Only Vagabonds;; (Nakisha)

The wide open plains of Hekaya, where many species live together. With wide grasslands and beautiful lakes, a perfect place to live.
toki333
Warrior

Only Vagabonds;; (Nakisha)

Post by toki333 » 02-01-2011 23:38

Rosco ran up ahead, nose to ground and tail held high. Behind him, his brothers watched him closely, ears perked and eyes sharp.

"I've found it!" Rosco looked up, a large wolf grin on his face. "I've found the scent!"

"About time," Jay grumbled, trotting to the silver male. "Best tracker my arse."

Rosco snarled as his older, smaller brother shoved past him, picking up the scent too.
"It's distant. We missed them again," he snapped. He turned to the two yearlings of the pack, his own son Alfie and his nephew Matias.
"You two need to keep moving! No dilly-dallying when we say move, ok?"

Alfie ducked his head, narrowing his eyes. "Well it's not our fault. We move as a pack, we don't just pin point our speed on certain members."
"He's got a point though," Jack interrupted. "You two have been stopping to smell every scent, and to introduce yourself to every wolf we've passed - not that there's been many - and as a pack, we move at the speed of the slowest member."
Alfie glanced at Mattie, who whimpered slightly.
"Never mind," Jay sighed. "The longer we stand here bickering, the further away that deer herd is going to move."

Jay looked to Jack, who nodded in agreement, and the five started moving again in silence, their pace rushed. The deer heard they'd been tracking for a while moved faster than them, half the time. They would've given up on the chase, ad it not been remotely entertaining for the pack.

Alfie turned to Matias.
"You're a little quiet today," he murmured. Matias looked up.
"It's just so awkward, what with me being...you know..." Mattie sighed. "It's ok for you. The group doesn't decide to move on the second you start trying to befriend another wolf."
Alfie laughed. "Don't worry. You'll find a girl you like some day."
Matias forced a smile, and tucked his tail between his legs.
Alfie's nose twitched.

"Speaking of which..." a smile grew on his face. "I smell company."
Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 02-01-2011 23:56

Sienna was relaxed, alone as always. She was tearing away at a fresh-caught hare, enjoying the meat openly, without a worry. She hadn't taken any precaution; there was no need. She didn't really have to worry about others stealing her prey. Not around these parts. Even IF someone did... she'd catch something else. At this time, there was enough small prey. And being a lonewolf... she didn't need to catch bigger ones. She could easily fill her belly with what she found.

The sound of her strong teeth gnawing at bone was the only sound she made; a rasking, constant sound. Her eyes where half-shut, her tail stretched out behind her as she lay there, completely at ease.

But her rest didn't last too long, as voices seemed to come closer.
"Don't worry. You'll find a girl you like some day."
Her ears suddenly perked; her green eyes opened wide and she raised her maw, sniffing, curious and alert.
The sound of the youngster's voice was, in itself, no reason for concern. She was a fullgrown female and able to fend for herself. But she didn't believe that youngsters would travel all alone... and running into a pack could always be dangerous for lone wolves like her.
"Speaking of which... I smell company."
She rose to her paws, her head low, standing straight on her legs. There was no snarl on her face, but her eyes stared in the direction of the sound.
She was ready to flee, to fight, to talk. Whatever the situation required. Her whole body showed healthy caution without fear. Her tail was slightly raised, as she was not to most submissive type of wolf. But there was no display of dominance either in her perked ears, nor where her hackles raised; it was just the bodylanguage of a confident wolf.

She waited, silently. The voices came straight at her....
~When darkness comes, you know I'm never far~
toki333
Warrior

Post by toki333 » 03-01-2011 00:08

Nakisha wrote: She rose to her paws, her head low, standing straight on her legs. There was no snarl on her face, but her eyes stared in the direction of the sound.
She was ready to flee, to fight, to talk. Whatever the situation required. Her whole body showed healthy caution without fear. Her tail was slightly raised, as she was not to most submissive type of wolf. But there was no display of dominance either in her perked ears, nor where her hackles raised; it was just the bodylanguage of a confident wolf.

She waited, silently. The voices came straight at her....

Alfie stared ahead, ears forward and mouth gaping slightly as an excited whimper escaped his lips. He was always the first to spot stranger wolves, and was the one who always got the most excited over encounters.

"What's up with them now?" Jay snapped as Rosco stopped to stare at them over his shoulder.

"Hey!" Alfie called out, trotting up to the adults and pushing past them as he headed towards the female. "Hey, are you alone?"

Matias stared at his feet, shuffling. Yeah...maybe I should just go along with the facade...pretend I fit in...
He sucked in a deep breath and lifted his head, following Alfie towards the female, head tilted slightly to the side.

Jay flattened his ears before following the two youngsters. Their curiosity would wind them all up in danger one day, he was sure of it.

Alfie smiled at the female. She was older than him by at least a year - a fully mature female. Alfie didn't stand a chance with her, but he was always open for new friends.
"I'm Alfie," he smiled. "What's your name?"
Jay sighed exasperatedly, his brothers sniffing around the ground, having picked up the scent of a fresh kill.

Mattie sat down beside Alfie, not saying anything, simply staring around himself feeling a bit put out. It was ok when it was groups of wolves like them, or a lone male, but when it was a female - a lone one - it was just plain awkward. Alfie and Rosco went slightly mad, Jay and Jack just got grumpy over the hold up and their relatives' antics, and Mattie just sat on the side, wishing they could just get moving.

"Alfie, don't talk to strangers," Jay mumbled.
"I'm not a baby, dad," Alfie spat the last word, sulking. It was so unfair...his dad messed up everything for him..
Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 03-01-2011 00:29

"Hey!" Alfie called out, trotting up to the adults and pushing past them as he headed towards the female. "Hey, are you alone?"
Sienna relaxed slightly as it was the youngster who's voice she had heard that greeted her first. Her stare dissapeared and her eyes turned softer, friendlier.

He was quickly followed by another youngster, also a male. She perked her ears, curious. But she also noticed the scent of more wolves... mature males, from the scent of it. She relaxed, lifted her head a little, but stayed alert.

- ''Well, hello.'' She smiled, not answering the question right away, mainly out of safety reasons. She lifted her head even further as more wolves appeared, including the adults she had smelled.
"I'm Alfie," he smiled. "What's your name?"
Jay sighed exasperatedly, his brothers sniffing around the ground, having picked up the scent of a fresh kill.

Mattie sat down beside Alfie, not saying anything, simply staring around himself feeling a bit put out.
Sienna smiled, quite touched by the naieve, friendly youngster that still had the innocence of a child. Alfie... cute.

- ''I'm Sienna... I'm just roaming around.'' She answered, as her eyes rested on Jay for a moment. She had a feeling the adults would adress her as well, and she was ready for it, if need be.
At least there was no sign of hostility.

She was very aware of the strangers around her, her ears turning every now and then to pick up every sound, to keep track of where everyone was positioned.
The hare lay besides her, almost forgotten.
"Alfie, don't talk to strangers," Jay mumbled.
"I'm not a baby, dad," Alfie spat the last word, sulking. It was so unfair...his dad messed up everything for him..
Sienna felt for the youngster; even though she herself was used to be reserved around strangers, she didn't really find any harm in Alfie's friendliness. But it wasn't her place to judge... and it was up to the adults what would happen now. She knew that.

And thus, she didn't speak, and just looked at Jay blankly, head very slightly tilted.

It seemed to be a little pack. All males, from the looks of it.
She wondered why there weren't any females. Didn't the youngsters have mothers? Or maybe something had happend...
Well, again, it wasn't her place to judge. But she was observing...
toki333
Warrior

Post by toki333 » 03-01-2011 00:44

Sienna smiled, quite touched by the naieve, friendly youngster that still had the innocence of a child. Alfie... cute.

- ''I'm Sienna... I'm just roaming around.'' She answered, as her eyes rested on Jay for a moment. She had a feeling the adults would adress her as well, and she was ready for it, if need be.
At least there was no sign of hostility.

She was very aware of the strangers around her, her ears turning every now and then to pick up every sound, to keep track of where everyone was positioned.
The hare lay besides her, almost forgotten.

Alfie wagged his tail enthusiastically. Sienna...that was a nice name. He didn't know anyone called that - and he'd met quite a few wolves.

"Oh you're a roamer like us?" Alfie chirped. Rosco growled in warning to him as he approached the young male, and as he turned his attention to Sienna, he felt his cheeks burn under his fur.

"Oh..." he stammered, then grinned, turning to Jay. "It's just a lassie. She's no trouble to us."
"Females ruined my life," Jay whined dramatically, turning away and heading off to sit down and sulk on his own.

Jack's nose twitched as he took in the female's scent from a distance - not wanting to intimidate her by too many people rushing in at once.

Alfie glanced over his shoulder at his dad before sighing.
"Don't mind him. He's just cranky," he laughed.

"I heard that!"

"I'm sure you did," Alfie added under his breath.
Matias opened his mouth to speak, but before he could say anything, Rosco spoke again.
"Hey, you're more than welcome to travel with us, if you like," Rosco smiled, adding a wink. "I'm Rosco by the way, and this is my family. I'm the Alpha Male."

"No you're not," Jay butted in from where he was sat away from them.

Matias sighed. This was just typical. Exactly what happened every time they bumped in a lone female.
I'm just going to keep my mouth shut and watch them all make idiots of themselves.
Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 03-01-2011 01:06

"Oh you're a roamer like us?" Alfie chirped. Rosco growled in warning to him as he approached the young male, as he turned his attention to Sienna.
Sienna was wise enough to answer that question out loud, with a disapproving male nearby. She just nodded to Alfie, as she sat down.
"Oh..." he stammered, then grinned, turning to Jay. "It's just a lassie. She's no trouble to us."
"Females ruined my life," Jay whined dramatically, turning away and heading off to sit down and sulk on his own.

Jack's nose twitched as he took in the female's scent from a distance - not wanting to intimidate her by too many people rushing in at once.
A lassie. No trouble. Wow. This guy didn't seem to think much of ''just lassie's''. But she held her cool and smiled, after all... he was right. She was no trouble.

Jay's reaction, however, caused her to frown. She was still wise enough to hold her tongue, as she observed all the males closely.
Alfie glanced over his shoulder at his dad before sighing.
"Don't mind him. He's just cranky," he laughed.

"I heard that!"

"I'm sure you did," Alfie added under his breath.
Matias opened his mouth to speak, but before he could say anything, Rosco spoke again.
A soft laugh escaped Sienna's lips. She already like Alfie; what a nice kid. Her eyes sparkled with a bit of naughtyness as she watched Jay; she felt an increadible urge to tease him. Better not....
"Hey, you're more than welcome to travel with us, if you like," Rosco smiled, adding a wink. "I'm Rosco by the way, and this is my family. I'm the Alpha Male."

"No you're not," Jay butted in from where he was sat away from them.

Matias sighed.
- ''Ah... well.'' Sienna sat calmly and decided to adress Rosco, ''mister alpha male'', first.

- ''I guess you catched my name... nice meeting you. Is this your family?'' She asked, as she ignored Jay's remark and watched Matias, who didn't seem at ease. ''What are their names?''

As she asked her questions, she pondered his proposal.
Travel with them? Hmm... maybe she could. Why not... no real harm in it. At least, if he wouldn't try to snatch her and hold her in the pack against her will. Some guys did that, especially packs with little or no females sometimes did... and this wás such a pack.

