"Diamondback"

Please post your anthro-character profiles here. Profile outlines are also found here.
Shaydie
The Shadow Hound

"Diamondback"

Post by Shaydie » 06-07-2010 23:07

>> I.dentification --

Name: Dominic Memphis Ktharin
Nickname(s): Diamondback
Species: Dragon
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 100 lbs (lightweight, but durable bones)

>> B.roken Ties... --

Family: The Obsidian Shrine dragons

>> D.efying Fate --

Mate: Narcissa
Crush: None
Offspring: None

>> B.irthright --

Mother: Tiaa'mat
Father: Corinthians
Siblings: Imhotep, Kylie, North

>> --

More thinly-built than the common portrayal of dragon-kind, Dominic neither claims strength nor exhibits it, and rightly so. His bones, comparable to avian bones, are hollow and lightweight. However, they also contain sheets of a lightweight, steel-like material only found in dragon bones - a reason why their kind is becoming extinct. As such, he is lightning quick and able to dodge bullets if he sees them coming. This is not to say that he is invulnerable - too many times he has been seriously wounded by gunfire because he was too slow.

Dominic's wings are small, and thus do not allow him to fly - a characteristic not uncommon to two-legged dragons. He is, however, able to use them to lengthen and heighten his jumps a foot or more.

This dragon's markings are known to glow in the dark when he wishes them to, allowing him to brighten dark spaces with considerable ease.

>> S.oldier --

Amiable to a fault, Dominic doesn't like to fight... at all. He does believe in protecting homeland and family, though, and will kill in order to do so. This makes him a valuable asset on the field as he will not cower at the sight of overwhelming numbers. A fierce defender, he will do anything to protect his fellow soldiers if the situation arises. Being a dragon and thus quite religious, he often prays for the souls of his enemies out of respect. Many soldiers don't understand this and often tease or berate him for it, but he pays them no mind.

Usually humorous and good-natured, especially outside of battle, Dominic is the master of morale. He is inherently likeable and can usually bring a calm air to his squadron when needed. He does not over-do it, however, and will turn serious again when a battle breaks out.

He has quickly found that many anthros place him on a pedestal because of his species, a few because they believe he is special and may be the one to win the war himself. Dominic finds this to be quite annoying and insists he is just a soldier, not a god. Tiring quickly of praise, he usually tunes out such voices entirely, preferring those who measure him according to his trustworthiness, not his origins.

>> O.ut of the Ashes --

Born to one of the remaining dragon families, Dominic originally had no markings and was classified as a "Slate" black dragon because his scales were unmarked (as opposed to a "Rune" dragon with intricate, bicolor markings). Unfortunately, this made him suitable only for the restoration of the dragon species, and by his first year he was already betrothed to a white female dragon called Narcissa. As such, he was never taught how to breathe fire or perform the magics of old.

It was only when Dominic's rite of passage came around that his true colors came out. Literally. Near the end of the ritual, his body began to glow golden, and in seconds he was enveloped in a light so harsh that even the most weathered dragons had to look away. When the light dimmed, his signature diamond-shaped markings criss-crossed his body, glowing and sizzling with a heat rivaling dragon fire. Such an event was not unheard of, but it was rare, and was viewed as a sign from the heavens.

The elders present at the ritual instantly decided that he was destined for something greater. And so he was reclassified as a Rune dragon... and elevated to Noble status.

It was only a matter of time before Dominic's patience began to wear away. He was a man of simple tastes, not used to the lavish lifestyles of a Rune dragon, as rare as they were. Having left Narcissa behind, he found himself without purpose... at least until the councils decided his fate. Always, he would be under their careful watch...

That was a life he could not accept.

One night, while all the dragons slept, he packed enough of his things to last a few days, and left. He'd heard of a war breaking out in the north - the dragons, being strict isolationists, had tried to keep out of it. Now, through him, they would get their two cents in whether they liked it or not.

By the end of his training, he was known as a lightning quick fighter and, for many, a trusted friend. He earned the nickname "Diamondback" after a few of his comrades noticed the diamond-shaped mark between his wings and his tendency to strike faster than a rattlesnake.

>> R.est and Relaxation --

"For You" - Azu
"Wild One" - Darius Rucker
"Rock That Body" - Black Eyed Peas
"Thnks fr th Mmmrs" - Fall Out Boy

Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 06-07-2010 23:21

He's amazing!!! :D I loved reading about him.
His height is messured in foot, right? If so, he's just a tad bigger then Durango... almost the same height. :) Durango will be surprised and pleased, lol.... I expected him to be the smallest (again, in height, lol).
~When darkness comes, you know I'm never far~
Leo
Beta

Post by Leo » 06-07-2010 23:24

awsome i like him a lot, love the ider that he is from noblit on dragons see, i would imagon a lot of the anthros will ither think his something speshial like you said or be scaer of him so act aggresivly towrods him. the hole penchung thing as he is one, but a rare one at that.

only thing id say is the dodge bullets thing. but if the others dont mind this trate im fine with it :), i was trying to keep it almost human if you get what i mean, with the anthros ablitys, ovesly there stronger and faster. and passive magic was like his marking and horns and small wings, its like small things that arnt really magic (minuss markings) that dont really help him to much.

but like i said if the others are cool with it then so im i :) i think i need to do a more thura right up on the world to help you guys.

but other then that i LOVE him he looks great.
live fast, die young in a nice pair of shorts.
plz for give my spelling Image
umm you all rock :D
Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 06-07-2010 23:29

Leo wrote:only thing id say is the dodge bullets thing. but if the others dont mind this trate im fine with it :), i was trying to keep it almost human if you get what i mean, with the anthros ablitys, ovesly there stronger and faster. and passive magic was like his marking and horns and small wings, its like small things that arnt really magic (minuss markings) that dont really help him to much.

but like i said if the others are cool with it then so im i :) i think i need to do a more thura right up on the world to help you guys.
Personally, I do not mind. :) It's his ''strength'', like all charries will have strengths and weaknesses... but of course, I will wait how everyone else feels.
Shaydie
The Shadow Hound

Post by Shaydie » 06-07-2010 23:41

Ah, the dodging bullets thing.

The thing is, he CAN. It's not an every-time thing and he will get hit if he tries to side-step a machine gun. But if he's staring down the barrel of a regular pistol and he sees the trigger being pulled, he can sidestep that single bullet. It is in no way a fool-proof movement - he's already overestimated himself and attempts this only in dire situations.
Shaydie
The Shadow Hound

Post by Shaydie » 06-07-2010 23:44

And yes, Kisha, he's measured in feet. X3 I never meant him to be tall, so if he's a tad taller than Durango than that's good.
Nakisha
Alpha of Hekaya

Post by Nakisha » 06-07-2010 23:50

Shaydie wrote:And yes, Kisha, he's measured in feet. X3 I never meant him to be tall, so if he's a tad taller than Durango than that's good.
Yep, they're two regular-sized guys!! :D
Leo
Beta

Post by Leo » 07-07-2010 17:01

cool no thats fair enuf it just sound as if he would be doing the matrix infront of the enime XD :P

thats all cool i really like his personality and colours i think it will be awsome to see how the others react to him
live fast, die young in a nice pair of shorts.
plz for give my spelling Image
umm you all rock :D
Shaydie
The Shadow Hound

Post by Shaydie » 07-07-2010 18:29

LOL that would be weird, huh... Nah, it's nothing like that. If he even tried bending backwards that far he'd fall over :lol: