren't unkind. "Besides, I always like to hear about other's pasts...let's me compare them to my own."

They continued walking onwards, his family catching up to them quickly as the scent of prey started to excite them. Alfie bounded up to his father and Sienna, stopping a few metres ahead of them to wag his tail at them, his tongue lolling out of his mouth, a mischievous sparkle in his eyes.

"He's still such a pup," Jay smiled fondly as Alfie loped past them again, batting his cousin across the head on the way and earning a sharp growl from Jack.
- ''How close shall we approach..?''
Jay's ears perked as they stopped. They were still a fair way from the herd but, if they wanted to, they could easily start the hunt right from their current position.
"We'll get a little closer," he looked to his brothers for confirmation, who both nodded. "That way it should be easier to pick a target, and we can catch them by surprise."

Rosco stretched and yawned, his tongue curling over his white teeth as he did so. When he stood up straight again, the hairs on his back were stood on end.
"Let's get this show on the road," he smirked.
Alfie and Mattie were obediently sat watching the adults, their faces keen and ears perked, tails wagging slightly at their sides.

Jay was torn - they were of some use during hunts, and they did love hunting and learned from it each time...but sometimes they just got in the way and, quite frankly, screwed things up.
"Look," he sighed. "Keep to the back of the hunt. Your job is to block the deer from escaping us, and to steer it. Got it?"

The two youngsters nodded, and the pack moved forwards again, eventually stopping fifty or so metres from the peacefully grazing deer.
By now, the males were solidly focused on a target, the hairs along their spine stood on end and poised in case the herd should startle.
Alfie watched Sienna, who he'd decided to position himself next to.

"Which one are we going for?" Mattie asked. Rosco glanced at his brothers before stepping forwards slightly and motioning with his head to a young stag with small antlers - something that shouldn't pose much of a threat to the pack. He was healthy, but inexperienced, and had distanced himself from the herd.

"That one. Now on my word..."

Alfie's ears perked as he noticed something small and furry moving in the shrubs nearby, and he started to head over to it, eyes wide and nose twitching as he went to investigate.

Jay growled.
"Alfie, no!" He hissed. "Get back before you startle the deer!"
Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 12-01-2011 20:23

"I suppose I just jump to assumptions too quickly," he mumbled, half to himself. He glanced back at Sienna, forcing some sort of a smile. "You're welcome to stay as long as you like...I guess."
Sienna grinned slightly; well, it was a start. She realised all too well that this guy didn't really enjoy the company. But hey, that was fine. If it didn't work out, she'd leave... no hard feelings.
She always was easygoing....

James glared at her after she started to answer him.
"And what exactly is that meant to imply?" He hissed under his breath, but didn't interrupt her.
((James = Jay right?))

His reaction brought a sparkle of amusement to her eye as she continued. Oh, oh... he sure was a proud one...
"It's ok. Trust me, I'd rather have that upbringing than being stuck with my siblings through puphood," he rolled his eyes, though his words weren't unkind. "Besides, I always like to hear about other's pasts...let's me compare them to my own."
She came a little closer, so that she could give him a gentle nudge with her shoulder.
- ''Don't be insulted... You just seem to kind of wolf to be to yourself.'' She said, smiling. ''So, how does mine compare..?''

But before her question was answered, her attention shifted as Jay turned his own attention to Alfie, making her smile once more.
Oh yes, he was still very much a pup. And she hoped for him that he'd have a chance to let his puphood last a little longer...

"We'll get a little closer," he looked to his brothers for confirmation, who both nodded. "That way it should be easier to pick a target, and we can catch them by surprise."
Rosco stretched and yawned, his tongue curling over his white teeth as he did so. When he stood up straight again, the hairs on his back were stood on end.
"Let's get this show on the road," he smirked.
Alfie and Mattie were obediently sat watching the adults, their faces keen and ears perked, tails wagging slightly at their sides.

Jay was torn - they were of some use during hunts, and they did love hunting and learned from it each time...but sometimes they just got in the way and, quite frankly, screwed things up.
"Look," he sighed. "Keep to the back of the hunt. Your job is to block the deer from escaping us, and to steer it. Got it?"

The two youngsters nodded, and the pack moved forwards again, eventually stopping fifty or so metres from the peacefully grazing deer.
By now, the males were solidly focused on a target, the hairs along their spine stood on end and poised in case the herd should startle.
Alfie watched Sienna, who he'd decided to position himself next to.
Sienna nodded; it was time to get going... She got herself ready.
She had hunted in a pack before, when she was younger... but it had been a while. She hoped she'd still remember all the tricks...

"Which one are we going for?" Mattie asked. Rosco glanced at his brothers before stepping forwards slightly and motioning with his head to a young stag with small antlers - something that shouldn't pose much of a threat to the pack. He was healthy, but inexperienced, and had distanced himself from the herd.

"That one. Now on my word..."
Sienna was in position; her eyes locked on the young stag Rosco had pointed out.
She lowered herself into the grass, slowly stalking closer, step by step.

She was ready....
Alfie's ears perked as he noticed something small and furry moving in the shrubs nearby, and he started to head over to it, eyes wide and nose twitching as he went to investigate.

Jay growled.
"Alfie, no!" He hissed. "Get back before you startle the deer!"
Sienna saw it happening; she gasped and her eyes widened.

The leading stag of the herd noticed him. Not all of them... just Alfie. Just a tad too careless...
Jay's warning came to late; the stag let out a burling cry. The doe, the calfs, the younger stags, they all raised their heads as one; then, they began to run...

... straight at Alfie.

- ''ALFIE, WATCH OUT!'' Sienna cried out. She then rushed to her paws; at this rate, he'd be trampled.... and she was closest. What else could she do?

She snarled as she leaped up high from out of the grass, trying to cut the deer off; she had to lead them away from Alfie... she had to make them change directions...

It seemed so simple. But it all happend in seconds.

The deer rushed towards the youngster; then, startled by the larger wolf appearing out of nowhere, turned away sharply and leaped, missing Alfie by just a hair...

Unfortunatly, the leading stag seemed to have different idea's.

He ran with his herd, and as he saw Sienna's attack to them, his instincts took over. He was the protector of the herd, the leading one... and his herd was in danger. They had calfs to protect...

He burled out loud and lowered his head; Sienna saw him just too late...

- ''AGHH!!!'' She gasped, as the antlers hit her side. She was send flying, just for a moment, before hitting the ground quite hard. But she was already focussed back on Alfie; the deer... the herd...

- ''ALFIE!'' She screamed. She rushed back to her feet, her side feeling bruised, blood trickling out of small little holes that the antlers had made in her flesh, and the air knocked out of her lungs still. But she once more leaped forward, trying to steer the herd away... when the stag attacked again.

This time, she saw him coming. This time, she leaped out his way with a miraculeous, spectaculair jump that looked a lot like a rabbit's deathjump, her body twisting, her tail twisting to keep balance.

The deer seemed to notice Alfie, even in their panic; some leaped over his head and others ran right besides him. It was a miracle he wasn't hit, but it seemed to go just fine...

.. until the stag noticed him as well.
He snorted, he burled loudly; he stomped the ground with his hooves and attacked once more. Sienna gasped; she had to stop him...!!!

As he rushed forward, so did she. She jumped for him; she tried to get a grip, tried to wrap her legs around his neck....
She snarled, she bit, but got nothing but a mouth full of fluff. The stag reared; she lost her grip and fell. She landed on her back...

- ''AAAAAAHHH!!!''

She stared up in horror; she saw nothing but the chest and belly of the large stag and his hooves coming down for her....

She tried to roll aside, but couldn't save herself in time; both front hooves stomped down upon her left front leg before she could get it out of the way.
The pain was intense; she tried to scream, but no sound came out. For a second, she feared her leg was broken....

She snarled without a sound, in fear and terror, as the stag came for another attack....

(HALP :P Sorry, not my best thing ever... I tried...)
toki333
Warrior

Post by toki333 » 12-01-2011 21:07

(I was actually yelling NO! all the way through reading that lol. My mum is giving me really strange looks :lol:)

Jay's warning came to late; the stag let out a burling cry. The doe, the calfs, the younger stags, they all raised their heads as one; then, they began to run...

... straight at Alfie.

- ''ALFIE, WATCH OUT!'' Sienna cried out. She then rushed to her paws; at this rate, he'd be trampled.... and she was closest.
Alfie's head whipped round as he heard his father shouting, and heard the stag alert his herd. Before the youngster could do anything, move out the way, the deer were stampeding right towards him.

His ears flattened against his skull and his eyes grew wide as he froze to the spot.
At Sienna's words he shook his head to clear it and tried his best to scramble out of the way, his heart in his throat.

His family were running too as the herd spread out, darting around them as they fled. Jay's vision of his son was blocked by the endless blocks of moving deer, and no matter how he tried to get through, he couldn't.

Rosco, Mattie and Jack had tried to steer the deer away from the pack, but their efforts were no good - the herd had only one intention, and that was to flee.
She snarled as she leaped up high from out of the grass, trying to cut the deer off; she had to lead them away from Alfie... she had to make them change directions...

It seemed so simple. But it all happend in seconds.

The deer rushed towards the youngster; then, startled by the larger wolf appearing out of nowhere, turned away sharply and leaped, missing Alfie by just a hair...

Unfortunatly, the leading stag seemed to have different idea's.

Alfie couldn't outrun the deer - his late start and shocked state clouded his judgement, and the herd started to engulf him, their hooves flying dangerously close.

Out of nowhere, Sienna leaped in to steer the deer away. Startled, they veered away quickly, their nostrils flared and their flailing legs barely missing Alfie.
He watched in horror at all the deer, panicking again, before whirling around to see the lead stag running with his herd...and straight for Sienna.

"Dad!" The youngster called out, darting back to Jay's side.
"We've got to help her!" Alfie yelped, going to run after the female before Jay's teeth grabbed him by the scruff and yanked him back. The smaller male snarled furiously.
"Stay out of the way before you put yourself in any more danger, do you hear me?" Jay growled, then spun round and headed off to try and help Sienna.
- ''AGHH!!!'' She gasped, as the antlers hit her side. She was send flying, just for a moment, before hitting the ground quite hard.
Jack, Rosco and Matias, who saw the stag hit Sienna, all stopped their attempts to steer the herd away and ran back down into the valley to help her, all of them confused as to what exactly happened, and who had done what.

The herd were starting to circle back on themselves however, veering round and heading back towards Alfie - where their escape route was.
Jay snarled, snapping at their heels as he tried to push them away from his son, and let out a yep as he was kicked in the jaw. He looked back to try and find Sienna, his eyes scanning through the herd.

Alfie was frozen to the spot again, like a rabbit in headlights.

This usually didn't happen in hunts.
- ''ALFIE!'' She screamed. She rushed back to her feet, her side feeling bruised, blood trickling out of small little holes that the antlers had made in her flesh, and the air knocked out of her lungs still. But she once more leaped forward, trying to steer the herd away... when the stag attacked again.
Jay whipped around at the sound of the female's voice, jade eyes flitting from deer to deer as he tried to both look out for her and try and stop, or at least control, the stampede - all in vain.

Alfie was still in a state of shock, and by the time he heard Sienna's scream, the deer herd was already starting to surround him again, and he flattened himself to the ground in an attempt to protect himself. The deer ran around around or leapt over him, just as terrified as he was.

Of course, except for the stag.

Alfie looked up at the large stag, with his rack of lethal antlers and his nostrils flared as he snorted. The yearling couldn't see any means of escape, in all directions he was surrounded by stampeding hooves, and as the stag charged at him he prepared himself for the blow.
As he rushed forward, so did she. She jumped for him; she tried to get a grip, tried to wrap her legs around his neck....
She snarled, she bit, but got nothing but a mouth full of fluff. The stag reared; she lost her grip and fell. She landed on her back...

- ''AAAAAAHHH!!!''

She stared up in horror; she saw nothing but the chest and belly of the large stag and his hooves coming down for her....
She tried to roll aside, but couldn't save herself in time; both front hooves stomped down upon her left front leg before she could get it out of the way.
The pain was intense; she tried to scream, but no sound came out. For a second, she feared her leg was broken....

She snarled without a sound, in fear and terror, as the stag came for another attack....
Once again, Sienna came to his rescue, leaping in front of the stag and attacking him.
As Alfie saw his friend fall however, and the stag bring his hooves down on her, he pushed his fear aside, baring his teeth furiously.
Before the stag could harm her any more, he rushed forwards and sank his teeth into its hind legs. The stag weighed more than three times as much as him, however, but it didn't stop the yearling from tugged at its legs and biting even more. The stag soon lost interesting in slamming down its forelegs, and instead took to the bucking to get the wolf off of it.

Alfie only hoped Sienna could get out the way - he couldn't hold the stag on his own.

He was eventually forced to let go, the stag's thrashing hind legs narrowly missing his face as he backed away, snarling furiously.
He didn't notice that his family were now there too, snapping at the stag.
By now the deer herd had managed to get away, all careering off in all directions to get away from the hunters.
Jay leapt for the stag at the same time as his brothers, and the stag bucked to try and fend them all off. But when all five of the males attacked, it had no chance of fighting them all.
When they all had eventually let go the stag managed to limp away.

They would have chased it if they didn't have bigger things to worry about.

There was a long pause as the males just stared blankly ahead, all trying to work out how all of that had happened so quickly. All five had blood stained muzzles, and their eyes widened when they noticed Sienna's blood stained side.

Jay narrowed his eyes angrily at Alfie before padding to Sienna's side, ears flattened, Jack at his side.

"Get away," the younger twin snapped, his icy blue eyes soft with concern as he noticed how badly the female was injured.
Her leg was very badly damaged - and it looked very much like a sprain or fracture in the least - and the gashes in her side made the young male wince.

None of them really knew what to say. Jack just studied the female's injuries, wondering whether or not he should offer to help her to some shelter, or offer to lick her wounds.

"You need to rest that leg," he eventually said, clearing his throat. He nodded to Rosco. "Come on, we'll help you to some shelter. Keep as much weight off that leg as possible."

Alfie ducked his head, tail tucked between his legs as he stared apologetically at Sienna.
He knew within minutes he'd get hell - and no doubt from the entire pack, not just his father.

"I'm sorry..." he murmured as Jay shoved past him, flexing his jaw as the ache started to set in. Mattie followed him close behind, tail lowered and eyes staring at the ground. Alfie watched them head towards a cluster of trees and rock ledges at the edge of the valley, eventually slinking after them.

As Jay met up with his brothers, he stopped to give his nephew a quick reassuring lick. The young male had no idea what had happened and why everyone was so tense; all he knew was that Alfie was in trouble, and Sienna badly injured...most likely because of him.

As if to make matters worse, the sky started to turn grey, and before long small drops of rain started to splatter the ground. Underneath the rock ledges and the shelter of the trees it was dry, however for Alfie, who had decided to keep his distance, it wasn't long before he was soaked.

He didn't care. All he wanted was for a hole in the earth to swallow him up - Sienna was injured, with a possible broken leg, and it was all because he couldn't follow simple instructions.
Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 16-01-2011 16:33

(That... was... epic. Loved Alfie's reactions... loved all their reactions. Story was REALLY completed! :D)
Once again, Sienna came to his rescue, leaping in front of the stag and attacking him.
As Alfie saw his friend fall however, and the stag bring his hooves down on her, he pushed his fear aside, baring his teeth furiously.
Before the stag could harm her any more, he rushed forwards and sank his teeth into its hind legs. The stag weighed more than three times as much as him, however, but it didn't stop the yearling from tugged at its legs and biting even more. The stag soon lost interesting in slamming down its forelegs, and instead took to the bucking to get the wolf off of it.

Alfie only hoped Sienna could get out the way - he couldn't hold the stag on his own.
Sienna gasped in pain; she was surprised to see Alfie come to her aid. She had tried to save HIM... but now, he was saving HER.
He bravely attacked the stag, even though the beast was much larger and heavier then him. He did his very best to hold him, to stop him.

She wasn't surprised as the furious herd leader was forced to shift his attention to the nuisance holding on to his legs; it bucked and burled, eyes rolling, nostrils flaring.

She tried to crawl away, her one front leg feeling useless. But at least it didn't seem broken....

He was eventually forced to let go, the stag's thrashing hind legs narrowly missing his face as he backed away, snarling furiously.
He didn't notice that his family were now there too, snapping at the stag.
By now the deer herd had managed to get away, all careering off in all directions to get away from the hunters.
Jay leapt for the stag at the same time as his brothers, and the stag bucked to try and fend them all off. But when all five of the males attacked, it had no chance of fighting them all.
When they all had eventually let go the stag managed to limp away.

They would have chased it if they didn't have bigger things to worry about.

There was a long pause as the males just stared blankly ahead, all trying to work out how all of that had happened so quickly. All five had blood stained muzzles, and their eyes widened when they noticed Sienna's blood stained side.
She felt a huge relief as Alfie was helped by his familymember, who had finally managed to come to their aid, after being blocked by the panicing herd. She watched helplessly as they fought the stag, the beast unable to fight off that many wolves.

And despite it all... part of her felt saddened as the mighty leader limped off.
It had given it's best efford to protect his herd... but now, it was wounded. Maybe even lethally wounded. It could die... and unfortunatly, without feeding the pack. So sad.... so useless.

Why did it all have to happen...

However, she herself was injured quite bad as well, and she knew that the laws of nature where hard.
She gulped as she realised she was now as helpless as the stag was. With a shock, she acknowledged the fact that she now depended on the others... and maybe even for quite some time.
She wouldn't be hunting again anytime soon...

Jay narrowed his eyes angrily at Alfie before padding to Sienna's side, ears flattened, Jack at his side.

"Get away," the younger twin snapped, his icy blue eyes soft with concern as he noticed how badly the female was injured.
Her leg was very badly damaged - and it looked very much like a sprain or fracture in the least - and the gashes in her side made the young male wince.

None of them really knew what to say. Jack just studied the female's injuries, wondering whether or not he should offer to help her to some shelter, or offer to lick her wounds.

"You need to rest that leg," he eventually said, clearing his throat. He nodded to Rosco. "Come on, we'll help you to some shelter. Keep as much weight off that leg as possible."
She sighed in relief as she found the others helpful. She looked at them, face slightly twisted in pain, but even now, she found some humor.
- ''Shame we didn't actually catch the stag.. would have fed us for a week.'' She joked, as she tried to get up. She wasn't used to stand on three legs, but she managed. ''I guess we won't be doing these kinds of hunts often...''
Alfie ducked his head, tail tucked between his legs as he stared apologetically at Sienna.
He knew within minutes he'd get hell - and no doubt from the entire pack, not just his father.

"I'm sorry..." he murmured as Jay shoved past him, flexing his jaw as the ache started to set in. Mattie followed him close behind, tail lowered and eyes staring at the ground. Alfie watched them head towards a cluster of trees and rock ledges at the edge of the valley, eventually slinking after them.

As Jay met up with his brothers, he stopped to give his nephew a quick reassuring lick. The young male had no idea what had happened and why everyone was so tense; all he knew was that Alfie was in trouble, and Sienna badly injured...most likely because of him.
Sienna looked at Alfie, sadness in her eyes as she felt for the poor youngster. He had made a mistake... like so many youngsters did. It usually didn't end this way... mistakes at this age often didn't cause a real problem. But unfortunatly, it had all turned for the very worse in this case...

Still, she couldn't blame him. How could she? Nobody had wanted this... and he could have died himself. She was just glad it hadn't turned out worse.

- ''Sometimes, these things happen.'' She finally said, softly. ''But we're alive... let's just be thankful for that.''

As if to make matters worse, the sky started to turn grey, and before long small drops of rain started to splatter the ground. Underneath the rock ledges and the shelter of the trees it was dry, however for Alfie, who had decided to keep his distance, it wasn't long before he was soaked.

He didn't care. All he wanted was for a hole in the earth to swallow him up - Sienna was injured, with a possible broken leg, and it was all because he couldn't follow simple instructions.
Sienna limped to dry ground with the others. She flopped down to lick her sore leg; the skin was torn, bleeding quite bad, but it was nothing compared to the sharp pain inside. She wasn't sure what it was... but she knew that broken bones caused limbs to dangle uselessly. She had seen it before. And her leg didn't dangle; it just hurt badly. Very badly.
However, she wasn't sure she'd even be able to stand on it....

She then noticed Alfie, standing alone in the rain. Her ears perked and she tilted her head slightly. Why did he stay THERE?

Normally, she would have gotten up to retrieve him. Now, she just gestured him to come to her with a movement of her head, hoping he'd find the courage.