She wondered, once again, where the mother's of the boys where. They where old enough now to do without one, but still....
toki333
Warrior

Post by toki333 » 03-01-2011 01:18

Nakisha wrote: A soft laugh escaped Sienna's lips. She already like Alfie; what a nice kid. Her eyes sparkled with a bit of naughtyness as she watched Jay; she felt an increadible urge to tease him. Better not....

- ''Ah... well.'' Sienna sat calmly and decided to adress Rosco, ''mister alpha male'', first.

- ''I guess you catched my name... nice meeting you. Is this your family?'' She asked, as she ignored Jay's remark and watched Matias, who didn't seem at ease. ''What are their names?''

As she asked her questions, she pondered his proposal.
Travel with them? Hmm... maybe she could. Why not... no real harm in it. At least, if he wouldn't try to snatch her and hold her in the pack against her will. Some guys did that, especially packs with little or no females sometimes did... and this wás such a pack.

She wondered, once again, where the mother's of the boys where. They where old enough now to do without one, but still....
Rosco grinned broadly, wagging his tail.
"Yes it is my family. And ignore Jay, he's just...he's just Jay," the silver male nodded. Mattie shifted beside Alfie, who was continuing to smile broadly at the female. He liked her. She smelled nice.

"This is Alfie, my nephew. Jay's his dad and my...big brother," Rosco explained then added as a whisper, "feel free to tease him about his size. Even his son is taller than him. Depressing, huh?"
Rosco stared at Matias, who looked away quickly.
"That's my son, Matias. He doesn't say much...and he's a bit strange. I wouldn't pay much attention to him if I was you, he doesn't really interact with anyone," Rosco explained.
"Except guys. He loves guys," Alfie chipped in, flattening his ears when he realised what he's said. He stared around, stuttering. "Uh...yeah...he's my cousin. He's really nice, once you get to know him. I mean...he's a great friend. And he get's on well with anyone, but especially guys...nothing like a few male pals to throw your weight around with eh?"

Jack rolled his eyes, stepping forward.
"I'm Jack, Jay's twin brother. Please ignore Rosco," he shot him a glare. "He's all braun and no brain."

Alfie sighed in relief at his uncle's interjection, and smiled apologetically at Mattie. The young male just shrugged, getting to his feet and shaking his fur.
"Hey guys, what happened to 'oh hurry, we're going to lose the herd!', eh?" He sniffed.

Jay nodded. "Mattie's right."
He turned to Sienna, tilting his head to the side. "You're welcome to join us if you want...seems you've found yourself a friend..."
Jay glanced at his son, who was wagging his tail constantly as he grinned at Sienna.

Mattie stretched, yawning. Honestly, family.

The group headed off, Alfie lingering behind, still grinning like an idiot.
"Please come with us," he pleaded. "I haven't spent much time with wolves outside my family before...it'll be fun!"

Rosco leant in close to Jay as they walked.
"There's no need to be so antisocial," he growled. "Besides...she's pretty hot."
"You need to learn to keep your mind on bigger matters, rather than...that," Jay spat back. Rosco wrinkled his nose. Sometimes, he just didn't get his brother...
Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 03-01-2011 01:31

Rosco grinned broadly, wagging his tail.
"Yes it is my family. And ignore Jay, he's just...he's just Jay," the silver male nodded. Mattie shifted beside Alfie, who was continuing to smile broadly at the female. He liked her. She smelled nice.
Sienna, immediatly taken by Alfie already, took in the details of the silver male as he spoke.
He was unusually handsome. And quite friendly, too. So... the one who disliked the female kind was called Jay. She'd remember that...
"This is Alfie, my nephew. Jay's his dad and my...big brother," Rosco explained then added as a whisper, "feel free to tease him about his size. Even his son is taller than him. Depressing, huh?"
Rosco stared at Matias, who looked away quickly.
Sienna easily noticed Matias's discomfort, yet she had no idea why he felt so nervous. Maybe he, like Jay, has unpleasant experiences with the other sex? Just a wild guess.

