Wild West

Unyama, a word referring to the nature and behaviour of an animal.
This is the forum for anthropomorphic animal RP.
Leo
Beta

Post by Leo » 29-03-2011 21:15

bump)
live fast, die young in a nice pair of shorts.
plz for give my spelling Image
umm you all rock :D
Shaydie
The Shadow Hound

Post by Shaydie » 29-03-2011 23:55

Heh, sorry... stuff to do, having trouble figuring out which direction I wanna go with this, plus Broken Souls hogging all the muse haha. I'll have a post up by the end of the week.
Leo
Beta

Post by Leo » 29-06-2011 21:07

bump)
Shaydie
The Shadow Hound

Post by Shaydie » 29-06-2011 23:33

(Let's try again, shall we?)
“well with that said miss I don’t think I have a say in the matter”, he said with his own checky smile.
She smiled, the emotion behind the curved maw both sincere and dark at the same time. Damn right he didn't have a say in the matter. He was a good boy, at least. Someone she'd probably be able to handle if it came down to it. Much different than her bulky bodyguards - neither of them could add brains to their brawn, much less follow complex orders. It was like she had to babysit the bastards. Already, despite the fact that she had dismissed them, they flanked her, eying the canine before them with suspicion. Sufficiently irritated, Lilith whirled on one of them and swung her hand across the back of his head as hard as she could. The bigger reptile flinched and recoiled from her, defeat instantly plastered on his face.

"Get the hell outta here, ya damn fool! And you too! Get back to the fort and tell 'em I'm leaving. ... What're ya waitin' for!? GET!"

The two lizards hesitated a second more, then obeyed, striding off with their tails nearly between their legs. The gecko sighed in exasperation, then turned back to Sam, who was already into the livery. She followed, golden eyes glinting as she saw his horse. Quite the beauty. A haughty chestnut mare with an attitude, it seemed. Unwilling to chance getting bitten, she admired the horse from a reasonable distance. Of course, her own horse was quite enough for her. Strong, fast, and vicious. Just like her. Good old Jacknife.
ma moody mare, she’s a right bitch but dependable”
"No doubt, no doubt..."

The lizard contemplated on the horse for a few more seconds, watched the canine gather his things for another moment, then sighed and exited the stable, blinking in the sunlight. She waited there for a minute, mapping out their course in her head.

First, off to Ridgewood Farm - past it, actually. Their first destination was a little further west: Repentance Rock. Her business there was more personal than she'd reveal just yet.

After that, off to Mexico over the Frontera Bridge. A few friends of hers had sent for help a few weeks ago, but the men she'd sent hadn't come back. She didn't expect to find them; what she was after was answers as to what was happening down there.

And then to Blackwater.

The final destination gave her chills. Fine horses up that way. And good hunting. And something other than this DAMN HEAT!

She heard Sam flick his hat behind her. She turned, big eyes falling on his repeater carbine. A smirk crossed her face. Big guns for such an inexperienced boy. Then again, he was a better shot than most. Disregarding his arsenal for the moment, she whistled for Jacknife.
“well miss when do we ride out, and do I keep calling ya miss, miss?”, he said with his smile.
Before she could answer, Lilith's big black horse thundered into the alley and up to his master, white face blinding against the rest of his body. Jack was huge for a quarter horse - perhaps over sixteen hands - and had bulging muscles beneath his glossy coat and scars. He eyed Lilith's traveling companion with something like hatred in his eyes, then nosed the gecko affectionately as she stroked his head.

"Meet Jacknife. He's my baby. He's also prone to kicking, so please keep yer distance. Now, me? You can call me miss, ma'am, or Lilith. But not Lil. And as for when we ride out..."

Abruptly and with grace that did not fit her hard exterior, the gecko swung herself up onto Jacknife's back. The horse sidestepped back and forth, itching to ride - it looked like a frenzied dance. Lilith tilted her hat at the boy slightly, grinning.

"Right now."

She already had what she needed for the trip. She traveled light and fast - no pots or pans needed for her. All that was in Jacknife's saddlebags was a couple of canteens full of water, a pound of venison jerky, cigarettes, a few matches, and a bed roll. She carried her knife, revolver, repeater, and bandolier with her at all times - all of which she'd have to grab from the sheriff before they left.
Leo
Beta

Post by Leo » 30-06-2011 22:09

Sam chuckled to him self when she told her goons to get out of there, seems they were lacking in the brains department. His mind again racing as he pulled his things together, this could get him killed but at the same time this would be the chance of a life time, this outlaw could teach him all he needed to no, how to shoot better, how to fight how to talk the talk and walk the walk, he could servie out in the wild no problem but he still had a lot to learn about serving the rest of the west.

When he walked out to meet her he saw the smirk on her face over his rifle.
“it ant much a no, but it dose the job”, he said with his young cheeky grin, his carbine had been a gift when he went off to live a life for him self, it was old and beaten but fired straight at lest.

Then her horse showed up, he wasn’t going to mess with that stallion, he looked him over a prowd and powerful beast, and fitted with the gecko well, his stark white face was in sharp contrast with the rest of his body and the scars over him showed the life they lead together and it only seemed to fuel his exitment.

"Meet Jacknife. He's my baby. He's also prone to kicking, so please keep yer distance. Now, me? You can call me miss, ma'am, or Lilith. But not Lil. And as for when we ride out..."

“well his a fine animal miss, and don’t worry I learn ma lesson back when I was a pup”, he said with a grin then he watched her mount her horse with grace that surprised him, getting the hint he turned to his own put his foot in the stirrups and husted him self up, his movment was smooth and well pratist, as being from the ranch he lived on his horse, but his mount showed his working life stile so to speak it was quick and simple with no refinement. No time for it when they were herding the cattle.

His own horse was picking up on the existment of the other and started to match its dance jolsting around and getting rilled up ready to go, his heart was pounding again, it was nearly the same as when they all went out to heard the cattle the exsitment but this was a lot more exsiting this was for him, his storie was getting read to start, he was so read for this. He watched Lilith with bright eager eyes wanting for her word. He was as eager to go as the horse were.

His throat was dry, yeah he was ready.

"Right now."

He followed.

(its great to get this one going again, il let you lead the rp, il have to get on the game again to remind my self of the accsents lol )
Shaydie
The Shadow Hound

Post by Shaydie » 03-07-2011 02:24

( Haha, mmkay. I just got a taste of the Undead Nightmare expansion too so my muse is slightly rekindled. c: )

As soon as she felt Sam was ready, Lilith pulled Jacknife around and sent him back down the alley from whence they'd come. At first, the excitable horse took up a sudden gallop, eager to be out of the confines of a town. Hissing slightly, Lilith pulled at his reins, slowing him to a canter as they continued down the main street of Armadillo, toward the marshal's office. Cooper was sitting beneath the awning, already anticipating the gecko's return for her weaponry. As they neared, the raccoon stood up, Lilith's rifle and pistol grasped in either hand. Smirking slightly, the gang leader managed to get Jacknife to halt close enough to the building that Cooper could walk up and hand her back her guns. Though there was a seething disdain in his expression, the lawman was loathe to push Lilith to any extreme that involved a shootout in the streets. Thus, as the guns changed hands, he only tipped his head to her slightly. He would have turned and let her leave right then, but he noticed Sam and his horse trailing behind the dastardly pair. A note of concern passed over him.

"You goin' with her, boy?"

Lilith chuckled, amused by the sudden concern that had split the hard-as-nails exterior Cooper often put on.

"Don't worry, old man. I ain't got any intention of getting him killed. Quite the opposite, actually."

Suddenly the raccoon snapped his gaze back to her, anger in his eyes. The abrupt change was enough to alter Lilith's smile, but only barely. They regarded each other with dark gazes for a few seconds... Then the marshal spoke, warning in his voice.

"It's not him gettin' killed I'm worried about, ma'am."

Lilith rolled her eyes and instead of shooting an insult back at him, she turned Jacknife around, heading off at a brisk walk down the road toward the Hanging Rock. Cooper watched her go, then looked back at Sam, offering the same concerned look.

"I don't know what's goin' on, and I don't rightly know that I need the details... But whatever you've got into, don't put yerself in a position that you and I have to trade fire. Got that?"

He waited for Sam's reply, then waved him away to follow Lilith, returning to his spot beneath the awning to survey the main street of Armadillo.
Leo
Beta

Post by Leo » 04-07-2011 21:41

The sudden burst or speed from her steed sent his into a gallop as well but as she slowed down so did he and get her back into a canter with the normal snorting in annoyance that followed, he could feel his heart hammering still he still couldn’t blev this was happening if some one had told him this when he had woken up next to his girl for the night that he would be heading out with a dangeros outlaw that morning he would have called them a fool.

As they neared the sheriffs he got that twing of what this could mean him making this move, being a outlaw ment that you wernt particary evil you just went after your own ends, wether good or bad, and got over any obstickals good or bad, to be out side the law yet have morals and standards.

"You goin' with her, boy?"

Lilith chuckled, amused by the sudden concern that had split the hard-as-nails exterior Cooper often put on.

"Don't worry, old man. I ain't got any intention of getting him killed. Quite the opposite, actually."

Suddenly the raccoon snapped his gaze back to her, anger in his eyes. The abrupt change was enough to alter Lilith's smile, but only barely. They regarded each other with dark gazes for a few seconds... Then the marshal spoke, warning in his voice.

"It's not him gettin' killed I'm worried about, ma'am."

He had to itmite he was tuched by the sheriffs words in a strange way, or did he just not to have another outlaw to worry about. Ither way it was amusing to hear.

"I don't know what's goin' on, and I don't rightly know that I need the details... But whatever you've got into, don't put yerself in a position that you and I have to trade fire. Got that?"