She listened, she smiled and shook her head. Teasing Jay... that wouldn't be nice... But the naughty sparkle was still in her eyes.
"That's my son, Matias. He doesn't say much...and he's a bit strange. I wouldn't pay much attention to him if I was you, he doesn't really interact with anyone," Rosco explained.
"Except guys. He loves guys," Alfie chipped in, flattening his ears when he realised what he's said. He stared around, stuttering. "Uh...yeah...he's my cousin. He's really nice, once you get to know him. I mean...he's a great friend. And he get's on well with anyone, but especially guys...nothing like a few male pals to throw your weight around with eh?"
While Sienna had no idea what the deal was with Matias, it was quite clear that there was something special about him. She looked at him for a moment, scanning him with her green eyes, interested, yet without judgement.
There was something special about him... and she intended to figure out what it was. Later.
All in good time...
Jack rolled his eyes, stepping forward.
"I'm Jack, Jay's twin brother. Please ignore Rosco," he shot him a glare. "He's all braun and no brain."
Once again, Sienna laughed softly. Well, at least she had catched names now. That would make things easier...
Alfie sighed in relief at his uncle's interjection, and smiled apologetically at Mattie. The young male just shrugged, getting to his feet and shaking his fur.
"Hey guys, what happened to 'oh hurry, we're going to lose the herd!', eh?" He sniffed.

Jay nodded. "Mattie's right."
Her interest was sparked right away. So... they had been after a herd... probably deer....
He turned to Sienna, tilting his head to the side. "You're welcome to join us if you want...seems you've found yourself a friend..."
Jay glanced at his son, who was wagging his tail constantly as he grinned at Sienna.

Mattie stretched, yawning. Honestly, family.

The group headed off, Alfie lingering behind, still grinning like an idiot.
"Please come with us," he pleaded. "I haven't spent much time with wolves outside my family before...it'll be fun!"
Sienna realised they where going to move on. After the ''herd''.
She still doubted wether or not to follow... but Alfie tipped the scale.

- ''Hmm.. alright, then. I'll tag along.'' She rose to her paws, abandoning the half-eaten hare. Other carnivores would surely find it... there was no worry about wasting a precious life. Her curiousity to learn more about these wolves was greater then her desire to be safe.

Maybe it was time for a change.

She trotted after them, until she was besides young Alfie once more.
Rosco leant in close to Jay as they walked.
"There's no need to be so antisocial," he growled. "Besides...she's pretty hot."
"You need to learn to keep your mind on bigger matters, rather than...that," Jay spat back. Rosco wrinkled his nose. Sometimes, he just didn't get his brother...
Sienna laughed.

- ''I can hear you guys, you know....'' She said, her eyes still sparkling and even her voice slightly teasing. ''You guys make quite an... interesting pack. All family, huh?'' She didn't come forward, but she adressed the males openly now. ''I can't help but notice, though... where are the females?''
toki333
Warrior

Post by toki333 » 03-01-2011 01:59

(Fail post will be fail as it's on my iPod lol)

Nakisha wrote:
Sienna realised they where going to move on. After the ''herd''.
She still doubted wether or not to follow... but Alfie tipped the scale.

- ''Hmm.. alright, then. I'll tag along.'' She rose to her paws, abandoning the half-eaten hare. Other carnivores would surely find it... there was no worry about wasting a precious life. Her curiousity to learn more about these wolves was greater then her desire to be safe.

Maybe it was time for a change.

She trotted after them, until she was besides young Alfie once more.
Alfie wagged his tail manically, glad to have some different company after travelling with his family for so long.
"Oh that's great!" He beamed dancing around her before following his family, Sienna at his side.

Jack glanced at the hare, contemplating whether or not to grab it, but as his family started to leave, he quickly ran after them, forgetting all about it.

- ''I can hear you guys, you know....'' She said, her eyes still sparkling and even her voice slightly teasing. ''You guys make quite an... interesting pack. All family, huh?'' She didn't come forward, but she adressed the males openly now. ''I can't help but notice, though... where are the females?''
"Unfortunately we are all related," Jay sighed. "We sort of...bumped into each other and decided to roam. A random decision, I must say, but I don't entirely regret going along with it."

He paused to watch Rosco eyeing the young female up, and Alfie prancing along behind her like the lovestruck puppy he was. Then Mattie, shuffling along at the back as usual. Beside Jay, Jack was muttering to himself, complaining or thinking about something or another.

"I suppose..." Jay added, wagging his tail once.

At the mention of females, the three brothers exchanged looks.
Rosco mouthed a let me handle this to the twins, and then turned to Sienna.
"To cut a long story short, his mother," Rosco nodded to Matias. "Ran off with Jack, then later ran off with our eldest brother. I don't know the deal with Jay, he doesn't talk about it."

Alfie interrupted.
"My mum and dad had a...misunderstanding and split. Mum was angry at him for being such a bonehead, and dad's been sulky ever since. Or at least that was what I heard, because my mum didn't know she was carrying my litter until much later," he explained. 
Jay rolled his eyes. Emi's story was bound to be bias. 
"Then me and my mum got separated and I found my dad," Alfie grinned. "He hates me."

Jay sighed, then perked his ears as he smelt deer.
  "Hey, I've got the scent again!"

Rosco nodded in agreement. "C'mon."

Mattie trailed along at the back, looking up as he heard tge other's talking. Alfie flashed him a smile, and he smiled back. Best not to mingle into the centre of the action -he was safer on the side of it all.  
Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 03-01-2011 02:18

"Unfortunately we are all related," Jay sighed. "We sort of...bumped into each other and decided to roam. A random decision, I must say, but I don't entirely regret going along with it."

He paused to watch Rosco eyeing the young female up, and Alfie prancing along behind her like the lovestruck puppy he was. Then Mattie, shuffling along at the back as usual. Beside Jay, Jack was muttering to himself, complaining or thinking about something or another.

"I suppose..." Jay added, wagging his tail once.
Well, that much was clear, then. Sienna watched the guys in front closely; there was more...
At the mention of females, the three brothers exchanged looks.
Rosco mouthed a let me handle this to the twins, and then turned to Sienna.
"To cut a long story short, his mother," Rosco nodded to Matias. "Ran off with Jack, then later ran off with our eldest brother. I don't know the deal with Jay, he doesn't talk about it."

Alfie interrupted.
"My mum and dad had a...misunderstanding and split. Mum was angry at him for being such a bonehead, and dad's been sulky ever since. Or at least that was what I heard, because my mum didn't know she was carrying my litter until much later," he explained.
Jay rolled his eyes. Emi's story was bound to be bias.
"Then me and my mum got separated and I found my dad," Alfie grinned. "He hates me."
- ''Hates you?'' Sienna shook her head. ''He shouldn't.'' She wagged her tail lightly, as she took in all the new information.

So... the girls were gone. Just a couple of guys, a couple of dad's, a couple of pups... all together. This was an odd pack indeed....
Jay sighed, then perked his ears as he smelt deer.
"Hey, I've got the scent again!"

Rosco nodded in agreement. "C'mon."

Mattie trailed along at the back, looking up as he heard tge other's talking. Alfie flashed him a smile, and he smiled back. Best not to mingle into the centre of the action -he was safer on the side of it all.
As the guys where focussed on the scent, Sienna glanced behind her at Matias. She wondered why he was in the back, alone. Not really a social type, maybe...

She flashed him a smile, then perked her ears and looked back in front, curious to see what the adults where doing.

Sure, she liked youngsters, to an extend. She wasn't an overly mother-ly type, though. Alfie was nice, sweet, and Matias seemed... well, shy to say the lease. Uncomfortable.
The adults, though, had her main interest for now. She wanted to see what kind of wolves she was dealing with....