Sam grined his cheeky good narchered grin, his horse was moving around in her egerness to follow lilith. Sam tuched the peak of his hat to the sheriff.
“don’t you worry none sir I wouldn’t dare barter in such a trade”, and with that he trotted off after his new travel partner, he chuckled to him self, maybe the next time he returned to this place it would be the sheriff thinking that, that was if his fanterys of what he would become came true.

They were heading out to hangmans rock by the look of it, that was were he went hunting, to pay his ways.
“well miss I didn’t no the sheriff cared so much for a young ranch hand so much”, he said with a joke in his voice, he wondered wether she was the quite type most of the time, if that was the case maybe he would have a bullet in his head sooner then he had planned.

As they went he looked around more out of habbit then thinking about it, he was good at tracking beast he could already spotted a plant that had been nibbled at the bottem rabbits then, deer tracks but they were old, he saw a armodilo scuttering throw a bush. They didn’t make good eating so he left it be.

Jackle tracks to over there.

He looked back to lilith wondering how fare her supplies would reach them, maybe he would shoot some vermin and when the camped for the night he would skin them and prep them for dinner and travel.
Shaydie
The Shadow Hound

Post by Shaydie » 06-07-2011 03:16

Lilith had stopped at the fork in the road where one diverged to the ranch where Sam worked and the other headed off into the desert. She was leaning forward over her saddle horn to allow Jacknife to graze a bit on the sparse forage the desert had to offer when Sam caught up to her. Without a word she leaned back again; her stallion didn't need any other cue. He raised his head again, still chewing, and allowed himself to be steered down the road, again heading toward the Hanging Rock.
“well miss I didn’t no the sheriff cared so much for a young ranch hand so much”, he said with a joke in his voice
She looked back at him, somewhat of a sneer on her face.

"He doesn't. Not about yer LIFE anyway, if we're talking about putting bullets in faces and not so-called 'quality.'"

Her tone was anything but threatening, just matter-of-fact. With that, she turned around again, wondering if he would prompt her to elaborate. She would oblige, of course, if he asked; but if he wasn't interested, that was fine with her too. However, when she glanced back at him again a few minutes later, she caught the glint in his eye as he scanned the landscape. The gecko smirked, returning her gaze to the road ahead before he caught her looking at him. Somehow his hunting instinct didn't surprise her... but it would be interesting to see how well he could hunt if he could shoot that straight.

But first...

She brought Jack to a halt and turned him 'round so he was facing Sam's horse. The big stallion snorted, displeased about having to stand still in the middle of the road.

"How fast can that nag of yours run, do ya think?"

Almost as if he understood what his master had said, Jacknife arched his neck and pawed at the ground, snorting and huffing like a demon.

(Jacknife is more akin to the Standardbred [ black horse from Blackwater ] than the Outlaw's Horse [ scarred black horse with the white face that can't run for anything ]. He might look similar, but he's faster. Therefore he has less health than the Outlaw's Horse, but in the end he's tough as nails and just as fast as, say, the Kentucky Saddler [ palomino from Armadillo ]. Just a heads up. If you wanna have Sam take off toward the Hanging Rock for a race to SHOW Lilith instead of tell her, go for it. c:)
Leo
Beta

Post by Leo » 07-07-2011 19:15

"He doesn't. Not about yer LIFE anyway, if we're talking about putting bullets in faces and not so-called 'quality.'"

He didn’t quite under stand what she ment by that, he cocked his head with his smile still on his face.
“am sorry miss im just a simple ranch boy mind exsplannen”, he said the joke in his eyes. To a serios point it was clear to him that he had a lot to learn living on a ranch and going no were but armadillo made on quite simple it seemed. He knew a lot about cattle and ranch life and work, a lot about horse and hunting the land were he lived and how to read it, and how to shoot good well maybe not so simple after all.

When she pulled around and stopped infront of him, he stopped wondering what the problem was.
"How fast can that nag of yours run, do ya think?"

His grin split his face again he pulled his horse around so he had a clear path ahead but kept looking and talking at the same time.

“well she is good for long runs, she can keep going and going well after any so called fast horse is out of steam, but she got some speed to her”, and with that he kick hard.

“HYA”

And his horse lurched into a gallop, he bent followed in the saddle both hands on the rains, her powerful legs struck at the ground kicking up dust, she was a force to be reckoned with but she wasn’t all out speed like he had said she was more for staminer, that’s what had made her such a brillent work horse for the long days crouling the cattle.

It wasn’t fur to hanging rock he could see it in the distense.
“come on little missy I don’t want to be rude by beaten ya”, he called back laughing, he loved galloping his horse seemed to be enjoying the burst of speed as well, she picked the path with out much input from him self, she had worked all her life in theses lands and could pick her own rout well.
Leo
Beta

Post by Leo » 21-07-2011 18:27

(Bump)